NATION

PASSWORD

The Mechanics' Guild: An RP(G) Community

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:59 am

Plzen wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Cool cool, although I’m not sure about Inefficient Procurement. Good penalty early game, but late game quite crippling for a world power. Leaving them weaker then most of its competitors.

What other "theme" would you suggest for the United States?

Of the other five I have two "aggressive" powers with bonuses that penalise turtling (because people were concerned about too many people turtling), one "volatile" power that can grow quickly but also collapse easier, one "diplomatic" power that encourages finding a patron, and one "tall" power that discourages fighting anyone that isn't an immediate neighbour.

My original idea (that you responded to) was to make the United States the opposite of the "tall" power -- a power that is encouraged to be present in many places but not dominant anywhere.

I mean the penalty makes sense. It’s quite a decent one actually. I just think it may need some adjustments. You could go multiple routes with this, even just simply making a condition to replace the national spirit late game with something else. I just think, that it may make the USA to weak in the late game, because in the late game, you get expensive and powerful units, and it’d be a logistical nightmare for the US to field a large army of mid-tier and high-tier units.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:because in the late game, you get expensive and powerful units, and it’d be a logistical nightmare for the US to field a large army of mid-tier and high-tier units.

I'll cut you off right there with the statement that this RP is definitely not a Civ-style RP with a tech tree and dozens of unlockable units. :p There will not be multiple tiers of units.

I'll definitely consider special events that allow players to swap out their national spirits, though. Maybe tie it into the international crises mechanics. That could be interesting...

And mumbles something about the "diplomatic" superpower
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:14 am

Plzen wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:because in the late game, you get expensive and powerful units, and it’d be a logistical nightmare for the US to field a large army of mid-tier and high-tier units.

I'll cut you off right there with the statement that this RP is definitely not a Civ-style RP with a tech tree and dozens of unlockable units. :p There will not be multiple tiers of units.

I'll definitely consider special events that allow players to swap out their national spirits, though. Maybe tie it into the international crises mechanics. That could be interesting...

And mumbles something about the "diplomatic" superpower

Even if it isn’t a tier-style sort of thing, it makes a pretty fair example. Perhaps I’ve been playing to much total war...

Anyways good luck, will keep an eye out for your RP.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am

Alright. Wrote up one more paragraph as another teaser before I go.

Russia

Росси́йская Федера́ция

Russia entered the twenty-first century a dying power. Born of the shattered remains of the Soviet Union in 1991, Russia had to contend with, from the beginning of the re-emergence of its tricolour, antiquated military, antiquated infrastructure, antiquated civil service, and antiquated industry. Any democratic aspirations of the Russian people might have harboured following the fall of the USSR was quickly waved away, and under the strong leadership of technically elected Presidents, the country dragged itself into the post-industrial era, painful year by painful year. With the rich, if somewhat outdated, military history and traditions of its predecessor states to draw on, the Russian Federation re-emerged into the middle of the century a superpower to contend with, asserting itself against the little Eastern European states on its border and setting brush wars across the "Western" Middle East. Now, once more, the Russian people face the wealthy superpowers of the world with a grim determination that their homeland will forever remain theirs. But the bear must move carefully yet quickly, before the great game stacks itself against the world's least populous superpower...

Russia starts with the following national spirits:
Rodina -- Russian armies add an additional 3-sided die instead of a 2-sided one to attack/defence dice rolls in territories in which Russia holds at least one refinery.
Infrastructural Decay -- Russian-built refineries suffer the -§1 per turn modifier from old refineries beginning on the second instead of fourth turn of its production.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am

Plzen wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Cool cool, although I’m not sure about Inefficient Procurement. Good penalty early game, but late game quite crippling for a world power. Leaving them weaker then most of its competitors.

What other "theme" would you suggest for the United States?

Of the other five I have two "aggressive" powers with bonuses that penalise turtling (because people were concerned about too many people turtling), one "volatile" power that can grow quickly but also collapse easier, one "diplomatic" power that encourages finding a patron, and one "tall" power that discourages fighting anyone that isn't an immediate neighbour.

My original idea (that you responded to) was to make the United States the opposite of the "tall" power -- a power that is encouraged to be present in many places but not dominant anywhere.

Maybe something along the lines of Civ 5 India, but backwards?

Liberty's Hegemon - rather than take direct control of occupied territories, the U.S prefers to establish nominally "democratic" local governments. Maximum resource income from minor territories is halved, but resource extraction costs are too.

Overall, the U.S should have the same efficiency in resource extraction as other factions, but they would need to build wide to match others in total resource production. Perhaps the first trait could also be tweaked so that armies recruited with it can't move but also don't require upkeep? They would represent the national armies of each puppet democracy. In the end, the ideal U.S playstyle would involve cruising around the minor powers with a large fleet, toppling governments left and right. Since the U.S gets a free garrison, they would be able to expand extremely quickly, but their territory would also end up being quite vulnerable to attack.

EDIT, didn't realize there was another page: I like your Russia model so far. While the suggested U.S playstyle encourages a massive blitz across the map, your Russia implies a slow but steady crawl forwards, as failing refineries are replaced on the front line in order to buff the troops. Also, might I suggest China as the turtle power? It fits with their strategy of African expansion so far, as well as their history of focusing economy over all.
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:35 am

I finally got around to writing the social policy expenditure and terrorist mechanics. So, in light of that, it's clearly time to reveal one of the two superpowers with a national spirit related to those mechanics. :D

India

भारत गणराज्य

The history of modern India dates itself from 1947, when India, then known as the British Raj, seized its independence from the war-weary United Kingdom recovering from the devastation of the Second World War. For several decades, despite being governed by a diplomatically well-connected and liberal regime, India remained a devastatingly poor nation wracked by widespread extreme poverty. The nation began to take a different path, however, following the end of the Cold War around the turn of the century. Although the economic and political reforms pushed through by emerging forces in the political scene began to grind away at India's longstanding liberal and democratic traditions, they also delivered strong economic growth and great prosperity to the Indian people. Now, this path of economic prosperity at all costs is beginning to come up against its limits, with the world resource market increasingly strained and even the smallest rise in the standard of living costly when multiplied by India's one and a half billion people. If India seeks to continue its growth, that growth must come at the cost of others; perhaps the same industrialised powers that have so humiliated India and the rest of the "third world" in the past...

India starts with the following national spirits:
Structural Adjustments -- India may construct refineries for §1 less each, or §2 less in territories in which India has the absolute majority of all present armies.
Megacity Slums -- Terrorist armies may be transferred into India even if there are not enough terrorists already present in India to facilitate the transfer.
Last edited by Plzen on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am

The Burning Sun wrote:Liberty's Hegemon - rather than take direct control of occupied territories, the U.S prefers to establish nominally "democratic" local governments. Maximum resource income from minor territories is halved, but resource extraction costs are too.

The problem with this is that the income-calculation mechanics are already quite complex and I really don't want to add to that.

The Burning Sun wrote:Perhaps the first trait could also be tweaked so that armies recruited with it can't move but also don't require upkeep? They would represent the national armies of each puppet democracy. In the end, the ideal U.S playstyle would involve cruising around the minor powers with a large fleet, toppling governments left and right.

I originally considered this, but I ended up making the US national spirits what they are because I also wanted playing the US to feel very much like a house of cards. The US can counterattack extremely quickly and well since it has no strong need to shuttle armies from its homeland around the world, but unless it can predict where it will be attacked, its means of defending itself from an attack before the US can counterattack is also very limited.

I feel like this is a better solution than the US just having cheap armies deployed everywhere.

The Burning Sun wrote:EDIT, didn't realize there was another page: I like your Russia model so far. While the suggested U.S playstyle encourages a massive blitz across the map, your Russia implies a slow but steady crawl forwards, as failing refineries are replaced on the front line in order to buff the troops. Also, might I suggest China as the turtle power? It fits with their strategy of African expansion so far, as well as their history of focusing economy over all.

Hmm... Russia as the "slow and steady" power? Honestly I wrote those national spirits with just "early game rush" in mind, so that didn't occur to me. "Slow and steady" sounds like a fantastic idea, though, so to accommodate that concept and to reflect me changing the "default" combat die from d2 to d4, here's one of Russia's national spirits, revised:

Rodina -- Russian armies add an additional 6-sided die instead of a 4-sided one to attack/defence dice rolls in territories in which Russia holds at least one refinery originally built by itself.

Also, the idea of China as the turtle power... well, no spoilers!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:28 am

I didn't get the time to make any significant additions to my work-in-progress original post, but it's been a couple days so here's another superpower introduction anyways. Here's our "diplomatic" superpower, with a national spirit that might be a great boon... or a great nuisance. In case you haven't noticed, the colours of the titles in these little intro snippets vary. They are the same colours I'll use to represent the superpowers within the RP itself in turn reports and such. So United States blue, Russia grey, India purple, and now yellow.

With this I've introduced four of the six great superpowers of the RP. Two more to go (Red and Green - take a guess?), then a map reveal, posting the full mechanics here to get feedback on that, then the OOC launch, I think, although as mentioned before I don't want to launch the actual OOC thread until the currently running mechanics-based RP starts tapering off.

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome and will definitely be listened to!

and maybe start thinking about which superpower you feel like playing

European Union

Union européenne

The European Union as it exists today dates from the Maastricht Treaty of 2009, the culmination of about six decades of slow economic and political integration between Western and, since the end of the Cold War, Central European countries. Although strong popular movements and foreign interference alike has challenged the integrity of this unprecedented union of independent nations, the European Union was able to achieve some success in holding itself together while steadily pulling itself out of the shadow of NATO and US military support into an independent economic, military, and diplomatic superpower of its own right. In recent decades, however, its dependence on imported energy sources, made worse by the rapid collapse of North Sea oil production in the early 21st Century, proved a crucial weakness. With the rich Arab oil fields under the control of what would eventually develop into a rabidly anti-western alliance and Russian gas imports unreliable and politically unfeasible, the European Union was forced to look outwards with a greedy eye. If the European Union expects to ward off internal separatists and foreign imperialists alike, Clausewitz' legacy must be kept alive.

The European Union starts with the following national spirits:
United Nations Secretariat -- The European Union may suspend one national spirit of a superpower other than itself. Changing which national spirit of which superpower to suspend incurs a one turn delay.
Welfare Dependence -- The number of terrorist armies produced when the European Union fails to meet its social policy obligations is doubled.
Last edited by Plzen on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:41 am

Plzen wrote:I didn't get the time to make any significant additions to my work-in-progress original post, but it's been a couple days so here's another superpower introduction anyways. Here's our "diplomatic" superpower, with a national spirit that might be a great boon... or a great nuisance. In case you haven't noticed, the colours of the titles in these little intro snippets vary. They are the same colours I'll use to represent the superpowers within the RP itself in turn reports and such. So United States blue, Russia grey, India purple, and now yellow.

With this I've introduced four of the six great superpowers of the RP. Two more to go (Red and Green - take a guess?), then a map reveal, posting the full mechanics here to get feedback on that, then the OOC launch, I think, although as mentioned before I don't want to launch the actual OOC thread until the currently running mechanics-based RP starts tapering off.

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome and will definitely be listened to!

and maybe start thinking about which superpower you feel like playing

European Union

Union européenne

The European Union as it exists today dates from the Maastricht Treaty of 2009, the culmination of about six decades of slow economic and political integration between Western and, since the end of the Cold War, Central European countries. Although strong popular movements and foreign interference alike has challenged the integrity of this unprecedented union of independent nations, the European Union was able to achieve some success in holding itself together while steadily pulling itself out of the shadow of NATO and US military support into an independent economic, military, and diplomatic superpower of its own right. In recent decades, however, its dependence on imported energy sources, made worse by the rapid collapse of North Sea oil production in the early 21st Century, proved a crucial weakness. With the rich Arab oil fields under the control of what would eventually develop into a rabidly anti-western alliance and Russian gas imports unreliable and politically unfeasible, the European Union was forced to look outwards with a greedy eye. If the European Union expects to ward off internal separatists and foreign imperialists alike, Clausewitz' legacy must be kept alive.

The European Union starts with the following national spirits:
United Nations Secretariat -- The European Union may suspend one national spirit of a superpower other than itself. Changing which national spirit of which superpower to suspend incurs a one turn delay.
Welfare Dependence -- The number of terrorist armies produced when the European Union fails to meet its social policy obligations is doubled.

Uuuhhhh...that first trait is pretty questionable. It could work, but you'd have to be really careful about making sure no superpower relies too heavily on its traits.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:39 am

The Burning Sun wrote:Uuuhhhh...that first trait is pretty questionable. It could work, but you'd have to be really careful about making sure no superpower relies too heavily on its traits.

If a superpower becomes reliant on the EU's national spirit to keep itself afloat, then the negotiating leverage in that relationship goes to the EU, not the superpower supposedly being "helped." Nobody would want to be in a position where the EU can bully them with the threat of removing their U.N. Secretariat support, and so even EU allies would avoid being too dependent on their support.

At least, that's my idea. If you have a different suggestion for the national spirits of the "diplomatic" superpower, I'm all ears.

Okee. I still need to write up the introductions for the last two superpowers (I did decide on their national spirits already, but the fluff paragraphs aren't finished), but the first draft of the OOC original post, including all the mechanics, is otherwise finished. I've also written up the first few international crises, and they definitely will involve new national spirits/removing national spirits, since that was a requested feature. Everything is, of course, still subject to change, etc., etc...

This below are the mechanics for the roleplay.

I expect the most controversial part of this to be section 2, which basically deals with how to earn money.

Observe that first, income is unpredictable. Refineries do not produce income every turn, and which turns refineries will produce income in is dependent largely on luck. Second, income is inequal. A refinery built on a "6" will produce more often than a refinery built on a "12," since the above number occurs more often on a pair of dice. Third, income has a strongly decreasing ROI. The first refinery in a territory increases that territory's income from zero to 20, but subsequent refineries add barely anything -- most of what they do is spread the income between more players. Finally, old buildings produce less income, so new refineries must over time be built.

These were all intended features, but I think they might not be popular design choices.

As usual, comments, etc., welcome. I'm definitely using this community as a sounding board for my mechanics, so I'd be grateful for any flaws that get pointed out now as opposed to when the RP actually starts.

The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism for Dummies!

a.k.a. "the mechanics"

1. The Ministry of Truth
...our troops will without fail return victorious by Christmas...

Action is taken in simultaneous turns, which each represent the passage of one year's time in-character. All orders must be delivered by telegram to the original poster. Ambiguous orders that have no clear and singular interpretation will be ignored. Players should submit by telegram their orders for the turn no later than 48 hours after the original poster announcing the beginning of the turn. Orders submitted later may not be accepted if the original poster has already begun preparing for the next turn.

The world is divided into regions separated from each other by white lines. 16 of these regions contain significant land, and are referred to as territories. 7 others do not contain significant land, and are referred to as oceans. Of the 16 provinces, six are considered home territories, from which each of the six superpowers are based. The other 10 are referred to as minor power territories. Regions are considered adjacent to each other if they share a common border.

Players each represent one of these six superpowers seeking to dominate the world. A superpower is considered suppressed if it possesses fewer military units in its home territory than every other superpower and terrorists combined. A superpower is victorious if it emerges as the sole superpower that is not suppressed.

tip: allies cannot win together, but winning without temporary allies would be an impossible feat indeed

Two regions, the United States and North Africa, have two coasts. Two territories are considered coastally adjacent to each other if there is a border between the territories runs along a coast. A territory with one coast is considered coastally adjacent to a coast of an adjacent territory with two coasts if the border between the two territories runs along the specified coast. A territory is considered coastally adjacent to an ocean if the territory shares a border with the ocean; if the territory has two coasts, the ocean is only considered coastally adjacent to the coast that faces that ocean.

Occasionally, events or decisions that only affect one superpower may occur. These occur at the discretion of the original poster, and will be used both to facilitate interesting roleplaying and to reward well-written in-character posts.

RANDOM.ORG will be used to generate the results of any necessary dice rolls. There is a considerable element of luck in these roleplay mechanics.

Within these rules, should two statements contradict, the interpretation of the statement describing the more unusual and specific situation will prevail over the more general statement. Results of events, decisions, and international crises may also permanently revise these rules.

2. The Ministry of Plenty
...produced in the last 5-Year Plan 144 million pairs of shoes...

The world economy revolves around the control of vital energy resources, and resources are measured in energy credits (§). Vital energy credits are primarily earned through hydrocarbon extraction from territories, for which refineries must be constructed.

Energy credits and refineries may be freely gifted between superpowers. No other superpower resource may be so traded. Gifts are not revealed to superpowers other than the one giving it and the one receiving it, unless the gift order by the superpower giving it specifically clarifies that it should be revealed.

tip: beware that if you trade with another superpower by gifting to each other, you have no means of cancelling the gift even if the other superpower doesn't keep up their side of the deal

Each territory has an integer extraction number between 2 and 12. The extraction numbers of minor power territories are unknown, except for Central Asia with a known extraction number of seven, and will be revealed to a superpower once that superpower has deployed at least three armies (see section 4 for more on armies) or constructed at least one refinery in that territory.

At the beginning of each turn, three six-sided die are rolled. All refineries built in territories with an extraction number that matches the sum of any pair of die so rolled will produce an income of energy credits for that turn. For example, if the numbers rolled are 2, 4, and 5, then territories with extraction numbers of 6 (2 + 4), 7 (2 + 5), and 9 (4 + 5) will produce energy credits that turn. Double rolls are counted -- for example, if the numbers rolled are 2, 2, and 3, then refineries in the territories with the extraction number of 5 will produce twice. If all three dice are rolled to the same value, one will be re-rolled until it no longer shows the same value.

tip: build refineries in many different territories to reduce uncertainties in energy income

The number of energy credits each refinery produces is dependent on the highest number of refineries there was at any one point in that territory. If there were never more than one refinery in a territory, it will produce §20. If there are or used to be two, §11 each; three, §8; four, §6; five to six, §5; seven to nine, §4; ten and higher, §3. Furthermore, a penalty of -§1 production will be applied per turn of production in excess of three turns, to a minimum of §1 per refinery. If the territory contains more terrorists than refineries and more terrorists than armies (see section 4 for more on terrorists), then all refineries will only produce §1 regardless of any other factor.

tip: building a refinery in a territory where another superpower already has a refinery is a good way to drop that superpower's income

Energy credits may be used to fund social policies, espionage, crisis resolution (all covered in section 3), unit maintenance, military unit recruitment, terrorist incitement (all covered in section 4), and refinery construction (already covered in this section). How much a superpower spends on espionage, terrorist incitement, or crisis resolution is not revealed. How many energy credits a superpower has saved is also not revealed.

Refineries cost §6 to construct, and may be constructed by any superpower in any territory on the map unless that territory contains armies of another superpower but no armies of the constructing superpower. Refineries may be destroyed freely by the superpower owning it. This may be useful to replace old and unproductive refineries with new and more productive refineries without raising the total refinery count.

3. The Ministry of Love
...with a supermajority of 164 members in the National Assembly...

The cost to properly fund social policies is either some percentage of the sum of the total number of refineries and mobile units on the map rounded down. This percentage is 15% for the superpower with the most military units plus refineries (initially the United States), 10% for the second (Russia), 7.5% for the third and fourth ([Red] and the European Union), 5% for the fifth and sixth ([Green] and India), plus 2.5% extra for each terrorist army in the superpower's home territory), or the social policy cost for that superpower in the previous turn, whichever is higher. If it is not fully paid, then one terrorist army appears in the superpower, plus one more per §4 in social policy cost not paid, rounded up (see section 4 for more on terrorists or armies).

tip: social policy costs do not ever decrease -- reconsider climbing up the rankings if you are unsure if you can sustain the costs of the higher rank
tip: recall that energy credit incomes are not fully predictable; consider maintaining a reserve to ensure you can pay for social policies even in turns when none of your refineries produce

Spies may be recruited for §6 each, and may be used for espionage beginning from the turn following their recruitment.

Using a spy for offensive espionage costs §4, and the spy may conduct one of the following espionage missions against one other superpower. If desired, the superpower issuing the offensive espionage order may choose to clarify the order as public, in which case any information revealed will be announced to every superpower.

Target Industrialist: all minor power extraction numbers known to the target will be revealed to the spy; the age, in production turns, of all refineries possessed by the target will be revealed to the spy; he number of energy credits a superpower has saved will be revealed to the spy. All information so revealed will be current as of the end of the turn in which the mission is conducted.

Target Politician: the target's actions for the last 4 turns including the current turn will be revealed to the spy; one randomly-selected order from the target's current turn orders will be interrupted.

Target Diplomat: Any terrorist action and offensive espionage orders or gifts made by the target superpower this turn are ignored, and revealed to the spy; the number of spies owned by the target superpower is revealed to the spy.

Target Union Boss: a mobile military unit or refinery of the target superpower is destroyed (the order must clarify which one is to be destroyed); the target superpower loses §4 or however many energy credits it has saved, whichever is lower.

Support. Support the offensive mission of another spy in the superpower.

A spy may be used defensively in any superpower including the spy-owner for §2. This protects the target superpower from foreign offensive espionage. Conducting defensive espionage in a foreign superpower will be revealed to the superpower protected.

To determine the success of offensive espionage missions, a 6-sided die is rolled. -1 is added for each spy on a defensive espionage mission in that superpower. +1 is added for each spy supporting the offensive mission. On a roll of 3 or higher, the offensive mission succeeds. On a roll of 2 or lower, the offensive mission fails. On a roll of 1 or lower, the target superpower learns what mission was attempted. On a roll of 0 or lower, the target superpower learns by which superpower's spy it was targeted. On a roll of -1 or lower, the spy on the offensive mission (but not the supporting spies) is killed. On a roll of -2 or lower, the mission is such a dramatic spectacle of a failure that every superpower will learn which superpower so horribly botched up the mission (but, other than the target superpower, will not learn who the target was or what mission was attempted).

tip: defensive espionage costs less than offensive espionage; espionage arms races always favour the defender

A spy that is idle costs a base maintenance of §1, and may be disbanded at any time.

Occasionally, an international crisis will involve multiple superpowers and demand the contribution of energy credits to the crisis. How to contribute to an international crisis and what the effects of an international crisis is depends on the specific international crisis, and will be announced alongside the crisis itself. International crises occur at the discretion of the original poster, and will be used to encourage roleplaying.

4. The Ministry of Peace
...an unprovoked renunciation of the Pact of Non-Aggression...

The sole non-mobile military unit is the nuclear weapon. Nuclear weapons are not placed on the map, but are considered to be part of an abstract superpower "stockpile." Nuclear weapons cost §12 to construct, and have no maintenance. The world sees nuclear weapons not as a regular part in a nation's arsenal of war, but as a tool of last resort. As such, nuclear weapons may only be used by superpowers that have foreign armies in that superpower's home territory, and may only be used against territories in which the owner of the offending foreign army has at least one military unit or refinery.

Once used, the used nuclear weapon is destroyed. Every mobile military unit and refinery from every superpower in the territory attacked is destroyed. The targeted territory gains the Nuclear Fallout (-§1 to the output of refineries) modifier. If the territory targeted was a minor power territory, it also gains the Chronic Instability (if the territory does not at the beginning of the turn hold a terrorist army, one is generated) modifier. If the target was a superpower home territory, the superpower gains the Reconstruction (the social policy cost ratio of the superpower is increased by 5%) national spirit.

tip: a large nuclear stockpile is the best deterrence against invasion of your home territory, but seriously reconsider if the high costs are worth it

Two types of mobile military units are identified: armies and navies. Armies may exist in a territory. Navies may exist in territories or oceans. If a navy is in a territory with two coasts, it must also be specified which coast the navy exists in. Armies and navies exist in one of two states: not exhausted ("fresh"), and exhausted.

Armies and navies each cost §6 to recruit, and §1 per turn to maintain. If this maintenance cost is not fully paid, a number of units corresponding to the amount of maintenance not paid must be disbanded. Units are always recruited in the home territory of the constructing superpower. If a navy is being recruited in a territory with two coasts, the recruitment must specify on which coast the navy is being recruited in. An army or navy is not considered to exist in the turn in which it is recruited.

Each army or navy may execute one order each turn. Exhausted units may only execute movement and disband orders. Military orders are announced to every superpower. The list of available orders is as follows:

Disband. A unit is removed from play.

Movement. An army of a superpower may be ordered to move from the home territory of that superpower to an adjacent territory, vice versa, or between two minor power territories that are adjacent to each other and to the home territory of that superpower without convoys. An army may move from any territory to any other territory provided that the appropriate convoys are provided. A navy may move from a territory or ocean to a coastally adjacent territory or ocean. If an exhausted army is unable to complete a movement order due to a lack of convoys, it is disbanded.

Convoy. A navy may assist the movement of an army from one territory to another. For each army moved, one navy must be ordered to convoy in each ocean the army will need to pass through en route to its destination. The army being convoyed must be specified in a convoy order.

Defend. An army or navy holds its current position and will resist hostile attacks on itself. Units that receive no orders will be assumed to be defending.

Defend and support. An army or navy holds its current position and will resist hostile attacks on itself, the units of any other superpower(s), or terrorists. The order must specify which other superpowers are to be supported, and whether terrorists are to be supported.

Hold. If an exhausted unit is unable to move, it will hold.

Attack. An army or navy will attack the defending armies and navies in that territory or ocean. The target of the attack must be specified, and may be a superpower, a set of superpowers, the terrorists, or a set of superpowers and terrorists. All armies or navies of one superpower ordered to attack in any given territory or ocean must have the same target or targets. If multiple superpowers order attacks in the same territory or ocean, they are resolved in random order.

tip: if you have the dominant military position in a region, consider attacking multiple enemies at once to speed up your consolidation of the region

In an attack, a four-sided die is rolled for each attacking unit. A four-sided die is rolled for each defending unit targeted. Only defending units of the same type (army or navy) as the attacking units are considered. For the purposes of resolving attacks, navies on different coasts of territories that have two coasts are not considered to be in the same territory. If the attack was made using armies, +1 is added to the defending roll, then one more for each refinery possessed by the defending superpower or superpowers in that territory. The side with the higher total emerges victorious. The losing side exhausts a number of units equivalent to one-third the margin by which it lost, rounded up. If there are multiple defending parties, the losses are distributed randomly. If there are no more non-exhausted defending units left to exhaust, then exhausted units are disbanded in lieu of non-exhausted units being exhausted.

tip: these battle mechanics mean that a heavily outnumbered force cannot even inflict casualties on the enemy; consider finding allies to support and be supported by

Should the defending side find itself with no remaining non-exhausted defending units of the type attacked, all units of the same type of the defending parties in that territory or ocean, even if not defending, are exhausted and their orders interrupted. If the attack was made using armies, half the refineries of the defending parties in the territory, rounded up, is destroyed and the remainder transferred to the attacker. If the attack was made using navies, one randomly-selected refinery from the defending parties in the territory, if there are any, is destroyed. A terrorist army appears in that territory for each refinery so destroyed. Terrorist armies are not exhausted, and are destroyed in situations where they are to be exhausted.

An exhausted unit in its own superpower's home territory may also be ordered to recover, which will remove the exhaustion from the unit. This costs §2 per unit.

Terrorist armies may, in addition to appearing in previously mentioned situations, also be recruited by any superpower in any minor power territory for §3. Energy credits may also be freely donated to terrorists. Superpowers that choose to do either may also issue terrorist incitement orders in that turn. One terrorist incitement order may be issued per every three territories in which there exists at least one terrorist army, rounded up, with a minimum of one. Terrorist incitement orders are to be listed in order of priority. The following orders may be issued to terrorists:

tip: inciting terrorists is an excellent way of meddling in conflicts that are too far from your home territory for you to send regular military units

Raid. All the terrorist armies of one specified territory attack the armies of one specified superpower in that region. Any refineries transferred to terrorists as a result of the battle are converted into more terrorists.

Transfer. Some number of terrorist armies in one specified territory, up to the half number of terrorist armies there are in that territory rounded up, moves to a different territory. In the destination territory and, if the destination and origin territories are not directly adjacent, in each territory in between passed through, there must already be present a number of terrorist armies not lower than the number being transferred.

Sleep. All the terrorist armies in one specified territory will hold and resist any other superpower attempting to incite them.

tip: remember that a high number of terrorist armies affect income of refineries in that territory; terrorists can thus be useful even if they are sleeping

A fixed number of terrorist incitement orders, equal to the number issued by each inciting superpower, is distributed between the inciting superpowers in proportion to their relative contribution to the terrorist cause (a recruited terrorist army is equivalent to §1 in donations), and that number of orders from each superpower is executed. It will not be revealed which superpowers issued which incitement orders.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 am

"Controversial Income Generation"

It's literally just Settlers of Catan style though.

So basically, we're looking at Risk for combat, Settlers of Catan for economy, and Diplomacy for strategy.

It looks good to me, though I worry about the amount of bookkeeping the OP is going to have to do. It might be an issue if it interferes with your ability to process turns every day.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 am

The Burning Sun wrote:It looks good to me, though I worry about the amount of bookkeeping the OP is going to have to do. It might be an issue if it interferes with your ability to process turns every day.

I doubt I can get people to submit orders on time if I insist on a turn a day. I'll probably run a turn every 2~4 days.

I also have lots of free time because I'm a lazy person. The administration is likely to be a hassle, but I'll probably set up a "master game board" on a .txt on my computer and simply telegram people parts of the board they're supposed to see.

And you're right, the dice roll mechanic does indeed resemble Settlers of Catan, doesn't it... huh. I actually adopted that mechanic off a far less popular game, but I suppose it isn't exactly a rare mechanic. Diplomacy was also indeed one of my inspirations, although not a major enough one I that I felt the need to credit it.

The combat is definitely not like RISK, though. Numerical superiority is far more important here than it is in RISK. If 12 armies attack 4 armies in RISK, the odds are that both sides lose about 4 units. With the mechanics I've written up, if 12 units attacks 4 units, the odds are very good that the defending side gets wiped out and the attacking side loses nothing.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am

Plzen wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:It looks good to me, though I worry about the amount of bookkeeping the OP is going to have to do. It might be an issue if it interferes with your ability to process turns every day.

I doubt I can get people to submit orders on time if I insist on a turn a day. I'll probably run a turn every 2~4 days.

I also have lots of free time because I'm a lazy person. The administration is likely to be a hassle, but I'll probably set up a "master game board" on a .txt on my computer and simply telegram people parts of the board they're supposed to see.

And you're right, the dice roll mechanic does indeed resemble Settlers of Catan, doesn't it... huh. I actually adopted that mechanic off a far less popular game, but I suppose it isn't exactly a rare mechanic. Diplomacy was also indeed one of my inspirations, although not a major enough one I that I felt the need to credit it.

The combat is definitely not like RISK, though. Numerical superiority is far more important here than it is in RISK. If 12 armies attack 4 armies in RISK, the odds are that both sides lose about 4 units. With the mechanics I've written up, if 12 units attacks 4 units, the odds are very good that the defending side gets wiped out and the attacking side loses nothing.

If you've got the time to do all this, go for it. Just to get things straight, though - there are only 6 players?
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 am

The Burning Sun wrote:If you've got the time to do all this, go for it. Just to get things straight, though - there are only 6 players?

Six player superpowers, yes.

Whether I will allow multiple players per faction (if I can figure out how that would work) or have players not interested in mechanics-based role playing to take on mechanically irrelevant roles like minor powers, the press, or the United Nations is something I’m still considering.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Hmm, okay. Some mechanic things for you Plzen.

You mention trading refineries - I'm assuming those refineries are tied to the territories they are built in, of course? Or can refineries be constructed "prefab" and then traded?

Additionally - the idea of multiple superpowers constructing refineries in the same territory is mooted. I'm assuming this is only viable in the case of allies, but would it be possible in the case of a hostile square-off, since you mention using refinery construction to reduce a rival's income?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:28 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:You mention trading refineries - I'm assuming those refineries are tied to the territories they are built in, of course? Or can refineries be constructed "prefab" and then traded?

The former - the refineries being gifted are already built and are affixed to the territory they already exist in. Rule clarified as below. Hopefully this is less ambiguous.

"Energy credits and refineries built in a region may be freely gifted between superpowers. Orders to gift refineries must clarify which refinery of which region is being gifted, and will transfer alongside the refinery any income generated by that refinery that turn, if there are any."

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Additionally - the idea of multiple superpowers constructing refineries in the same territory is mooted. I'm assuming this is only viable in the case of allies, but would it be possible in the case of a hostile square-off, since you mention using refinery construction to reduce a rival's income?

Note that the defender gets a +1 modifier plus +1 more per refinery in an army battle. This means that a defender with one refinery gets a +2 modifier to its defensive roll, which is very significant when armies only provide a d4 each.

This means that if two rivals have an equal number of armies in a territory, neither will be particularly eager to attack the other, since combat with even numbers significantly favour the defender. Thus, standoffs where two superpowers, who do not like each other, both have refineries in a territory but are unwilling to seize the other side's refineries is entirely possible, and it's also possible for a third power to join this standoff (at the cost of both existing superpowers) by sending an army in and building their own refinery in that territory.

At least, that was my reasoning. There's only one minor power territory on the map (Mesoamerica) that's obviously within the sphere-of-influence of one and only one superpower (the United States). The other 9 don't fall into any superpower's obvious SOI, and will probably be sites of such standoffs.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Anyways, here's our 5th superpower, and the only one of my set of six that's fictional. I present to you, [Green].

I don't think it's any great mystery who [Red] is, so I'll just post that one as well as soon as I have its intro paragraph written.

Dar al-Islam

دار الإسلام

Born from the fires of the Resource Wars of the 2020s and the 2030s, the exact moment when the loose anti-Saudi coalition between Syria, Iraq, and Iran turned into a proper superpower is unclear, but historians usually cite the 2036 Push to the Sea as the moment when the House of Islam finally left the shadows of Russian support to become a united superpower of its own. The traditionally petroleum-based economies of the region suffered greatly when the oil began to run dry, but this also meant that the world's existing superpowers were no longer particularly interested in using the Middle East as a chessboard for their great game. Drawing upon the extensive militarisation of the region, the legacy of decades of chronic instability, and the last dregs that remained of their half a century of domination in the global energy market, Dar al-Islam pushed against the foreign-backed puppet regimes that dotted the Middle East and North Africa, returning the cradle of civilisation into prominence. But the further they push, the greater the backlash, and the time is rapidly approaching when Dar al-Islam would have to finally confront the many superpowers that watches its growth with concern...

Dar al-Islam starts with the following national spirits:
Al-Qaeda Contacts -- Dar al-Islam may recruit terrorist armies in superpower home territories for §5 each, or §4 if the territory already contains at least one terrorist army.
International Sanctions -- Any contribution Dar al-Islam makes towards international crises resolution is only 1/2 as effective.

Dar al-Islam begins with two refineries in its home territory, one nuclear weapon, and §16 in starting funds.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am

Plzen wrote:Anyways, here's our 5th superpower, and the only one of my set of six that's fictional. I present to you, [Green].

I don't think it's any great mystery who [Red] is, so I'll just post that one as well as soon as I have its intro paragraph written.

Dar al-Islam

دار الإسلام

Born from the fires of the Resource Wars of the 2020s and the 2030s, the exact moment when the loose anti-Saudi coalition between Syria, Iraq, and Iran turned into a proper superpower is unclear, but historians usually cite the 2036 Push to the Sea as the moment when the House of Islam finally left the shadows of Russian support to become a united superpower of its own. The traditionally petroleum-based economies of the region suffered greatly when the oil began to run dry, but this also meant that the world's existing superpowers were no longer particularly interested in using the Middle East as a chessboard for their great game. Drawing upon the extensive militarisation of the region, the legacy of decades of chronic instability, and the last dregs that remained of their half a century of domination in the global energy market, Dar al-Islam pushed against the foreign-backed puppet regimes that dotted the Middle East and North Africa, returning the cradle of civilisation into prominence. But the further they push, the greater the backlash, and the time is rapidly approaching when Dar al-Islam would have to finally confront the many superpowers that watches its growth with concern...

Dar al-Islam starts with the following national spirits:
Al-Qaeda Contacts -- Dar al-Islam may recruit terrorist armies in superpower home territories for §5 each, or §4 if the territory already contains at least one terrorist army.
International Sanctions -- Any contribution Dar al-Islam makes towards international crises resolution is only 1/2 as effective.

Dar al-Islam begins with two refineries in its home territory, one nuclear weapon, and §16 in starting funds.

Ok, I get why you added this one for diversity...but how the hell does the Middle East end up as one giant superpower? I don't see any way the three poorest (and still large) countries in the region can take on Saudi Arabia and Israel and win. Especially since they're both still presumably allies of the United States, which is still a superpower in this future.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:24 am

The Burning Sun wrote:Ok, I get why you added this one for diversity...but how the hell does the Middle East end up as one giant superpower? I don't see any way the three poorest (and still large) countries in the region can take on Saudi Arabia and Israel and win. Especially since they're both still presumably allies of the United States, which is still a superpower in this future.

If you remember from the US fluff paragraph, this whole half-century has not gone well for the United States and her allies. The United States either voluntarily withdrew (through isolationist foreign policy) or was pushed by its rivals out of many countries that are currently considered to be in the US sphere of influence. Dar al-Islam is one of those fragments that the receding wave of US influence coughed up. At least, that's my lore.

Superpower no. 6, [Red].

China

中华人民共和国

After its reunification in 1948, in the aftermath of the Chinese Civil War and the shadow of the Second Sino-Japanese War, the world's most populous nation, for China was such in those times, remained in abject poverty. China's rise to superpower status began with Deng Xiao-ping's liberalisation policies, which in just a few decades transformed China from an agrarian low-income country to a developed post-industrial one. The slowly growing isolationism of the United States and its withdrawal from world affairs in the late 2010s and the 2020s created a great power void in Asia, which China, with its new wealth and the military and diplomatic leverage that affords, grew to fill. Its high dependence on imported petroleum, however, proved a crucial weakness as the conventional oil fields around the world began to run dry. With necessity forcing it to take the front stage in world markets and diplomatic forums at the exact moment when the superpowers of the west were coming out of their isolationist hibernation to do the same, China faces a difficult road ahead. To save a billion people from being thrown back to poverty, China needs to act further than ever more decisively than ever, whether it is ready to do so or not...

China starts with the following national spirits:
Export Economy -- China earns §1 per refinery built in a foreign superpower home territory, each turn refineries in home territories generate revenue.
Brown Water Navy -- Chinese navies in oceans cost §2 instead of §1 to maintain.

China begins with two refineries in its home territory, two nuclear weapons, and §24 in starting funds.
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 am

Sorry for the long wait (it has been two weeks!), but as I've said before I didn't want to launch while the currently running mechanics-based RP was in its early stages.

Now that that one seems to be over its early rush and has gotten onto a more stable pace, it's time for me to launch!

Welcome to an Apocalyptic Nightmare.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 pm

the skies — ours
the oceans — theirs
the continents — battlefields

Storm

a post-apocalyptic mechanics RP
coming near you soon

(title provisional)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:23 am

This has been going on for awhile, But I'll post it here anyway:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=466368

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

Guy's

I think of doing a WWI eara game but can not decide weather to go with original nations or let user create there own nations or i create even nations
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:39 am

Pac Kindom wrote:Guy's

I think of doing a WWI eara game but can not decide weather to go with original nations or let user create there own nations or i create even nations

I'd say original nationalities but with alternate history/political systems written by players.

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 am

GO two

I still working on warfare and movement

Starting

By default, all civilizations start with - 2 Population, 5 Wealth, 10 Food, 1 City and 2 Tier 1 Building

Trait - What your civilization excels. You can select one or suggest one yourself.
Scientists - +1 Science Point
Industrialist - +1 Build Point
Merchants - +1 Wealth
Militarist - +1 Weapon Point

The World is divided into Territories. You can select one from below or suggest one yourself.

Each Territory is one of and has the following amount of resources –

Coastlines 1 Wood, 1 Horse, 1 Stone, 1 Iron, 0 Gunpowder, 1 Steel, 1 Oil, 1 Rubber, 1 Aluminium
Forests 2 Wood, 0 Horse, 1 Stone, 0 Iron, 2 Gunpowder, 1 Steel, 0 Oil, 2 Rubber, 0 Aluminium
Hills 1 Wood, 0 Horse, 2 Stone, 2 Iron, 0 Gunpowder, 1 Steel, 0 Oil, 0 Rubber, 2 Aluminium
Grasslands 1 Wood, 2 Horse, 0 Stone, 1 Iron, 1 Gunpowder, 0 Steel, 1 Oil, 2 Rubber, 0 Aluminium
Deserts 0 Wood, 0 Horse, 1 Stone, 1 Iron, 1 Gunpowder, 1 Steel, 2 Oil, 1 Rubber, 1 Aluminium

Time

Time will always flow at the rate of one IC post to one day. Posts should contain both In-character stories and gameplay information.

Resources

Population

One unit of population are citizens that live in one of your cities. You decide when your population increases, you may add 2 population turn.
The population you can have is limited by the amount of food you can grow.

Population - Consumes 1 Food every turn

Resources

Resources are need to build buildings or units.
Wood, Horses, Stone, Iron, Gunpowder, Steel, Oil, Rubber, Aluminium

Build Points
Build Points (BP) is made by Industry Buildings and is used to build new Building or Special Projects.

Science Points
Science Points (SP) is made by Research Buildings and is used to research techs or Special Projects. .

Weapon Points
Weapon Points (WP) is made by Weapon Buildings and is used to build Units

Wealth
Wealth is made by Commercial Buildings and is used for Special Projects or New Cites.

City

Only One City can be built in each Territory,
Every city comes with 8 Build Spaces.

You’re Capital City comes with a Grate Wonder Build Space all other come with a Civilisation Unique Build Space.
Each new City costs 10 Wealth and 5 Build Points.

Only Coastlines Can Build Naval Bulding

Agricultural - 1 Build Space -
Croft - 2 BP, - For each pop employ (Max 4) produce 2 food per turn.
Farm - 4 BP, 1 Wood, Agriculture - For each pop employ (Max 3) produce 3 food per turn, replace Croft
Plantation - 8 BP, 2 Wood, Chemistry - For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 5 food per turn, replace Farm.
Hydrodome - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Biology - For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 6 food per turn, replace Plantation
Biodome - 16 BP 2 Steel, Ecology - For each pop employ (Max 3) produce 6 food per turn, replace Hydrodome.

Industrial - 1 Build Space -
Forge - 2 BP, 1 Wood - Employs 1 pop to produce 1 BP.
Workshop - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Physics - Employs 1 pop to produce 2 BP, replace Forge.
Factory - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Industrialization - Employs 1 pop to produce 4 BP, replace Workshop.
Manufactory - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Combustion - Employs 1 pop to produce 6 BP, replace Factory.
Nanofactory - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Scientific Theory - Employs 1 pop to produce 8 BP, replace Manufactory.

Scientific - 1 Build Space -
Shrine - 2 BP, 1 Wood - Employs 1 pop to produce 1 SP.
Library - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Civil Service - Employs 1 pop to produce 2 SP, replace Shrine.
School - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Education - Employs 1 pop to produce 4 SP, replace Library.
University - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Radio - Employs 1 pop to produce 6 SP, replace School.
Laboratory - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Scientific Theory - Employs 1 pop to produce 8 SP, replace University.

Warfare - 1 Build Space -
Foundry - 2 BP, 1 Wood - Employs 1 pop to produce 1 WP.
Armoury - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Machinery - Employs 1 pop to produce 2 WP, replace Foundry.
Arsenal - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Gunpowder - Employs 1 pop to produce 4 WP, replace Armoury.
Magazine - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Dynamite - Employs 1 pop to produce 6 WP, replace Arsenal.
Military Academy - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Combined Arms - Employs 1 pop to produce 8 WP, replace Magazine.

Commercial - 1 Build Space -
Trading Post - 2 BP, 1 Wood - For each pop eemploy (Max 2) produce 1 Wealth per turn.
Market - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Civil Service - For each pop eemploy (Max 2) produce 2 Wealth per turn, replace Trading Post.
Bazaar - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Education - For each pop eemploy (Max 3) produce 2 Wealth per turn, replace Market.
Mall - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Economics - For each pop eemploy (Max 2) produce 3 Wealth per turn, replace Bazaar.
Precinct - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Electronics - For each pop eemploy (Max 1) produce 6 Wealth per turn, replace Mall.

Cultural - 1 Build Space –
Monument - 2 BP, 1 Wood, 1 Wealth – Raise culture level by 1
Temple - 4 BP, 1 Stone, 2 Wealth, Masonry - Raise culture level by 2 replace Monument.
Church - 8 BP, 2 Stone, 3 Wealth, Printing Press - Raise culture level by 4 replace Temple.
Cathedral - 12 BP, 1 Steel, 4 Wealth, Economics - Raise culture level by 6 replace Church.
Broadcast Tower - 16 BP, 2 Steel, 5 Wealth, Mass Media - Raise culture level by 8 replace Cathedral.

Happy - 1 Build Space –
Amphitheatre - 2 BP, 1 Wood, 1 Wealth – Raise happiness level by 1
Colosseum - 4 BP, 1 Stone, 2 Wealth, Construction - Raise happiness level by 2 replace Amphitheatre.
Theatre - 8 BP, 2 Stone, 3 Wealth, Printing Press - Raise happiness level by 4 replace Colosseum.
Cinema - 12 BP, 1 Steel, 4 Wealth, Radio - Raise happiness level by 6 replace Theatre.
Stadium - 16 BP, 2 Steel, 5 Wealth, Mass Media - Raise happiness level by 8 replace Cinema.

Military - 1 Build Space –
Military Camp - 2 BP, – Allows 4 Land units.
Barracks - 4 BP, 1 Stone Construction - Allows 6 Land units, replace Military Camp.
Garrison - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Military Science - Allows 8 Land units, replace Barracks.
Battalion - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Ballistics - Allows 10 Land units, replace Garrison.
Military Base - 16 BP 2 Steel, Replaceable Parts - Allows 12 Land units, replace Battalion.

Naval - 1 Build Space –
Mooring - 2 BP, – Allows 1 Naval units.
Dock - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Navigation - Allows 2 Naval units, replace Mooring.
Harbor - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Steam Power - Allows 3 Naval units, replace Dock.
Marina - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Telegraph - Allows 4 Naval units, replace Harbor.
Port - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Computers - Allows 6 Naval units, replace Marina.

Aviation - 1 Build Space –

Airfield - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Flight - Allows 4 Aviation units.
Airport - 16 BP, 1 Steel, Radar - Allows 8 Aviation units, replace Airfield.

Defense - 1 Build Space –

Walls - 2 BP, 1 Stone – Has 5 HP and adds 2 HP to units within the city.
Castle - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Chivalry – Has 10 HP and adds 2 HP to units within the city, replace Walls.
Fortress - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Engineering – Has 15 HP and adds 4 HP to units within the city, replace Castle.
Bastion - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Rifling – Has 20 HP and adds 6 HP to units within the city, replace Fortress.
Citadel - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Fission – Has 25 HP and adds 6 HP to units within the city, replace Bastion.

Resource - 1 Build Space -

Gather Camp - 2 BP, – For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 1 Wood, Horses per turn.
Quarry - 4 BP, 1 Stone, Mining - For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 1 Stone, Iron, Wood, Horses per turn, replace Gather Camp.
Mine - 8 BP, 2 Stone, Engineering - For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 1 Stone, Iron, Gunpowder, Steel per turn, replace Quarry.
Refinery - 12 BP, 1 Steel, Biology - For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 1 Gunpowder, Steel, Oil, Rubber per turn, replace Mine.
Recycling Plant - 16 BP, 2 Steel, Ecology - For each pop employ (Max 2) produce 1 Gunpowder, Steel, Oil, Rubber, Aluminium per turn replace Refinery.

Units

Melee

Only melee units can take a City
Spearman - 2 WP, - Attack 1 HP 2
Pikeman - 4 WP, Iron, Civil Service - Attack 2 HP 4
Musketman - 8 WP, Gunpowder, Gunpowder - Attack 4 HP 6
Rifleman - 12 WP, Gunpowder, Rifling - Attack 6 HP 8
Infantry - 16 WP, Gunpowder, Replaceable Parts - Attack 8 HP 10
Mec infantry - 20 WP, Aluminium, Industrialism - Attack 10 HP 12

Ranged

Only Ranged units can fire from a City and can kill units defending a city

Archer - 2 WP, - Attack 1 HP 2
Crossbowman - 4 WP, Iron, Machinery - Attack 2 HP 2
Gatling gun - 8 WP, Gunpowder,Military Science - Attack 4 HP 4
Machine gun - 12 WP, Gunpowder, Ballistics - Attack 6 HP 6
Bazooka - 16 WP, Gunpowder, Fission - Attack 8 HP 8
Rocket Launcher - 20 WP, Aluminium, Advanced ballistics - Attack 10 HP 8

Mounted
Unit Killers

Horseman - 2 WP Horse - Attack 2 HP 2
Knight - 4 WP, Horse, Chivalry - Attack 4 HP 4
Cavalry - 8 WP, Horse, Military Science - Attack 6 HP 6
Landship - 12 WP, Oil, Combustion - Attack 8 HP 8
Tank - 16 WP, Oil, Combined Arms - Attack 10 HP 10
Modern Armor - 20 WP, Rubber, Lasers - Attack 12 HP 12

Naval

Caravel - 2 WP Wood - Attack 1 HP 3
Frigate - 4 WP Wood, Navigation - Attack 2 HP 3
Ironclad - 8 WP, Iron, Steam Power - Attack 4 HP 6 Can attack land biased units
Destroyer - 12 WP, Oil, Telegraph - Attack 6 HP 6 Can attack land biased units
Battleship - 16 WP, Oil, Computers - Attack 8 HP 10 Can attack city defenses
Missile cruiser - 20 WP, Rubber, Rocketry - Attack 10 HP 8 Can attack Units within a city

Aviation

Bye Plane - 8 WP, Oil, Flight - Attack 4 HP 4 Can attack non-Armoured units
Fighter - 12 WP, Oil, Radar - Attack 6 HP 6 Can attack non-Armoured units
Bomber - 12 WP, Oil, Radar - Attack 6 HP 6 Can only attack city defenses
Jet fighter - 16 WP, Aluminium, Lasers - Attack 8 HP 8 Aviation Unit Killers
Stealth Bomber - 16 WP, Aluminium, Advanced ballistics - Attack 8 HP 8 Can only attack city based units - defenses

Siege

Can only attack city based units and defenses

Catapult - 2 WP, Wood - Attack 2 HP 1
Trebuchet - 4 WP, Wood, Physics - Attack 4 HP 2
Cannon - 8 WP, Iron, Chemistry - Attack 6 HP 4
Field Gun - 12 WP, Rubber, Dynamite - Attack 8 HP 6
Artillery - 16 WP, Rubber, Electronics - Attack 10 HP 8
Rocket Artillery - 20 WP, Aluminium, Rocketry - Attack 12 HP 8

Research

Tier 1 – 2 SP –
Agriculture - Allows Farm to be built.
Chivalry - Allows Castle and Knight to be built.
Civil Service - Allows building of a Library, Market and Pikeman to be built.
Construction - Allows Colosseum and Barracks to be built.
Machinery - Allows Armoury and Crossbowman to be built.
Masonry - Allows Temple to be built and extracting Stone.
Mining - Allows Quarry to be built and extracting Iron.
Navigation - Allows Dock and Frigate to be built.
Physics - Allows Workshop and Trebuchet to be built.
Mysticism - - Allows you to establish a religion and choose what benefits and penalties it gives.

Tier 2 – 4 SP –
Chemistry - Physics, Agriculture - Allows Plantation and Cannon to be built.
Education - Civil Service - Allows School and Bazaar to be built.
Engineering - Mining, Chivalry - Allows Mine, Fortress to be built.
Gunpowder - Civil Service, Machinery - Allows Arsenal and Musketman to be built.
Industrialization - Machinery, Physics - Allows Factory and Gatling Gun to be built.
Interaction - Physics, Mining - Allows extracting Gunpowder and Steel
Military Science - Chivalry, Construction - Allows Garrison and Cavalry to be built.
Printing Press - Construction, Masonry - Allows Church and Theatre to be built.
Steam Power - Navigation - Allows Harbour and Ironclad to be built.

Tier 3 – 8 SP –

Ballistics - Industrialization, Military Science - Allows Battalion and Machine Gun to be built.
Biology - Chemistry, Engineering - Allows Hydrodome and Refinery to be built.
Combustion - Military Science, Industrialization - Allows Manufactory and Landship to be built.
Dynamite - Chemistry, Gunpowder - Allows Magazine and Field gun to be built.
Economics - Education, Printing Press - Allows Mall and Cathedral to be built.
Flight - Education, Engineering - Allows Airfield and Bye Plane to be built.
Radio - Printing Press, Education - Allows Cinema and University to be built.
Refining - Interaction - Allows extracting Oil and Rubber to be built.
Rifling - Gunpowder, Engineering - Allows Bastion and Rifleman to be built.
Telegraph - Steam Power - Allows Marina and Destroyer to be built.

Tier 4 – 12 SP –

Combined Arms - Combustion, Dynamite - Allows Academy and Tank to be built.
Computers - Telegraph - Allows Port and Battleship to be built.
Ecology - Biology - Allows Biodome and Recycling Plant to be built.
Electronics - Dynamite, Economics - Allows Precinct and Artillery to be built.
Fission - Ballistics, Rifling - Allows Citadel and Bazooka to be built.
Mass Media - Economics, Radio - Allows Broadcast tower and Stadium to be built.
Radar - Flight - Allows Airport, Fighter and Bomber to be built.
Replaceable Parts - Rifling, Ballistics - Allows Military Base and Infantry to be built.
Scientific theory - Radio, Combustion - Allows Nanofactory and Laboratory to be built.

Tier 5 – 16 SP –

Advanced ballistics - Combined Arms, Radar - Allows Rocket Launcher and Stealth bomber to be built.
Industrialism - Replaceable Parts, Refining - Allows Mechanized infantry to be built and extracting Aluminium
Lasers - Radar, Fission - Allows Modern Armor and Jet Fighter to be built.
Rocketry - Electronics, Computers - Allows Rocket artillery and Missile Cruiser to be built.

Happiness

Happiness is calculated for a Civilization, not individual City, here is how:

All Civilization start out with 0 Happiness.
Every 5 units of population reduces happiness by 1
This is worked out every turn, but happiness does not accumulate over time.

Rioting -9

Rioting all maned building stop working, one population dies per turn.

Depressed -8 to -3

Scientists -2 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist -2 Build Point per turn.
Merchants -2 Wealth per turn.
Militarist -2 Weapon Point per turn.

Content -2 to +2
No effects.

Happy + 3 to +8

Scientists +1 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist +1 Build Point per turn.
Merchants +1 Wealth per turn.
Militarist +1 Weapon Point per turn..

Ecstatic + 3 to +15

Scientists +2 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist +2 Build Point per turn.
Merchants +2 Wealth per turn.
Militarist +2 Weapon Point per turn..

Euphoric +15

Scientists +3 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist +3 Build Point per turn.
Merchants +3 Wealth per turn.
Militarist +3 Weapon Point per turn..

Culture

Culture is calculated for a Civilization, not individual City, here is how:

All Civilization start out with 0 Culture.
Some Building approve Culture (e.g. Monument raise Culture level by 1)
This is worked out every turn, but Culture does not accumulate over time.

Basic 0 to +2
No effects.

Polished + 3 to +8

Scientists +1 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist +1 Build Point per turn.
Merchants +1 Wealth per turn.
Militarist +1 Weapon Point per turn..

Sophisticated + 3 to +15

Scientists +2 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist +2 Build Point per turn.
Merchants +2 Wealth per turn.
Militarist +2 Weapon Point per turn..

Cultured +15
Scientists +3 Science Point per turn.
Industrialist +3 Build Point per turn.
Merchants +3 Wealth per turn.
Militarist +3 Weapon Point per turn.

The map what realy need help with.

I understand above may be no good, but i though i have a go.[/quote]
Last edited by Pac Kindom on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse