NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/IC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:42 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Siona listened as Stanislav spoke, thinking over what he said. She wondered if his words held true, that Lesser Vampires were born for violence and destruction. It was a possibility, sure, but not one she subscribed to herself. Lady Grimm and Slavena did not seem violent or even focused on it, though Siona figured that may just be due to cultural practices. After all, in Rosha culture, things were passed down to eldest children, not by sons, and it had led to a culture that was more egalitarian towards gender than many non wanderers. But even still, Stanislav still seemed to her like he was not the violent type. Rather, he seemed the type who understood violence as a tool, but who did not fit into the mold of a soldier or knight very well. Siona hoped that those words were not the truth. It would be to sad to see an entire race as little more than killing machines, rather than thinking and feeling people like all others.

She ate quietly as the table talked, thinking over her own duels in the past. She had dueled her own father before, and it had and still did feel like a duel of honor. To Siona, there was no such thing as a duel that wasnt about honor, even if you tried to phrase it otherwise. And a fight for a ladies hand, that certainly was a duel of honor. The more time she spent near Morr Grimm, the more Siona thought about her opinion on him. She respected him, but he was not quiet about his opinions, and she could see that they were very different people in many ways. He was far colder than she was, and he seemed world weary despite his tough exterior.

"I would be happy to hear stories," she said, biting back her desire to challenge Morr Grimm on some of his thoughts. It would do well to start a fight with him, just after she had earned his trust and possibly friendship. "And I would be happy to share some of my own."

Rithi perked up at that, enough so to distract her from her awkward attempts to gain Stanislavs attention. She knew some of Siona's exploits though stories she had heard, but more often than not they were the kinds heard from a cousins wife's sister, and many times they didn't even know Siona's name. She was just some wandering mage who sounded Rosha, or called some generic nickname. Now, to hear those tales from the source, was a treat unlike any other. She just hoped the stories were as exciting or more coming from the person who had experienced them firsthand.

DInner was slowly being concluded with Morr Grimm excusing himself to return to his study to focus on the bureaucratic responsibilities of Gallowkeep. Being a fortress that bears a huge population and industry, tariffs and taxation would require a fist as strong as Grimm in order to ensure that corruption is never reaches the front gate. That does not include factors such as payment for patrols against bandit raids on the roads. Being the heir to such a burden seem to be heavy on Stanislav but the weight is even heavier when remembering that he would have to manage Stonehollow as well.

After while, it was Lady Catherine's, Stanislav's, Reyanna's turn to leave. Lady Grimm would tuck Reyanna back to bed before helping her husband fill out the papers. Growing sleepy, Stanislav said his good night to Siona and Rithi followed by Reyanna who said good night. This meant Slavena was the last one to accompany the mage and the apprentice.

The daughter of Grimm only widened her grin the closer Siona and Rithi came to finishing their meals. Once they were done, Slavena got up and went around the table to grab Siona by the hand. "Come, let me guide you to your rooms where you can unload your gear." she smiled like a playful cat. "After that, a bath would necessary to wipe the stink off your body."
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:
Siona listened as Stanislav spoke, thinking over what he said. She wondered if his words held true, that Lesser Vampires were born for violence and destruction. It was a possibility, sure, but not one she subscribed to herself. Lady Grimm and Slavena did not seem violent or even focused on it, though Siona figured that may just be due to cultural practices. After all, in Rosha culture, things were passed down to eldest children, not by sons, and it had led to a culture that was more egalitarian towards gender than many non wanderers. But even still, Stanislav still seemed to her like he was not the violent type. Rather, he seemed the type who understood violence as a tool, but who did not fit into the mold of a soldier or knight very well. Siona hoped that those words were not the truth. It would be to sad to see an entire race as little more than killing machines, rather than thinking and feeling people like all others.

She ate quietly as the table talked, thinking over her own duels in the past. She had dueled her own father before, and it had and still did feel like a duel of honor. To Siona, there was no such thing as a duel that wasnt about honor, even if you tried to phrase it otherwise. And a fight for a ladies hand, that certainly was a duel of honor. The more time she spent near Morr Grimm, the more Siona thought about her opinion on him. She respected him, but he was not quiet about his opinions, and she could see that they were very different people in many ways. He was far colder than she was, and he seemed world weary despite his tough exterior.

"I would be happy to hear stories," she said, biting back her desire to challenge Morr Grimm on some of his thoughts. It would do well to start a fight with him, just after she had earned his trust and possibly friendship. "And I would be happy to share some of my own."

Rithi perked up at that, enough so to distract her from her awkward attempts to gain Stanislavs attention. She knew some of Siona's exploits though stories she had heard, but more often than not they were the kinds heard from a cousins wife's sister, and many times they didn't even know Siona's name. She was just some wandering mage who sounded Rosha, or called some generic nickname. Now, to hear those tales from the source, was a treat unlike any other. She just hoped the stories were as exciting or more coming from the person who had experienced them firsthand.

DInner was slowly being concluded with Morr Grimm excusing himself to return to his study to focus on the bureaucratic responsibilities of Gallowkeep. Being a fortress that bears a huge population and industry, tariffs and taxation would require a fist as strong as Grimm in order to ensure that corruption is never reaches the front gate. That does not include factors such as payment for patrols against bandit raids on the roads. Being the heir to such a burden seem to be heavy on Stanislav but the weight is even heavier when remembering that he would have to manage Stonehollow as well.

After while, it was Lady Catherine's, Stanislav's, Reyanna's turn to leave. Lady Grimm would tuck Reyanna back to bed before helping her husband fill out the papers. Growing sleepy, Stanislav said his good night to Siona and Rithi followed by Reyanna who said good night. This meant Slavena was the last one to accompany the mage and the apprentice.

The daughter of Grimm only widened her grin the closer Siona and Rithi came to finishing their meals. Once they were done, Slavena got up and went around the table to grab Siona by the hand. "Come, let me guide you to your rooms where you can unload your gear." she smiled like a playful cat. "After that, a bath would necessary to wipe the stink off your body."

Siona stood quickly when Slavena took her hand, scared that the other girl would drag her from her chair if she wasn't careful. Instead however, Slavena was fairly gentle, though still assertive in her actions, and Siona found herself feeling a little shy at the contact between the two. And she sure hoped she didn't smell to bad, it was all to easy to go nose blind when wandering the road. Still, a bath did sound nice. She quickly grabbed for her sword and bag as Slavena guided her away with a sly grin, and she gripped them close to her chest to try and compensate for the lack of a second hand to hold them.

"Hey," said Rithi, picking her dagger up from off of the table and swinging her pack over her shoulder, "I don't smell that bad." She huffed as she did a quick little jog to catch up to Siona and Slavena. She was tired, and got the distinct impression that Slavena was trying to get Siona alone, but she was determined to hear tales of adventure and heroism. She could take possible dirty looks from Slavena so long as she got to hear about knights duels, evil spirits and brave heroes of Ravyrnyra and the wandering Rosha.

"You smell kind of bad," said Siona, looking over her shoulder and giggling some at that. Once she had stood, it has become quickly apparent to Siona that she had had a little to much wine. She felt giggly and giddy, and her face was hot. Still, she had enough self awareness to recognize that she was probably not much better than Rithi, and so she threw her young apprentice a bone. "I'm sure I don't smell much better though. We could both probably do with a bath."

Rithi breathed out through her nose at that, but followed along dilligently. Siona made it a point to only look forwards as they walked, working her bag over her shoulder and carrying her sword loose and comfortable in her free hand. Some servants watched as the strange trio made their way by, and Siona gave them polite nods and smiles, while Rithi studied everything around her like the stone held the secrets of the universe. Finally, Siona broke the silence and turned to Slavena. "You know, I think I might have had just a bit too much wine," she said, addressing it as an attempted to break the ice. "I'm so used to drinking tavern ale, I wasn't quite expecting Stonehallow wine to be as strong as it was." She smiled at that, a charming grin that she rarely used.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
After while, it was Lady Catherine's, Stanislav's, Reyanna's turn to leave. Lady Grimm would tuck Reyanna back to bed before helping her husband fill out the papers. Growing sleepy, Stanislav said his good night to Siona and Rithi followed by Reyanna who said good night. This meant Slavena was the

Siona stood quickly when Slavena took her hand, scared that the other girl would drag her from her chair if she wasn't careful. Instead however, Slavena was fairly gentle, though still assertive in her actions, and Siona found herself feeling a little shy at the contact between the two. And she sure hoped she didn't smell to bad, it was all to easy to go nose blind when wandering the road. Still, a bath did sound nice. She quickly grabbed for her sword and bag as Slavena guided her away with a sly grin, and she gripped them close to her chest to try and compensate for the lack of a second hand to hold them.

"Hey," said Rithi, picking her dagger up from off of the table and swinging her pack over her shoulder, "I don't smell that bad." She huffed as she did a quick little jog to catch up to Siona and Slavena. She was tired, and got the distinct impression that Slavena was trying to get Siona alone, but she was determined to hear tales of adventure and heroism. She could take possible dirty looks from Slavena so long as she got to hear about knights duels, evil spirits and brave heroes of Ravyrnyra and the wandering Rosha.

"You smell kind of bad," said Siona, looking over her shoulder and giggling some at that. Once she had stood, it has become quickly apparent to Siona that she had had a little to much wine. She felt giggly and giddy, and her face was hot. Still, she had enough self awareness to recognize that she was probably not much better than Rithi, and so she threw her young apprentice a bone. "I'm sure I don't smell much better though. We could both probably do with a bath."

Rithi breathed out through her nose at that, but followed along dilligently. Siona made it a point to only look forwards as they walked, working her bag over her shoulder and carrying her sword loose and comfortable in her free hand. Some servants watched as the strange trio made their way by, and Siona gave them polite nods and smiles, while Rithi studied everything around her like the stone held the secrets of the universe. Finally, Siona broke the silence and turned to Slavena. "You know, I think I might have had just a bit too much wine," she said, addressing it as an attempted to break the ice. "I'm so used to drinking tavern ale, I wasn't quite expecting Stonehallow wine to be as strong as it was." She smiled at that, a charming grin that she rarely used.

Slavena licked her lips while Siona spoke as if she was relishing the sweet taste of her words. She didn't respond but instead giggled along the way. After making a few left and right turns, the group went deeper into the home of the Grimm family. Sometimes the was had paintings of landscape or more family portraits but often than not the walls were utterly barren save for the candles and torches for light.

"Here we are!" Slavena announced triumphantly barely containing the excitement in her voice, "This where you will be staying for the night."
SHe waved her arm to a room that had a big so large that it could fit a king and queen on it. "Hope you don't mind sharing the bed with each other." Slavena smiled in glee.

Besides the bed, there was a wooden table, drawer, and a chair where SIona and Rithi could unload their belongings. Morr's daughter simply waited outside while the pair put away their bags inside the room. "If you think Father's wine was unexpected, you should see the room where we bath." Slavena called out from the doorway.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Ɲiçiŧe Ɲakēt-Xhāçiŧ
Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h,
The Endless Forests

The sun rose on a newly victorious tribe. The army of lizardfolk entered in through the gates, leading to the Forest Tribe's main village. Nichithe stood up against a pillar, arms folded, with Xhasise standing beside him. The many Srasain who now were veterans of a single battle did not show any horror or fear on their faces. Only the elation of a victory won. Many still chatted about various actions - some about scaling the walls and killing guardsmen, others about burning houses, one even proud of taking the first casualty of the battle - a child, one who would have given away their position. Nichithe smiled at the troops' elation, and as his Şīçīŧīťɛ guard marched into the camp, keeping formation and impeccable training, a still-smiling Chixeheca sauntered behind them, bringing up the rear of the army, just in front of the few carts of dead lizardfolk. Nichithe stood from the pillar, arms outstretched. Chixeheca noticed him and placed him into an embrace.

"It is good to see that you have made it," Nichithe spoke warmly. He removed himself from her embrace for one moment, looking with concern at his general and the carts of Srasain, "How many did we lose?"

Chixeheca shrugged, "Two hundred," she thrust her spear into the dirt. Nichithe nodded, and spoke again.

"How many did they lose?"

Chixeheca gave a wide grin, "Not one survived."

Nichithe smiled back, "And how did the army fair?"

Chixeheca sat upon a stump, removing her light armour, "Each soldier could have fought with the strength of three. And yes, Chief, you were right. The thrill of battle became a great motivator," she looked over the army returning to their homes, with very few families receiving bad news, "I have no doubt that our army should continue to fight well. Additionally, it may convince others to join the cause."

Nichithe gazed over the army himself, "That is good. It is time that we continue with our plan."

Nichithe strode towards his hut. Behind him trailed his commander and orator. Xhasise looked over his military counterpart, and let out a short hiss. "You still have some blood on you. Human, I take it?"

Chixeheca looked down at her chest, on which some blood still remained. She let out her tongue, and licked it. She nodded, "Yes, I suppose it is. I quite like it."

Nichithe tried hard not to let out a laugh as he entered his Çīhasşaikīh. He had kept one figure in the Çīhasşaikīh ever since he had sent Chixeheca out to attack Lemongrove, that being the tribe's mage. While mages performed feats of magic in most regions of Terra, within the Srasain tribes, the mages were responsible for the upkeep of a tribal network of communication. This network was run from an unknown location, but each mage had a connection to this network, and that network had mages which connected to every tribe that was known to exist. Some tribes "went black", choosing to separate themselves from the network in order to become independent from the Srasain as much as they tried to be independent from the Empire. However, most understood the necessity of being connected. In fact, so Xhasise had once reported to him, when Nichithe's tribe came under attack from the human skin-hunters, the network had become a flurry of activity and business, simply with aghast responses to the human aggression. But regardless, Nichithe was sure this would bring far more activity to the network.

"My chief. They are ready to hear you."

Nichithe nodded towards his mage. He stood straight towards a point of light that the mage had conjured. He lifted his head, and hissed a greeting to the tribes. He began to speak, a dialect that, most likely, all would comprehend.

"My brothers and sisters. Srasain all. I am Nichithe Naket-Xhachith. Some of you may know of me. Some may not. That is of no concern. My decision to message you all is of far more importance than my own ego."

Nichithe ambled around the area in which he stood. He continued, "My orator to chiefs is Xhasise. He is from a tribe that long ago opted to join human society, a name lost to history. Throughout his life in the cities, he was beaten down. Told he was different. Disrespected. Spat upon and oppressed." Xhasise scowled at the memory of many years' hurt, both physical and emotional, which he had sustained during his childhood and early life.

Though he knew none could see him, he moved over to look into Chixeheca's eyes, "My chieftain of war is named Chixeheca. She is from the Treekeeper Tribe, a tribe which wanted nothing to do with humans. They lived separated and apart, hoping to remain unnoticed. In response, slavers and murderers clapped her tribe in chains, killing many, and enslaving the others." Chixeheca nodded slowly at this accurate description. Nichithe returned to gaze at the point of light.

"I was born of the Trading Tribe, one which had seen close contact with humans. We learnt their ways, studied their technologies, and entertained them as our guests..." Briefly, Nichithe could be seen by his companions holding down some form of emotional reaction. He regained his composure, "Save for me and some others, exiled from the tribe as children for our own survival, my tribe is dead. The humans came, their ambition and industry causing them to see us as nothing but resources. My tribe died, and had I remained there, we would have been dead too. The following can be understood by these three stories: The humans don't want us to be separated, they don't want us to learn their ways, and they certainly don't want us to integrate into their societies. What, then, do they want from us?"

He slammed his fist onto a table, "They want us to die, brothers and sisters. Nothing less. Humanity would be happy to see every living Srasain dashed onto the rocks, our skins for their belts," His anger began to cause him to spit as he spoke, "No more! I will not sit idly by as humans overrun our tribes, kill our children, and oppress us in every way! I will not let them have sovereignty over us, while their abuses continue!"

He quickly swallowed. He had become angry. Though he knew that an impassioned speech was, perhaps, somewhat convincing, for now he wanted to remain composed, "And so, friends, brothers and sisters, I come with news. Our tribe, the Forest Tribe, has won a victory over the humans. In a settlement they called 'Lemongrove', my new army staged an attack. Not one single human remained alive after our army attacked. If they will wage war with us, under pretences of assimilation, isolation and transaction, we are not unjustified in doing the same to them. I invite all chiefs, all decent Srasain, who feel aghast at the abuses we suffer, to meet with me in the Forest Tribe, to see the new world we want to create, and any who wish to join me in it may do so. Come to this tribe and see what we have done, and should it please you all, join in with me. We are Srasain. We shall not die quietly."

As he finished, the point of light erupted into a blinding ball of light, one which grew throughout the Çīhasşaikīh, as the voices of many chiefs were projected into the Chief's Hut, all of them shouting and yelling, applauding Nichithe's speech and his actions. It was a response which Nichithe wanted. Soon enough, those chiefs would meet in Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h, would all sit around the Çīhasşaikīh, and would most likely join with Nichithe's ideals of a united Srasain communion, one which would finally bring the humans and their abusive power structures to their knees. As the mage diffused the light, and the yelling died down, Nichithe smiled. His plan was going well. The humans would pay for their abuses of his people.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:
After while, it was Lady Catherine's, Stanislav's, Reyanna's turn to leave. Lady Grimm would tuck Reyanna back to bed before helping her husband fill out the papers. Growing sleepy, Stanislav said his good night to Siona and Rithi followed by Reyanna who said good night. This meant Slavena was the

Slavena licked her lips while Siona spoke as if she was relishing the sweet taste of her words. She didn't respond but instead giggled along the way. After making a few left and right turns, the group went deeper into the home of the Grimm family. Sometimes the was had paintings of landscape or more family portraits but often than not the walls were utterly barren save for the candles and torches for light.

"Here we are!" Slavena announced triumphantly barely containing the excitement in her voice, "This where you will be staying for the night."
SHe waved her arm to a room that had a big so large that it could fit a king and queen on it. "Hope you don't mind sharing the bed with each other." Slavena smiled in glee.

Besides the bed, there was a wooden table, drawer, and a chair where SIona and Rithi could unload their belongings. Morr's daughter simply waited outside while the pair put away their bags inside the room. "If you think Father's wine was unexpected, you should see the room where we bath." Slavena called out from the doorway.

Siona dropped her bag in the room and fell flat down onto the bed. It felt like a cloud, like it was a feather mattress from the gods. After months of sleeping on the ground or lumpy beds in inn's, this was like heaven. Rithi flopped down next to her, her hair making a halo around her head. "This is the most comfortable thing that I have ever been on," she said, and Siona chuckled. It just might be the same for her too she though. Rithi rolled over and dug her dagger out from her belt, and Siona sat back up. She undid her cloak from around her throat, carefully taking the scrolls that lined the inside out and placing them one by one in a line on the bedside table. Rithi watched intently, taking in each scroll and writing mental notes in her mind. Siona placed the cloak over the chair back, before taking off her vest under it and doing the same. As she pulled her boots off, she glanced over at Rithi. "Have you been practicing the meditations like I told you too?" she said.

Rithi glanced around nervously, before saying a sheepish. "No. But, I hasn't been working when I do try."

"It takes patience," said Siona. "If you don't practice it, you wont ever see results."

"Well, how will I know when it works?" said Rithi, taking off her own tattered travel coat and hanging it off of a bed post.

"Believe me," said Siona, "you will know when you've made it too the Pale. It cant be described, but you will know."

"Ok," said Rithi, though she still didn't seem convinced.

"Don't worry about being able to summon immediately," said Siona. "Just concentrate on the essence of cold and hot. Not what both feel like, but on their essence. In time, the Pale will reach out to you and you will have access to these. From there, I can begin to teach you spells."

As Rithi and Siona spoke, teacher and student were interrupted by a call from the hallway. "If you think Father's wine was unexpected, you should see the room where we bathe," said Slavena, her voice carrying through the propped open door.

Siona turned to Rithi at this, but Rithi had splayed herself out on the bed and seemed close to sleep. "Are you coming?" said Siona, nudging Rithi's foot that was hanging off of the bed.

"Ill catch up," she said, "let me just rest my eyes."

Siona watched Rithi a moment, her usual unreadable expression back on her face, despite the flush in her cheeks. Finally, when Rithi hadn't said more, Siona said a simple "sure then, just bathe in the morning if you stay asleep here," and made her way to the door. She ran a hand through her hair before leaving to try and get out any knots from the road, before pushing the door open and kicking it closed behind her with her bare heal. "Im not sure my apprentice will be joining us," said Siona with a sheepish grin. "She seemed about ready to sleep for a week. Anyhow, where is this bath?"
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse