NATION

PASSWORD

[Kerbin Only] Kerbin in Jeopardy

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qusmos
Attaché

Founded: Feb 04, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Qusmos » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Astir, Qusmos
The sun shines above on a paradoxically cold day. Its light illuminates a narrow, somewhat angular grey-blue vessel. The ship looks to be longer than a destroyer, although of similar width. Its bow turns upwards, forming a clipper bow, and a small crowd stands on the pier. Its aft bristles with VLS cells while the port and starboard sides each boast VLS of their own. Partially angular turrets of various calibers run across the centerline. One figure in the crowd, seemingly female, strikes its hull with a bottle, shattering it. The crowd cheers and eventually disbands.
Report on Fulmenir Readiness
Declassified c. Jan. 2019
Hull readiness theoretically acceptable, requisite sea trials incomplete
Propulsion readiness theoretically acceptable, requisite sea trials incomplete
Vertical Launch System readiness theoretically acceptable excepting peripheral launch groups 3-8 which have no precedent of operational functionality, requisite sea trials incomplete
Primary kinetic armament readiness theoretically acceptable across all systems, requisite sea trials incomplete
Point defense armament readiness theoretically acceptable across all systems, requisite sea trials incomplete
CIC readiness operationally proven

A-Classified
Commander Simmons, your directives are listed below.
  • Reach Heruland in a timely manner, not more than 2 weeks, without being detected
  • Avoid detection to the best of your ability
  • Avoid confrontation to the best of your ability
  • Collect electronic intelligence on Herulic systems
  • Collect acoustic intelligence on Herulic submarines
  • Collect signals intelligence on Herulic troop movements and political changes
  • Maintain a presence in the region for several months on end, awaiting relief from Lakeford
We trust your discretion in this, so we leave the specific methods used to your judgment.
Please be aware of the intelligence presence onboard your ship.
They do not supersede your authority in any command roles, but they do hold command over the tactics used to gather the intelligence they are seeking.

Avellum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Avellum » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

The Timberan Republic
Secretary

Founded: May 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Timberan Republic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Islamic Nari
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Nari » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

CRISIS CONTINUES

Flight 3691, 1/19

In the morning of January 19th of 2019 at 8:00 a.m. pilot Benyamin Shariati and co-pilot Amir Reza Qaeda boarded the BAe 268-0 Bistar. On board, the aircraft had 238 passengers and 4 staff members. It was a simple cross-country flight starting at Keran International Airport for Nari-Airways. Each pilot has more than a thousand hours in the air for the airline and military air service experience.

8:15 a.m. Shariati list through a pre-flight checklist while Qaeda checks it off.

8:30 a.m. A runway is available and the airliner taxis towards it.

8:35 a.m. Pilots are on the tarmac as they increase the throttle, lower the flaps and heads towards the morning sun.

8:36 a.m. Plane gains altitudes as the gear are retracted and the plane starts banks to the left towards Osakado.

8:40 a.m. The aircraft levels off and the pilots welcome the passengers on the intercom.

8:50 a.m. lost contact

The King is Dead, Long Live The Supreme Leader

The Shah was never a man with no worries. Standing over a crippling kingdom of infighting. He was hated by all, from the people to his own government due to his lavish spending or the power he held. Many have blamed him for the Civil War, people fought for his abdication or his head.

On the 22nd of January, the royal family was at home and within their garden. The whole Revan bloodline was here in the garden, dress accordingly. Such place was planted in the early 1900s at the start of the dynasty, occupying a few acres of land for a place of origin. Fully guarded perimeter and high-class passage needed to breach into this royal garden. A photographer began to rally the family to stand in front of a green screen for a photo-shoot. Lined up row on a row from the oldest of 98 to youngest of 4. The photographer counted...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6
rifles raised
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
flash...

An hour after the incident later, the Premier states to the public "The Shah is Dead, Long Live the Premier"

Border Crossing

On the hilly outskirts of Border towns of Nari near Nithoria is where the Islamic State of Nari is based. On the old border station of Nithoria an old pickup truck rolls up to the border station, on the horizon is only nothing except maybe a convoy. A soldier fully armed top to bottom. The driver rolls down the window. The guard demands a passport but is only followed up by foreign murmurs, 5 minutes of arguing as the driver is surrounded by armed personnel. He finally says something in Nithorian "Allah is Great"

The convoy rolled up to a crater and ruins. Men unloaded and guns loaded.

MISSION BREIFING

OPERATION KOBRUK

Date:1/23/19
Previous from: Grand Commissar ___
Forwarded to: Commissar ___
Codename: Kobruk

Your mission is to occupy the city Kobruk from the newly proclaimed Democratic Republic of Nari. You've been given command of the 1st Armoured Division, the 22nd (Reserve) Infantry Division and the 44th (Reserve) Infantry Division within your disposal. As recommended you shall spearhead the attack in the south with the 1st Armoured Division as the 22nd and 44th support the line. The 11th Fighter Squadron will gain air-superiority as well as your close air support. Military intelligence has read that there are 500,000 opposing forces of which a small minority are behind friendly lines and disrupting our supply line from the mountain range. This objective is to be completed at 1/26/19 or earlier to relieve the suppressing forces of the 4th, 23rd(reserve), 24th(reserve) & 26th (reserve) infantry divisions under Commissar ___, North of the opposition's pocket. To state again, your objective is to capture Kobruk and close the encirclement of opposition forces.

After your objective is done then redirect your forces north with Commissar ___ to suppress more forces. You have a week to do so godspeed.
Last edited by Islamic Nari on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Wasabiton
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wasabiton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:53 pm

EMERGENCY BROADCAST BY THE OSAK GOVERNMENT
It has been confirmed that Flight 3691 that took off from Keran International Airport in Nari has indeed crashed into the Osak sky tower causing the building to collapse with all on the plane believed to have perished. Intelligence believes that the group responsible is the Islamic State of Nari whose barbaric conquest has reached near our borders. In response, Heavy Conscription will be put in place to prepare to defend the border from these terrorist. This date, January 19th, 2019 will go down in history as the day the Islamic State attacked the wrong country.

Lempon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Current Event

Postby Lempon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:10 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Breaking News:

Lempon after 8 months going silent to the world, has finally is opening our doors again to tourist and people. The Government hopes that people will want to see their small nation and see its historical sites. Thank you for listening to LemponNews.

Classified
This is the Crimson Guard orders to all operatives. Prepare for new arrivals in our glorious nation. Our nation has opened our boarders to the world. But that also means our enemies or soon to be enemies may enter our nation. Keep an eye on all activity from these "tourist" and make sure none have no contact with our politicians. Your nation salutes your service. That is all, End of Transmission.

No longer Canon
Last edited by Lempon on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 am, edited 6 times in total.

Andic Aprezye
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Andic Aprezye » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Dr. Bertram Paige was sitting at his dining room table reading a book as the water boiled for his tea. Outside, a jet-black van pulled into view and parked in the driveway of his house. The rapping on the door pulled Bertram from his reading, and he unlocked and opened the door. Standing in his doorway were two men in gray suits, one of whom was wearing a black trilby that matched his narrow moustache.

"Hello Dr. Paige. I do believe we have some matters of concern we need to discuss. May I come in?"

"May I ask what this is about?"

The man gave him a wry smile, and introduced himself: "My name is Tôt Kornêl. I have been tasked by the National Security Commission to ensure that Apreźye remains a safe place for it's citizens while our war of liberation is ongoing."

Bertram pursed his lips, and stepped aside. Kornêl kept his shoes on entering the house.

"Every morning when I arrive at my temporary office I am given a list of names. Usually 20, sometimes more. You are my 12th name for today. Do you know why you have been marked as a potential subversive in these trying times?"

Bertram became slightly stiff, and quietly replied with a curt "No, I'm afraid I don't."

Kornêl sat down opposite Bertram at the table, and tented his fingers, leaning in towards Bertram. "Well, Dr. Paige, I understand you were born in the Dolphik Rike proper. It seems natural to the bureaucrats in Kovonietz that you may perhaps have mixed loyalties, and upon further review you have made what seems to be a concerted effort to mask your heritage and avoid identification. You are fluent in Anderian common, and if you don't mind I would prefer if we continued in my mother tongue."

Bertram swallowed. "Pâv."

Kornêl continued. "So. You have resisted being identified as a Dolphik, a measure taken as I understand it to protect your kind from the barbarity of your native government."

"My kind?"

"Apologies, I should perhaps hold more sensitivity. However, the fact remains that you have avoided identification which has left you marked as a potential subversive. If you don't deny your actions then I have no recourse but to investigate further. That means that you will have to come with us, Dr. Peǵe."

"Am I being charged with a crime?"

Kornêl smirked, and Bertram could feel those cold eyes piercing his own.

Sofie returned home from work an hour later. Her husband was gone, his book sat on the wooden table, and the now empty kettle sat on the lit gas stove.
Last edited by Andic Aprezye on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Islamic Nari
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Nari » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:19 pm

CRISIS ESCALATES

Cross the Line Supply Raids

In the midst of the week at the Yama region of Chikara on Highway 201 from the Nari Eastern trade city of Jahakim to the major ports of Chikara. A small check station among the hilly plains of the region. Even if barren the road is congested full of trucks and vans heading towards Chikara either fleeing the onslaught of the Islamic State or to continue the goods business as usual even if heavily disrupted. The routine of vehicles stopping at the checkpoint, passport, fee and leave repeats until the calm night where the traffic dies down to a car or two. As one more pickup pulls up to the stop and it seems like the last one for the shift. Minutes later it's in flames with 5 cold bodies as the station is mostly abandoned. A period of time sets in before a convoy of pickups drives towards the wreckage. The first truck rams through the debris with no incident while the second one drives through with bullet holes. Unfortunately, the third and last one is shot in the bed as a body rolls out flimsy dropping on the road. Hours of driving on the winding roads of the hilly area of Yama as the pickups go there sperate paths. A recorded 2 incidents armed robbery incidents related to the terrorist threat as men aggressively pinned down families in rural farms. 1 more incident which included the murder of 3 Chikaran citizens and 3 other individuals who believed to be a member of the Islamic State. Hours after such incidents happened the convoy was spotted one last time crossing the border as all trucks were fired upon by local patrol, the third vehicle lost control and crashed which killed 5 more men. The last remaining trucks cross the border towards Nari.

Border Crossing Again

The Islamic State(ISNN) has quickly expanded its military force and its territorial clay since the start of the Civil War when it was a fledgling organization. As it occupies the majority of the Eastern half of Nari and the border towns of Nithoria while still expanding on both sides. ISNN itself rubs up against 4 other nations including Ketoria, Chikara, Khaisan and Osakado (not including Nari and Nithoria). The proud leader of the state is credited as Amir Baeshad-Aleman, a man of discipline and one to be scared of. He and his organization has issued multiple motor and suicide bombings, public execution of former and current government officials and has committed terror attacks. The 1/19 incident was indeed the idea of Amir Baeshad as Bistar BAe 268-0 carrying 238 passengers and 4 crew members, four of which were men of the Islamic State with direct orders to hijack and crash the aircraft into Osak Sky Tower killing 1,178 and injuring 479, many were from the firefighter department and or locals nearby who tried to save as many as possible. Within hours all planes were grounded while all planes currently in the air were redirected to prevent a second incident. This incident was all on live footage and broadcasted in Osakado and internationally causing widespread grief and terror in the hearts of Osakado citizens and forcing the government into conscription. Osakado soon forced Islamic State forces out of Viviran city as an undeclared war and was not breifed to the current legitimate government of Imperial State of Nari.

Islamic State troops started crossing the Ketorian border due to poor border patrol as they've just come out of a years-long civil war and into an economic crisis. Many more set up their headquarters. Plans escalate into military endeavours as the people and military of Ketoria have been broken. Border towns are quickly occupied and continue to drive across the broken asphalt and muddy roads across the flats. The only retaliation was from local police force who are barely armed or trained. Their government are yet to counter-attack the threat or state to the public of such threat within the first two days.

MISSION BREIFING

OPERTATION SHAMAL
Date:2/6/19
Previous from: Grand Commissar Hoiseun Khan
Forwarded to: Commissar Ahmed Soleiman
Codename: Shamal

Your mission is to occupy the city of Samal and Janub to seperate the Democratic Republic of Nari's Independent Forces into two. Your still in command of the 1st Armoured, 22nd, 44th Infantry Division also you have the additiom of the 4th, 23rd, 24th, 26th Infantry Division as Commissar Mohammed Mohir has fallen out of favour with our Premier. You have the assistance of 7thFighter Squadron, 12th Fighter Squadron as well as the 2nd Attacking Squadron as your close air support. Intelligence have found out that 4 divisions of the Independent Forces of around 100,000 troops. It will commence on the 8th and planned conclusion on 20th. To state again, your objective is to capture the city of Samal and Janub to divide forces and encircle the opposing forces.

After your objective is to redirect your forces to the Eastern encirclement you will make and force the surrender and suppress the Independent Forces. You will have a week to do so, godspeed.
Last edited by Islamic Nari on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Edusa
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Edusa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 am

In the name of the Holy Father, the Royal Family and the People of the Blessed Principality of Edusa

Thereafter figures the new flag of the Blessed Principality of Edusa created by Mr. Dante Ilunargi, submitted to the Edusan authorities on the blessed day of the 23rd of January 2019, voted as the winner of the contest by the Special Jury on the blessed day of the 26th of January and approved by the Queen and the People's Council on the blessed day of the 27th of January.

Last edited by Edusa on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
If anything, Edusa represents my state of mind, not my political, ethical or social point of views.

Ketoria
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ketoria » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Image Image

The Empire of Chikara
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

It Has Come To This

Postby The Empire of Chikara » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 pm

"THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN INTERRUPTED TO BRING YOU AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM BINH THU-ONG IMPERIAL PALACE."

A somber middle aged man in a black suit, with tired hazel eyes, and with hair begging to turn gray sits at a large ornate desk. The man is Emperor Kuvet.

“My fellow Chikarans, at approximately 11:15 P.M. Imperial Time last night our great nation was brutally and deliberately attacked by the Islamic State. In the attacks a total of five Chikaran soldiers and three citizens were lost to the attackers brutality. An additional two soldiers and one more citizen were lost in surgery, and a total of fourteen people, including three soldiers, still remain in the hospital. Furthermore we now have intel and reconnaissance photos proving that forces of the Islamic State have begun to move into the neighboring countries of Nithoria and Ketoria. Chikara will not stand for this! For years I have spoken to you, the people, about how through the state we are made whole, about how through the state we are grand family who watch out for each other, about how only through our unity do we find our greatest of strengths and self. I urge all Chikarans to remember this because today eleven of your brothers and sisters are being buried, today fourteen of your brothers and sisters remain in the hospital, all because of an oppressive and expansionist group of extremists from lands that are not our own! Which is why as of this moment I am announcing the deployment of twenty five thousand Chikaran troops to the Nari border, ten thousand Chikaran troops to the Nithorian border, and ten thousand troops to the Ketorian border. As well, the Order of the Shield will be deploying five thousand troops to the Nari border region to further help secure the safety of the towns. Furthermore beginning immediately we will be conducting large scale bombing missions against any and all forces of the Islamic State regardless of what country they are in. The lives lost yesterday shall not be forgotten and the days of the Islamic State are numbered. Together we fight! Together we stand! TOGETHER WE ARE CHIKARA!!!”
Last edited by The Empire of Chikara on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Timberan Republic
Secretary

Founded: May 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Timberan Republic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 pm

National Anouncements

The Presidents Call to Action

My Timberans we are gathered here today to shine a light on the horrible acts of the evil, oppressive, expansionist, Islamic extremist. These "men" are terrorizing innocent lives, breaking up families and bringing civil unrest to their region. We must do something about this so it has come to me and the nine other republics decision to get involved and provide some form of security and stability to the region. These soulless terrorist have hijacked jets flown them into buildings killing hundreds if not thousands and have killed innocent Chikaran civilians in their own country. So I ask you not is it a good thing to intervene and stop the spread of radical Islam? GOD BLESS THE TIMBERAN FEDERATION!

TOP SECRET
Operation Kryžovy

10,000 frontline troops will be deployed into Chikara and base out of Chikara they will be on combat ready at all times in Chikara.
25th Dreva Vauki Squadron will be deployed into Chikara and escort the 6th Bomber Squadron and 17th Striker Squadron on bombing runs.
6th Bomber Squadron will be deployed into Chikara to work in collaboration with the 25th Dreva Vauki Squadron.
17th Striker Squadron will be deployed into Chikara to work with the 25th Dreva Vauki Squadron
1st Submarine Fleet will be deployed in the southern coast of Chikara on standby in case of order Blaslavi.
5th Destroyer Fleet will be deployed alongside the 1st Submarine Fleet to provide surface security.
Motorized Rifles, Mechanized Infantry, and Armored units will also be deployed with the support of the 18th Fighter Bomber Squadron.
SAM (S-300) units, Mobile Radar units will be deployed into Chikara along with the Engineering/Maintenance units and Artillery.
Other Important intel thanks to Chikaran recon aircraft we now know the Islamic extremist do not have any SAMS capabillity
Last edited by The Timberan Republic on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ketoria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ketoria » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 pm

Ketorian Official Announcement

Yesterday, the Empire of Chikara violated our airspace by sending reconnaissance aircraft into our nation and publicly announcing information which was never meant to be public, causing large scale protests in our country. In addition to this, Emperor Kuvet announced that they would be conducting bombing missions on our soil.

The Free Nation of Ketoria will not allow any violations of our airspace. No nation has the right to send military aircraft into our airspace for reconnaissance or bombing missions. Any and all violation of Ketorian airspace will result in retaliation. We will shoot down any military aircrafts that enter our country. If our airspace continues to be violated, it will result in war.

This is a warning. In 48 hours, the policies listed in this announcement will be put in place.
Last edited by Ketoria on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avellum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Avellum » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:59 am

OPERATION SILENT VIGIL. CLASSIFIED MAJORIS ONE. ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS OF THIS FILE IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE EXECUTION.

01: Deploy submarine wolfpack consisting of ANS Afaris, ANS Messea, ANS Exworth and ANS Pagathon

02: Conduct recon on situation in middle East regarding Islamic/Chikaran tensions

03: Patrol off coast of Ketoria and Chikara

04: Track Chikaran, Ketorian and potential Islamic naval activity if facilities are captured

05: Report back findings as situation evolves

06: Maintain full war readiness in case of escalation

07: Prepare for missile bombardment of strategic targets and destruction of Islamic State controlled dockyard facilities should escalation occur

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OPERATIONAL ADVISORIES:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

01: Possibility of other navies operating in area. Avoid detection at all costs.

02: Avoid engagement until authorised by central.

03: If detected, disengage, maintain distance, and await further instruction.

APPROVED
Last edited by Avellum on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Islamic Nari
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Nari » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:34 pm

EMERGENCY ALLIANCE

Mutual Defense Pact

As of today, Ketorian diplomats have advised us of growing tensions between them and Chikara as Ketorian airspace was violated by Chikaran military aircraft. Our Nithorian and Johian advisors have drafted terms for a mutual defence pact with Nithoria, Ketoria, Johia and Nari to deter Chikara and also do coordinated attacks against the Islamic State of Cancodia. Nari, Nithorian and Johian policies on foreign intervention will be separate from Ketoria's policy. We will not enstate Ketoria's policies with our own forces until 48 hours have passed. We have issued for Chikara to pull out all military aircraft in Ketoria's airspace within 48 hours or else they will be taken down by force if not war.
Last edited by Islamic Nari on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Empire of Chikara
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Success Through Diplomacy

Postby The Empire of Chikara » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:25 am

Emperor Kuvet: “After only forty eight hours of diplomatic talks I am happy to announce that an agreement between the government of Chikara and the ICDP has been found concerning the growing issue of the Islamic State. Beginning immediately Chikara and those nations assisting her, with permission from the ICDP, will begin conducting bombing missions against the Islamic State within the borders of Nari and Nithoria. Meanwhile the bombing of the Islamic State within the borders of Ketoria will not be conducted as planned. Instead Chikaran high altitude reconnaissance planes, with the permission of Ketorian government, will continue to monitor the situation within Ketoria while the ICDP attempts to slow the advance of the Islamic State, and eventually push the Islamic State out of Ketoria entirely. Should any of Ketoria’s major cities fall under threat of capture then an emergency discussion shall be convened between the governments of Chikara and Ketoria concerning the best course of action to ensure the protection of the city and the survival of Ketoria. Should the current government of Ketoria collapse or lose total control of Ketoria itself then Chikara will, with previously granted permission from the Ketorian government, enter the nation of Ketoria in an effort to push out the occupying forces of the Islamic State and restore order to the region as a peacekeeping force. I would like to take this time to ensure both the citizens of Chikara and the citizens of the world that the Chikaran government has no intentions of conquest in this conflict, and merely wants to secure stability for the region to ensure a long lasting era of peace and prosperity. God bless Chikara, and God bless the world.”
Last edited by The Empire of Chikara on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wasabiton
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wasabiton » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Osak War on Terror Update
After the sucsessful liberation of Viviran from Islamic forces, heavy fighting has begun in the second border city of Escraven as Osak forces move into the city to liberate it and ensure that the Islamic state will not invade Osakodo as they have other countries. Meanwhile, President Araki Hirohiko has requested that a ceasefire be put inplace between the Democratic rebels in Nari and the current government until the threat of the Islamic state is eradicated.

Shikano Airbase, South Osakodo
As the sun rose and lit up the Largest airbase in south Osakodo the shillouette of 4 SB.32 bombers along with 4 P.293 fighters. As the beautiful sun lit up the sky the silence was broken as the jet engines roared to life and took off south towards there target with silence soon returning.

Skies above Escraven
from above the city it was hard to tell who was who except for where they were. When they finally arrived over the city the frontline Osak troops began to retreat as the 4 bombers and 4 fighters dropped bombs on the Islamic troops' fortified positions. When they detonated it was a line of fire and death as the main offensive into Escraven began. Once the forces were in and the bombs were expended, the planes quickly retreated back to base

Escraven
Thanks to the air support, Osak forces were able to push the Islamic troops out of 2/3rds of the city as building after building was sweeped and cleared. Eventually after hours of fighting, only small pockets of resistance were left in the city that would soon enough be taken out. for all purposes, the city was liberated.

Sinoias
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinoias » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 am

Commonwealth of Sinoias Official Announcement

Parliament House has just announced that due to the growing threat of ISNN, they shall be raising the defence budget 14.7%, up to $6,600,854,400, as well as temporarily implementing much more stringent requirements for entering the nation and more stringent customs checks for items entering the country. Parliament has also announced that they have pledged troops to assist the Empire of Chikara in this time of need, however they have yet to announce specifics.

In other news, due to severe weather in the south-east region of the nation, there have been many power outages recently. The national electricity provider, SinoiElec, has announced that they are working to fix these issues, however expect the electricity to be out for days to come.
Last edited by Sinoias on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Serrian Archipelago
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Serrian Archipelago » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:11 am

The Holy Palace of the Grand Master
Image Theocratic Papal Monarchy of Serria Image
Dio, Paese, Famiglia.

Greetings.

W O R L D ' S ◘ F A I R ◘ 2 0 1 9

This year, Serria hosts the global World's Fair, an exposition of technologies and national feelings of pride from around the globe. Throughout this next week, dozens of nations will be sending expositions to our Blessed Nation. The fairs will be held at Listante Air Base, which is seven miles away from Listante Space Port. Today, on February 1st, 2019, our SOLV.2 a rocket carrying a test payload. This would be the first Serrian non-aircraft launched the multi-stage rocket to carry payloads into orbit, and also the first Serrian rocket to carry our own astronauts into space.

Many of the expositions this week are focused, as stated earlier, on points of pride of each nation attending the conference. Through collaboration and events like the World's Fair, we as people can learn about God's wishes within our own bonds, and within our actions, beliefs, and stories. Through His Grace, we host this event which allows a peaceful and civilized discourse of different theories of thought, innovation, and technological advancement.

During the week on Wednesday, the Serrian Grand Master who retains the title as the Pope of the Serrian Catholic Church, which in itself we believe will attract many hundreds of thousands of visitors. The Holy See will be presenting a conference on global cooperation and world peace, as well as talks on compassion and faith. Faith is important to maintain in these turbulent times of violence around the world. He will also be hosting a conference with the leaders of other religions, including the Orthodox Patriarch, and other leaders.

Divine Blessed Theocratic Papal Constitutional Monarchy of the Serrian Archipelago, Edusa, the Islands of Granto and the Santo Tiaranos

The Divine Blessed Theocratic Papal Constitutional Monarchy of the Serrian Archipelago, Edusa, the Islands of Granto and the Santo Tiaranos will be showcasing exhibits on its aerospace and military engineering, consumer electronics, and vast culture. Two of Verrani's VespaJet 44 supersonic aircraft will be flying in subsonic demonstrations above the airfield, before landing for inside tours for guests. Numerous aircraft between the Sellenese-Serrian cooperation corporation Colombo will be having static displays on current aircraft as well as future design concepts. CADS, Verrani, and other Serrian aerospace and engineering firms will be hosting a joint talk on the future of commercial, civil, and general aviation, as well as technology demonstrations and cockpit tours of historical airplanes.

The Serrian Civil Defense Corps will be hosting a talk on the importance of national unity in times of trouble, as well as basic tips on self-defense. The Corps will also be giving free self-defense courses for guests, including Cancodian martial arts and traditional Serrian forms of defensive combat.

The Serrian Air Defense Force will be having four P.300s in a demonstration team, including the famed Giulia and Aurora aircraft. New Kerthenian P.301a aircraft will be also flying over the airshow to demonstrate the future of Serrian military aviation. These aircraft, including many Verrani and CADS products, will be available on static display, with some having cockpit tours.

Numerous architectural firms will be showcasing scale models of many Serrian architectural wonders, such as the tallest building in the world in Vellina, the Divine Tower, the many Serrian Duomos, and other new designs under construction around the country. The firm Volare will be giving a presentation on the balance between structural meaning and architectural beauty, as well as informational talks on the new storm legislation recently passed in Serria.

The Serrian-Edusan council will be visiting and giving a large friendship presentation to discuss the benefits of the great relationship between our nations. A public forum will also be held, where guests will be able to talk to the council about their praises, comments, concerns, and other discussion points. A large painted mural on a piece of wall will be hoisted behind the talks showing artwork displaying the unity between Serria and Edusa.

Numerous Serrian gourmet and fast-food restaurants will be catering the event, with the extremely popular Serrian cuisine will be served to guests. Pizza, plates of pasta, and other popular dishes of the Nuntic Sea diet will be available for guests to purchase to experience Serrian culture. Numerous paintings and other cultural artifacts from Serria's two-thousand-year-old history will be on display for guests to enjoy, learn about, and observe. Many short films and presentations will be given on Serria's unique history and its involvement, as well as a Great War historic exhibit about the war with neighboring Yinshan.

Blessed Principality of Edusa

As stated earlier, many nations will be presenting their own expositions. Our Blessed Principality of Edusa is showcasing our friendship and Union of our peoples with a large glass statue representing an Order of Serria Knight and an Edusan Royal Guard shaking hands, symbolizing that strong relationship. They are also sending several Herensuge aircraft to demonstrate our outstanding business and engineering cooperation. As a Blessed Principality, Edusa is very welcome to join us for the World's Fair.

Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint Silischo of Canteu and Serria

The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint Silischo of Canteu and Serria and its charity fund organization, Serre International, will be holding numerous showcases of the Order's work in global humanitarian aid and cooperation. SMOS will be hosting numerous fundraisers to help their efforts to help the less-fortunate and poor accross the globe, as well as signups for their numerous international aid programs.

Republic of Qusmos

The Republic of Qusmos is representing their nation with a quarter-scale replica of a new residential complex in Auriteaux, comprised entirely of 3D-printed parts, a testament to Qusmosi innovation. Their exhibition will also include a one one-thousandth scale model of the city of Streles made of metal, as well as a scale model of the previously mentioned capital city of Auriteaux in one one-ten-thousandth scale. A globe made of glass oceans and individually colored and crafted metal nations will represent global our complex world. Qusmos' highly respected civilian aerospace industry will be presenting an advanced high-bypass turbofan engine entirely assembled of metal processed through a 3D printer as a technological showcase as a demonstration of 3D printing technology. In another symbol, their nation will be displaying two intertwined frozen flowers, a water lily, and another national flower.

Anderian Federative Social Republic

The Anderian Federative Social Republic is bringing a large assembled statue of a worker, a soldier, and a mother stepping forward, a duplicate of another statue in the Anderian city Lisekastok. The Anderians are presenting a scale model of their permanent planetary Eve colony, massive ice cores, future rocket launch plans, and the oldest copy of another historic document, the Vethizmenic Bible. Serria is proud to showcase the Eve colony, as guest Serrian astronauts have joined Anderian cosmonauts on Eve for scientific peaceful cooperation for the benefit of the world.

Kerthenian Congressional Republic

The Kerthenian Congressional Republic is focusing on their advanced technological developments making life better for people, showcasing Dunatian rock samples and other Dunatian related activities, including a mockup of the Kerthenian base Anchor. They are also showcasing historical exhibits showing the history of the Kerthenian Space Agency, as well as the ability to meet and greet famous and brave Kerthenian astronauts who have explored God's universe. Their Navy is presenting the finest of their demonstration teams, the Blue Arrows, as well as guided tours on the USS Pegasus, a nuclear-powered supercarrier. The United States Air Force is presenting a Heritage Flight, an Expo, and an advanced demonstration of the newest cockpit helmets used by current pilots. Their Coast Guard will be showcasing Priority: You, focusing on Chemical, Biological, Nuclear, and Radiological defense. Popular arms company Valkyrie Arms will be showcasing next-generation firearms. The Kerthenians are proud of their culture of consumers and will be showcasing advanced concept cars, next-generation robots, music, animation, and more. Their aerospace industry will be cooperating with Blue Aerospace in showcasing some of their airliners.

Socialist Republic of Faulksnia

The Socialist Republic of Faulksnia will be showing their new rebuilt Fokser Capitofficesnment offices, the pride of their engineering and a symbol of their national pride and unity. their military will be sending static displays of export models of their Heijina II tanks and H-100tE transport helicopters. Their civilian shipyards, Federal Shipyards, will be showcasing their luxurious one-hundred-foot Ultra-Fisch yacht.

Timberan Federation

The Timberan Federation, recovering from their conflict, is proud to demonstrate their national points of pride at our global expo. Chiahac Chemical Company will be bringing the Timberans' latest in CBRN protection gear. Their expansive civilian arms industry will be providing static demonstrations of the Pobrezi line of weapons, as well as upgrade packages for a selection of military and civilian ground and air vehicles. Their people are also sending a National Choir to perform music, as well as Timberan bands to present at certain parts of the event.

Republic of Avellum

Our neighbors, the Republic of Avellum, will be displaying their points of pride as advanced technology. The Avellian Space Research Coalition's presentation, "The Rose on Duna" is a full-scale working replica of the Pioniro Duna Lander, which will also showcase live broadcasts. The Grand Army of the Republic will be sending some HMBT-15 Devastator[i/] demonstration, a symbol of their expansive advanced arms industry which they are proud to showcase at an event symbolizing global cooperation. The Army will be providing tank driving simulators and games, including a video game, as well as a "Drive a Devastator" experience. Their navy will be providing tours of the vessel ANS [i]Farreus, with large cannons on display to fire during a performance of 1812 Overture a safe distance away for musical purposes. The Avellian Consumer electronics sector is presenting "Robotic Future", an interactive demonstration of how our world will change with robotics. Showcasing refreshments served by an autonomous butler robot, a nerve linked prosthesis prototype used by an Avellian veteran, and fast supercars in a heritage formation. The exhibit will also include Avellian culture icons such as famous paintings from their people, as well as inferior Avellian culinary samples.

Republic of Eusonia

The Republic of Eusonia is showcasing their pride in their aerospace industry, as well as Eusonian innovation and STEM involvement. The massive Galaxy aircraft exhibit is an acting showcase, which onboard the real airplane will carry numerous demonstrations, which is not limited to but includes the Skysurfer Space Plane Landing Test Vehicle. The Stargazer Intrepid is an airplane fully capable and modified to launch payload-carrying missiles into space. Their popular public transport sector is showcasing their latest innovations, including a Maglev exhibit, a Supertrain mockup car, and an interactive video game on the experience of the real job of Air Traffic Controllers, including a full 3D diorama of Sertheish International Airport and Augmented Reality displays. Eusonian universities such as the Sertheish Institute of Technology is presenting miscellaneous exhibits and musical performances, as will the Dolomere Computer Institute. The Eusonian Defense Force is demonstrating their Silent Drill Team, their famed musical ensembles, and their Starfighters display team, which will hold charity raffles. Blue Aerospace is showcasing numerous models, such as the BAe-2100 BWB prototype, a BAe "Bistar", manufactured in Serria, and previously mentioned BAe-69 "Galaxy". In Partnership with the massive Serrian defense firm VerraniS.p.A, a demonstration of the OAH10KVO, or the HCC.4a/HCC.4b will be demonstrated as well. Eusonia will also be demonstrating civilian vehicles, emergency vehicles, and more.

Empire of Chikara

The Empire of Chikara is presenting an exhibit of their new Chikaran Global Health Center currently under construction on Chikara Suvar. They are showing virtual reality tours of their Imperial offices, giving seminars on Chikaran policies, and presentations from the Real Estate industry. Their military will be showcasing a one-of-a-kind aircraft-carrying submarine, which has the ability to store fifteen KA-60 helicopters. The Chikaran Military is also offering flights around the entire Fair in a Mi-26 for guests to enjoy the views of the Serrian Space Coast. In Entertainment and Consumer electronics, the Chikaran people are sending their best in music, including punk bands such as Lighter Fluid Breakup, and Red Night. Daisy Medical Technologies Showcase is demonstrating its medical technology advancements, as well as Chikaran food from various restaurants.

United Kingdom of Dolphiland

The United Kingdom of Dolphiland is showcasing its scientific advancements with a mockup of their Pioneer base on Laythe, located in a sand-filled recreation of coastal Laythe, along with a fully operational Bison MSEV rover, long used for exploration of Laythe’s surface. Visitors will be given a guided tour of the base, along with a presentation about the history of the exploration of Laythe and the Jool system, and DONA’s plans for future large scale terraformation and colonization. Additionally present will be a 3-piece exhibit featuring the space shuttle orbiter Adventurer, along with the latest generation Horizons II spacecraft, and a Methone-class deep space probe includes exhibits and presentations on the history and accomplishments of each spacecraft and their contributions to wider aerospace technology and space research.

The RAF display team, the Red Valkyries, will be performing aerobatics throughout the fair, visitors will be treated to the sight of the Valkyries performing stunning maneuvers and feats of piloting, all performed in the DA Hurricane FGR.5 4th generation fighter, the highly capable mainstay of the RAF.

The nuclear-powered missile cruiser HMS Munroe will be in the dock in Serria during the fair, visitors will be able to go on guided tours of the vessel, and view exhibits about the design and capabilities of this vessel, and the nuclear technology that powers it, along with its prestigious service history. The official band of His Majesty’s Naval Service, the Royal Navy Band will be playing a variety of songs throughout the fair, from classic rock hits to sea shanties, pop music to orchestral performances. Attached to the RN Band will be a detachment of Highland bagpipers, playing a variety of traditional bagpipe tunes for the crowd to enjoy.

The Tea Brewer’s Association of Dolphiland will be sponsoring an exhibit about the history of tea making in Dolphiland and around the globe. Visitors will be able to sample a wide variety of teas brewed in traditional Dolphik style, and learn about its history, cultural significance, and the impact this remarkable drink has had on the world. The Medical Association of Dolphiland is sponsoring an exhibition will cover the history of medical science and various Dolphik innovations in this field. Major areas of focus will include upcoming medical breakthroughs, cybernetics, neuroscience, and combating of disease in developing and war-torn regions. Sponsored by the Dolphonburg Imperial Art Museum is a large art gallery featuring over 200 different Dolphik works of art. Ranging from ancient Doltanic frescoes to modernist sculptures, classical paintings, black and white films, video games, and everything in between.

Presentations will be given on the history of Dolphik art, it’s a central role in Dolphik culture, and it impacts on the world at large. Located at the center of the Dolphik pavilion will be the Fallen Soldier, this exhibition features a flagpole flying the Dolphik flag, supported by a large statue of a wounded Dolphik soldier, at the base of the statue is a mural featuring Dolphik soldiers throughout history, and inscriptions detailing their courage and sacrifice, which has enabled Dolphiland and it’s people to endure throughout the centuries.

Imperial State of Yinshan

The Imperial State of Yinshan will be sending the best that they have in consumer electronics, universities, academia, and arts. Tüzen Technologies will be sending QLED 8K televisions, foldable Liga 10 smartphones, and new 2019 Hertyn Superlaptops. These laptops are supposed to be Lightweight, fast, and Quiet. The Yinshanese Imperial Space Agency is sending Space Capsule prototypes, which is set to be the future of manned spaceflight for the nation. The exhibit also includes a remote-control scale model of the Funuha Duna Rover. Numerous cultural and historic artifacts, such as various historical weapons from the region, reconstructed cannons from the 1570s, crowns, and symbols of power from medieval royals, sculptures, art, and poetry from their Golden Age, and newer, modern Yinshanese rifles.

Even some treasures from the Pakhata, the most feared Warrior King will be displayed. The conglomerate Huangjian Group is showcasing their WH-30 IFV, which sports a forty-millimeter autocannon. The Yinshanese Aerospace industry, namely Tianhe Aerospace Corporation. The Fenghuang aerobatic team is sending YW-110 trainers to display their aerospace might and agility.

Numerous Yinshanese universities, such as Hayi displaying their drumline will be showcasing music. The Tianjinyeudui, Kerbin's oldest continuous military band will be on the march with ancient Yinshanese and Alkic horns, drums, woodwinds, and stringed instruments. The Central Military Band of the Yinshanese Imperial Army will also be performing iconic patriotic music. The Ulentsen Morin HUur Ensemble will be performing the most energetic of traditional Tergyn music, and other obscure and pleasant pieces from Alkic and Huncala cultures. The Tanghua Symphonic Orchestra is performing the finest of Yinshanese and global classical music, as well as modern music. The Yinshan Traditional Orchestra is considered a living fossil that will be performing music from ancient and medieval Yinshanese history, using traditional iconic instruments, including but certainly not limited to the Guzheng, Pipa, Matouqin, and the Dizi. The Yinshanese State Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet will be giving an amazing experience of Yinshanese myths, legends, and stories. Also in theatre, the Dobogonor Theatre will be also showing other traditional stories.

Kingdom of Klathu

The Union of Klathu is sending some of the Klathuian armed forces, a concept model for a new seaplane jet hybrid, the KRA-45(S) or as the over-eager engineer on the stand calls it, the Pike. From the Klathu-Icaria Military development team the latest upgrade to the Excalibur tank now featuring a 140mm main cannon. Twitchengrad University will be demonstrating a new device for assisting doctors in surgery which allows Doctors to track the progress of tumors to a high degree of accuracy. The New Frontier Electrical Company will bring the latest air interceptor radar system. And making their public debut the Royal Klathu Space Agency (RKSA) will be demonstrating their new sounding rocket and debris clearance system to help alleviate Kessler syndrome. In addition to this, the King of Klathu shall attend as his first overseas public appearance.

Barkadian Collectivate

The Barkadian Collectivate will be exhibiting the best of their space program, engineering, and other industries. The Nový Horizont Program, or New Horizon Program, which will be a permanent colony collaboration project. Serria is one of these partner nations, assisting Barkadia in their goal. There will be scale models of the proposed ship design, other facts and information, and numerous video showcases and informational presentations. The New Council Building presentation will exhibit the new building currently under construction in their capital city of Kora. They will also be displaying their proud history of the old buildings and other related topics. The Barkadians are proud of their small arms industry, and so they will be showcasing their new BR-118 assault rifle, as well as its history, and an active guest-inclusive fire range demonstration.

People's Republic of Zhioubin

The People's Republic of Zhioubin's government is proud of its engineering and industrial base, presenting an exhibit on Zhioubin's railways. This exhibit includes a mockup of the Hongui type 19 Turbo-diesel train, an exhibition on the history of the railways in their country, and a working replica of Tsetung's personal train, as well as other showcases of future railcar products from their nation. The Central People's Government's exhibit consists of a one to thirty-five scale model of the newly planned Grand Hall of the People, and Zhioubin a Political History, a large exhibition on the main events of their rich political history. There will also be displays and various selected works of former leaders, and purchasable portraits for guests. The Ministry of Education is presenting Talking Point Zhioubin, a panel of various students from the highest achieving secondary and tertiary schools around Zhioubin. These will include demonstrations of new technologies that will be implemented in Zhioubinese schools.

The Zhioubinese military is debuting and showcasing their newly introduced Gong'an missile boat, a fully restored and operational Type 051 destroyer, and the last known existing copy of an Imperial Zhioubinese vessel. Northco is creating an exhibit on their Type 95 series vehicles, and also opening a historical pavilion showing multiple old and new firearms. In some active displays, Northco will be displaying their Type 99 Main Battle Tank as well as the amphibious Type 63 troop carrier.

In Consumer and civilian technologies, the company Furthered Micro Technologies will be live testing their newly produced GX chipset, and the debut of their new graphics processor nicknamed "Devastator", and a showcase of the first Zhiobinese supercomputer, the Tsetung. The Zhiobinese aerospace firm Central Aviation Administration Zhioubin will be having the maiden flight of their Type 100 Supersonic passenger plane in a subsonic demonstration, as well as a display of the economical Type-1 crop-dusting airplane, a derivative of the Anderian An-2. Zhioubinese Central Television is sending examples of new ZCTV recording equipment, as well as new satellite frequencies for rural areas, a presentation on Xinhai News and its partners, and an in-depth look on the Tsetung era of television development in Zhioubin.

Republic of Aquarius

The Republic of Aquarius brings a showcase of local and Corgelian cuisine, given the non-attendance of the Doxian Empire. As well, they have brought a model of the planned Aquarius City to remodel, meant to encourage equality between local ethnicities and Corgelians. Finally, they have made a demonstration of the evolution of Corgelian and Aquarian armor over the past century.

Federal Republic of Lempon

The Federal Republic of Lempon, with their interesting geopolitical state, has numerous exhibits and related topics. The former Director of the Crimson Guard, Jaune Kerman, has a panel debate on the subject of the global rise of authoritarianism. Their medical industry will have an announcement relating to Stem Cell Research on repairing nerve endings, and the Lemponese military will be giving a live air-show demonstration of their G-4 vertical take-off/landing aircraft. Lemponese General Stark Kerman will be giving a lecture on urban warfare.

Osak Federation

The Osak government has sent some static displays for guests to enjoy and observe, such as a prototype F-178. The F-178 is an upcoming indigenous Osak export fighter plane set to enter service in 2024. The Osaks are also opening an exhibit on the Shinkansen cabin mock-up, which is a complete replica of a standard cabin that will be on future Shinkansens being built in their nation. When you're so unoriginal you can't even come up with your own name for a bullet train....

Blorbs

Blorbs has taken a position for a pavilion temporarily with their ambassador to Serria proclaiming that "Instead of spending millions on a showcase in the world's fair, Blorbs will spend the money to fund the betterment of the lives of our people."
Last edited by The Serrian Archipelago on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
"And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
– Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.""

Edusa
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Edusa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Edusan Southern desert, over AD-14 testing grounds

High in the blue skies, two aircrafts were flying. One was an unpainted, shiny twin engine fighter while the other was an Herensuge D4 in the classic EAA desert camouflage. Elen was the pilot of that last plane and saying she was astonished by the capabilities of the other one would be under the reality. In an eye beat it was behind her, missile lock on and she couldn't shake him off her tail no matter the craziest maneuvers she pulled out and, even worst for her, the opposite situation had a similar outcome, her poor Herensuge stalling as she desperately tried to stay on the six of the silver bolt she was trying to catch.

"Damn canards..."

She couldn't do anything against it, even outspeeding it wasn't an option as her opponent was able to outaccelerate and outclimb her with ease. In the end, she had to give up and return to base as her fuel load was approaching the "unreasonably low" point.

"Dummy 1... Who the hell chose the indicatives !? Ugh... Dummy 1 running low on juice, RTB."

The aircraft lined up by her side and waved its wings as she saw the pilot addressing her a thumb up. She just had time to read "Herensuge P/D-7" under the cockpit before it broke formation to take back some altitude and pursue the tests.

"Man I wish I'll be able to play with one like this someday..."

She heard the rather unusual story of this aircraft like the other technicians and test pilots when it arrived at the AD-14 testing site in several parts carried by three Kaio transport aircrafts. Poor thing was in development before all the ESR mess but when the communist regime took over, the engineers decided to dismantle and hide the plane in some rusted containers. Probably unsure of the success of this method, some others also decided to sabotage some parts. Needless to say, it was bad for the plane. It was only very recently retrieved in the ruin of Senpere's harbor, repaired and rebuilt with the help of a few Serrian engineers and the high brass of the Edusan aeronautic scene and she just took part in one of the first flights of what should become the future of the Edusan air force.
Last edited by Edusa on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
If anything, Edusa represents my state of mind, not my political, ethical or social point of views.

Ketoria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ketoria » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:36 pm

The Serrian Archipelago
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Serrian Archipelago » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 am

The Holy Palace of the Grand Master
Image Theocratic Papal Monarchy of Serria Image
Dio, Paese, Famiglia.

Greetings.

The end of the first day of the World's Fair 2019 marked the successful launch of the SOLV.2 rocket carrying the SOP Mk. IIC test capsule system. This rocket launch was the first our Divine nation was to launch in decades, and it is the first time our own rockets will power our astronauts into space. With a recently purchased space station from our partners in Omniabstracta, within the next few months, Serria will have its own operational space station in Kerbin's orbit. The SOLV.2 rocket will be our supply line to and from this new station, where our nation will expand its missions into space and beyond. Our engineers have already planned and are working on designing the next re-usable Serrian rocket, the SOLV.3, capable of more modern forms of space transportation.

Long-exposure photo of the launch of the mission Serenity

Yesterday also marked the commissioning of the DDS Fratelli Di Serria, Serria's first aircraft carrier in service since 1939. The carrier has a total capacity of multiple H.10 helicopters and twenty recently purchased Kerthenian P.301a (F/A-34SB) stealth fighters. Another twenty are set to reserve and also to compliment the DDS Sophia which will be entering service within the next few months. The DDS Fratelli Di Serria will be deploying on a global tour to showcase Serrian resilience against possible claims to our integral possessions across the world. First, the Strike Group will sail to the St. Tiaranos Islands within the next week, and then it will depart to Granto before docking in Blessed Edusa.

The Serrian government believes these aircraft carriers are a healthy addition to the fleet, as Blessed Edusa requires larger defense commitments in terms of neutrality. As tensions rise globally, the Divine state will not be vulnerable to attack by any nation who might find our aggressive neutrality threatening. The joint operation of the currently-being-constructed Edusan carrier will also greatly expand future Serrian military capacity with its complement of sixty total P.301b (F/A-34SC) fighter planes. The CVV program, under construction in Qusmos after being struck, is considered by internal and external defense analysts to be the best move. The Serrian Naval Defense Force believes that with these new acquisitions their capabilities are secured for decades to come.

DDS Fratelli Di Serria underway at Sea on February 2nd, 2019 on its global tour maiden voyage

Thank you.

Local News from Serrian Newspapers

Economic Effects of the World's Fair: Is it worth it?

Some domestic critics of the fair, (most of which were the minority of Serrian Republicans), claimed that the event was a large waste of money, as was the space program. We at Vellina Times are looking into the issue, and as the second day of the World's Fair comes to a close, we are working out to see if it was really worth it after all. First off, the global participation was, for the most part, an extreme success, with many nations sending interesting live and static displays throughout the week. The Kerthenian aircraft carrier off the coast of Serria was a first for many locals, as military vessels within Serrian territorial waters would be considered an act of war and would breach the culturally cemented neutrality laws. Recovering from that shock value, seeing our nation launch a rocket into orbit for the first time since 1974 was quite astounding. The announcement of the Space Station today also has had positive stimuli on the economy.

First off, the local economic impacts of the World's Fair are obvious. The local business has been thriving around Serria's new space coast. The Serrian space coast has been quiet for years, and this revitalization is sure to create new opportunities for those in the area. Local restaurants catering the area, security, and the hundreds of contractors hired to cater the needs of the massive event have put a large investment into the area's economy, which has had a substantial impact for only one day. The markets seem optimistic about the financial success of the event, as corporations attending received no major complaints from shareholders. The Grand Master visiting the event will also greatly increase revenue from public transportation and fares from Catholics across the world attending to see him speak on Wednesday. The local economic impact is surely positive.

However, the largest skeptics will state that even though the positive economic impact currently is helpful, as soon as the event ends, most of these tourist-focused businesses will die off. Some state that the newly active space coast will bring tourists, however saying that Serria's launches are the most interesting or most advanced outside of the nation's first is quite a stretch. With other nations having colonies on other planets, (some of which have our own guests on them), it is hard to see how merely having rocket launches again is enough to keep this local economy revitalized. The World's Fair is only here for a week and isn't coming back- however, the local Diocese did confirm airshows were going to stay (it is important to note that they did not confirm or deny future international participation in these airshows). Some analysts have predicted that the steep drop-off of short-term investment into the region will indeed lead to a regional depression, in which short bursts of money into the economy with a rapid end to that source will collapse the previously stable yet stagnant market.

In the end, both sides may be right. Although the Serrian government has clearly been completely supportive of the event, its effects on the long-term Serrian economy are yet to see. The markets around the world are still reacting to the massive event, and its impacts are sure to be global. There is no doubt about that. Wherever the impacts land, however, is still up for debate.

So Serria Now has One Carrier Operational and Two on the Way... What now?

February 1st, 2019 marked a historic day for the TPM, which launched its first orbital rocket since 1974 and also commissioned its first aircraft carrier since 1939. It won't be the last aircraft carrier though. With a massive purchase of one-hundred and fifty Kerthenian stealth planes to compliment the newborn fleet, Aeronautica Militare is sure to be secured for the next fifty years. Three carriers have been ordered, including one ordered by a previous Edusan government, which can carry up to sixty catapults launched stealth aircraft.

There is no doubt the Serrian government has been looking at global trends and reacting to them. Apreźye, Icaria, and Heruland, as well as the recent rise of the Islamic State of Cancodia, have all been large threats. However, the Timberan fascists' attack showed the Serrian government that neutrality won't always save them. They lucked out on the location of the attack, as the Granto archipelago was conveniently nearby, and supersonic cruise missiles, as well as P.300 stealth fighters, were able to be mobilized.

Hypothetically, was the attack to be committed in some non-existent third world nation in a broken up Yinshan, the Serrian government, without these new carrier task groups, would not be able to respond. The Serrian MoD has realized that to maintain its aggressive neutrality with emerging insurgent threats around the world, and even against lesser powerful nations, the ability to project power is important. Obviously, of course, the previous strategy maintains the same against larger powers, where Serria's limited power projection capabilities would be instantly destroyed by say, an enemy KCRN.

Some could argue that the recent law passed in the High Council banning the sale of supersonic anti-ship missiles to foreign states was to not only limit the proliferation for peace but also to limit the threats against new, planned Serrian carriers. The Serrian government has, for the first time in years, considered the impacts of its sales outside of CBRN weapons. A large money maker for Verrani and for the domestic economy, the AMLIS Block VI ABM missile sold hundreds of batteries and thousands of missiles, yet it was pulled from the shelf due to its impacts on nuclear weapons production. This marks a trend of morality in international weapons sales after years of ignoring war-causing trends.

Edusa also changes things, as any chance of it being contested by the West are out the window. The referendum showed clearly that the Edusan people wanted the Union, even after implementing fair voting practices demanded by Serria's longtime military and aerospace trade partner Qusmos, an international representative of the West's good cop/bad cop dynamic. With CDN intervention no longer a barrier, and Edusan integration holding well in with popular sovereignty, the carriers play into a new "mini-Empire", as dubbed by some more conservative articles from around the world. The economic benefits of the Union are possibly endless.

Serria's role in the global economy and in the world are increasing in times of growing conflict in this new cold war. As reapproachment talks are being considered in some nations and deteriorating relations in others, there are clear signs that global tension is on the rise, which may even lead to thermonuclear war. However, Serria won't be spit on without the ability to bite back, and that's what the High Council and the Serrian MoD decided when acquiring three carriers.

This concludes our press briefing and featured news. Good day.
"And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
– Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.""

The Empire of Chikara
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

In The Name Of Stability

Postby The Empire of Chikara » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 am

Due to the rise in violence on the continent of Cancodia and concerns of national, regional, and global security, the nations of Sinois, the Dolphik Commonwealth, the Timberan Federation, the People’s Republic of Zhioubin, and the Empire of Chikara have come together to form the Coalition Against Terrorism Force, also known as CATFOR. CATFOR and it’s members look forward to working with the ICDP in an effort to return peace and stability to the region. Over the coming weeks CATFOR will announce further details on the specifics of the coalition, as well as announce new members to its ranks.
Last edited by The Empire of Chikara on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Silischo of Canteu and Serria
Civilian

Founded: Mar 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Silischo of Canteu and Serria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:08 am

SMOS Public Release

Recently our global efforts have had great publicity and knowing this, membership has had an uptick. With these new resources, we are pledging to step up our international aid and relief programs through Serre International. In Ostreich-Icaria, Giyangxi, Centeu, and all of the other Order territories, we thank Our Lord for this gracious opportunity to help people all around the world. To those who support us in those endeavors, we too, thank you. The World's Fair has been a good exposition for our activities, and we request that all Knights and volunteers, if able, to attend and witness other cultures, consult with other Order members, and more. We wish good faith to all of those around us and thank God again.

Thank you.

Order of Serria zone at the World's Fair

As the Grand Master of the Order finished his speech, the Edusan Princess who stood back alongside her husband on the stage took a step forward. Her white coat and untied black hairs were waving in the wing as she walked towards the Grand Master while Francesco was standing back between the few Order officers invited to stay behind the Master during his speech, smiling. The Order's most important man turned towards her with a false surprise on his face. Elen kneeled before him and the public heard her clear voice carried over by the wind.

"I, as the Princess of the Blessed Principality of Edusa, desire to pledge allegiance to the Serrian Order as a way to pay off a small fraction of the debt the Edusan population has toward the Order's men and women who sacrificed their lives and time to help rebuild a country torn by civil war when others simply looked at it from afar and ignored the suffering of our people. By you giving me my life I wish to return the favor you did to all the Edusans and encourage them and us all to believe in God, the Blessed Serria and a brighter future awaiting the kerbalkind thanks to the ones giving their blood for their brothers and sisters in need."

The Order's leader looks down, and then at the Princess, stating "There is nothing you could do more than have faith in the mercy of Our Lord, and that is all he asks. Have faith in his methods and in his words, in times of trouble and in peace. The Lord will have mercy on your soul and he loves all of us. The Order merely takes that love and applies to our actions. You owe your thanks to Him, not us." He shakes the hand of the Princess, and then he and his fellow Knights then exit off the stage to continue on their schedule.
Last edited by Saint Silischo of Canteu and Serria on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Islamic Nari
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

[Kerbin Only] Kerbin in Jeopardy

Postby Islamic Nari » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:56 pm

MISSION BREIFING

OPERATION DOGMEAT (لحم كلاب)

Date when Forwarded: 2/13/19
Previous from: Grand Commisar Hoiseun Khan
Forwarded to: Commisar Perkensin Mohammed
Operation Codename: Dog Meat(لحم كلاب)

Tatical Map of Nari(ناري)

Your mission is to assault the proclaimed Islamic State of Nari and other occupying terrorist organizations and crackdowns on further unrest within the region. The so-called Democratic Republic of Nari and the Independent Forces have halted our armies in the North under Commissar Ahmed Soleiman and Lesser Commissar Jesrin Sovi, they were able to occupy the city of Xierman in the North-West as well as advancing North on Highway 106 towards Fehr. This is due to logistical problems and presumable support from the Osakado Federation. We've also heard from their government of Osak as well as locals of occupying former ISN occupied cities of Viviran and Escraven as part of their War on Terror, this won't be tolerated but is a pin needle amongst the sea of ISN territory. Your assault should begin 24 hours after this message has been sent to you. Your objective is to occupy the rest of Highway 106 heading South to Lelevran within the mountains. You yourself field around 200,000 soldiers with 10 Divisions, 2 of which are Armoured and around 200 aircraft as CAS or Air Superiority. The ISN (ISC) Forces are divided between two other borders with 2 other foreign nations of Ketoria & Nithoria. We've expected precision bombardment from other powers as well. Do expect urban and guerrilla warfare with enemy troops causing chaos behind our lines. This objectives conclusion date should be less then a week after this operation starts, your major objective of crushing and suppressing all ISN (ISC) headquarters has no deadline, further objectives will be given after your deadline. To repeat, your objective is to advance to Highway 106 to Lelevran.

After your objective, continue the offensive against the Islamic State of Nari (Cancodia), their troops will not surrender or have mercy. The only way to victory is slaughter, you have a week to do so, godspeed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents