NATION

PASSWORD

DEU Assembly (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:35 am

The United Roman Triumvirate votes IN FAVOUR of the formation of the MDSF.
Last edited by Grandes Terres on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Personality type: INFP-T

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 pm

The French Seventh Republic calls for a meeting of the DEU Assembly.

"This is a historic month; the formation of the CAMD and MDSF are the greatest form of defensive cooperation that Europe has seen since the EDC years ago, and European Federation of the 1980s. We would now like to seek approval to give the MDSF a significant assignment in order to guarantee that one of Europe's most important trade routes remains secure. This region in particular has seen recent conflicts against the Persian Gulf Union, Syria, the Greek-Turkish-Persian Wars and the Second Libyan Civil War, and together with the wider political climate internationally, we believe this is a necessary measure which must be taken by the DEU."

Mediterranean Military Exclusion Zone

I. The DEU MDSF shall be tasked with implementing a Mediterranean Military Exclusion Zone; preventing all military vessels from non-DEU/non-Mediterranean nations from entering the Mediterranean Sea without consultation and approval.
II. The MDSF will establish a sonar net at the Strait of Gibraltar, to work alongside reconnaissance flights and submarine patrols.
III. The MDSF will aid in the closure of the Suez Canal to all foreign military traffic.
IV. Vessels with weapons in their manifest or owned by foreign national governments may be inspected by the MDSF to ensure their legitimacy.
V. The scope of inspections and exclusions may be expanded to cover civilian and commercial traffic only if a state of war exists or if approved separately by this Assembly.
VI. 'Enhanced customs centers' will be established in the Canary Islands and at the port city of Cadiz to facilitate inspections of vessels, processing of traffic, and base the MDSF assets involved where required.

Supporters: New Metropolitan France, The New Eurasian Federation, United Democratic Christian States, The Union of British North America, URT.
Opposition:

Note: a request by the GU to consider implementing a toll for military access has been considered, and ultimately rejected due to incompatibility with the MDSF's mandate for security.
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The New Eurasian Federation
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Eurasian Federation » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 am

The federation government votes AYE

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 am

While in its base form we will still vote aye, the GU would like to propose implementing a toll for Military ships wishing have access to the Mediterranean Sea through the strait of Gibraltar or Suez Canal (through the Canal tolls would be added to the current toll prices and will have to be smaller tolls to keep Canal relevance).

We could also provide exemptions to tolls for certain countries allied with Europe as well as hike toll prices for countries that act more hostile to Europe.

We could take the profits of these tolls to further fund DEU projects.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

The Union of British North America
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:47 pm

The Imperial Federation Realm of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland votes AYE.
An alt-America that had a grand bargain struck with London in the 1760s and remained under the British Crown (Turtledove's "The Two Georges"), mixed with some of Sobel's "For Want of a Nail" and a lot of the anthology "Columbia and Britannia," the sci-fi NZ novel "Anno Domini 2000 or Woman's Destiny", and cameos of other alternate histories. “The Rock of the Britannic Commonwealth,” an alliance of Britannic and former colonies as partner-nations in personal union and/or in association.

Tech level: MT+
NS stats: mostly policies
IC/RP name: North American Union (NAU).
IC/RP main supranational IGO: United Britannic Commonwealth of Nations.
NSverse organization member/agreement signatory: CAPINTERN, IFTC, ICDN, ECO, IBA, Amistad.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 pm

"The Republic wishes to make this proposal for DEU EIM signatories only. We hope that this will facilitate more effective law enforcement across the European continent, and lessen the complications which have arisen due to criminals being able to make use of the DEU EIM's right to freedom of movement."

DEU EIM: Joint Law Enforcement Protocol

I. If crimes are committed by citizens of DEU EIM signatories outside of their country of origin, their host country may choose to either deport them to their country of origin (unless they share dual citizenship with their host country) or process them through the host country's judicial system.
2. If deported or convicted in their host country, all DEU EIM signatories may have the opportunity to either blacklist them from entering their borders entirely or void their right to freedom of movement but allow legal immigration (requiring a visa to enter each country individually, as if they were from outside of the EIM) unless they share dual citizenship with that country.
3. If a citizen of a DEU EIM signatory is sought by their country of origin's law enforcement for processing by their judicial system following a criminal act, and they are currently located in another DEU EIM signatory, their host country is obliged to extradite them unless there is concern that their fundamental human rights are endangered or they share dual citizenship with their host country.
4. A DEU Oversight Committee will oversee all deportations and extraditions, while also facilitating communication between host countries and countries of origin to ensure that these requirements are met.
5. Citizens of DEU EIM signatories have the right to appeal their deportation/extradition if they believe that there has been no unlawful activity or that their human rights are endangered.
6. Host nations may request the criminal record of a citizen from their country of origin if they commit a criminal act while abroad.

Supporters: New Metropolitan France, URT.
Opposition:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 am

The United Roman Triumvirate votes IN FAVOUR of both the Mediterranean Military Exclusion Zone (MMEZ) and the Joint Law Enforcement Protolcol (JLEP).
Anthem of the Federation of Franco-British Republics: La Victoire est à Nous / Victory is Ours

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Aye

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 am

I vote "Aye" regarding the Mediterranean Military Exclusion Zone.

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:10 am

DEU Domestic Projects

31st October 2021

Proposed by:
Danilo Toninelli, Minister of Infrastructures and Transports (Italy)

The following proposal has been created by the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Homogenisation Committee (EVIHC) of the Ministry of Infrastructures and Transports of the Italian government and aims to bring universal electric vehicle charging standards to Europe to allow for seamless recharging anywhere in Europe at any electric charging station.

I. Establishes eurocharge, a free service funded by the DEU providing DEU citizens with a card that can be used to pay for charging service at any charging station in Europe.

II. Mandates all companies and governments that run electric charging stations such as Eon, IONITY, nrg etc. inside the DEU provide access to eurocharge card holders.

III. eurocharge card holders must not be charged more than other users.

IV. All companies and governments effected must ensure that all EV chargers provide all necessary plug sockets to accommodate variations among vehicle manufacturers.

V. All companies and governments effected must provide adequate charge to allow for 'fast charging' for vehicles that accommodate it.

VI. Establishes the European Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Homogenisation Committee (EEVIHC) to oversee the eurocharge project. The EEVIC will be based in Strasbourg.

VII. All companies and governments effected must commit to ensuring that all EV chargers are updated as new technology emerges in the future while maintaining previous services until they are deemed obsolete by the EEVIHC.

Aye: United Roman Triumvirate, Soviet Union, Germany
Nay:
Abstain:
Last edited by Grandes Terres on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Eurasian Federation » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Aye to all

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:13 pm

"The Republic wishes to request approval for the DEU Foreign Aid Council to sponsor the FFM/successor state in Mauritania."

Supporters: New Metropolitan France, GU.
Opposition:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:05 pm

Aye to the French and URT proposals

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:18 pm

"We call for the DEU EIM to join the NAF-initiated embargo against the FSR due to their recent actions in Mauritania, abandonment of the CSN, and aid for their Nigerian puppet state in a war against the PSAN and TACT.

Supporters: New Metropolitan France, The New Eurasian Federation, GU, URT.
Opposition:

"We also wish to propose the following flags as a DEU military cooperation banners, for use in jointly coordinated campaigns such as the recent Task Force Europa deployment, the ESF, or the MDSF."

Supporters: New Metropolitan France, The New Eurasian Federation, GU, URT.
Opposition:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Eurasian Federation » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Russia votes Aye

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:26 am

Aye

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:10 pm

The URT votes IN FAVOUR of both French proposals.

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Aye

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 am

DEU Emergency Transportation Force

I. If requested by a DEU member, the ETF will seek to immediately perform an evacuation of DEU citizens from zones of conflict, authoritarianism, natural disasters, or otherwise life-threatening crises around the world.
II. The ETF would utilize airlifting and naval transportation assets donated by the member states which opt-in to this project in order to achieve this.
III. Upon extraction from a crisis location, DEU citizens would be returned to their country of origin as soon as possible.
IV. The ETC would be supported by the ESF if required in order to ensure that the safety of all involved in evacuation proceedings is maintained wherever possible.

Supporters: New Metropolitan France
Opposition:

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:26 am

The United Roman Triumvirate votes IN FAVOUR of establishing the DEU Emergency Transportation Force.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:27 am

Aye

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:23 am

The Germanic Union Calls for a Meeting of the DEU Assembly

Noting that Puertollano intends to move troops into the state of Ukraine placing South American troops on the mainland of Europe, the Germanic Union wishes for the DEU to close the Mediterranean Sea to all Puertollano military transports.

We would Also call on the states of

-The Germanic Union to issue a no fly zone for Puertollano Transports going over the Baltic Sea

-The URT and Eurasian Federation/Russia to not grant Puertollano use of airspace for their military transports

Grandes Terres
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandes Terres » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:37 am

The United Roman Triumvirate votes IN FAVOUR of the German proposal.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 am

Euro Sea

The North Atlantic east of the Mid Atlantic Ridge will henceforth be known as the Euro Sea.

Supporters: New Metropolitan France & co-sponsor Calindelo, GU.
Opposition:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 am

Aye

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates