NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Prusslandia wrote:'Lo VOID, this seems rather interesting. Room for another noble house?

Additionally, do you have a Discord or IRC set up?

So far no Discord, plus the more nobles we have the merrier I suppose lol

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Also also, I'm not quite sure what kind of population I'm thinking of having. I've been tossing around maybe having, say, 20,000 people in my tribe, with more who would come once Nichithe raids the town below and gains more followers. And then, within that tribe, maybe around 5,000 people in the raised militia. Does that sound like a decent number, or should I amend it?

Also also also, I'll just go with the settlement I attack being a minor one that not too many people care about, and thus probably doesn't need to be owned by a noble here.
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Tasuirin wrote:Also also, I'm not quite sure what kind of population I'm thinking of having. I've been tossing around maybe having, say, 20,000 people in my tribe, with more who would come once Nichithe raids the town below and gains more followers. And then, within that tribe, maybe around 5,000 people in the raised militia. Does that sound like a decent number, or should I amend it?

That sounds pretty feasible to me, though it'd also depend on how spread out the tribe is.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Zapatha wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:Also also, I'm not quite sure what kind of population I'm thinking of having. I've been tossing around maybe having, say, 20,000 people in my tribe, with more who would come once Nichithe raids the town below and gains more followers. And then, within that tribe, maybe around 5,000 people in the raised militia. Does that sound like a decent number, or should I amend it?

That sounds pretty feasible to me, though it'd also depend on how spread out the tribe is.

It'd be pretty centralised for the most part. Nichithe kind of remodeled the tribe after human cities when he came to power. I expect it will grow outwards as he invades, and I'm also thinking of creating some kind of tribal confederation later on in the RP.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Tasuirin wrote:
Zapatha wrote:That sounds pretty feasible to me, though it'd also depend on how spread out the tribe is.

It'd be pretty centralised for the most part. Nichithe kind of remodeled the tribe after human cities when he came to power. I expect it will grow outwards as he invades, and I'm also thinking of creating some kind of tribal confederation later on in the RP.

Something like the Iroquois Confederacy but lizard people instead?

I like it lol

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Zapatha wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:'Lo VOID, this seems rather interesting. Room for another noble house?

So far no Discord, plus the more nobles we have the merrier I suppose lol

If VOID were to permit it I'd be willing to whip up a Discord, I find it makes communicating far easier.

How extensive is magic in the setting? Are there dedicated institutions (Circles from Dragon Age, or Hogwarts) for teaching the craft, or is it largely in the hands of tribal shamans and Court Magisters?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Zapatha wrote:So far no Discord, plus the more nobles we have the merrier I suppose lol

If VOID were to permit it I'd be willing to whip up a Discord, I find it makes communicating far easier.

How extensive is magic in the setting? Are there dedicated institutions (Circles from Dragon Age, or Hogwarts) for teaching the craft, or is it largely in the hands of tribal shamans and Court Magisters?

Hella no for the discord. I prefer it here, so it's more formal and more linked to the general NS platform. Discord is messy hence why I left it. This might be slightly more complex, but it's also more efficient.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Zapatha wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:It'd be pretty centralised for the most part. Nichithe kind of remodeled the tribe after human cities when he came to power. I expect it will grow outwards as he invades, and I'm also thinking of creating some kind of tribal confederation later on in the RP.

Something like the Iroquois Confederacy but lizard people instead?

I like it lol

You gottit! Though with Nichithe's tribe as the de-facto 'head' of the confederation.

Yeah, though I like Nichithe in some ways, he's quite corrupt in some ways.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:51 pm

It was briefly discussed earlier and dismissed as not really needed, and I stand by that. :P

Bla Ary wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
So this RP is devolving from medieval fantasy to medieval fantasy with 40k overtones and people with Houses of the symbols of Space Marine Legions and GoT...

(Image)

Well my character is unmarried but eh, not a goal at the moment, I just tend to play my noble characters as being unmarried. Plus just being more selective on where to hold the wedding, like at the Icy Keep, surrounded by his own army. Yeah that would work.

I feel like ICly Atheo and your kingdom would be on good terms. You feel that?

I have a feeling talks about fishing rights are common given my territory's large fishing fleet and relative close proximity and probably a large trading partner if there is a market for things like iron and wood in Atheo. So likely yes.

Prusslandia wrote:
Zapatha wrote:So far no Discord, plus the more nobles we have the merrier I suppose lol

Depends on area. The North-East's ruling family are from a long line of Ice Mages and have their own dedicated organization called the Vigil which is primarily dedicated to protecting said territory and policing what they deem to be maleficarum (think Space Wolves Rune Priests but more organized) and educating mages from their lands on avoidance of magic they deem to be evil, everywhere else I don't know.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:If VOID were to permit it I'd be willing to whip up a Discord, I find it makes communicating far easier.

Hella no for the discord. I prefer it here, so it's more formal and more linked to the general NS platform. Discord is messy hence why I left it. This might be slightly more complex, but it's also more efficient.

I echo the sentiment, I only use Discord to replace TG if I happen to know the person there. I will admit it makes private communication easier but for something that would be on the main thread it just makes everything easier to get buried if there is a lot of activity.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:53 pm

What's religion like in the Empire?

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:What's religion like in the Empire?

There are gods, the most prominent being Gaia which Terra itself is built upon. The others gods aren't named I think, though I'd assume they are kind of like in other mythology and fantasy genres.

Some people worshipped the Regine Dynasty as well, as they were descended from divinity, though I'm not sure how it will be affected due to the Regine's extinction.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Worship Northern Materialism instead! You don't have to believe in anything physically impossible, you can marry as many people as you want, drink, think and enjoy life without being threatened with hell or purgatory!

EDIT: To clarify from my lore, most people still worship the ancient Draconian religion (Still finding a name for it), but many do it in private due to persecution and priests are currently the bulwarks of secession in Draconia.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Zapatha wrote:

There are gods, the most prominent being Gaia which Terra itself is built upon. The others gods aren't named I think, though I'd assume they are kind of like in other mythology and fantasy genres.

Some people worshipped the Regine Dynasty as well, as they were descended from divinity, though I'm not sure how it will be affected due to the Regine's extinction.

"The Regine dynasty still lives on... In our hearts..."
"...wot?"

The lizardfolk have their own group of spirits which they worship, and are pretty much all morally neutral, so... Yay?
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Also also also, I'll just go with the settlement I attack being a minor one that not too many people care about, and thus probably doesn't need to be owned by a noble here.

If the militia is comprised of adult males, and the tribe is quite centralized, 5000 sounds about right.
Take into account that you would probably be able to levy all those men as a standing army for short periods of time, as they would be unable to hunt, or gather, or whatever lizardmen do to survive.

Rule of thumb: 1/15 of the total population can be mantained as a peacetime standing army in a medieval setting. And about 1/4 can be levied during war for a couple of weeks.
That God's name is Abraxas

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:03 pm

The Vampires don't have a religion exactly. The Vampire Counts are too vain to worship a higher being while Blood Knights idolize champions and other high exceptional vampire warriors.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Union Princes wrote:The Vampires don't have a religion exactly. The Vampire Counts are too vain to worship a higher being while Blood Knights idolize champions and other high exceptional vampire warriors.

Sounds familiar

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Hmm. What's everyone's thoughts on a House of purity-obsessed sorcerer-kings/wych-warriors? I'd stray away from anything OP, of course, but I'm surprised to see such a House absent from the roster.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Union Princes wrote:The Vampires don't have a religion exactly. The Vampire Counts are too vain to worship a higher being while Blood Knights idolize champions and other high exceptional vampire warriors.

Tbh, same with the Draconians except they just don't give enough of a damn (hence their stereotypes), so they just 'worship' what they see as the symbolic representation of their view of the universe: energy on one side, matter on the other. Whilst clearly false from a modern perspective, it's much closer than most religions get.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Prusslandia wrote:Hmm. What's everyone's thoughts on a House of purity-obsessed sorcerer-kings/wych-warriors? I'd stray away from anything OP, of course, but I'm surprised to see such a House absent from the roster.

I guess we're just too...err..something for cliches.
Please Watch

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Prusslandia wrote:Hmm. What's everyone's thoughts on a House of purity-obsessed sorcerer-kings/wych-warriors? I'd stray away from anything OP, of course, but I'm surprised to see such a House absent from the roster.

"What is this? A Higher Vampire reincarnated?" - every lesser vampire ever
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Sraelyn wrote:

If the militia is comprised of adult males, and the tribe is quite centralized, 5000 sounds about right.
Take into account that you would probably be able to levy all those men as a standing army for short periods of time, as they would be unable to hunt, or gather, or whatever lizardmen do to survive.

Rule of thumb: 1/15 of the total population can be mantained as a peacetime standing army in a medieval setting. And about 1/4 can be levied during war for a couple of weeks.

Remember also that a lot of reptiles are much less sexually dimorphic than mammals, which is what I'm going for, so the army will be likely made up of males and females. But yes, Nichithe is on the warpath, so that's mostly just for a raised army while he's doing that.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Anything from being at constant loggerheads with my House (including my House blaming yours for the rumors that they resort to inbreeding to make sure the family maintains magic since "ignorant southerners think all magi are the same") to neutral, to polite relations between the two magic families.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 pm

If someone wants to make a Discord server or IRC, I wouldn't mind it. It certainly would make things easier.

I didn't finish my IC post, yet, and it's getting late and I have stuff to do in the morning. I'll post tomorrow in the IC. Please be patient and try not to move too far ahead without me.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 pm

https://discord.gg/CQfBDE2

Discord if anyone is interested, I’ll hand ownership over to VOID if they hop on.

VOID what is the state of magic in the kingdom?
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Prusslandia wrote:https://discord.gg/CQfBDE2

Discord if anyone is interested, I’ll hand ownership over to VOID if they hop on.

I have no particular antipathy towards discord, and am actually part of a few NS RP discords, but really, an RP discord has to be mandatory or not exist at all. If it exists only to a few, things will be discussed there that will have an impact on the RP as a whole and a large segment of the RP will lose out on that.

Just my two cents. I'm not sure this will work out.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse