NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

So The Patriots are going to the Superbowl. Not looking forward to having to cheer for any team this year.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you, Vinateri!?

Obviously drugs, and old age.

In other news, it's over really.

No... No... No!

It was clearly the Super Bowl III 50th anniversary jinx. Some things are just so horrible that no matter how much time goes by you still can't get away from them, lol.

Way to go Indianapolis Horse Thieves, WAY TO GO! As we used to say back in Baltimore the last 13 years they were there, same old sorry ass Colts. :o
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:06 pm

I hope that the Pats lose tomorrow, I don't want to be rooting for the NFC again for like the 5th time in a row.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

No... No... No!

It was clearly the Super Bowl III 50th anniversary jinx. Some things are just so horrible that no matter how much time goes by you still can't get away from them, lol.

Way to go Indianapolis Horse Thieves, WAY TO GO! As we used to say back in Baltimore the last 13 years they were there, same old sorry ass Colts. :o

The Colts gave us two dud playoff games this year- one where they were blown out, and the other where they were doing the blowing out. Good riddance to them.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Kohr wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
No... No... No!

The Colts gave us two dud playoff games this year- one where they were blown out, and the other where they were doing the blowing out. Good riddance to them.

They shoot horses, don't they? :eyebrow:

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm

How about them Chief's, boys?

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:...Well, guess I'm rotting for whoever wins the NFC this year.

You aren't gonna root for a fellow AFC west team against NFC trash? I mean I know your a Bronco fan, but the Chief's aren't the Raiders!
:p

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Trollgaard wrote:How about them Chief's, boys?

They razzle dazzled!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...Well, guess I'm rotting for whoever wins the NFC this year.

You aren't gonna root for a fellow AFC west team against NFC trash? I mean I know your a Bronco fan, but the Chief's aren't the Raiders!

Horse sense is lacking today.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Trollgaard wrote:

"Fellow AFC West team" is why I'm not. Fuck any team in the west not named the Broncos.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

An Infinity Gauntlet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby An Infinity Gauntlet » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Saints are going to pull the pants down of the Eagles and punt them back to the crumbling infrastructure of the rust belt and then go on to win the Superbowl.

It's actually painful being so accurate when it comes to Superbowl predictions
Perfectly balancing political ideologies, as all ideologies should be
Pros:Thanos, Extermination of half the galaxy, and a liberal democracy
Cons:The Avengers, Thor's entire bloodline, Radicalism/Reactionarism. Lots of isms
don't make me snap you out of existence

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:24 pm

TOUCHDOWN RAMS!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 pm

An Infinity Gauntlet wrote:Saints are going to pull the pants down of the Eagles and punt them back to the crumbling infrastructure of the rust belt and then go on to win the Superbowl.

Maybe you can snap your fingers and make half of the Saints disappear?
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
An Infinity Gauntlet wrote:Saints are going to pull the pants down of the Eagles and punt them back to the crumbling infrastructure of the rust belt and then go on to win the Superbowl.

Maybe you can snap your fingers and make half of the Saints disappear?

Please no.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Is Cole Beasley injured or dead? Because I get the feeling the Cowboys have forgotten he exists. Cooper as well.

GET YOUR TWO-POINT CONVERSION NOW AND THEN DO THE EXTRA...

How are the Cowboys this stupid?
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:16 pm

BYE BYE, COWGIRLS.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Finally, bye bye Dallas, hope to never see your face in the playoffs next year!

Brittany Normandy Aquitaine
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittany Normandy Aquitaine » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Whole chat thinks patriots will steamroll the chargers, their out of their minds and forgetting the chargers right now dude

bosa and ingram are gonna collapse on brady, the chargers secondary will keep brady from throwing it up far and will force him to make small throws which will be stopped, boom, and all our offense has to do is utilize the run game in the colder weather and try to avoid making throws in the cold that could easily cause mess ups, keep the ground game and score from there, and surprise with some good passing plays

chargers ARE beating the patriots, and ARE beating the chiefs in the conference championship

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Dresderstan wrote:Finally, bye bye Dallas, hope to never see your face in the playoffs next year!

Yeaaaaah and they’re probably not gonna fire Jason Garrett either.

-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

No... No... No!

Nah fam, I'm going to go with the theory ya'll came up with a little while ago and say that voodoo was involved.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Brittany Normandy Aquitaine wrote:Whole chat thinks patriots will steamroll the chargers, their out of their minds and forgetting the chargers right now dude

bosa and ingram are gonna collapse on brady, the chargers secondary will keep brady from throwing it up far and will force him to make small throws which will be stopped, boom, and all our offense has to do is utilize the run game in the colder weather and try to avoid making throws in the cold that could easily cause mess ups, keep the ground game and score from there, and surprise with some good passing plays

chargers ARE beating the patriots, and ARE beating the chiefs in the conference championship

Nope.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Brittany Normandy Aquitaine wrote:Whole chat thinks patriots will steamroll the chargers, their out of their minds and forgetting the chargers right now dude

I agree to the extent that the Patriots won't roll through the Chargers. That's where it ends though.

Look, I know I'm often one to rip Brady in order to elevate Peyton, but let's be real here. Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa are the second best pass rush tandem in football. They are ferocious. The Chargers secondary is formidable. None of that matters. I mean dude, let's think logically. When has Brady ever taken a ton of shots downfield? He lives off of short, connect the dots passes, because he has a good not great arm, and he and Belichek have mastered the art of short routes. When he does take a shot, the secondary won't be able to do jack shit, because Rob Gronkowski will make them look like high schoolers when they leave the damn seam open. He's also unbelievable to watch manipulate the pocket, and it's not an exaggeration to say that he's mastered the game of football. This is one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL History, one of the greatest players in football's history, and one of the most iconic athletes ever. Let's not patronize him and say that he doesn't know how to deal with a solid pass rush and a moderately cold game that most of the NFL players aren't going to be wearing sleeves for.

Also, they're playing in Foxborough, where they always have. Brady and crew are used to it by now, and it's going to be around freezing, which really isn't that bad. If it's going to affect anyone, it will be the Chargers.

As for their offense, I think the 'run until they're afraid to tackle' thing is overplayed, and this is the Patriots. Going one dimensional against one of the best coaches in NFL history would be a disaster, and Stephon Gilmore, as I predicted, has developed into one of the best corners in football under Belichek, going from an unrefined athletic freak to the latter but with knowledge.

Tom Brady doesn't give a damn. Can he be beaten? Yeah, but you better hit him fast and hard. The only way the Chargers win this game is if Ingram and Bosa do what Demarus Ware and Von Miller did in the 2015 AFC Championship. That was one of the best games of football I've ever watched, and I don't think Brady, who I remember seeing bleeding, had ever or will ever taken that kind of a beating. And as good as these two dudes are, they aren't Miller and Ware, who will both be hall of famers, and they don't have Malik Jackson and Dereke Wolfe pushing the inside. They don't have two all pro corners on the outside with a stud duo at LB in Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall, or TJ Ward playing out of his mind at safety. Actually, they have Derwin James there, so maybe they've matched that defense on one front, at least.

Also, one more thing. This is the Patriots.

Yeah, actually, Kohr, if I picked the Chargers before, change it to the Pats. Please and thank you.
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:35 am

You seem to be forgetting that the football gods hate us all and will produce some bullshit to get the patriots to the SuperBowl as per usual.
This year it's more obvious how.
Their competition consists of two of the biggest chokers in all of Football: Andy "Full" Reid and Phillip "Big Pick" Rivers.
The only grace they have is that I hate Spanos and the city of LA more than I do Boston and Kraft.
I ain't "forgetting the chargers right now dude". I am remembering the Legacy of Failure that has always been the San Diego Chargers.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Palisede
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Palisede » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:04 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

You seem to be forgetting that the football gods hate us all and will produce some bullshit to get the patriots to the SuperBowl as per usual.
Their competition consists of two of the biggest chokers in all of Football: Andy "Full" Reid and Phillip "Big Pick" Rivers.
The only grace they have is that I hate Spanos and the city of LA more than I do Boston and Kraft.
I ain't "forgetting the chargers right now dude". I am remembering the Legacy of Failure that has always been the San Diego Chargers.

Seems a certain youtuber aka UrinatingTree is becoming more the norm :lol2: but I digress. You are right about the NFL's "Diamond Dogs" in the LA Chargers and it's Legacy of Failure, it's been a while since they've gone to the superbowl and most of that is due to them choking at the AFCCG, or in the Divisional or even Wild Card rounds. I pray that I am wrong though and that they do overcome the Patriots.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 am

Palisede wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:You seem to be forgetting that the football gods hate us all and will produce some bullshit to get the patriots to the SuperBowl as per usual.

Seems a certain youtuber aka UrinatingTree is becoming more the norm :lol2: but I digress. You are right about the NFL's "Diamond Dogs" in the LA Chargers and it's Legacy of Failure, it's been a while since they've gone to the superbowl and most of that is due to them choking at the AFCCG, or in the Divisional or even Wild Card rounds. I pray that I am wrong though and that they do overcome the Patriots.

Thank You Hockey Thread and The Washington Capitals: A Legacy of Failure.
I eagerly await The Arizona Cardinals: The Ultimate Legacy of Failure and the LA Clippers: The Ultimate Legacy of Failure
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General