NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIV: Join the Friendkorps

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Camelone wrote:I've always had this fascination with constructed languages ever since I was introduced to Esperanto and my own imagination always thought that breaking the three main languages of North America, English, Spanish, and French into their original Germanic roots and adding loanwords from Native American languages would be a cool project. I've begun to think that a constructed language could be a way to forge a new identity but it would hopefully be open sourced and transparent, I know a very idealistic and pie in the sky thinking but it sounds like a fun project anyways. This is of course with America in mind.

I dream of a world where people only speak American English.

That's disgusting. English has seriously stupid rules and doesn't even sound that good compared to other languages like Arabic
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:20 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I dream of a world where people only speak American English.

That's disgusting. English has seriously stupid rules and doesn't even sound that good compared to other languages like Arabic

*STARES IN FRENCH*

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:22 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I dream of a world where people only speak American English.

English is the language of the global market, which makes it superior regardless of pleasantness.
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:That's disgusting. English has seriously stupid rules and doesn't even sound that good compared to other languages like Arabic

*STARES IN FRENCH*

French is abhorrent in sound and spelling.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Sirocca
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocca » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Joohan wrote:
Sirocca wrote:
Is that regarding me?

yes

Can you tell me more about it then?

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 pm

French is hard to pronounce as well.

Sirocca
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocca » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:55 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:French is hard to pronounce as well.

Yeah, it's not exactly my favorite language either.
Of course, not hating on the actual French or anything.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Besides for all the French crap about keeping it pure, it is just poorly pronounced Latin with bad grammar and spelling.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Novus America wrote:

Besides for all the French crap about keeping it pure, it is just poorly pronounced Latin with bad grammar and spelling.

Latin is perhaps the greatest language to ever exist. I can't think of one greater.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

Challenges you to duel in Irish, Chechen, Klingon.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Diopolis wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:That's disgusting. English has seriously stupid rules and doesn't even sound that good compared to other languages like Arabic

Challenges you to duel in Irish, Chechen, Klingon.

Irish people still speak Irish!?

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Diopolis wrote:Challenges you to duel in Irish, Chechen, Klingon.

About as many as speak Klingon. But it does sound pretty.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Sirocca wrote:
Joohan wrote:
yes

It's just a common theme that - eventually - NS ( specifically this thread ) turns moderate persons into extremist radicals with some kind of insane ideology.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Joohan wrote:
Sirocca wrote:

It's just a common theme that - eventually - NS ( specifically this thread ) turns moderate persons into extremist radicals with some kind of insane ideology.

Wait, is my ideology insane? If so, I apologize. :unsure:
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Latin is perhaps the greatest language to ever exist. I can't think of one greater.

Dude.

ARABIC
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Latin is perhaps the greatest language to ever exist. I can't think of one greater.

Dude.

ARABIC

Arabic writing is noteworthy for how awful it is, much like its overuse of vowels.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Latin is perhaps the greatest language to ever exist. I can't think of one greater.

Dude.

ARABIC

There is a reason why "Arabe" in French is also slang for "incomprehensible language".

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Camelone wrote:On the topic of language what is everyone's opinion on constructed languages and their uses in a political context, good, bad, the road to complete government control over how people speak and think?

I prefer natural, traditional languages over constructed languages. However, I do support governments setting up organizations to systematize and regulate existing languages, along the lines of the Academie Francais.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Dude.

ARABIC

Arabic writing is noteworthy for how awful it is, much like its overuse of vowels.

>"overuse of vowels"
You don't know how Semitic languages work do you? Arabic, like Hebrew, doesn't use vowels that much. You don't have to use the Harakaat (vowel markings) to write words

>"Arabic writing is bad"
You've just made a great enemy. Like, look at these beauties!
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Arabic writing is noteworthy for how awful it is, much like its overuse of vowels.

>"overuse of vowels"
You don't know how Semitic languages work do you? Arabic, like Hebrew, doesn't use vowels that much. You don't have to use the Harakaat (vowel markings) to write words

>"Arabic writing is bad"

The vowels are more of an issue with spoken Arabic. Hebrew writing is an eyesore for me, but it's marginally better than chicken scratch.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:>"overuse of vowels"

>"Arabic writing is bad"

The vowels are more of an issue with spoken Arabic.

Actually it's not because you know what someone is saying. When writing it doesn't use vowels so you have to guess what someone's saying.
Northern Davincia wrote:Hebrew writing is an eyesore for me, but it's marginally better than chicken scratch.

>Calling Arabic chicken scratch
Boy you waiting for somethin lol.

What makes Latin so good?
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Duchesteved
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duchesteved » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
The Right Wing Discussion Thread
Part XIV
Join the Friendkorps

"Don't be stupid, be a smarty! Come and join the Friendkorps party!" .

The dynastic cycle continues. It is true that the reason culture wars have seen crypto-fascism rise but not on our green hills, being a violation of both our NAP and trademarks. It is why these gentlemen in grey uniforms have sprung up all around our free cities in an effort to crush the hungry hammer and all the ills it prevails. Will you not join these fine lads restore order to the street? We have already recruited millions that have embarked on this esoteric adventure. In here we have the best music and the most profound thinkers that have finally gone beyond the question of why stuff costs money. Or maybe you don't like money. We got people among the ranks here who are just like that too! With good banter and a radiant smile we welcome anyone whom wish to partake through this march of reason and conservative principles, but we do also enjoy the odd funny-walks of those to our left and right. Whatever your purpose, please enjoy your stay and don't get in the way of our armoured cars.

Welcome all to the Right-Wing Discussion Thread (RWDT), a place where we discuss all matters appertaining to the right wing-spirit. This is the fourteenth instalment of the thread making it NS's most beloved and controversial spots to engage in deep discussions that will no doubt bring fourth the fruits of wisdom and change your life. We ask the users to go by a dual-principle of being lenient towards the topic, but also understanding if things really get too off-topic and if necessary correct themselves. In particular, be cautious not to have too extended theological debates if it has little to do with the sphere of right wing policies in general. We thank you for your understanding.

Suggestions for improvements, changes, or additions is as always welcome.

Relevant subjects for discussion include:

• The politics, philosophies, and ideologies of the right.
  • Right-wing perspectives on economics and political economy.
  • News and history relevant to the political Right.
  • Right-wing responses to current events.
  • Right-wing perspectives on social and economic problems.
  • Political, social, cultural, and economic problems and their solutions according to the political Right.
  • The problems facing particular Right-wing movements or the political right in general, and how to resolve them.

Previous Iterations:
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Poll History:

Poll 1: Is Cultural Marxism a Problem? (Jochistan) - 54% Voted Yes
Poll 2: Favourite Right-Wing Politicians? (Kauthar) - 25% voted Donald Trump
Poll 3: Favourite Right-Wing Autocrats (Unnamed Island State) - 45% voted Vladamir Putin
Poll 4: Best Right-Wing Countries (Kauthar) - Putin's Russia 21%
Poll 5: Best Right-Wing Idealogue (Legitimists)

Poll 1: What Right-Wing Ideology do you adhere to? - 55 votes for Libertarian
Poll 2 Favourite Right-Wing Economic System - 31 votes for Neoliberalism
Poll 3: Favourite Right-Wing Dictator - 18 Votes Kai Shek and Pinochet
Poll 4: Favourite Right-Wing Dictator PART 2 - David Cameron 49%
Poll 5: Prominent Right-Wing NSers/Favourite Future Right-Wing Dictator - Old Tyrannia 39 votes/29%
Poll 6: Favourite Fictional Right-Wing Dictators - Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) 43 Votes/23%

Poll 0.1: Continue the Old Poll Y/N
Poll 1: Favourite Right-Wing Ideologies - Libertarianism/Minarchism

Poll 1: Favorite Centre-Right Parties - Republican Party (US) 39%
Poll 2: What should be the most important core value of a state ideology? Liberty 47%

Poll 1: Which piece of literature has been most significant to the development of right-wing ideology? - Reflections on the Revolution in France 68/237 (29%)
Poll 2: Favourite constitutional/government models? - US 166/528 (31%)

Poll 1: If you could reverse the outcomes of one of these events, which one would it be? - The Russian Revolution 116/343 (34%)
Poll 2: If you could ensure the survival of one empire at their height, which would it be? - The Roman Empire 119/495 (24%)

Do you drink alcohol and what's your opinion of it?
No, and I have a negative opinion of it. It should remain legal. - 57 (36%)
Total Votes: 157 (Recorded 09/01/2017)

Poll 1: Which of the following Trump picks are you most happy with? And are you overall satisfied with them? - James Norman Mattis 92/384 Terrible picks, what have we gotten ourselves into. 97/384
Poll 2: Is Islam compatible with western civilisation? No - 102/330. If reformed yes - 102/330
Poll 3: Which side, for the sake of mankind, should have won WW1? The Allied Powers - 225/385
Poll 4: Was the Reformation a good thing? Yes - 146/287

Poll 1: If you could alter or overturn one of these treaties, which would it be? Treaty of Versailles - 365/564

Poll 1: What stance do you take on immigration? Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Melting-pot model. - 204/814

Poll 1: Which Kievan/Novrogrodian/Russian/Soviet leader was the greatest? Peter I The Great. 66/210

Poll 1: Which Japanese Shogunate was the most glorious? - MacArthur Shogunate :'). 289/450

Reading Suggestions:
If you’re looking to read something relevant to right-wing politics, consider reading some of the texts below. If you think something’s missing from this list, please post a recommendation. If you think something should be removed, please explain why.

• ”Leviathan”
    — Thomas Hobbes. (Read Here)
  • ”Two Treatises of Government”
    — John Locke. (Read Here)
  • ”The Protestant Work Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism.”
    — Max Weber.
  • ”Reflections on the Revolution in France”
    — Edmund Burke. (Read Here)
  • ”The Wealth Of Nations”
    — Adam Smith. (Read Here)
  • ”Essay on the Generative Principle of Political Constitutions and other Human Institutions”
    — Joseph de Maistre. (Read Here)
  • ”Rerum novarum”
    — Pope Leo XIII. (Read Here)
  • ”The Crisis of the Modern World”
    — Rene Guenon. (Read Here)
  • ”The Doctrine Of Fascism”
    — Benito Mussolini. (Read Here)
  • ”The Conservative Mind”
    — Russell Kirk.

If you’re interested in discussing matters relating to the political left, we recommend the Venezuelan experience. Guaranteed to lose weight.

I wanna join

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:The vowels are more of an issue with spoken Arabic.

Actually it's not because you know what someone is saying. When writing it doesn't use vowels so you have to guess what someone's saying.
Northern Davincia wrote:Hebrew writing is an eyesore for me, but it's marginally better than chicken scratch.

>Calling Arabic chicken scratch
Boy you waiting for somethin lol.

What makes Latin so good?

Latin is pleasant to read, easy to adopt in script, and sounds majestic to the ear. Arabic does sound nice in prayer, I will admit that.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Diopolis wrote:Challenges you to duel in Irish, Chechen, Klingon.

Éirinn go Brách?
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 am

Northern Davincia wrote:French is abhorrent in sound and spelling.

That's German.

Novus America wrote:Besides for all the French crap about keeping it pure, it is just poorly pronounced Latin

That's Italian.

with bad grammar and spelling.

And that one is actually just English. :^)
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:17 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Dude.

ARABIC

There is a reason why "Arabe" in French is also slang for "incomprehensible language".

The only thing Reubeu is decent at is exclamations.
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General