NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Too bad we're mostly technological rather than magic. I'll start to build armies that use only firearms soon enough...

No you wont, the tech cap for even the most advanced regions is like Early 1500s

Technological progress happens. And just like the end of the medieval era, technological development will turn from spears to swords in thousands of years to guns to nuclear weapons in a few hundred. Basically, technological progress picks up just after the medieval era. We'll be Kardashev 2 by the time my character's dead unless he gets killed in battle very prematurely.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well, you gotta know that not everyone has the feudalistic style knight retinues anymore. If im correct, the most advanced places would have an tech level around the late 15th and Early 16th centuries

CHIVALRY IS TIMELESS - but yeah basically feel like being a minor landed noble / knight playing the loyal bannerman.

Well while knights don't exist in the North-East (the Velira Lands/Vlka) (just landed vassals and serfs mostly) I would always welcome vassals if you wanted/needed to, haven't finished the lore post yet but to summarize the lands, somewhat isolated (it is northern after all), part viking, part Space Wolf (which are admittedly vikings in space), very feudalistic, lots of villages and few cities, gigantic forest with monsters living in it, and dwarves living under a bunch of mountains close to the capital city. :P Oh and magic. :D

The Hierophancy wrote:
Skarten wrote:
Well, It depends. Its a Desert laying in essentially the most valuable trade route of Gaia, speaking in terms of Gold. You could be the Chieftain or something of the nomads, who happened to take up banditry. You might find that a Lot of Nobles could use an Warlord. You could even receive a title. Who knows...

Speaking of regions, is there a world map?

Nope. The OP admits he isn't good at making maps and neither am I. :P

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Now, how does one make the planet colder? Or at least one region...Makes it less hospitable to invaders.

You get all the Ice mages in the Vigil of Magi of Vlka together and convince them to spend however long casting spells to create a blizzard.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
Magic

Too bad we're mostly technological rather than magic. I'll start to build armies that use only firearms soon enough...

The North will always have its magic!

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Skarten wrote:No you wont, the tech cap for even the most advanced regions is like Early 1500s

Technological progress happens. And just like the end of the medieval era, technological development will turn from spears to swords in thousands of years to guns to nuclear weapons in a few hundred. Basically, technological progress picks up just after the medieval era. We'll be Kardashev 2 by the time my character's dead unless he gets killed in battle very prematurely.

It's gonna be a few centuries till Full fireweapons armies. And your character doesnt seem to be making the wisest decisions,so...
Last edited by Skarten on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Magic

Too bad we're mostly technological rather than magic. I'll start to build armies that use only firearms soon enough...

The North will always have its magic![/quote]
Not if my firearms have something to say about it. You used to be part of the Draconian Empire. All hail Eproux!
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

So good people - I'm planning to attack a small settlement close to the forests where the Lizardfolk live - mostly as a declaration of intent more than a full-out invasion or assault. Likely we'd return to the forests leaving not a trace once we finish, and will take advantage of the lack of significant guarding to wreak havoc there. Anyone willing to offer a settlement as tribute?

EDIT: Probably should be a human settlement.
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Skarten wrote:No you wont, the tech cap for even the most advanced regions is like Early 1500s

Just going to comment on that it seems like we are stuck in medieval stasis considering the fact that the Empire is over ten millennia old. But regardless whether or not firearms exist or get invented in the RP or we just use gunpowder for fancy fireworks, is up to VOID. Some of us like keeping things medieval fantasy after all. :P

Tasuirin wrote:So good people - I'm planning to attack a small settlement close to the forests where the Lizardfolk live - mostly as a declaration of intent more than a full-out invasion or assault. Likely we'd return to the forests leaving not a trace once we finish, and will take advantage of the lack of significant guarding to wreak havoc there. Anyone willing to offer a settlement as tribute?

Realistically I think my territory is too far away and cold for lizards to live in its forests (not to mention the forests are already inhabited by monsters up here and villagers). So not it. :P Someone else want to take Tasuirin up on it?
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm

The Rumor, The Myth, The Legend

The Guardian of The Pit

Below the thunders of the upper deep,
Far, far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides; above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge sea worms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

Deep under the heart of Atheo, lies an ancient and dark secret. In the underbelly of the city, circling through the pit and the dark chasms below, awaits a terrifying beast of legend. Thousands of years old, the Guardian of the pit is said to be as ancient as the prison it guards. The Guardian, whose only known loyalties are to the Prison Warden, is said to be an unsightly and unholy abomination. The universe itself having cast it out when everything was young, as a wicked mistake. The beast, which now holds unholy connotations, prowls the depths to this day guarding inmates who do not exist, for a warden who has left long ago promising to come back one day.

Last edited by Bla Ary on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Technological progress happens. And just like the end of the medieval era, technological development will turn from spears to swords in thousands of years to guns to nuclear weapons in a few hundred. Basically, technological progress picks up just after the medieval era. We'll be Kardashev 2 by the time my character's dead unless he gets killed in battle very prematurely.

Just going to comment on that it seems like we are stuck in medieval stasis considering the fact that the Empire is over ten millennia old. But regardless whether or not firearms exist or get invented in the RP or we just use gunpowder for fancy fireworks, is up to VOID. Some of us like keeping things medieval fantasy after all. :P

I mean, IRL, mankind was stuck stabbing each other with spears and swords, whilst wearing metal armour for thousands of years, so I wouldn't put it to us being stuck in the medieval period.
Please Watch

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:02 pm

I'm working on an IC post and will try to post ICly before bed tonight. I'll read thru the IC since my last post and try to interact with people who've interacted with Jonathan.

Anyways, I think I may need help managing this thread. Later tonight, I'm gonna send TGs to those I would like to “hire” as Co-OPs, so to speak. Those who reply in the affirmative will be announced as Co-OPs in the OOC. Their duties will mostly involve reviewing complete applications and accepting them, as well as forwarding me links to stuff that looks like it belongs in the Lore Post to make my job easier when it comes to updating it.

They may also be given the ability to moderate arguments - in that if they TG me about an argument that breaks out in the OOC, or a concerning post in the IC, I can tell them my opinion if I am busy and they will be able to pass that along.

That's all I wanted to say at the moment. Life's kinda hectic, so expect anyone I entrust with Co-OP status to be my eyes, ears, and - if need be - voice.

TGs to those who I would like to be Co-OPs will be sent out a little before or after I next post in the IC.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Think I'll be a nice Condottieri with noble aspirations and a modest company. If anyone wants to start with my contract that'd be cool, though if not I guess I'm cool with hanging around until needed.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:Think I'll be a nice Condottieri with noble aspirations and a modest company. If anyone wants to start with my contract that'd be cool, though if not I guess I'm cool with hanging around until needed.

I'm down.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Has my lore app for Montesquieu been accepted yet?

Also, no guns

I thought we were high medieval when gunpowder was too primitive for guns
Last edited by Union Princes on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
The Rumor, The Myth, The Legend

The Guardian of The Pit

Below the thunders of the upper deep,
Far, far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides; above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge sea worms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

Deep under the heart of Atheo, lies an ancient and dark secret. In the underbelly of the city, circling through the pit and the dark chasms below, awaits a terrifying beast of legend. Thousands of years old, the Guardian of the pit is said to be as ancient as the prison it guards. The Guardian, whose only known loyalties are to the Prison Warden, is said to be an unsightly and unholy abomination. The universe itself having cast it out when everything was young, as a wicked mistake. The beast, which now holds unholy connotations, prowls the depths to this day guarding inmates who do not exist, for a warden who has left long ago promising to come back one day.

(Image)

Fin

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 pm

I think the reasons why a Lesser Vampire isn't present at the coronation is either their rank is too low or the fact the Church don't like them.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Union Princes wrote:I think the reasons why a Lesser Vampire isn't present at the coronation is either their rank is too low or the fact the Church don't like them.

Well if Lord Carnifex saw them, as head of the Inquisition, they would most likely end up dead.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Zapatha wrote:
Union Princes wrote:I think the reasons why a Lesser Vampire isn't present at the coronation is either their rank is too low or the fact the Church don't like them.

Well if Lord Carnifex saw them, as head of the Inquisition, they would most likely end up dead.

That sounds about right

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

The Church don't like us either because we're 'heretics', 'heathens', and all that, but we're allowed. I think he just has a vendetta for you.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Tbh, this is going to go from your run-of-the-mill medieval fantasy RP to GoT pretty fast, especially with Carnifex and my character.

KING IN THE NORTH! KING IN THE NORTH!
Please Watch

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tbh, this is going to go from your run-of-the-mill medieval fantasy RP to GoT pretty fast, especially with Carnifex and my character.

Well seeing how past Kings in the North have faired in GoT, let's hope no weddings are planned anytime soon :p

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tbh, this is going to go from your run-of-the-mill medieval fantasy RP to GoT pretty fast, especially with Carnifex and my character.

So this RP is devolving from medieval fantasy to medieval fantasy with 40k overtones and people with Houses of the symbols of Space Marine Legions and GoT...

Zapatha wrote:

Well seeing how past Kings in the North have faired in GoT, let's hope no weddings are planned anytime soon :p

Well my character is unmarried but eh, not a goal at the moment, I just tend to play my noble characters as being unmarried. Plus just being more selective on where to hold the wedding, like at the Icy Keep, surrounded by his own army. Yeah that would work.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

So this RP is devolving from medieval fantasy to medieval fantasy with 40k overtones and people with Houses of the symbols of Space Marine Legions and GoT...

Zapatha wrote:Well seeing how past Kings in the North have faired in GoT, let's hope no weddings are planned anytime soon :p

Well my character is unmarried but eh, not a goal at the moment, I just tend to play my noble characters as being unmarried. Plus just being more selective on where to hold the wedding, like at the Icy Keep, surrounded by his own army. Yeah that would work.

Fun fact: People in Draconia are expected to have both male and female spouses.
Please Watch

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Zapatha wrote:Well seeing how past Kings in the North have faired in GoT, let's hope no weddings are planned anytime soon :p

I feel like ICly Atheo and your kingdom would be on good terms. You feel that?

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Fun fact: People in Draconia are expected to have both male and female spouses.

So, a lot of weddings?

"This is the best day of my life!"
"What about your other weddings?"
"Oh yeah... Twenty-first best day of my life!"
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Tasuirin wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Fun fact: People in Draconia are expected to have both male and female spouses.

So, a lot of weddings?

"This is the best day of my life!"
"What about your other weddings?"
"Oh yeah... Twenty-first best day of my life!"

Yeah, we're a polygamous culture....
Please Watch

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:34 pm

'Lo VOID, this seems rather interesting. Room for another noble house?

Additionally, do you have a Discord or IRC set up?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse