NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/IC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 am

Stonehollow Wine

Majordomo Conin Stanner was currently overseeing the production of his employer's products as the wine was poured into barrels and safely stored underground. Together with several scribes, he took records of every barrel of every drop of wine that was put into the cellar and taken out for shipments in the near future. The peasants were hard at work but at least shown pride in their daily accomplishments. Indeed, everyone here was a human that worked for a vampire, earning their salt to produce a drink simply known as Stonehollow Wine. Lesser Vampires could not be bothered to be creative with names. If a wine bottle bears a name that sounds like a location, most like it came from Ravyrnyra.

But alas, a short break in the counting allowed Majordomo Stanner to examine other areas of the estate such as the housing for the workers, the stables, and the integrity of the road infrastructure. However, a small commotion at the front gate has caught his attention. Visitors or perhaps lost souls seeking work was his first reaction as he walked over to the conversation. When Stanner walked over, he received a better view of the newcomers. One was a girl who was comfortably well-off with her silk black cloak and clean leather boots while the other girl was clearly in a poor state of affairs. The girl with a the black cloak declared herself a mage and wish to enter Montesquieu.

Majordomor Stanner came forward to take over the conversation. To the girls, he was bald, wearing tinted glasses, and was wearing enough colors on his clothing to indicate that he was the supervisor of this estate.

"Lady Willun," he greeted, "I am Majordomo Conin Stanner, and if you are seeking counsel with Sir Morr Grimm, count yourself lucky as he just was about to leave."

He gestured the girls to follow him. "Come this way to meet him."

"Even though I heard rumors of secret knowledge in Montesquieu," Stanner remarked, "Such things that the Night Lords of old would study sounds preposterous."
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 am

After exiting the conversation after some time, Liecsturn began to write a letter (This was quite a rare skill, as most of the Draconian kings/emperors, namely all of them except Hasperoux I, Erbatz I and Liecsturn II could read or write), condemning Carnifex, to be presented at the meeting. The letter, after several drafts and hours, ended up like this:

"To: Lord Jonathan XIV Carnifex

I and all signatories of this letter have found you unsuitable for the Imperial Throne. We find you to be incompetent and incapable of ruling the throne. Whilst the signatories of this letter are extremely diverse and have not agreed on a replacement candidate as of the time of writing, we all agree on one thing: Lord Carnifex, for the good of the Empire, should not rule the Empire. Apart from his complete and total will to build a reign of terror and desire to become a dictator, he is also extremely manipulative, and refuses to respect anyone but himself. He is narcissistic and decadent, not worthy of the imperial throne. He is found to be guilty of several hundred crimes, all of which are covered up by his centralisation and general tyranny over the guild, and this alone should disqualify him from ruling the Empire. Several of his crimes include counts of murder, heresy and corruption. He owns slaves and is rapacious, having an unquenchable thirst for power and dominance. Whilst I am no doctor nor priest, it could be also be said that Lord Jonathan could be a demon or mentally ill. All the signs point to a corrupt soul and a demonic heart. We, the signatories of this letter, hereby declare Lord Carnifex illegible for the throne."

He signed his name on it and placed his seal (Knowing that some of the lords wouldn't be able to read or sign the letter), passing it around to those he had spoken to earlier, and getting them to sign. He then walked up back into the conversation he was having earlier, and began to talk to them. He then, after ensuring he wasn't interrupting anyone, read out the letter, and so asked each and every one of them to sign or place their seal upon it.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Sir Aleksander Greifen

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:SNIP
"Consider that an invitation if you are ever in the neighborhood. But regardless I am happy to see friendly faces here even under such... sad circumstances."

"I would very much enjoy that, and I will make sure to take Lady Maria flying, your sisters must have grown quite a lot." He cleared his throat and his demeanor got more serious. "These are sad times indeed, and I fear the..."

Aleksander was interrupted by the one of the Throne-Guardian that stepped forward introducing Lord Aldrich, Master of the Grand Order of the Gaian Throne. He was a small, old man, who nonetheless had inmense power in deciding the next ruler. Lord Aldrich gave a small speech and gave start to a small feast that would precede the choosing of the new Emperor. Before much could be done though, Lord Carnifax started a toast in name of the late Empress, which was expected of the smooth-talking and decieving snake that he was. However most guests went along, as did Aleksander, out of respect for the now extict House Regine.

"As I was saying," he said as he turned towards Velarius, "I believe that regardless of who is chosen, there will..."
Zapatha wrote:SNIP
Randyll then turned to approach Duke Valarius who seemed to be talking to another nobleman….with a smile on his face.

“So, the rulers of the Icy Keep can smile.” he said in a friendly manner. He turned to Lord Carnifex’s direction and said “I can’t believe that some asshole like him will probably be our next emperor.

"They do quite often, Lord Lancelet. With the right company of course." He said with a friendly yet teasing tone to the newcomer. He didn't know the man personally but was told he was amongst the most pleasent of the southern lords, and so he would give him a chance.
"And I believe many share your sentiment. If Carnifax were to..."
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Liecsturn took a sip of wine and marched onto the conversation. "That's understating it. He acts more like a corrupt representative of some town than an actual candidate to be Emperor. I reckon I could do a better job." he joked, "And all my experience is fighting wars for hundreds of years. People love him yet don't see his corrupt side. His personality is like non-waterproof plaster in a stone castle. If one could expose him for the corrupt man he really is, well..."

Another man had decided to join the conversation, this time a Draconian general, which made the knight now fully drop his smile as Drsconians were not his predilect company. The general even joked about being a better emperor, and perhaps he would be better, not that it mattered as Aleksander would never allow it.
Zapatha wrote:"I'd have to agree with you there friend, though I'm not sure the Empire is in desperate need of someone whose occupation is fighting wars. If we're to overcome the tragedy of House Regine going extinct we need a leader and dynasty who will use peace and diplomacy as their greatest weapons, not war."

"On the contrary, war seems like an innevitability as..."
Woodstovia wrote:He kissed the cheek of Duke Valarius, Duke Randyll and some dragon looking thing he'd never heard of before. "It's so lovely seeing this meeting wasn't full of old greybeards" he beamed dazzlingly. "They'd probably try and nominate some old skeleton that did something mildly impressive during their youths." he laughed lightly before quickly moving on, talking at a rapid pace. "Duke Randyll it's a pleasure to see you, ah! It's Grand Duke now isn't it. Everyone has such flashy titles and I'm only a lord." he lamented "though perhaps at the end of the day I'll have a much nicer title." he winked, turning to Valarius "And you my dear friend I have the perfect gift for you! I brought a cask of my finest Aceiwynian wine. I hope to convert you and your kin from ale by the end of the night!" I wonder if they know what wine even tastes like, their palette is probably ruined from all the wolf piss they drink. The voice was louder now and Aerion had to suppress a snigger. "And you!" he said awkwardly, not recognizing any of the dragon-thing's pins or sigils. "You must forgive me but I have not yet had the pleasure of your acquaintance. It's surprising to see a non-human here."

Interrupted once again by a newcommer. Worse of all, it was Lord d'Autriche, a southern, pompous fool, that acted way above his rank, not even greeting Alexander when he arrived, and him too made a remark about being Emperor. Whatever friendly demeanor he had shown earlier was now compleately gone, replaced with a cold voice and a stern demeanor, as he remained largely silent.
Zapatha wrote:"Lord Aerion, the pleasure is all mine. As you well know however titles seem to breed titles, even though mine came at the expense of my father's life." he said, showing a smile though concealing his sadness about his father's passing. Lord Aerion however seemed to be a nice enough man, and Randyll let the small issue go.

"To be frank with both of you, I'd prefer some old skeleton over Lord Carnifex any day....." Randyll stopped midsentence, now thinking about what Aerion had said, "....but perhaps what the Empire needs is a young leader at its helm, not some 40 something year old half-wit who is famous only for some battle they took part in or Carnifex."

"Most options, young and old, are better than Carnifax. However I doubt that he will simply accept..."
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:He then casually strode to the group like a moving void and began to talk in his deep baritone voice, just after the Grand Duke spoke his opinion about the Carnifexes, “And I most certainly agree, Grand Duke.” he began, “We definitely need something fresh, and the Carnifexes are rotten.”. He then turned to the Grand Duke, his gaze setting upon him, “Young leader hmm? You’re quite young yourself Grand Duke Randyll.”.

And yet another man had decided to join the discusion. Rumour said that Lord Conradiner was a cruel and twisted man with a horrid face to go with it. That last part he could now attest to.
Aleksander's patience was running out and decided to abstain from making any further comment, and instead simply listening to the other lords for a bit longer, before opting to just go away

"If you'll excuse me, I'll take my leave now. Lord Lancelet and Lord Velira, it would be a pleasure to speak with you two later." And with that he left the group to wander around the hall, in seach of more pleasent company.

It seemed that if Lord Carnifax was to be elected, he would found a great deal of resistance as expected. If that was the case, to which other candidates would they rally towards? Duke Lancelet said he was not interested in the position, and Aleksander would not support a mere Count like Aerion, nor a general, even less a Draconian one. This left Valerius as the best candidate of those with whom he had spoken, as he was a High Duke, a Northener, and someone that he personally knew.

As he settled on another corner of the hall, his Uncle approached him, and with a mixture of sadness and anger on his face, he quietly spoke.
"The vultures are already plotting who will occupy a throne that's still warm. They either don't care or simply don't realize that in a week's time they will most likely be marching to war. And the rest of the Empire with them..."
That God's name is Abraxas

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:33 pm

After writing a letter and keeping it hidden somewhere securely on his clothes, he began to talk to some old military contacts, asking them if they would oppose Jonathan. Those who said that they would be loyal to Carnifex, he explained rumours of Daemonic cooperation and a 'bad personality', occasionally even handing out promises and bribes, as after all, all actions are means to an end. He used every argument at his disposal, even intimidating some of them using fearmongering and overpowering them, as many knew of his ruthlessness. Many called him a hypocrite, but to that he replied that he did not want to become Emperor, merely neutralise Jonathan. Sure, he may be ruthless, but at least he didn't have an overinflated ego or ambition of being an autocrat. Sure, he may be a sadist and a strategist, but he was no Machiavelli or slave master, but he did think to become one, as after all, the greatest tool of war is espionage and underhanded tactics. He knew that from his experience, seeing how many of his victories - and early defeats - were a cause of sneaky strategy and cunning. War is not a pleasant thing where men dance on the battlefield and perform great performances, like in plays, for it is the most brutal sport, the one in which the wolf hunts down the sheep, arrows rain and men fall like dominoes or flies. He was no young soldier smiling off as he went to war, he was a hardened general, one of several centuries old.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Sraelyn wrote:
Sir Aleksander Greifen

As he settled on another corner of the hall, his Uncle approached him, and with a mixture of sadness and anger on his face, he quietly spoke.
"The vultures are already plotting who will occupy a throne that's still warm. They either don't care or simply don't realize that in a week's time they will most likely be marching to war. And the rest of the Empire with them..."

High Duke Valerius

As he departs I frown slightly step aside from the group and gesture to my guard in the corner. "Sire?" He asks, approaching me carefully.

"Yes Ralaf. Please fetch Bjorn and..." I whisper the rest to him. "Also tell Harald that I want him to..." After I finish he grins at me. "Very well sire. I will make sure to do so." He beats his hand over his breastplate and departs and I return to the crowd. "Sorry, I needed my guard to take care of a matter from my lands."

Bjorn, Guard of the High Duke

I approach the person my Lord sent me to and I see that he is talking with, who I presume to be, his uncle. I wait until they seem to be done talking and approach given what I was told.

"Sir Aleksander?" I beat my fist over my heart and bow my head. "Bjorn of House Ralik, member of the High Duke's House Guard." I intone to identify my place. "His Excellency, wishes to apologize that all these, and I quote" I start with a smile "'preening nobles keep getting in the way of a discussion' and hopes you two will be able to talk and catch up more when the chance arises and hopes you have an excellent evening. Well as good as you can have amongst these southerners."

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Seeing Duke Valerius step aside, Randyll didn't particularly see much more reason to continue with this conversation. He didn't particularly care for any of the people remaining in the little circle of nobles, especially after Lord Aerion's comment about Lord Carnifex and the confirmation by Valerius about the draconian's army.

He greeted a few other southern nobles he knew in attendance, including the mayor of Oldsburg, his realm's greatest city.

"Lord Corbin, it's a pleasure to see you!" Randyll said excitedly, taking up the noble's handshake, "Same to you my lord, I should've expected for you to be here as well." said Lord Corbin, an older man in his 50s who towered above the young duke at around 6'4. Corbin had been his father's most trusted advisor and knew Randyll well, however the two had recently had a small feud where Lord Corbin had demanded for the city's taxes to be lessened but Randyll refused, stating that without those taxes the duchy wouldn't be able to support the large amount of expense it took to patrol the roads and other lands to keep trade flowing inside the great city.

"Well yes Lord Corbin, I was a great admirer of House Regine and came to pay my respects to them and try to help ease the succession." Remembering Duke Velira however, Randyll moved to end the conversation: "Excuse me my lord, I'm sure we can talk later today." he said. Randyll went to where Duke Valerius was and said:

"My apologies for that conversation earlier my lord, some lords and noblemen here seem more eager to acquire supporters than others." Randyll said, extending his hand out for a handshake "I want you to know however, if you present yourself as a candidate for the Gaian Throne you'll have my full support. No one else here is more qualified with handling this responsibility that House Regine left us with than you."

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Zapatha wrote:Seeing Duke Valerius step aside, Randyll didn't particularly see much more reason to continue with this conversation. He didn't particularly care for any of the people remaining in the little circle of nobles, especially after Lord Aerion's comment about Lord Carnifex and the confirmation by Valerius about the draconian's army.

He greeted a few other southern nobles he knew in attendance, including the mayor of Oldsburg, his realm's greatest city.

"Lord Corbin, it's a pleasure to see you!" Randyll said excitedly, taking up the noble's handshake, "Same to you my lord, I should've expected for you to be here as well." said Lord Corbin, an older man in his 50s who towered above the young duke at around 6'4. Corbin had been his father's most trusted advisor and knew Randyll well, however the two had recently had a small feud where Lord Corbin had demanded for the city's taxes to be lessened but Randyll refused, stating that without those taxes the duchy wouldn't be able to support the large amount of expense it took to patrol the roads and other lands to keep trade flowing inside the great city.

"Well yes Lord Corbin, I was a great admirer of House Regine and came to pay my respects to them and try to help ease the succession." Remembering Duke Velira however, Randyll moved to end the conversation: "Excuse me my lord, I'm sure we can talk later today." he said. Randyll went to where Duke Valerius was and said:

"My apologies for that conversation earlier my lord, some lords and noblemen here seem more eager to acquire supporters than others." Randyll said, extending his hand out for a handshake "I want you to know however, if you present yourself as a candidate for the Gaian Throne you'll have my full support. No one else here is more qualified with handling this responsibility that House Regine left us with than you."

I grasp the hand offered to me firmly and look into the Duke's eyes. and shake it. "You honor me with such words, Grand Duke Randyll." I say solemnly and let go of the hand and shake my head a little. "I know many would say it to seem humble so the words may be cheap but if I had to take the throne it truly would be to preserve House Regine's legacy and not out of lust for power, nor do I want to be Emperor for such cheap reasons. That is the responsibility that was grounded into me as a child." My laughter is dry though. "I'm afraid though it looks like I am going to have to put myself forward anyway since you turned down the idea, your House is a long one and loyal as well. I would love to say there are others more qualified than me but with what I know of the rest of the nobility I'm afraid that I can't claim that, plenty I hold respect for certainly but none I would bow to as my Emperor. Holing up in the Icy Keep would be something I can't do if the worst should come to pass anyway." I actually do smile slightly. "Though regardless of the outcome of this you are welcome to visit the Icy Keep sometime, we Northerners remember words and debts so even this is worth honoring in a visit someday. And trust me, most of us who live there are fully capable of smiling and laughing, we just tend to reserve it for things that deserve it."

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Ɲiçiŧe Ɲakēt-Xhāçiŧ
Ɲiçiŧe's Çīhasşaikīh,
Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h,
The Endless Forests

Nichithe poured over old maps of the area with a certain determination in his eyes. The human settlement which he looked at... It was small, relatively unguarded. At least, so old Srasain had reported when they traded the maps with the Tribe of the Forests. Of course, that was part of the reason why Nichithe was pouring over the maps. Sure, the maps were old, but generations of peace would have made the residents soft. It would have been unlikely that the defences would have improved in the time between then and now. The most likely was that their defences would be dilapidated, crumbling, falling apart. And with the letter Nichithe held in his hand... An invitation, sent to some other lord, to see the crowning of a new human emperor.

Nichithe could not help but smile at that. The humans and their politics were so... Quaint. Emperors came and Emperors left, but one thing which always seemed pervasive in human politics was the discontentedness over who was the Emperor. Whether it be thanks to the in-fighting of long-feuding groups of noble lords, or a plot against the highest noble in the country coming to a head, or even just general incompetence on the part of the Emperor themselves, when it came time for a new Emperor, humans seemingly could not help but lie in wait for the next one.

But now? The stratified succession, one which had remained for thousands of years, had fallen apart. Now, the humans fought once more, not over how to react to the Emperor, but over who the Emperor was. Such chaos, such confusion... It was a perfect time for the Lizardfolk to make their intentions known.

A knock on the hard wooden door which led to the Çīhasşaikīh. Two of Nichithe's Şīçīŧīťɛ guard went to the door and opened it, allowing those who had knocked to come in. Nichithe's two advisors, both important people in the village - Chixeheca Nashat-Hexith, whose name meant 'human killer', Nichithe's chieftain of war, and Xhasise Dahesith-Chihas, whose name meant 'orator to chiefs', Nichithe's political advisor. In Srasain society, a chief always had both, one at his right and one at his left, to keep the tribe balanced and not to stray too far to one side or another. Nichithe raised his arms in a traditional greeting.

"My friends, comrades, advisors... It is good to see you once more," Nichithe spoke ancient words, sealed in Srasain lore as among the most honorific of phrases. Nichithe touched his head to theirs, both in turn, a symbol of trust. Though they made the effort to meet regularly, with tasks as endless as the ones Nichithe gave, and with his duties keeping him busy also, they rarely had time to meet for extended periods.

Chixeheca, a fine woman of the tribe and one of the most skilled fighters and tacticians Nichithe had ever laid eyes upon, continued to hold her spear as she walked further into the Çīhasşaikīh. She smiled broadly as her chief honoured her. She had tattoos in red all across her body. She was known as a murderer in much of human society. How true that was depended on the definition. Her tribe too had been overrun by humans who wanted nothing more than to murder all Srasain. So she alone ambushed a large trading caravan, set them onto spikes and left them there to bleed out, a little present for the humans to find. She had earned her nickname by that action.

Xhasise, however, was a somewhat different person to the warlike Chixeheca, or even to the determined Nichithe. Some might argue that Nichithe needed no political or diplomatic advisor. However, the cordial Xhasise was an accomplished diplomat even by Nichithe's high standards. Unlike Nichithe and Chixeheca, Xhasise had been born into a tribe which had almost entirely adopted city life in 'civilised society'. As such, even those who had experienced the height of human innovation had to bow to Xhasise's knowledge of human custom, their ways and their strategies. His family had left the city with him when their oppression had become pervasive, and he had entered the company of Nichithe not much later. Even if Nichithe had no intention of dealing too strongly with humans and their ilk, Xhasise's knowledge would prove incredibly useful as it had many times before.

"We are grateful for your calling us here, my chief," the ever-diplomatic Xhasise gave the traditional response to Nichithe's greeting. Chixeheca scoffed.

"Pleasantries are all well and good, my chief, but I'm sure you have more urgent matters to attend to than protocol adherence," Chixeheca set her spear down on a nearby table, standing upright and placing her hands behind her back.

Nichithe nodded, "You are correct, warmaster. Indeed, I have brought you here to let you know about my intent to move forward with the plan at hand," he indicated the map.

Xhasise looked over it, followed by Chixeheca. The war chieftain smiled broadly, "Ah, good. A fight. I've been itching for a fight. Is this our target?"

"Watch that your eagerness does not become stupidity, Chixeheca," Xhasise warned, "I've seen plenty an army fall at the first hurdle."

Nichithe smiled, "We are, however, glad for your eagerness, Chixeheca," the chief looked back down at the map, "But my political advisor is correct. Hence, this town."

Both appeared somewhat confused, so Nichithe continued. He pointed at the defences in turn, "See this map? It's an old map. These defences may not even exist anymore. Since humans have grown to see us as no threat to them, I cannot think that their defences would have improved. Likely, they have only lessened. This settlement is the equivalent of a sick and dying beast, not a noble, proud creature which would gain us prestige."

While Chixeheca remained confused, Xhasise widened his eyes with understanding, "This is a declaration of intent, isn't it? To show the humans that we are not to be ignored, to increase their paranoia, bring them to see our cause as a real one."

Nichithe nodded, "But it's more than that," he stood up fully, put his arms behind his back, and strode around the room, "For many generations, our people have believed the humans unassailable. I reckon that is still why many hesitate to align with us. They see our cause as one of sure failure, one to which there is no merit to joining. If we can raid this town, slaughter its people and post a manifesto upon its walls, all who come to this town will see it, and will fear us. But for our brethren who are afraid to join us for fear of repercussion, they will see that we have caused the Empire loss, and they will flock to our banners.

He looked back over to the other two. Xhasise evidently understood, while Chixeheca still could not.

"Surely, though, to attack a greater settlement would bring more to our cause... Heck, the Imperial City..."

"Is far too well-defended to even attempt to attack," Xhasise interjected.

"Leave military matters to me, diplomat," the warchief hissed.

"Chixeheca, he is right," Nichithe spoke softly, carrying himself in a dignified manner, walking over to Chixeheca, "I have said many times, I value your fire, your resolve, but that would be a battle we cannot win. Not without an army comprising of many more members than even now," Chixeheca began to speak, but Nichithe stopped her, "I know. I have that aim, and one day we shall achieve it. Tearing down the walls of the city, declaring our independence from atop its fortifications... But for now, that must wait. See this as a field test of our army, to see how it works and how it does not. We can adapt from that for the future, and perhaps we shall even meet Emperors and Kings on the field of battle," Nichithe smiled, "But you must promise me that you will be patient. Be patient, and it shall be achieved."

Chixeheca closed her eyes in thought for a moment, before opening them, looking up to Nichithe and nodding. Nichithe stepped back from her, moving over to his own weapon, a long spear, clutching it in his right hand and wrapping his tail around the end, steadying it. He turned to face them both.

"This will not be a great conquest. This shall not be a battle to go down in our race's history for many generations to come. But it will be the spark that lights our path to independence, and it will prove that this bloated empire can bleed by our hands."

Chixeheca finally smiled at the sight of her chief becoming ready for war. Even Xhasise could not help but be encouraged that the plans were continuing to go ahead. The diplomat crossed his arms, contented with the strategy that would be undertaken to bring the humans to bear. Chixeheca picked up her own spear, gazing back to her chief.

"Now that, I can get behind."
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
High Duke Valerius

As he departs I frown slightly step aside from the group and gesture to my guard in the corner. "Sire?" He asks, approaching me carefully.

"Yes Ralaf. Please fetch Bjorn and..." I whisper the rest to him. "Also tell Harald that I want him to..." After I finish he grins at me. "Very well sire. I will make sure to do so." He beats his hand over his breastplate and departs and I return to the crowd. "Sorry, I needed my guard to take care of a matter from my lands."

Bjorn, Guard of the High Duke

I approach the person my Lord sent me to and I see that he is talking with, who I presume to be, his uncle. I wait until they seem to be done talking and approach given what I was told.

"Sir Aleksander?" I beat my fist over my heart and bow my head. "Bjorn of House Ralik, member of the High Duke's House Guard." I intone to identify my place. "His Excellency, wishes to apologize that all these, and I quote" I start with a smile "'preening nobles keep getting in the way of a discussion' and hopes you two will be able to talk and catch up more when the chance arises and hopes you have an excellent evening. Well as good as you can have amongst these southerners."

Sir Aleksander Greifen

Aleksander gave a small chuckle at the words said by the guard. "Thank you Lord Bjorn for bringing me forth this message. Tell Lord Velarius that his apology is appreciated but not needed. It is not his fault that impolite, lesser men, are drawn to speak to him. We will have further chances to talk, of that I am sure of." The knight took a large drink of his cup, which now was nearly empty, and looked at the guard with a slight smile. 'And don't worry, I'll find a way to enjoy my evening, the ale will surely help with that. Have a good night yourself."

As Bjorn turn around and started to walk away, Aleksander called out to him. "Oh Lord Bjorn! I'd like you to say something else to the High Duke from my part." He approached the guard, and in an instant all form of joviality left his face, leaving cold eyes and a serious demeanor, as he placed his hand on the man's shoulder. "Ask him where does he intend to 'sit' in the future. If it is at a higher position, he can count with the full support of the Duchy of Pommersk to make it so, I will make sure of it." Then, as if nothing had happened, he took a step backwards and flashed a smile. "Now I need to get some more of that ale. Enjoy your evening." And with that said, he simply walked away.
Last edited by Sraelyn on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That God's name is Abraxas

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:30 am

Union Princes wrote:
Stonehollow Wine

Majordomo Conin Stanner was currently overseeing the production of his employer's products as the wine was poured into barrels and safely stored underground. Together with several scribes, he took records of every barrel of every drop of wine that was put into the cellar and taken out for shipments in the near future. The peasants were hard at work but at least shown pride in their daily accomplishments. Indeed, everyone here was a human that worked for a vampire, earning their salt to produce a drink simply known as Stonehollow Wine. Lesser Vampires could not be bothered to be creative with names. If a wine bottle bears a name that sounds like a location, most like it came from Ravyrnyra.

But alas, a short break in the counting allowed Majordomo Stanner to examine other areas of the estate such as the housing for the workers, the stables, and the integrity of the road infrastructure. However, a small commotion at the front gate has caught his attention. Visitors or perhaps lost souls seeking work was his first reaction as he walked over to the conversation. When Stanner walked over, he received a better view of the newcomers. One was a girl who was comfortably well-off with her silk black cloak and clean leather boots while the other girl was clearly in a poor state of affairs. The girl with a the black cloak declared herself a mage and wish to enter Montesquieu.

Majordomor Stanner came forward to take over the conversation. To the girls, he was bald, wearing tinted glasses, and was wearing enough colors on his clothing to indicate that he was the supervisor of this estate.

"Lady Willun," he greeted, "I am Majordomo Conin Stanner, and if you are seeking counsel with Sir Morr Grimm, count yourself lucky as he just was about to leave."

He gestured the girls to follow him. "Come this way to meet him."

"Even though I heard rumors of secret knowledge in Montesquieu," Stanner remarked, "Such things that the Night Lords of old would study sounds preposterous."

Siona strode through the gates with confidence, taking up space next to the majordomo. She wasn't sure, but she hoped that by walking with instead of behind the majordomo would give her an air of professionalism and competence, lile she was more than experienced in this like this. Still, she couldn't look much worse than Rithi, who stared around the little estate with her mouth agape like a child in a candy shop. Often she would apin on her heels to take in the sights around her, and kept glancing at Siona as if she was trying to confirm that this place was as magnificent as it seemed. To Siona however, it was nice but not quite as regal. She had visited the colleges and for a brief period had lived in an estate like this. Instead, being in Stonehallow made her think of her old master, Joseh. He used to say "all of life is just a series of actions and consequences. We can't choose the consequences, but we can choose the actions, so choose wisely."

Siona wondered if she had chosen wisely. Though she came in peace, the rule of the vampires, and of Morr Grimm in particular was one of strict adherence to tradition, and she worried what the consequences might be if she disrupted that. So, she listened closely as Stanner spoke, trying her hardest to maintain the air of a stoic mage, versed in summoning and dream walking, rather than focus too much on her concerns about her choice. When Stanner finished speaking, Siona made her own opinions clear, trying to defend her desire to enter the library in such a way that would keep her seeming professional and detached.

"Well," she said, "all that may be true and there may be absolutely nothing of value in the Library. But, if there is nothing, why would the vampires guard it so dillegently? It just doesn't make sense to me, that they would expend resources on keeping outsiders and lesser vampires out of the library if there wasn't knowledge of value inside."
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am

"Interesting question, Lady Willun." Stanner remarked, "I had the same frustration too but I'm sure you will get the full answer from Sir Grimm himself."

Their short journey to the Lesser Vampire ended at the front door what seems to be the main house for the estate's owner. The majordomo knocked on the door three times but before he could announce the new arrivals, the door swung open with a force of a hurricane behind it. In the door frame was Morr Grimm himself wearing his Deathwatch plate armor with his helmet by his side and his sword hung from his back.

The armor was black and crude in design. Nothing majestic compared to the human knights of the Terran Empire. Simplistic yet imposing, like facing a wall of steel. The Lesser Vampire spoke no words with his tetth clenched and no emotion on his face yet his eyes were like an eagle focusing on Siona and Rithi. He then looked beyond them and glared at the employees, reducing their conversations to hushed whispers. It wasn't malice to his worker, Sir Grimm just wanted to remind them that this meeting was private.

He looked back them and waved a hand at Stanner, telling him to return to his duties. When it was just the three of them, Grimm simply closed the door before locking it and returned to face them. The silence was heavy and if they weren't going to speak first, he will leave them here for he had batter business to attend to.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Zapatha wrote:Seeing Duke Valerius step aside, Randyll didn't particularly see much more reason to continue with this conversation. He didn't particularly care for any of the people remaining in the little circle of nobles, especially after Lord Aerion's comment about Lord Carnifex and the confirmation by Valerius about the draconian's army.

I grasp the hand offered to me firmly and look into the Duke's eyes. and shake it. "You honor me with such words, Grand Duke Randyll." I say solemnly and let go of the hand and shake my head a little. "I know many would say it to seem humble so the words may be cheap but if I had to take the throne it truly would be to preserve House Regine's legacy and not out of lust for power, nor do I want to be Emperor for such cheap reasons. That is the responsibility that was grounded into me as a child." My laughter is dry though. "I'm afraid though it looks like I am going to have to put myself forward anyway since you turned down the idea, your House is a long one and loyal as well. I would love to say there are others more qualified than me but with what I know of the rest of the nobility I'm afraid that I can't claim that, plenty I hold respect for certainly but none I would bow to as my Emperor. Holing up in the Icy Keep would be something I can't do if the worst should come to pass anyway." I actually do smile slightly. "Though regardless of the outcome of this you are welcome to visit the Icy Keep sometime, we Northerners remember words and debts so even this is worth honoring in a visit someday. And trust me, most of us who live there are fully capable of smiling and laughing, we just tend to reserve it for things that deserve it."

"I might have to take you up on that someday my lord, I've never been up that far north before." Randyll said with a light laugh, adjusting his collar afterwords. Certainly seeing the Icy Keep would be something none of my ancestors have done before as well, though from what I've heard I should probably avoid the forests.

"I have to admit though my lord, I'm not sure how many other people here would have the same sentiments I do. What with Count Aerion believing he has any right to the throne and the other...." Randyll looked to the draconian that had entered the conversation earlier, "..undesirables in attendance. Not even speaking of the uphill battle we'd face with Lord Carnifex's supporters and the prospects of an actual battle what with the draconian's army outside the city gates."

Randyll turned to the Gaian throne and sighed, "It seems that the fate of our Empire will be determined in these next few days."

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Lord Arthurius IV Conradiner
the Grand Palace

As they continued speaking on things regarding the throne, he simply listened like any common man, waiting for a time to rejoin the conversation. Then it came, something about Count Aerion and his desire to become emperor of this fine land, currently being plagued by demons and tension but a fine land nonetheless. Anywya, he tthought that it was now a good time to throw in his opinion into the conversation, and that he did.

He stepped out of the shade, "A candidate who is weak and relies on others too much," he began, "And a unjust man as well, does not deserve to gain the throne.". He then had a thoughtful look on him, "Carnifex is both of these, if you use the rely on others argument with the rumors of demons." Arthurius told them bluntly, "And Aerion, well, if he does get the crown, you would have to deal with his spending, I bid good luck to the steward.". Then he placed his critical eyes upon Grand Duke Randyll, "You remind me of my deceased uncle Stephen when he was younger," he told him, "You are but a youngling however, and many will try challenging you for the throne due to your age.". He then loosened his eyes, "I bid you good luck.".

"As for me and the throne however," the Conradiner had started again, "I will not be chasing after it, only culling those who are unworthy, seated or no.".
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 am

Siona Willun, The Black Raven

Siona stood tall in the face of Sir Grimm, but Rithi seemed to wilt a little. Siona was jealous, but held her ground. She had come to his home and demanded his presence, it would not look good to back down now right in front of the man. He waited, watching them through intense and frightening eyes, but said nothing. Siona waited. She knew she was supposed to speak first, but she wanted to make her independence known through being just as immovable as this vampire was. She stared back at him, keeping her eyes impassive and thoughtful. She tried to keep any emotions out of them, letting her actions speak for her, before she opened her mouth and spoke.

“You must be Sir Morr Grimm of Gallowkeep,” she said. “It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Rithi shuffled her feet, her head down like a scolded puppy. She flicked her eyes between the other two, and was suddenly hit with the realisation of just what it was that Siona did. She had known of Siona, she was becoming fairly popular with the peasant populations, and they loved to tell tales about the young mage wandering the land and searching for knowledge to help the small people. But now, she saw the kinds of risks that that put Siona in. Sure, Siona was talented and a magical prodigy, but even then, she was only twenty two. She was no master of her craft, but Morr Grimm certainly was.

“This is my companion, Rithi,” continued Siona. “I teach her what I can, and in return she helps me in my travels.”

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:34 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:

Siona stood tall in the face of Sir Grimm, but Rithi seemed to wilt a little. Siona was jealous, but held her ground. She had come to his home and demanded his presence, it would not look good to back down now right in front of the man. He waited, watching them through intense and frightening eyes, but said nothing. Siona waited. She knew she was supposed to speak first, but she wanted to make her independence known through being just as immovable as this vampire was. She stared back at him, keeping her eyes impassive and thoughtful. She tried to keep any emotions out of them, letting her actions speak for her, before she opened her mouth and spoke.

“You must be Sir Morr Grimm of Gallowkeep,” she said. “It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Rithi shuffled her feet, her head down like a scolded puppy. She flicked her eyes between the other two, and was suddenly hit with the realisation of just what it was that Siona did. She had known of Siona, she was becoming fairly popular with the peasant populations, and they loved to tell tales about the young mage wandering the land and searching for knowledge to help the small people. But now, she saw the kinds of risks that that put Siona in. Sure, Siona was talented and a magical prodigy, but even then, she was only twenty two. She was no master of her craft, but Morr Grimm certainly was.

“This is my companion, Rithi,” continued Siona. “I teach her what I can, and in return she helps me in my travels.”

The eyes of the Lesser Vampire darted towards Rithi's direction when she was introduced. A stare like that could kill a bear if it was combined with a scowl. But after a moment of silence, Morr Grimm turned around and went back into his house. With the door closed on their faces, it would be a tense for them to decide their next course of actions. Perhaps their first impression wasn't good enough.

But the door opened again with Morr Grimm coming out and tossing a small wine bottle into Siona's hands. The bottle was labeled "Stonehollow" and and completely made of glass with the wine inside the came color of human blood. The scent of the wine was strong even if the cap was sealed shut. "For your troubles in coming here." Grimm grumbled, almost blaming himself for not being a proper host.

Walking up to them, he simply asked: "You have horses? I have business to attend to and it would be best if you accompanied me."

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am

Raz AuLune, Elder of the seaside city of Ares

Raz rode fiercely down the trail to the capital, thundering on towards the palace. His feet ached, and his stomach rumbled from the days without rest or nutrition. It had been 3 nights since he took this odd job. Some Charcharions had the Atheo tribute coffers for the Empire. Needed them delivered asap. Were paying big bucks. It was highly unusual. Usually they delivered these themselves. But they where paying big bucks for someone else to do it. Raz wasn't sure what was in these crates, but whatever it was it reeked of ocean, and... poop? Whatever it was, it smelled like a whale had died. Though from what Raz knew of Atheo, that likely wasn't far from the case. Whatever it was, he had a strong feeling it was far less valuable to him than to the Theonians. A mysterious people. And creepy. With their gills, and the fins where there shouldn't have been anything at all.

Raz poured into the city and slowed, passing through the crowds easily. He had been here before. The people, the majesty, it all wore off over time. Now, he was only concerned with getting payed. The fish people had told him that the empire would pay him for the delivery.
As he reached the gate, Raz announced himself in a relaxed manner.
"I bring the Atheo tributary coffers."
The guard looked confused. This was far to early for the coffers. A good 3 weeks ahead of time. Regardless, he rushed for the court, and brought back... something. Like a statue. But Alive. By this point, the coffers had been loaded off, and the smell had grown much much stronger in the sun and dry air.
"The Theonians told me the empire would pay me for the delivery of these coffers, no questions asked," Raz demanded holding out his hand.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 am

Union Princes wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

The eyes of the Lesser Vampire darted towards Rithi's direction when she was introduced. A stare like that could kill a bear if it was combined with a scowl. But after a moment of silence, Morr Grimm turned around and went back into his house. With the door closed on their faces, it would be a tense for them to decide their next course of actions. Perhaps their first impression wasn't good enough.

But the door opened again with Morr Grimm coming out and tossing a small wine bottle into Siona's hands. The bottle was labeled "Stonehollow" and and completely made of glass with the wine inside the came color of human blood. The scent of the wine was strong even if the cap was sealed shut. "For your troubles in coming here." Grimm grumbled, almost blaming himself for not being a proper host.

Walking up to them, he simply asked: "You have horses? I have business to attend to and it would be best if you accompanied me."

Siona did her best to not appear surprised as the bottle hit her hands, but it was in vain. She had only ever heard of Stonehollow wine, never dreamed of ever holding it, let alone owning a bottle. It was the wine of kings and lords, not itinerant mages and their scrappy apprentice. She held it delicately, watching the liquid inside. It was the deepest red she had ever seen, almost black, like a bottle of blood, and she could smell the wine even still corked. She had the fight the urge to sit down right there on the floor and start drinking, instead tucking it lightly into her pack. “Thank you,” said Siona. She looked back up at Morr Grimm, and noted the shift in atmosphere once he had brought the wine. He still seemed gruff, but suddenly a lot less frightening. A little like a stern grandfather.

He walked up to Siona and Rithi, and asked if they had horses. Siona shook her head, taping her hand on her sword as she thought. She was gaining her composure again, but the look of mild surprise still lingered. She didn’t worry to much about hiding it now though, the ice had been well and truly broken at this point as far as she was concerned.

“No, we don’t have horses,” said Siona. “I’ve always walked.”

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:24 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:Siona did her best to not appear surprised as the bottle hit her hands, but it was in vain. She had only ever heard of Stonehollow wine, never dreamed of ever holding it, let alone owning a bottle. It was the wine of kings and lords, not itinerant mages and their scrappy apprentice. She held it delicately, watching the liquid inside. It was the deepest red she had ever seen, almost black, like a bottle of blood, and she could smell the wine even still corked. She had the fight the urge to sit down right there on the floor and start drinking, instead tucking it lightly into her pack. “Thank you,” said Siona. She looked back up at Morr Grimm, and noted the shift in atmosphere once he had brought the wine. He still seemed gruff, but suddenly a lot less frightening. A little like a stern grandfather.

He walked up to Siona and Rithi, and asked if they had horses. Siona shook her head, taping her hand on her sword as she thought. She was gaining her composure again, but the look of mild surprise still lingered. She didn’t worry to much about hiding it now though, the ice had been well and truly broken at this point as far as she was concerned.

"Now that will not do for your journey, is it?" Morr Grimm grumbled as he raised an eyebrow to Siona's response. "Come. I'll soon rectify that."

The Lesser Vampire marched his way over to the stables causing the stable boy to feverishly bring out a fresh clean horse for the vintner. He had light brownish hair with freckles and a smile had too many crooked teeth in it. "Bring out a saddle." Grimm commanded to which the stable boy grabbed one and attached it to the horse.

Grimm turned to the girls and said "Get on." before he kept his distance from the mount. "The beast wont bite. It know better." Horses, like some animals, do not like the preciseness of vampires riding them and this brown and white spotted horse was no different as it waited anxiously for Morr Grimm to leave it alone.

It was then when Majordomo Stanner arrived to give the Lesser Vampire a sack with a large wine bottle inside. "With all due respect, for your journey." Stanner bowed before he return his duties to the estate.

Fling the sack to his waist, Sir Morr Grimm then proceeded to summon his own mount while Siona and Rithi get to watch. After whispering a few ancient verses too quiet to be overhead by the girls, an ethereal beast burst out of the ground in a flurry of black smoke and silver mists. A saddle was already on it, indicating Morr Grimm's control over this unholy terror.

With its mane made of eternal smoke, its eyes of burning coal, its sleek coat absorbing sunlight around it and steam erupting from its body, it was clearly a Nightmare. The mounts the Lesser and Higher Vampires used and will forever use since the dawn of recorded history. Grimm gruffly mounted onto of his horse causing the beast to give a cry of a dozen damned souls burning in the embers of their sins. It even spooked the horse that carried the girls a bit.

"Let us move." Grimm commanded as he rode his way to the estate's exit while the Nightmare left ash and cinder in every step of its wake. "Gallowkeep awaits us"

The journey was pleasant as the bandit problem that plagued the roads ages ago were long since resolved thanks to the diligence of the Lesser Vampires. After all, the paths were laid out with Roses, Irises, Marigolds, Daisies, Foxgloves, Cowslips, Peonies and Snowdrops while trees of Oak, Hornbeam, Redwood, Ash, and Silverbirch made terrific shades for any traveler wanting to relax. While Ravyrnyra pride itself in winery, many cattle and sheep farmers found their fortunes there since the Lesser Vampires guaranteed the safety of their livelihoods. As long as taxes are paid and responsibilities and obligations to the law are met with satisfaction, Lesser Vampires would happily let the humans live their own lives however they see fit.

As the trio rode onto of a small rising hill, they could see a ranches, vineyards, and castles in all directions. One of them, however, stood above the rest: Montesquieu.

"That's the ancient library where the Vampire Counts hoarded their knowledge and ambitions." Sir Grimm spat when he saw Siona stare at the tower out of the corner of his eye.

He then moved on forcing the girls to follow after him. The road then soon became covered in hoof prints of many horses with layers of ash and cider. Grimm could only grimaced at the sight but nonetheless did not slow down. After a while, the girls would witness a 12 ft tall statue off the the left of the road attended by no more that two dozen Lesser Vampires in Deathwatch or Blood Knight armor. Their helmets were off granting the girls a good look at their faces.

It wasn't a pleasant sight: one vampire knight lost his nose, clearly bitten off by some animal; others had an eyepatch or had an empty eyesocket; they all had a scar somewhere on their faces with some hair on their heads. They were clearly treating this like some sort of ceremony, a solemn one so far, yet they all brought bottles of wine of varying shapes, sizes, and color.

Morr Grimm went over to where the other Nightmares stood by lazily and dismounted, all while he seemingly forgotten Siona's and Rithi's presence behind him. Upon further inspection on the statue, the girls would realize the statue was Drakula von Krieg, the first Night King.
Last edited by Union Princes on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:Siona did her best to not appear surprised as the bottle hit her hands, but it was in vain. She had only ever heard of Stonehollow wine, never dreamed of ever holding it, let alone owning a bottle. It was the wine of kings and lords, not itinerant mages and their scrappy apprentice. She held it delicately, watching the liquid inside. It was the deepest red she had ever seen, almost black, like a bottle of blood, and she could smell the wine even still corked. She had the fight the urge to sit down right there on the floor and start drinking, instead tucking it lightly into her pack. “Thank you,” said Siona. She looked back up at Morr Grimm, and noted the shift in atmosphere once he had brought the wine. He still seemed gruff, but suddenly a lot less frightening. A little like a stern grandfather.

"Now that will not do for your journey, is it?" Morr Grimm grumbled as he raised an eyebrow to Siona's response. "Come. I'll soon rectify that."

The Lesser Vampire marched his way over to the stables causing the stable boy to feverishly bring out a fresh clean horse for the vintner. He had light brownish hair with freckles and a smile had too many crooked teeth in it. "Bring out a saddle." Grimm commanded to which the stable boy grabbed one and attached it to the horse.

Grimm turned to the girls and said "Get on." before he kept his distance from the mount. "The beast wont bite. It know better." Horses, like some animals, do not like the preciseness of vampires riding them and this brown and white spotted horse was no different as it waited anxiously for Morr Grimm to leave it alone.

It was then when Majordomo Stanner arrived to give the Lesser Vampire a sack with a large wine bottle inside. "With all due respect, for your journey." Stanner bowed before he return his duties to the estate.

Fling the sack to his waist, Sir Morr Grimm then proceeded to summon his own mount while Siona and Rithi get to watch. After whispering a few ancient verses too quiet to be overhead by the girls, an ethereal beast burst out of the ground in a flurry of black smoke and silver mists. A saddle was already on it, indicating Morr Grimm's control over this unholy terror.

With its mane made of eternal smoke, its eyes of burning coal, its sleek coat absorbing sunlight around it and steam erupting from its body, it was clearly a Nightmare. The mounts the Lesser and Higher Vampires used and will forever use since the dawn of recorded history. Grimm gruffly mounted onto of his horse causing the beast to give a cry of a dozen damned souls burning in the embers of their sins. It even spooked the horse that carried the girls a bit.

"Let us move." Grimm commanded as he rode his way to the estate's exit while the Nightmare left ash and cinder in every step of its wake. "Gallowkeep awaits us"

The journey was pleasant as the bandit problem that plagued the roads ages ago were long since resolved thanks to the diligence of the Lesser Vampires. After all, the paths were laid out with Roses, Irises, Marigolds, Daisies, Foxgloves, Cowslips, Peonies and Snowdrops while trees of Oak, Hornbeam, Redwood, Ash, and Silverbirch made terrific shades for any traveler wanting to relax. While Ravyrnyra pride itself in winery, many cattle and sheep farmers found their fortunes there since the Lesser Vampires guaranteed the safety of their livelihoods. As long as taxes are paid and responsibilities and obligations to the law are met with satisfaction, Lesser Vampires would happily let the humans live their own lives however they see fit.

As the trio rode onto of a small rising hill, they could see a ranches, vineyards, and castles in all directions. One of them, however, stood above the rest: Montesquieu.

"That's the ancient library where the Vampire Counts hoarded their knowledge and ambitions." Sir Grimm spat when he saw Siona stare at the tower out of the corner of his eye.

He then moved on forcing the girls to follow after him. The road then soon became covered in hoof prints of many horses with layers of ash and cider. Grimm could only grimaced at the sight but nonetheless did not slow down. After a while, the girls would witness a 12 ft tall statue off the the left of the road attended by no more that two dozen Lesser Vampires in Deathwatch or Blood Knight armor. Their helmets were off granting the girls a good look at their faces.

It wasn't a pleasant sight: one vampire knight lost his nose, clearly bitten off by some animal; others had an eyepatch or had an empty eyesocket; they all had a scar somewhere on their faces with some hair on their heads. They were clearly treating this like some sort of ceremony, a solemn one so far, yet they all brought bottles of wine of varying shapes, sizes, and color.

Morr Grimm went over to where the other Nightmares stood by lazily and dismounted, all while he seemingly forgotten Siona's and Rithi's presence behind him. Upon further inspection on the statue, the girls would realize the statue was Drakula von Krieg, the first Night King.

By the time they crested the hill, looking out over the vineyards and and ranches and castles, Siona's legs ached. She knew how to ride a horse, but had never made it a routine in her life, and she was feeling that now. She thought as they rode, taking in the scenery. It was truly beautiful, so much more whimsical in its appearance than where Siona had come from. It was not her first time in the south, but she had spent much more time in the north, and the differences between the two were palpable in her mind. Here, the entire land seemed to be tinged in gold, like a picture from a fairy tale book. It was elegant, and the kind of place where fine ladies and dapper men would retire for winters, tasting the wine and taking in the local customs. The north however, was not that. It was rough, and rainy, and come winter time the snow stacked feet high and made travel near impossible. It was a place of harsh extremes, desperately hot and muggy in the summer, and painfully cold and oppressive in the winter. But here, here was a land of relaxation and peace. Or at least, it appeared that way.

She thought about her old friend, Caernish, as they looked out over the countryside. He would have loved this. He was always excited when the caravan made their way south, he hated the north. To him, the north with its wavering seasons and ever present sense of magic was just not the same as the warmth and freedom to move as the south. Siona smiled as she thought about Caernish, his floppy red hair and easy smile. She missed him often. She perked up however when Morr Grimm began to speak, looking out over the castles. He pointed to one, larger than the rest and reaching above the hills like a great finger. "That's the ancient library where the Vampire Counts hoarded their knowledge and ambitions," he said.

Siona eyes lingered on Montesquieu, twisting her head as they passed it by. She saw Morr Grimm give her a grave look as she stared, and looked back at him in that way she sometimes looked, calculating and thoughtful. She said nothing, but did nothing to hide her intentions either. Montesquieu was a dream of all mages, and she hoped to be the one to finally open it. Rithi seemed to notice too, and when Morr Grimm spat and looked away she spoke quietly to Siona.

"Do you think he knows why we are here?" she said.

"I believe he does," said Siona.

Rithi shifted uncomfortably. She didn't dislike Morr Grimm, but she would be lying if she was to say that he didn't frighten her. Even with Siona close by, he simply gave the impression of experience and danger, something she had never really felt before. Or at least, not before the bar fight back in the capitol, but she wasn't used to it all the same.

They passed two children on the road as they continued on, staring up at Morr Grimm in awe. He looked like a villain, some evil sorcerer or dark emperor come to destroy the peace of this place. And yet, he was here to protect these people, just as Vampires had done for centuries. Rithi nodded at the children as they passed, and Siona gave them a slight smile. "Are you with Morr Grimm?" one of them asked.

"Yes," said Siona, and Rithi took on a smug expression when the two children began to babble excitedly to one another.

Before long, the road began to grow black with hoofprints. The cider left by the Nightmares hooves joined others, and others, until the road seemed to have been walked by only vampires and their mounts. She felt a little out of place on her black and white dappled horse, its hooves kicking up the ash and ruining the appearance. They came to a large statue, surrounded by vampires who seemed to be in some sort of worship. Or like they were paying their respects. Siona studied it as Morr Grimm dismounted. She looked it up and down, trying to place where she had seen something like it, before it hit here.

"That's Drakula von Krieg," she said.

"Who?" said Rithi, her curiosity piqued.

"He was the first Night King," said Siona, "the ruler of the Vampires."

Siona did not immediately dismount, but remained in her saddle and observed. Rithi stayed too, following the lead of the older girl. Siona sniffed as she watched, running a hand over her nose to itch it, and pinched the bridge of her nose. She was tired, and felt a pressing desire for caffeine or sleep, whichever came first. As she waited, she took the cue of the vampires and withdrew her wine from her pack. She did not know what it was for, but she did know that all of the other vampires had wine of their own, and so she felt it was likely the right thing to do. She cupped the wine in her hand, looking it over, before swinging her leg over the horse and getting down. "Come on," she said to Rithi, helping the younger girl off of the horse, before leading it to the fence on the other side of the road and tying the reigns to a post. She didn't want it getting spooked by all of the Vampires and the Nightmares.

With the horse tied, she held the wine by her side and waded into the the small crowd of vampires, coming to stand a little behind Morr Grimm. Rithi stood next to Siona, glancing around her at the Lesser Vampires who surounded them. Many of them watched Siona and Rithi. They clearly did not belong, and they way they stared made Siona feel as if they could smell the difference on her and Rithi's skin. Still, she did not look back, and stood tall and proud. She was tall for a woman, and held herself to her full height as she watched the proceedings in front of her.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Bla Ary wrote:Raz AuLune, Elder of the seaside city of Ares

Raz rode fiercely down the trail to the capital, thundering on towards the palace. His feet ached, and his stomach rumbled from the days without rest or nutrition. It had been 3 nights since he took this odd job. Some Charcharions had the Atheo tribute coffers for the Empire. Needed them delivered asap. Were paying big bucks. It was highly unusual. Usually they delivered these themselves. But they where paying big bucks for someone else to do it. Raz wasn't sure what was in these crates, but whatever it was it reeked of ocean, and... poop? Whatever it was, it smelled like a whale had died. Though from what Raz knew of Atheo, that likely wasn't far from the case. Whatever it was, he had a strong feeling it was far less valuable to him than to the Theonians. A mysterious people. And creepy. With their gills, and the fins where there shouldn't have been anything at all.

Raz poured into the city and slowed, passing through the crowds easily. He had been here before. The people, the majesty, it all wore off over time. Now, he was only concerned with getting payed. The fish people had told him that the empire would pay him for the delivery.
As he reached the gate, Raz announced himself in a relaxed manner.
"I bring the Atheo tributary coffers."
The guard looked confused. This was far to early for the coffers. A good 3 weeks ahead of time. Regardless, he rushed for the court, and brought back... something. Like a statue. But Alive. By this point, the coffers had been loaded off, and the smell had grown much much stronger in the sun and dry air.
"The Theonians told me the empire would pay me for the delivery of these coffers, no questions asked," Raz demanded holding out his hand.

Kauashe-o’-wisp, Servant to Thrones
Grand Palace, Gate

The merfolk had brought me out from the Great Hall, as the main court was needed to oversee the processions. A servant such as myself was not usually the one to manage affairs, but desperate times called for desperate measures. They had brought tribute from their land...early to my understanding. The scent of the thing was hideous—unfit to be near any royalty. What could they possibly have delivered that was worth anything? And yet, they still desired reimbursement for shipping? I was not aware of any such arrangement, and did not recall it in my records. This would require interrogation on the nature of the agreement. I clasped my hands.

“I am aware of no such agreement,” I spoke in a high and monotone voice, as I often did when commoners were involved, “What tribute is brought?”

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:43 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:-Snip-

Raz chuckled softly. These Charcharions were up too something. He was likely to be screwed over for his hard work here. In fact, he had a feeling a lot of people where about to be. Nonetheless, first things first he had to barter for his fee.
"Not sure, they payed me no questions asked. So I took their load, and I road over. All though now that we're here I suppose I can open it up. But don't call it delivered until I get my pay."
Raz hopped down off his horse, pulling down the jars. He shuddered. This wasn't right. They where warm. He pried open the lid, and recoiled violently. Guards lost their composure, one passerby vomited on the spot. You could practically see the fumes rising out of the jar. Regaining his composure quickly, Raz growled and dumped the contents of his entire load on the spot. It was Kraken faces. Lots, and lots, of Kraken feces. And all that time in the sun hadn't done it any wonders. Must have been a sick Kraken too. It was runny, yellow, glowing slightly, and steaming as he poured it out. And right on top, stained brown was the golden badge of the Imerial Envoy to Atheo.
Those crazy bastards...

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 am

"Well, look who's here lads!" a Deathwatch Knight shouted to his compatriots when he saw Morr Grimm joining the session. "It's Sir Morr Grimm!"

Immediately, all eyes turned over to greet the vintner followed by japes and salutations.

"Sir Morr Grimm! How wonderful it is to join us!" cheered the Lesser Vampire that lacks a nose yet his smile was genuine and pleasing.

"Ha! The old guard has arrived." A Lesser Vampire laughed. He was young, really young; even by human years and he carried a aura of eagerness and optimism that contrast that of Morr Grimm's

"Brought wine to share?" A Lesser Vampire with an eyepatch grunted. Grimm brought the wine bottle out of his bag in response causing the eyepatch Vampire to snicker. "You never disappoint your elders."

And on and on the small talk continued as all the Lesser Vampires quickly told stories of their adventurers and most importantly, their kills.

"This nose I lost?" said the Vampire who is known as Sir Gregor von Stahl. "Fuckin' lost it to a warg! A WARG! Can you believe it? Had to kill it with my bare hands 'cause my fuckin' axe was stuck in the corpse of a bear!"

Sir Grimm said nothing though his eyes gave a hint of amusement.

The really young vampire, Sir Matthias von Yermolayevich, really hollered in laughter. "My poor elder. If it was me, I could kill a warg and a bear with only a bare hand!"

"Oh shut your cock!"

Morr Grimm had already left the crowd to place his wine bottle next to the rest of the wine beverages. They too had labels written over them: Mournheim, Oberstyre, Sternburg Gate, and many others. Some had pale red liquid, others had black red liquid, and many had the same deep red color like Grimm's Stonehollow wine.

Behind him, the vampire knight could already hear a change in tone with his brethren as they soon began talking about a different subject. One that he knew without turning around.

"Sir Grimm," Sir Yermolayevich walked over to ask Grimm, "Who's the the girls following ye? Don't tell me your planning to build a harem out of humans!" The young vampire chuckled at his own joke at the end yet Grimm wasn't responding at all.

When Grimm did spoke, he wanted to be done with this whole affair. "Everyone, get your chalices and make for a toast!"

While everyone brought ought their cups and mugs to fill with wine, Grimm looked over to Siona and Rithi with a glared that demand utter silence with to proceedings. This event is not meant for humans. His eyes seem to say.

All the Lesser Vampires poured their wine into each other's cups as they began to prepare a toast before the statue. A Deathwatch Knight, Sir Randolf von Petrovich, came before the gathering at the foot of the statue to present the worlds of the Lesser Vampires.

"Friends, Comrades, Brothers..." He began with his mug raised in the air. "Eons ago, this land of Ravyrnyra was of rock, stone, and dust. Endless war raged upon this soil, a futile war, a corrupt war. The Higher Vampires were leeches and cowards for they were the last one to enter battle and the first ones to leave. We were puppets on a string only to be thrown away if our usefulness has diminished. But not him!" Sir Petrovich raised his mug to that statue.

"Not Drakula von Krieg! He was strong, he was smart, and he was brave! He did what no one else did: unification. Not by poison but rallying the Lesser Vampires to his cause. He gave use purpose: to be the best warriors that world has ever known. After all those wasted years, slaying each other, Drakula von Krieg gave us the respect we deserve!"

All the Lesser Vampires raised their mugs and cups of wine in unison.

"Hail the victorious champion!" Sir Petrovich saluted with his mug before drinking with great gusto.

"Hail the victorious champion!" repeated the gathered knights of Ravyrnyra before drinking the wine like a man dying of thirst.
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 am

Bla Ary wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:-Snip-

Raz chuckled softly. These Charcharions were up too something. He was likely to be screwed over for his hard work here. In fact, he had a feeling a lot of people where about to be. Nonetheless, first things first he had to barter for his fee.
"Not sure, they payed me no questions asked. So I took their load, and I road over. All though now that we're here I suppose I can open it up. But don't call it delivered until I get my pay."
Raz hopped down off his horse, pulling down the jars. He shuddered. This wasn't right. They where warm. He pried open the lid, and recoiled violently. Guards lost their composure, one passerby vomited on the spot. You could practically see the fumes rising out of the jar. Regaining his composure quickly, Raz growled and dumped the contents of his entire load on the spot. It was Kraken faces. Lots, and lots, of Kraken feces. And all that time in the sun hadn't done it any wonders. Must have been a sick Kraken too. It was runny, yellow, glowing slightly, and steaming as he poured it out. And right on top, stained brown was the golden badge of the Imerial Envoy to Atheo.
Those crazy bastards...

Kauashe-o’-wisp, Servant to Thrones
Grand Palace, Gate

My placid smile slowly curved downward into a frown, stepping backwards. The stench was visible, although I had little sense of it. Why he felt the need to pour it, I could not tell. This was a sign of revolt, a revolting one at that. The declaration was clear; the venture upon insult only making their situation worse. What the outcome would be, I could not tell. But it was clear that this loathsome soup would need to be destroyed outright.

“Set fire to this mess, and see to it that the remains are destroyed,” I softly ordered the guards, turning back to the man who’d delivered it, “As you can see...the Theonians have sewn their mouths down the middle and said two things at once. The Empire shall not pay for this.”

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am

Khasinkonia wrote:-snip-

Raz sneered at the pile of dung in front of him. This would be a tough one to work out. He had been promised payment at the jobs completion, but the Empire didn't want to see this one finished. His best bet was to head home and hope to see the Charcharions again. Though that seemed doubtful with the new shift in the political climate.
Raz tapped his foot impatiently as he bruised. He took a deep frustrated breath, as the realization hit him that there was no good way out of this.
"Have it your way, but the Job I was given was a one way delivery so don't expect my help."
Before anyone could tell him otherwise, he had one leg over his horse, and was ready to head to the nearest bar to drink his humiliation away.
"And what then of the Charcharions? I doubt they'll be leaving the ocean anytime soon. I'd assume they just want to be left alone, though I have a feeling the new Emperor won't be pleased."

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Lord-Regent Uther Kęšgatui

Lord-Regent Uther Kęšgatui strode into the domed white building, the Realm's center of government. The Grand Palace was for the most part the home of Imperial Family; which sadly is now extinct and the administration. However, tracking down the hearts and minds of the Grand Order of the Throne and the various lackeys at the Regine Estate could wait, for now he had some business to attend to. The great central dome of the building was magnificent, eight gigantic paintings lining the walls of the room, and a truly wondrous fresco at the zenith, depicting the Empire's greatest rulers, the very patrons of the world shaped today Emperor's Corvinus portrait was the most elaborate and detailed, the Soldier-Emperor was a man feared and equally respected while the late Empress was more of a person loved. But just as he was musing on the paintings when a Palatine guardsman came running to him.

"Yer Excellency!" He cried, "Yer Excellency!"

"Yes..." he tried to remember the man's name, "Nathaniel wasn't it?"

"Oh indeed you're Excellency." The guardman swelled with pride at the recognition. "I beg to report, the spies await to the cells. In the oubliete apartment." The Lord-Regent smiled, this should be good. Captured spies meant some knowledge might come in myriad forms, especially learning what their enemies might be planning.

"Excellent! I shall see it for myself." And bidding the guardsman guide him to the library, they walked out of the rotunda. It was a long trek for a man of his age, the entrance towards the Great Dungeons was guarded by a sheer number of Palatine Guards. He'd never heard of a prison so secure despite its small size. The Fiery Tower that has housed in the Inquisitorial headquarters could but it was vast in size; housing maleficar(Daemon worshipping magic users) heretics and monsters. In fact, it also possessed a great library with so many books of a magical nature that it was rumored to be a portal to the poly-fractal dimension of L-Space but such rumors were difficult to believe. Still, he thought, whoever compiled this amount of knowledge can accumulate great power of their own right. But there could be time for such 'cultural' pursuits later, the present was important.

"You've been most helpful, guardsman." He addressed Nathaniel who had brought all the way outside the right cell, for sure as hell the whole complex although small it was still a labyrinth. "Any chance could you bring a map? A large one would be appreciating." The soldier went away to find one at haste, he would need one depicting the entire nation, with outlines of rivers, mountains and cities. Muffled screams reached him as he opened the door. There is no use putting a mask of kindness now, he sighed as he steeled himself for the upcoming interrogation. The room was lit with oil lanterns, the torturers and Guard-Captain Avalair at attention, he dared half a smile as he waved them to carry on.

A man pulled a thing out of the freezing barrel of water. Uther tensed his hand into a fist as it shook. The baron walked towards the once healthy person. Refusing to look to his face, as his eyes gazed to the map in front of him "So? Are you ready to talk?"

For good reason. Where once had been the man's face was now only a foul misshapen, pulsing lump of black flesh writhing with every breath the living corpse took. Gone was it's nose, it's eyelids, parts of it's cheeks and gums. Yet still the thing breathed. He motioned for the man holding the creature to remove his gag. The wet half frozen clothe fell off with a few teeth within it.

The thing's face began to bleed a sickly yellow ichor as he gurgled. Watching as eye-lidless eyes glanced towards the dark sky. Bloodshot and shaking. "We shall come, soon. Your lands taken, your ways dismantled and your loyalty to Tez-Calitpa would be assured". Smiling the thing proclaimed defiantly. The Lord-Regent was no amused, he motioned again for the holder to place him into the barrel.

The map and the notes were codified in a language that was indecipherable, many had been summoned to reveal any hidden plans, the familiar patterns were obviously the entire country in front of him. Cities in the east accompanied by many colorful dots nestled between two provinces. Doing some quick thinking, and given the apparent distances involved, they were probably lords castles and various forts belonging to the army or other organizations. Over there lied Akatun, Sun-King of Takhaet; a great province that was conquered 400 during the reign of Corvinus the Soldier for harboring his enemies and a great number of evil magi, they were forced into the great deserts. It made no sense....

Nathaniel hurried into the room, with quill and parchment at the ready. Smart lad, better than some snout-nosed nobles, reminded of himself in his early days as a mere clerk.

"This map is surely detailed in topographical and varying political in nature gentlemen, we were lucky to get into our own hands. Further documents pertaining to the nature of states that exist next to us. I even observed they are also mapping our transportation network, most impressive I daresay." His monologue was interrupted by a marching outside the room, guards burst in with another prisoner.

The man attempted to sit up to meet his captors with a bit of dignity, but that only be thrown to the ground, on top of it getting lashed by whips. The person was certainly trained, he only flinched from the lash and groaned as Uther approached him. One soldier put a knife around him all menacing. "I'd rather not wake at all if that makes you happy milord". He added, "If you want to ask if I am any association with the man I presume it is, the answer won't be of your liking unfortunately. I distaste dark rituals and cannot handle deserts but I am a spy." he chuckled

"WHAT?" the Guard-Captain squawked. "We caught you together and you shitting me?" He threw a hard fist on the man's face.

Uther leveled a hard look up at the mage/spy as the report stated. He threw his hands in the air. "You too? Wonderful. For whom if I may ask?" Gaining the man's attention had been easy enough. "My men have made short work of your crews, truth be told, I was hoping for a better fight than this. But they're not half-bad for savages, none of them seem to have accepted the fact that they're beaten, sooo they end up dead - here we are you and me." There was venom in the baron's voice, he'd lost around fifteen men to the whole debale. "The city is indeed brimming with hostility. I'd always wondered what it would be like to into its very streets, now I think I know."

"You also know how to deal with such hostility." the captive told his interrogators. "It was a little more than butcher's work, but it did the trick. Yet you didn't notice we actually stepped on each other toes not knowing who is working for whom so we were killing each other"

"Indeed, now that you mentioned it but I still wonder why." Uther had the feeling he could fright easier a tribe of mountain of trolls than trained assassins. "You must think we're royally stupid!" he declared, as if reading his mind.

"I don't question royalty yer Excellency." The guardsman tensed, his knife coming a couple inches closer to the man's throat, he tried to backpedal for a moment to no avail making a small cut. "Let me rephrase that." Meeting his gaze. "No?"

The Lord-Regent kneeled next to the man, silky tone in his voice. "Is your loyalty worth your life?" It was a threat, even if it was delivered in a soft, seemingly friendly tone and rather straightforward enough—to the point of boredom, he had no illusions - for the man was dangerous. Soft words and silver tongues are like poison, you wouldn't be aware of them until it's too late.

He licked his lips, probably trying to come up with some petty excuse to save his life, "My life is forfeight lord, the moment I was captured my head was marked. Spare me and my life is yours, from this moment forth: I am your man" he strongly added. Uther to the men to untie him, shocked the man knelt in front of the Lord-Regent thanking him for sparing his life. "But there is something you should know lord, this man was a servant for the Sea Peoples. For which tribe I cannot tell, but I can tell you their group was well organized".

Alarm bells were bouncing inside Uther's head. One possible invader weilding evil magicks was bad enough but a people with a profession of dealing how to fight magic users and infamous raiders was another. "Very well, Guardsmen!" he said in an authorative voice. "Send this man to the Marshal and summon the Court Arcanist as well to interrogate him. Together." Shit got a lot more complicated. OH SHIT, THE FEAST. "Belay that order, inform them of they meet with the man at first light." He correctly pointed out, he completely forgot about the meeting in the Regine Estate, having to meet Lord-Inquisitor and heir-apparent Lord Jonathan Carnifex himself - in the fucking flesh - and other nobility riff raff his despised. "The same men in this very room would organize the whole affair". He added.

He turned to Nathaniel, "As for you I have a more special project, meet with Kauashe-oh-wisp. Inform her by my command to look into the last incursion last time the Sea Peoples made, everything important that transpired. Everything son". He patted the soldier's shoulder. All I know, Corvinus himself had them flayed at the coast as a warning. It's been hundred of years since his time, lacking an Emperor and with myriad other problems wasn't helping. This time there would be no divine intervention to save us.

He stroded quickly with the Guard-Captain to the Regine Estate to attend the feast/meeting for his was inexcusably late for. Many would be displeased with such a bad display of court etiquette.
Last edited by Barratistan on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse