NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 19, 2017

Oval Office

"But not everything that isn't easy is worth doing," the President reversed, a slim smile softening the comment.

"That's not necessarily out of a lack of merit to the idea, but just pesky scarcity. I think an undertaking on the scale of an Africa-wide NAFTA is relegated to the drawer of pipe dreams that would be there to try with unlimited resources and unlimited time rather than the planning board-at least if I only have one term to work with." The last few words had a touch of humor to them.

"The other suggestions on possible changes to the way we allocate funds, how we handle relations-those are worth some looking into, they look feasible enough to execute. In a vague concept form, it can be tricky to pin down into a plan of action, but they're at least worthy of not being dismissed."

"I understand, realistically I know that things are tight right now. However we can take some steps to point us in the right direction for the future. Honestly my goal for this meeting was just to get a foothold and have you think about what we CAN do realistically. If thats just some state department directives, some priorities for ambassadors... i'd be over the moon."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 am

May 19, 2017

Oval Office

"It's something I hope we can work out," Cal confirmed. "Obviously our current priority is navigating our withdrawal in the Middle East, but I'd hope that some of those directives and priorities can start coming together this summer."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:47 am

Prolieum wrote:
May 19, 2017

Oval Office

"It's something I hope we can work out," Cal confirmed. "Obviously our current priority is navigating our withdrawal in the Middle East, but I'd hope that some of those directives and priorities can start coming together this summer."

“Excellent please let me know if I can be of assistance...” Samara takes a moment to observe the room before returning to the President, “I have something else I’d like your thoughts on if it’s all right...”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 am

May 19, 2017

Oval Office

Cal took a quick glance at his Eco-Drive before turning back to the Representative. "Go ahead, we've got some time."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 19, 2017

Oval Office

Cal took a quick glance at his Eco-Drive before turning back to the Representative. "Go ahead, we've got some time."

"Well two things really..."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm

May 19, 2017

Oval Office

Cal leaned back, taking Samara's two mentions under consideration.

"Well...." he began, mentally seeking to determine just how much he intended to reveal even as he spoke, ultimately leaning towards the somewhat more open side of things, though not enough to go into any precise detail.

"That first idea of yours, I can say that we have something very similar currently in the works." He paused for a moment, considering adding more, and decided that brief statement would be sufficient.

"The second issue is something I certainly have interest at looking into, but it's obviously a very complicated topic. I don't think that's something I could say much more on without something more specific in front of me."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 19, 2017

Oval Office

Cal leaned back, taking Samara's two mentions under consideration.

"Well...." he began, mentally seeking to determine just how much he intended to reveal even as he spoke, ultimately leaning towards the somewhat more open side of things, though not enough to go into any precise detail.

"That first idea of yours, I can say that we have something very similar currently in the works." He paused for a moment, considering adding more, and decided that brief statement would be sufficient.

"The second issue is something I certainly have interest at looking into, but it's obviously a very complicated topic. I don't think that's something I could say much more on without something more specific in front of me."

"On the first item, I will say if you need help from a democrat give me a call. For the second when I have something concrete i'll send it to your chief of staff."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:17 pm

May 19, 2017

Oval Office

The President hesitated a moment, then nodded. "I appreciate the offer, and I think I might take you up on it. There might be some bumps in the road on that one, and I hope to keep it tripartisan."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 19, 2017

Oval Office

The President hesitated a moment, then nodded. "I appreciate the offer, and I think I might take you up on it. There might be some bumps in the road on that one, and I hope to keep it tripartisan."

"A noble goal, I wish you luck"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 pm

May 19, 2017

Oval Office

"And good luck with that second idea of yours," Reed wished in return. He offered a hand to shake.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Prolieum wrote:
May 19, 2017

Oval Office

"And good luck with that second idea of yours," Reed wished in return. He offered a hand to shake.

"Thank you Mr. President" Jason says shaking the President's hand "Have a good day sir."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm

May 19, 2017

Oval Office

"You too, Representative," the President replied, nodding as the Congressman departed.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

10:13 PM

It looked like it was going to be a very late night.

The flow of information was muddled at best and nearly stagnant at worst, far worse than it ought to have been. Updates had only trickled in as the evening hours went through their cycles of buzzing busyness and quiet, different people in and out, in the latter state at the moment. Getting a full picture of what had happened and what was happening was a serious pain. Now, finally, many hours past when he wanted it and a good few past when he ought to have gotten it, more news was there.

It did not look good.

Cal put down the phone, rubbed his forehead, and stepped out the office door, immediately gaining the attention of the late-shift secretary there.

"I don't know if he's still here, but if you could get Denisevich-just on the line if he's not. Rodham and Havich-conference call if you can set it up, or if he's here or close in person is better. Encrypted, if it's going to be the former, of course."

Reed realized he was half-rambling with the badly parsed instructions. He felt more tired than he should have, even nearing twenty hours since waking. The last handful of nights had been rather poor for sleeping, but he needed to focus.

"Thanks."
Last edited by Prolieum on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

10:13 PM

It looked like it was going to be a very late night.

The flow of information was muddled at best and nearly stagnant at worst, far worse than it ought to have been. Updates had only trickled in as the evening hours went through their cycles of buzzing busyness and quiet, different people in and out, and now returning to the latter. Getting a full picture of what had happened and what was happening was a serious pain. Now, finally, many hours past when he wanted it and a good few past when he ought to have gotten it, more news was there.

It did not look good.

Cal put down the phone, rubbed his forehead, and stepped out the office door, immediately gaining the attention of the late-shift secretary there.

"I don't know if he's still here, but if you could get Denisevich-just on the line if he's not. Rodham and Havich-conference call if you can set it up, or if he's here or close in person is better. Encrypted, if it's going to be the former, of course."

Reed realized he was half-rambling with the badly parsed instructions. He felt more tired than he should have, even nearing twenty hours since waking. The last handful of nights had been rather poor for sleeping, but he needed to focus.

"Thanks."

A few minutes later a knock was heard on the door "Mr. President? its Simon, you asked for me?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

10:18 PM

"Come in," Cal welcomed. He was seated behind the Resolute Desk, gazing out the open window.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

10:18 PM

"Come in," Cal welcomed. He was seated behind the Resolute Desk, gazing out the open window.

"Yes sir how can I be of service?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:52 am

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

An aide stepped in for a moment, briefly whispering something in the President's ear before stepping out. Reed turned his attention to Denisevich, and exhaled, stressed.

"Sorry about that. It looks like we can't get a hold of the Veep or SecDef, just the two of us for now."

He folded his hands on the desk, and exhaled again, looking for a place to start.

"I guess I shouldn't beat around the bush. We need to find an acting Secretary of State."
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

An aide stepped in for a moment, briefly whispering something in the President's ear before stepping out. Reed turned his attention to Denisevich, and exhaled, stressed.

"Sorry about that. It looks like we can't get a hold of the Veep or SecDef, just the two of us for now."

He folded his hands on the desk, and exhaled again, looking for a place to start.

"I guess I shouldn't beat around the bush. We need to find an acting Secretary of State."

Simon sighs, "That bad?" he shifts uncomfortably and wrings his hands "I haven't heard anything about Secretary Bell's condition. Do you have any details you can share? How is he?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:26 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Arteriovenous malformation," Cal answered slowly, voice heavy. "Something grew in his brain that wasn't supposed to be there. Apparently they can be very hard to detect-until they start bleeding. This one was bad. They tried to do everything they could on the spot, and then get him to a crisis center that had the personnel and equipment they needed, but...he's in critical condition."

"He's not....it's not over, he's got a decent shot at recovery but, at least for the immediate future, and maybe longer..."

"I'm planning on informing the public, in the morning, maybe tonight, but I think we need to be prepared before then."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Arteriovenous malformation," Cal answered slowly, voice heavy. "Something grew in his brain that wasn't supposed to be there. Apparently they can be very hard to detect-until they start bleeding. This one was bad. They tried to do everything they could on the spot, and then get him to a crisis center that had the personnel and equipment they needed, but...he's in critical condition."

"He's not....it's not over, he's got a decent shot at recovery but, at least for the immediate future, and maybe longer..."

"I'm planning on informing the public, in the morning, maybe tonight, but I think we need to be prepared before then."

Simon stood shocked for a moment, letting a cold feeling creep into him. Denisevich paced briefly in the room hand on his head before running his hands through his hair and letting out a sigh. "I have two people in mind, i've been looking at both of them for U.N. Ambassador already, the first you know, Julie Mondale... the other i've only just started looking at, Thomas Stevenson."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Stevenson was the Governor of Massachusetts, wasn't he? I don't know too much about him," Reed commented.

"We hadn't gotten to talk over Mondale yet, but she would at least be partially vetted, I suppose, when we're looking at something this quick. I was thinking about Ronald Lee, just because of that experience, but I don't have much for him as a pick besides that. I suppose there's always the Senate, Carter maybe...I wouldn't be very sure about that one either."
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Stevenson was the Governor of Massachusetts, wasn't he? I don't know too much about him," Reed commented.

"We hadn't gotten to talk over Mondale yet, but she would at least be partially vetted, I suppose, when we're looking at something this quick. I was thinking about Ronald Lee, just because of that experience, but I don't have much for him as a pick besides that. I suppose there's always the Senate, Carter maybe...I wouldn't be very sure about that one either."

"Not Carter, he is a maverick and doesn't have the right temperament we'd be in the middle of an international incident after a week."

"Stevenson is a good man, well liked by most everyone he was a good governor and administrator and since his tenure has been doing great in international business, plus he has experience in the peace corp."

"I already gave you my glowing review of Mondale for the UN and that applies here... Lee is good, I can't imagine much objection... I heard a rumor he was going to run for senate in Washington but I can't confirm. Honestly though... after Bell I think we should get someone younger, Lee is over 70 and we dont want to get anyone whose health is in question."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:19 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Stevenson is an older gentleman, isn't he? Filtering for age could take him off of the list, unless you wanted to go for the Mrs."

Cal steepled his fingers before him, thinking. "I don't disagree on Carter, but to be frank, temperament would be my concern for Mondale as well. She seems, well, I may be jumping to conclusions, but I would not feel too confident that she would not be a risk to fly off the handle. I was planning on raising that concern when we discussed your recommendation, any thoughts in that area?" The President queried.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Prolieum wrote:
June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Stevenson is an older gentleman, isn't he? Filtering for age could take him off of the list, unless you wanted to go for the Mrs."

Cal steepled his fingers before him, thinking. "I don't disagree on Carter, but to be frank, temperament would be my concern for Mondale as well. She seems, well, I may be jumping to conclusions, but I would not feel too confident that she would not be a risk to fly off the handle. I was planning on raising that concern when we discussed your recommendation, any thoughts in that area?" The President queried.

"Stevenson is in his 60s, and he has proven to be in great health."

"Regardless Mondale has had a long time with her hand on the wheel of the governorship, shes proven stable and reasonable. My meeting with her presented her as maybe.... 90% in line with your foreign policy objectives, when she disagrees she would like a chance to present her case but then will execute your decision. She has impressive credentials and should sail through confirmation, she has ambition maybe at the White House one day but if she joins with the administration she will be committed to its success otherwise her own star falls."

"I honestly would find it very unlikely she would 'fly off the handle', at least no more a risk than anyone else we have nominated. She's a strong popular governor from a key swing state and is extremely qualified as a leader negotiator and administrator. I'd like her to have some more experience out of the country but otherwise she's ideal."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:17 pm

June 10, 2017

Oval Office

"Bell was in perfect health as well..." Cal noted. "But realistically, I don't think the odds are that we would see another medical crisis so suddenly, sixties or seventies, so long as there aren't any serious problems, which we'll screen for."

Cal considered for a few moments, before commenting on a specific line in Denisevich's description of the potential candidate. "White House ambitions of her own, for Mondale...For commitment to the success of this administration, she may want to keep us up to keep her up, but that's not a motivation I would trust to hold. The possibility of jetting off at an opportune personal political moment is one that I would hope to minimize."
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse