NATION

PASSWORD

St Abbaddon Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:As a matter of fact, do you have Topid's permission for using his flag, or did you just plagiarize it?

If you think there's plagiarism going on then report it via a GHR :) I'd imagine it's changed enough to be allowed though since the burning NPO flag received a similar ruling but we'll never know till you check.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:33 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pierconium wrote:The NPO does not govern St Abbaddon. Nations that are in this region’s government that are also in the NPO do so if their own free will, just as countless other nations do around the NS world. I believe it is called cosmopolitanism and many of those complaining are very familiar with the concept.

The NPO's "protectorate" arrangement with St Abbaddon makes this a unique situation in comparison to ordinary cosmopolitanism. This is not to mention that the NPO is supposedly regionalist and opposed to cosmopolitanism, and specifically is supposed to be cautious to guard against exploitation.

"[T]he Pacific must be extremely cautious in drawing up any documentation with a Userite region, always careful to safeguard the sovereignty and freedom of each so that exploitation cannot occur and class conflict does not resurface and damage the Francoist Pacific or her people." - Proper Francoist Thought

While any individual in the Pacific is welcome to adhere to whatever form of philosophy they wish, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Francoist. But the tenants within that particular part of PFT are accurate. It is unfortunate that someone would enter into such a treaty on our behalf. But, the world turns.
Last edited by Pierconium on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:56 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:As a matter of fact, do you have Topid's permission for using his flag, or did you just plagiarize it?

If you think there's plagiarism going on then report it via a GHR :) I'd imagine it's changed enough to be allowed though since the burning NPO flag received a similar ruling but we'll never know till you check.

I'm fairly sure only the content creator can report things for plagiariam, but regardless, I was referring to plagiarism in a general sense, not necessarily the rules violating sense. I really have no interest in getting anyone in trouble, but it would be nice if they would properly credit Topid.

Saint Block
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Block » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am

Poor Topid making a flag for his beloved St. Abby, and then have them use the basis of it for one they like more.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Grater Tovakia wrote:Chief Council Elder: Dragonisia
Council Elder of Foreign Affairs: Draganisia

You guys related or something?

Good friends.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

Personal Motto: L'État, c'est moi
Full Country Name: Dragonisia (PT), Dragonisia (MT), The Dragonisian Collective of Individual Personas(FT)
Demonym: Dragonisian
Rulers: Emperor Maelstrom Vortex, Empress Koudoawaia Vortex
Capital: Dragonisia
Government Type: Absolute Imperial with a representative democratic legislature. (PT/MT) Collective of DIstinct Minds (FT)
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=dragonisia/detail=factbook
Tech: Willing to play at any tech range and fiction class.
Foreign Policy: Unrestricted Diplomacy
Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.64
More than you.
Likely, less than you. I've been inactive for a little while. This will likely change quickly.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Saint Block wrote:Poor Topid making a flag for his beloved St. Abby, and then have them use the basis of it for one they like more.

Well, I credit Torpid for his original work. This flag is a derivative work of his design. The original to me is just as nice as the current, we just like color.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

Full Country Name: Dragonisia (PT), Dragonisia (MT), The Dragonisian Collective of Individual Personas(FT)
Government Type: Absolute Imperial with a representative democratic legislature. (PT/MT) Collective of DIstinct Minds (FT)
More than you.
Likely, less than you. I've been inactive for a little while. This will likely change quickly.

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:50 pm

The debate of who's entitled to the flag design aside, I do agree it's important and respectful to give credit to the original designer.
Last edited by The Gilded Star on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 pm

The Gilded Star wrote:The debate of who's entitled to the flag design aside, I do agree it's important and respectful to give credit to the original designer.

Agreed. I'll see if I can have us update the region board to that effect.

Also, while I am loyal to Pacifica, in my service to St. Abbaddon, I am loyal to them. I chose to offer my services, they chose to accept. I've been around since 2002 and havebeen quite successful in other nation sims. Some may even say I have a bit of a reputation. I also run a discord community that is fairly sizable mostly fixed around my twitch streaming, but which is a pan-gaming community, meaning.. no specific game. NS is one of those.

I would encourage the world to consider leaving St. Abbaddon in peace when the protectorate expires. The people there merely want to roleplay, and I intend to help facilitate that mindset.

Planeswalking dragon is best dragon.
Last edited by Dragonisia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Dragonisia wrote:while I am loyal to Pacifica

This is referring to the New Pacific Order here, to be clear.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

That is correct. I am completely transparent. Oh.. there's a region called Pacifica.. not as transparent as I thought! *chortle*
Last edited by Dragonisia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Niktobr
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Niktobr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Topid's initial design is incredible and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, but I wanted to tweak it slightly in order to be more visually appealing (from my perspective.)

I will create a dispatch giving credit to Topid for the work. It's only fair.
St Abbaddon
Council Elder of Internal Affairs

"I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see."

Hepner
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 03, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hepner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Niktobr wrote:Topid's initial design is incredible and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, but I wanted to tweak it slightly in order to be more visually appealing (from my perspective.)

I will create a dispatch giving credit to Topid for the work. It's only fair.

I have altered the OP to include credit as well.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Thanks Nik, Hep.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Draganisia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Draganisia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Look we just want to be left alone by all factions and regions and want no fight.

If anyone does attack us when the treaty with the NPO is over they will simply be revealing their true forms as invaders and raiders to the rest of the NS world.

If you won't let us RP in peace that than you don't deserve to even be on NationStates at all and should just delete your Nations and Regions right now !!!

One way or another it ends here and now.
Last edited by Draganisia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Draganisia wrote:Look we just want to be left alone by all factions and regions and want no fight.

If anyone does attack us when the treaty with the NPO is over they will simply be revealing their true forms as invaders and raiders to the rest of the NS world.

If you won't let us RP in peace that than you don't deserve to even be on NationStates at all and should just delete your Nations and Regions right now !!!

Well, declaring war on the APC was a terrible first step in that case.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:44 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
Draganisia wrote:Look we just want to be left alone by all factions and regions and want no fight.

We never declared such a war.

Rejecting the terms requested to be imposed under threat of force, is not a declaration of war. It's a rejection of blatant abuse.

If it elects to attack, the APC will be the one declaring a war on a helpless region who will literally grant to it a non-existent amount of political power for the sake of little more than a grudge against a former occupier.. against whom it will not even be able to claim a victory as they will no longer be present.

St. Abbaddon will stand with its head held high against any such act.. and we will find a means of reconstituting.. that much I guarantee. Which will leave the APC defending the shell of a region it ruined that has no more value for the sake of ego.

Topid's blessed community.. would be destroyed in the process. Congratulations, the New Pacific Order would win.. again.

Damn my logical thinking.. and facts. eh?
Last edited by Dragonisia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Dragonisia wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:

We never declared such a war.

Then why did your Delegate say you did?

King Kitsco: Today, this region, has declared war on the APC. We will fight to the last man.

Given that your Delegate has now declared war upon two Sinkers and a significant number of user-created regions, Pacifica included, I hope anyone who was considering intervening on behalf of the NPO puppet regime in St Abbaddon will reconsider. They would be interjecting themselves into a war.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 pm

I repeat what I said in the other thread in the other embassy we probably should not be cluttering, but in which your people choose to attack..

Kitsco's recognizing what you have made inevitable by declaring you will attack no matter what. The region is in a state of high alert waiting your aggression..

Come on Cormac. You know we can't fight a war. So you're pretending we can is only making you look a fool before.. well.. everyone. It's a role-play group..
Last edited by Dragonisia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Dragonisia wrote:I repeat what I said in the other thread in the other embassy we probably should not be cluttering, but in which your people choose to attack..

Kitsco's recognizing what you have made inevitable by declaring you will attack no matter what. The region is in a state of high alert waiting your aggression..

Come on Cormac. You know we can't fight a war. So you're pretending we can is only making you look a fool before.. well.. everyone.

I do know you can't fight a war, but I'm not the one who declared one for you -- your Delegate did. Tell me again which looks more foolish? :roll:
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm

Still you for thinking we can fight one when the facts are obvious and you literally have nothing to gain from being the aggressor. You can have a defensive war declared in which you do not initiate conflict. That's what we are in due to your demands. You will be the aggressor.. because only you can be the aggressor.

If you wish to relieve us of the state and normalize relations, you are free to do so and we will install Topid at any time of your choosing. Otherwise, come fight for your fruitless gains.

Do NPO the favor of harming the APC in the name of your hatred.
Last edited by Dragonisia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Au contraie, you declaring war has nicely fixed any potential PR problems we could have had.
Many thanks, really.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Au contraie, you declaring war has nicely fixed any potential PR problems we could have had.
Many thanks, really.

Koolaid drinker.

Repeat into the correct embassy:

There is no reason for the APC to attack us period. Let the first to attack be the one declaring war and the aggressor.. and we'll see who is the one at war. I guarantee you that attack won't come form us. Do you know why? We can't. We literally do not have that capability.

So.. what to that?

If the APC attacks St. Abbaddon it will have done more harm to itself than St. Abbaddon, though St. Abbaddon will certainly see ruin. Notably because anyone who is an outside unbiased observer will see this for what it is.. and your good will .. shall burn.

As I said, you want to pass a victory to this region's former occupiers.. come get some.

I always have been, and always will be, a champion for the will of the constituents of any location I am.. for in that is my greatest power.
Last edited by Dragonisia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Uh huh. Yet for all that you (St Abbaddon) still remain the one who declared war the ones who declared the war. Really can't say that we'd be declaring war first no matter your spin.

Dragonisia
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dragonisia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Uh huh. Yet for all that you (St Abbaddon) still remain the one who declared war the ones who declared the war. Really can't say that we'd be declaring war first no matter your spin.

Please point out the formal war declaration in our embassy.. oh wait.. you can't.

Because the facts are.... no such declaration exists. And anyone can check that no matter how much you spin.. in fact there's only 2 pages to read in the whole embassy, so it's rather easy.

But please, obvious lies do you all the help Lord Dominator in being believable by anyone.

Truth is I am doing more damage to the APC right now in just speaking the truth and exposing how much of a bully you guys are than I will ever do fighting a war, but .. let me correct myself. YOU'RE DOING IT TO YOURSELVES! The New Pacific Order thanks you, I am sure.. go check with LoD, he's probably laughing his ass off at you both.
Last edited by Dragonisia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
APROUDMEMBEROF
THENEW PACIFICORDER

More than you.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 pm

I'm quite happy to take Kitsco saying it quite cleary, thank you very much.
Really though, saying that important Foreign Affair stuff can only happen in Embassy threads is quite silly. After all, you wouldn't want to be claiming regions who are quite obviously at war aren't just because they have posted a declaration of war ;)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay