NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Skarten wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
Of course not. You can take this time to secede to and keep it for yourself.

BFFs forever <3

Time to use the power of shekels to either take Gaia for myself or put a puppet on the Terran throne

You get the land I get the sea?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Joke’s on you; we only have a single continent, so it won’t destroy trade, and then us land dwellers have another advantage: pollution.
You may be tough to fight in the water, but that won’t stop us from dumping our garbage and sewage at you if you cause trouble. Fyi, Kauashe will not hesitate to call them merfolk, btw.

We don't have plastic or heavy industry yet, so that's going to be harder than it sounds.

We do, however, have plenty of human waste.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Skarten wrote:
Time to use the power of shekels to either take Gaia for myself or put a puppet on the Terran throne

You get the land I get the sea?

Well there's not much i can do with the sea other than trading, so, i guess.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:We have magic don't we, wouldn't surprise me if some mages could figure out transfiguration and start turning that lovely H2O into poison if you start taking my gold.

That's a low of water to be transforming though. It's an ocean not a puddle. Not to mention the political rammifications.

You're the one saying your gonna take our gold, if anything can unite a bunch of nobles with vastly different goals, it's gold.

Not to mention, I'm assuming the ocean in salt water for this, but like what is the political ramifications of turning something that is basically already a poison to humans into a new form of poison, hell maybe they could pull the damn salt out of the saltwater oceans.
It's a win win, kills the merfolk bandits if they can't deal with freshwater, gets everyone some salt.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:We don't have plastic or heavy industry yet, so that's going to be harder than it sounds.

We do, however, have plenty of human waste.

Plan: Replace all the gold in the boats with human and other animal wastes

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:25 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
That's a low of water to be transforming though. It's an ocean not a puddle. Not to mention the political rammifications.

You're the one saying your gonna take our gold, if anything can unite a bunch of nobles with vastly different goals, it's gold.

Not to mention, I'm assuming the ocean in salt water for this, but like what is the political ramifications of turning something that is basically already a poison to humans into a new form of poison, hell maybe they could pull the damn salt out of the saltwater oceans.
It's a win win, kills the merfolk bandits if they can't deal with freshwater, gets everyone some salt.

Yeah, but, there's a lot of salt in the oceans. If you wanna desalinate them, thats gonna take generations, as well as destroying the ecosystems that seaside communities rely on for survival, creating a giant human migration issue. So, sure, you may have killed of merfolk bandits, but you still made an even bigger issue for yourself in the process, in the form of famine and displaced populations, as well as the ramification that would probably have for the climate.

Not that it will matter for a long time though, considering how much salt is in the ocean.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:We do, however, have plenty of human waste.

Plan: Replace all the gold in the boats with human and other animal wastes

Just dump waste directly over Atheo. All of it. Make sure they all get sick. Cholera’s still going strong, you know...

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:28 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

Only of you guys refuse to acknowledge the sovereignty of Atheo. The political rammifications of genocide on a nonhuman race? Not to mention the fact you would be killing everything in the ocean, which will destroy the worlds environmental balance.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Plan: Replace all the gold in the boats with human and other animal wastes

Just dump waste directly over Atheo. All of it. Make sure they all get sick. Cholera’s still going strong, you know...

Already have cleanup crews.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:You're the one saying your gonna take our gold, if anything can unite a bunch of nobles with vastly different goals, it's gold.

Only of you guys refuse to acknowledge the sovereignty of Atheo. The political rammifications of genocide on a nonhuman race? Not to mention the fact you would be killing everything in the ocean, which will destroy the worlds environmental balance.

Joke’s on you, environmental science hasn’t been invented yet. And the people of the middle ages never really did get that upset over genocides. ‘Twas just something you did.
Who would win? The entire ocean, or some greedy bois?
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Just dump waste directly over Atheo. All of it. Make sure they all get sick. Cholera’s still going strong, you know...

So I assume they’re well enough equipped to handle amounts of waste never before seen?

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm

The V O I D

(This is sort of OOC/IC thing, where it's written in IC but it's not canon)

Carnifex, let me make this clear; I am a descendant of great emperors, my own great grandfather slew hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions by his hand. You cannot threaten me. If you do so, this will be at your risk, and at the risk of the stability of the Empire. Fight me and I will build an empire of the North. You're no genius, you're just a mockery of politics and a puppet to greed. You've got experience with insubordinate generals, don't you? Then you'll think you know how to deal with me. So unless you want Terra to be broken into parts again, I suggest you not to draw my ire.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The V O I D

Carnifex, let me make this clear; I am a descendant of great emperors, my own great grandfather slew hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions by his hand. You cannot threaten me. If you do so, this will be at your risk, and at the risk of the stability of the Empire. Fight me and I will build an empire of the North. You're no genius, you're just a mockery of politics and a puppet to greed. You've got experience with insubordinate generals, don't you? Then you'll think you know how to deal with me. So unless you want Terra to be broken into parts again, I suggest you not to draw my ire.

edgy

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The V O I D

edgy

Draconia's like Texas when it comes to secession: we joined voluntarily, and many of us want to leave.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:38 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Skarten wrote:edgy

Draconia's like Texas when it comes to secession: we joined voluntarily, and many of us want to leave.

did the humans take yer jobs

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

Joke’s on you, environmental science hasn’t been invented yet. And the people of the middle ages never really did get that upset over genocides. ‘Twas just something you did.

Environmental science not existing doesnt stop mean it's not suicide.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

So I assume they’re well enough equipped to handle amounts of waste never before seen?

There are spells in place as well, so yes I would say so.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Draconia's like Texas when it comes to secession: we joined voluntarily, and many of us want to leave.

did the humans take yer jobs

#racewar

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Skarten wrote:did the humans take yer jobs

#racewar

all funded by aurinian shekels
Last edited by Skarten on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Joke’s on you, environmental science hasn’t been invented yet. And the people of the middle ages never really did get that upset over genocides. ‘Twas just something you did.

Not that they’d know it at the time.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

Not that they’d know it at the time.

I'm sorry but I'm done. I can't stop laughing because 1, I don't really think the empire cares that much about a city no one has been to before. It's like Neil Armstrong saying the moon secedes. No one cares because it was never really important to the rest of them. Worst comes to worst, fish and sea vegetation prices increase. 2, I dont actually have the monster down. I've been vague because I don't know what it is. Is it a giant crab? Is it the leviathan from Atlantis the lost empire? Is it a giant school of piranha? Is it one indestructible piranha? No one knows because I haven't even decided what to do with it.

Also I got acid in my fingernails and cuts today at work so I'm sad.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Alright official history and description of Atheo, the pit, the monster, and everything is to be up tonight.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Not that they’d know it at the time.

I'm sorry but I'm done. I can't stop laughing because 1, I don't really think the empire cares that much about a city no one has been to before. It's like Neil Armstrong saying the moon secedes. No one cares because it was never really important to the rest of them. Worst comes to worst, fish and sea vegetation prices increase. 2, I dont actually have the monster down. I've been vague because I don't know what it is. Is it a giant crab? Is it the leviathan from Atlantis the lost empire? Is it a giant school of piranha? Is it one indestructible piranha? No one knows because I haven't even decided what to do with it.

It’s not important unless you start raiding ships like you previously mentioned. Never get between nobility and their gold.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

It’s not important unless you start raiding ships like you previously mentioned. Never get between nobility and their gold.

Right. So it's mostly a matter of how the empire takes the secession. My guess is like that one NS issue? "What? Where is that? Why should I care?"

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Alright, I think I've reviewed the apps and am about to update the Roster; but just in case, can someone help me collect links to the newest unaccepted apps that are complete? Your help would be immensely appreciated.

Once I update the Roster, I intend to post IC as well as review the stuff for the Lore Post.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse