NATION

PASSWORD

How Was Your Nation Founded?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

How Was Your Nation Founded?

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 am

Here you can post the history of your nation as well as any miscellaneous tidbits about it. Questions about other nations origins are encouraged.
Last edited by Kyavan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:37 am

Kyavan was once a troubled nation by the name of Germany, the government was weak and the streets filled with protests and crime. Then, Lord Governor Nathaniel Revan and his forces decided to launch a military coup against the parliament. After years of plotting and gaining support, Revan and his supporters launched their campaign against the parliamentary forces and loyalist militias which began the "Bloody Decades". During the grueling fifty years of war that ravaged Germany, several major battles were fought but non were decisive.Not until Revan and his army marched on the capital city of Dresden. After hours of chemical bombardment, Revan and his "Death Corps" a name his men earned during their savage siege of Berlin marched into the city where weeks of brutal street fighting began. On the third week of the siege and after the battle of Altmarkt Square, Nathaniel marched into the parliament building and declared himself dictator for life. Officially ending the fifty year civil war that tore the nation apart. Thus founding, The Dictatorship of Kyavan

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:40 am

Squirrels lived everywhere sparsly, until they lived closer together.
bark, bark, I'm a squirrel
-Marshal of The Squirrel Island ran by Marshal I

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 am

Marshal I wrote:Squirrels lived everywhere sparsly, until they lived closer together.

No comment.

The Bengalis
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Bengalis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:43 am

I was bored so I made a nation.
I’m just a Bengali Boi living in Minnesota.
Pro: PewDiePie, Islam, Freedom.
Anti: Fascism, Terrorism, Oppression, T-Series.
Netural: Communism, Imperialism, Monarchism.

This nation is a reminisce of Bangladesh, and it has major power in the region, having friendly rivals and not so friendly people around it.
We don’t like it when you take our people, (cough Brasilistan cough) but other than that, we’re pretty friendly.

Roelandia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roelandia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:43 am

Roelandia was founded in the late 18th century by Roel the Great, King of Roelici and appointed leader of the Rhonau confederacy (his name was inspired by the Mythicial figure Roel the Ancient, founder of Roelici, the first city state of the Roelandian people). He led a conquest campaign against the empire of Quinifar to the north (which has its origins in the ancient Cristalgan empire, Cristalga being a city that was now part of the Rhonau confederacy). After the Capitulation of the Quinifarian forces during the siege of Bordero the empire of Quinifar was incorporated into the newly formed Grand Empire of Roelandia which encompased both the reformed Quinifarian empire (which Roel the Great was now crowned emperor of) and the Royal confederacy of the Rhonau. The grand empire survived until the civil war of the 1920's after which the nation was reformed into the Federation of the Federal Republics of Roelandia (or FFRR for short), a semi-presidential federal republic.
Last edited by Roelandia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Personal 8 values

Politiscales result

This nation represents my real life views
I don't use NS stats, but that goes without saying if you look at my factbooks.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 am

Roelandia wrote:Roelandia was founded in the late 18th century by Roel the Great, King of Roelici and appointed leader of the Rhonau confederacy (his name was inspired by the Mythicial figure Roel the Ancient, founder of Roelici, the first city state of the Roelandian people). He led a conquest campaign against the empire of Quinifar to the north (which has its origins in the ancient Cristalgan empire, Cristalga being a city that was now part of the Rhonau confederacy). After the Capitulation of the Quinifarian forces during the siege of Bordero the empire was incorporated into the newly formed the Grand Empire of Roelandia which encompased the both reformed Quinifarian empire (which Roel the Great was now crowned emperor of) and the Royal confederacy of the Rhonau. The grand empire survived until the civil war of the 1920's after which the nation was reformed into the Federation of the Federal Republics of Roelandia (or FFRR for short), a semi-presidential federal republic.

Interesting, why was there a civil war?

Hiachijan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiachijan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 am

The YC was officially founded after a shared desire of interstellar imperialism gave the most prominent Ythijen nations a common goal, leading to an international space program that later saw the invention of our first hyperdrives millenia ago.

From there, we founded colonies on our parent planet's neighboring moons, colonized habitable worlds, uplifted primitive species, and even excelled in intergalactic travel.

In modern times, our species can be found on a plethora of different worlds, but certain races hold negative views against us for not sharing technology, along with breaking a few galactic laws here and there. That, and we're naturally skilled at telling lies.
Last edited by Hiachijan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interstellar state of a blind, music-loving race of aliens. TGs are welcomed.
[floatleft][b]Q&A

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 am

Our nation was founded during the beginning of WW3 between the USSR, China, and an alliance between the United Kingdom and the US. Within 5 years, the nations of Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia were all founded and threatened the Middle East. Thus, the constitution was signed and our nation was founded. The first nations to join were Iraq and Saudi Arabia, but Syria, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen, and Oman later joined. The nations of Cyprus and Iran tried to join, but have both been annexed by Eurasia and Eastasia respectively
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 am

Hiachijan wrote:The YC was officially founded after a shared desire of interstellar imperialism gave the most prominent Ythijen nations a common goal, leading to an international space program that later saw the invention of our first hyperdrives millenia ago.

From there, we founded colonies on our parent planet's neighboring moons, colonized habitable worlds, uplifted primitive species, and even excelled in intergalactic travel.

In modern times, our species can be found on a plethora of different worlds, but certain races hold negative views against us for not sharing technology, along with breaking a few galactic laws here and there. That, and we're naturally skilled at telling lies.

you should address those grudges. In my experience, they only bubble over into full fledged rebellion.

Hiachijan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiachijan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 am

Kyavan wrote:you should address those grudges. In my experience, they only bubble over into full fledged rebellion.

It's occasionally been considered, but as one of the few peoples capable of traveling between galaxies, and because of our relative power in Andromeda, the majority of our governments simply state over and over that they don't care.

This applies to Administrator Noxi-Cyzat, our representative figure, too; "We make good music, they'll learn to like us, eventually, maybe."
Interstellar state of a blind, music-loving race of aliens. TGs are welcomed.
[floatleft][b]Q&A

The Republic of New Alabama
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of New Alabama » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am

The Micronation of The Republic of New Alabama was officially founded on April 4, 2018. A friend of King Jordan R. Jerkins I had created a micronation of his own, called the People's Republic of Parkastopia, where King Jordan served as his director of propaganda. After months of serving as his director, our great king decided that he didn't like the way that Gen. Sec. Charles P. Berzett ran his nation, so he decided to form The Micronation of The Republic of New Alabama. After a "cold war" ensued for months after, The People's Republic of Parkastopia, and The Micronation of The Republic of New Alabama signed an armistice, and agreed to allow The Republic of New Alabama to run as its own nation. The nation has been thriving ever since.
King Jordan R. Jerkins I of The Republic of New Alabama

"Monarchy is a labour intensive industry"

Roelandia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roelandia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 am

Kyavan wrote:
Roelandia wrote:Roelandia was founded in the late 18th century by Roel the Great, King of Roelici and appointed leader of the Rhonau confederacy (his name was inspired by the Mythicial figure Roel the Ancient, founder of Roelici, the first city state of the Roelandian people). He led a conquest campaign against the empire of Quinifar to the north (which has its origins in the ancient Cristalgan empire, Cristalga being a city that was now part of the Rhonau confederacy). After the Capitulation of the Quinifarian forces during the siege of Bordero the empire was incorporated into the newly formed the Grand Empire of Roelandia which encompased the both reformed Quinifarian empire (which Roel the Great was now crowned emperor of) and the Royal confederacy of the Rhonau. The grand empire survived until the civil war of the 1920's after which the nation was reformed into the Federation of the Federal Republics of Roelandia (or FFRR for short), a semi-presidential federal republic.

Interesting, why was there a civil war?

The start of the 20th century brought with it much cultural and ideological strife. Pillarisation started to set in and local cultural movements started to assert themselves.
The Burghensian movement for example wanted the area now known as the federal republic of Westcotia to secede from the territories that were then still recognised as part of the Quinifarian empire (which was one of the two subunites of the grand empire of Roelandia).
There were several reasons for this but the main argument was culture. Burghensis, a city on the west coast of Roelandia speaks a totally different variant of the Roelandian language which is distinct from the Quinifarian variant which is often called "high Roelandian". Besides this there was the fact that Burghensis had only been fairly recently conquered by the Qunifarian empire before its incorporation into the grand empire of Roelandia so a sense of "nationalism" (regionalism would perhaps be a better word for it) remained strong there. This was only one aspect however. Int he ideological sense there was a battle going on between royalists and republicans that dated back to the nations founding and which had only intensified in recent years due to the societal changes brought about by the industrial revolution of the past century. A conflict that exploded when the Emperor was murdered by a lunatic during a parade. The weak junior emperor that ascended the throne was reason enough for some hardcore republicans to depose himl and create the first Roelandian republic. A move that saw immediate action by army units sympathetic to the conservative/royalist, right-wing factions, the support for which was greatest in Quinifar. A civil war ensued in which the Burghensian movement (as an opponent of the Quinifarians, not necessarilly as a defender of the republic) and the left-wing parties joined the republic while the right-wing conservatives and army units from Quinifar joined the royalist cause. The center split in two parts, one which backed the republic and one who backed the royalists (the center party was a christian-democratic faction which had started leaning more and more to a more humanist interpretation of the world, leaving its christian roots behind for a more secular philosophy. The civil war finally tore the party into two pieces rather than having the two sides of the party resolve their differences.) the republicans eventually won and under the provisional regency of the royal chancellor the monarchy was abolished by means of popular referendum which made way for the federal republic (sometimes called the second Roelandian republic) in which Burghensis would also get its release from Quinifarian influence. The humanist-centrists would however come to lead the federal republic after its formal establishment.
Last edited by Roelandia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Personal 8 values

Politiscales result

This nation represents my real life views
I don't use NS stats, but that goes without saying if you look at my factbooks.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 am

Hiachijan wrote:
Kyavan wrote:you should address those grudges. In my experience, they only bubble over into full fledged rebellion.

It's occasionally been considered, but as one of the few peoples capable of traveling between galaxies, and because of our relative power in Andromeda, the majority of our governments simply state over and over that they don't care.

This applies to Administrator Noxi-Cyzat, our representative figure, too; "We make good music, they'll learn to like us, eventually, maybe."

Hm interesting mentality. Those we subjugate normally play host to four or five death corps battalions until they grow to like us.

Mechanian
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

How mine was founded

Postby Mechanian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:05 am

Mine was founded by rogue AIs
PAMA OS copyright 2077 NCM labs

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 am

Mechanian wrote:Mine was founded by rogue AIs

And that is why technology is limited in my country

American Louisiana-Alabama
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby American Louisiana-Alabama » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 am

In the wake of the 2nd American Civil War leaders from Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama gathered together to decide what to do with their three states. Would they give into Confederate pressures, or would they sign with the Union? The governor of Louisiana suggested an alternative. He suggested a three-state solution; in which each state would sign a federation where each state would follow one leader (Governor of Louisiana) yet have their own autonomy, similar to the former government of the United States. As years when by, more states signed until American Louisiana-Alabama consisted of Eastern Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Puerto Rico.

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 am

American Louisiana-Alabama wrote:In the wake of the 2nd American Civil War leaders from Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama gathered together to decide what to do with their three states. Would they give into Confederate pressures, or would they sign with the Union? The governor of Louisiana suggested an alternative. He suggested a three-state solution; in which each state would sign a federation where each state would follow one leader (Governor of Louisiana) yet have their own autonomy, similar to the former government of the United States. As years when by, more states signed until American Louisiana-Alabama consisted of Eastern Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico?! Your nation is lucky to have such a naval foothold in the Caribbean. Our ports are all on the north sea which is dominated by EuroScandia.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 am

Thermodolia was created when the East and West kingdoms united to form the United Kingdom of Thermodolia.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 am

Thermodolia wrote:Thermodolia was created when the East and West kingdoms united to form the United Kingdom of Thermodolia.

East and West kingdoms? Elaborate.

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 am

1. Frankish Eurosans, Vikings, and Southeast Aseians compete for land across the Golden Circum. Migration of Lenist heretics, freemasons, and liberals fron Eurosa to the new continent due to persecution. Frankish West Laira colonial government established.
2. Greedy Carolingine aristocracy started enforcing taxes and implementing mercantilist trade policy. People became poor. The obvious solution is to K I L L. T H E M. A L L.
3. The entire Lairan continent declares independence war, victory, genocide of natives, continental war, first industrialization and imperialism, etc. Eventually the Lairan Union was formed in 1963 and federalized in 2015.

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 am

Hysteria was a fishing colony and somewhat a penal colony for a long time for the Norwegians, and with the harsh conditions, an intense form of collectivism formed, breaking a lot of social barriers in the war unheard of. Such as woman rights and sexual equality, but those were not Hysteria's pride.
That is the fact that it stood on a land where humans can't live, and did it anyway. It later got independence when Norway lost against Sweden at a unknown point..

There were many revolts in its history fighting over who should run a nation. Most recently the current government was a revolution from presidential dictatorship with Alen Win holding full control. he was thought of being an American or Chinese puppet. With the Royal revolution that is how Hysteria is the nation today, with Maxims reforms and he effort to give his people the free will they deserve for living on this hellish landscape
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am

After the people’s hate of Cromwell’s government, they sail away in 1651, reaching RL Canada and forming Bluelight. Through the fast discovery of fossil fuel, we managed to advance quite fast in quite small time.

United Universal Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Universal Union » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 am

snip
Last edited by United Universal Union on Mon May 13, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I felt like going on a power trip, and thought to myself "Hey Ell, what nation/faction would be possibly the most overpowered one you could create?" And somewhere in my head the name "The Combine" screamed.
So this is exactly wat I'm doing! Pray that the Union doesn't notice you, because it probably won't.
Puppet of https://www.nationstates.net/nation=rus ... respublica
Curious about my nation? Wanna suggest me something? Click on me then!
A 2.18181818182 civilization(Tier 11 Level 0 Type 11), according to this index.
Many people are doing it so WHY CAN'T I?!?!! Oh yeah, I have a Discord server, join me and enjoy life on the Overworld!

New Melvonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Melvonia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am

The precise story of Melvonia's origins are lost in the mists of time and the subject of vigorous debate among historians. The following outline is generally agreed upon, however.
During the long drawn-out collapse of the Roman Empire in Europe, a senator named Melvonius was ordered to embark an army and clear out some of the pirates and rebels plaguing the east Mediterranean. Melvonius protested that he wasn't really a plumed-helmets-and-eagles sort of Roman, much more a swanning-about-in-a-toga-having-banquets sort of Roman, but in vain. If anything, it convinced the Emperor that he wouldn't defect and turn into yet another would-be rival himself.
With immense reluctance, Melvonius set sail accompanied by his entire family and the most important members of his household - cooks, party-planners, fan-wavers, wine-pourers, goblet-pollishers and so on - and a few dozen unfit and underpaid legionnaries to make up the numbers.
Before long, the inevitable happened and Melvonius's ships were "blown off course", far away from the battles they were meant to be fighting. (Almost everyone agrees that this unfortunate accident was completely deliberate.) The fleet eventually landed on a beautiful, tranquil, fertile and sparsely inhabited island.
Melvonius was no soldier, but thanks to his banquet heavy life in Rome he was an expert in lying, floridly, elaborately and sometimes almost even convincingly. He used trained carrier pigeons to report back regularly to the Senate and People of Rome, detailing his fleet's heroic exploits and stirring victories, none of which actually happened. Meanwhile, the fleet itself set about peacefully farming the island, growing grape vines, feasting, and generally letting the Eternal Empire collapse around them while they stayed well out of it.
At some point - records are unclear when - the fleet and the few indigenous islanders elected Melvonius king. Of course, at the time that would have been the signal for the leader to muster his troops, raise his standard and stake everything on a death-or-glory voyage back to Rome, to sieze the Imperial throne for himself. And of course, Melvonius did no such thing. He distributed a "bonus" to his troops, bought everyone a drink, and basically forgot the whole thing.
While may other cultures might find this an unimpressive, or even dishonourable, start to a nation's story, the descendents of Melvonius - the Melvonians - still consider him a founder of great practical wisdom and common sense. At worst, Melvonians can indeed be cowardly insincere drunkards, but at best they are paragons of pacifism, experts in good living, wily avoiders of unnecessary conflict, and (this is their greatest source of national pride) exemplars of the dignified refusal to get involved in bloodshed for no good reason.
Thr subsequent history of Melvonia has reflected this, being peaceful, uneventful and quite exceptionally dull.
Last edited by New Melvonia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information