NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Zapatha wrote:tagging

Just a heads up moderation is calling tagging posts spam now. Might want to put a little bit more text in.

Oh jeez I'm sorry about that didn't mean it as spam.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Zapatha wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
Just a heads up moderation is calling tagging posts spam now. Might want to put a little bit more text in.

Oh jeez I'm sorry about that didn't mean it as spam.

Not a problem. Like Elysian said, I don't agree with it either. But the mods are the mods, and I just don't want to see another role player booted because of some stupid rule he didn't know about most people lately just say something like "this looks interesting. I'll come back to it."

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am

Bla Ary wrote:
Clarcia wrote:
I’m trying to call him out for abandoning his Empire after t war Oof. He had multiple people submit stuff, kept promising dates to accept hem, and never did. He went dark after that. Just left ya all hanging. At first I thought he was just taking a break, but it turns out he’s been here the whole time. It would have been nice if he at least had the Chrissy to tell people the RP was dead in the water. One post would’ve sufficed.

That seems tremendously inappropriate to be saying not just as an applicant but on a personal level. Roleplaying unfortunately does not take precedence over real life, and I myself am also guilty of dropping multiple things out of the blue too focus on important events in real life.

I am unfortunately very guilty of that myself. Gone inactive in RP's, and have had my nation exed due to inactivity despite wanting to make the time to continue the RP's I was in, forgot to post, all that. Pretty common story all things considered.

Bla Ary wrote:Sorry if I'm overstepping V O I D, but I know you're busy and you've got other things going on as well. Take your time if need be.

I have the same sentiment myself, it is a busy time of year for me as well (seeing as college is starting back up) so I am trying to work out balancing my time between this and that and I don't mind slower RPs as I have noted before.

Bla Ary wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Can someone find a more polite way of saying "If you are going to call someone out for their conduct in another RP or ask about the status of an RP do it in either that RP's thread or via telegram"? Granted I understand the complaint completely since no one like OPs that go dark without CO-OPs to handle things or keep them going.

If I had gotten my post up before you... oh well, I tried. Now its churro time.

Ah well. :P
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
That seems tremendously inappropriate to be saying not just as an applicant but on a personal level. Roleplaying unfortunately does not take precedence over real life, and I myself am also guilty of dropping multiple things out of the blue too focus on important events in real life.

I am unfortunately very guilty of that myself. Gone inactive in RP's, and have had my nation exed due to inactivity despite wanting to make the time to continue the RP's I was in, forgot to post, all that. Pretty common story all things considered.

Bla Ary wrote:Sorry if I'm overstepping V O I D, but I know you're busy and you've got other things going on as well. Take your time if need be.

I have the same sentiment myself, it is a busy time of year for me as well (seeing as college is starting back up) so I am trying to work out balancing my time between this and that and I don't mind slower RPs as I have noted before.

Bla Ary wrote:
If I had gotten my post up before you... oh well, I tried. Now its churro time.

Ah well. :P

Always good to have these ooc relationships going well so ic the icey bois don't come down and freeze your entire underwater city. And the temptation will be there after Atheo seceded and doesnt show for the meeting like they're supposed too.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 am

The V O I D wrote:I'm gonna say right now that the Imperial Guard is not going to let anything more than a Lord or Lady's personal guard into the Imperial City. Like, okay, sure, bring your entire army and try to march pass the Imperial City's walls - they will most likely be slaughtered by the Imperial Guard, the other Lord(s)/Lady(ies) and any of their armies which are present... and that's before we even get to the Imperial Armies guarding the Capital Province. Or any of the countless other forces bound to be present in the Province, let alone protecting the Imperial City.

In point of fact, not only would trying to march your entire army passed the Imperial City's walls most likely get that army obliterated, but the Master of the Grand Order of the Gaian Throne would likely automatically disqualify you from sitting on the Throne and you'd be giving a good reason for the future Emperor or Empress to strip your family of your nobility and to send the Imperial Armies/rally up the Lords/Ladies of the Empire in unity under their banner for the sole purpose of quashing your rebellion/the threat of you trying to conquer them (as, after all, if you had the gall to try invading the Imperial City, what's stopping you from invading them? the future Emperor/Empress would argue).

So... yeah. It's fine to bring your army with you into the Capital Province, if you're making a show (like some other Lords/Ladies are no doubt doing), but the Imperial Guard and Imperial Armies will be watching you and ready to squash you. Not only that, but the entire Imperial Court is just waiting for someone to do something so stupid as to try and invade the Imperial City, to rally the rest of the Court's support behind them to “squash the bloody traitors!” to the Empire.

You might as well put a mighty red ribbon on the Gaian Throne, with a tag that says “To [Insert NOT-MY-LORD/LADY'S NAME Here]” - as you'd be gifting the Throne to literally anyone except for yourself.

Anyways, roster update soon, then an IC post, then I'll update the Lore Post soon enough. I am going to update the House List as well, since I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Oh, they’re not walking into the city, just waiting outside of it.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:37 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Grand Duke Randyll Lancelet VII, Duke of Eroria and Grenadiere, Protector of the South, Lord of Castle Lancelet
(Age: 18
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance: https://www.deviantart.com/gerryarthur/ ... -639091343
Randyll is not very tall, standing at only around 5’10
Personality: Randyll is very much a “live for the moment” type of guy, befitting his young age and status. He acts before he thinks, which made him a natural fighter but also got him into trouble from time to time, but due to his family’s status he always got away with it. Through it all however, Randyll is a compassionate, if not a bit naive, kid who is struggling with filling his father’s shoes.
Skills: Randyll is a born and raised warrior through and through, showing an unnatural ease and confidence in swordfighting, though he is somewhat learned in using a mace as well as a shield. Randyll is also one of, if not the Empire’s greatest jousters, having competed in and won his first contest at only 14. Randyll was never trained in the magical arts however.

Randyll is also an adept smoothe talker, though he sometimes overestimates his ability to talk himself out of a situation.
House: House Lancelet
Loyalties: House Lancelet was always one of the throne’s most trusted allies, and Randyll seeks to continue that friendship even in light of House Regine’s extinction. Randyll does not support Lord Carnifex’s claim to the throne, as he feels that a man with such suspicion around him doesn’t deserve to rule Gaia’s greatest creation.
Biography: Randyll Lancelet was born in splendor, the son of the Duke of Eroria and Duchess of Grenadiere. Randyll’s birth was a time of great turmoil however, as his mother died in childbirth leaving him as her only heir. His father was devastated, and would not even look upon his son for days, leaving the little duke under the care of his wet nurses. Randyll grew up with his father in Eroria mostly, though he attended some ceremonies with his regent in Grenadiere from time to time. Randyll’s father was always hard on him, earning his son’s animosity when he didn’t pay attention while learning about the Empire’s history and lessons in mathematics. Randyll’s true passions were martial, as he enjoyed sparring against his father and Castle Lancelet’s master-of-arms. His favorite pastime however was riding, as he was a natural when it came to jousting and such.

As Randyll grew older, he and his father began to make amends as his father had come to accept that Randyll wasn’t to blame for his wife’s death. Randyll also appreciated his relationship with his father, as he heeded his advice when it came time for him to take his place as ruler of the duchy of Grenadiere. For 2 years, Randyll and his court presided over a peaceful lordship over the duchy and his vassals adored the young Duke, who they found to be like the knights from the fairy tales. Peace would not last however, as a group of bandits would set up shop in one of the duchy’s forests and ambush trade and merchant caravans. Randyll prepared his forces to annhilate the bandits, and his father offered to join the expedition as well. When Randyll and the rest of his forces rode to the forest prepared to smoke out the bandits with flame, they were ambushed on the road by around 200 men. Arrows flew around Randyll’s head, as he quickly ordered his men to raise their shields to weather the volley of arrows which assailed them. Once they stopped, Randyll and his mounted contingent charged forward, riding down the assailants. Randyll’s own archers rained down arrows on them as well, causing them to rout. As they celebrated their victory however, one stray arrow from the bandits hit his father in the neck which severed an artery. As his father fell from his horse to the ground, Randyll let out a cry that those who bore witness would never forget. As he held his father in his arms, bleeding out, Randyll frantically tried to heal the wound however his father had already lost too much blood to be saved.

Ever since his father’s death, Randyll has strived to be the man his father wanted him to be. He regretted for how long he and his father hated each other, the arguments they had. It’s been almost a year now since his father died, and Randyll has healed mostly, clinging onto his father through his memories with him. As he inherited his father’s lands and titles, he is now referred to as “Grand Duke” and governs the neighboring lands of Grenadiere and Eroria in the Empire’s Southern region from House Lancelet’s ancestral seat, Castle Lancelet. In his rule, he has outlawed the practice of slavery in his lands as well as providing more funding for regular patrols on important roads of commerce. Before the Empress died, he also had gone to the Throne-City to swear her his fealty and presented her with a gift of a rare sapphire and other gemstones found in the mines of Eroria. In the wake of the empress’ untimely demise, Randyll has traveled to the Throne City to lend his help in choosing the Terran Empire’s next leader.

House/Lands Description
House Lancelet is one of the Empire’s oldest lines of nobility, having been descended from ancient petty kings before the rise of House Regine. A legend of the family tells that the last Lancelet king was defeated by a Regine Emperor, but was spared due to his honor and skill in battle. Ever since, House Lancelet has remained loyal to the Empire and House Regine. Members of House Lancelet have served as Steward’s, Generals, and even Regents during the Regine’s reign, and have proven themselves to be one of the Empire’s most trusted houses. Today, many Lancelet cadet branches rule different lands across the Empire, however the main line still resides and rules in the Duchy of Eroria.

The Lancelets rule the lands of Eroria, often referred to as the Empire’s “Bread Basket”, as it is here where most of the Empire gets its food imported. Great rivers run through Eroria, and many large villages, towns and cities dot the countryside. Eroria is famous for its many wines, and also producing many varieties of fruit which can’t be found elsewhere in the Empire. Eroria is also one of the Empire’s most peaceful lands, with no threats to humans of any kind aside from the occasional noble house squabble or bandits. In these lands, the capital is the great city of Oldsburg, reputed to be almost as old as the Throne-City itself. It is here where Eroria’s riches are on full display, as over the centuries countless artists, sculptors, metallurgists, and other artisans have come to practice their craft and gain patronage from one of the city’s great noble families or merchants. Castle Lancelet, House Lancelet’s ancient castle, is a resplendent fortress of white stone and marble, with thick but moderately tall walls situated upon a hill overlooking Oldsburg itself. The city is the castle’s main defense, as Oldsburg’s walls are over 200 feet tall and have never fallen to invasion.

Grenadiere is historically the lands of the now extinct House Carter, however since his mother was the last of her family, the Lancelets now rule over these lands as well. Grenadiere is a mountainous land, covered in deep forests and valleys. Grenadiere is sparsely populated, as several villages dot the land among the mountains and valleys inland. The duchy’s only city would be the port of Langsburg, and even then calling it a “city” would be a stretch in other regions of the empire. Even so, the duchy’s real power lies in not its population, but its mines. The mountains are home to over a dozen Dwarven holdfasts and keeps deep in the mountains, and hold considerable sway in the duchy’s political scene. In their mines, gold, silver, precious gems, and the rarest metal in the Terran Empire, Iridunum, can be found. Dwarven smiths in Grenadiere are some of the best in the world, as only they know how to forge Iridunum products such as swords and armor. When forged by these Dwarves, Iridunum is stronger and lighter than even the best steel weapons and armor. The emperors of House Regine are known to have had armor and weapons forged for them by the Dwarves of Grenadiere. The greatest hold today is called Irraz Khunzar, ruled by King Furgil Whitebeard, who is known to be one of young Lord Randyll’s most trusted advisors. The duchy is protected by the sea and by a string of forts known as the “Five Forts” which are in the Mountains of Gunmir on the duchy’s borders. These forts are manned by both man and dwarf alike to protect their homelands from invasion.

Combined, Lord Randyll could call up to 10,000 men from his vassals to war and hire mercenaries due to his family’s great wealth. This number shouldn’t fool anyone however, as most knights and levies of Randyll’s realm have only known peace their whole lives and have never been to war before.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=442718
viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=429594
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438552

#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Zapatha on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:17 am

Zapatha wrote:
APPLICATION:

Name: Grand Duke Randyll Lancelet VII, Duke of Eroria and Grenadiere, Protector of the South, Lord of Castle Lancelet
Personality: Randyll is very much a “live for the moment” type of guy, befitting his young age and status. He acts before he thinks, which made him a natural fighter but also got him into trouble from time to time, but due to his family’s status he always got away with it. Through it all however, Randyll is a compassionate, if not a bit naive, kid who is struggling with filling his father’s shoes.
Skills: Randyll is a born and raised warrior through and through, showing an unnatural ease and confidence in swordfighting, though he is somewhat learned in using a mace as well as a shield. Randyll is also one of, if not the Empire’s greatest jousters, having competed in and won his first contest at only 14. Randyll was never trained in the magical arts however.

Randyll is also an adept smoothe talker, though he sometimes overestimates his ability to talk himself out of a situation.
Loyalties: House Lancelet was always one of the throne’s most trusted allies, and Randyll seeks to continue that friendship even in light of House Regine’s extinction. Randyll does not support Lord Carnifex’s claim to the throne, as he feels that a man with such suspicion around him doesn’t deserve to rule Gaia’s greatest creation.
Biography: Randyll Lancelet was born in splendor, the son of the Duke of Eroria and Duchess of Grenadiere. Randyll’s birth was a time of great turmoil however, as his mother died in childbirth leaving him as her only heir. His father was devastated, and would not even look upon his son for days, leaving the little duke under the care of his wet nurses. Randyll grew up with his father in Eroria mostly, though he attended some ceremonies with his regent in Grenadiere from time to time. Randyll’s father was always hard on him, earning his son’s animosity when he didn’t pay attention while learning about the Empire’s history and lessons in mathematics. Randyll’s true passions were martial, as he enjoyed sparring against his father and Castle Lancelet’s master-of-arms. His favorite pastime however was riding, as he was a natural when it came to jousting and such.

As Randyll grew older, he and his father began to make amends as his father had come to accept that Randyll wasn’t to blame for his wife’s death. Randyll also appreciated his relationship with his father, as he heeded his advice when it came time for him to take his place as ruler of the duchy of Grenadiere. For 2 years, Randyll and his court presided over a peaceful lordship over the duchy and his vassals adored the young Duke, who they found to be like the knights from the fairy tales. Peace would not last however, as a group of bandits would set up shop in one of the duchy’s forests and ambush trade and merchant caravans. Randyll prepared his forces to annhilate the bandits, and his father offered to join the expedition as well. When Randyll and the rest of his forces rode to the forest prepared to smoke out the bandits with flame, they were ambushed on the road by around 200 men. Arrows flew around Randyll’s head, as he quickly ordered his men to raise their shields to weather the volley of arrows which assailed them. Once they stopped, Randyll and his mounted contingent charged forward, riding down the assailants. Randyll’s own archers rained down arrows on them as well, causing them to rout. As they celebrated their victory however, one stray arrow from the bandits hit his father in the neck which severed an artery. As his father fell from his horse to the ground, Randyll let out a cry that those who bore witness would never forget. As he held his father in his arms, bleeding out, Randyll frantically tried to heal the wound however his father had already lost too much blood to be saved.

Ever since his father’s death, Randyll has strived to be the man his father wanted him to be. He regretted for how long he and his father hated each other, the arguments they had. It’s been almost a year now since his father died, and Randyll has healed mostly, clinging onto his father through his memories with him. As he inherited his father’s lands and titles, he is now referred to as “Grand Duke” and governs the neighboring lands of Grenadiere and Eroria in the Empire’s Southern region from House Lancelet’s ancestral seat, Castle Lancelet. In his rule, he has outlawed the practice of slavery in his lands as well as providing more funding for regular patrols on important roads of commerce. Before the Empress died, he also had gone to the Throne-City to swear her his fealty and presented her with a gift of a rare sapphire and other gemstones found in the mines of Eroria. In the wake of the empress’ untimely demise, Randyll has traveled to the Throne City to lend his help in choosing the Terran Empire’s next leader.

House/Lands Description
House Lancelet is one of the Empire’s oldest lines of nobility, having been descended from ancient petty kings before the rise of House Regine. A legend of the family tells that the last Lancelet king was defeated by a Regine Emperor, but was spared due to his honor and skill in battle. Ever since, House Lancelet has remained loyal to the Empire and House Regine. Members of House Lancelet have served as Steward’s, Generals, and even Regents during the Regine’s reign, and have proven themselves to be one of the Empire’s most trusted houses. Today, many Lancelet cadet branches rule different lands across the Empire, however the main line still resides and rules in the Duchy of Eroria.

The Lancelets rule the lands of Eroria, often referred to as the Empire’s “Bread Basket”, as it is here where most of the Empire gets its food imported. Great rivers run through Eroria, and many large villages, towns and cities dot the countryside. Eroria is famous for its many wines, and also producing many varieties of fruit which can’t be found elsewhere in the Empire. Eroria is also one of the Empire’s most peaceful lands, with no threats to humans of any kind aside from the occasional noble house squabble or bandits. In these lands, the capital is the great city of Oldsburg, reputed to be almost as old as the Throne-City itself. It is here where Eroria’s riches are on full display, as over the centuries countless artists, sculptors, metallurgists, and other artisans have come to practice their craft and gain patronage from one of the city’s great noble families or merchants. Castle Lancelet, House Lancelet’s ancient castle, is a resplendent fortress of white stone and marble, with thick but moderately tall walls situated upon a hill overlooking Oldsburg itself. The city is the castle’s main defense, as Oldsburg’s walls are over 200 feet tall and have never fallen to invasion.

Grenadiere is historically the lands of the now extinct House Carter, however since his mother was the last of her family, the Lancelets now rule over these lands as well. Grenadiere is a mountainous land, covered in deep forests and valleys. Grenadiere is sparsely populated, as several villages dot the land among the mountains and valleys inland. The duchy’s only city would be the port of Langsburg, and even then calling it a “city” would be a stretch in other regions of the empire. Even so, the duchy’s real power lies in not its population, but its mines. The mountains are home to over a dozen Dwarven holdfasts and keeps deep in the mountains, and hold considerable sway in the duchy’s political scene. In their mines, gold, silver, precious gems, and the rarest metal in the Terran Empire, Iridunum, can be found. Dwarven smiths in Grenadiere are some of the best in the world, as only they know how to forge Iridunum products such as swords and armor. When forged by these Dwarves, Iridunum is stronger and lighter than even the best steel weapons and armor. The emperors of House Regine are known to have had armor and weapons forged for them by the Dwarves of Grenadiere. The greatest hold today is called Irraz Khunzar, ruled by King Furgil Whitebeard, who is known to be one of young Lord Randyll’s most trusted advisors. The duchy is protected by the sea and by a string of forts known as the “Five Forts” which are in the Mountains of Gunmir on the duchy’s borders. These forts are manned by both man and dwarf alike to protect their homelands from invasion.

Combined, Lord Randyll could call up to 80,000 men from his vassals to war and hire mercenaries due to his family’s great wealth. This number shouldn’t fool anyone however, as most knights and levies of Randyll’s realm have only known peace their whole lives and have never been to war before.

#SeizeTheThrone

Hm, person who came to the position while young (13 for mine 17 for yours I'm assuming), very loyal to the throne and House Regine, detestation of slavery, and dwarves... friendly rivalry between our territories and characters? :P Granted I am still working on my land's lore and such so there are plenty of differences when it is done (and will result in me altering some details about my character anyway).

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:18 am

huh, another character that lost his father to bandits. The Randyll's men would utterly piss in their pants if they fought against the Blood Knights riding on their Nightmare mounts.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 am

Union Princes wrote:huh, another character that lost his father to bandits. The Randyll's men would utterly piss in their pants if they fought against the Blood Knights riding on their Nightmare mounts.

Bandits seem to be a pressing problem in the Empire, we really should do something about it. (not much of an issue in Velira's lands, the forests contain much worse).

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Bandits seem to be a pressing problem in the Empire, we really should do something about it. (not much of an issue in Velira's lands, the forests contain much worse).

Just have the Lesser Vampires be sent out on bandit patrol. There would be no more bandit attacks by the end of the year.
Last edited by Union Princes on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 am

Union Princes wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Bandits seem to be a pressing problem in the Empire, we really should do something about it. (not much of an issue in Velira's lands, the forests contain much worse).

Just have the Lesser Vampires be sent out on bandit patrol. There would be no more bandit attacks by the end of the year.

What about the Xarai Desert bandits

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 am

Lesser Vampires love a good fight. The Desert Bandits will be overwhelmed by every vampire trying their hardest to kill them as soon as word gets out that they are formidable foes.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Felix Asheroth, King Felix XI of the Presvulcane, Grand Prince of Livingstone, Duke of Blackveil and Riverlow, Lord of House Asheroth (Terran)
Felix Ysabela'smin, Hglrofte-Presvulcane, Gdlrofte-Temnwewewefd, Lrofte-Tevywetewdmsus n Terrttfsusal, Te'Ashera (Presvulcane)
Race: Presvulcane Human of Some Distant Mixed Ancestry, most prominently Elvish and Dragonborn.
Appearance:

Personality: Felix has a rather large personality, rather outgoing, not one to keep his opinions very private unless of course, those opinions would get him killed. Somewhat impulsive in his personal affairs, somewhat over calculating in his diplomatic affairs, fairly unpredictable in both. He cares a great deal for his family and friends. He has always had a weakness for a good looking lord or lady. He can come off as a bit cold to people he doesn't know very well or doesn't care about in general, but otherwise, once you get to know him, he's rather warm. It takes a lot to make him hate a person, but once he does hate you, you better start praying to whatever god and/or gods you believe in that he never gets you in his dungeon.
Skills: Swordfighting, Archery, Statecraft, Elemental Magic, Illusionary Magic, Perception
House: Asheroth
Loyalties: Presvulca and the Presvulcane. House Asheroth. Himself. He'd support nearly anyone before he'd support House Carnifex, he'd support becoming an Independent Nation before supporting House Carnifex.
King Felix XI was born Prince Felix. He was the son of Princess Ysabela, a native Presvulcane, and her Husband, Prince Erik, a man from the Northeastern reaches of Terra. His birth was celebrated throughout Presvulca, as he was the firstborn, legitimate, member of his generation.

Born as the fourth-in-line for the Throne, behind his Mom, Aunt, and Grandfather, he wasn't expected to one day take the throne as he would be pushed down the line by any future cousins birthed from his Aunt. As his Mom had grown up under the same circumstances, yet under a strict and generally authority father, she planned to raise her children in a more free environment, so that they could be children while they were still children. While still young he would often explore the vast tunnels of the Castle Mount, the Merchant District of Livingstone, and his Mom's various journals on Magic she had collected over the years.

When he was 2, his Aunt, Princess Artemis, named after the Empress, had announced she was pregnant. The only problem was that when the baby was born, it was clearly a mixture of Human and Elf, not Human and Dragonborn. Now, usually, this wouldn't be a problem. Princess Artemis could just take the father as a second husband. However, let's just say her Husband was a somewhat prideful man. He quickly challenged the father to a battle to the death, while it was expected that Dragonborn would win, the Elf turned out to be an extremely powerful warlock. It would end in a draw, but neither would live to the end of the week.

Princess Artemis would quickly become a shell of her former self; she practically refused to find another Husband, leading to her father, Crown Prince Agustin, marrying her to a distant cousin so she could produce an heir. As Princess Artemis withdrew from public life, Felix's branch of the family slowly gained more and more popularity, some in the nobility even though Artemis should be passed over in favor of Felix's Mom. It only helped that case when she gave birth to her second child a few months after her sister gave birth to her bastard.

When Felix was six, his Aunt had again announced she was pregnant, and for a brief few hours a few months later, Felix would be the fifth-in-line, then his Aunt died from complications while giving birth. Her son was named Leonard, after his father. Her funeral would be a rather small affair for someone who was once thought to be sitting on the Throne one day.

It was around this time that Felix would start his formal education; his Mom would ask her childhood tutor to educate her son. He would find that Felix had the same proficiency for magic from a young age, albeit for different forms, much like his mother and her mother before her and so on and so on. In his first two years of education, he still wasn't seen as someone who would end up on the Throne one day. However, it quickly became clear that Prince Leonard basically didn't have an immune system, so with the very real threat that he could die young, Felix's education was beefed up so he could be a competent ruler one day if need be.

When Felix was 10, his Great-Grandma, Queen Ysabela XXVI, passed away. He was very close with her, much more so than her successor and son, King Agustin XXXI. Felix was now thrid-in-line, behind his Mom and Cousin. His Grandfather was not a good ruler for Presvulca, besides from just lacking the general traits good leaders have, he was a human supremacist and a sexist, and more loyal to Terran Culture than Presvulcane Culture. One of the first things he did was revoke the titles of any Dukes who were too Non-human for him. He would try numerous times during his reign to change the succession laws back to how they were during House Edus, luckily, each time he failed.

It was around that time; Princess Ysabela started trying to contact her late sister's soul, looking for advice on how to stop that madness that was their father's reign. Around the time Felix was 12, his Half-Uncle was forced to marry a noblewoman whose father owned some land near the Imperial City. He was known as quite the ladies man. He had fathered several bastards, so it didn't come as a shock while he continued to meet with his various paramours. At 14, Felix's Mom had passed away, over the years as she had continued to try and contact her sister, various lost souls began inhabiting her body. She ultimately failed in an attempt to get them out, killing her. At 15, his cousin, Prince Leonard, finally died from some disease. Prince Felix took a new title, Crown Prince. His Half-Uncle invited him to a plot to kill the King; he was rather old already, reaching 80, it would come to much of a shock to the people if he did drop dead, would it? Felix accepted after looking into it to see if it wasn't just a plot to get Felix out of the line of succession.

It would take time, and plotting, but in 12338, King Agustin XXXI would, ultimately, pass away in his sleep. At 17, Felix became King of the Presvulcane. So far he has been known as a just King who tends to put his people above all else. He has erased most of the actions taken by his grandfather and has given the titles back to his non-human vassals. Some have suspected that he's planning on legitimizing two of his bastard cousins as they both serve in his Kingsguard and his Court.

RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=442992
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=455401
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424083
#SeizeTheThrone

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 am

Still working on it in the extreme but I am posting what I have for the lore post for my lands so far in case I bring up anything I have right now. Some of the spoilers have nothing in them as a side note

The Lands of House Velira, the land of the North East

History

Known once as simply the Northern Lands, but is called Vlka by locals and the the Velira Territory or Lands on official maps, it was a land that had long resisted colonization of the Terran Empire, it was not because of some great power or enemy of the Empire but simply because of the beasts and monsters that dwelt in these lands where there was no sign of civilization except for an isolated dwarven settlement underneath the Iron Mountains, completely cut off from contact with the outside world due to the monsters and struggling to make it another day. The outskirts of the territory, the land that the Empire managed to colonize, consisted of small villages and outposts that were frequently attacked by the beasts that dwelled in these lands, most common being werewolves and wolfmen but there were many far worse creatures there. While some might say that werewolves and wolfmen are intelligent creatures the ones who lived in these lands entirely lacked the spark of intelligence and were simple animals that killed and reproduced, the same applied to the other creatures that live in the forests. No attempt to beat them back and colonize the territory lasted for long but eventually, as with all things, things changed.

The last Terran invasion, led by the Mage Valerius Velira, was a terrible one as he marshaled as many troops as the Emperor would permit him to take and he invaded at the head of a conquering army and, to the surprise of many, he was successful. One could attribute his success to a few simple things. Firstly he took the time and care to fortify all of his gains, whether that be temporary palisades or traps he would do all he could to bite and hold onto the land while spreading his net outwards and purging the creatures. Secondly he brought the full force of his magic to bear against the beasts, indeed a favorite tale in some villages is the story of the Mage standing before the horde of ravenous beasts seeking his flesh and that of his army and, raising his staff, he chanted a prayer to the Gods. With that the ice the beasts were charging over towards him cracked and broke apart plunging many of the beasts into the icy depths of the lake they were over and many of them drowned with those who managed to escape the water being slain by his men. Thirdly, and most cynically, he did not care about the losses, no matter how many of his troops were wiped out he simply advanced and put down any of his soldiers that came down with the curses that plagued the land. It was a relentless march for the domination of man. Legends and tales are still told around the fires tto this day of the great battles waged against the evils of this land such as the slaying of the Beast of the River or and the Devil of the Red Tree. Greatest among these was the battle of the Fang, where the Mage faced the largest werewolf ever seen at that time and since. The battle was one that lasted for days as the Mage hunted the monster on the battlefield and the monster hunted him until the Mage finally struck him down, nearly losing his own life in the process, it is said the fang of the beast was buried in the ground there after the mage struck him with a ball of ice and that led to what was the nickname of the City of the Fange coming into being a nickname that eventually replaced the name of the city as it was forgotten at somepoint.

Nowadays it is a lonely land in many areas inhabited almost entirely by the descendants of the army that invaded (the officers of the Army and particularly great sosldiers forming the nobility of that land) or the initial waves of colonists that came in the wake of the conquering army, holding onto the ways of their ancestors with the determination that defined the conquering army. Few wish to immigrate to these lands as life is not extraordinarily easy, especially outside of the cities, in fact life is hard with strong winters and a constant effort in some areas to ensure they make it to the next year… and that is not even counting the Black Forests whose monsters still threaten the dominion of man to this day and, despite every effort to achieve a final victory, it is a war without end waged outside the walls of the isolated villages and forts that dare to exist close to or even within the forest. But at the end of the day it is a stable and relatively self-sufficient land, perhaps one of the most stable lands in the entire Empire, and, perhaps most importantly, it is a loyal land, bound by absolute loyalty in its bonds and oaths to its lords and to the Empire.

House Velira
The absolute rulers of the land by right of conquest and obligations of blood.

Current members of the House by order in the line of succession
High Duke Valerius Velira
(1)Lady Helen Velira, sister to the High Duke, age 18
(2)Lady Maria Velira, sister to the High Duke, age 14
(3)Lady Astrilde Velira, sister to the High Duke, age 8
(4)Lord Harald Velira, uncle to the High Duke and younger brother of the previous one, age 37
(5)Lord Hermod Velira, cousin to the High Duke and son of Lord Joseph, age 10
(6)Lady Margaret Velira, cousin to the High Duke and daughter of Lord Joseph, age 8
(7)Lord Bartholomew Velira, great uncle to the High Duke, age 70

The Iron Mountains

The Black Forest
“The Forest of Nightmares. Outsiders at least know of the wolves but they do not know, and cannot understand, the beasts that dwell deeper within the forest. We avoid those beasts Evil, this place is evil where no man should dwell.

The City of the Fang
While there are multiple cities in the territory, especially along the coast and most prominently in the southern area in order to act as harbors, the inland City of the Fang (commonly called just “The Fang” by locals) is the most important city of the entire territory and official capital of all of Vlka.

The Icy Keep

Villages

Military

As expected given the nature of their lands all villages have militias that consist of most of the menfolk of that village.

Also known as the Iron Warriors these troops are the standing military unit for the dwarven people of Vlka and the strongest support unit for the Vlka Military. Primarily wearing iron or steel armor and wielding warhammers and battle axes crafted by the dwarf smiths they serve as formidable shock troopers on the battlefield. They are typically deployed in squads and used to smash certain points in the enemy army or simply hold a position with all the stubbornness that embodies their people. Morale tends to be high for them when they are fighting under their Lord as they still view their freedom and rights, and the very fact they exist, as being owed to him. The Auxiliaries also has a crossbow arm that supplements the crossbowmen of the main army and the archers that are part of the militia.

The organized body of mages in the Velira Lands and is part interest and research society, part military body, and part tribunal. Formally led by the High Duke but a council of mages and priests for the day to day affairs. The most popular type of magic studied is ice magic, obviously. Views of them by the common man varies depending on how superstitious the person in question is but generally it is accepted as a way to contain maleficarum, views on Inquisitors occasionally being there is much more a point of contention. Generally they are not deployed often unless it is an expedition into the Forest, a march south, or if the City of the Fang or the Icy Keep was ever in danger.

Technically part of the House Guard but this is a unit of non sentient ice golems that patrol the walls of the Icy Keep, a pretty good idea given all the ice on the walls. They are as strong as one would expect a golem to be although they are weak to fire, though they will not melt or anything in summer heat, unless they are in a much hotter environment. The originals, most of which are still in service, were created with the oversight of the first Verlira High Duke but they are limited in number as they are extremely difficult to create. When they are committed into battle it shows that the High Duke is taking the matter very seriously and they are extremely potent when they get into fighting range, smashing aside all with their fists.

The Vlka Navy isn’t too big all things considered, it mostly is designed to transport troops, prevent mutinies from getting out of hand, and patrol their waters. However with the large fishing fleet that exists they could increase the size of it considerably if they were to impress those ships, at the cost of food supplies of course. While the wood of the Black Forests is good wood the Navy is could be considered substandard due to little experience in war or battle and that being the case for generations as there was little need. It does not help that it is reliant on imports from abroad for things like sails. Impressment of the fishing ships would also cause that problem to increase though it would bring in plenty of experienced sailors.

As for marines all ships typically have a small complement to prevent mutinies, investigating suspicious ships, and to prevent the ship from being stolen somehow. They are not as well equipped as most other military units are normally though. If the Navy was being mobilized for war that compliment would be increased as well as land based forces, primarily archers and crossbowmen, being added or it would be used to move troops elsewhere.

Culture and Religion

Their relationship with magic is complicated, certainly their Lord is a mage and always has been however magic is not wholly accepted by the people of the land and instead they divided magic into two schools, those whose magic is pure and untainted by evil, commonly called the good mage, and those whose magic is evil and fundamentally wrong, violating the natural law of the Gods in some way, this is called maleficarum. What determines what belongs to what is the decision of a council composed of priests and scholars, some of them magic users themselves, and it is their opinion of what is and what is not. Granted that does not stop a mob of peasants from burning someone they suspect of maleficarum at the stake but efforts are made to prevent that (burning at the stake is still the legal punishment for maleficarum though so they mostly just try to make sure they are burning actual witches at the stake instead of random people). Generally magic is to be nurtured and trained in order to avoid falling into evil that must be eradicated, or what they perceive as evil.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
APPLICATION:

Name: Felix Asheroth, King Felix XI of the Presvulcane, Grand Prince of Livingstone, Duke of Blackveil and Riverlow, Lord of House Asheroth (Terran)
Felix Ysabela'smin, Hglrofte-Presvulcane, Gdlrofte-Temnwewewefd, Lrofte-Tevywetewdmsus n Terrttfsusal, Te'Ashera (Presvulcane)
Race: Presvulcane Human of Some Distant Mixed Ancestry, most prominently Elvish and Dragonborn.
Appearance:
Personality: Felix has a rather large personality, rather outgoing, not one to keep his opinions very private unless of course, those opinions would get him killed. Somewhat impulsive in his personal affairs, somewhat over calculating in his diplomatic affairs, fairly unpredictable in both. He cares a great deal for his family and friends. He has always had a weakness for a good looking lord or lady. He can come off as a bit cold to people he doesn't know very well or doesn't care about in general, but otherwise, once you get to know him, he's rather warm. It takes a lot to make him hate a person, but once he does hate you, you better start praying to whatever god and/or gods you believe in that he never gets you in his dungeon.
Skills: Swordfighting, Archery, Statecraft, Elemental Magic, Illusionary Magic, Perception
Loyalties: Presvulca and the Presvulcane. House Asheroth. Himself. He'd support nearly anyone before he'd support House Carnifex, he'd support becoming an Independent Nation before supporting House Carnifex.
King Felix XI was born Prince Felix. He was the son of Princess Ysabela, a native Presvulcane, and her Husband, Prince Erik, a man from the Northeastern reaches of Terra. His birth was celebrated throughout Presvulca, as he was the firstborn, legitimate, member of his generation.

Born as the fourth-in-line for the Throne, behind his Mom, Aunt, and Grandfather, he wasn't expected to one day take the throne as he would be pushed down the line by any future cousins birthed from his Aunt. As his Mom had grown up under the same circumstances, yet under a strict and generally authority father, she planned to raise her children in a more free environment, so that they could be children while they were still children. While still young he would often explore the vast tunnels of the Castle Mount, the Merchant District of Livingstone, and his Mom's various journals on Magic she had collected over the years.

When he was 2, his Aunt, Princess Artemis, named after the Empress, had announced she was pregnant. The only problem was that when the baby was born, it was clearly a mixture of Human and Elf, not Human and Dragonborn. Now, usually, this wouldn't be a problem. Princess Artemis could just take the father as a second husband. However, let's just say her Husband was a somewhat prideful man. He quickly challenged the father to a battle to the death, while it was expected that Dragonborn would win, the Elf turned out to be an extremely powerful warlock. It would end in a draw, but neither would live to the end of the week.

Princess Artemis would quickly become a shell of her former self; she practically refused to find another Husband, leading to her father, Crown Prince Agustin, marrying her to a distant cousin so she could produce an heir. As Princess Artemis withdrew from public life, Felix's branch of the family slowly gained more and more popularity, some in the nobility even though Artemis should be passed over in favor of Felix's Mom. It only helped that case when she gave birth to her second child a few months after her sister gave birth to her bastard.

When Felix was six, his Aunt had again announced she was pregnant, and for a brief few hours a few months later, Felix would be the fifth-in-line, then his Aunt died from complications while giving birth. Her son was named Leonard, after his father. Her funeral would be a rather small affair for someone who was once thought to be sitting on the Throne one day.

It was around this time that Felix would start his formal education; his Mom would ask her childhood tutor to educate her son. He would find that Felix had the same proficiency for magic from a young age, albeit for different forms, much like his mother and her mother before her and so on and so on. In his first two years of education, he still wasn't seen as someone who would end up on the Throne one day. However, it quickly became clear that Prince Leonard basically didn't have an immune system, so with the very real threat that he could die young, Felix's education was beefed up so he could be a competent ruler one day if need be.

When Felix was 10, his Great-Grandma, Queen Ysabela XXVI, passed away. He was very close with her, much more so than her successor and son, King Agustin XXXI. Felix was now thrid-in-line, behind his Mom and Cousin. His Grandfather was not a good ruler for Presvulca, besides from just lacking the general traits good leaders have, he was a human supremacist and a sexist, and more loyal to Terran Culture than Presvulcane Culture. One of the first things he did was revoke the titles of any Dukes who were too Non-human for him. He would try numerous times during his reign to change the succession laws back to how they were during House Edus, luckily, each time he failed.

It was around that time; Princess Ysabela started trying to contact her late sister's soul, looking for advice on how to stop that madness that was their father's reign. Around the time Felix was 12, his Half-Uncle was forced to marry a noblewoman whose father owned some land near the Imperial City. He was known as quite the ladies man. He had fathered several bastards, so it didn't come as a shock while he continued to meet with his various paramours. At 14, Felix's Mom had passed away, over the years as she had continued to try and contact her sister, various lost souls began inhabiting her body. She ultimately failed in an attempt to get them out, killing her. At 15, his cousin, Prince Leonard, finally died from some disease. Prince Felix took a new title, Crown Prince. His Half-Uncle invited him to a plot to kill the King; he was rather old already, reaching 80, it would come to much of a shock to the people if he did drop dead, would it? Felix accepted after looking into it to see if it wasn't just a plot to get Felix out of the line of succession.

It would take time, and plotting, but in 12338, King Agustin XXXI would, ultimately, pass away in his sleep. At 17, Felix became King of the Presvulcane. So far he has been known as a just King who tends to put his people above all else. He has erased most of the actions taken by his grandfather and has given the titles back to his non-human vassals. Some have suspected that he's planning on legitimizing two of his bastard cousins as they both serve in his Kingsguard and his Court.

RP Example:
#SeizeTheThrone

Huh, our first King vassal character

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:48 am

Union Princes wrote:Lesser Vampires love a good fight. The Desert Bandits will be overwhelmed by every vampire trying their hardest to kill them as soon as word gets out that they are formidable foes.

I'm sure they'll love spending gigantic amounts of time on the blistering heat playing hide and seek. Any desert bandit worth their while is a master of the hit and run techique.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 am

Union Princes wrote:Huh, our first King vassal character

Huh, didn't realize I was the first

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Huh, our first King vassal character

Huh, didn't realize I was the first

Mine is a grand Prince, which technically is on the same level as king in some cultures, but eh

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 am

Union Princes wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
APPLICATION:

Appearance:

RP Example:
#SeizeTheThrone

There is a character with the title High King

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 am

Union Princes wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
APPLICATION:

Appearance:

RP Example:
#SeizeTheThrone

*coughs politely*
Signatures are so 2014.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 am

Oh yeah, High King Brendan.

Makes me wonder if there should be a universal level of royalty rank.

Cause High King and King can be confusing if they were treated as the same rank.

Krumbia
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Krumbia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Suld, Court Arcanist to Lord Enalph of the Free City of Gestead
Appearance:
Personality: Suld likes to keep busy, partly so that people he doesn't want to talk to don't have the chance to. He can be erratic but when he is focused on one aim he can accomplish it quickly. He socialises with people he likes, usually people he considers intellectual equals. Despite this, when it is opportune to him, he can be quite charming - this is not he default setting, however.
Skills: Suld is a powerful mage. He is considered an expert in deception magic and is a well-known scholar of daemons. He has also trained in swordsmanship for his own personal defence.
House: None
Loyalties: Primarily opposed to House Carnifex.
Biography:
Suld was born in the hamlet of Nala, some twenty north east of the Free City of Gestead. His father, Berny, was a local cleric. He knew somethings about the arcane arts and was the one who noticed from an early age Suld’s abilities. As soon as he was old enough, he was sent to the Athaeneum of Arcane Arts in the Loyal Town of Llano, which had historically provided tribute to the Free City of Gestead in return for their protection.

Under magical instruction, Suld learnt about the ways of magic, of the natural balance, and of daemons. He became focused on and specialised in deception magic. He was able to use the spells he learned to pursue his study of daemons through all means. Despite having no sympathy for them, Suld came to belive that the Inquisitors’ Guild was by no means carrying out their role with the best of intentions. Suld became a scholar at the Athaneum before taking on a new role at the Sorcerers’ Guild in Gestead.

Slowly climbing the ranks, Suld became apprenticed to the mage Nerwende, an aging elven spellsword who served as a Court Mage to the Lord of Gestead, Enalph. Enalph was known for his tyranny in Gestead and its territories, and he was kept in check only by the powerful mages of the Sorcerers’ Guild. Suld learnt all he could from Nerwende and made important allies in the process. After Nerwende left Gestead to live out her retirement in peace, Suld became one of those Court Mages. Officially, his allegiance was split between Lord Enalph and the Sorcerers’ Guild of Gestead. He had little loyalty to either.

Intead, Suld spent many of his hours working against the Inquisitors’ Guild. Alongside some likeminded citizens he formed the Order of the Black Mask, dedicated to the study of daemons and daemonic magic without indulging in it. Their work meant they were ever wary, and sometimes directly opposed, to the Inquisitors Guild that pervaded the Terran Empire. It was from this position that Suld learned of the death of the Empress and the impending likelihood of a new Carnifex dynasty taking the throne.
RP Example: here's two, finding another
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=293996
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=308591
viewtopic.php?t=277323 (as Al Hasakah)

#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Krumbia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 am

Well I'm assuming since many different cultures inhabit the empire, that many different titles exist for essentially the same level of rank kind of like irl.

So while "High King" would mean king in one region, it could also be the same as "Grand Prince".

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Zapatha wrote:
APPLICATION:

House/Lands Description

Combined, Lord Randyll could call up to 80,000 men from his vassals to war and hire mercenaries due to his family’s great wealth. This number shouldn’t fool anyone however, as most knights and levies of Randyll’s realm have only known peace their whole lives and have never been to war before.

#SeizeTheThrone

Hm, person who came to the position while young (13 for mine 17 for yours I'm assuming), very loyal to the throne and House Regine, detestation of slavery, and dwarves... friendly rivalry between our territories and characters? :P Granted I am still working on my land's lore and such so there are plenty of differences when it is done (and will result in me altering some details about my character anyway).

Hey I'm not opposed to it lol seeing that Randyll still kind of says before he thinks, so he could possibly accidentally insult someone else of a different culture.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 am

Union Princes wrote:Oh yeah, High King Brendan.

Makes me wonder if there should be a universal level of royalty rank.

Cause High King and King can be confusing if they were treated as the same rank.

The title of "High King" is mostly an artifact of the time when Artana was ruled by a bunch of petty kingdoms. Occasionally, these kings would elect someone from amongst themselves to have temporary primacy over the other kings, usually either because the island was threatened by foreign invaders, or because one king was powerful enough to browbeat the other kings into electing him. The kings didn't want to reduce themselves to just "Chiefs", especially since their submission was only temporary, so they retained the title of "King" for themselves. As a result, the kings who ruled over the other kings used the title "High King", to demonstrate their superior status.

Eventually the High Kingship become quasi-permanent and quasi-hereditary under the Payles. When the Blackhands came to power with Terran support, they made the position permanent, made anyone not a member of Clan Blackhand ineligible, and stripped the other kings of their crowns.

TL;DR there's no real difference between a King and the High King
Signatures are so 2014.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse