NATION

PASSWORD

Of Desert Lionesses and Sand Raptors (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:27 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Indeed. And humans too, replies Anaximander with a neutral tone, heavily hinting at what would have happened to the poor owner of the creature responsible for their Wolfdog demise. Anyway, we're counting on you two to make us proud, adds the Emperor to his wife and her bodyguard. Show them that the Imperial Guard Cavalry has some guts to sell! he says with a smirk.
-You bet we'll do, replies Aliciawith a matching smile and a wink, mirrored by Anna.

At that, Razia giggled.
She had not missed the hint, but she ignored it. Of course, no one would be happy about the demise of a pet, but one should not overdo it.
"You'd be surprised to know, how much guts the Horsearchery Team has - and how much Aurelia cultivates these guts.", the explained, "At times, they seem more like show-horsemen, but then you see them and their skills in action on a tournament field and you can't help but cheer for the team, yelling your lungs out for your team. Or you see them during the practice runs for receptions of guests of state and believe, that you just stumbled back into the Middle Ages."
Al-Zahir reached into his jacket. "Would anyone mind, if I were to light a pipe?", he asked into the round, the Kyrenaians giving him the go-ahead, before he looked at the guests.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:10 am

"We have already seen some videos of them, they surely know their stuff, says Pavel. And to think that Aurelia managed this, bringing them back in the winning game after some much losses.
-We don't mind at all, replies Anaximander as he takes out his Zippo lighter from his vest and hands it to the Grand Vizier. I was about to light a joint myself. A medical one, for stress relief, he adds for clarity, before taking out said joint and putting it on the table, waiting for al-Zahir to give him back his Zippo.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:52 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"We have already seen some videos of them, they surely know their stuff, says Pavel. And to think that Aurelia managed this, bringing them back in the winning game after some much losses.
-We don't mind at all, replies Anaximander as he takes out his Zippo lighter from his vest and hands it to the Grand Vizier. I was about to light a joint myself. A medical one, for stress relief, he adds for clarity, before taking out said joint and putting it on the table, waiting for al-Zahir to give him back his Zippo.

Al-Zahir smiled and took out a literal pipe, a Midwakh, and a small pouch of a smoking herb, then reached for the zippo with a grateful bow of his head.
The twenty centimetre long short pipe, basically a mouthpiece, a bowl and a stem between them, was surprisingly simple in its design, the bone polished. There were no jewels or carvings, not even the stamp of a manufacturer, but it was both often used and well taken care of.
What he smoked was known as the Tail of the Lioness, which produced a mild calming effect, much like Cannabis, but with a less potent high.
He filled his pipe and lit it with the zippo, then handed it back. "Thank you, Young Emperor.", he said.

Meanwhile, the Sultana nodded.
"Indeed.", she said, "My Horsewomen have endured so much loss before Aurelia took over their training, that their 'Hey, you were here!'-certificates were almost pre-printed to include their not-noteworthy ranking. And then, she came."
If she was honest, the Sultana was glad, that they didn't latch onto her slip of tongue about the training runs, for that was not something she wanted to discuss in much detail. Security precautions of the highest order, which no one ever hoped would be called upon.
And which were public.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Anaximander takes back his lighter, with a simple "You're welcome", and lights his joint. Before taking a small drag. What the Kyrenaians didn't know, was that the Cannabis used in this joint had been genetically modified to maximize the soothing effects and reduce the high, meaning the Emperor wouldn't be seeing any pink elephants soon. With his drag taken, he releases the smoke doing circles, before passing the joint to his wife, who thanks him with a small peck on the cheek before taking a drag herself.

Pavel, on his par, had not payed much attention to Razia's slip of tongue. As a bodyguard, the male Colonel was used to such procedures, so that another country did them didn't affect him in the slightest. It was perfectly normal.
"I wonder how much of their losses was due to bad luck, and how much to incompetence. But that's all in the past, so let's not dwell on it. Just to say, we'll be sure to keep an eye on her in the years to come.
-Indeed, comments Anna. Although bows are all good, bur I'm curious of her skills with a rifle. I'll be sure to check that during the return visit, finishes the Empress before taking another drag of the joint and regiving it to Anax.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:16 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Anaximander takes back his lighter, with a simple "You're welcome", and lights his joint. Before taking a small drag. What the Kyrenaians didn't know, was that the Cannabis used in this joint had been genetically modified to maximize the soothing effects and reduce the high, meaning the Emperor wouldn't be seeing any pink elephants soon. With his drag taken, he releases the smoke doing circles, before passing the joint to his wife, who thanks him with a small peck on the cheek before taking a drag herself.

Pavel, on his par, had not payed much attention to Razia's slip of tongue. As a bodyguard, the male Colonel was used to such procedures, so that another country did them didn't affect him in the slightest. It was perfectly normal.
"I wonder how much of their losses was due to bad luck, and how much to incompetence. But that's all in the past, so let's not dwell on it. Just to say, we'll be sure to keep an eye on her in the years to come.
-Indeed, comments Anna. Although bows are all good, bur I'm curious of her skills with a rifle. I'll be sure to check that during the return visit, finishes the Empress before taking another drag of the joint and regiving it to Anax.

The Kyrenaians indeed didn't know, but if they would have known, there might have been a new market for that Cannabis strand in Kyrenaia - like that, they just assumed, that it was some smoking herb and left it at that.
Al-Zahir smiled slightly at observing Anax sharing his joint with Anna: Something, that was done in Kyrenaia only amongst the closest of lovers.
"A little bit of both, actually.", the Sultana said and shrugged, "Including very bad training. There was one famous incident, where a girl couldn't shoot her bow and ride at the same time, resulting in her slipping off of her horse mid-contest... poor lass broke a bone, even.", she said and shook her head, "In any case, if you want to see her performing well with a firearm, give her a pistol or handgun. Damir trained her in the usage of one when she joined him on diplomatic trips so that she could defend herself with more then her two daggers."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:09 pm

The Grand Vizier was not mistaken in his interpretation of the Imperial Couple sharing a joint, as they had often done it, either with a cigarette or a joint, after their nightly sessions.
"I hope that this accident didn't stop that girl's carreer, says Alicia with a slightly worried tone. Having to stop this young is always a great loss.
-Your son was right to do this, continues Pavel. Although I'm curious if you released that information, since the possesion of firearms for civilians is prohibited here.
Although it's a good reminder for us, since we'll surely gift them with similar toys too during the return visit, adds the male Colonel with a small smirk.
-Indeed, adds Anaximander. It's always a good thing to show your compatriot's skills and work, like you did for us tonight, he finishes as he runs his right hand on his saber's handle.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:21 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:The Grand Vizier was not mistaken in his interpretation of the Imperial Couple sharing a joint, as they had often done it, either with a cigarette or a joint, after their nightly sessions.
"I hope that this accident didn't stop that girl's carreer, says Alicia with a slightly worried tone. Having to stop this young is always a great loss.
-Your son was right to do this, continues Pavel. Although I'm curious if you released that information, since the possesion of firearms for civilians is prohibited here.
Although it's a good reminder for us, since we'll surely gift them with similar toys too during the return visit, adds the male Colonel with a small smirk.
-Indeed, adds Anaximander. It's always a good thing to show your compatriot's skills and work, like you did for us tonight, he finishes as he runs his right hand on his saber's handle.

"Oh, the girl is fine. Never wanted to see a horse again in her life time, but other then that, she is fine.", the Sultana assured the guests, "Made a full recovery, even." Then, she sighed. "As for Aurelia... you are correct, private firearm ownership is regulated in Kyrenaia to the point of being prohibited, but by law, the moment Aurelia joined Damir's diplomatic trips, she was not a civilian anymore.
She is what the law defines as a wazifat hamil or, in English, a Function Holder. The exact judical implication elude me, but the important part of that is, that she indeed is allowed to carry a firearm - but only when she is running around in her function, which means on diplomatic trips. By the way, that does not mean, that she lugs her father's old KGS-18 around everywhere they go."
The last was added with a smile.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:59 pm

"That's good to hear, answers Anna. Well, the part where she can' t see a horse anymore is a bit sad to hear, but at least'I'm happy to know she didn't keep any sequels from the incident.
-Me too, continues Anaximander, and that's both the man and the medic talking. To get back to Aurelia, at least we know she can handlen a gun. Good, because just like Anna said, we'll gladly test her skills with it. By the way, do you know what kind of holsters she prefers?
-I suppose that's a question you can ask her tonight, replies Pavel to his friend. But speaking of hoslters, how are you feeling with yours?
-A bit uncomfortable, actually, answers the Emperor. With my newfound problems, it's getting slowly unbearable. So, for the concert, I'll change for my shoulder holster. Maybe it'll be easily more visible, but it'll be more comfortable.
-Smart choice, the last thing anyone of us wants is you twisting on your chair during the concert, which might raise some questions, replies Alicia, causing a few chuckles among the Americans before the Emperor takes another drag from his joint and passes it again to his wife.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"That's good to hear, answers Anna. Well, the part where she can' t see a horse anymore is a bit sad to hear, but at least'I'm happy to know she didn't keep any sequels from the incident.
-Me too, continues Anaximander, and that's both the man and the medic talking. To get back to Aurelia, at least we know she can handlen a gun. Good, because just like Anna said, we'll gladly test her skills with it. By the way, do you know what kind of holsters she prefers?
-I suppose that's a question you can ask her tonight, replies Pavel to his friend. But speaking of hoslters, how are you feeling with yours?
-A bit uncomfortable, actually, answers the Emperor. With my newfound problems, it's getting slowly unbearable. So, for the concert, I'll change for my shoulder holster. Maybe it'll be easily more visible, but it'll be more comfortable.
-Smart choice, the last thing anyone of us wants is you twisting on your chair during the concert, which might raise some questions, replies Alicia, causing a few chuckles among the Americans before the Emperor takes another drag from his joint and passes it again to his wife.

"As far as I know, she prefers holsters, which she can easily conceal...", the Sultana said, a small glint entering her eyes, "...very much like her Grandmother." She did not elaborate further, but she did take a marzipan fruit from one of the bowls. "Of course, at that age, the coolness factor plays an important part as well, making her carry her gun in the back like she was some sort of mobster, but that will change in due time."
The she popped the fruit into her mouth.
Then, Lady Fara appeared as if out of thin air, bowing down to whisper something in the Sultana's ear.
She nodded, chewed, then swallowed. "I am afraid, that I must depart now. Duty calls... and so does powdering the nose."
"Right, I should get onto that as well...", Amana added, "I would like to look pretty tonight, after all."
"If I may, Princess.", Adil replied to that and spoke a short phrase in Kyrenaian, which made Amana blush deeply.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:31 pm

"Oh really? asks Anna with a small smirk and a raised eyebrow. But in the end, all of that does not matter when you have a metal detector in front of you.
-Hey! exclaim Pavel and Anax at the same time. That's mean to say you're a mobster just because you carry your gun in the back. Do I really look like one? asks the Emperor.
-Well, if you consider the fresh scar you ahve on your left cheek, you can imagine you're one, replies the male Morozov with a small smirk.
-Oh shut ut Pavel! answers Anax as he gives the finger to his friend.
Anyway, thank you for this dinner everyone, continues the Emperor as he rises up with his wife's help, and see you at the Ball.
-The concert man, corrects Alicia with a smirk, the concert.
-Yeah yeah, I know, replies Anaximander with a dismissive hand gesture.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Oh really? asks Anna with a small smirk and a raised eyebrow. But in the end, all of that does not matter when you have a metal detector in front of you.
-Hey! exclaim Pavel and Anax at the same time. That's mean to say you're a mobster just because you carry your gun in the back. Do I really look like one? asks the Emperor.
-Well, if you consider the fresh scar you ahve on your left cheek, you can imagine you're one, replies the male Morozov with a small smirk.
-Oh shut ut Pavel! answers Anax as he gives the finger to his friend.
Anyway, thank you for this dinner everyone, continues the Emperor as he rises up with his wife's help, and see you at the Ball.
-The concert man, corrects Alicia with a smirk, the concert.
-Yeah yeah, I know, replies Anaximander with a dismissive hand gesture.

"Oh, a metal detector would make it more complicated, but not impossible.", the Sultana said with a small smile, bowing her head, "But indeed... see you at the concert."
    And with that, the guests of the merry dinner parted ways to make last preparations, powdering noses, changing dresses, letting the feet rest a bit from the constraints of shoes, which were invented by master-torturers...
    The things done in the few hours between one and the other were many and too many to mention, but when the time came, all was ready in the Wheat Hall, as the Ball Room of the Palace of the Azure Hall was known as.
    Tonight, however, out of respect for the passed Aaron-Ilkhan, it would not be a Ball, which was held here, but a Concert...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Anna Blachkov and Her Excellency, Colonel Ambassador Alicia Morozov.", the announcer called out, as was his duty. They were the third to last pair to be introduced in this form, only their two men being prepared behind them, and the Sultana Herself were left - appropriate positioning for the Guests of Honour.
The announcer turned back as a few people applauded, while others gasped in shock - a man and a woman entered as couple! This was blatant disregard for proper etiquette!
Some people in the Hall applauded anyways, knowing, that they were most likely trying (and succeeding) to mess with the people. Amongst them was Aurelia, who grinned before she turned back to her own conversation.
And just like that, the 'outrage' blew over, until the Emperor and his bodyguard would enter, only to blow over quickly again.
The Wheat Hall was a large room, three chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the middle one being the largest. At the opposite end, a stage had been erected, where young musicians, the TBA's Big Band, was already jamming and warming up.
The young men in the black suits with the red ties were accompanied by a few Handmaidens of the Tribute, who would sing with them.
Maybe of more interest were the other guests: Everyone the Sultana had mentioned was there, plus a few surprises.
Indeed, al-Zahir and Dschamilla, the busty woman wearing a dress of a relatively conservative cut, emphasizing, that there was something, but not, how much there really was. Fadia was in a pleasant conversation with two Selkie in full Geansai and a man and a woman, who were both definately not Kyrenaians, laughing with them.
Aurelia and Atif were in a conversation with a brunette woman with shining, violet eyes and a young man, who looked very similar to her - those knowing would identify the woman in the black dress as Beyeha Fadwa Faris, the young man as her second-oldest child, Khalid Faris. And the conversation seemed nice enough, there were even smiles all around, even if they were a bit tense.
Between all the conversations, Handmaidens in their dresses fluttered around like little butterflies and served drinks, non-alcoholic for the moment, and nibbles.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:18 am

Compared to the preparations made by the Kyrenaians, the four Americans had not changed much, the only thing to remember had been Pavel and Anaximander changing their back holsters for underarm ones, for comfort purposes.
Also, in a fling of mischeviousness, they had decided to have the women enter first, to throw the other guests off guard.

When Anna and Alicia enter in the Wheat Hall, the gasps can't help but brin a small smirk to the two women faces, as well as their husbands waiting behind them.
"Good evening everyone, starts the Empress. May the Scarlet Eagle Spirits bring their calming breeze to the Sultanate. And may Ilkhan Aaron rest in peace."
With that said, the two women go to a nearby Handmaiden, and grab two glasses of water from her tray.
"So, what did you see? asks Anna to her friend.
-Aurelia and Atif conversing with Faris and her son. Smiles around, but still tense, replies Alicia in a professional tone.
-I guess sharks never change, eh? says the Empress with a smirk. Amen to that sister, she adds as the two women clink glasses.
-Amen to that, repeats the female Colonel, before taking a sip of her glass, while the two of them wait to see if someone would approach them.

Meanwhile, still in the antechamber, their husbands converse on what had just happened.
"That went better than expected, comments Pavel with a smile.
-What did you expect? replies the Emperor. To have the others throw rotten tomatoes at them. They know pefectly that can't beat a .45 ACP bullet.
-True, true, answers the male Colonel. Anyway, we do the same?
-Yup, no change of plans replies Anax as h checks his gun for the last time to see if the hammer is still in safe position, before rearranging his vest and straightening his collar, a thing Pavel does too.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Compared to the preparations made by the Kyrenaians, the four Americans had not changed much, the only thing to remember had been Pavel and Anaximander changing their back holsters for underarm ones, for comfort purposes.
Also, in a fling of mischeviousness, they had decided to have the women enter first, to throw the other guests off guard.

When Anna and Alicia enter in the Wheat Hall, the gasps can't help but brin a small smirk to the two women faces, as well as their husbands waiting behind them.
"Good evening everyone, starts the Empress. May the Scarlet Eagle Spirits bring their calming breeze to the Sultanate. And may Ilkhan Aaron rest in peace."
With that said, the two women go to a nearby Handmaiden, and grab two glasses of water from her tray.
"So, what did you see? asks Anna to her friend.
-Aurelia and Atif conversing with Faris and her son. Smiles around, but still tense, replies Alicia in a professional tone.
-I guess sharks never change, eh? says the Empress with a smirk. Amen to that sister, she adds as the two women clink glasses.
-Amen to that, repeats the female Colonel, before taking a sip of her glass, while the two of them wait to see if someone would approach them.

Meanwhile, still in the antechamber, their husbands converse on what had just happened.
"That went better than expected, comments Pavel with a smile.
-What did you expect? replies the Emperor. To have the others throw rotten tomatoes at them. They know pefectly that can't beat a .45 ACP bullet.
-True, true, answers the male Colonel. Anyway, we do the same?
-Yup, no change of plans replies Anax as h checks his gun for the last time to see if the hammer is still in safe position, before rearranging his vest and straightening his collar, a thing Pavel does too.

In the Wheat Hall, most of the conversations continued without any disturbance, having returned to normal - it seemed as if the past diplomatic actions of the Empire did not work in favour of the two women.
Somehow, the few onlookers had the feeling, that they weren't exactly bothered.
However, that disregard for the Imperial Ladies got quite a bit of a shock, as Prince Damir and, more importantly, Captain Elba approached the two women, the former smiling, the latter grinning. While Damir was dressed in a Black Tie Suit, with dinner jacket, white dress shirt, cummerbund, bow tie and everything, Elba was dressed in a Little Black Dress, which, as usual hinted at many things, but showed nothing.
Though the way she moved in it suggested, that she knew how to, but that she unused to it.
"So...", Elba asked with her smile not reaching her eyes, looking at the Empress, "How many Sniper Teams did you count?"

Outside, the announcer heard the conversation, but he did not move a muscle in response to what he heard. If those people wanted to burn bridges before they were built, that was their thing and not his to worry.
He was just there to observe the manners being observed and he had shrugged, when the Imperials have had that idea. That Damir approached the two ladies was a sign of his politeness... and the liking he according to rumours had towards them made it less of a political choice and more of a social decision - he had almost dragged Captain Elba with him, though, it seemed.
"Your Imperial Majesty, Your Excellency, please make Yourselves ready.", he asked of them politely. "I will introduce you in a moment."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 am

Although the fact that the Empress and her bodyguard were nearly completely ignored may have been a bit disheartening, it didn't bother the two women in any way. The actions of the Empire did indeed not speak in their favour, but everything can change with time, as a man said once.
When Damir and Elba approaches them, the two women were glad to see them, more the former than the latter though. And the first sentence said by the Utica Met officer was not too much from the taste of Anna and Alicia at the moment.
"Captain, Captain, sighs Anna, didn't we agree this morning to stop acting like children and more like mature women? Anyway, it's good to know they did their jobs, so thanks for that. So, how have you two been?"

Outside, Anaximander and Pavel simply reply with a nod, before putting themselves in the same position than their wives a few moments ago, the Colonel on the left and the Emperor on the right.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Although the fact that the Empress and her bodyguard were nearly completely ignored may have been a bit disheartening, it didn't bother the two women in any way. The actions of the Empire did indeed not speak in their favour, but everything can change with time, as a man said once.
When Damir and Elba approaches them, the two women were glad to see them, more the former than the latter though. And the first sentence said by the Utica Met officer was not too much from the taste of Anna and Alicia at the moment.
"Captain, Captain, sighs Anna, didn't we agree this morning to stop acting like children and more like mature women? Anyway, it's good to know they did their jobs, so thanks for that. So, how have you two been?"

Outside, Anaximander and Pavel simply reply with a nod, before putting themselves in the same position than their wives a few moments ago, the Colonel on the left and the Emperor on the right.

"Quite well, thank you for asking.", Damir pre-empted any shot sent the Empress' way from his date. They indeed did agree on being more mature, but that did not mean, that Elba liked the Empress. "I heard from Aurelia about your adventure in the Grand Hammam and how well you danced, Colonel... Mister Qalb will certainly remember you."
He smiled at that.
"Fun and ribbing each other maturely aside...", Elba said, quite serious, "I hope..."
She was cut off by the announcer, who called out: "His Imperial Majesty, Anaximander Blachkov and His Excellency, Colonel Ambassador Pavel Morozov."
That being the signal, the two men could enter and a bit of applause, roughly the same amount as with the women before, came up. Damir was amongst the ones applauding, Elba was not.
"Well, seems that you can ask him yourself.", Damir told his date with a small smile.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 am

"Well, I'm glad to have enjoyed the kid, replies Alicia with a smile. And I have to thank your daughter, Prince. The massage techniques I learned from her will have a huge success among my Squadron."
When their husbands enter, the two women exchange a glance as they remark Elba not applausing, asking themselves if they were right in suggesting that the Captain come for the return visit.
Anaximander and Pavel, on their part, simply greet the crowd with a small bow of their head, before the Emperor says: "Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. May the Scarlet Eagle Spirits bring their calming breeze to the Sultanate. And may Ilkhan Aaron rest in peace."
With that said, the two men exchange a sideways glance with their wives from far away, before moving straight to go and greet Damir and Elba.
"Well, seems like they did not learn proper respect when being in front of a monarch, whispers Pavel to his friend. They did not even kneel.
-Meh, let them think what they want, replies Anax. We'll have a word or two with our wives, seems like Elba may have ruffled their feathers the wrong way."
And so, the two men continue their way to the group, who they reach a few seconds later.
"Good evening Damir, Captain, says the Emperor with a warm smile as he reaches the group. So, what have you got in stock for us tonight?"
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Well, I'm glad to have enjoyed the kid, replies Alicia with a smile. And I have to thank your daughter, Prince. The massage techniques I learned from her will have a huge success among my Squadron."
When their husbands enter, the two women exchange a glance as they remark Elba not applausing, asking themselves if they were right in suggesting that the Captain come for the return visit.
Anaximander and Pavel, on their part, simply greet the crowd with a small bow of their head, before the Emperor says: "Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. May the Scarlet Eagle Spirits bring their calming breeze to the Sultanate. And may Ilkhan Aaron rest in peace."
With that said, the two men exchange a sideways glance with their wives from far away, before moving straight to go and greet the musicians.
"Well, seems like they did not learn proper respect when being in front of a monarch, whispers Pavel to his friend. They did not even kneel.
-Meh, let them think what they want, replies Anax. We'll have a word or two with our wives, seems like Elba may have ruffled their feathers the wrong way."
And so, the two men continue their way to the scene, which they reach a few seconds later.
"Good evening Guys, and Ladies, says the Emperor with a warm smile as he reaches the scene. So, what have you got in stock for us tonight?"

The musicians, tasked with providing music, did not bow to anyone while occupied, not even the Sultana.
In any case, Damir bowed his head respectfully with a friendly smile while his date's was more polite then anything.
"Good evening, gentlemen.", he said, "We were just in a polite conversation about massaging techniques, which my daughter apparently taught. She's good, I know that, for I taught her a few tricks!"
There was a small smile at that from Elba, who could safely say, that he indeed was good with massages.
"Oh, where are my manners?", Damir added, "I don't think, that you met fromally... Captain Nesrin Elba, Utica Metropolitan Police - His Imperial Majesty, Anaximander Blachkov and His Excellency, Colonel Ambassador Pavel Morozov."
The woman bowed her head. "Good evening, Sirs. I already had the pleasure with Her Imperial Majesty, so putting names to the faces is quite interesting.", she said, then added: "My sincerest wishes for betterment of your condition, Your Majesty."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am

When Damir mentions he taught a few massages tricks to his daughter, the first thoughts that comes to the Americans mind are the famous photos of the Sun Deck, and the related rumors concerning the relations between the two Kyrenaians. Fortunately, that thought is quickly swept aside, and nothing transpires on the Imperial Couple or their friend's faces.
"Indeed, Kyrenaian massage techniques are good, especially for the back, replies Anaximander. Although Anna didn't learned them directly from Aurelia, she demonstrated some to me a few hours ago, and it's a great relief
Anyway, Captain, it's an honor to finally meet you in person, continues the Emperor as he turns to Elba. I know those two have already said it to you, but allow me to thank you and your men for your efforts."
With that said, Anax turns to his wife, and the Imperial Couple exchange a small glance as if they were conversing
Is there truth in this lie, that she said it was a pleasure to meet you? ask the Emperor's blue eyes.
-As much as the fact that Pavel and you are cousins, replies the green of Anna's eyes.
-I thought so,,finishes Anax.
"Say, Captain, continues Pavel, we were asking ourselves with the Sultana during the dinner if you would like to come with Prince Damir for the return visit, since you two make such a good pair."
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:16 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:When Damir mentions he taught a few massages tricks to his daughter, the first thoughts that comes to the Americans mind are the famous photos of the Sun Deck, and the related rumors concerning the relations between the two Kyrenaians. Fortunately, that thought is quickly swept aside, and nothing transpires on the Imperial Couple or their friend's faces.
"Indeed, Kyrenaian massage techniques are good, especially for the back, replies Anaximander. Although Anna didn't learned them directly from Aurelia, she demonstrated some to me a few hours ago, and it's a great relief
Anyway, Captain, it's an honor to finally meet you in person, continues the Emperor as he turns to Elba. I know those two have already said it to you, but allow me to thank you and your men for your efforts."
With that said, Anax turns to his wife, and the Imperial Couple exchange a small glance as if they were conversing
Is there truth in this lie, that she said it was a pleasure to meet you? ask the Emperor's blue eyes.
-As much as the fact that Pavel and you are cousins, replies the green of Anna's eyes.
-I thought so,,finishes Anax.
"Say, Captain, continues Pavel, we were asking ourselves with the Sultana during the dinner if you would like to come with Prince Damir for the return visit, since you two make such a good pair."

There was a small look between Elba and Damir, denoting the fact, that they had been briefed on that particular detail by the sometimes-every-now-and-then-but-still-quite-often gossiping Mother of Damir.
The exchanged glance was basically to decide, who would speak first - and it was ladies first.
"Thank you for the compliment, Your Excellency.", Nesrin said and bowed her head lightly, "But I must respectfully decline. I am bound to Utica by my duties and I sadly can not leave them, not even for diplomatic purposes."
"Besides...", Damir added, "...no matter what Mother thinks or wants us to become, Nesrin and I are nothing official yet. Maybe never."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:57 pm

"Well that's too bad, replies the Emperor. Anyway, Pavel wasn't meaning pair as a couple, but more as partners, colleagues. If it evolves into something else, then good! But otherwise, he didn't meant it like you think.
While we're at it, I don't know if you ate the same thing as us tonight, but the Saltah was a killing! continues Anax with a smile.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Well that's too bad, replies the Emperor. Anyway, Pavel wasn't meaning pair as a couple, but more as partners, colleagues. If it evolves into something else, then good! But otherwise, he didn't meant it like you think.
While we're at it, I don't know if you ate the same thing as us tonight, but the Saltah was a killing! continues Anax with a smile.

Damir grinned.
"We indeed did. The Sultana eats the same as everyone served from the Palace's Kitchen, so, as you were served from the kitchens, we ate the same things.", he explained, "An old tradition." Then, he gave a short, sad smile to Pavel. "I'm afraid, though, that we aren't even partners or colleagues anymore. I am still allowed to wear the uniform of the Utica Met because I earned it, while..."
"...while I left the Motorcycle Squadrons to join the Police Special Forces and made my career there.", Nesrin said, picking up seamlessly. "If he would return to active service, he would still be a Squad-Man in the Motorcycle Squadrons."
Damir nodded with a smile.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:54 pm

"Indeed, replies Anna. But still, you spend some time with each other, so the tie is not completely severed. Although he may return as a Squad man, but a Squad man that will sign their paychecks in the future, adds the Empress with a smile.
-Say, Prince, asks Alicia, I would like to know your impression on the crowd here, and their feelings towards us.
-I bet you five dollars at least 50 percent do not care about us, 25 percent are hostile, and the rest is just the people we met already, says Pavel to Anaximander.
-I would say that the situation is a little bit more complicated than that, replies the Emperor, but all right, you're on! as he claps hands with the male Colonel.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:33 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Indeed, replies Anna. But still, you spend some time with each other, so the tie is not completely severed. Although he may return as a Squad man, but a Squad man that will sign their paychecks in the future, adds the Empress with a smile.
-Say, Prince, asks Alicia, I would like to know your impression on the crowd here, and their feelings towards us.
-I bet you five dollars at least 50 percent do not care about us, 25 percent are hostile, and the rest is just the people we met already, says Pavel to Anaximander.
-I would say that the situation is a little bit more complicated than that, replies the Emperor, but all right, you're on! as he claps hands with the male Colonel.

Damir snorted in amusement at the bet.
"My apologies, but I have to I solve that problem for you.", he said, "More then three quarters of the people of influence you don't know in this hall have some sort of interest in you - from simple curiosity to more professional interests." He took a sip of water. "The remaining quarter is not uninterested in you, but much rather wants to get a feeling for what sort of persons you are before committing to any ventures."
He let a beat pass.
"And I am quite certain, that you will not be able to tell, who is 'hostile' towards you.", he added.
"That leaves the people without influence to consider.", Elba asked, then smiled, slightly, "But I would bet on a fifty-fifty split on them... interest-wise. I know, for example, that the Sultana's date tonight is quite nervous about something else."
"What could that be?", Damir asked with a bit of a deadpan.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:37 am

Pavel, upon hearing Damir's answer, pus his right hand in his vest with an angry sigh, and takes out his smartphone. After a few touches on the screen, he puts it back in his vest and turns to his wife and friends.
"There, five bucks for each of you. Happy now?
-Why thank you, fine Sir, replies Anna with a teasing smirk, causing Anaximander and Alicia to chuckle.
-It's a tradition that when one of us four loses a bet, explains the female Morozov to Damir and Nesrin , he gives the appropriate sum not only to the one he lost to, bu to the other two. Anyway, thank you for your explanation Prince. Based on what you said, I assume they are looking at you right now as a sort of test subjectto gauge our reactions before approaching us?
-About your mother's date, continues Anax, if I remember good, he's a lad from the TBA, right? Then it's perfectly understandable that he's nervous. All eyes re going to be on him."
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:10 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Pavel, upon hearing Damir's answer, pus his right hand in his vest with an angry sigh, and takes out his smartphone. After a few touches on the screen, he puts it back in his vest and turns to his wife and friends.
"There, five bucks for each of you. Happy now?
-Why thank you, fine Sir, replies Anna with a teasing smirk, causing Anaximander and Alicia to chuckle.
-It's a tradition that when one of us four loses a bet, explains the female Morozov to Damir and Nesrin , he gives the appropriate sum not only to the one he lost to, bu to the other two. Anyway, thank you for your explanation Prince. Based on what you said, I assume they are looking at you right now as a sort of test subjectto gauge our reactions before approaching us?
-About your mother's date, continues Anax, if I remember good, he's a lad from the TBA, right? Then it's perfectly understandable that he's nervous. All eyes re going to be on him."

Damir nodded to Anax, confirming, that his Mother's date tonight was a TBA-Lad and that all eyes would be on him. He did not envy the lad.
"When Aurelia and I make a bet, we usually donate the sum to the next temple or church or something.", Damir told them with a small smile, "It's not an Aurelia-and-Damir-Tradition but actually how the Selkie do it... and speaking of which."
He nodded into a direction to the side of the group, where a middle-aged man in full Geansai, in Wicklow's Colours, was approaching, tanned, not dark-skinned, his brown hair short and his face with a huge grin. At his side, a woman, this one dark skinned, not tanned, quite obviously Kyrenaian, walked, smiling as well, wearing Geansai, too.
"Finnegan Caomhnaigh of the Tribe of Wicklow and Amana Caomhnaigh of the Tribe of Wicklow. The Ambassador of the Free Lands and his wife.", he explained, "Do you want us to go so you can talk business without someone listening? In good spirits, of course."
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates