NATION

PASSWORD

Multiple simultaneous logins

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Multiple simultaneous logins

Postby Esternial » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Heyo,

I haven't a clue on your policies, so I figured it might be safer to ask if it's permitted to log in to multiple puppet accounts simultaneously by just passing individual parameters into the URLs and opening each in a separate incognito tab.

Dawetid
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawetid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:34 pm

It is not possible – even if you login to one nation (call A) on one tab, and log into another (B), then go back to A’s page and do some action there, that page will also turn into B.
There are some people that are there purely to oppose everything I say or do.
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Banned because all hail ban-hammer, the only true ruler and savior of this thread.

[REDACTED] wrote:Although, let's talk about your obsession with ŋ, k, and j.

Discord server has risen again. Come join!

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Dawetid wrote:It is not possible – even if you login to one nation (call A) on one tab, and log into another (B), then go back to A’s page and do some action there, that page will also turn into B.

You can. Look at "Users browsing this forum" and you'll see 3 of my puppets.

3 seperate tabs, 3 isolated sessions.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Esternial wrote:
Dawetid wrote:It is not possible – even if you login to one nation (call A) on one tab, and log into another (B), then go back to A’s page and do some action there, that page will also turn into B.

You can. Look at "Users browsing this forum" and you'll see 3 of my puppets.

3 seperate tabs, 3 isolated sessions.

W-what is this sorcery?
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 pm

That's why Esternial said "separate incognito tab". It's a feature of some browsers where different pages are kept in completely separate sandboxes that can't affect each other (no sharing of cookies, in particular), meaning that the server won't recognize that it's the same person in both tabs. You can get a similar effect by running multiple browsers.

I see no reason why it would be illegal (this game doesn't really offer any kind of benefit to lots of nations being logged in at once, except in R/D, which is already covered by WA anti-multiing rules), but I'm not the one who makes the call.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Trotterdam wrote:That's why Esternial said "separate incognito tab". It's a feature of some browsers where different pages are kept in completely separate sandboxes that can't affect each other (no sharing of cookies, in particular), meaning that the server won't recognize that it's the same person in both tabs. You can get a similar effect by running multiple browsers.

I see no reason why it would be illegal (this game doesn't really offer any kind of benefit to lots of nations being logged in at once, except in R/D, which is already covered by WA anti-multiing rules), but I'm not the one who makes the call.

Well I could understand that 20+ simultaneous logins from a single IP might be...problematic.

Just want to check that before I actually do it :p

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:51 pm

I can also confirm that it is possible to be logged in as two nations at once if using two separate devices or two separate incognito tabs. I myself sometimes have this nation up in regular browsing and then am also logged into 60s Music in incognito mode.

However, if you log in somewhere else to a nation you are already logged in as, the existing session gets logged out and the new session takes over.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

I've done it before with 20 odd nations simultaneously on Z-Day using Sessionbox. I'm not sure how it could reasonably be against the rules- if it was, where's the line between that and using many different browsers, or many different devices, and so on?

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Yeah, it's fine.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical