NATION

PASSWORD

[R] TET Trolling

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[R] TET Trolling

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:48 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
New haven america wrote:Evangelical, so par for the course.

When I was in Colorado (Evangelical capital of the US) the older pastors and chuch workers would surround my school every few months or so and try to shove Bibles into the hands of people who I guess they deemed to be in need of saving. Happened to me 3 times caused I usually wore mostly black, gray, red, etc...

Personally I always found the evangelicals to be rather deranged, given their various tendencies. Wishing hell upon everyone who's not like them is only one of the grievances, their insane desire for the death and destruction of our world is another.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Just because someone has a different opinion than you do on a subject, it does not automatically mean that they are trolling. Not actionable.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Lamoni wrote:Just because someone has a different opinion than you do on a subject, it does not automatically mean that they are trolling. Not actionable.

His different opinion is... Not the issue here.

"Evangelicals are deranged" looks like textbook "all x are y" to me. I'm part of the group in question, and I certainly don't think it should be kosher to call me deranged. I respectfully request a second opinion.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm

viewtopic.php?p=35155729#p35155729

Didn't bother with a red-box warning because he's had a clean history for a couple years and I think he was just stating his beliefs too bluntly, not going out of his way to be offensive for the sake of being offensive.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:59 pm

USS Monitor wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35155729#p35155729

Didn't bother with a red-box warning because he's had a clean history for a couple years and I think he was just stating his beliefs too bluntly, not going out of his way to be offensive for the sake of being offensive.

I greatly appreciate your time and consideration, Monitor. Thanks.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Return to Moderation