NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling Christian Discussion Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[R] Trolling Christian Discussion Thread

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am

Pretty sure this isn't kosher [emphases mine]

GnosticChristian wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:[

I’ve also noticed that you keep dodging my critiques, refusing to answer. Is your belief so inadequate that you can’t even be bothered to defend it?

I know when my interlocutor is a worthless debater who always attacks the messengers while ignoring the messages.

That is you, and you show the size of your mind.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

See what you have made me do? Lower myself to your level.

Change your immature small minded ways or just go away. I do not have the time or inclination to chat with your puny minded ilk.

Regards
DL

This seems like another attack on the player's intelligence [emphases mine]

GnosticChristian wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
The Imago Dei refers to being made in the form of God, not having the same qualities of God. God’s plan was known before the dawn of Creation. We know God has no physical form, save Christ who became man. Therefore when we say we are made in the Image of God, we’re saying we are made in the image of Christ.

You’re right that having our eyes opened, knowing of good and evil makes us like God, but in many ways that was a burden, not liberty. For what creature can bare the responsibility of God?

If you are not up to it, that is you just showing that you are not one of the fittest and have stopped evolving.

That is why you have settled for supernaturalstupid thinking instead of reality.

A man without a burden will see his mental muscle go into atrophy and that is what you have allowed.

You say Jesus is God. I say Thor is. Prove me wrong.

Regards
DL

And what appears to be a mild flame:
GnosticChristian wrote:
David Cross? A stand up commedian? That’s seriously the person you’re citing as a source?

Again, you childishly attack the messenger and ignore his message, which is pure truth.

Again, get better or get lost.

Regards
DL

Repeating "supernaturalstupid thinking" in reference to another player seems like possible baiting. This also comes across a bit as attacking the player, rather than their argument:
GnosticChristian wrote:

Both our religious premises require that God be knowable to be valid. I

Oh my. Something I can speak to.

Your statement is true.

You being in a supernaturalstupid mindset, and knowing that you cannot know anything of that realm, can know nothing.

Me, being in the natural world, can know just as all animals know what the ideal of their kind is thanks to their instincts. That of course means seeing the word "God" defined as the best rules and laws one can live by.

I can in my normal and natural thinking, while you, being an idol worshiper in supernaturalstupid thinking mode can likely not do so.

Think natural and listen to that link again, for the first time.

The God of an ant is an ant. The God of a lion is a lion. The God of a man is a man.

Regards
DL
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am

Bancannon deployed.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks, Monitor
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Return to Moderation