NATION

PASSWORD

AMDs new card at CES

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Potato
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

AMDs new card at CES

Postby Potato » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 am

https://www.cnet.com/news/amd-radeon-vi ... 7-for-699/

AMD's new Radeon 7 was showcased at CES, with a pricepoint of 699$, which is essentially the same as the 2080 from nvidia, but with double the vram and double the bandwidth, and an overall higher core clock, and promises of better cards to follow later. I think this will show significant trouble to Nvidia, who will either have to release their 11xx line to compensate (the 20xx series without tensor cores), which would undermine their own 20xx line in performance, but potentially leap over the Radeon 7, or they'll have to get games to support RTX at a faster pace than they are now, otherwise the sheer power of the Radeon 7 will overshadow it. I'm hopeful for how this'll affect the used market, I'm already seeing 960s going for 40$, and the 10xx series dropping as well.
_%%%%%___%%%%__%%%%%__%%%%__%%%%%___%%%%__
_%%__%%__%%__%%___%%____%%__%%___%%_____%%__%%_
_%%%%%__%%__%%___%%____%%%%%____%%____%%___%%_
_%%_______%%__%%___%%____%%__%%____%%____%%__%%_
_%%________%%%%____%%____%%__%%____%%_____%%%%__

Audioslavia wrote:If someone wilfully steers it back towards 'yeah but what if a methodist dude does a sunni dude for four seconds on a Tuesday in spring what then is that bad?" then let us know
Proctopeo wrote:it's like when voldemort ate hitler's soul to become darth vader 2
Ifreann wrote:FEMINISM DESTROYED
The Archregimancy wrote:If any former members of the 1919-1945 Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei post in Moderation to complain that they're being trolled, I'll revisit this; but I suspect that they're a fairly small demographic within our forums.
Audioslavia wrote:We unfortunately don't banhammer people for being catastrophically smug.
Hello, I love you! Yes, you! You're a great human, keep going!

Return to General