NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Erhialam
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Erhialam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:40 pm

In case you wanted it in Lorepost format...

The Race of the Alva'a/Elves

The race of Alva'a, known in the Human tongue as Elves, were formed contemporarily, or nearly so, with humans in 30,000 BT, a race known as much for their ethereal beauty and grace as for their affinity for the arcane; the more high-minded Elves who are aware of history sometimes uphold the idea that the Gods themselves assisted with the creation of the first of the Alva'a rather than just being formed by the hands of the lesser Angeli, though such a claim is based on history that stretches so far back that very few of even the Elvenkind have been taught such things. Elves formed great and wondrous civilizations in parallel with their Human counterparts for millennia, with almost entirely peaceable relations between the two; although intermixture of their cultures was rare enough for the two to generally regard one another's denizens as exotic, there were no real conflicts large enough to be of any particular note. It should be noted that the Alva'a were among the most steadfast compatriots of Humans in their earliest conflicts with Daemons, though. Brithín'le Alatáni Elex'jalín, the High Queen of the Alva'a at the time (Elex'jalín being an Alva'an title often translated as "Starry Queen" from elex, "astral" and jalín, "queen"; "High Queen" does not entirely capture the term in translation, as it is typically regarded as having shades of spiritual significance, but it is the most common translation) was a noted ally of Mikhalux and his family. The first shades of unrest among the Alva'a began to crop up with the First Terran Crusade, when a notably-sized subset of Elvenkind began to worry that their race had been weakened by their prolonged reliance upon Humanity; the Alva'a joined humanity's efforts to repel the demons, but many did so with a sense of wariness about the consequences of such prolonged association with their Human allies by the time of the Second Crusade, worried that once the demon threat was ended, they would fall under Human control. This all came to a head in 0 AT, when roughly half of all the Alva'a submitted to the Empire, and roughly half clung fiercely and defiantly to the Old Ways. A dire magical event known as Mirjaxale'í, "the Sundering", resulted from the clashes between immensely powerful Elf mages on both sides and these two factions were split into two entirely separate races of Elves, Sarluun Alva'a, Wild Elves, and Briján Alva'a, the High Elves. Almost immediately, a kind of bloody 'civil war' broke out. At a higher cost in blood and strife than they might have initially guessed, the combined forces of the High Elves and the Empire managed to force the Wild Elves to negotiate, and a compromise was reached to avoid further loss of life on all sides. All of the cities of the Alva'a of old would fall to the High Elves of the Empire. In exchange, the Wild Elves of Terra could live self-governed on certain fringes of the Empire and beyond and preserve the pure, unsullied Old Ways of Alva'a as they saw fit. A few clans of Sarluun were unwilling to make such a sacrifice to preserve the Old Ways and joined the Empire. Others assimilated into the non-Empire societies they encountered beyond the Empire's borders, such as the Isle of Artana. But the rest were so committed to the Old Ways that they accepted their Exile with pride and made their own way in the wildwoods of Terra. Twelve millennia passed; the lingering bitter taste of the Sundering left in the mouths of both sides leave some High Elves to view the Wild Elves as savages and some Wild Elves, in turn, to view their counterparts as traitors. But in truth, the races are generally indifferent to one another, as contact between them is mostly uncommon nowadays.
Last edited by Erhialam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - The great Terry Pratchett

~
Erhialam is also known as Interstellar Australia. Apparently.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 pm

The Istmenn Companies

The Artanni have a long and hallowed mercenary tradition, dating back to the early Umirling period. In those days, the blood of the people of Umir was strongest on the Eastern Isles, where the peasants still spoke the language Umir spoke, and fought using old Umirling tactics, such as axes, shield walls, and mind-altering magic. These islanders were renowned for their prowess as heavy infantry. and mercenaries from the isles were highly sought after by lords from mainland Artana. Eventually, as the islander mercenaries became more wealthy, they started plying their trade on Terra as well, serving as bodyguards and heavy infantry to northeastern families such as the Veliras, and sometimes even the Regines themselves. These warriors dubbed themselves "Istmenn", meaning "East Men" in their dialect. Eventually, humans and Wild Elves from mainland Artana began joining the companies as well, and the distinctly East Islander culture of the companies faded away, but their tactics, weaponry, and terminology remained.

Many of the modern Istmenn companies can trace their origins to the Artanni civil war 30 years ago. After the conclusion of the war, High King Brendan forcibly disbanded much of the disloyal clans' armies, leaving thousands of veteran soldiers with no clear source of income. These soldiers either joined the existing companies or founded new ones, and as a result the modern Istmenn have a decidedly poor view of Clan Blackhand.

A typical infantryman in an Istmenn company is armed with a sparth axe, a shorter bearded axe, a round shield made from wood and iron, and a unique magical artifact called a "Shield-Biter charm" that bolsters the user's courage and aggressiveness when the right incantation is used. The Istmenn also employ pikemen, archers, and powerful mages in smaller numbers.

Currently, the largest and wealthiest Istmenn company is the Red Company, founded by Hafdonnal Thorfinnson, a former retainer of Duncan the Elder and a veteran of the Artanni civil war. The Red Company's banner is three white spears on a red background, and their motto is "Sooner wound the wind."

APPLICATION:

Name: Captain Duncan Thorn of the Red Company
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance:

Personality: Hot-headed and obsessive, Duncan reacts poorly to anything he perceives as an attack on himself. Duncan is ambitious, seeking to prove himself in combat and life. He is filled with resentment towards the Blackhands and anyone he deems as collaborators with them. Otherwise though, he is friendly and likes to talk to people, and can be surprisingly self-deprecating at times.
Skills: Expert fighter with the two-handed axe or sword, handsome and charismatic
House: Clan Thorn, distant cousin and heir
Loyalties: Duncan wishes to supplant Clan Blackhand and declare himself High King. Anyone who can help him do this is someone he is willing to ally with.
Biography: Clan Thorn claims direct descent from Thorin Payle, who in turn claimed direct descent from Ivar the Pale, the eldest child of Umir the Lame. Clan Thorn's coat of arms is a silver songbird with its wings outstretched, with a black beak and talons, on a pale blue background. The Thorns controls about one sixth of Galwood, the former heartland of the Payles, from their seat of Briar Hill in southwestern Artana. Briar Hill is the largest city on Artana by a large margin, allowing the Thorns to "punch above their weight" in terms of wealth and population.

Duncan was born a year before the Artanni civil war ended, to Chief Duncan "the Elder" Thorn and his wife, Gruach Blackhand, the sister of Brynn Blackhand. At the conclusion of the war, Duncan the Elder was executed for his role in the rebellion. A distant cousin of Duncan's was installed as Chief of the Thorns, in order to prevent one branch of the clan from gaining too much power, but the younger Duncan was declared this cousin's heir.

As Duncan aged he became tired of Briar Hill, seeking adventure and battle. To satisfy this need, he joined the Red Company when he turned sixteen. Captain Hafdonnal Thorfinnson, leader of the Red Company, immediately took Duncan under his wing, as the man was an old Thorn loyalist. Hafdonnal was an angry man at heart, one who had held onto every indignity and humiliation he had suffered during and after the civil war. Hafdonnal saw a kindred spirit in Duncan, who had the same anger, and had even lost his father to King Brendan.

Hafdonnal secretly confessed to Duncan that he wanted to see a descendant of Ivar the Pale as High King once again. The boy, who had come to see Hafdonnal as something of a father figure, enthusiastically agreed. Not long after this time, however, Hafdonnal contracted a debilitating magical disease and slowly wasted away in his bed. On his deathbed, Hafdonnal made Duncan swear that he would not die in his bed too, but on the battlefield, fighting for their cause. Duncan swore to do so, and he was hailed as the new Captain and "true heir" by the warriors of the Red Company.

Since then Duncan has accepted work all throughout Terra, gathering wealth and men and waiting for his opportunity to strike. After the death of Empress Artemis, Duncan and his warriors have made their way to the Imperial City, hoping that the inevitable chaos will create opportunities for work.

RP Example: (3, minimum, unless I know you)
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Utceforp on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:53 pm

I should probably do a lore thingy for Lizardfolk.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm

The V O I D wrote:The IC thread is launched; a link may be found in the OP.

With that, I bid you all a good night.

H Y P E

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 am

So, would anyone be interested in interacting with the servant to the throne?

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 am

Lorepost incoming!

The Race of the Srasain/Lizardfolk

The race of Srasain, known in the Human language as 'Lizardfolk', though a more accurate translation may be 'Lizardpeople', were formed around 18,000BT, making them a fairly young race in the scheme of things. Despite their youth, they possess a resolve rivalling that of any human, as well as significant combat and athletic prowess, an ancient and largely preserved culture, and good survival instincts. Some of the Srasain believe that the fact of their late genesis means that they are a more perfected form of life, though the accuracy of this sentiment is disputable. Lizardfolk never were great civilisation-builders or the most learned folk, preferring to retain a highly tribal and natural existence, and thus never really asserted themselves in the politics of Terra. Due to the formation of Srasain long after the beginning of Daemonic influence in Gaia, they don't really see Daemon influence as a necessarily good or bad idea, simply a fact. This is reflected in their mythology, with Srasain deities being almost entirely morally neutral.

The formation of the Terran Empire brought a lot of Srasain issues into question. In 0BT/AT, while Gaius XI was killing heretics, many Lizardfolk took it upon themselves to become as isolated as they possibly could, removing all trace of their existence as best they could. These were called the Rɛ̄sireseƌiŧīŧsāt, or 'those who broke', meaning breaking from society as a whole. Others, stood and fought, being called Ɲahcēnsāt, 'those who (are) wild'. Finally, a third group bowed to the Emperor's wishes, being called Rɛ̄siɲehňetīťsat, or 'those who are possessed swords', after the ones who surrendered any means of their defence. During the hundred or so years after the Second Terran Crusade, these groups diversified enough so that, once the Empire loosened control somewhat, upon their reconnection, the groups were almost unrecognisable to each other. Thus laid the precedent for those who traded with humans and those who did not, those who integrated into societies where humans existed and those who remained separate. Over time, they gained more communication with each other, but never quite understood either side's change in views. In the early 8th Century AT, while the Empire was busy governing in cities and towns, the Lizardfolk created a network to better understand each other, and this network exists to this day, somewhat magical and somewhat physical in aspects.

Not much has changed in the nearly 12,000 years before that time and the present. The Srasain relied upon the technological advancements of humans, preferring not to advance themselves, as they valued nature above technology. In very recent years, a new fashion trend swept human courts, that being clothing made out of Lizardfolk skins. This has caused some of the formerly Rɛ̄siɲehňetīťsat tribes to regain their 'swords', meaning to arm themselves against humans and prepare to rise up against their oppression.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 am

Woodstovia wrote: Besides his lands were rich and fertile and unlike the inbred wolf-fuckers to the north or the petty island kings or whoever else decided to turn up Aerion could actually afford to spend this much.

You know I originally wasn't going to go wolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolf and wolf but I am at least upping the amount of wolf fur and leather they normally wear. :P Still won't be as bad as the Space Wolves are stereotyped as though. That an in lore explanation why they have so much wolf everything is because they are constantly hunting wolf so wolf is their primary source of clothing besides imports but wolf fur and leather makes sense because these wolf lands are very cold.

And I think that is all the wolf I can fit into the above statement.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:21 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Woodstovia wrote: Besides his lands were rich and fertile and unlike the inbred wolf-fuckers to the north or the petty island kings or whoever else decided to turn up Aerion could actually afford to spend this much.

You know I originally wasn't going to go wolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolf and wolf but I am at least upping the amount of wolf fur and leather they normally wear. :P Still won't be as bad as the Space Wolves are stereotyped as though. That an in lore explanation why they have so much wolf everything is because they are constantly hunting wolf so wolf is their primary source of clothing besides imports but wolf fur and leather makes sense because these wolf lands are very cold.

"A good way to get into a state of pure wolfness, would be that you shall wolf the wolf until the wolfing wolf wolfs. Then, when the wolf wolfs your wolfness, the wolves of the wild will wolf your wolf up. Wolf!"

– Attributed to Wolf Master Jonal Wolfhand
Last edited by Woodstovia on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:26 am

Woodstovia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

"A good way to get into a state of pure wolfness, would be that you shall wolf the wolf until the wolfing wolf wolfs. Then, when the wolf wolfs your wolfness, the wolves of the wild will wolf your wolf up. Wolf!"

– Attributed to Wolf Master Jonal Wolfhand

Is it sad that I know exactly where that comes from?

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:39 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:

Is it sad that I know exactly where that comes from?

WAIT, THAT'S A THING?!?!?

I MUST EXPERIENCE THIS! GIB ME THIS!!!
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 am

Tasuirin wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Is it sad that I know exactly where that comes from?

WAIT, THAT'S A THING?!?!?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Wolves#Combat_doctrine Second quote.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:56 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:WAIT, THAT'S A THING?!?!?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Wolves#Combat_doctrine Second quote.

THERE ARE MOOOOORE QUOTES?!?!?!?!

eep
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:59 am

Damn, i need to get my app ready.

But i really don't know if i should attempt to do a lore thing about my lord's sub-state first.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 am

Skarten wrote:Damn, i need to get my app ready.

But i really don't know if i should attempt to do a lore thing about my lord's sub-state first.

This kind of RP is tricky. Usually, I'd recommend doing the app first, but with this one, I'd recommend writing up your lore, having it on-page, then write an app and submit both.

Either way, have lore in your mind first off.
Last edited by Tasuirin on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 am

Tasuirin wrote:

This kind of RP is tricky. Usually, I'd recommend doing the app first, but with this one, I'd recommend writing up your lore, having it on-page, then write an app and submit both.

I would guess so.

Anyhow, i really don't know with what culture to base my sub-state on.I have an idea for my essentially everything except the main type of culture. Really, the main thing is that i needed VOID to clear up what he meant when he said that the more advanced places of Terra have a technology of the colonial era.

Does he mean 1500's?

Does he mean 1600's?

Does he mean 1700's?

I don't know.
Last edited by Skarten on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 am

Tasuirin wrote:

THERE ARE MOOOOORE QUOTES?!?!?!?!

eep

The 1d4wiki is an interesting place, that aside the part with me saying wolf 18 times without spacing and adding an "and wolf" at the end is from this https://youtu.be/ihskUz0obzY?t=1150 Starting from this point for context's sake

Tasuirin wrote:

I just put a description of my lands in my character's bio but yeah you pretty much need to have it in context, especially if you are going to have your character reflect your land's culture.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:37 am

Khasinkonia wrote:So, would anyone be interested in interacting with the servant to the throne?

Well my character is sitting in the corner without much to do besides wait so sure I'm game for him interacting with Kauashe.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:27 am

You know, we could really use an discord.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:03 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:So, would anyone be interested in interacting with the servant to the throne?

Well my character is sitting in the corner without much to do besides wait so sure I'm game for him interacting with Kauashe.

Well, if he’s at the Grand Palace, we can certainly interact.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:15 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Edda

Sex: Female
Race: Human
Appearance:
    Standing at 5’6” with a lithe figure, lacking many of the obvious qualities a woman might hold, Edda’s not what one would be stated as ‘perfect’ by any stretch of the imagination. Red hair is kept long and wild, in part due to the nature of her lifestyle, and her skin is pitted and marred by various scars and small cuts, developed both from her eating habits and from the thorns that one sometimes misses. Her eyes, instead of the normal scar tissue covering, are simply not there whatsoever, the area covered by a thick cloth.

In terms of clothing, she prefers to wear simple dresses and comfortable shoes instead of the thicker layers one might have in more common society. A crown of roses is always worn by her, made by her own hands, though it is long since dead.

A young wolf is forever following her.
Personality:
    Silent, due to the most obvious of reasons, and overall calm in the face of most which occurs about her, Edda’s the sort of individual to strike-out with wrath in a most rare manner. Plagued by the aspects of the forest which she has consumed, there is a mild suffering in the form of a fragmented unconscious, leading to frequent night terrors. She does, however, possess a vast intellect and an instinctive talent towards magic, something that is both natural towards her and gained through her consumption of spirits.
Skills:
    Well and fully capable in the mental arts, the method of consuming a spirit’s existence in order to garner more power being favored for gathering such, Edda’s able in reaching into another’s mind in order to find information or, in other circumstances, cut-away knowledge in another’s mind to cause a wipe, a gap in memory. In regards to summoning, she is novice and far less skilled than most others, while in the art of evocation, in fireballs and wreaths of flame, Edda can be considered competent. Due to the nature of her life, she rarely performs such violent and flashy actions, taking preference in the more silent methods of disposal. To this effect, both with tinkering of the lands about her and by magical methods, Edda has become capable in taking effect on air pressure, lessening the pressure against a person’s lungs to the point wherein they cannot breathe through the siphoning-away of oxygen. This can, however, be expanded upon to create a rapid vacuum by the rapid consuming of oxygen within a close distance, creating a deadspace of air about her and making a minor concussive blast.
House: N/A
Loyalties:
    Herself. She holds no love for House Regine nor Carnifex, though were she to become educated on the subject it’s entirely likely she would choose for House Regine’s or a House like so instead of one like House Carnifex.
Biography:
    Born in Eramauy, a fortress built among the Frigg Mountain Range, Edda’s earliest life experiences were those of living among the convent. Whether it was by a mother who could not keep or a father who would not give, whether it was by a cheating father whose wife could never know the exploits, whether it was by a whore could could never raise, the reason, the why never did matter to Edda. She was given away, a bundle left upon the doorstep who made not a singular sound. The nuns there took her in, took her in to raise and teach in the ways of celibacy and silence, the ways of prayer and praising. Her life there was quiet, for she never made a sound and only ever listened. At first the others thought her in shock, damaged and hurt by something or another, yet they could never make her speak a word. Some thought her to be a devil’s trap, a being who couldn’t speak for she had no soul to speak with, a demon whose strength lay in the ears, yet these few kept to themselves, afraid to a degree of what might occur were they to voice the concerns.

When she turned eighteen, Edda would be given the simpler tasks in life. She tended to the garden, tended to whatever food the convent could grow among the mountains, and was kept hidden away by the Sisters. They feared, some of the kinder beings, that if her mute nature would be brought to light that she would be viewed as a demon by some Inquisitorial passer, by some crusading knight who saw a demon in every corner, a devil in every fireplace. Such a thing succeeded for some years, yet Eramauy did not survive the winter, nor the storm, nor the strong arm of man. Raiders came from the plains and forests, desperate men who had been cast away from their own villages and towns that hungered for gold and more. They stalked up, up along the mountain path, a roguish few conning their way into the battlements with the lie that they were merely sheltering from the cold, needed food. These few bastards opened the doors quietly, cold steel bared on the hip, and ravaged the convent. The brave died with kitchen knives in their hands, the corpses defiled and deprived of dignity. The peaceful were used, the screams echoing down stone corridors. Edda hid, hid in a cellar until she could hide no longer.

An emotion burned in her, rage and hatred and revenge for what had been done, what will happen, an emotion the teachings had forever told her to ignore and yet welled inside her, inside the heart and soul. Power drew to her hands, the torches about her growing dim before being blown-away by an unseen wind, and in those very hands was there fire gathered between the finger-tips. Edda burst-forth, fire wreathed about her body, purging the bandits with no mercy. The others screamed, kept on screaming as they thought a Sister to be consumed by devilry, to be taken by the demons of hate, screamed and covered their eyes in terror. The smarter bandits grabbed ahold of hostages, thinking themselves safe behind, and yet Edda was still consumed by that rage, that rage of their cowardice and cruelty. In thar rage, she burned-away those before her, Sister and bandit together, burning them until all anyone would hear were screams. Of the two hundred who once lived in Eramauy, fourteen survived, Edda included. For her trespassing, for her use of a blessing in haste and murder, the goddess to which they praised, their patron Gaia, removed Edda’s eyes, plucking them out as one would pluck berries, and the young woman was forced to leave the convent, leave for to stay would be to remind the others of her anger, her murder.

Outside the gates, blind and mute, unable to call for help, Edda collapsed into the snow-covered ground, a shaking hand producing a circle, sealing it with a drop of blood, then a simple rune among the dirt and hard ground. She called forth a spirit, one of the lesser spirits, and it gathered itself before her, gathered it’s body with dirt and twigs, with droplets of blood and tears. It spoke into her mind and, thus, her first Contract was made...though it could hardly be called that. The spirit was a kind and, truthfully, a rather bored one at that, interested to a degree in helping merely for the sake of taking some minor spite at the Goddess who brought condemnation. It was not a very smart spirit, in all actuality, yet in any case did make the Contract. In exchange for some company, some sharing of bread and food, it would give her a measure of awareness about herself, a spacial knowledge of what was there. Her navigation down the mountain was a silent one, a lump of chippings and blood on her shoulder.

In the forests below, the area of the bandits, she slept a first night away, tucked away in a cave. Over several weeks, she would sleep there, the spirit with her bringing measures of food hunted away through one method or another, bundles of berries, and yet over time, Edda felt herself grow weaker and weaker, the spirit somehow becoming more and more active. One night, in a dream, she saw that same spirit, saw it and heard it speak, saw it eat away at a corpse. It ran away, ran away into the shadows of her mind, and that corpse was Edda, throat ripped away. On waking, she asked the spirit, the spirit who didn’t answer, instead lunging at her throat, shards of wood scorning flesh. Edda would have screamed, were she able, her hands clutching feebly at bits and pieces of dirt and rain, and her mind reached-out as well, grabbing ahold of the sensed spirit before her. She didn’t act, not at all, eating the spirit’s very essence before her in chunks. Edda would hunt the forests, finding more spirits and consuming them, as she had with the first. With each taken, new knowledge was gained, new power taken, and over time she became more and more capable. A wild wolf was found, a cub with an eaten mother, found and raised to become a puppet, and Edda lived there. She’s lived there since, the forest hers, the convent long dead, the fortress long since abandoned, and the bandits slaughtered.
RP Example:#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Ormata on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:19 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Well, if he’s at the Grand Palace, we can certainly interact.

In the corner of the Great Hall in the Grand Palace. :P So yeah he is in it.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:24 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Well, if he’s at the Grand Palace, we can certainly interact.

In the corner of the Great Hall in the Grand Palace. :P So yeah he is in it.

Excellent, I’ll try and post soon-ish.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:35 pm

How many troops do I have? And more importantly, what percent of the total imperial force is that?
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Finally got back into my account. Will finish my apps by the end of the day.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:06 pm

I've accidentally created a sort of tag along who I think is gonna become Siona's apprentice. She wouldn't be the focus of Siona's story, and would really be more like a supporting character, but should I create an app for her as well? Or does it not matter to much, since she isn't the main character for my characters arc?
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse