NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High-Worlds Beyond IC (Holy High Reboot, Open!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:~snip~

Azazel

Her answer disappointed him. Her words held the same confidence as her posture, and, searching her eyes, he was almost inclined to believe her.

Almost.

The lie wasn't hard to catch. He'd seen her come up to help Hermes, and he knew she hadn't been here long, and that Hermes hadn't even opened his mouth to tell her whether he had an envelope or not. And that gave him a very valid reason to take arms against her.

It took everything he had not to lick his lips. She didn't look the type to back down, not without knowing just what he was, and the same could be said of him. Neither had a firm grasp of the others' powers beyond flight. It was just the sort of battle he'd been looking forward to, but he stopped himself. He was trying, consciously, to make sure that despite his demonic heritage and the obvious perceptions that came with that, the other students knew him for who he was, not what he had done.

Whether they could forgive the atrocities he'd committed was up to them.

Even then, with her very open challenge, it was hard for him to not take the bait and engage. There was no doubt in his mind that he would emerge victorious. He had yet to meet someone who could best him in combat without assistance, and few that could even then. Restraint was never his strong suit, as should have been expected of someone of his origins.

With a sigh though, Azazel relaxed his hand, not even pointing out the obvious tell from her words. "Alright, I'll bite, but put that toy away, otherwise, I might be inclined to reconsider." He wasn't scared of her in the slightest, that much was obvious, and the revealing of a blade only made him feel more inclined to reciprocate the action. But he did his best not to try and sound hostile despite that, "Be careful on the way down. Getting your wings, magnificent, I must say, tangled up with the branches would be unpleasant. And next time you're caught between two potential hostiles," his smirk returned, accompanied by a laugh, "I'd suggest not turning your back to one of them."

With that said, Azazel leapt up to the peak of the tree that he himself was standing on, balancing comfortably despite the obviously precarious position, his own white wings flared out in case the branch beneath his feet snapped. He scanned the surrounding area, not pausing the sweeping of his eyes when he spotted what looked like a rock formation in the distance, not wanting Hermes, or his apparent savior, for that matter, to catch on to his hunch.

"I'll leave you to it then, but before I go," the demon looked back to Hamiri, "I don't believe I caught your name." Despite his relaxed poise, he was ready. She seemed angry, and he didn't know her well. As far as he was concerned, she could stab him in the back without a second thought.

"Hamiri Yu," she answered, watching him as he flew away. Inside, Hamiri gave a deep sigh. He did not decide to fight Hermes or her, meaning that she had either convinced him or he did not really want to fight. Either way, she could help her classmate, who would have not been able to fight Azazel had he decided to engage. She still was wary of the demon, however, as he backed away from the two of them. She could see the glint in his eyes, the violent desire to attack and to crush his opposition. Even the way he worded his warning and his retreat were suspicious. If they managed to face each other again, she knew he would accept her challenge, and would fight a bloody fight to get her envelopes. This is supposed to be a training exercise, not a gauntlet...but it feels like a gauntlet anyway...too many people who are all too ready to hurt each other... she thought with worry.

Above the trees, the glowing orb Hyperion had summoned gleamed, and allowed Hyperion to watch over the campus. He noticed which students had begun to engage each other, which ones had envelopes, and which ones were still searching for envelopes. He never missed a detail. He called them to Michael, who wrote them on his clipboard as he stood with the actual Hyperion. The sun god had noticed that Azazel had eyed two students with near-murderous intent, and he started to wonder himself. "...You know, Michael...with all these demon-kids on the island, I wonder if letting them run around campus fighting each other was the best idea. Because...you know...you know how underworld spirits can be sometimes..." he muttered.

Michael was just a little surprised to hear Hyperion expressing fear, but given that nobody else was around, he figured his fellow teacher felt safe confiding in him. He knit his brows as he listened, and then gave a short nod. "...The idea will work. We will not let anyone be hurt that badly. This is the best way to determine who will need the most help, and who will be allowed the most leeway during the year. And the ones who make trouble for the rest of the class will have their own consequences to face," he assured Hyperion.

"Yeah, just...I hope I won't have to actually break-up a fight because someone's trying to kill another kid...This isn't supposed to be a gladiator fight, if you know what I man..."

"If students try to make it one, we will demonstrate to them the cost of wanton violence. They'll have one chance to learn their lesson," Michael replied. His expression and voice were both grave, as he thought on the punishment for students who became too belligerent toward their classmates. Azazel, Patriah, Razorclaw, and Lucifer were all far too ready to fight, and he knew he would have to rein-in at least one of them. As for Apophis, he still stood next to Xavier and did not move, as though his mind was in another world. Xavier had started scouting the area and had decided to grab one of the envelopes, an envelope from behind the dorm closest to the forest. He had returned, hoping Apophis would accept the letter as a symbol of their teamwork. The exercise had been going now for about five minutes, and he hoped the chaos god would accept the offer of cooperation.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Azazel

With a brief gust of air, Azazel landed near the cave, looking to see if he had been lucky enough to find anything. After leaving Hamiri and Hermes, his excitement for this entire exercise had diminished somewhat. While they'd made it clear that violence was somewhat expected, he also didn't want to go around causing unnecessary trouble, even if there weren't any consequences to it. He had elected to head towards a rock formation that, upon closer inspection, appeared to be a cave.

The cave bore strange markings, ones that he allowed himself to be drawn to, if only for a moment, and considered stepping inside to search for an envelope, it seemed like a good location for one to be, after all. But at the same time, he wondered if Hyperion's eye would be able to see into the underground. Upon giving it some thought, that seemed highly illogical. After all, if an incident like the one he'd just been a part of occurred out of sight, it could lead to disaster.

Pulling his gaze away from the markings, Azazel leapt up to the mouth of the cave in one jump, scanning the ground below for any of the envelopes. While he doubted that there would be one inside the cave, where Hyperion likely couldn't see, it still seemed like a rather obvious marker for one of the objectives.

And while he was looking around, searching, he couldn't stop thinking back to Hamiri. She'd more than likely had one of the letters, he was almost certain of that. And he was fairly certain that she wasn't lying to him to protect herself. No, she had been protecting Hermes, the other god who'd been stuck in the tree. It was quite noble, really, one could even call it heroic. Hell, she had even been there in the first place to help Hermes, not to further her own goals, which was something else she had the moral high ground on.

Azazel, though, shaking his head, sighed. He may have been trying to improve his own morals and perspectives, but she had him beat by a mile on that front. It was admirable, if anything, really, but he pried his thoughts away from their encounter, instead focusing on his search that he was beginning to think would prove fruitless, staying alert for an ambush all the while, which was more instinctive than anything else.

Otohime

Along with Lucifer, when Otohime continued to head towards the beach, keeping her eyes open all the while, but until she got to the coast she wouldn't feel secure. The water was her weapon, and it was her armor, and it was everything. Granted, she carried a small bottle with her, but it wasn't much, and she had always had trouble drawing it from the ground unless it was absolutely saturated. The air...she had never even managed to pull water vapor out of the air. Those were both things that she intended to work on while here at Holy High.

That said, however, she was delighted when she finally found one of the letters. She almost missed it, actually, and would have if she hadn't stepped right on top of it, her feet breaking through the fine layer of sand at the top before feeling something strange, which, to her luck, just so happened to be one of the envelopes.

"It seems that fortune is on our side today," Otohime said, grinning towards Lucifer, who she had teamed up with, "One down." In truth, she wasn't great at reading people, but Lucifer gave off an aura, which is the only way she knew to describe it, that put her off. While it never showed, she had been raised to be perfectly poised in most situations, and to not reveal her negative impressions of others in order to avoid offending them, it was certainly there. And while, at first, when he'd proposed to cut ties after this training exercise, she'd thought it would be silly to throw away a potential friend, she was starting to think that taking him up on it may not be a terrible idea.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:-snip-

Otohime

Although she hid it fairly well, Otohime started when Lucifer approached her, not expecting someone to propose an alliance, but soon picked up on what he was saying, and, admittedly, the idea of teaming up was an appealing one. With her lack of experience in combat, having someone to watch her back couldn't hurt. And so, with a nod, she decided to side with him.

"Those terms are agreeable," the water goddess flashed him a smile while extending a hand in greeting, "You may call me Otohime, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

As always, she remained formal and graceful in her actions, and, while she didn't know just whom she was dealing with, her thought process didn't go much farther than having someone on her side in this exercise.

Lucifer

"Excellent. You may call me Lucifer. You'll probably hear this name a lot in my brother's mouth, my brother being Michael, if you were wondering. Given that we are in a... partnership right now, it would be wise if we listed our skills in case we need a plan. I can summon fire, have a reasonable battle experience... Guess it is a respectable curriculum, overall. And your abilities are...?"

Cooperative tasks always seemed to carry an extra usefulness for Lucifer: he could study the behavior of the other students in the Academy, and how that affected their skills. Most of their domains could be studied in books written by their worshipers or people who hated them - like his own case - but how they actually behaved was another completely different subject of history. Besides, maybe he could even form a type of alliance with the recently found goddess.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Chrominus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrominus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Chrominus wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“It was VERY necessary, thank you!” Hyperion shouted back, holding the trumpet and the megaphone ready, as if he planned to use them again if Lucifer continued to complain. He did not act immediately, however, as he did have a question for Michael to answer.

“You’ll have to get creative,” Michael answered, “you don’t have to severely harm or kill your opponents in order to defeat them. That is one of the things you will learn in this class, the many ways combat can be accomplished. If you’re worried about ways you can get the envelopes more quickly, you can partner with one or two of your classmates and make a scheme to get envelopes.” He then looked to the rest of the class. “Also! If you are in a group and your group has envelopes at the end of the exercise, all students in that group will be counted as having that many envelopes. For example, if Razorclaw, Nyarlathotep, and Lucifer make a team and get an envelope, they will all be counted as having one envelope at the end of the exercise.”

“And if we catch you breaking any of the rules, Michael will come and stop you. How? Cause I’ll be watching the whole time!” Hyperion added.

Michael looked over at him and nodded, even though he had already mentioned this piece of information. He then summoned a timer, and he held it ready. “If you kids are ready to start...when I press this, you may begin!” He pressed the timer, and a short beep sounded.

Ran dashes off towards the forest, giving glances around to see if anyone is following them. Their mossy hair flies behind them, seemingly allowing anyone a chance to grab on for the ride. Ran twists their magic of souls, makes themself purposely seem small, able to be attacked, not a threat. Upon sensing an envelope beneath a small pile of twigs, they secret it within a hidden pocket on their body, from where they pulled the earlier apple. Then they freeze, moving inperceptibly to see if anyone is following.

Ran quietly returns to normal, begins moving deeper into the forest. They begin to sing to themselves as they walk, pushing their mind to become as close to the forest as possible, so as to sense whatever may come. Ran's footsteps quiet, and quiet more, as an illusion of birdsong surrounds them, intermixed with their own singing. Those nearby would hear a cacophony of birds, drowning out Ran's unhearing movement. Ran begins to move unconsciously, thinking of things beyond this game while letting her instinct take them where it may. What comes after, of the alliances building among their classmates, what may be and what will be. This is how they have spent many years of their existence, a thinking being not girl nor boy but a myth of someone who once could have been one. Ran wanders on, waking from her thought-sleep to find a tree ahead, big and much like that which they knew from home.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 pm

Hermes

Hermes simply sat there, a bit shocked by the entire exchange in front of him. He was simply looking for a way out of a tree when a black-winged student had come up to offer him aid. He was grateful for the offer but wasn't about to join a group after already finding an envelope. Hermes was about to decline her offer when a guy with demon wings flew in. He definitely seemed more hostile than the girl, like one wrong word could set him off. Thankfully, the girl managed to defuse the situation with Azazel without coming to violence, although it did look like she was ready to go at a moment's notice. Azazel flew off without much complaint and Hamiri, as Hermes learned, looked relieved.

"Thanks for that." Hermes finally spoke up. "I probably could have handled him but why show off this early, am I right?" It was obviously a lie but he wouldn't admit that. "As for teaming up, thanks but no thanks. I tend to work better on my own, mainly because no one else can follow my way of thinking."

Hermes took another look down and then proceeded to parkour down from one tree to another with ease. He looked back up and shouted "Yeah, I was never stuck by the way. I was just trying to figure out which branches where sturdy enough." Then he just ran off through the woods and planned to keep running until the exercise was over.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:01 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Ranoria wrote:
Otohime

Although she hid it fairly well, Otohime started when Lucifer approached her, not expecting someone to propose an alliance, but soon picked up on what he was saying, and, admittedly, the idea of teaming up was an appealing one. With her lack of experience in combat, having someone to watch her back couldn't hurt. And so, with a nod, she decided to side with him.

"Those terms are agreeable," the water goddess flashed him a smile while extending a hand in greeting, "You may call me Otohime, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

As always, she remained formal and graceful in her actions, and, while she didn't know just whom she was dealing with, her thought process didn't go much farther than having someone on her side in this exercise.

Lucifer

"Excellent. You may call me Lucifer. You'll probably hear this name a lot in my brother's mouth, my brother being Michael, if you were wondering. Given that we are in a... partnership right now, it would be wise if we listed our skills in case we need a plan. I can summon fire, have a reasonable battle experience... Guess it is a respectable curriculum, overall. And your abilities are...?"

Cooperative tasks always seemed to carry an extra usefulness for Lucifer: he could study the behavior of the other students in the Academy, and how that affected their skills. Most of their domains could be studied in books written by their worshipers or people who hated them - like his own case - but how they actually behaved was another completely different subject of history. Besides, maybe he could even form a type of alliance with the recently found goddess.

Otohime

She hesitated for just a moment. She had liked the idea of not revealing her powers if she didn't have to, but, at this point, it would have been rude to conceal her own abilities after Lucifer, who's name she felt was familiar in some sense, had so willingly disclosed his own.

And so, without allowing any of her trepidation to show outwardly, she nodded, a polite smile, on her lips, "I can control water, that's about the extent of my unique abilities," she left out the part about her true form being that of a dragon, that was something she didn't plan to reveal, as much out of insecurity as it was for a trump card, "But I can't say that I've had many opportunities to use it in combat." She paused, looking up to her teammate, thinking that battle had normally been her father's expertise, "That was my primary reason for joining you. I don't have much of an idea about how I would fare in a fight."

That, too, was only a half-truth, even if she gave no indication of it, her decades, no, centuries, of growing used to concealing her emotions in a formal setting serving her well. While she hadn't fought often, she had experimented with her powers, obviously, and sometimes violence was the last option on the table. When it was, her fury was not something to be taken lightly, not with the power of the oceans at her back.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 am

Bycrest wrote:Hermes

Hermes simply sat there, a bit shocked by the entire exchange in front of him. He was simply looking for a way out of a tree when a black-winged student had come up to offer him aid. He was grateful for the offer but wasn't about to join a group after already finding an envelope. Hermes was about to decline her offer when a guy with demon wings flew in. He definitely seemed more hostile than the girl, like one wrong word could set him off. Thankfully, the girl managed to defuse the situation with Azazel without coming to violence, although it did look like she was ready to go at a moment's notice. Azazel flew off without much complaint and Hamiri, as Hermes learned, looked relieved.

"Thanks for that." Hermes finally spoke up. "I probably could have handled him but why show off this early, am I right?" It was obviously a lie but he wouldn't admit that. "As for teaming up, thanks but no thanks. I tend to work better on my own, mainly because no one else can follow my way of thinking."

Hermes took another look down and then proceeded to parkour down from one tree to another with ease. He looked back up and shouted "Yeah, I was never stuck by the way. I was just trying to figure out which branches where sturdy enough." Then he just ran off through the woods and planned to keep running until the exercise was over.

Hamiri shrugged as Hermes proclaimed he had not been in any danger. She was just glad to avoid a fight, which now seemed would be inevitable if she ran into Azazel again. As soon as Hermes disappeared, she flew back down toward the floor of the forest, and met with Kimiko. They still did not have any envelopes of their own, so she knew they needed to search quickly. Otherwise they would have to fight other students for envelopes, and their plans would be ruined.

“Okay, that’s done, where do you think we need to look next for envelopes? Do you sense anything or anyone nearby?” She knew they would find other students here, as roughly ten minutes had past. Other students probably had found more of the envelopes in the area already, meaning their chances of finding envelopes on this side of campus was diminishing. Ggh...at this rate I may as well have to fight Azazel to get one of his own envelopes...fun... she thought, gloomily. Yet she hoped Kimiko’s senses had been better than hers, and had already found something ahead.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 am

Luminesa wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Razorclaw
Razorclaw landed on the roof with a loud thud. He scooped up the envelope, and dropped it in his bag. He said,"I'm ready for pick up. The beach is right next to the sea, right?" Razorclaw, being amphibious, was at home in the water. Also, he might be able to find a fish or two to eat as well, which would be nice.

"Great, we can split-up for a few minutes!" Patriah flew over, lifted Razorclaw, and headed for the beach. The mention of Razorclaw being able to swim and catch fish reminded him that maybe they could check in the water for envelopes. He had never bothered to ask if the envelopes dissolved in water, but he figured they might as well try and find-out for themselves. As they reached the beach, however, he noticed the group of people searching the beach. Lucifer, Otohime, and Nyarlathotep were all looking. His stomach sank, and he knew he would have to fight. "...Hey, it looks like that girl over there found one," he muttered, pointing to Nyarlathotep. He had seen her pluck a crab's shell off the ground and pull out an envelope, so she was ahead of the game already. "Aim an arrow at her and see if we can maybe steal hers. I'll drop you off and you can search the water while I get her envelope. Sounds good?"

Razorclaw
Razorclaw said,"Sounds like a plan. Let's do it!" He hefted his crossbow and loaded a bolt. He wanted to fire it as a warning shot, so he aimed carefully at the envelope in her hand. He squeezed the trigger, and the bolt flew. The arrow missed, seeing as the letter had disappeared into some sort of other dimension. Razorclaw said,"Ready to drop."
Last edited by Pax Nerdvana on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:36 am

Luminesa wrote:Hamiri shrugged as Hermes proclaimed he had not been in any danger. She was just glad to avoid a fight, which now seemed would be inevitable if she ran into Azazel again. As soon as Hermes disappeared, she flew back down toward the floor of the forest, and met with Kimiko. They still did not have any envelopes of their own, so she knew they needed to search quickly. Otherwise they would have to fight other students for envelopes, and their plans would be ruined.

“Okay, that’s done, where do you think we need to look next for envelopes? Do you sense anything or anyone nearby?” She knew they would find other students here, as roughly ten minutes had past. Other students probably had found more of the envelopes in the area already, meaning their chances of finding envelopes on this side of campus was diminishing. Ggh...at this rate I may as well have to fight Azazel to get one of his own envelopes...fun... she thought, gloomily. Yet she hoped Kimiko’s senses had been better than hers, and had already found something ahead.

Razorclaw said,"Sounds like a plan. Let's do it!" He hefted his crossbow and loaded a bolt. He wanted to fire it as a warning shot, so he aimed carefully at the envelope in her hand. He squeezed the trigger, and the bolt flew. The arrow missed, seeing as the letter had disappeared into some sort of other dimension. Razorclaw said,"Ready to drop."

Kimiko

She used her spirit sense to look around and find people, she saw the faint glimmer of a spirit rather close by. "Over there, I can kinda see someone," she pointed in the direction of Ran, "I don't know if they have an envelope but it's worth trying right?" Kimiko still held the envelope in her hands but decide it was best to hide it, she folded the envelope up and pulled her tail up to her side. She placed the envelope withing the fluff of her tail, completely hiding it from sight.

Nyarlathotep

The crossbow bolt shot just in front of Nyaru and gave her quite the shock. She jumped back a bit and turned towards the location of the attack, she saw the attacker drop from the wings of a companion. Nyaru held out her right hand and faced her palm towards the attacker, "Antsy are we?" As she taunted the large lizardman a green ball of what could only be described as a writhing mass fired from her hann directly at Razorclaw. As it got close the writhing mass extended tentacle like features that attempted to grab and bind him.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:44 am

5pb wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Hamiri shrugged as Hermes proclaimed he had not been in any danger. She was just glad to avoid a fight, which now seemed would be inevitable if she ran into Azazel again. As soon as Hermes disappeared, she flew back down toward the floor of the forest, and met with Kimiko. They still did not have any envelopes of their own, so she knew they needed to search quickly. Otherwise they would have to fight other students for envelopes, and their plans would be ruined.

Kimiko

She used her spirit sense to look around and find people, she saw the faint glimmer of a spirit rather close by. "Over there, I can kinda see someone," she pointed in the direction of Ran, "I don't know if they have an envelope but it's worth trying right?" Kimiko still held the envelope in her hands but decide it was best to hide it, she folded the envelope up and pulled her tail up to her side. She placed the envelope withing the fluff of her tail, completely hiding it from sight.

Nyarlathotep

The crossbow bolt shot just in front of Nyaru and gave her quite the shock. She jumped back a bit and turned towards the location of the attack, she saw the attacker drop from the wings of a companion. Nyaru held out her right hand and faced her palm towards the attacker, "Antsy are we?" As she taunted the large lizardman a green ball of what could only be described as a writhing mass fired from her hann directly at Razorclaw. As it got close the writhing mass extended tentacle like features that attempted to grab and bind him.

Razorclaw
Razorclaw slashed at whatever the thing was with his claws, and said,"So it's a fight you want? You'll get one!" Razorclaw grinned toothily. He leaped, and hit the beach, flinging sand into the air. He said,"Don't worry, I'm not planning on hurting you too badly, just incapacitating you." Razorclaw raised his claws in front of him, and steadied his footing.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
5pb wrote:

Kimiko

Nyarlathotep

Razorclaw
Razorclaw slashed at whatever the thing was with his claws, and said,"So it's a fight you want? You'll get one!" Razorclaw grinned toothily. He leaped, and hit the beach, flinging sand into the air. He said,"Don't worry, I'm not planning on hurting you too badly, just incapacitating you." Razorclaw raised his claws in front of him, and steadied his footing.

Nyarlathotep

Razorclaw cut the tentacles up and leaped towards her. "How intimidating~" she gave a little giggle as she took a step forward, "you shouldn't fight against someone you don't know about." Nyaru's form began to shift and the wind began to pick up, "I'll give you a little taste... of the crawling chaos." Nyaru grew in size and began to cast a large shadow over the coast. "She" was now a creature unlike anything anyone here has seen, tendrils crept from its back and it had four legs that were like drills. It was still rather humanoid but also not, where its head should be was a large tendril with a gaping hole in it. A voice echoed from the hole, "I won't hurt you too much either, if you're lucky you're skin won't even scar," the voice was booming and large but still very feminine.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Patriah saw Nyarlathotep and Razorclaw begin their fight, and so he snuck away to the shoreline to search for an envelope, and quickly. He had expected for the fight to continue behind him without much fuss, but then he felt his body stiffen in fear. He turned around, and saw that the young "girl" had become some sort of...thing. She was huge, covered in tendrils, and had drills for legs. She spoke with her usual voice, but that voice now became more ominous as it echoed over both students. Even worse, she could see him. He was not someone to run from a fight, but he was in a hurry to get an envelope. Ack! Razorclaw just hold her off for a few minutes, I'm coming! he thought. He took off his pants and scarf, which were too heavy for swimming in the water (thus leaving him only in his under-shorts), and then dove into the water, swimming around the shallow water to find an envelope. He could stay underwater for about forty-five seconds at a time, and he hoped he would not take more than a few minutes finding an envelope.

Some time passed, and he indeed found an envelope. He was surprised to see that the envelopes did not dissolve in the water after all, and wondered what kind of paper would not dissolve in water. He did not have too much time to wonder on such a concept, however. He popped his head out of the water, and then snuck back to his clothes to hide his envelope in them. He shoved the parcel into his scarf and wrapped it tightly, aware that he would have to carry it this way while fighting Nyarlu. He pulled out his sword, and glared up at the monstrous being. "I'm not gonna kill you, I'm just gonna make you hurt a lot," he threatened.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Azazel

The search had taken long enough that he'd almost abandoned the area around the cave, but eventually Azazel managed to find the envelope, his second, just outside the mouth of the cavern, which was adorned with markings that he didn't recognize. Perhaps they would merit study, and he was tempted to observe them now. But no matter how intriguing they were, he pulled his gaze away from the cavern, ever wary that something could charge out of it and attack.

Pocketing his second prize, however, he frowned. He was now in a difficult situation. While he was sure that many of the students had yet to secure two of the envelopes, he was also aware that, at this point, there would be slim pickings, and even if he managed to find a spot where one of them might have been, it would have likely been combed over by one of his classmates by now. He briefly considered heading for the coast, he could make it in a decent amount of time, but quickly discarded the idea. More had headed towards the coast than the forest in the first place, and heading over there would have been throwing away precious time that he could have been searching.

So, that left him with one clear option: take someone else's hard earned prize. As much as he knew that the others would probably scorn him for the action, there was no reason for him to not try and win if it was possible.

Looking around to make sure that no one was around to see his powers, Azazel sighed, summoning a belt at his hip, one that was complete with a one handed sword. He'd let them figure out how he'd gotten them. It wouldn't last long, he had yet to regain full command of his powers of creation, but fifteen minutes or so, about how long any of his designs normally lasted, would be more than long enough.

He did, for a moment, consider waiting between the campus and the forest, but this was a timed exercise, not so much one that would have required them to return to the school before all was said and done.

Instead, he flared his massive wings once more and took flight, looking around for a central location, and, before long, something caught his eye, something that was simply impossible to not notice once you were above the canopy, really. There was one tree that stood above all the others, and noticeably so. If there was a more obvious location for others to come looking around, he couldn't think of it, and really, who would have known if there was an envelope over there?

It hadn't taken him long to reach the tree, and, immedietely, he started looking around it. For a large nest, perhaps, or maybe it was hanging from a branch. Either way, he doubted that no one else would end up flocking to this beacon of attention.

Unfortunately for him, it never would have occurred to him that the envelope wasn't in the tree itself. And, as such, his best course of action soon became clear when he didn't find the letter.

He waited.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 am

Hamiri looked in the direction in which Kimiko pointed, and she sighed as she realized the person was the Fae-Elf instead of Azazel. He might be powerful himself, but he was not a violent spirit of darkness. In fact, the aura around him seemed pleasant and twinkling, fantastical and elegant. She did not wish to fight someone so friendly, but she knew she may have to do so to get another envelope. She was glad that Kimiko had found one, but one was not enough.

She moved ahead somewhat, keeping a few yards behind Ran and stepping quietly to avoid being heard. As she moved, she eyed something under a bush. Kneeling, she pulled out their second envelope. “Found one!” she whispered to her teammate. She handed the envelope to her to put away, and then they began to walk further into the woods. As they moved toward the center of the woods, a few minutes later, they noticed the enormous oak in the middle of the woods.

“...There’s got to be one here...let’s give a look around. If we don’t see anything then we’ll maybe move along to somewhere else. Maybe we can move to the west side of campus,” she suggested. She then began to look around the base of the tree...and she began to feel a threat from above. She shuddered, and she looked up.

Azazel was in the tree above, watching them.

“...Kimiko...get ready for a fight...” she warned, drawing her sword once again, “I know where we’re going to get our third envelope, and it’s not going to be fun getting it...”
-Alan Jackson

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 am

Luminesa wrote:Hamiri looked in the direction in which Kimiko pointed, and she sighed as she realized the person was the Fae-Elf instead of Azazel. He might be powerful himself, but he was not a violent spirit of darkness. In fact, the aura around him seemed pleasant and twinkling, fantastical and elegant. She did not wish to fight someone so friendly, but she knew she may have to do so to get another envelope. She was glad that Kimiko had found one, but one was not enough.

She moved ahead somewhat, keeping a few yards behind Ran and stepping quietly to avoid being heard. As she moved, she eyed something under a bush. Kneeling, she pulled out their second envelope. “Found one!” she whispered to her teammate. She handed the envelope to her to put away, and then they began to walk further into the woods. As they moved toward the center of the woods, a few minutes later, they noticed the enormous oak in the middle of the woods.

“...There’s got to be one here...let’s give a look around. If we don’t see anything then we’ll maybe move along to somewhere else. Maybe we can move to the west side of campus,” she suggested. She then began to look around the base of the tree...and she began to feel a threat from above. She shuddered, and she looked up.

Azazel was in the tree above, watching them.

“...Kimiko...get ready for a fight...” she warned, drawing her sword once again, “I know where we’re going to get our third envelope, and it’s not going to be fun getting it...”
Luminesa wrote:Patriah saw Nyarlathotep and Razorclaw begin their fight, and so he snuck away to the shoreline to search for an envelope, and quickly. He had expected for the fight to continue behind him without much fuss, but then he felt his body stiffen in fear. He turned around, and saw that the young "girl" had become some sort of...thing. She was huge, covered in tendrils, and had drills for legs. She spoke with her usual voice, but that voice now became more ominous as it echoed over both students. Even worse, she could see him. He was not someone to run from a fight, but he was in a hurry to get an envelope. Ack! Razorclaw just hold her off for a few minutes, I'm coming! he thought. He took off his pants and scarf, which were too heavy for swimming in the water (thus leaving him only in his under-shorts), and then dove into the water, swimming around the shallow water to find an envelope. He could stay underwater for about forty-five seconds at a time, and he hoped he would not take more than a few minutes finding an envelope.

Some time passed, and he indeed found an envelope. He was surprised to see that the envelopes did not dissolve in the water after all, and wondered what kind of paper would not dissolve in water. He did not have too much time to wonder on such a concept, however. He popped his head out of the water, and then snuck back to his clothes to hide his envelope in them. He shoved the parcel into his scarf and wrapped it tightly, aware that he would have to carry it this way while fighting Nyarlu. He pulled out his sword, and glared up at the monstrous being. "I'm not gonna kill you, I'm just gonna make you hurt a lot," he threatened.

Kimiko

She hid the second envelope with the first one, inside her fluffy tail. Kimiko followed Hamiri towards the large tree in the center of the forest and glancing in each direction but not once did she think to look up. When they made it to the tree Hamiri warned kimiko to prepare for a fight but she was confused, until she looked up. She saw the darkened spirit belonging to Azazel and immediately summoned her sword through the teal spirit flames. "R-right!" she stuttered due to the shock from Hamiri's words.

Nyarlathotep

"You too? Well, normally I would love to play around with you both. But with the restrictions placed on the game I would rather avoid conflict entirely," Nyaru shrank back down to her normal form. She gave a sly smile and looked at both of the opponents, "How many envelopes do you guys have?" The wind still whipped around the coast. Seeing that her Illusion hadn't worked on scaring away the competition she decided it was time for her to prepare for actual combat, no matter how much she wanted to avoid it.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:23 pm

5pb wrote:

Nyarlathotep

Razorclaw cut the tentacles up and leaped towards her. "How intimidating~" she gave a little giggle as she took a step forward, "you shouldn't fight against someone you don't know about." Nyaru's form began to shift and the wind began to pick up, "I'll give you a little taste... of the crawling chaos." Nyaru grew in size and began to cast a large shadow over the coast. "She" was now a creature unlike anything anyone here has seen, tendrils crept from its back and it had four legs that were like drills. It was still rather humanoid but also not, where its head should be was a large tendril with a gaping hole in it. A voice echoed from the hole, "I won't hurt you too much either, if you're lucky you're skin won't even scar," the voice was booming and large but still very feminine.

Razorclaw
Razorclaw said,"What exactly are you? I've never seen anything like you before." Razorclaw didn't know how well he would fare with whatever his classmate had transformed into. He wondered if he would be able to find anything out about her, but he sort of doubted that. He bared his fangs, and got ready to fight.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:35 pm

5pb wrote:
Luminesa wrote:~sniiip~

"Look, this doesn't have to get messy." Azazel said calmly, a sword now at his hip, although, to anyone else, how it got there would be a total mystery, "I have two envelopes on my person, and, no, you don't have a chance of taking them away, so don't get any funny ideas." His wings folded back in as his hand reached down to draw his blade. It was a simple, balanced sword, but one made of much more durable materials than what would have been available in the time that it was one of the formidable weapons on the battlefield.

The fall would have harmed a human, but his body was so far beyond what any man could hope to achieve, and, even as he stood back to his full height, Azazel wondered if Hamiri would be able to match his own physical superiority. He also sighed, inwardly, that he would already have to enter an altercation, but it was necessary to some extent. He was a competitor at heart, and the idea of these class rankings got his blood flowing.

He didn't really look all that intimidating, wearing the flesh of a human, his form lithe and muscular, but also thin and lacking a massive, formidable frame.

Of course, anyone would be a fool to take the book by its cover, and he looked up, tattoos that lined his arms all the way to his neck shifting with his flesh. "I don't know how many you have, and I don't particularly care. I need one more. If you hand it over," he kept his eyes on Hamiri, fairly certain that she was the more dangerous of the two, but was wary of her ally, "I'll leave. If not, we fight. I can't guarantee that I won't leave you with any broken bones," Azazel smirked, knowing that she wasn't one to back away, "but I can promise to make an effort. Now, what will it be?"

His ultimatum was quite simple, really. Either they would fight, even with the restriction of being unable to knock your opponent unconscious, or they could all walk away intact, but with only Azazel in possession of as many envelopes as he could carry.

And, if one were to look in his eyes, they would see which outcome he was hoping for.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Hamiri

She clenched her sword tightly, refusing to back away. “I’ve been threatened with a lot worse than broken bones...if you wanna fight, then fight me. I’m not scared of you,” she answered. He only confirmed her suspicions that he was violent and ready to fight. She narrowed her eyes and prepared her wings. She also eyed Kimiko, telling her to keep back and to protect the envelopes. When she looked back to Azazel, she nodded. “Well? You want me to make the first move? Because otherwise go ahead. We have thirty minutes. I can wear you out in five,” she taunted. She hoped she could incapacitate him, maybe just clip his wings. She did not want to get in trouble, but she wanted to win the challenge. And she wanted to show this demon not to tease her.

Patriah

“We’re not telling you how many we have, we just know you have one!” Patriah shouted, looking imposing despite being soaked and in his underwear. His teeth were grit, and sharpened. He looked slightly beastly, though still mostly human. He waved his sword toward her, and added, “If you want to fight then fight! Otherwise we’ll find ways to get your envelope! Even if you put it in some pocket-dimension! I’m a Mage and I can reach through dimensions!”
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Azazel

He really couldn't help but smile. It was one that was somewhere between arrogance and excitement. After all, he was a fighter. He lived for this.

"Alright then," he said, bringing his sword up, one finger over the crossguard in a grip that most would find foolhardy and risky, but he himself knew that it offered far more leverage and mobility. The concept also applied to wrist locks, but he doubted those would come into play, "Just make sure to tell me when to stop."

He didn't move, his eyes locking with Hamiri's, but something sprung up behind her. Fire.

The burst of orange flame leapt up from the grass in two tongues of flame that leapt up about seven feet, each one sprouting just under the bone of one of her wings, which had been readied for battle, as opposed to his own tightly-tucked set. She had been prioritizing mobility, but had made herself a much larger target, while he had, at the expense of costing himself a fraction of a second if he needed to dodge, given himself a better chance to defend his vitals.

"Careful, you don't know the extent of my abilities yet. You should be approaching with caution, rather than immedietely preparing to go on the offensive," even as he said what almost sounded like advice, he reached back and appeared to pull a throwing knife from the back of his belt. It may have appeared that way, and it was the most logical way for him to suddenly pull a knife out, but in reality he had formed the weapon out of thin air.

And, if she took to the sky, he already had the weapon back, enough strength in his wrist to catch her in mid-jump without pulling his body back and sacrificing his balance.

Come on now, give me something here.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:55 am

“HEY!” Hamiri saw the flames burst behind her, and she moved out of the way, shocked. The fires had come dangerously close to searing her wings and hair, which would have been disastrous. She unfolded her wings as soon as she had reached a safe distance away, and she glared at Azazel. She saw the way he gripped his sword, and she made plans in her head to disarm him. If she could cause him to lose his sword, then she could end the fight without causing too much injury. She saw that he had a throwing knife, however, so she had to be careful trying to reach him.

After thinking for a few moments, she shot into the air, making sure to get out of Azazel’s firing range as she did so. Now would be a good time to use both her swordsmanship and her developing Magic. If she could not disarm him with her sword, she figured she could also blindside him with her Magic. Either way, she knew how to incapacitate him without knocking him into a coma. She would just wound him to the point in which he could not chase her down.

“Well? C’mon! You’re so eager to show how tough you are! Try and hit me!” she called, making sure his attention was fully on her and not on Kimiko, who was still hiding. She held her sword aloft, waiting for him to throw the knife or to try and burn her again.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Azazel

He couldn’t say this was going poorly at this point. He was on the offensive, and
As tempting as it was to summon a hail of arrows above her, one wide enough that evading them would be nigh on impossible, he knew that not only could it end up killing her, but there was the issue of her having some sort of way to stop his attack, which would only leave him exposing his powers of creation.

“Oh, that won’t be an issue,” he called back, considering throwing his sword to catch her off guard, but with the distance between them, it was too impractical. Could he hit her if she stayed in relatively the same location? Sure. But she would move, and, as such, it wasn’t an idea he was very fond of.

“You’re too far away to be a threat. That was a mistake. You’re best bet would have even to take me on with multiple attackers. Instead, you’re defending yourself, not your partner.”

Without a moment’s hesitation, Azazel’s gaze flicked towards Kimiko, and, a heartbeat after he had finished speaking, the knife was on its way.

It was too fast to dodge, his throwing motion almost invisible, hurtling through the air faster than any man could keep track of, but he wasn't here to kill. Or maim, for that matter. The edge of his blade passed by the goddess's throat, missing her flesh by just a millimeter, leaving the wind passing by as the only sign that it was ever there before it embedded itself in a tree.

The demon shook his head, expression falling to a scowl as he kept his eyes on his target's. "Kimiko, was it? I could have killed you without a second thought if I decided to place that throw a few inches to my right. I didn't, and I won't, but I want you to take that knowledge and make a decision here. Either you can fight with her," he gestured with a now free hand towards Hamiri, "as she takes to the sky and leaves you totally unprotected, or you can give me an envelope, and I'll leave you unscathed."

He waited, hoping that she was the timid and cautious to the other's aggressive nature, eyes locked on Kimiko, even if he didn't perceive her as much of a threat, waiting for Hamiri to make a move.
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Lucifer

Otohime

She hesitated for just a moment. She had liked the idea of not revealing her powers if she didn't have to, but, at this point, it would have been rude to conceal her own abilities after Lucifer, who's name she felt was familiar in some sense, had so willingly disclosed his own.

And so, without allowing any of her trepidation to show outwardly, she nodded, a polite smile, on her lips, "I can control water, that's about the extent of my unique abilities," she left out the part about her true form being that of a dragon, that was something she didn't plan to reveal, as much out of insecurity as it was for a trump card, "But I can't say that I've had many opportunities to use it in combat." She paused, looking up to her teammate, thinking that battle had normally been her father's expertise, "That was my primary reason for joining you. I don't have much of an idea about how I would fare in a fight."

That, too, was only a half-truth, even if she gave no indication of it, her decades, no, centuries, of growing used to concealing her emotions in a formal setting serving her well. While she hadn't fought often, she had experimented with her powers, obviously, and sometimes violence was the last option on the table. When it was, her fury was not something to be taken lightly, not with the power of the oceans at her back.

Lucifer

"Alright then. Let's keep close to the water bodies then. I can generate fire. Let's start the search for the damned envelope then, before we need to deal with the unpleasant competition of students to tire ourselves more, shall we?"

Keeping up with her along the coast, the Fallen Angel tried to look for any sign of the hidden object, or even an enemy that could be guarding it. However, everything seemed absolutely normal, which possibly was a plan devised by the professors. Hiding something so small in plain sight was definitely a wise decision.

"Hey, you said you control water. Check the shoreline to see if they buried anything or hid them under the water."
Nothing to see here, move along.

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Ranoria wrote:Azazel

He couldn’t say this was going poorly at this point. He was on the offensive, and
As tempting as it was to summon a hail of arrows above her, one wide enough that evading them would be nigh on impossible, he knew that not only could it end up killing her, but there was the issue of her having some sort of way to stop his attack, which would only leave him exposing his powers of creation.

“Oh, that won’t be an issue,” he called back, considering throwing his sword to catch her off guard, but with the distance between them, it was too impractical. Could he hit her if she stayed in relatively the same location? Sure. But she would move, and, as such, it wasn’t an idea he was very fond of.

“You’re too far away to be a threat. That was a mistake. You’re best bet would have even to take me on with multiple attackers. Instead, you’re defending yourself, not your partner.”

Without a moment’s hesitation, Azazel’s gaze flicked towards Kimiko, and, a heartbeat after he had finished speaking, the knife was on its way.

It was too fast to dodge, his throwing motion almost invisible, hurtling through the air faster than any man could keep track of, but he wasn't here to kill. Or maim, for that matter. The edge of his blade passed by the goddess's throat, missing her flesh by just a millimeter, leaving the wind passing by as the only sign that it was ever there before it embedded itself in a tree.

The demon shook his head, expression falling to a scowl as he kept his eyes on his target's. "Kimiko, was it? I could have killed you without a second thought if I decided to place that throw a few inches to my right. I didn't, and I won't, but I want you to take that knowledge and make a decision here. Either you can fight with her," he gestured with a now free hand towards Hamiri, "as she takes to the sky and leaves you totally unprotected, or you can give me an envelope, and I'll leave you unscathed."

He waited, hoping that she was the timid and cautious to the other's aggressive nature, eyes locked on Kimiko, even if he didn't perceive her as much of a threat, waiting for Hamiri to make a move.

Kimiko

As the knife flew passed her throat he eyes widened and he stance shifted, "You're rather confident aren't you? You know very little about your opponents but they could know a lot about you, Azazel." She lowered her he sword so the blade faced the ground. Her body quickly engulfed in her spirit fire. Her form began to fade and her voice shifted about the forest, "Your first mistake, was missing the knife." She was using her power to mask her energy completely making her seem invisible.

She became visible once again when she was up in the tall tree slightly lower than Hamiri. "I am a being made of pure spirit energy," she raised her sword into the air, "and the forest. Is my domain."

Nyarlathotep

"You don't have to be so demanding," she raise her right arm up into the air, the wind began to whirl around her. "I will be taking your envelope with me. You cannot stop me," she taunted her opponents as several green tentacles wriggled from the ground and grabbed them by the legs slowly making their way up and around Patriah and Razorclaw's torsos. The tentacles were made of muscle so it would be very hard to wrestle you way out of their grip even for Razorclaw.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Hamiri

Hamiri had expected for Azazel to attack her head-on, but instead he decided to attack Kimiko, who was hiding with two envelopes in her possession. This action made her angrier, as she knew he was trying to lure her into either feeling guilty or giving away an envelope. She wanted to fly a little lower, in order to catch him off-guard, but she waited to see what Kimiko would do first to retaliate. Fortunately for both girls, Kimiko was not a cute, plush pushover. She was a goddess, and one whose specialty was the forest and the life energy within the forest.

A confident grin stretched across the swordswoman's face as Kimiko faded from view and reappeared in a tree-branch next to her. She knew now she had definitely picked a great teammate. Despite her unassuming appearance, Kimiko was just as fearless as Hamiri, if not more so. And with Azazel's throwing knife far away, she knew now she had a chance to take the upper-hand. She began to use her own Magic, and while Night was not upon the class, she was able to change the atmosphere of the fight anyway. A dome of darkness, filled with stars, rose and surrounded Azazel as he stood far below them. If he did not get free fast enough, he would fall asleep inside the dome, and the two girls would be able to escape unharmed.

If time would only pass a little more quickly... she thought, looking toward the courtyard.

Hyperion was keeping track still, and he had seen Azazel's near-impaling of Kimiko. "Uh, uh, that was nasty."

"Hm?" Michael inquired.

"I think you should head into the forest and watch those three. Azazel might try to kill them. If you gotta stop him, bring him back here and I'll keep an eye on him. Then head to the beach, it looks like Patriah, Razorclaw, and Nyarlathotep are going to get messy," he explained.

The Archangel did not waste any time after Hyperion gave the suggestions, and he flew away into the woods to watch from afar the fight between the three students. In the meantime, Hyperion kept his eye on the fight on the beach.

Patriah

Fighting in his underwear was not ideal...but Patriah had faced far worse. As a positive, less clothes meant he had less restrictions when fighting a being he would need to beat with strength and speed, though he wished he was not so soaked from the water. Knowing he had no time to complain, he drew his Dragonwing Blade. "EAT A SANDSTORM YOU CREEP!" he screamed. As soon as the tentacles came the way of the two male students, he crouched low as he swung the blade in a single swift, heavy arch.

As he had predicted would happen, he essentially summoned a sandstorm. The tornado-like blast of wind would have displaced almost anything in its path, and Nyarlu would have found herself being buffeted by a sandstorm. Lucifer and Otohime would also have to get out of the way, and any envelopes in the path of the storm would certainly be displaced. At best, Nyarlu would be incapacitated by the tremendous amounts of sand in her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and on her skin, and would be unable to fight. At worst, the envelopes would be unable to be found among the dunes of displaced sand, shells, and rocks. Yet he and Razorclaw would also have time to retaliate if she did try to fight through the sandstorm. "Razorclaw! Get ready to slash her if she comes through the storm! And then try to pin her and get an envelope!" he ordered, emboldened by the success of his attack.
-Alan Jackson

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:Hamiri

Hamiri had expected for Azazel to attack her head-on, but instead he decided to attack Kimiko, who was hiding with two envelopes in her possession. This action made her angrier, as she knew he was trying to lure her into either feeling guilty or giving away an envelope. She wanted to fly a little lower, in order to catch him off-guard, but she waited to see what Kimiko would do first to retaliate. Fortunately for both girls, Kimiko was not a cute, plush pushover. She was a goddess, and one whose specialty was the forest and the life energy within the forest.

A confident grin stretched across the swordswoman's face as Kimiko faded from view and reappeared in a tree-branch next to her. She knew now she had definitely picked a great teammate. Despite her unassuming appearance, Kimiko was just as fearless as Hamiri, if not more so. And with Azazel's throwing knife far away, she knew now she had a chance to take the upper-hand. She began to use her own Magic, and while Night was not upon the class, she was able to change the atmosphere of the fight anyway. A dome of darkness, filled with stars, rose and surrounded Azazel as he stood far below them. If he did not get free fast enough, he would fall asleep inside the dome, and the two girls would be able to escape unharmed.

If time would only pass a little more quickly... she thought, looking toward the courtyard.

Hyperion was keeping track still, and he had seen Azazel's near-impaling of Kimiko. "Uh, uh, that was nasty."

"Hm?" Michael inquired.

"I think you should head into the forest and watch those three. Azazel might try to kill them. If you gotta stop him, bring him back here and I'll keep an eye on him. Then head to the beach, it looks like Patriah, Razorclaw, and Nyarlathotep are going to get messy," he explained.

The Archangel did not waste any time after Hyperion gave the suggestions, and he flew away into the woods to watch from afar the fight between the three students. In the meantime, Hyperion kept his eye on the fight on the beach.

Patriah

Fighting in his underwear was not ideal...but Patriah had faced far worse. As a positive, less clothes meant he had less restrictions when fighting a being he would need to beat with strength and speed, though he wished he was not so soaked from the water. Knowing he had no time to complain, he drew his Dragonwing Blade. "EAT A SANDSTORM YOU CREEP!" he screamed. As soon as the tentacles came the way of the two male students, he crouched low as he swung the blade in a single swift, heavy arch.

As he had predicted would happen, he essentially summoned a sandstorm. The tornado-like blast of wind would have displaced almost anything in its path, and Nyarlu would have found herself being buffeted by a sandstorm. Lucifer and Otohime would also have to get out of the way, and any envelopes in the path of the storm would certainly be displaced. At best, Nyarlu would be incapacitated by the tremendous amounts of sand in her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and on her skin, and would be unable to fight. At worst, the envelopes would be unable to be found among the dunes of displaced sand, shells, and rocks. Yet he and Razorclaw would also have time to retaliate if she did try to fight through the sandstorm. "Razorclaw! Get ready to slash her if she comes through the storm! And then try to pin her and get an envelope!" he ordered, emboldened by the success of his attack.

Nyarlathotep

As the storm enveloped Nyaru the last thing Patriah saw was a crooked grin. When the storm completely covered her she began to shapeshift, her body began show through the storm. It was the same form as before but this time she was only twice as big as Razorclaw. Nyaru walked through the the storm slowly her tendrils lashing about and reaching out towards the ground. Sand began to slowly fall from the large hole in the tendril where the head would be located. She walked up to Razorclaw and Patriah, leaning in a small bit she spoke, "I'll give you one more chance to leave me to my devices."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse