NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships 30- Everything (Final Posted)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 am

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

Guys, can I say something right now that I have just realized? Don't get all blown back and everything by what I'm about to say, all right? I mean, feel free to be surprised, sure, but I don't know about reacting any more than that. All right, is everybody sitting down? Everyone? Okay, good. Here goes nothing. We may not be doing so poorly in lacrosse after all.

All right, guys, just hear me out for one moment, will you? I know that I have already sung laments about the death of Fleftic lacrosse in earlier editions of my little corner of the Internet, but I can't always be right, right? Even if I am a girl and am always right, I sometimes am not actually right. Right? But back to the topic at hand. I have said that we have left behind the Golden Age of Fleftic Lacrosse™, remember? But in doing so we have not changed much, only that we finally now allow men into our lacrosse team. Well, our friends, rivals, and partners in rising through the lacrosse ranks Banija have just completely demolished their own lacrosse structure in an attempt to rebuild from the ground up.

Say what? Banija, tear down their entire lacrosse program? Now that's a bit drastic, isn't it? I don't recall myself ever having called for the restructuring of the whole of Lacrosse Abanhfleft even despite the slow and steady decline of the team from the dizzying heights of World Lacrosse Championships 25. And Lacrosse Abanhfleft themselves have admitted that we as a national team are in the decline and that we are definitely undertaking a rebuilding project for at least the next decade. But we have most definitely not taken the drastic steps that Banija did.

What are those drastic steps that Banija took in order to restructure their lacrosse, you may ask? Well, for one thing, every player and staff member who was on the Banijan team during WLC 28 and WLC 29 have not been called up to the team anymore. They weren't outright rejected or even ejected, but their names are no longer being spoken of in the halls of Banijan lacrosse. It's as if they no longer existed. All right, maybe I'm exaggerating about the "not mentioning their names" part, but the rest of it is true. Banija pride themselves in being an international lacrosse power, and I have to say that they have the pedigree to back up those claims. But when you've hosted the biggest lacrosse competition in the multiverse twice (twice!) and can only muster a Round of 16 exit as your best performance on home soil with arguably one of the best teams on paper, what else is there left to do? Apparently for Banija, it's "Get rid of everything and start fresh".

In a way, it's ironic. (Wait a minute, is "ironic" the right word to use in this situation? Damn you, Alanis Morrisette, for forever ruining the word "ironic" for me!) We, Abanhfleft are supposed to be the ones in decline and embarking on a rebuilding program while Banija goes on the ascendancy and takes advantage of the power vacuum and fills in the void left behind by the Fearsome Threesome. And yet the Fleftic machine continues to hum quietly along, the transition in the process of gelling together while Banija have thrown everything out with the trash and hope that what they have thrown together for the 30th edition of the WLC will be enough to keep them high up in the rankings while they start their own rebuilding process.

Say goodbye to the likes of Kizza Kenyatta, Marques Jacobson, and Marko Babic Jr. We are most probably not going to see them again. Say hello to the likes of Yoro Touray, Momodou Ndiaye, and Kekuta Sanneh, for they are the new faces of Banijan lacrosse. And strangely enough, it all seems so fitting. Abanhfleft and Banija have always been the great lacrosse rivals of recent years. It may not be as big as it used to be, but all this makes me feel as if our two countries' lacrosse programs are as intertwined as the lives of Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort. But thankfully there's no need for any killing or this "neither can live while the other survives" nonsense; all that's happened is a big renewal for both teams. The only difference between them is the manner in which they were renewed. Abanhfleft did it slowly, carefully, and with a plan; while Banija did it quickly, suddenly, and with a hope that they can keep themselves afloat until they come up with a plan of their own.

But no matter your feelings (or mine) about Banija, this is something that actually makes me happy. Rivals aren't supposed to be there only to be beaten; they are also there to help us improve, and we also help them to improve too. Abanhfleft vs Banija Part One has come to an end; long live Abanhfleft vs Banija Part Two. Hope you're ready for this newer, wilder ride.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:54 am

Time For Vangaziland,
by Rachel Nelson, Concord Heights Times

We have reached that point in the schedule. The Royals of Vangaziland will be making their way to Brattleboro in the first of the games played at Brattleboro Stadium. CALAX announced that the home schedule would be divided between different cities, and with the Concord Heights portion complete, this is big way for the southeastern technical city to get started with hosting the tournament. Tickets are sold out. That was known within 4 hours of them going on sale in the first place. Vannish fans were not left out in the cold, though, as stadium personnel did set aside 20% of available tickets to be distributed by Vannish sources for their own fans. That is customary, and we are not sure how many of them were purchased by their fans. Probably all, even though this conflicts with a pretty important NSSCRA race being held in South Stead this evening as well. The front row of that race will feature Kev Schorebrook and Stacie Houston. The front row of this match features teams that have competed in nine games combined, and not lost any of them.

A 5-0 vs a 4-0 showdown in the group stage is always entertaining, but are we really as close to the Royals as the records seem? That is what we are about to find out, and I interviewed coach Michelle Carter about the upcoming showdown.

After exchanging opening pleasantries, I began with asking for the coach about her first impression of the upcoming matchup. Her response:

“It’s an exciting game, for sure. I doubt many teams say they are excited about playing the Royals, but we are. You have brought it up before about this game being a pretty important measuring stick for us. We’ve beaten the teams that we have played so far, but the win over Banija may have changed everything in regards to our expectation level. We know we have a great lacrosse program here in Cassadaigua, and we know that we can be successful. Beating the first couple teams, the unranked side, Xabia, and then the not well ranked teams like Northwest Kalactin. You have to remember there is a big difference between being ranked #17 in this and being ranked #17 in the World Cup or even the World Baseball Classic. So, we were never intimidated by Kalactin, or Velestria. Beating Banija, though, that moved the yardsticks. Our goals are even higher now.”

After that reply, I had to ask her if she felt the team could beat Vangaziland, and win this group.

“Well, you pin me up against the wall with that question. Naturally, I feel like we can beat them. If we didn’t feel that we could beat them, why are we even here? The question is more, how do we beat them by executing our strengths against their strengths? We had a bye day, and that was spent trying to put together a system that we feel can beat the Vannish.”

Without asking for specifics, obviously, I asked her what that system might entail,

“We’re not going to do anything that plays against our strengths. Sometimes I see coaches play an opponent like the Royals, and they get so bent out of shape trying to find what may be the chink in their armor, that they put a plan together that might attack that vulnerable spot, but that plan might not be what is best for your team, and hence you get beat by being too cute. We’re going to play our game, not do anything that beats ourselves. We have enough to worry about.”

The Royals are coming off a bit of a come from behind win over Banija, similar to our own come from behind win over Banija; plus a win over Velestria where they didn't score as much as we'd expect.. You have to like that you were resting while this happened?

“I think those two results show that Banija is much more of a force in this group then it might look in the standings. Right now, it looks like a two team group, but the Banijan problem in each of their loss was that they were poor in closing out the game. Therefore, when you have a common theme like that in two losses, you know what you need to do to get better. They will get better, for sure. It helps that we had the bye day plus don’t need to travel. But, that advantage goes out the window on the first faceoff.”

What is the key matchup to watch in this upcoming game?

“Jessica Crockett against their defense. She’s been a dynamo for us, especially in clutch situations. The Royals are an attack minded team, so I think their defense gets overlooked, because they are pretty good too. We have to win faceoffs, and have good time of possession, but the critical matchup is Crockett. She is the clutch player on our team, especially with our comeback win over Banija.”

After that, we exchanged our goodbyes.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 am

This conversation is not public knowledge.

Tara Snyderman: Courtney, are you ok?

Courtney Barnett: Yeah, I’m fine. All chipper like a goalie who just allowed twenty goals.

Chelsea Moore: Well, I think we all failed you, really. Don’t take it personally.

Courtney Barnett: I’ll be ok. Never allowed that many in a game though, it stings.

Tara Snyderman: You are a great goalie, and you will get through it.

Chelsea Moore: We just need to come together, and realize where we went wrong after the bye. Things were going so good. Now look at us.

Kenzie Oliver: Maybe we weren’t focused as well. I know I spent a lot of time on the internet searching for images of Liz Marsden and Isabelle Hagelin. I should have been scouting the Stars better. I mean they used to be really, really, really good.

Courtney Barnett: Yeah, I might be a little guilty of that too. Hopefully we have an easy opponent in our next game. Who is it?

Tara Snyderman: Alpine Union. Got my bags packed for the trip aleady.

Chelsea Moore: They are good at, football, right?

Kenzie Oliver: Yeah, I think that is their speciality, football or gridiron. But they have not been as strong in that lately.

Courtney Barnett: I’m pissed, Alpine Union is not gonna make me look bad.

Tara Snyderman: Pretty important game actually if we want to make it to Cassadaigua, if we can beat them and maintain our tiebreaker on St Saratoga. They don’t score a lot, Courtney.

Courtney Barnett: Good!

Kenzie Oliver: They play box lacrosse more. Would you want to play that?

Chelsea Moore: I do sometimes, I like all versions of it.

Courtney Barnett: Yeah, much different game. Haven’t really tried it. I think it might help knowing the other team has a shot clock.

Tara Snyderman: Yeah, unique brand of the sport. I hear they like to shoot quickly in this because they are used to that at home. Courtney, maybe that will be good for you if they rush shots.

Courtney Barnett: Should be, if they are not scoring much, I imagine that are not transitioning well to this style of the game.

Kenzie Oliver: I’ve never played it.

Chelsea Moore: It’s fun, but I like this way better.
*\o/* Cheerleading obsessed puppet of Cassadaigua *\o/*

(No IC connection between the two)

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:54 am

LAX Report
McLaughlin Benched In Close Match

"Today's match shows that anything can happen", said Coach Larry Hootsen. "Velestria almost took a crucial win from us. All it takes is one outlier, mixed with a loss to Cassadaigua or Banija. If we want to rank number one, we have to show we deserve it with a dominant season."

Coach Hootsen has his team on a "number one now" mentality. The team is ranked 2nd in the world, considered fairly close to top ranked Cosumar. Hootsen has told his team to push for the first seed, as well as for another title.

"We didn't rank number one, but we need to show we're the best." Hootsen's talk follows rhetoric from several hungry teams looking for WLC 30 success. Velestria is ranked 15th in the world, between Banija at #10 and Northwest Kalactin at #17. The Royals disposed of the two latter teams with relative ease.

McLaughlin came out looking tired once again. He had put on quite an effort n the season's first games. This seemed to have taken a toll. He managed two goals, before being pulled at halftime. "I talked to Coach about getting a rest", the 5'6, 200 lbs McLaughlin said after the game. "We both agreed that the team could use time without me controlling the offense."

The score was 6-3 in favor of Vangaziland at halftime. This was a close game by all measures. Resting Scott was a major risk. Theo Scandrix had a quiet shooting night with only one goal. He faced tough coverage and only managed 2 assists. Borhanson joined the stars' quiet night with 2 goals. She had a tough fight at center attack, especially without McLaughlin drawing attention.

Taye James pulled two goals from speed alone. When defenders brought a clearance to him, the entire team knew he was about to sprint. On two separate occasions, this caught James taking one or two defenders on for a shot. He mastered the cross face cradle. He could quickly switch hands to shoot balanced on either side. His speed made him a serious threat when heading face on into a defense.

James had a shot that could be predictable at times. This kept him from scoring tallies similar to those seen from Scandrix, Borhanson and McLaughlin. He was still a threat which had to be countered. It was only a matter of time until he found a mismatch and had enough luck behind his shots to pull a big game. Taye's two goals were crucial to a close game with the biggest scorer resting.

The team's other two goals came from Stella Dahl and Samuel Perry. Dahl has a stealthy unassuming quality about her. She seems mousey until she charges head on at a defender, hopping power into a shot while taking the hit. She's usually good for a surprise goal or two off the bench.

Perry picked up his most minutes of the tournament subbing in a complete half for McLaughlin. He faced tough defense and was held to one goal. It was apparent that even Scott himself would have had trouble against this defensive unit.

Coach Hootsen spoke on the benching. "The truth is that I want Scott's legs fresh against certain opponents in the near future." Without saying names, the coach mentioned he decided to save Scott for the upcoming match against Cassadaigua. The Dagans seem to be one of the teams most likely to upset the Royals in the group stage.

Soon after the win against Velestria, the Royals were seen watching game footage of Cassadaigua's recent game. The Dagans had recent defeated Velestria 14-7. Some may have seen the fact that they outscored the Royals against the same opponent distrubing.

"This was sort of a down game", Borhanson admitted after the match. "We'll tune up against Cassadaigua", said the attackwoman with long, curly red hair. Lizzie was just as tough at taking hits as the portly Scott. She was faster too. Scott may have had more technique, once he got the ball in his cradle.

As with many other nations, this was a new age in Vannish lacrosse. They were forged under the experience of former champions. Players that were once nervous rookies now lead the team, Scandrix at midfield.

"It's a long season", said McLaughlin. "There is room for a lot of good teams to beat us. We can't get cocky. We have to show up, chase ground balls and keep our shots on the ground."

The match came and went without any dramatic trick plays. Some fans accoustomed to previous Vannish hijinks may have even found the match boring. "It looked like some secondary school game", said bearded 42 year-old truck driver Hans Stervolt. "Put Scott back in."

Scott was asked how he felt about WLC rivalries. "It's weird that our biggest rival is Wrexwic... for now", said the rotund attackman. "I bet there are a lot of teams just aching to meet our ire. Let's hope we can close out this season and not develop any new rivalry." He laughed. "Let others think of us as rivals. That's the way to go."

Scott was seen drinking REDUP sports hydration drink while joking on the sideline. He stood near the midfield line and occasionally exchanged words with the other team. They may have rightfully told him to 'shut up and sit on the bench'. McLaughlin was later seen eating sunflower seeds with his helmet off.

"Cassadaigua has a talented offense", said McLaughlin. "We need to be at the top of our game."

Borhanson was asked why she didn't need a rest before Cassadaigua. She laughed while waving her long hair from her face. "Some of us need more rest than others. That doesn't mean we all won't be ready to go. I'm sure I'll get my break sometime before the postseason."

Lars Swenson was asked how defense is preparing for the match against Cassadaigua. "We have some potential mismatches coming in this game", said the 6'6 defender. "Jessica Crockett is going to cause problems. We'll have to see how we can shift to help each other out."

Strom met Velestria with a strong performance, limiting them to 5 goals. "I feel totally warmed up", Strom said about the season. "I'm ready for the second leg and the postseason. Cassadaigua is going to bring some talent now though. We're looking forward to seeing how their effort matches up against ours."

"If Cassadaigua beats us, the key to success against Vangaziland in the postseason is revealed", said Coach Hootsen. "That would be hard work. We know several teams are set to run hard. Now we need to see how our skill and effort meets up with a nation on a hard fought streak."

Vangaziland's offensive keys are fairly obvious at this point. Can the opposing midfielders keep up with Taye James and his fast feet? Can the defense contain Scott behind the net and Lizzie up top? Will Scandrix be able to move the ball? If a team can disrupt several of these instances, their chances for success will improve tenfold.

The issue is that the Royals fight with a crushing motivation. They look to not just win, but entertain. They are gladiators in a physical sport known for hard hits and fast shots. They come from a nation where lacrosse is seen as just as major a sport as any. Only basketball has slightly more sway.

The Royals hope more postseason success can bring lacrosse more into the spotlight than any other sport. The rivalry between the Royals and Wasps sure seems to be helping interest in lacrosse rise domestically. Several new large and modern stadiums are currently being built for pro teams. This may be one of the last seasons played on college fields in Vangaziland. The goal is to build interest in collegiate lacrosse domestically. The national team wants to draw talented lacrosse players into the sport and away from other teams.

Players like Hectare Yulssen of the IBC and Dan Bundison of the World Bowl might have been the next great lacrosse players. Instead they went into other sports. Some say even Kev Schorebrook can shoot a lacrosse ball. The team hopes their current crew is good enough to return to the Championship. They seem to feel as if no team can stand in their way.

Tickets allocated to Vannish fans sold out quickly during a time where Imperial tourism in Cassadaigua was at an all time high. People would come from as far as the Esportivan Colony to tour Rushmore. Other fans would make their way to the field and hope to get tickets from domestic sources.

"I'll be glad to help christen Brattleboro into their role in season 30", said the freckled Lizzie Borhanson through a grin. "It seems like an awesome place, honestly."
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wrexwic
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrexwic » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Wasp Watch
Analysts Panic After Alpine Union Loss

#4 Wrexwic squared off against #19 Alpine Union during Match Day 4. The Wasps seemed confident going into this game as the undefeated top of Group 1. Alpine Union would show they were a team that should never be counted out. Wrexwic's offense struggled to get active all day.

The Wasps would score a goal, only for defense to give up one or two. This eventually had a disheartening effect on Wrexwic's offense. Alpine Union seemed to have a containment strategy in place. Glover Webb scored his hat trick. Wayan Tyrill scored another two goals off speed and pace. Most other scoring was kept to a minimum.

The Wasps were forced to make pass after pass. They couldn't find enough room for a good shot. Deon McKnight was terribly off target. Most of his shots sailed wide to miss the net completely. Some of his other shots were scooped up by the Alpine keeper. "On days like this, it's best to keep shooting", McKnight said after the game. "I had to try to get them past. My shot never connected. I won't let that get in my head though."

Jacobsson, Lindblom and Craddock added single goals from midfield. Glenn Agle added a late goal from the attack position. The combined effort felt short in a game where defense was beat more often than not. Jameson and Lawrence didn't communicate well on defense. The team didn't slide well to support each other. Wrexish midfielders also slacked on the defensive end. They tried to constantly push for fast breaks that failed to convert to points.

"The Wasp loss exposes a glaring weakness in their armor. All it takes to beat Wrexwic is the slightest effort", said sports talk personality Chip Maydress. "They wil need to step things up if they hope to make it back to the Last Four."

Deon McKnight spoke on the criticism. "It's not our job to listen to talking heads", said the attackman. "All we worry about is playing lacrosse. We'll look at ways of making our offense more efficient. There are some basic aspects of the game we'll also need to focus more on. But we know how to improve."

Wrexwic will soon face a tough side in #6 St. Saratoga. The nation is only two spots below Wrexwic in rankings. "We're looking forward to the battle", said defenseman Kenton Pipps. "The entire squad will have to step up for such a close faceoff."
Last edited by Wrexwic on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rough Neighborhood & Scrappy Colony of the Vannish Empire

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:31 pm

This is continued from my previous RP

There were two candidates for the position of head of Lacrosse Banija- Isaiah Hedebo and Robert Lakiska. Two men who were well versed Lacrosse Banija, with experience- both stepping up, for the first time, to run the organization. The frustration with the national team and the sport in general in Banija was coming to a head. Ending up with 0 of 3 possible IDLO trophies was frustrating, but the national team was slowly and slowly becoming irrelevant on the international stage. The glory days had to be brought back.

Robert Lakiska had announced his own candidacy for head of Lacrosse Banija in a flashy blaze of glory. Robert Lakiska is presently the Athletic Director of the University of Moravica, a school that has one of the sport's powerhouse collegiate programs. He, surrounded by the Board of Regents for the University of Moravica, announced his own bid at a press conference on campus. "The sport within Banija needs many reforms." He said. "The fact that we've never won the WLCs, is an absolute shame. And the fact that, in the two WLCs that were on home soil, we did absolutely nothing, is even worse. One bad loss to Juvencus in the Round of 16 of WLC 28 is one thing- but then to follow that up by getting eliminated in the group stages? And allowing Abanhfleft, our historic rivals, to win that group on home soil?

We need to raise the bar. This is an on the field issue, but the cause of these problems are structural. We need to do a better job at developing talent across the board in this country. With the World Cup recently here, less and less kids, especially outside the Moravica region, are choosing to play lacrosse. When this team was peaking and competing, WLC 21 and 22, and 23, plenty of kids were playing the sport. But now, participation is as low as it ever was- everyone's playing soccer. Not a bad thing, of course, but without that development, without the competition for our youth players, we will continue to fall away from playing at the high Banijan standard of an international lacrosse powerhouse."

"What is the fix here, you say? WE need to start from the bottom. We need to work to get kids playing lacrosse. Invest in the sport from the ground up- we spent millions hosting this tournament twice in a row, and still less and less kids are playing. Overshadowed by the World Cup. Now, of course, we have some cash- there were some profits. We need to work to get lacrosse sticks into our primary schools, and into our secondary schools. Improve awareness of the sport. Once we do that, we will build the sport for long-term success in this great nation. That is my agenda, and that is why I am announcing my own candidacy for Executive Chairman of Lacrosse Banija."

The other candidate who had announced, was Isaiah Hedebo. Hedebo was the Team President of the Istria Thunder- took care of the business side of things. He was at the helm of Banija's most popular BLL side, of course, and a very profitable one at that. He announced his own candidacy attending the Moravica High School regional championships. "I am putting my own name into the mix for Executive Chairman of Lacrosse Banija." He told reporters as he entered the game. "We need to make sure that lacrosse in this country represents us well. Currently, it does not."

"The problem is not structural- we have a good structure. Our league is as competitive as ever. We continue to churn out high numbers of world class professional lacrosse players. But why do we have failure? There needs to be some serious soul searching. Obviously, we need a new coach. But don't tear down everything that we've done. We have a solid foundation. We have a great history because of smart decisions that we have made in the past, because of our people, because of our structure. We must tweak at what's wrong, rather than take a wrecking ball to the whole thing."

Hedebo, of course, is seen as the insider- years spent in the sport, the head of a BLL side. And he has a lot of support from BLL owners, who comprise 30% of the vote. And yet, it is Lakiska who is seen as the early favorite. The saavy outsider, the college athletic director, who has his own connections from the Olympic Committee of Banija- who plays a large role in this election, as they do for all Banijan sporting bodies. We'll see, of course, what happens, as the election for who will run Lacrosse Banija approaches.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Group 1
Sarzonia 14–8 Clonka Magnus
Alpine Union 6–7 Cheergirls
Wrexwic 11–9 St Saratoga

Group 1 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Wrexwic 5 4 1 63 34 +29 12
2 Sarzonia 5 4 1 71 47 +24 12
3 St Saratoga 6 3 3 66 64 +2 9
4 Cheergirls 5 3 2 47 54 −7 9
5 Alpine Union 5 2 3 46 48 −2 6
6 United Celtic Peoples 5 2 3 48 57 −9 6
7 Clonka Magnus 5 0 5 34 71 −37 0

Group 2
Qingland 12–20 West Phoenicia
The Kytler Peninsulae 17–7 Lochario
New West Guiana 10–7 Cosumar

Group 2 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 6 5 1 91 51 +40 15
2 New West Guiana 5 5 0 67 34 +33 15
3 West Phoenicia 5 3 2 57 57 0 9
4 Lochario 5 2 3 49 56 −7 6
5 The Kytler Peninsulae 5 2 3 46 65 −19 6
6 Seraxinbourgh 5 1 4 43 64 −21 3
7 Qingland 5 0 5 48 74 −26 0

Group 3
Banija 9–5 Xabia
Velestria 14–8 Monsa
Cassadaigua 10–14 Vangaziland

Group 3 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vangaziland 6 6 0 95 46 +49 18
2 Cassadaigua 5 4 1 57 44 +13 12
3 Banija 5 3 2 66 49 +17 9
4 Velestria 5 2 3 47 54 −7 6
5 Northwest Kalactin 5 2 3 43 60 −17 6
6 Xabia 5 1 4 36 58 −22 3
7 Monsa 5 0 5 37 70 −33 0

Group 4
Iquikukut 11–16 Libonesia
Abanhfleft 16–9 Juvencus
Qasden 13–9 Baker Park

Group 4 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Abanhfleft 5 4 1 65 35 +30 12
2 Qasden 5 4 1 66 40 +26 12
3 Baker Park 6 4 2 67 52 +15 12
4 Libonesia 5 3 2 54 47 +7 9
5 Juvencus 5 3 2 51 51 0 9
6 Iquikukut 5 0 5 35 73 −38 0
7 Bjornoya Republic 5 0 5 24 64 −40 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am

LAX Report
Brattleboro Opener Ends In Stunner

The first match between Vangaziland and Cassadaigua turned out to be one of player matchups. It was a game that remained close until the end. Both teams came out tied with a quarter of the clock remaining. Everything would be decided by those last few minutes. A hard fought battle of efficient offense brought both teams here.

One change to the defensive lineup was the substitution of Wilhelmina Stenbeck in for Gary reef. The 6'4 female enforcer was brought in to stick in player coverage to Alyssa Mosley. Reports showed Mosley was quite the tough attackman. If things shoulld happen to get physical, Vangaziland would want Stenbeck right there. She was much more lean than 6'6 Lars Swenson and more aggressive.

Stenbeck played a clean game, seeming to respect Mosley's reputation. She tried her best to limit Mosley when she could. Vannish defense was full of holes, giving up their most nightly goals of the season. Part of this came from the tight man coverage Vangaziland played. They were less likely to switch to a medium zone, or even flex coverage. This meant more defenders chased faster players and opened themselves up to screens.

Scott McLaughlin tried his hardest to be guarded by Kayla Newton. Newton had a reputation for being a potential Dagan enforcer. McLaughlin took the role of bearing her brunt. Coach Hootsen knew Scott was good natured enough to not let aggressive coverage get to his head. There was something dissuading about his dark, beady eyes and cheerful smile. He could almost be disarming to defenders, except for the points he had been known to rack up. He was one 5'6, 200 lbs bowling ball that knew how to throw a strike.

Scott managed a hard fought hat trick. His last goal came in the final 5 minutes. It was one of the goals that helped Vangaziland secure the late game win. He bounced off a shoulder tackle, jumping off the impact and shooting after the impact. He had enough weight to take the impact and control his movement, even when fighting an opposite force. Scott specialized in using his body as a counterweight. Tony Tute used to play in a similar way. Tute was taller and more athletic. His style was closer to a basketball center. Scott was just reckless with the way he barged into defenders.

McLaughlin had 3 goals and an assist, but was not the focal point of the offense. Lizzie Borhanson stepped up for the best game of her international career. She scored 6 goals without any assists. Passes came to her throughout the game. She took her defender in seemingly every direction. She scored two goals in head on, face up shots against defenders. In a switch from normal procedure, Liz played 'at X', behind the goal. Scott played up top. This brought a new look the Dagans would not have seen on tape.

It brought just enough confusion to lead to goals, especially when Lizzie cut up on the side opposite of the one Scott normally did.

Midfield also brought a tough game. Theo Scandrix spent most of the game faced up opposite of Katie Stewart. "I just really respect her game", said a starry eyed Vannish captain after the game. Theo was held to 2 goals, but had 5 assists. He had the role of engine he so gleefully inherited from legend Jake Carrs.

Stella Dahl notched her first start, subbing in for Rico on the midfield wing. Both players are collegiate athletes, as is Wilhelmina Stenbeck. Dahl has had a greater impact, consistently scoring off the bench. She managed 2 goals and lead the midfield in ground balls. She took a big hit, which saw her spend several minutes on the bench. Dahl's second goal was the first which gave Vangaziland the lead over Cassadaigua in the late game. The distance from which it was shot may have taken some of the wind out of the Dagan's sails.

A lot of luck and a great bit of technique gave Stella the goal. Her team surrounded her, completely energized by the aggressive shot. Derrick Kensite and Stevie Williams added solo goals to the Royals' total.

The offense was almost outshined by an inefficient defense. Vangaziland allowed way too many shots on goal. Peter Strom struggled to make saves against a talented offense. He only managed 6 saves, which was a bad number after allowing 10 goals.

"This was the hardest match of the first leg for me", said an exhausted Strom after the match. The Royals played a mostly clean match. Battles for possession and ground balls were almost split down the middle. An unranked team had faced #2 in the world and stood tall.

"If we didn't switch a few things around on both sides of the field, we would not have won this one", said Coach Hootsen. "They'll adapt for the next game and we'll have to figure out some more new angles. I think the game exposed our defense's weakness. This tape should help us refine things."

McLaughlin spoke on being battered by Kayla Newton for a game. "It's totally wavy", he said while smirking. "I can see why that team is doing so well this season." The Royals will sit through a well earned BYE before picking things back up in the second leg of the group stage. The Royals are the first team to reach 18 points. Only New West Guiana remains undefeated at 5-0.

Several matchups around the league drew the attention of Royals fans. New West Guiana beat Cosumar 10-7. That was an exciting game that also went down to the wire. The Royals intend to show they are the number one team in the league, as opposed to the Dragons who hold that rank.

Wrexwic beat a closely ranked team in St. Saratoga. This was a battle between two top ten teams. Either team could end up facing the Royals in the post season. St. Saratoga could be set to be one of Vangaziland's earliest opponents, as could New West Guiana. Wrexwic managed a win only by late game play even more dramatic than Vangaziland's latest effort. The Wasps appeared to be a threat even at the highest levels.

"The post season will be hard fought", said Theo Scandrix. "We have to prepare and constantly push the tempo. The fundamentals are key to everything."Scandrix seems to have his head in the game. He has been known to push his team through grueling practice sessions, under guidance from Larry Hootsen. Some of the best athletic trainers in the Vannish Empire make sure the Royals are fit to play at the top levels of international lacrosse.

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:17 am

Welcome, Welcome to our podcast live with Bashir Al-Vish, who's sole sponsor today is the West Guiana Lacrosse Association. This will be a rather short podcast as Bashir is eager to get back to his team and continue their winning streak at the thirtieth World Lacrosse Championships.

Ed: Welcome back Bashir.

Bashir: Hey thanks for having me on again, I know it's rare to have one person one twice in the same calendar month.

Ed: *chuckles* Well I though this show could do with getting away from politics for a while.

Bashir: Can;t blame you, main reason why i've stayed away as I always wanted to be neutral.

Ed: Yes, yes indeed. So why don't we talk about the WLC? So what has surprised you or you're happy to see so far?

Bashir: Well I will say we've so far accomplished what I've asked from day one, which is win. We are almost half way through the group stage and we are one of two teams that are still undefeated and we just beat number one Cosumar, which was another one of our goals. I am surprised though at how well our defensive side has performed, I thought we hadn;t worked out all the problems yet. We will have to see how our opponents adjust in the second round if the group stage.

Ed: How far will you go?

Bashir: Like I tell my team all the time, one game at a time, we can't get to full of ourselves and start thinking of a world title, we still need to get through group stage. I will say like every coach or manager our goal is going for the gold, but I wont say for now, there is seven more games to be played that we need to focus on.

Ed: Well I can assure you that all of West Guiana is behind you and they feel that this edition is going to be a special one, but hey I know you need to go.

Bashir: Thank you and Lets go West Guiana!
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Fresh off a one-match suspension following his ejection during Sarzonia's 12-5 loss to Wrexwic, Carter Whitlock was in a foul mood prior to the team's away match against Cheergirls.

It was bad enough that his team was embarrassed during its loss, even though it was against a Wasps side that was among the current world lacrosse royalty. The comments from Wrexwic media angered the Sarzonian coach even more.

"Those arrogant assholes," he said out loud, startling his assistant coaches who were sitting in the conference room of the hotel the night before the match.

"Whits, now's not the time," assistant coach Bill Harbour said in a low voice, his eyebrows furrowed. "We've got 'em again at [Franz] Braddock [Stadium, Sarzonia's 35,000-seat home field]. That'll be a great time for us to play our game in front of our fans. Right now, we've got work to do against Cheergirls."

"You're right, of course," Whitlock said. "One match at a time."

Even an easy away victory over Cheergirls, to the tune of a 20-9 slaughter, would not be enough to provide cheer to the Sarzonian coach. Nor would a 14-8 victory over Clonka Magnus. Tyler Pawlenty may have done a masterful job against the sixth ranked team in the world to get Sarzonia over the hump there, but Whitlock would not be satisfied with that. Even if the Stars pulled off a win over United Celtic Peoples, that particular team hasn't shown itself to be much of a threat during the first half of qualifying. For that matter, neither did Clonka Magnus, which could only thank Margaret that Bjornoya Republic is in this tournament, as they are the only side to have scored fewer goals (24) than Clonka Magnus's 34-goal output. Meanwhile, only Vangaziland (95) and Cosumar (91) have scored more than Sarzonia's 71 goals. Vangaziland (6-0) and New West Guiana (5-0) are the only remaining unbeaten sides.

For the Stars (4-1), their next match may be against United Celtic Peoples, but the next match to draw attention will be the rematch against the Wasps. Not only is it a match between the two sides leading Group 1 with 4-1 records, it is also shaping up to be a rivalry match. Tickets for the match sold out moments after the first encounter went final, as Harbour went to shake hands with Jacob Daly.

Obviously, the seething comments from Whitlock hadn't happened yet. Obviously, the arrogant, boastful comments from Daly hadn't happened yet. One thing is certain, the next post game handshake may be fraught with much more tension.

Woodstock Police Chief Coretta Wright announced that Franz Braddock Stadium would have double the usual police presence, including on-field cops.

"We want to ensure the safety of all in attendance," she said. "Including, and especially, our guests from Wrexwic."

Wright wouldn't say if she received any tips indicating a possibility of violence at the stadium, but said, "we want to make sure we don't leave anything to chance."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:45 pm

A Glimpse of Playoff Lacrosse,

Fans at Brattleboro Stadium caught a quick glimpse of what could be expected when the best of the world assembles here for the playoffs. Cassadaigua, off to an unexpected 4-0 start went up against the #2-ranked Royals of Vangaziland, and their shiny 5-0 record. Brenda Nightengale, of Brattleboro was part of the sold out crowd, and the 46-year old high school chemistry teacher told me, “This is something I have waited a long time to see. I have always been a lacrosse fan, and we know how big the game is in our schools. Kids grow up and play it professionally, but the biggest tournament is something that until now was only a dream. I am excited to see how full this stadium is, and am excited to watch one of the best teams in the world, too.” Tara Brantley, a 35-year old flight attendant was glad to have this weekend off, “Happy to be here. We were so excited to have the chance to watch the playoffs, but we’re also likely to have games like this at home. I suppose it can get us all ready for the showdowns later. I am really proud of how well were are playing, too.”

As this game got closer in the schedule, anticipation grew to see just where we would stack up against Vangaziland. The Fillies had passed all of their tests up to this point with flying colors, and now they could see how good they really were. The Royals came to play, and the Dagans held their own against them, but in the end it would be Vangaziland winning by four, 14-10. In the end, they did what they needed to do, came in here and played a good, sound road game, and the Fillies gave a great effort only to fall a little short. In her post-game interview, coach Michelle Carter told us, “We learned some things today. I thought we played a good game. For starters, I have nothing bad to say about our effort. The compete level was there. We played clean, and didn’t create problems for ourselves. We were solid on faceoffs, and relatively equal in time of possession. In retrospect, a lot of what I was hoping we would do, we were able to achieve. Vangaziland played a clean, thorough game. They came in here with a goal in mind of getting a win, played their game.”

One of the adjustments the team had to face was the decision of Royals’ coach Larry Hootsen to play Wilhelmina Stenbeck on defense, who’s jersey number matches her height of 6'4". She is physical, and was assigned to Alyssa Mosley, who is always willing to take contact. This was a change though, as the smaller Gary Reef was who the team scouted a little more. Would Mosley’s aggressive side show against Stenbeck? After the game, Mosley actually complimented the Royals enforcer. “You can play physical in a stupid way, or you can play physical in a smart way. Stenbeck was smart with it. It’s part of the game, and we had some good battles but it was always within the rules. Maybe early on, we might have both been wondering if the other was going to try some cheap shit, but after enough of it, it was clear that there would be none of that coming. She could teach a lot of other defenders on how to play physically the right way. It was tough and grueling, but fun at the same time. I hope to see her again in Vangaziland.” Mosley scored three of Cassadaigua’s ten goals, a bit below her average. Jessica Crockett was sharp, but she was also complimentary, “Definitely the most challenging opponent I have ever faced. I think I expected that, but they were as advertised.” Crockett had two goals and four assists, so she was not shut down. “Needed some more though,” she said in response, “I guess for now you can say this result is ok, and it is, but eventually, we do want to be able to defeat them.”

Scott McLaughlin, the undersized but incredibly skilled forward managed a hat trick and led the Royals. “He’s short, but that’s his only problem,” defender Kayla Newton told us, “He’s learned how to overcome that, and even use that to his advantage. Plays with a lot of heart, and he’s quite strong. The size makes him shifty, though.”

Cassadaigua closes out the first half of their schedule away at 0-5 Monsa. Coach Carter says they will be sure not to have a let down game. “It should be a game that allows us to regroup and get back in the win column, but we still need to show up. The team knows we still have to play hard in the game.”

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Halfway point sees BP third
by Paul Vickers
The Daily Mail Staff Writer

The Commonwealth national lacrosse team will be idle on the final day of the first half of the World Championship group stage, as they have a bye in the seven team group. Currently they sit with 12 points from six matches and coach Brittaney Franklin is satisfied with the results to date. "We are about where I thought we'd be at the midway break. I'd like to see if we can generate some more offense, but defensively we are in good shape."

Reflecting on the previous outing against Qasden, Franklin thought her side played well enough to win in TV City. "We let things get away from us over the last 8 or 9 minutes, and that is another experience related pitfall rather than an ability problem. I'm impressed with how much we have closed the gap to them in performance, but of course they have so much more of a mental edge when they are in close games."

When the second half of the group begins, Baker Park will travel to Juvencus, whom they defeated 15-8, and Franklin believes they will be a different team than her squad faced on day 1. "We will need to be less careless in giving away cheap fouls and do a much better job on both ends in advantage situations."
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Wrexwic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrexwic » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Wasp Watch
Wrex Defeat Top Ten Team

The Wasps faced their most difficult match of the season against a strong side from St. Saratoga. The opponent is known for building up a strong program that's shown promise over the past few seasons. St. Saratoga is one solid push from serious title contention. This was evidenced by the trouble they gave to a charging Wrexwic.

This game would go down to the wire. Wrexwic was down 8-9 even two minutes into the fourth period. Wrexwic's defense was tossed for a loop for much of the game. With the clock running thin, Wasp efficiency stepped up on both sides of the field. The Wasps needed somebody to step up. The best attackmen had already done us much as they could. Glover Webb had 3 goals. Deon McKnight had two. All of these goals came in the first half. Both players seemed to be figured out by St. Saratoga's longstickers by this time.

Daly ran 'line 2' made up of Cradock, Palmer and Slaughter at midfield. The hope was to bring a different angle. The starters could be easy to figure out. Jaye Lindblom put up a strong match, scoring a goal in each quarter for 3. He came back in for the final three minutes, but was mostly a decoy.

It was Jarrick Craddock who stepped up with back to back goals. The clock was really starting to wind down when Craddock scored two dramatic goals. The first came with Jarrick catching the last pass off a fast break. He popped a bouncing shot which skipped well enough to confuse the keeper. Palmer was credited with the crucial assist. Craddock's next shot came off a charging attempt. A screen gave him enough space to run and shoot just before being met by a switching defender.

Darrian Webb scored the final goal from attack. Although he's a starter, he often fails to score as often as Webb and McKnight. His shot came from distance, his defender risking space to close off a cutting McKnight.

The result was a 2 point victory margin. "This team was no Sarzonia", said Joe Lawrence. The defender caused controversy throughout Sarzonia when he asked, "Do they know who they just played?" The quote wasn't just made into a meme. It was turned into a T-shirt, found everywhere from WrexShop to Gryphon Supermarkets. The quote was framed against the backdrop of a curiously shrugging Lawrence.

Fireworks continued from the Sarzonian side. Cameras caught Coach Carter Whitock having a flashback about Wrexwic's national LAX team. When hearing the news, Lawrence responded with, "That's what happens when you get stung by a Wasp. You'll never forget the sting."

Vannish and Wrexish sports analysts wondered if Sarzonia would become the Wasps' newest rival. "This is just what international lacrosse needs", said analysts Deter J. Piff. He hosts the show Last Minute alongside Chip Maydress. "We need showtime. Fireworks. True vitriol on the field of play. These teams at the top are set to clash continously over the next few seasons. They might as well make it interesting."

Coach Jacob Daly faced heat for his smug attitude during the Wrexish victory. He was asked if he considered Sarzonia a rival team. "We only accept rivalries from top 5 teams", said the smarmy coach. "We have standards."

The Wasps look forward to a match against a motivated side of cheer girls.

"Okay. We're facing an unconventional opponent", Daly told his team on the final practice before the upcoming game. "Let's beat them at their own game. Keep physical play to a minimum. Beat them with passing. Win the battle for ground balls. Let's make this a skill test. Show technique and skill."

6'2 captain Glover Webb spoke his thoughts on the coach's advice. "That's all well and good for the defenders. I plan to barrel towards the goal as often as I can though."

"They can get shots off", said starting goalie Keyon Sowley. "Especially if our longsticks play back. I expect a challenging game. We're definitely not underestimating them on this side of the field."

Ollie Jacobsson spoke on Vangaziland's win over Cassadaigua. "That was a fun game to watch", said the Wasp midfielder. "Either team would give us middies a challenge on both sides of the field."

The Wasps have high hopes of progression into the Last Four. "We need to get back to the big game", said Deon McKnight. "Vangaziland wants to be the number one team. We are capable of skipping them in line. We'll sure try!"

While Vangaziland totes the highest scoring offense, Wrexwic boasts the best defense. They have given up a season best 4 goals. This makes Strawbridge Stadium one of the most intimidating places to play."we're ready for any challenger", Lawrence arrogantly boasted.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Group 1
Cheergirls 10–11 Wrexwic
Clonka Magnus 4–19 Alpine Union
United Celtic Peoples 12–15 Sarzonia

1 Wrexwic 6 5 1 74 44 +30 15
2 Sarzonia 6 5 1 86 59 +27 15
3 Alpine Union 6 3 3 65 52 +13 9
4 St Saratoga 6 3 3 66 64 +2 9
5 Cheergirls 6 3 3 57 65 −8 9
6 United Celtic Peoples 6 2 4 60 72 −12 6
7 Clonka Magnus 6 0 6 38 90 −52 0

Group 2
Lochario 4–19 New West Guiana
West Phoenicia 16–9 The Kytler Peninsulae
Seraxinbourgh 12–4 Qingland

1 New West Guiana 6 6 0 86 38 +48 18
2 Cosumar 6 5 1 91 51 +40 15
3 West Phoenicia 6 4 2 73 66 +7 12
4 Seraxinbourgh 6 2 4 55 68 −13 6
5 Lochario 6 2 4 53 75 −22 6
6 The Kytler Peninsulae 6 2 4 55 81 −26 6
7 Qingland 6 0 6 52 86 −34 0

Group 3
Monsa 7–18 Cassadaigua
Xabia 5–10 Velestria
Northwest Kalactin 7–18 Banija

1 Vangaziland 6 6 0 95 46 +49 18
2 Cassadaigua 6 5 1 75 51 +24 15
3 Banija 6 4 2 84 56 +28 12
4 Velestria 6 3 3 57 59 −2 9
5 Northwest Kalactin 6 2 4 50 78 −28 6
6 Xabia 6 1 5 41 68 −27 3
7 Monsa 6 0 6 44 88 −44 0

Group 4
Juvencus 8–9 Qasden
Libonesia 5–20 Abanhfleft
Bjornoya Republic 14–2 Iquikukut

1 Abanhfleft 6 5 1 85 40 +45 15
2 Qasden 6 5 1 75 48 +27 15
3 Baker Park 6 4 2 67 52 +15 12
4 Juvencus 6 3 3 59 60 −1 9
5 Libonesia 6 3 3 59 67 −8 9
6 Bjornoya Republic 6 1 5 38 66 −28 3
7 Iquikukut 6 0 6 37 87 −50 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:03 am

Kenzie Oliver: And that will be the halfway point. That was some game.

Tara Snyderman: Held our own nicely against the reigning champions, and the hottest team in the competition.

Courtney Barnett: Tough loss.

Kenzie Oliver: You were awesome, Courtney. They were getting frustrated by how good you were in goal.

Courtney Barnett: It only makes the loss tougher, though.

Chelsea Moore: I wish I knew where the Wasps were staying tonight.

Tara Snyderman: Qualifying will end with us playing in their house, maybe they will let us party with them after the game.

Chelsea Moore: Sorry, Tara, you are only 17. I, on the other hand, am 18.

Tara Snyderman: Well, maybe their rules are different.

Kenzie Oliver: Stop crushing over the Wasps.

Chelsea Moore: They can sting me any time!

Courtney Barnett: Seriously, Chelsea?

Tara Snyderman: Chelsea is right! And they don’t have to know I am only 17, I can pretend I had a birthday between now and then.

Chelsea Moore: Courtney, what is not to love about them? Rough and physical men, well built, but played like complete gentlemen with us.

Kenzie Oliver: That’s an interesting way to look at!

Tara Snyderman: That shows that not only are they good looking and strong, they are also nice and sweet guys at heart.

Chelsea Moore: Kenzie, you are also only 17. And Courtney, before you start swooning, you are only 16.

Kenzie Oliver: Tara and I are going to have birthdays between now and then.

Courtney Barnett: I don’t really go for older guys, Chelsea. Don’t worry.

Chelsea Moore: Umm, no, you are not having a birthday between now and then. Kenzie, you just turned 17 last month anyway.

Kenzie Oliver: They don’t need to know that.

Tara Snyderman: I’m sure one of the reasons we kept it so close, other then Courtney’s great goalkeeping, is that they were too busy checking us out, so they have to feel almost the same way as we do right now.

Chelsea Moore: I don’t know. Courtney was awesome. But maybe just a little.

Courtney Barnett: Thanks, I suppose!

Chelsea Moore: Well I found the email address for one of their players and asked if they could show a couple of us around after the game when we are there.

Kenzie Oliver: Thank you, Chelsea!

Chelsea Moore: By couple of us, I meant the ones on the team who are 18.

Courtney Barnett: Don’t you girls have fake ID’s anyway?

Kenzie Oliver: Yeah, but the official roster lists our age so it blows our cover.

Courtney Barnett: Just tell them it was misprint.

Tara Snyderman: Saved by Courtney again!

Chelsea Moore: That won’t work.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:47 am

We’re Halfway,

Following an 18-7 drubbing of Monsa, Cassadaigua heads into the midpoint of the season doing very well, with a 5-1 record. They came into this tournament unranked, though were never concerned about that. The Fillies defeated both of their fellow unranked teams, and also picked up wins over teams that did have a rank, but it was not really much of one when you do not have production to go along with it. Both Velestria and Northwest Kalactin were defeated in that matter. Also defeated was the 10th ranked side from Banija. They are 4-2, and figure to continue to be a strong contender. The Dagans trailed most of the game, but rallied late for that win, led by heroics from Jessica Crockett. Banija is a team in transition, and it didn’t help them that they had to play us and Vangaziland in two of their first three games after making those changes. They have since won three in a row, and will be a contender. Cassadaigua would fall 14-10 to Vangaziland, who are 6-0 and looking good in the process. At the halfway point, this would be a good time to take a quick look at how the playoffs might be shaping up.

First place teams getting the bye, with their seed: Vangaziland (1), New West Guiana (2), Abanhfleft (3), Wrexwic (4)

Second Place teams, with seed: Cosumar (5), Sarzonia (6), Qasden (7), Cassadaigua (8)

Third Place teams, with seed: Banija (9), Baker Park (10), West Phoenicia (11), Cheergirls (12)

Cheergirls has the tiebreaker in their three way tie with Alpine Union and St Saratoga because they presently are 2-0 in the H2H tiebreaker (have defeated both teams in the first leg).

This would set up first round contests between: Cosumar and Cheergirls, Sarzonia and West Phoenicia, Qasden and Baker Park, and Cassadaigua and Banija.

There is so much more lacrosse left to be played, and so much can change. Sarzonia and Qasden, both 5-1, are actually tied on overall GD and that went to GF. Cassadaigua, also 5-1, is just three behind in the overall GD category.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:44 am

LAX Report
A Vannish Look At Pro Affiliations

The Vangaziland Royals are a mix of a few pro teams and two university students. Most representatives come from the latest VLAX Champion, the Northton Merchant Marines. The team plays in the northernmost city on the Mainland. Northton is known to be a gritty place full of big buildings and bigger egos. Many feel the citizens are some of the least friendly in the Vannish Empire. The city is just one where it's easy to be forgotten.

One can't mention the Merchant Marines without talking about Scott McLaughlin. The latest season saw Scott establish himself as the top attackman in Vangaziland. It is only his second season of professional lacrosse. His rookie season was strong, but he has shown the potential for generational talent. Taye James and Stevie Williams start for Northton, although Williams is on the reserve for the Royals. Both players are capable of getting the ball into dangerous space. James is known for his speed, making fast breaks even more efficient.

Northton has Vangaziland's most experienced enforcer in Lars Swenson. The 6'6 defenseman was important to running a tough defensive unit in VLAX. He is also a vocal leader for the Royals. Peter Strom closes up a talent heavy Northton by starting at keeper. Strom has shown his effect on games by helping Vangaziland reach the best goal differential in WLC 30.

The Blue Coast Blacksharks contribute several key pieces to the Vannish national team. Gary Reef plays professionally for Blue Coast. Jimmy Lattersen starts at middie for the Blacksharks, while providing key minutes for the Royals off the bench. The biggest contribution from Blue Coast is captain Theo Scandrix. He is the best midfielder on the Blacksharks by far. Theo has developed good chemistry with many of the Royals midfield, helping keep team chemistry high.

Other teams with major player contributions are the Dirktown Miners, Auster Storm and South Stead Wagoneers. Dirktown and South Stead are small market teams, though South Stead is a larger city. Auster is the largest city in Vangaziland, located in the center of the Mainland. The best player to come out of Auster is Lizzie Borhanson. She seems to be adapting well to the men's game. She had a breakout game against Cassadaigua which makes her potential seem endless.

"After playing against bruising guys for so long, it felt like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulder", Borhanson said about the game. Borhanson has also mentioned how much training alongside Scott McLaughlin has helped her improve.

The Wagoneers are best known for defensemen Mike Swythe and Andrew Lotson. Swythe is one of the team's important veterans on defense. He brings a great bit of size on defense and a habit of smart decision making on the field.

Starting attackman James Brick and reserve keeper Janet Reesedottir are the two major contributions from Dirktown. Neither player receives as much time in the spotlight as their counterparts in the position. Both players are important weapons in the Vannish arsenal.

"Depth helps us be one of the best in the multiverse" said Coach Hootsen.

The team also features three collegiate players. Wilhelmina Stenbeck and Stella Dahl both play for Blue Coast University. The team draws many talented female prospects after Lizzie Borhanson was allowed to play on the men's team there. It resulted in a pro contract for Lizzie and will likely do the same for the other two. Dahl shows talent for scoring. Stenbeck is a capable defender set to represent Vangaziland internationally for most of her career.

Rico Wikström is a junior at Overglade University. The North Emeros college is considered the most prestigious university in Vangaziland. Rico is starting at left midfield. He's a left hander that's tricky to guard. Coach Hootsen is taking a risk by starting the college player. "Rico needs minutes", said coach Hootsen. "We want him to develop. He needs to get used to big game pressure. I want to see him contribute."

Wikström has had a mostly quiet season, though he has taken several shots at goal. Most of his attempts have been saved or sailed off target. "This season is a learning experience", Rico said after the match against Cassadaigua. "We're playing some tough teams, so I'm picking up a lot." There is a serious chance Stella Dahl might replace him in the starting lineup.

The Royals look forward to the next match, where they'll give Monsa a rematch. "There shouldn't be any surprises here", said defenseman Wilhelmina Stenbeck.

It should be noted that Vannish legends Jake Carrs and Tony Tute played for the Emeros Zap, along with a few other former Royals players. The team from the Vannish capital is starting a rebuilding process. They will definitely hope to draft players like Dahl or Stenbeck in hopes of returning to VLAX greatness.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:40 am

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

Okay, guys, since the World Lacrosse Championships are on a break, let's take a break from international lacrosse as well and take a look back at our own lacrosse tournament. Welcome back to the Lacrosse League of Abanhfleft, where the league is full of angry women with sticks ready to toss balls into the air. If they get paid on time, of course. The LLA is the top (and I do mean the top) lacrosse league in the country, and it's also the only top-level league in the Democratic Republic where the vast, vast majority of the athletes are women (bet Cassadaigua loves that!) but it's nowhere near the popularity of the "true" big leagues like the FBA, FNLAF, and Premier League, that sort of thing (a bit of a letdown for the nation in pink). So teams have been coming and going with alarming regularity until very recently, when we've finally a period where the league has expanded and teams didn't fold.

This season, we've welcomed two new teams into the LLA, but they're not just your average expansion teams. No, no, no. They came from Abanhfleft Major Lacrosse, another lacrosse league that tried (remember that word, tried) to compete with LLA in terms of lacrosse popularity by attracting men to the game in terms of playing for them. Bless them, they really tried. But the image of lacrosse as a female-dominated sport in the country is just so ingrained and deep-seated, and it didn't help that the league was running into ever deeper debt as the years went on, and that teams appeared and disappeared by the second. By the end of it all, AML only had four teams left, and after they played out that last season (and crowned a champion in the Suwkpel Rush), the league disbanded. Two teams, the Marble Arch Bandidos and the Calfragilis Marshals, managed to negotiate deals to join the LLA and become the first two teams in the league with majority-male teams while the Suwkpel Rush announced that they would take a season off and play in the minor leagues before joining the LLA for 2027-28.

That's the background for the 2026-27 season done. Eleven teams play eighteen games each for the chance to win the Luzviminda Lozima Trophy, the highest lacrosse prize in the country, named after the woman who led the national team to three World Lacrosse Championships. This season began earlier than usual because the league wanted the season to end before the 30th World Lacrosse Championships came around, providing teams with a month-long rest period before embarking into the playoffs. Some have argued that this break period would affect the playoff teams, especially the ones who had topped their divisions, because it could cause an unwelcome break in their momentum, but others have countered that claim by saying that the division toppers already have a mini-break of their own with their semifinals byes, so really the bigger break is just putting everyone else on the same level. But enough about the debates. Let's take a look at the playoff picture.

WESTERN DIVISION         Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD
1 Mykorrigan Flyers 18 13 5 236 155 +81 Division leaders, Bye to Division finals
2 Markovsky Tsars 18 13 5 221 152 +69 Qualified for playoffs
3 Ogovlich Orioles 18 12 6 206 157 +49 Qualified for playoffs

4 Haranguer Vipers 18 6 12 166 202 −36
5 Jasvirabad Jays 18 6 12 135 224 −89
6 Marble Arch Bandidos 18 4 14 144 214 −70

EASTERN DIVISION         Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD
1 Riuwiee Nighthawks 18 13 5 225 161 +64 Division leaders, Bye to Division finals
2 Olistan Polaris 18 12 6 185 169 +16 Qualified for playoffs
3 Releinthi Liberty 18 10 8 186 149 +37 Qualified for playoffs

4 Piuui Rockets 18 8 10 156 188 −32
5 Calfragilis Marshals 18 2 16 139 228 −89

Defending champions Mykorrigan Flyers have topped the Western Division yet again, and this time they've also clinched the best regular season record out of all the eleven teams in the league. Last season's other finalists Olistan Polaris have not been able to win their division, but they sit pretty at a respectable second place, just one game behind leaders Riuwiee Nighthawks. The two teams formerly of Abanhfleft Major Lacrosse, the Bandidos and the Marshals, both sit in last place at their respective divisions. Once again, the quality of the men's play in Fleftic lacrosse as opposed to the quality of the women's play will have critics of the "merger" between LLA and AML saying that the LLA shouldn't have accepted the AML teams in the first place, but I personally believe that the Bandidos and the Marshals are still adjusting to the level of the LLA, and that they will improve soon enough.

As for the playoffs itself, let's take a look at the contestants. As division winners, Mykorrigan and Riuwiee have both received byes to the semifinals. That leaves the second and third best teams in the division to duke it out for the chance to challenge the division toppers. In the Eastern Division, that's last season's finalists Olistan Polaris playing host to the Releinthi Liberty, coached by one-third of the Fearsome Threesome in Cecilia Cuvimi. Over in the Western Division, the Ogovlich Orioles head to the Markovsky Tsars, the team with the most championships in the LLA. When the World Lacrosse Championships is over, this is going to be a cracking playoffs. Will Mykorrigan be able to successfully defend the Lozima Trophy? Can Markovsky add to their already bulging trophy case? Or will CeCe Cuvimi lead the Liberty to the ultimate lacrosse glory? We might not be able to find out the answer for a whole month, but the ride will surely be fantastic, and I'm also sure that there will be tons of surprises along the way.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Wrexwic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrexwic » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Jaye Lindblom was a little nervous when he saw the email from Chelsea Moore. He figured they were all too young, but saw Chelsea and Rachel were over 18. He quickly went to the roster website of the team to check. Wrexwic recently played a tough game against them. Lindblom led scoring with 3 goals. Offensive production was spread between several players in a game that saw many passes and a great deal of running.

Lindblom took some time to respond before grabbing his tablet to reply. He mentioned that he would like to personally spend time with Chelsea, the writer of the message. Lindblom was 20, so there shouldn't be much of a difference. He offered to invite Glenn Agle for a double date with Rachel Gray. Agle was 19 and considered to be the future of Wrexish attack.

Both players play professionally in a high paying league. Lindblom plays in Vangaziland for the Emeros Zap. He is set to move into the starting lineup next season in a country where lacrosse is one of the top sports. Agle plays for a top tier team in Wrexwic. Many Vangazi play here if they can't find a spot on a VLAX team.

Agle just enjoys playing close to his hometown. If he progresses and develops leadership qualities, he may become a future Wasp captain.

This would have left the rest of the Cheergirls squad without company. Ollie spent time reflecting on this before replying. After a quick talk with Agle, they came up with a solution. Glenn's brother was on the U18 All Star team. They could throw a party for the two younger teams. Lindblom mentioned how fun it could to plan this. They could throw a pool party or a dance.

There was always the chance Rachel and Chelsea were into other players. Lindblom and Agle were both talented and handsome. They weren't the tallest or most athletic players on the team though. They may have still been some of the coolest, but other players had larger international profiles.

Even easier than finding Wrexish emails would be finding these athletes on social media. Agle and Lindblom don't plan to tell the others. They don't want anybody too cool, like 6'3 Lamar Jameson to show up. The Wasps are known for their defense, which he plays a major role with. Jameson is imposing while retaining a svelte figure, unlike some of Vangaziland's male defensemen. The pair also would not want the nosy captain poking around their party. Other players like Joe Lawrence just had big mouths and would find a way to tease them about it.

Lawrence once teased Jarrick Craddock because it took him 3 months to ask a woman out on a date. The big defender doesn't let anything escape his hawkish eyesight. He also has a creative way with words that makes verbally sparring easy and enjoyable for him. He uses this skill to get laughs or troll others.

Part of Wrexwic's history can be found by looking at both player's families. Lindblom comes from a line of one of Vangaziland's Scandinavian tribes that long ago crossed the channel into Wrexwic. He's had several descendants of Africa's New Gazi mixed into his line. His hair shines a dark shade of sandy brown. His eyes are a lighter brown, almost a golden hazel without the green. His features are angular, if not slightly square. His figure is rugged, needing to run and take heavy hits on the pro circuit.

Agle comes from a line of displaced migrants that settled along Wrexwic and Mainland Vangaziland shores in the late 1600s. Agle comes from a clan similar to Scott McLaughlin on Vangaziland's side. They are one of the more rare Caucasian groups in Vangaziland, but are quite common in Wrexwic. His hair is a dusty brown that some might call ginger. It's usually cut well in waves meant to look slightly messy. He's only 5'9 but has a fair bit of muscle on his frame.

The two lacrosse players definitely look like they can hold their own, despite their youthful faces. Both players have bright futures in professional and international lacrosse ahead of them.

The U18 All Stars come from around the small island nation of Wrexwic. Three of the players were actually born in Vangaziland. The team was a diverse mix of all skin tones and hair colors. Some might even carry the rare Vannish trait of violet eyes. Stina Karlsson, captain of Vangaziland's cheer team, is one example of the genome. At least two of the all stars will have these eyes.

People should be wary about traveling through Wrexwic in general. Areas near arenas and training facilities are safe. It isn't the best country to just get on the highway and drive through. There are definitely areas that need to be avoided. This shouldn't come into play during the party, which would likely be located in one of the nation's best neighborhoods.

Lindblom though back to the game after sending the email. It was fun to play the style they did. Only big Glover Webb really used his body on offense. He was the second Wasp to score a hat trick with 3 goals. Tyrill, Jacobsson, D. Webb, Slaughter and Palmer each added one goal apiece. Most of these players were middies. Many goals came as a result of one or two key passes catching defenders out of place. The team used less screens than normal, which led to more cutting on offense.

Midfielders scored more often since attack movements were easier to cut off. Wasp midfielders used speed and technique to create chances, sometimes from distance. Ollie Jacobsson had the longest Wrex shot of the game with a three hop wind up which bounced high into the corner net. The skip created a trajectory confusing enough to trouble the keeper.

If it weren't for that lucky shot, Wrexwic may have fallen short against the Cheergirls. Instead they managed to squeak by in a test of in pure technique and fundamentals.

Wrexwic's prize defense would surely take heat for giving up so many goals. "I thought they said not to hit them", said Joe Lawrence postgame. The left side of the field was a major weak spot for Wrexwic under Lawrence's eye. Some of Joe Lawrence's rivals in pro lacrosse took the time to point fun at the Wrex. Vannish starting defender Mike Swythe compiled a 'highlight video' of various Cheergirls scoring on Lawrence. There were also plays where the Wasp looked hesitant, or got beat in sprints by one of the offensive players. The video went viral within an hour.

Royals and Wasp fans have begun clashing more and more as the season reaches the midway point. Both teams hope to secure a first round BYE and build steam for the talented opponent they'll face in the second round.
Last edited by Wrexwic on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Group 1
United Celtic Peoples 10–13 Alpine Union
Clonka Magnus 4–18 Wrexwic
Cheergirls 15–6 St Saratoga

1 Wrexwic 7 6 1 92 48 +44 18
2 Sarzonia 6 5 1 86 59 +27 15
3 Alpine Union 7 4 3 78 62 +16 12
4 Cheergirls 7 4 3 72 71 +1 12
5 St Saratoga 7 3 4 72 79 −7 9
6 United Celtic Peoples 7 2 5 70 85 −15 6
7 Clonka Magnus 7 0 7 42 108 −66 0

Group 2
Seraxinbourgh 5–13 The Kytler Peninsulae
West Phoenicia 7–9 New West Guiana
Lochario 4–14 Cosumar

1 New West Guiana 7 7 0 95 45 +50 21
2 Cosumar 7 6 1 105 55 +50 18
3 West Phoenicia 7 4 3 80 75 +5 12
4 The Kytler Peninsulae 7 3 4 68 86 −18 9
5 Seraxinbourgh 7 2 5 60 81 −21 6
6 Lochario 7 2 5 57 89 −32 6
7 Qingland 6 0 6 52 86 −34 0

Group 3
Northwest Kalactin 11–6 Velestria
Xabia 9–19 Cassadaigua
Monsa 8–17 Vangaziland

1 Vangaziland 7 7 0 112 54 +58 21
2 Cassadaigua 7 6 1 94 60 +34 18
3 Banija 6 4 2 84 56 +28 12
4 Velestria 7 3 4 63 70 −7 9
5 Northwest Kalactin 7 3 4 61 84 −23 9
6 Xabia 7 1 6 50 87 −37 3
7 Monsa 7 0 7 52 105 −53 0

Group 4
Bjornoya Republic 9–12 Abanhfleft
Libonesia 8–6 Qasden
Juvencus 6–9 Baker Park

1 Abanhfleft 7 6 1 97 49 +48 18
2 Qasden 7 5 2 81 56 +25 15
3 Baker Park 7 5 2 76 58 +18 15
4 Libonesia 7 4 3 67 73 −6 12
5 Juvencus 7 3 4 65 69 −4 9
6 Bjornoya Republic 7 1 6 47 78 −31 3
7 Iquikukut 6 0 6 37 87 −50 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Tara Snyderman: It’s official, Courtney owns St Saratoga.

Courtney Barnett: Yeah, they hate me. Sometimes you just are a team’s head. That’s the case with them.

Tara Snyderman: Important win anyway, maybe we can actually squeeze into third place here.

Chelsea Moore: Hey, I got exciting news!!

Tara Snyderman: What?

Chelsea Moore: I got a response back from Jaye Lindholm from Wrexwic, and we’re going to meet up later on when we meet.

Kenzie Oliver: Exciting, what did he say about the rest of us?

Chelsea Moore: You’re too young, Kenzie. But me and Rachel are fair game and they are already planning a double date. Could be fun right at the end of qualifying.

Tara Snyderman: And if Courtney keeps playing the way she is playing, both teams will be heading to Cassadaigua.

Courtney Barnett: It would really be incredible.
Chelsea Moore: You’re not entirely out of luck though, Kenzie.

Kenzie Oliver: Why? He doesn’t care that we are not 18?

Chelsea Moore: Oh, he cares. But, they are going to invite people from their own U-18 team. It can be one big ol’ party for you guys.

Kenzie Oliver: Ooooh nice!

Chelsea Moore: Don’t say I don’t look out for you.

Tara Snyderman: Are the rest of us invited for the junior party?

Chelsea Moore: Yeah, even Courtney. She says she doesn’t like older guys anyway.

Courtney Barnett: I guess it couldn’t hurt to have a good time. Especially if we make the playoffs.

Tara Snyderman: Chelsea, what are you two going to do on your date?

Chelsea Moore: We’re just starting to get to know each other now, so you know, once that time comes we’ll know each other a lot more and who knows what will happen. You know I am down for anything.

Kenzie Oliver: Rachel is going to this party too?

Chelsea Moore: Of course! This is all part of the fun.

Kenzie Oliver: Can’t wait, even if it’s the junior party!

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Group 1
St Saratoga 12–10 Clonka Magnus
Wrexwic 9–3 United Celtic Peoples
Alpine Union 11–9 Sarzonia

1 Wrexwic 8 7 1 101 51 +50 21
2 Sarzonia 7 5 2 95 70 +25 15
3 Alpine Union 8 5 3 89 71 +18 15
4 Cheergirls 7 4 3 72 71 +1 12
5 St Saratoga 8 4 4 84 89 −5 12
6 United Celtic Peoples 8 2 6 73 94 −21 6
7 Clonka Magnus 8 0 8 52 120 −68 0

Group 2
Cosumar 9–8 West Phoenicia
New West Guiana 14–4 Seraxinbourgh
The Kytler Peninsulae 13–5 Qingland

1 New West Guiana 8 8 0 109 49 +60 24
2 Cosumar 8 7 1 114 63 +51 21
3 West Phoenicia 8 4 4 88 84 +4 12
4 The Kytler Peninsulae 8 4 4 81 91 −10 12
5 Seraxinbourgh 8 2 6 64 95 −31 6
6 Lochario 7 2 5 57 89 −32 6
7 Qingland 7 0 7 57 99 −42 0

Group 3
Vangaziland 13–3 Xabia
Cassadaigua 13–8 Northwest Kalactin
Velestria 5–9 Banija

1 Vangaziland 8 8 0 125 57 +68 24
2 Cassadaigua 8 7 1 107 68 +39 21
3 Banija 7 5 2 93 61 +32 15
4 Velestria 8 3 5 68 79 −11 9
5 Northwest Kalactin 8 3 5 69 97 −28 9
6 Xabia 8 1 7 53 100 −47 3
7 Monsa 7 0 7 52 105 −53 0

Group 4
Baker Park 16–5 Libonesia
Qasden 11–14 Bjornoya Republic
Abanhfleft 10–5 Iquikukut

1 Abanhfleft 8 7 1 107 54 +53 21
2 Baker Park 8 6 2 92 63 +29 18
3 Qasden 8 5 3 92 70 +22 15
4 Libonesia 8 4 4 72 89 −17 12
5 Juvencus 7 3 4 65 69 −4 9
6 Bjornoya Republic 8 2 6 61 89 −28 6
7 Iquikukut 7 0 7 42 97 −55 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Peter Strom celebrated his win over Xabia with a bachelor party. The Vannish keeper would soon be marrying Silvia Alfursdottir. Silvia plays for Vangaziland's Olympiad field hockey team. Strom would be celebrating with many of the starters from the WLC team. Reserve keeper Janet Reesedottir also joined the festivities.

"I didn't show up to the party just because of my orientation", Reesdottir told Pete with a laugh. After dinner, the group went straight to the local exotic longue to witness some dancing. They went to a club that was not only known for loose rules, but also has rumored ties to organized crime. Many say Lazio affiliates wash money at all the clubs along W. Rivine Road in Emeros. The clubs are located in an industrial district of the Vannish capital.

Pete had a few drinks and watched a show or two before the group moved on. The group talked about whether a NSSCRA driver had once danced at the same club. The club denied it, but sources closer to the suspected driver seeemed to say she did.

The group rode in two stretch limos based on the VM Roland chassis. They cruised around the streets of downtown Emeros for a half hour, enjoying the nighttime scenery. This was a time for Pete to enjoy his freedom. He had already been dared to kiss one of the dancers. Now they were taking him to another place his future wife would not approve of.

Silvia had one rule. Pete could not smoke cannabis like he did in college, no matter how legal Vannish magistrates declared it. The group drove to 'Flowers-By-The-Bay'. It was a smoking longue not far from a busy section of the Nordlig River. The hipster haunt was packed with visitors standing outside under overcast skies. Even at this late hour, a ship crept past the deck filled with candle-lit tables.

"Your freedom is gone", McLaughlin said teasing his keeper. "Your collection of lacrosse cards? You might as well throw those out."

"She told me I could put those in the den", Strom said defensively.

Scott did not back down, though his voice was playful. "Yeah. That's how it starts. First she'll say put it in the den, then she'll tell you the den is too cluttered. Then it'll be on you to throw them out."

Strom froze in anxiety. Perhaps his recent activity had left him slightly paranoid. Janet Reesedottir spoke up, providing much needed feminine energy. "He's just trying to scare you. Sylvia isn't like that." Janet shot aggresive eyes at Scott. He may have been the new star, but she was tougher than him. "Scott's just talking about how his wife treats him."

"So what", Scott said before walking away. "I miss my lacrosse cards." His wife did indeed make the star attackman throw away his prize collection. He didn't tell her he actually sold the cards for a profit. That money went into buying her a nice Romance Day gift. Mostly.

Strom was fresh off a big win. He only gave up 3 goals against Xabia. This came with 7 Strom saves. Reesedottir played several minutes and added 4 saves of her own. A lot of credit for the low score had to go to the Vannish defence. Mike Swythe had an aggressive performance. Over the last two games, his amount of ground balls has doubled on a per match basis.

Swythe spent much of the bachelor party laughing with Scott. "You know, Silvia might smell this on your hair days later", the defensemen teased alongside Scott.

"I'm not scared", Strom said as he tried to convince himself. The team had been training so hard. They needed this much needed break. Stella Dahl was invited but didn't feel comfortable going to a club. She didn't know what to expect and it would just feel weird. Neither Lars Swenson nor Wilhelmina Stenbeck went to the party. Lars just wasn't very social. Stenbeck was only a collegiate player who didn't know most players too well.

Lizzie Borhanson was offended with the idea that Strom would do things his fiancé wouldn't approve of. She decided to go to the bachelorette party instead. If she could convince his future wife to do something unsavory, she would. She had to disguise herself as just a friendly new face first.

The entre night was likely a shaky start to the marriage. No major harm was done. Strom got to worry about something other than making saves and clearances. It felt good to spend time with friends. The keeper was the type who never liked to be the center of attention. This party just felt right anyway.

After the smoking longue, the group joined a dance party on a river yacht. The group ended up grooving to R&B and hip hop tunes from neighborhoods like Crooklund and West South Stead. Everyone had to find a dance partner, including Peter Strom.

This was no challenge for the professional lacrosse players. They were household names. "I just saw you on TV", the reveler Strom was seen dancing with said on her first approach. Many of his teammates cheered Strom on as dancing got up close and personal.

"It was just a little dance", Reesedottir later told him. "Don't freak out." Strom was starting to feel guilty. It wasn't because he danced. It was because he actually kind of liked the fan he spent time with. Luckily he would never see her again.

"You are so busted", Scott joked alongside a laughing Swythe.

At the end of it all, Peter knew his fiancé was the one he wanted to be with. Now he just hoped she didn't ever learn what happened at the party. He hoped she wouldn't ask about it. He could probably stall his way out of a direct answer for awhile. He could be vague and talk about dancing, a bar and a club. The details just could never reach Silvia, the starting right forward of the national field hockey team.

The two already joked about whether their kid was going to play keeper or attack. They both definitely wanted him or her to play lacrosse. There was more money in it. Having two Olympians as parents should certainly help their kid reach future athletic heights.

Swythe would continue to tease Strom about the event for the next few months.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 pm

It's the tenth day!

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Group 1
Sarzonia 9–11 Wrexwic
United Celtic Peoples 5–23 St Saratoga
Clonka Magnus 4–19 Cheergirls

1 Wrexwic 9 8 1 112 60 +52 24
2 Sarzonia 8 5 3 104 81 +23 15
3 Alpine Union 8 5 3 89 71 +18 15
4 Cheergirls 8 5 3 91 75 +16 15
5 St Saratoga 9 5 4 107 94 +13 15
6 United Celtic Peoples 9 2 7 78 117 −39 6
7 Clonka Magnus 9 0 9 56 139 −83 0

Group 2
Qingland 4–20 New West Guiana
Seraxinbourgh 8–18 Cosumar
West Phoenicia 10–6 Lochario

1 New West Guiana 9 9 0 129 53 +76 27
2 Cosumar 9 8 1 132 71 +61 24
3 West Phoenicia 9 5 4 98 90 +8 15
4 The Kytler Peninsulae 8 4 4 81 91 −10 12
5 Lochario 8 2 6 63 99 −36 6
6 Seraxinbourgh 9 2 7 72 113 −41 6
7 Qingland 8 0 8 61 119 −58 0

Group 3
Banija 11–7 Cassadaigua
Northwest Kalactin 5–10 Vangaziland
Xabia 21–11 Monsa

1 Vangaziland 9 9 0 135 62 +73 27
2 Cassadaigua 9 7 2 114 79 +35 21
3 Banija 8 6 2 104 68 +36 18
4 Velestria 8 3 5 68 79 −11 9
5 Northwest Kalactin 9 3 6 74 107 −33 9
6 Xabia 9 2 7 74 111 −37 6
7 Monsa 8 0 8 63 126 −63 0

Group 4
Iquikukut 9–9 Qasden (10–11 OT)
Bjornoya Republic 6–12 Baker Park
Libonesia 9–12 Juvencus

1 Abanhfleft 8 7 1 107 54 +53 21
2 Baker Park 9 7 2 104 69 +35 21
3 Qasden 9 6 3 103 80 +23 18
4 Juvencus 8 4 4 77 78 −1 12
5 Libonesia 9 4 5 81 101 −20 12
6 Bjornoya Republic 9 2 7 67 101 −34 6
7 Iquikukut 8 0 8 52 108 −56 0

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports