NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Joohan wrote:So, I would like to kind of advertise my character a bit for anyone who might be interested in recruiting him in their story arc.

He is an orc, possessing an innately genius skill for medicinal and natural magics. For the lesser part of 7 years he has been traveling across the Empire, acting as a nomadic and charitable apothecary, treating the wounded sick and weary without prejudice. He is a well known rumor within the apothecary trade. His identity as an orc is unknown, as he keeps his inhuman image well hidden under heavy head to toe coverings, and uses a civilized manner of speech unusual for orcs ( all be it with a lisp on account of the large canines ).

If anyone would be interested in interacting with him or recruiting him to their cause, I would certainly be open to the proposition.

Your orc character is welcome in Gallowkeep. I do need a medic to treat the wounded after bandit hunting
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Joohan wrote:So, I would like to kind of advertise my character a bit for anyone who might be interested in recruiting him in their story arc.

He is an orc, possessing an innately genius skill for medicinal and natural magics. For the lesser part of 7 years he has been traveling across the Empire, acting as a nomadic and charitable apothecary, treating the wounded sick and weary without prejudice. He is a well known rumor within the apothecary trade. His identity as an orc is unknown, as he keeps his inhuman image well hidden under heavy head to toe coverings, and uses a civilized manner of speech unusual for orcs ( all be it with a lisp on account of the large canines ).

If anyone would be interested in interacting with him or recruiting him to their cause, I would certainly be open to the proposition.

Im interested, though Im not sure how we might work it out.

Siona is a wander as well, who uses her skills as a summoner to protect and help those she meets. She is fairly young, but accomplished, being at about the skill level of an adept, and who prefers to learn and study than to hurt others. She doesn't do her work for money, but will accept it, and is also a well known rumor, though more so in circles surrounding caravans and those who live near ancient ruins.

However, its looking like she may be recruited into helping the merfolk (sorry, I couldn't remember their proper name Bla Ary) in gaining their freedom from the Empire. Not sure how they could be connected, but I'm interested all the same. Two wandering mages could be a cool set up for some good stories.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Union Princes wrote:

Your orc character is welcome in Gallowkeep. I do need a medic to treat the wounded after bandit hunting

Perhaps then
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 pm

He'd be accepted in Presvulca, while we're skeptical of outsiders, we are the Terran equivalent to Dorne so the Orc part wouldn't be the biggest problem.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Woah, a three way struggle for an orc medic.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

If he's prominent enough, he could be hanging around the court, and get to know Kauashe.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Union Princes wrote:Woah, a three way struggle for an orc medic.

If I'm accepted this'll be a foursome ;)

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Union Princes wrote:Woah, a three way struggle for an orc medic.

Im actually quite flattered.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 pm

imma check out everyones apps before i decide

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Joohan wrote:imma check out everyones apps before i decide

I'm still working on mine so you got time

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:41 pm

So...is the map just kind of being made up on the fly?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:05 pm

What's the status of creatures such as dragons and gryphons?
That God's name is Abraxas

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Benuty wrote:So...is the map just kind of being made up on the fly?

We don't have a mapmaker

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Benuty wrote:So...is the map just kind of being made up on the fly?

We don't have a mapmaker

I'm a mapmaker.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 pm

I feel like Lord Arthurius and Sir Morris Grimm will bond over executing bandits.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Union Princes wrote:I feel like Lord Arthurius and Sir Morris Grimm will bond over executing bandits.

I-I'm here too

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Woodstovia wrote:
Union Princes wrote:I feel like Lord Arthurius and Sir Morris Grimm will bond over executing bandits.

I-I'm here too

Here for what?

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:I-I'm here too

Here for what?

Killing bandits...

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm

Is K Soria, will protect you
Last edited by Bla Ary on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:00 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Brendan Blackhand, High King of the Artanni, the Blackhand, Earl of Galwood and the Southern Isles
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance:

Personality: Brendan is a quiet, reserved man. He is quite dour and cynical. When something upsets him, Brendan keeps quiet about it, but eventually his anger will grow and he will no longer be able to contain an outburst. Brendan refuses to involve himself in, or even observe, a fight, and is thus is derided in secret as a "craven" by most of the other members of the nobility. However, if he is in a truly life-threatening situation, he often flies into a mad rage that he cannot remember afterwards. He has several odd quirks, such as never being present at a feast while meat is being served, and refusing to speak of the Artanni civil war.
Skills: Skilled, if rusty, swordsman. A cool-headed leader in most situations. He has a sort of pithy, laconic charisma, even if he doesn't like talking much.
House: Clan Blackhand
Loyalties: Brendan, above all else, desires to not be dragged into a war. He utterly despises Lord Carnifex, but is unlikely to oppose him through force of arms unless there are no other options.
Biography: The Blackhands claim descent from Bjorn of the Black Hand, one of the sons of Umir the Lame, who is said to have had his left hand blackened by frostbite during a period of exile. As such, the Blackhands use a black left hand on a golden field as their heraldry. Originally a clan of little importance, the Blackhands were exiled from Artana after their lands were invaded by the Payles, then returned to claim the High Kingship with Terran support. In exchange for their aid, the Blackhands agreed to submit to Terran overlordship, but have remained autonomous de facto for most of their existence. The Blackhands rule from Breakwater Fort, a castle nestled between the mountains and the sea on Artana's southeastern coast.

Brendan was born to the future High King Bernard Blackhand and a woman named "Ellyn" who sold fish at a harbour near Breakwater Fort's harbour, the result of a youthful dalliance on his part before he was officially wed. High King Bernard would bring Brendan into his court, but at the behest of his first wife Brendan was mostly raised by nannies and away from his family. Though sickly as an infant, Brendan would soon grow into a strong young boy, deciding he wanted to squire under his father so he could eventually become a knight in his father's armies. Bernard, however, had begun to see Brendan as something of an embarrassment. While Bernard granted Brendan's wish to become a squire, he sent him to train under one of his knights far from Breakwater Fort, rather than under himself.

While Brendan lived at the edge of Blackhand territory, Bernard had trouble conceiving an heir born in wedlock. Like Brendan, all of Bernard's other children were born sickly, but unlike him they all died either in childbirth or within three years of life. Bernard's first wife died after her second stillbirth and fourth dead child, and his second produced only further dead children. Bernard was consumed by grief in the wake of these events, becoming known as "Bernard the Bereaved". He fell into a depression, ultimately throwing himself from Breakwater Fort's battlements into the sea, a few months after Brendan's fifteenth birthday. Not long after his death a document in Bernard's handwriting was found - Bernard had come to believe that his stillborn children were a curse placed on him for exiling Brendan, and to make up for this he had legitimized Brendan and named him his heir before committing suicide.

The Longtooths, Thorns, and various other minor clans disputed the document - They claimed Bernard had clearly been in unsound mind when he had written it, and in any case, it was not the right of the High King to unilaterally choose his own heir. This faction named Bernard's cousin Brynn the next High King and Chief of Clan Blackhand. However, Brendan had grown into quite the warrior, and much of the realm supported him when he declared his intent to press his claim, including the Ribbells, the Skinners, the Argosses, and the Vulnes. Artana descended into civil war.

After he marched east with his men, Brendan killed several Clan Chiefs who had aligned with Brynn, and lead the sieging and sacking of many towns. After a devastating loss, Brendan was forced to play dead in a pile of slain Blackhand soldiers, while soldiers loyal to Brynn dismembered the corpses to ensure they were truly dead. He avoid being killed through sheer luck, then escaped back to his camp to rally his army. After five long years of devastating war, the war turned in Brendan's favour, and he managed to besiege Breakwater Fort. Brendan did not personally lead the siege of the castle, leaving the task to his commanders. After the battle was one, one of Brendan's commanders presented him with the head of Brynn Blackhand impaled on a spear. Brendan had the commander stripped of his position, and had the head and body buried with honours. At the feast celebrating his victory a few days later, Brendan excused himself halfway through, retiring to his tent. He then refused to participate the tourney organized a few months later, causing rumours to spread that he was secretly a coward, and the man who had fought during the civil war was another man being paid to wear Brendan's armour.

Brendan stripped the Thorns and Longtooths of much of their land, keeping some for himself and granting some to the clans that had fought for him. For the past three decades Brendan has kept the peace in Artana, slowly rebuilding from the death and destruction caused by the war. However, with the death of Empress Artemis, he worries that Terra will fall into strife, and drag Artana back into chaos. Brendan has left Artana for the Imperial City to oversee the ascension of a new monarch, leaving his children and wife at Breakwater Fort.
RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=421433&p=32379190#p32379190
viewtopic.php?p=34647166#p34647166
viewtopic.php?p=28598332#p28598332
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Utceforp on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 am

Finished my app. viewtopic.php?p=35138202#p35138202

Utceforp wrote:and refusing to speak of the Artanni civil war.

Do not mention the War!
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:06 am

Bla Ary wrote:

Nah, don't worry, I'm not a bandit, so I should be safe.

Just a wandering mage, studying the the realms beyond this one.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

BURN THE WITCH!!!
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:12 am

Tasuirin wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

BURN THE WITCH!!!

FUCK!

But I sealed the Damned Lord!

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:29 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:BURN THE WITCH!!!

FUCK!

But I sealed the Damned Lord!

"I always liked having the embodiment of evil and death himself as our overlord."
*mutters of agreement*
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse