NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:50 am

Tasuirin wrote:Oh heck it all, I have time. I'll do my app now.

APPLICATION:

Name: Ɲiçiŧe Ɲakēt-Xhāçiŧ (Nichithe Nakeet-Xhaachith, Nichithe Leaf-Walker), Çīhas Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h (Chief of the Tribe of the Forest)
Sex: Male
Race: Lizardfolk
Appearance: Nichithe Leaf-Walker is a tall specimen of the Lizardfolk species. Though with somewhat duller scales than his youth, he still holds the vigour and vitality in appearance of a fighter within the tribe. He strides tall, with his long tail following behind him. He has the look of an intellectual and a wise man, with curious eyes a shade of lime green, slit pupils and the tattoos of the scholarly and educated on his back. He wears a ceremonial kilt, one embroidered with Lizardfolk lettering and symbols of the tribe.
Personality: Nichithe is considered the wisest within the Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h village. He is oft called upon to act as a mediator in disputes, and to lend his ear to the people of the Tribe of the Forest and other Lizardfolk tribes nearby. He is highly skeptical of all claims until presented with evidence, especially from those he considers untrustworthy, such as all "higher" species (humans or anything that could pass for them). He is, for reasons stated below, highly xenophobic, prioritising the safety of his tribe over nebulous concepts of 'peace'. However, he considers many other Lizardfolk tribes to be his to protect as well, largely because of the horrors he has witnessed from oppressive humans. Though he enjoys responsibility, the stresses of it can take their toll on him.
Skills: Nichithe is one of only a few Lizardfolk who can read human languages. He can also speak them, though due to the difference in physical structure of the Human and Lizardfolk mouths, he is unable to pronounce some sounds (approximants like "w", "y", "r" or "l" most prominently, though he can simulate some of those with other sounds. He has some issues with bilabials, but less issues than the approximants). He is a skilled negotiator and diplomat, also adept at solving issues within the tribe, and is known to be an inspiring leader and public speaker. He has knowledge of a number of topics, but is usually only passing rather than in-depth for each one. He is an expert swimmer, being very fast in the water thanks to his tail, and also has a great deal of natural hunting ability. He has sharp claws and teeth, good for assisting with fighting, and he also possesses knowledge in fighting with polearms. Like most Lizardfolk, he is adept at climbing, however he is quite a way above the rest from his childhood experiences looking for enemies, thus earning him the nickname "Leaf-Walker".
House: No house.
Loyalties: The Lizardfolk race, the Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h tribe.
Biography:
Nichithe was born into another tribe, one far away from the forest-tribe where he now resides. This tribe had a lot of communication with humans, and was generally considered amongst the richer Lizardfolk tribes. As such, Nichithe was given an education far surpassing most Lizardfolk, with a deep understanding of Lizardfolk traditions and culture, but also a high level of understanding of the human world. Though he lived in a tribe of only Lizardfolk, traders would often visit, trading wares and materials which the Lizardfolk had aplenty - woods, medicinal plants, meats, pelts, other goods often found in forests. The tribe flourished, and the communication between races was seen as a good thing by all involved. The tribe comprised part of the Empire, and was pleased to do so.

However, when Nichithe was fifteen, the traders came by demanding something else. They had enjoyed the deer pelts, ferret pelts, ermine pelts, all kinds of pelts which had made an impact on the style and economy of the Empire, but a new trend was sweeping the upper classes of the Empire - Lizardfolk skins. At first, the tribe attempted to pass off smaller lizards for their skins, but soon enough, the traders came back realising their "trick". This time, though, the traders came with soldiers, men with technology surpassing that of the small tribe. Nichithe was sent off hastily with other children from the tribe, only looking back to see the forests aflame and his family, friends, whole tribe killed.

He and the other children continued to trudge through forests. It soon became obvious that the group, had it remained headless, would not have succeeded in reaching any other tribe, and so Nichithe, through charisma and the fact that he was indeed older than the others, took the job. He used techniques mixing both human knowledge and Lizardfolk lore to find a way through the forests to another tribe, until finally, they came across the tribal markings of the Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h tribe. This tribe was far more backwards than the tribe in which Nichithe had lived, and it really showed - the populace was uneducated, disorganised, with a chief who was old and did not want to compromise Lizardfolk ideals at all, especially not to human ones. However, Nichithe and the other children of the old tribe were given permission to settle there, joining the tribe as they did so. Nichithe took this to mean something slightly different. He took the children of his old tribe together to form an elite guard unit for himself and the tribe, the Şīçīŧīťɛ, or "the expelled". The old Chief did not believe the human threat to be real, wondering why Nichithe formed such a guard unit at all. Slowly, however, the populace of the tribe began accepting Nichithe's ideology - one of violently defending against humans.

When the Chief died, as Nichithe was only 21, the tribe elected him Chief. His first orders of business were to begin educating, mobilising and preparing to defend the tribe. Nichithe saw it as his sworn duty to ensure that all members of the tribe were accounted for at all times, each given positions based on their skills and centrally controlled with the help of his Şīçīŧīťɛ guard. Most within the tribe see his reign, still ongoing, as one of immense prosperity and advancement, and Nichithe himself as a benevolent leader, one whose knowledge of human custom is valuable and whose diplomatic prowess is useful for keeping order without violence. So successful has his rule been that numerous Lizardfolk, hearing of his prosperity, have already joined the tribe, making it one of the largest Lizardfolk tribes on Terra.

RP Example:
  1. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=452127
  2. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=453144
  3. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=456419
#SeizeTheThrone
Do Draconians pass for human in your ideals or are we a distinct species?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:51 am

Woodstovia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, I know the solution to your problems: just behead the corrupt. Works in my army.

Then I'd lop my own head off

Don't. Behead the corrupt, but not yourself or those useful to you.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:55 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Do Draconians pass for human in your ideals or are we a distinct species?

You'd definitely be classed as distinct by Nichithe, though whether or not you'd actually be accepted by him is another matter. Given that your character basically appears human (except for the wings), I'd say not without proving yourself to him.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:19 am

Rodez wrote:Tag. I’d love to be a peasant/yeoman revolutionary somewhere. Have any large cities been established in-canon?

There's the Imperial City, and (I will go into more detail in my actual app) the city of Briar Hill in southwestern Artana.
Signatures are so 2014.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:41 am

tag
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:tag

Hey goyim tell our friends in the FoA to swarm this place up like the Tyranids on Tyran.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 am

No peasant can pillaged my wine trade. Vampire doesn't like his wine trade being cut off
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:42 am

Union Princes wrote:No peasant can pillaged my wine trade. Vampire doesn't like his wine trade being cut off

Wine being?
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 am

Union Princes wrote:No peasant can pillaged my wine trade. Vampire doesn't like his wine trade being cut off

Ah, the benefits of living at the bottom of the sea.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:12 am

I'll finish a final review and update the Lore Post, Roster, and other stuff at some point today.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:32 am

Wine is Red Wine, or Blood Wine if you go by local dialect.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 am

Union Princes wrote:Wine is Red Wine, or Blood Wine if you go by local dialect.

Hello. Would you like to join my army?
Please Watch

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am

I'm not a peasant. My character is a vampire landed knight

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Palatine Guard

Exclusively a palace guard, this modest in size force was created 400 years ago to police grounds around the imperial palace and various important government buildings of high importance and most importantly the Empreror/Empress(nowdays the members of the Grand Order of the Throne) and their immediate family.

Unlike the smaller ceremonial and elitist heavy armoured spear-wielding soldiers of the Imperial Guard; their function is not of decorative nature. Drawn exclusively from the lower freedmen classes across the Empire(except the capital itself), they are selected for having no loyalties outside the people whom control the throne. Provided a stipend and allowances for their equipment, they serve for 20 years - any promotion is based on seniority of service. During hours reserved for audiences, the guardsmen are standing in the antechamber of the imperial apartments, not visual to the public even at formal occasions, while the Imperial Guard sits on either side of the throne as befitted to their status.

The Palatine Guards are said to be fearless and their loyalty to the empire absolute; a testament of their harsh training, their very discipline surpasses even the value of their lives - cowardice leads to execution. Brutality of certain members is infamous, holding absolute power over commoners whom must tread carefully in the wake of such license or risk great danger to themselves and their loved ones since the guardsmen are above legal approach.

Made a small adversary to the Inquisitorial Order :lol:
Last edited by Barratistan on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Union Princes wrote:I'm not a peasant. My character is a vampire landed knight

As in, would you like to help me?
Please Watch

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:53 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: High Duke Valerius XXXIII Velira, Protector of the North-Eastern Lands and Seas, Warden of the Black Forests, Lord of the Icy Keep and the Iron Mountains, Master of the City of the Fang
Race: Human
Appearance:Image Is 6'2
Personality:While one would expect the Lord of a place called Icy Keep to be a frigid person he is quite the opposite and is noted to be a kind ruler to his subjects, if a bit distant, and acts much the same in his private affairs, though he does play the part for public events outside of his lands. He dryly notes that his younger sister inherited more of the aspects of ice than he did. However he is absolutely loyal to a fault and would never betray an ally. But under that is someone who is a complete autocrat and believes firmly in the bonds of master and servant where the master is unquestioned and obeyed but returns that service with protection and support of the servant. But it is clear the lord must be unquestioned by all unless the servant truly believes they are bringing something that escaped the lord's attention to their attention. This results in someone who thinks highly of social bonds and also frowns severely upon any breaking of that bond.
Skills:Ice Mage
Good Tactician
Skilled Swordsman
Passable Spearman
Talented administrator
House: Velira
Loyalties: Due to the extinction of House Regine he has no loyalties to any besides his family and the Empire itself. This effectively means that he would not support anyone on the basis of blood ties to the old family and instead which would execute their legacy best. If he finds a worthy heir to their legacy he will unfailingly support them but if not then it is quite possible that he would toss his own hat into the ring to seize the throne in order to ensure the continuation of that legacy, at least for a time. He keeps his thoughts to himself so it is unknown to larger society who he will support if anyone.

Biography:
To cover some of the history of the House and their lands suffice to say House Velira is an ancient family, so old in fact there is probably just as much forgotten as there is remembered. What is remembered though is that their line stretches back to the early days of the Empire and their rule of their lands for just as long. Their records show that their House's position in their lands started under the man who would be known as Valerius I Velira, a notable ice mage and knight in the court of the Emperor, and someone who had his ear as a trusted protector. One day he was tasked by the Emperor to take as many men as he needed and to wage war against the original inhabitants of the land his family now rules, that being the wolfmen, werewolves, and other feral creatures of what would come to be called the Black Forests (named such because it is said that deeper in the forests the trees grow so close that it is completely black in there even during midday, also called such because of legends of great and terrible monsters that dwell in the depths of it) and the Dwarves of the Iron Mountains, for the first two groups they had been deemed as unintelligent animals (and many of them were indeed just that, feral animals) who must be wiped out or tamed and for the latter they must understand the dominance of humans. The other monsters of the forests were also hunted during this.

The war between the Mage Velira and the creatures of the forest is still told to this day, stories of valor and heroism against monsters great and terrible. But eventually he managed to carve out something of a victory and established villages and cities for people to live there and the land to become colonized. The dwarves living under the Iron Mountains fought a brief campaign and lost quickly to the Mage so they negotiated with the first Velira lord and agreed to become his vassals, in exchange he granted them considerable autonomy but it was made clear that they would always be second class citizens and owe their freedom to him, that agreement has remained mostly the same in the thousands of years since then, though their troops are formidable shock troops. The Mage was granted the land by the Emperor and took upon the title of High Duke, his duties were clear, to protect the coasts in his land, to try to contain the creatures (basically monsters) of the Black Forests and to generally manage the land and turn it into a land of productivity.

Nowadays the land is an isolated place with long winters and short summers or, in some areas, just winter. Economically the land is prosperous in its own way with a strong timber industry and weapon industry (primarily the dwarves), however they are dependent upon hunting and fishing for food supplies seeing as the winters are too long and the summers are too short to have much agriculture, this leads to them actually having a large amount of fishing ships to fish the seas and also no small amount of imports of the food kind in its southern areas before that is shipped out to the rest of the area on roads that are patrolled by militia or the standing guard, life is generally hard for the common person and hard work is expected. It also means that, especially in the villages, a lot of menfolk are skilled hunters, trappers, and trackers as well as most being part of the militia for their villages. There are only a few cities, most of them built around and within stone fortresses constructed during the conquest, and many villages which can be summed up into three categories, seaside, forest, and plains. The plains are the smallest group as often there is little reason to build a village there while the villages by the sea and the forest are about equal in number though the seaside ones have larger populations. As for the cities, as mentioned, there are a few but the capital city of the territory is known as the City of the Fang, named such because it is said that the city was founded on the site where the Mage Velira slew the largest werewolf ever seen and that its fang is still buried deep in the earth on that spot (attempts to look for it is illegal), it is close to the primary entrance to the Iron Mountains.

The largest fortress in House Velira's lands, and the home of the family is a massive fortress known as the Icy Keep, it was constructed by order of the first High Duke and was built into the Iron Mountains and from its walls one can see the City of the Fang and the primary entrance into the Iron Mountains. Why it is called such is because when it was completed the Mage enchanted the walls of the fortress to be covered in ice on the outside as he thought it would look better that way. The enchantment is maintained by generations of Velira mages or by ice mages they hire if there are not enough of them. The fortress is occasionally expanded but it mostly means adding additional rooms inside the part that is inside the mountain. Despite the fact the walls are frozen the enchantment doesn't stretch inside and serfs make an effort to ensure it stays at livable temperature. Inside it is well decorated with furs and dwarven craft with most rooms that one would expect from a noble's castle, a throne room, feasting room, smaller dining room, a library, trophy cases everywhere, furs and tapestries, kitchens, spare bedrooms, all that.

The war with the wolfmen, werewolves, and other monsters from the forests continues to this day as it seems though no matter how many campaigns are fought and won they just keep coming back, this leads to the society being fairly militarized and wary of outsiders (though it also means they have a good fur industry and unfortunately, in their opinion, the Inquisition taking notice and investigating the forests themselves). Not that they already weren't wary since the land is derided by many as backwards and superstitious as the inhabitants in its isolated villages and cities cling to the old ways, time moves slower than the seasons when it comes to traditions and customs and most people tend to prefer to keep it that way, that goes doubly so for the dwarves of the Iron Mountains, and all of them place deep value in pacts and blood and those pacts are arguably what holds their societies and villages together. They are however a hardy people and are well known for their loyalty and honesty making the ones who do leave their land valuable mercenaries and aides and they have a strong military if they mobilized the militias into one army and the dwarven auxiliaries.

This loyalty is well known especially in political circles as loyalty to the throne, to their lords, and whoever they signed a contract with, is culturally ingrained into them, to the extent that they have been compared to the wolves they hunt and fight (it is a rarity for a member of their society to not at least consider a contract to be valuable) and they embrace this calling any army that marches out of their lands in support of the Imperial Family a Wolf Pack. This also means it isn't unheard of that if chaos happens in the capital or something tries to overthrow the Imperial Family they would be the first to mobilize or the people would start going south themselves. In a sense House Velira and the people of their lands view themselves as protectors of the Empire. Now that the Imperial Family is extinct it is almost a cultural crisis for them and there is no small amount of debating on what this should mean. Opinions branch into three rough categories, the first group states that House Velira and their lands should remain neutral and support whoever is chosen unconditionally, the second group calls for House Velira to try to claim the throne and hold the Empire together, the third group, and their line of thought is almost an anathema to their culture, advocate for secession from the Empire as their loyalty to it was based off of House Regine still existing and since it doesn't anymore they no longer are bound to the Empire.

Born as the first son of High Duke Logan XII Velira, Valerius has been groomed for leadership practically since the day he was born, being taught by his father swordplay, how to command troops, administration, economics, and, thanks to him inheriting the family gift, how to utilize his ice magic. This meant growing up he was always a studious child and really had few friends, besides his younger sister who he is close to, which makes him a bit socially awkward. Due to the death of his father in an accident seven years ago he assumed the position of High Duke and has carried out several reforms, statements, or programs in his realm, most notably increasing the tax on owning slaves, the issuance of a doctrine supporting serfdom, increasing the rights of dwarves living in his lands, establishing programs for the relief of his poorer subjects, allocating money to roadbuilding, and, most notably, increasing the size of the size of the standing guard, refitting certain ships of the fleet in his territories as well as reforms to doctrine, weaponry, and mobilization tables as well as military patrols to watch out for bandits. Despite occasional marriage negotiations dating back to when he was a child he remains unmarried so his younger sister Helen is his heir.

Of course when he became High Duke he personally went to the Imperial Court to swear fealty to the Empress as all of his predecessors did before him but beyond that he has rarely been seen at court and when he is seen there he isn't the most talkative person, but was noted to be a good listener by those who do talk to him during that. He is however someone who has done his best to keep a close eye on court affairs and is at least present for most major court events. When he is away at court he often leaves matters of managing the province to his younger sister or great-uncle.

Privately he absolutely detests slavery but that is part of the culture of his lands. Culturally his lands have had little use for slaves outside of the fishing ships and even then it is very rare as it wouldn't be difficult for the slave to launch a mutiny so slaves are extremely uncommon. Though their customs also means that if an outside enslaves someone from their lands and is caught the family of the enslaved get to decide what to do with them, being left for the wolves is of course a common punishment as is being blindfolded and walked into the Black Forest, there is a similar punishment for banditry. And, while it is legal, slavery is frowned upon in their polite society therefore it is often to your detriment to own slaves in the Velira lands. Serfdom however is viewed as part of the natural order and is perfectly acceptable, if not required as it aligns with their view on obligation.

Any accusations against his family that they resort to inbreeding to make sure magic stays existent in the family is emphatically denied and are labeled as simply another stereotype against his people.

RP Example: I have been gone for some time so pardon the quality
viewtopic.php?p=35131751#p35131751
viewtopic.php?p=35136148#p35136148
viewtopic.php?p=35138351#p35138351
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Erhialam
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Erhialam » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Kelerín Najaríldom'we (Keh-leh-REEN Nah-hah-REEL-dome-way)
Age: ~800? ( I don't know about Elf lifespan in this world, but for sure she is quite old for an Elf; this was working with about an 850 year estimate--I can adjust if necessary)
Sex: Female
Race: Wild Elf
Appearance: Image
Personality: Cold and aloof are two words that come to mind when describing Kelerín--without purposefully intending at all to cultivate the unearthly, menacing air one might expect of an old, blind Court Mystic, she carries it about her all the same, muttering to herself in tongues over runes cast upon hearthstones gone cold. Despite the utter scorn she bears for the tangled, guileful webs of court gossip and politics, she is aware that she would be in a unique position to influence them if ever she were ever inclined to; nobody thinks much of her when it comes to worldlier matters, so nobody is ever very careful about what little secrets they let slip when she is within earshot, thinking that perhaps she will find some way to put them to use someday.
Skills: divinatory magics, spiritualistic magics (curses/hexes as opposed to, say, elemental spells), some proficiency with natural arts (sleeping draughts and the like), insight on court intrigue despite a general distaste for it
House: Court Mystic to House Carnifex
Loyalties: Nominally loyal to House Carnifex due to her position in their fastness. She definitely regards them with a measure or two more of the quiet contempt she holds for noble houses in general due to their cruelty and abuse of the magical arts for direr ends, though. Would she be inclined to help a fellow elf out of remembrance of her fallen tribe? Perhaps. But she might be just as likely to leave the elf to their fate, for she was forced from that life a long time ago.
Biography:
To tell Kelerín's story, it would perhaps be useful to begin with the story of the Elves themselves of Gaia. The race of Alva'a, known in the Human tongue as Elves, were formed contemporarily, or nearly so, with humans in 30,000 BT, a race known as much for their ethereal beauty and grace as for their affinity for the arcane; the more high-minded Elves who are aware of history sometimes uphold the idea that the Gods themselves assisted with the creation of the first of the Alva'a rather than just being formed by the hands of the lesser Angeli, though such a claim is based on history that stretches so far back that very few of even the Elvenkind have been taught such things. Elves formed great and wondrous civilizations in parallel with their Human counterparts for millennia, with almost entirely peaceable relations between the two; although intermixture of their cultures was rare enough for the two to generally regard one another's denizens as exotic, there were no real conflicts large enough to be of any particular note. It should be noted that the Alva'a were among the most steadfast compatriots of Humans in their earliest conflicts with Daemons, though. Brithín'le Alatáni Elex'jalín, the High Queen of the Alva'a at the time (Elex'jalín being an Alva'an title often translated as "Starry Queen" from elex, "astral" and jalín, "queen"; "High Queen" does not entirely capture the term in translation, as it is typically regarded as having shades of spiritual significance, but it is the most common translation) was a noted ally of Mikhalux and his family. The first shades of unrest among the Alva'a began to crop up with the First Terran Crusade, when a notably-sized subset of Elvenkind began to worry that their race had been weakened by their prolonged reliance upon Humanity; the Alva'a joined humanity's efforts to repel the demons, but many did so with a sense of wariness about the consequences of such prolonged association with their Human allies by the time of the Second Crusade, worried that once the demon threat was ended, they would fall under Human control. This all came to a head in 0 AT, when roughly half of all the Alva'a submitted to the Empire, and roughly half clung fiercely and defiantly to the Old Ways. A dire magical event known as Mirjaxale'í, "the Sundering", resulted from the clashes between immensely powerful Elf mages on both sides and these two factions were split into two entirely separate races of Elves, Sarluun Alva'a, Wild Elves, and Briján Alva'a, the High Elves. Almost immediately, a kind of bloody 'civil war' broke out. At a higher
cost in blood and strife than they might have initially guessed, the combined forces of the High Elves and the Empire managed to force the Wild Elves to negotiate, and a compromise was reached to avoid further loss of life on all sides. All of the cities of the Alva'a of old would fall to the High Elves of the Empire. In exchange, the Wild Elves of Terra could live self-governed on certain fringes of the Empire and beyond and preserve the pure, unsullied Old Ways of Alva'a as they saw fit. A few clans of Sarluun were unwilling to make such a sacrifice to preserve the Old Ways and joined the Empire. Others assimilated into the non-Empire societies they encountered beyond the Empire's borders, such as the Isle of Artana. But the rest were so committed to the Old Ways that they accepted their Exile with pride and made their own way in the wildwoods of Terra. Twelve millennia passed; the lingering bitter taste of the Sundering left in the mouths of both sides leave some High Elves to view the Wild Elves as savages and some Wild Elves, in turn, to view their counterparts as traitors. But in truth, the races are generally indifferent to one another, as contact between them is mostly uncommon nowadays.

Kelerín was born among the Najaríl Clan of Wild Elves; while not many of her kinsfolk and the other members of her Clan had the arcane touch, it was more of a surprise to them how her power manifested itself during her childhood than the fact that it did at all. The small handful of other mages amongst the Najaríl were naturally attuned with birdsong and with the elements, but Kelerín discovered that her power was of a more divine, ethereal nature when, as a young girl playing amongst the embers of a Clanhall hearthfire, she found herself suddenly struck by a vision of oncoming danger as she stared at the smudges of black ash on the ground. As it turned out, scouts belonging to a group of bandits from over the border in Empire territory had stumbled across their dwelling places and figured they'd have better luck preying upon a group of Wild Elves without any reinforcements to call for than any of the guarded Empire outposts. Little Kelerín's foresight allowed the Najaríl to be entirely ready: when the raiders came, they were dispatched quickly with arrows from the trees, and hardly any Wild Elf came out of the encounter with a scratch. Her Clan began to rely on what suggestions she could make based on her fleeting visions, and she honed her skill helping them carve their humble existence in the wildwood as the centuries passed. An odd side effect of her channeling of the divine arcana over so many years was that, over time, her vision grew hazier and hazier.

Her simple life amongst her Clan was abruptly and violently drawn to a close one day as Kelerín was in her middle age; Lord Nataniel Carnifex, the sixth-great grandfather of Jonathan the Fourteenth, had heard rumor that a group of Wild Elves lived just beyond the borders of his realm and, after managing to guilefully convince his people of the threat that these savages might one day pose if left "unchecked", descendent with his army upon the Najaríl. In truth, it likely had more to do with the personal prosperity to be gained from catching rare Wild Elves to bring to the slaving block, but they came all the same. Kelerín would never know why her second sight failed her where it once had given her warning, but by the time her Clan could gather their wits, the Carnifex army was upon them, burning the Najaríl dwellings and the sacred trees with a thorough and cruel wantonness, slaughtering those who stood and fought and dragging away in chains the young and those who could fight no more. Her Clan killed a rather impressive number of soldiers, even majorly wounding Lord Nataniel himself, but there simply was not enough time to prepare an adequate defense. The Najaríl were obliterated. Kelerín herself was spared because Lord Carnifex, being attuned to the arcane arts, was able to sense her power. The elemental mages of the Najaríl concerned him little, for he had plenty of access to fire-slinging battlemages and beastmasters, but this nearly-blind harridan was another thing entirely. He gave the woman a choice between swearing to serve him and his house for the rest of her life or being bound to the pyre of her smoking Clan members and dying with the smell of their charred flesh hanging in a miasma about her as she was charred alive beside them. Many Sarluun would choose the latter option out of sheer, stubborn pride, and Kelerín knew this. But she chose to serve, for what good was pride now? It was her first step on the slow road to utter scorn and cynicism.

And so Lord Nataniel gained a Court Mystic, a soothsayer and spiritual adviser that few Houses at the time could boast. Many of the Court Mystics held at the time were far lesser mages whose predictions and advice were little more than droll little party tricks that played to the vanity of the Lords who owned them. Lord Carnifex, however, knew that Kelerín was something far better than that, and kept her very close at hand, so to speak. Her predictions of which maneuver of politics or military would prove most advantageous to him always proved sound, and many of Nataniel Carnifex's victories rested at least partially on advice she had given, or else on the enemy's weakened state of mind caused by a curse Kelerín had cast. Lord Carnifex also discovered an added bonus of Kelerín's ownership was that he could tap into her spirit from time to time and drain it to power his own arcana. Kelerín always found the process excruciating, but was hardly in any position to protest. The only thing that kept him from doing it more often was that it always made it more difficult for her to serve him as a Mystic immediately afterwards.

And so time passed; as she tapped more and more into the divine arcana, Kelerín's golden eyes were completely drawn over with film, which at last grew so thick that her iris was completely glazed over and her eyes turned to milky spheres. As her second sight drained the strength of her first, the cruelty of the House of Carnifex drained whatever hope she once carried. It occurred to her at some point down the years that, as she had passed from the hands of Lord to heir in the Carnifex line, so too might her Najaríl Clan-mates still be living in slavery, denied the comparatively quick release of the grave afforded to a human slave. But with this realization came its dull, hollow echo from somewhere inside her: it no longer mattered what became of the other Najaríl. No tears of sorrow, no rousing urge to free them, not even heightened outrage towards the Carnifexes--just more of the cold scorn she always felt, and nothing more.

Kelerín now serves Lord Jonathan in the same capacities she did his forebears, and while part of her is tempted to pass off the recent death of the Empress as little more than the herald of another round of court politics, she knows that this is not really the case, that the death of the last Regine will usher in a new era in the history of the Empire. And crouched below the Carnifex throne, she knows that she will be in a unique position to shape some part of it. But for now, she will serve Carnifex, and she will continue to listen to whispered secrets, to hoard them amongst the brittle animal bones and carved runestones of her craft as she has done for over a century.

RP Example:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=433517
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=429417
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=399473

#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Erhialam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - The great Terry Pratchett

~
Erhialam is also known as Interstellar Australia. Apparently.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:"Ice."

Houston we have a problem.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:32 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Siona Willun, The Black Raven.
Sex: Female
Appearance:

Siona is rather tall for a woman, standing at 5 geet 10 inches. However, she is a little thin, at 138 lbs.
Personality: Intelligent, calm, cool and collected. Siona is a loner at heart, and tends to keep to herself, though she is not cruel. She in fact abhor's needless violence and cruelty. She holds no ill will to non human races, despite her quiet, withdrawn personality is a kind person at heart, and does what she can to try and make the world a better place.
Skills: Siona is a talented fighter. She is skilled in swordsmanship, but her real talents lie in magic. Siona is an accomplished mage, with a strong knowledge in summoning and destruction magic. Though she is by no means a master, she is easily on par with mages from magical colleges, though with the added benefit of actual real world experience.
House: No house, just a wanderer.
Loyalties: Siona does not support House Carnifex. Though for much of her life she has been more concerned with learning the ways of magic, she has become increasingly radicalised against the Empire and House Carnifex. If one who opposes House Carnifex and the Empire approaches her, Siona will probably take the job.
Biography: Siona Willun was born on the day her mother died, in a small, cold town on the northern coast. Her father always felt that it was Siona's fault his wife died. But still, despite the resentment he felt for his only child taking away his wife, he was still an honorable man and vowed to raise her. He was a sellsword, but couldn't travel with mercenary bands with an infant daughter, and so he instead signed on as a guard for a travelling caravan of Rotha, an ethnic group who often made their livings as traders, merchants and entertainers. In this caravan, Siona found herself being raised by actors, rogues and merchants more so than her father. In particular, a family named Maadran who owned a nice covered wagon became much more like her real family, after Siona's father left her with them while he worked. She grew up with their children, was fed by their mother, and was taught how to trade by their father. She loved the Maadran's, and the Maadran's loved her. Though ethnically she was not Rosha, she was raised Rosha, and their values of kindness, curiosity and wanderlust where imparted onto her.

She was a smart child, and was well loved by her family of drifters and rogues, who all made sure she was fed and happy. She played with the other children, quickly establishing herself as their unofficial leader, and began to lead them on various missions to get sweets whenever they were in a town. They would steal from food carts, sneak into farms and steal chickens, and steal what few coins local children had by hustling them in various childhood games. In the towns their families visited for trade, the children of the caravan, and Siona in particular, were hated. There were many occasions when local guards and angry shopkeepers would tan the hides of the kids, but as far as Siona was concerned, there was safety in numbers for them. A shopkeeper could only catch one of them at a time, and with fifteen or so kids it greatly increased ones chance to escape with their plunder of sweet rolls and apples.

One day, when Siona was 10, her father took her aside and informed her that it was time he taught her to use a sword. She hated it, and her father was far from forgiving for her missteps while he taught her to fight with sticks. If she made a mistake, that was too bad, and he would bring his blows home with the same force as if she was a soldier in training. It made her want to win even more, and as she grew and got better, every time (though they were few and far between) she managed to hit her father back was a small victory. He not once congratulated her.

However, as she trained with the sword with her father, she learned something else about herself. She found that she could set things alight with her mind, or cause the leaves on tree's to freeze and wither. It scared her, and she was worried she would be seen as a freak, until she went to Ms Maadran, who told her that what she was doing was magic. Ms Maadran was a mage, though not a very proficient one, and when she wasn't out running with the other children or training with her father, Ms Maadran was helping to teach her to control her magic. It was slow going at first, but eventually she managed to learn to keep her magic in check, and began to buy (or often times steal) books on magic from local towns. She would practice on her own when the caravan was stopped, learning to control the wind, create fire at her fingertips, and chill the air around her. It made her feel powerful, and like she had a purpose. And one day, she even managed to summon a spirit animal, a black Raven.

When Siona was 17, she continued to travel, trade and swindle, but had grown sick of the passive aggressive and increasingly toxic relationship with her father. The training he insisted on continually left her covered in welts, and his lack of attention given to her as she grew up had left a mark on her opinion on the man who still insisted he had been the one to raise her, when in reality it had been the kindly Maadran family with the wagon who had. One day, as they trained, her frustration finally snapped. After her father had knocked her down one to many times in a single day, Siona stood, parried his next blow, and blasted him across the camp with a rush of wind. She flipped a small wagon, and toppled the stage back for the production the troupe was putting on. It was a moment of truth for her, one where she truly learned what it was that she was capable of. She did not speak to her father after that, but made her decision. It was time to leave.

Siona's goodbye was a painful one for most, as the caravan had come to love her for her mischievous nature. She always brought a little extra experience to their lives, and one never knew what kind of trouble she would bring on them next. But it was almost always fun. She hugged the Maadran family, who had become her true family, especially Ms Madraan who cried and insisted on sending Siona with plenty of home cooked food. She took one of her fathers swords with her. He protested, but did nothing to try and stop her. She knocked around with the guards, before giving them all hearty hugs. Margrub, the only orc she knew who would openly cry, cried. With a wave over her shoulder, Siona set out on her own for the first time. Come sunset, a horse approached her from the direction she had come, her father sitting atop it. Siona met him in the middle of the road, and though they never exchanged a word, he extended his hand and she shook it. That was the last time she saw him.

Siona walked the roads, making her way north again the to the town where was born in. It was cold, colder than she expected, but a place where she was quickly welcomed when she told the people who her mother had been. Apparently, though she had never known it, her mother was the daughter of a rich merchant family in town, and had run off with her father in what had been a big scandal. They were called the Allescredts, and welcomed Siona into their home with open arms, showering her in gifts and attention. She liked it at first, especially the admiration they gave her for her magical ability, but soon she grew tired of it. It all felt superfluous and cheap, and was an apparent use of her presence to prove to the townspeople how good and kindhearted they were. But, there was one good thing that came form the Allescredts, and that was Josah Whels. He was an old and accomplished mage, a master of summoning, the magic school that Siona hoped to learn. Josah was kindly and understanding, and the two shared a mutual dislike of the Allescredts, only remaining in their household for the advantages it brought them. He encouraged Siona to leave, as she was still young and spry, and able to walk the roads.

Josah taught Siona for a year, helping her learn the ways of summoning. Siona learned to bring forth weapons from air, summon creatures from other realms, and signed a contract with Ravens, her spirit animal that allowed her to summon them to her at any time. She was informed by Josah that, had she been attending a magical college, she would likely be at the rank of adept at this point, and that if she wanted too, she could become a great mage. And then one day, a year and a half after Siona had arrived in the north, Josah died. He was an important part of the Allescredts household, giving them an air of mystery and advising them on many things, so his loss was a big hit for the house. They buried him like a king, and Siona said goodbye. She gathered up a fine cloak gifted to her, her sword and a pack full of books and scrolls, and set out into the cold northern winter, when the sun never rose and the Aurora shined in the sky. She promised to write the Allescredts, but never did. She didn't like them enough.

Siona traveled far and wide in the coming years, using her skills as a mage to earn her money. She grew colder, but never crueler, and took every opportunity that presented itself to learn. Much of her time was spent as a guard for caravans, just as her father had done, but she did much much more. She visited the campuses of the magical colleges, and read through their libraries. Many of the books she acquired she stole from those places, and she delighted in showing off to the mages there. But she never enrolled, preferring the wanderers lifestyle. After all, it was how she was raised. She wandered from town to town, and learned the ways of Dream Walking, to reach beyond the pale into the Realm of the Dead. She made contracts with spirits and creatures, summoned storms from the north, and in a particularly dramatic adventure sealed the soul of a long dead Barrow Lord called the Damned Lord, taking it on as her own personal summon. However, with no caravan of her own, life was lonely. She forgot how to interact with people outside of business deals, and grew detached from humanity. She was alone, and though she had seen the snow covered north and the vineyards of the south, it did not change the fact that she had no one left, and was lonely. On many occasions, she thought of tracking down the caravan of her childhood, and living out the rest of her days as a member of the Maadran family, as she had always been at heart. But, it just didn't feel right. At least, it wasn't the right time yet. She was too young, and there was to much to see and learn in the world still. One day though. One day, she would return.

Now, as the Empress has died and the future of the Empire is uncertain, all Siona knows is this. Though she is a cold wanderer, with few friends in the world, she can not sit back and watch as Carnifex destroys all the as good. She does not consider herself a hero, but she does consider herself good, and will do what she can to stand against those who would bring destruction and oppression to the world.

This is more for my benefit than anyone else, but if someone wants to know what Siona carried with her this is the place to looks.

- Iron Short Sword
- A steel dagger
- A few lockpicks
- Roughspun pants
- white cotton shirt
- Black silk cloak, with gold trimmings.
- x3 Changes of clothes
- Bronze earring
- x15 Coins
- Fine leather boots. (Now less fine, from all the walking Siona does.)
- Master Ias Alachi's Book of Spells (book)
- The Places Beyond, Studies Of The Wandering Sphere's And The Heavenly Bodies (book)
- The Book Of Shadows (Book)
- Jashe Miskatsonik's Book Of Creatures (Book)
- Wraith Scroll (Has the summoning spell for a wraith inside.)
- Raven Scroll (Contains Siona's contract with the Ravens, allowing her to summon them)
- Scroll Of Snow (Allows Siona to summon a blizzard from the north.)
- Writ of sealing (The sealed soul of an undead warlord from ancient times)
- Scroll of the Spirit (Allows Siona to summon a friendly spirit, who she has singed a contract with)
- Wolf scroll (A scroll that allows Siona to summon a spectral wolf)
- Bag of salt (for some spells.)
- Rabbits foot.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=35133928#p35133928
viewtopic.php?p=35127297#p35127297
viewtopic.php?p=35055191&sid=427bd449b59630d2eb03071d9f34a3b4#p35055191
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Sir Corryn Blackshield, Marshal of the Royal Army
Appearance:

Personality: A reserved, gruff, man, he is almost suicidally brave and willing to share the same conditions among his men. This makes him extremely popular.
Skills: An excellent tactician and fighter.
House: Blackshield
Loyalties: Corryn has no wish to engage in political scheming. His only wish is that the Terran Empire is held together and protected from outside foes.
Biography: Corryn was born into a family of lesser nobles as the third son in a dreary swampland. His mother died of malaria when he was five, and so Corryn was raised by a father who mostly ignored him in favor for Corryn's older brother. With no aptitude for magic and no interest in religion, Corryn quickly joined the military. He gained high marks at the Royal Military Academy, and went on to become a lieutenant in the Royal Army.
Corryn distinguished himself in battle after battle, slowly rising through the ranks. As his rank grew, his fame did as well. Corryn soon became one of if not the most famous men in the army, and recieved many awards from the Empress herself. Corryn was offered many titles and lands of extinct baronies and duchies, but he refused. He was not one for governing, and the acts of his father gave Corryn a strong distaste for the life of nobility.
Ten years ago, the Empress gave Corryn the highest rank he could achieve - Marshal of the Royal Army. Whoever held this illustrious post commanded the entire army, and it was only given to a few throughout history. As in the rest of his career, Corryn has served honorably in this post.
Now, Corryn is one of the key players in this game of crowns - and one of the only ones who does not seek the prize that others covet so dearly. The only thing Corryn strives for is the safety of his Empire.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=34790115#p34790115
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Nova Corina on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Union Princes wrote:I'm not a peasant. My character is a vampire landed knight

As in, would you like to help me?

That depends...

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:56 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:-Siona app-

How well known is Siona?
Last edited by Bla Ary on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:-Siona app-

How well known is Siona?

I would say she is like this worlds equivalent to an up and coming singer. She is not to well known, but has a solid base of people who know her and know of her skill as a mage, and her name is getting increasingly well known. Especially in mage and caravan circles.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 pm

The Vampire Counts of Ravyrnyra
and the Deathwatch Knights

Ravyrnyra was a small dagger at Terran Empire's side. It was a land of petty vampire lords viciously waging brutal campaigns of slaughter and domination unheard of elsewhere. It was the land of the survival of the fittest as its very worst. No roads were safe, no cave was unoccupied, and every castle and fortress was both a safe haven and an immediate target to any ambitious Vampire lord wishing for conquest. Peace was unheard of in Ravyrnyra since three wars sprang up for every one that ended. An endless cycle of ambition and treachery. It was no wonder that Ravyrnyra was affectionately called "No Man's Land" by the Terran Empire upon its infancy as no man could ever hope to cleanse such a bleak landscape.

Soon, the Terran Empire's worst fear became reality when the Vampire Counts were finally united under a fragile but terrifying banner of Drakula von Krieg, a vampire count who was a worshiper and practitioner of all that was unholy, as he proclaimed himself the Night King. Unfortunately for the Night King, the Terran Empire anticipated a vampire coronation and immediately launched a lightning strike into Ravyrnyra. Thus began the Nights of the Long Knives where the Humans attacked during the day and the Vampire Counts retaliated during the night. Due to decades or even centuries of warfare, Drakula and his Vampire Counts managed to bear the brunt of the damage of the numerous armies sent to crush his crown. A stalemate was formed as neither side was unwilling to budge a single inch of soil.

The Knights of the Long Knives finally ended when Drakula von Krieg was assassinated by one of his generals discontent with the stalemate plunging the Vampire Counts into another endless civil war. The Terran Empire was all to happy to let the unholy abominations destroy each other and promptly went home after establishing border patrols. Nearly 1,000 years later of squabbling, Ravyrnyra was again unified under Andrei von Schoff, a Vampire Count who manage to live 700 years of military experience. With the First Terran Crusade at its end, the Terran Empire turned its attention to Andrei, with renewed vigor to snuff out the Night King's ambition.

Despite all of his military intellect, the Vampire Counts were simply outnumbered and outmaneuvered as Ravyrnyra was slowly overrun by the forces of humanity. With his armies disintegrating and his own nobles plotting his overthrow, Andrei was going to surrender his crown and sword to House Regine to save his own life. It was shame then when his own bodyguard, the Deathwatch, was manipulated into killing him for treachery and defeatism by the Vampire Counts. That signaled the end to Vampire nobility as they were quietly purged and executed by their own vampire knights and retinue who then surrendered to the Terran Empire. The Conquest of Ravyrnyra marked a new chapter in Vampire history.

During the Civil Wars occurring in Ravyrnyra, two distinct social classes of Vampires emerged: Vampire Counts and the Blood Knights. The Vampire Counts, also known as Higher Vampires, are inherently selfish and ambitious as they desire nothing more than power and supremacy over beings that they deem lesser. Remorseless and motivated purely by their own desires, Higher Vampires are the epitome of unholiness as they delve into lustful desires, black magic, plot insidious acts behind closed doors. They love nothing more than to be feared and respected and their towers and castles reflect that mentality with the dark stone materials. The beauty of a Vampire Count cannot be understated as they rival even the fairest of maidens that existed in the world. Some of the more prideful ones claimed to be more beautiful than the gods themselves.
[floatleft]Image

The Blood Knights, known as Lesser Vampires by the Higher Vampires, are brutish creatures of the Vampire race. Made hideous by scars and years of warfare, Blood Knights are the finest warriors that any Vampire Count could command. Intrigue and diplomacy do not exist in their language as war is all they they know and all that they want to do. Extremely martial who value strength and experience, Blood Knights are the first and last line of defense Ravyrnyra has at its disposal. Indeed, so ignorant and inconsiderate the Vampire Counts are towards their Vampire brethren is that they constantly treat Blood Knights as nothing more than meatshields in armor, no matter what war they were fighting in. To say that Blood Knights relish war would be an overstatement. To say that Blood Knights didn't enjoy the reputation the Vampire Counts gave to them would be an understatement. Lesser Vampires loathed the disrespect their commanders have of them and constantly fought their hardest to gain the recognition that they would never receive. The only reason why Drakula and Andrei became the Night King was because the Blood Knights, not the Vampire Counts, supported them. At least they pretended that they cared about the plight of the Blood Knights.

In order to gain full loyalty of the Blood Knights of Ravyrnyra, Drakula formed the Blood Order of the Deathwatch Knights, the Deathwatch for short, a royal guard whose membership is exclusive to Lesser Vampires much to the dismay of the Vampire Counts. First, it started off as the Night King's personal bodyguard, but as its ranks began to swell, it transformed into a fully fledged military organization. A miniature army in its own right that answers directly to the Night King. Deathwatch Knights aren't fanatical, they're just more content serving under the Night King, therefore making them more trustworthy in the battlefield. Much to the frustration of the Vampire Counts who try to buy their loyalty in gold, Deathwatch Knights are incorruptible as gold and personal wealth are not their concern. After all, they could no longer believe in the lies of the High Vampires after serving under Drakula and Andrei. Respect is what they want and that is something the Higher Vampires could never give to a Lesser Vampire. The headquarters and fortress of the Deathwatch used to be Gallowkeep before it was granted ownership to House Grimm.

Nowadays, the Deathwatch is nothing more than a dormant vampire knightly order. Since the Vampire Counts are extinct and House Regine granting entrepreneurial freedom to the Blood Knights, members of the Deathwatch leave or join with the approval of another Deathwatch member. This is why sons inherited their fathers' positions as Deathwatch Knight when being knighted.

To anyone making Vampire Characters, I created some lore for us to share.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

... nobody want's to just be a human...
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse