NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
APPLICATION:

Name: Mako Mordue
Sex: Male
Race: Charcharion (Amphibious human like creatures with gills, worth noting they take extreme offense to the term "merfolk." They dry up in sunlight.)
Appearance:
Personality: Mako is a temperamental young man, with a passionate distaste for unwelcome authority. He despises large governing bodies, and has a firm belief in personal rights. He also believes he is the only one who can provide this for the Charcharions. He is a beloved figure, and a wise leader. He lacks diplomacy however, and only knows how to get his way by force. Faust is impatient, reckless, and dangerous.
Skills: Mako specializes in running his portion of the world, as he is the long running envoy for the Empire in the undersea.
House: None
Loyalties: Mako is the envoy of Atheo, the small undersea portion of the empire where the Charcharions reside. It is inhospitable to oxygen breathers, thus a new envoy is picked each year. Mako has no preference who holds the throne, so long as it allows him and his general to march on Atheo and claim it as their own. Atheo has long held a desire to break away since joining the empire to avoid war decades ago. Faust believes now is that time. He would prefer the new ruler be in good terms with Atheo however.
Biography: Faust was a peasant born in Atheo like all the Charcharion. He worked tirelessly farming for his family, growing seaweed en mass. He received no education, only learning how to barter and mange his resources wisely. Mako became a shrewd businessman as he grew into his teens. What started as a hobby making trades turned a couple of pieces of seaweed from his father into a few toys and games. Mako's father was impressed, as was the city's current enovy, a man named Thresh. Once a few years later once Mako had matured, Thresh saw that he had turned his collection into a small seaweed farm and managed to hire workers creating a small but thriving buisness venture.

Thresh decided to take Mako under his wing as apprentice, and taught him the ways of running the city and overseeing how to serve the Empire. He met the former empress many times, a woman he came to admire very much. He was dissapointed at her passing, especially as he had not gotten to Thresh's position yet and had hoped to gain recognition. Instead, her passing came and Thresh was filled with grief. It was with a heavy heart he pulled thresh aside to inform him of his own ulterior motives.

Thresh was dying, quickly. He needed an heir to his role, but Thresh had never intended for Mako to take his place as envoy. He had intended for Mako to take the security forces Atheo used and seize autonomy from the empire. He knew if the queen named no heir, then Jonathan would likely inherit the throne. And the ramifications of that where unknown. The time was now, and Mako was to be the one to lead in the time of change. Thresh gave Mako the location of a factory, where his engineers had made new equipment to upgrade the security force into a full fledged army. After a few more minutes on conversation, Thresh passed leaving Mako his sword, his banner, and his destiny.

Despite all this, Mako's own ambitions got to him, his ego inflating. Outside of Thresh's final resting place, he decided that in this time of unrest, stability would be necessary. Against his teachers wishes, Mako nulled the portion of the new governments founding documents establishing a senate and free elections. Mako had created his own benevolent dictatorship, giving himself supreme power once he and his new army took Atheo. He gathered his generals, spoke to his army, and down the main street they marched directly to the city capital.

RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=455211
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=448335
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=445639
#SeizeTheThrone

I'm willing to make edits as necessary, I know I probably stretched things.

My only issue is that it's unclear which capital he's marching to with his army; I think it's where he comes from, but I could be mistaken.

If you clear that up, I'm willing to accept this.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:35 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:So is it the Draconian species or the location and culture that's the problem?

I think it'd be for the best if you did the Draconians as half-humans/half-Dragonborn, as that could occur. It'd also be unlikely for non-humans, culturally and location-wise, to be recruited as Generals even with impressive feats. At best, the Empress could have welcomed him into the Imperial Court - a high honor when serving the Empire, which would not necessarily equate him with a Lord or Lady of a major noble House, but would still make him notable.

Alright, I'm fine with that. Will Draconia still be a canon location and culture?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:39 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: General Liecsturn V von Draconia-Sterpol
Race: Draconian. Basically a mix of dragonborn and human.
Appearance: Image
Personality: Aggressive, Cunning, Dominant, Intimidating, Violent, Determined, Stalwart, Stubborn. He will often take tactics which make no sense to anyone else, but are carefully calculated. His combat style is one of overpowering, not speed. His way of war is often one known for its brutality and ruthless nature; he is feared by many as the bringer of death, like his father. He has no respect for those who are born into wealth and power, only those who truly show competence.
Skills: Battle strategy, combat, exceptional strength, intimidation, cunning
House: Head of the von Draconia-Sterpol house, one of military generals and a military general.
Loyalties: Has no loyalities but to himself
Biography:
Born to the old, powerful yet small house of Draconia-Sterpol, he grew up to a military education, sparring with his brother in long and hard duels, some which could even last for hours. His brother was his greatest friend and he still is, however, his brother, at one point, almost died on the battlefield during a war a long time ago. His brother told him to leave him, and so he did. He still does not know whether his brother is still alive or not, but he fears the worst. Anyway, back to Liecsturn. After training hard and long during his childhood (of which he remembers little of), he, as is customary, fought the Draconia-Persnacht's (their rival house) heir to the death, and so he did, and won, but took a devestating blow to the head, leading to him losing many of his childhood memories. After this, he got accepted by the Emperess as a commander, following his father's request and her assessment. He soon proved himself to be a worthy asset, even becoming a war advisor to the Empress, due to his amazing combat skills and great head for tactics. He fought several wars for many years, earning both the respect and fear of many people in the Empire. After the death of the Empress and the Empire, he rounded up his soldiers, and got ready to find someone worthy of the throne. However, he may declare himself a military dictator if he is discontent with all candidates.

RP Example:
https://www.nationstates.net/region=the ... #p33907563
https://www.nationstates.net/page=displ ... #p33840835
https://www.nationstates.net/page=displ ... tart=26275 (The World Capitalist Confederation ones are mine. From an old nation. Will provide more if needed)
#SeizeTheThrone
[
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:45 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
APPLICATION:

Name: Mako Mordue
Race: Charcharion (Amphibious human like creatures with gills, worth noting they take extreme offense to the term "merfolk." They dry up in sunlight.)
Appearance:
Personality: Mako is a temperamental young man, with a passionate distaste for unwelcome authority. He despises large governing bodies, and has a firm belief in personal rights. He also believes he is the only one who can provide this for the Charcharions. He is a beloved figure, and a wise leader. He lacks diplomacy however, and only knows how to get his way by force. Faust is impatient, reckless, and dangerous.
Skills: Mako specializes in running his portion of the world, as he is the long running envoy for the Empire in the undersea.
House: None
Loyalties: Mako is the envoy of Atheo, the small undersea portion of the empire where the Charcharions reside. It is inhospitable to oxygen breathers, thus a new envoy is picked each year. Mako has no preference who holds the throne, so long as it allows him and his general to march on Atheo and claim it as their own. Atheo has long held a desire to break away since joining the empire to avoid war decades ago. Faust believes now is that time. He would prefer the new ruler be in good terms with Atheo however.
Biography: Faust was a peasant born in Atheo like all the Charcharion. He worked tirelessly farming for his family, growing seaweed en mass. He received no education, only learning how to barter and mange his resources wisely. Mako became a shrewd businessman as he grew into his teens. What started as a hobby making trades turned a couple of pieces of seaweed from his father into a few toys and games. Mako's father was impressed, as was the city's current enovy, a man named Thresh. Once a few years later once Mako had matured, Thresh saw that he had turned his collection into a small seaweed farm and managed to hire workers creating a small but thriving buisness venture.

Thresh decided to take Mako under his wing as apprentice, and taught him the ways of running the city and overseeing how to serve the Empire. He met the former empress many times, a woman he came to admire very much. He was dissapointed at her passing, especially as he had not gotten to Thresh's position yet and had hoped to gain recognition. Instead, her passing came and Thresh was filled with grief. It was with a heavy heart he pulled thresh aside to inform him of his own ulterior motives.

Thresh was dying, quickly. He needed an heir to his role, but Thresh had never intended for Mako to take his place as envoy. He had intended for Mako to take the security forces Atheo used and seize autonomy from the empire. He knew if the queen named no heir, then Jonathan would likely inherit the throne. And the ramifications of that where unknown. The time was now, and Mako was to be the one to lead in the time of change. Thresh gave Mako the location of a factory, where his engineers had made new equipment to upgrade the security force into a full fledged army. After a few more minutes on conversation, Thresh passed leaving Mako his sword, his banner, and his destiny.

Despite all this, Mako's own ambitions got to him, his ego inflating. Outside of Thresh's final resting place, he decided that in this time of unrest, stability would be necessary. Against his teachers wishes, Mako nulled the portion of the new governments founding documents establishing a senate and free elections. Mako had created his own benevolent dictatorship, giving himself supreme power once he and his new army took Atheo. He gathered his generals, spoke to his army, and down the main street they marched directly to the city capital.

RP Example:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=455211
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=448335
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=445639
#SeizeTheThrone

I'm willing to make edits as necessary, I know I probably stretched things.

My only issue is that it's unclear which capital he's marching to with his army; I think it's where he comes from, but I could be mistaken.

Oh absolutely yeah. He wants Atheo to secede into it's own city state. He knows he could never seize the capital of Terra as a whole. His army is too small, and while they hold the advantage environmentally undersea, they would get slaughtered on land. I'll clear that up. I can also write up some stuff on Atheo if that helps.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Oh absolutely yeah. He wants Atheo to secede into it's own city state. He knows he could never seize the capital of Terra as a whole. His army is too small, and while they hold the advantage environmentally undersea, they would get slaughtered on land. I'll clear that up. I can also write up some stuff on Atheo if that helps.

That'd be fine.

I'll review both apps tomorrow morning and officially accept them, with a tentative/temporary acceptance notice now. I'll also update the roster in the morning.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:10 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Lord Aerion I d'Autriche, Count of Aceiwyn.
Race: Human
Appearance:

Personality: Aerion can appear charming, courteous even for short periods of time; however the Count of Aceiwyn is not a nice person at his core. Narcissistic, arrogant and with little regard for anyone but himself, utterly lacking in any sense of loyalty or honour, to many of the commoners Aerion appears to be a dashing young knight out of a fairy tale but to the courtiers, counselors regents and teachers who have known him more deeply over the years he can be a nightmare to deal with. Aerion isn't however needlessly cruel, nor is he a psychopath, more like a petulant child than anything truly malicious. Aerion can also be brave, particularly in battle but this is born from overconfidence rather than something more noble.
Skills: Aerion is a good swordsman, rider, artist and poet. These skills may all improve with age.
House: d'Autriche
Loyalties: Mixed. Aerion tentatively supports Carnifex, not caring much at the rumors of slaving or the lord's cruelty. He is however cautious to give the master of the Inquisitors' Guild the throne as well. beyond Carnifex Aerion is keeping his cards close to his chest, curious about any potential rival candidates and about the option of running himself.

Biography: Many of Aerion's character flaws can be attributed to his early upbringing, born as the first son of lord Laerus and lady Aysche, rulers of the land of Aceiwyn; rich with fertile valleys, long winding rivers and dense, ancient woods. Aceiwyn is very much a region which believes itself "above" the other areas of the Empire. these factors should have led to an easy and happy life but his parents were tragically killed during a shipwreck when Aerion was only 8, throwing his later childhood into what seemed to Aerion like one long nightmare.

The death of his parents lit the powder keg of Aceiwyn court politics, with courtesans, knights, mayors, religious leaders and the like engaging in a bitter conflict over the position of regent. In this atmosphere there was little parental guidance for Aerion who was passed from regent to regent, each too wrapped up in court politics and the governance of the realm to deal with the young lord. This forced Aerion to throw himself into hobbies where he could forget the real world for a little while, usually swordsmanship. Losing himself if for only a few hours into the realm of honourable combat. This uneven distribution of attention with Aerion praised and admired by (some of) his teachers but practically ignored most of the time spiraled into the narcissism he displays today.

Upon reaching the age of 16 Aerion was given full control of his powers but little has changed. The battles in his court still rage on, only now about who will be an adviser instead of who will be regent, corruption which took root in the regency years is blossoming under the watch of a lord who is either ignorant of or simply doesn't care enough to eliminate it. Most of the time the young lord is hunting, hawking, practicing his swordsmanship, writing or painting showing little interest in actually ruling and leaving much of his administrative work to his council of advisers. A short time before the death of the Empress-regent Aerion gathered his banners and crushed a large bandit encampment which had been terrorizing the nearby village of Marchane. The bandits were quickly crushed however their leader wielded a strange blade: a cruel, curved broadsword which seems to glimmer and dance with light. the leader was a formidable warrior who downed 4 men before Aerion slew him, taking the sword as a trophy. Since that day the blade has been ever-present on the young lord's waist and many of his worst traits have become uglier and more pronounced.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=27268236&sid=5cc7cd85847226ed9ae8257349d63633#p27268236
viewtopic.php?p=35124212#p35124212
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=367453&p=27782269&hilit=alex+alex+library#p27782269

#SeizeTheThrone

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Edited my app a bit more to accommodate the blood drinking.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Would I be able to have a small group of lizardfolk? Not a noble house, per se, but more like a harshly-treated and ostracised group that lives in the hills or forests. Either way, colour me very much intrigued. Once this has been answered, I'll start my app.

Edit: Ooh, or merfolk. That would be cool.
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 pm

The City of Atheo

The city of Atheo is a large underwater dwelling, home to the Charcharions. It has developed over millions of years, evolving with it's inhabitants. The city was once grown from the rock basin it sits on from special coral. However, since joining the empire the city has become a pinnacle of architecture and masonry around the empire from it's stonework. The capital building specifically, features a tall spiral staircase adorned with statues of the empires envoys. The city has a regular cleaning crew and a few magic implements to ward off algae and other scum that disturb water visibility. The city itself is located on the east coast of the mainland, in a large shallow field. In the cities center however, lies a dark secret. "The pit," a mysterious prison miles deep has been kept secret from the empire for thousands of years. The pit holds some of histories most notorious and dangerous warlords and criminals in the undersea realm. Pirates, thieves, scoundrels, and rogues from all corners of the globe. The pit is the only portion of Atheo with an air bubble to hold land dwellers. Rumor has it escape is impossible, because those who manage to outwit and outsmart the many puzzles and traps that have been laid are sure to be killed by the monster that guards the exit. Despite this, the pit has not seen a new inmate in over ten thousand years. The only new story to be told, is that the pit's warden having no one left to oversee, has left his post to pursue political aspirations. A simple man with a common name, "Thresh."

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:22 pm

app was revised to clarify, and Atheo description is up, though it could certainly use more detail. Just not sure what else to put at the moment.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:21 am

Tag. I’d love to be a peasant/yeoman revolutionary somewhere. Have any large cities been established in-canon?
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:23 am

Rodez wrote:Tag. I’d love to be a peasant/yeoman revolutionary somewhere. Have any large cities been established in-canon?

...well the underwater one...

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:57 am

Rodez wrote:Tag. I’d love to be a peasant/yeoman revolutionary somewhere. Have any large cities been established in-canon?
I was thinking of a tribal group of outcasts, so perhaps we could be allies?
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Sabemai
Sex: male
Race: Orc
Appearance: ( I am sorry, however I could not find a picture. My description must suffice ). - Sabemai, when standing erect towers at 6 "6' ft tall, though when hovled over in a usual stooped position, he appears about 6 "1' ft. Sabemai easily weighs 300 lbs, almost entirely muscle with very little fat to speak of. His dark gray skin is marked with a slight greenish hue. His eyes naturally appear yellow ( as if with jaundice for a regular human ), with irises a blood red. His usually protruding lower canine teeth he keeps shaved down to nubs which barely protrude above the lower lip. His gray finger nails, which also naturally edge themselves like his canines, are also kept cut short and to the nub. Upon his head he maintains a trimmed black fuzz upon his scalp.

Sabemai wears about him a heavy and multi layered clock of cheap assorted brown, black, gray, and white fabrics. He uses these fabrics to cover himself from head to toe, and to conceal the actual bulk of his inhuman build. Across his face, he wears a dirtied gray veil not uncommon among some medical professionals across certain regions of terra. His hands are wrapped with scarlet gauze up to the base knuckle, allowing his gray fingers to be free. He walks with a large Lux wood branch for a walking cane.

Personality: Sabemai is friendly, if a bit distant and shy. He always offers aid and assistance were he can, truly desiring to help others, but never to the point were others might grow attached to him ( or the other way around ). Soft spoken and humble, he delights in being a pleasant voice among the murmur. Sabemai's pleasant and well wishing demeanor is contrasted by feelings of isolation, shame, and sadness brought on by years of abuse as a child.
Skills: Sabemai can read; he is extremely knowledgeable about the flora and fauna of the Terran Empire; he is an astounding adept in alchemy ( especially natural recipes ); he posses exceptional innate skills for medicinal magics ( though he is still developing them ); his knowledge of poisons, diseases, infections, venom's, and antidotes is rivaled by few apothecary's across the empire; his natural orc physiology allows him to survive in climates and environments that would kill the average human; his physiology also allows for an inhuman rate of regeneration from wounds, as well as an immunity to most poisons, infections, diseases, etc.
House: n/a
Loyalties: loyalties are as of yet not defined
Biography: Sabemai was found alone as but an infant, in the wild lands which had once been the dread lands. His supposed savior had been a surly farmer by the name of Martimus. Sabemai's exact origins, or the reason for why he had been abandoned in the forest were unknown, but any question which Martimus might have had about Sabemai's presence were seconded by his thoughts of profit and exploitation. Martimus would rescue the infant Sabemai from the forest and bring him back to his home. A plan had been conceived by Martimus: he would use the orc boy as a laborer to do his toil. Martimus lived alone with his daughter, and having no wealth beyond that enough to survive. Without either wealth to hire farmhands, nor sons to assist him, the daily chores wore Martimus weary. Sabemai would help elevate Martimus's plight - for it was well known that an orc could well do the work of five men in the same amount of time! Martimus would, for lack of a better word, nurture, the orc boy for the first four years of live - allowing him to live in his barn, feeding him scraps and rodents, allowing him a sack for clothing, even giving him the name mai ( Mai was a small greyish-greenish fish native to the local area ). By the time he had reached the age of 4, Mai would finally be put to hard labor by Martimus.

Mai never really minded the work. Sure, the first few years he would cry and moan often about his feet freezing in the mud, or cutting his hands when wielding the ax or the hoe, or having to work from before the sun went up to after it went down - but his pains and complaints quickly disappear as he aged. At 7 he could plow a field entirely by himself, by 8 he could chop down a tree, and by 9 he could hunt just as well as Martimus could. The older and stronger he became, the less bother the work became, becoming no more than a menial task for him to take on the daily. The ease with which this grueling labor came to Mai made Martimus envious and resentful of his indentured servant, prompting him to torment the boy when ever possible: insults, lashings, forcing him to stand outside in rain or snow, taking away his shovel and demanding he dig holes with his hands, continuing to feed him scraps - anything to demean the boy. The one bright spot in his life was Martimus's daughter, Sonya. Sonya was about the same age as Mai ( as far as either of them could tell ) and bared a more gentle and compassionate attitude than what her surly father did. When Martimus was not present, Sonya and Mai would often hide in the brush and play games, tell stories, catch lizards, or anything to pass the time really. Sonya would tell Mai her dream of being and Angeli and helping people across the world, while he taught her what plants to eat in the brush as well as how to listen to the birds speak. It would be Sonya who secretly gave Mai the second part of his name, Sabe ( meaning brother in the local dialect ).

Sabemai's friendship with Sonya made his otherwise dull life meaningful and warm. Their friendship fell into crisis when a plague fell upon the land when Sabemai was 15, sickening both Martimus and Sonya. Martimus got better, Sonya did not. It was a hot summer evening when Sabemai and Martimus buried Sonya; so still and melancholy was the whole scene, that Martimus had been struck by silence, not even having the will to torment Sabemai. Wrought with grief, that night, Sabemai vowed that he would honor his lost friend. He would journey across the world and cure every plague known and blight known to man, helping and healing all that he journeyed past - just like the Angeli that Sonya had always wanted to be. Finishing all his chores for the day, and ripping a branch from a holy Lux tree ( a rare tree, whose different parts hold powerful medicinal and magical qualities ) Sabemai left Martimus and his empty homestead, traveling northward - intent on wipping out disease and blight, and honoring his lost friend by showing the world the compassion that she had shown him.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=454839
#SeizeTheThrone

I've only ever participated in one RP before...
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 am

Tasuirin wrote:
I was thinking of a tribal group of outcasts, so perhaps we could be allies?

I was thinking something similar for my werewolf noblewoman.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 am

Barapam wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:I was thinking of a tribal group of outcasts, so perhaps we could be allies?

I was thinking something similar for my werewolf noblewoman.

You three, join my army. Perhaps we can change Terra together.
Please Watch

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Barapam wrote:I was thinking something similar for my werewolf noblewoman.

The triumvirate of edge...
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 am

PEASANTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(If I'm accepted)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:26 am

Joohan wrote:

The triumvirate of edge...

You too. I'm the best chance anyone has to win this war unless they're Jonathan XIV.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:26 am

Woodstovia wrote:PEASANTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(If I'm accepted)

You do realise we need peasants for our armies, right? You seem like a nice fellow, even your interior is good. You're just not very smart.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:27 am

Woodstovia wrote:PEASANTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(If I'm accepted)

You do realise we need peasants for our armies, right?

Those are the good ones they don't count ;)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:29 am

Woodstovia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You do realise we need peasants for our armies, right?

Those are the good ones they don't count ;)

Also, I know the solution to your problems: just behead the corrupt. Works in my army.
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:30 am

Hey VOID, so, like I mentioned before, my plan is to RP as a wealthy sub-state that attempts to be independent.
I do homewever need to ask If you have a problem with me claiming the sub-state would be the empire's main source of gold

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:34 am

Woodstovia wrote:Those are the good ones they don't count ;)

Also, I know the solution to your problems: just behead the corrupt. Works in my army.

Then I'd lop my own head off

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:37 am

Oh heck it all, I have time. I'll do my app now.

APPLICATION:

Name:
Ɲiçiŧe Ɲakēt-Xhāçiŧ (Nichithe Nakeet-Xhaachith, Nichithe Leaf-Walker), Çīhas Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h (Chief of the Tribe of the Forest)
Race: Lizardfolk
Appearance: Nichithe Leaf-Walker is a tall specimen of the Lizardfolk species. Though with somewhat duller scales than his youth, he still holds the vigour and vitality in appearance of a fighter within the tribe. He strides tall, with his long tail following behind him. He has the look of an intellectual and a wise man, with curious eyes a shade of lime green, slit pupils and the tattoos of the scholarly and educated on his back. He wears a ceremonial kilt, one embroidered with Lizardfolk lettering and symbols of the tribe.
Personality: Nichithe is considered the wisest within the Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h village. He is oft called upon to act as a mediator in disputes, and to lend his ear to the people of the Tribe of the Forest and other Lizardfolk tribes nearby. He is highly skeptical of all claims until presented with evidence, especially from those he considers untrustworthy, such as all "higher" species (humans or anything that could pass for them). He is, for reasons stated below, highly xenophobic, prioritising the safety of his tribe over nebulous concepts of 'peace'. However, he considers many other Lizardfolk tribes to be his to protect as well, largely because of the horrors he has witnessed from oppressive humans. Though he enjoys responsibility, the stresses of it can take their toll on him.
Skills: Nichithe is one of only a few Lizardfolk who can read human languages. He can also speak them, though due to the difference in physical structure of the Human and Lizardfolk mouths, he is unable to pronounce some sounds (approximants like "w", "y", "r" or "l" most prominently, though he can simulate some of those with other sounds. He has some issues with bilabials, but less issues than the approximants). He is a skilled negotiator and diplomat, also adept at solving issues within the tribe, and is known to be an inspiring leader and public speaker. He has knowledge of a number of topics, but is usually only passing rather than in-depth for each one. He is an expert swimmer, being very fast in the water thanks to his tail, and also has a great deal of natural hunting ability. He has sharp claws and teeth, good for assisting with fighting, and he also possesses knowledge in fighting with polearms. Like most Lizardfolk, he is adept at climbing, however he is quite a way above the rest from his childhood experiences looking for enemies, thus earning him the nickname "Leaf-Walker".
House: No house.
Loyalties: The Lizardfolk race, the Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h tribe.
Biography:
Nichithe was born into another tribe, one far away from the forest-tribe where he now resides. This tribe had a lot of communication with humans, and was generally considered amongst the richer Lizardfolk tribes. As such, Nichithe was given an education far surpassing most Lizardfolk, with a deep understanding of Lizardfolk traditions and culture, but also a high level of understanding of the human world. Though he lived in a tribe of only Lizardfolk, traders would often visit, trading wares and materials which the Lizardfolk had aplenty - woods, medicinal plants, meats, pelts, other goods often found in forests. The tribe flourished, and the communication between races was seen as a good thing by all involved. The tribe comprised part of the Empire, and was pleased to do so.

However, when Nichithe was fifteen, the traders came by demanding something else. They had enjoyed the deer pelts, ferret pelts, ermine pelts, all kinds of pelts which had made an impact on the style and economy of the Empire, but a new trend was sweeping the upper classes of the Empire - Lizardfolk skins. At first, the tribe attempted to pass off smaller lizards for their skins, but soon enough, the traders came back realising their "trick". This time, though, the traders came with soldiers, men with technology surpassing that of the small tribe. Nichithe was sent off hastily with other children from the tribe, only looking back to see the forests aflame and his family, friends, whole tribe killed.

He and the other children continued to trudge through forests. It soon became obvious that the group, had it remained headless, would not have succeeded in reaching any other tribe, and so Nichithe, through charisma and the fact that he was indeed older than the others, took the job. He used techniques mixing both human knowledge and Lizardfolk lore to find a way through the forests to another tribe, until finally, they came across the tribal markings of the Xhiɲeŧihcɛ̄hnŧiňɛ̄h tribe. This tribe was far more backwards than the tribe in which Nichithe had lived, and it really showed - the populace was uneducated, disorganised, with a chief who was old and did not want to compromise Lizardfolk ideals at all, especially not to human ones. However, Nichithe and the other children of the old tribe were given permission to settle there, joining the tribe as they did so. Nichithe took this to mean something slightly different. He took the children of his old tribe together to form an elite guard unit for himself and the tribe, the Şīçīŧīťɛ, or "the expelled". The old Chief did not believe the human threat to be real, wondering why Nichithe formed such a guard unit at all. Slowly, however, the populace of the tribe began accepting Nichithe's ideology - one of violently defending against humans.

When the Chief died, as Nichithe was only 21, the tribe elected him Chief. His first orders of business were to begin educating, mobilising and preparing to defend the tribe. Nichithe saw it as his sworn duty to ensure that all members of the tribe were accounted for at all times, each given positions based on their skills and centrally controlled with the help of his Şīçīŧīťɛ guard. Most within the tribe see his reign, still ongoing, as one of immense prosperity and advancement, and Nichithe himself as a benevolent leader, one whose knowledge of human custom is valuable and whose diplomatic prowess is useful for keeping order without violence. So successful has his rule been that numerous Lizardfolk, hearing of his prosperity, have already joined the tribe, making it one of the largest Lizardfolk tribes on Terra.

RP Example:
  1. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=452127
  2. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=453144
  3. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=456419
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Tasuirin on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse