NATION

PASSWORD

[Debate] The Constitution of the People

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Squirrel Hill North
Civilian

Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Debate] The Constitution of the People

Postby Squirrel Hill North » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:06 pm

This proposal was put forward by The Endorian state, I would suggest reading it here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=the_endorian_state_1546655679.

I honestly don't know what to think about it at this point. Personally, it feels a little unnecessary, since we already have the Security Council to deal with humans rights violations and whatnot by specific nations, and all the proposal would do is establish a court with the same purpose, but I want to see what you all think. Debate this below!

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:11 am

I believe the proposal, as is, is illegal. Condemnations tend to be an SC thing, so mentioning it tends to amount to meta-gaming. Regardless it may run afoul of the 'committee only' rule and assumes that certain laws haven't been enacted (from what I understand, they have been legislated by the assembly).
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 am

OOC: It has already been posted in the correct thread: viewtopic.php?p=35130009#p35130009
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Borovan3
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan3 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Squirrel Hill North wrote:This proposal was put forward by The Endorian state, I would suggest reading it here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=the_endorian_state_1546655679.

I honestly don't know what to think about it at this point. Personally, it feels a little unnecessary, since we already have the Security Council to deal with humans rights violations and whatnot by specific nations, and all the proposal would do is establish a court with the same purpose, but I want to see what you all think. Debate this below!

We already have resolutions that cover these human rights protections.
viewtopic.php?p=416#p416
viewtopic.php?p=26911746#p26911746
viewtopic.php?p=1639404#p1639404
trial, educatiion, and welfare

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 pm

General Assembly Proposal
ID: the_endorian_state_1546655679

Constitution of The people
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Civil Rights
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: The Endorian state

BELIEVING that this august body has the responsibility and purpose of improving the world.
NOTING that many people, in certain nations, do not have access to fundamental civil rights, which shall be stated in Article 1.

Article 1
Clause A: People do not have access to fair uncorrupt trials before prosecution.
Clause B: People do not have access to free and equal education.
Clause C: People do not have access to enough food and water to survive.
Clause D: People do not have the freedom to decide their own actions. Even if those actions do not undermine their nations law.
Clause E: People do not have the freedom to move without hindrance.

Article 2
THEREFORE a committee known as: The People's Committee should be created to enforce and grant the rights as stated in (Clause 1- Clause 5) to all people.
The committee shall act as an international center for aid and shall hear all the cases presented to it by people who need protection from their government.
All cases which have merit and substantial evidence (Whether the evidence is substantial enough shall be decided by said committee) to prove a governments misconduct shall be presented to the international community. This being all nations

This community shall then hear the full facts of the case and shall decide whether to condemn the implicated nation/nations.

Below are the rights which the committee shall enforce.
Clause 1: The right that all people should be able to access a fair uncorrupt trial before prosecution. Which means that all people must be equal before the law.
Clause 2: The right that all people should have access to education.
Clause 3: The right that all people should have access to enough food and water to survive.
Clause 4: The right that all people should have the freedom to choose their own actions. Unless those actions go against the laws set out by the nation in which they reside.
Clause 5: The right that all people must have the freedom of movement. Which means that people may move from one nation to another without being forcefully prevented. Unless the said person does not have the legal documents required by the nation which they wish to leave.

To not pass this resolution would be a gross miscarriage of justice.

Approvals: 2 (Greitens Missouri, Balticonia)
GenSec Status: ILLEGAL — HELD
Info
Illegal (3): Sierra Lyricalia, Bears Armed, Separatist Peoples
4 hours ago: Separatist Peoples: Illegal — Duplication of multiple resolutions
7 hours ago: Bears Armed: Illegal — Duplication of multiple resolutions
8 hours ago: Sierra Lyricalia: Illegal — Duplication of multiple resolutions
Voting Ends: in 2 days 5 hours
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Fecaw
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation