NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Sorry to double post, but for those wondering why the timeline jumps a lot: mostly so people can help fill in their own lore, and mix things around. I also refrained from naming too many Gods so that people could name them, etc.

I'm trying to make this a sandbox-type world, but there is an overarching plot (namely, who gets the Throne... or who seizes it).

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:06 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Obm--rGjUR0

What is life when you can't take twos
Both the good shit and the blues
Carpe diem
I don't care if it's wrong or right
Gamble hard and just shine some light
Carpe diem
But what about the tomorrow
I don't really wanna know
About all the cares and the sorrow
I ain't gonna let it show
You put all eggs in one basket
That's the way I wanna live
You'll end up stiff in a casket

Though life is ruff and the road is tuff
You can seize the day throne
You're single now well then so am I
So let's seize the day throne
Girl lose your blues and just laugh at life
And then seize the day throne
Cause you only live once

I don't care if I ain't got no gold
When I'm dusty, gray and old
Carpe diem
Play the card you got up your sleeve
You can't bring nothing when you leave
Carpe diem

So what about the burdens
I'ma let em'fade away
A life without some insurance
I'ma take it day by day
You piss away what you've worked for
That is a point of view
I promise you will just hurt more

Come on come and then sing along and now
Seize the day throne
I ain't gonna wait along a line
Seize the day throne
I ain't gonna waste my time
Seize the day throne
Ooh won't you sing along ooh
Seize the day throne
Cause you only live once

On a serious note, are werewolves human enough to be nobles, or would they be more like cossacks, or the mountain clans of AGoT?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:14 pm

Barapam wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Obm--rGjUR0

What is life when you can't take twos
Both the good shit and the blues
Carpe diem
I don't care if it's wrong or right
Gamble hard and just shine some light
Carpe diem
But what about the tomorrow
I don't really wanna know
About all the cares and the sorrow
I ain't gonna let it show
You put all eggs in one basket
That's the way I wanna live
You'll end up stiff in a casket

Cause you only live once

I don't care if I ain't got no gold
When I'm dusty, gray and old
Carpe diem
Play the card you got up your sleeve
You can't bring nothing when you leave
Carpe diem

So what about the burdens
I'ma let em'fade away
A life without some insurance
I'ma take it day by day
You piss away what you've worked for
That is a point of view
I promise you will just hurt more

Come on come and then sing along and now
Seize the day throne
I ain't gonna wait along a line
Seize the day throne
I ain't gonna waste my time
Seize the day throne
Ooh won't you sing along ooh
Seize the day throne
Cause you only live once

On a serious note, are werewolves human enough to be nobles, or would they be more like cossacks, or the mountain clans of AGoT?

Werewolves are believed to be cursed by Daemons, rather than of Daemonic origin. So, while it is possible to be a noble or part of a House as a werewolf, I don't think the Imperial Court nor the other Houses would accept one as a Lady or Lord of their respective House.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking of a minotaur or beastman that is angry of the Terran empire's mistreatment of beastmen and tries to go all independent warlord or bandit, don't know how far I'll go.
Last edited by Ralnis on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Ralnis wrote:Hmm, I'm thinking of a minotaur or beastman that is angry of the Terran empire's mistreatment of beastmen and tries to go all independent warlord or bandit, don't know how far I'll go.

My Idea is to be a human ruler of an sub-state in Terra who wants to take the opportunity to leave the empire.

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:46 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Baron Uther Kęšgatui of Uhabaritz, Palatial Steward & Lord-Regent
Sex:M
Race: Human
Appearance:

Personality & Skills:Withdrawn(not very sociable) out of fear as part of his personal choice for the last two decades in order not allow misdemeanor at public light can be used against him. Quite skillful in his administrative task, has respect of his collegues for the most part(can't erase his humble origins) and will use fear to intimidate the nobility. Known for his anti-slavery and serf reform views based on a pragmatic approach(in order to decrease unemployment and increase tax revenue).

He prefers to exercise power from behind-the-scenes in order to advance his work without too much interference. He wishes to soon retire to his personal fief but not until the succession issue is resolved for good.
House: Kęšgatui: cadet branch of House Blazenheart
Loyalties: The Realm, the Lord-Regent wants to maintain the peace as long as possible. Hoping he would solve any succession issue as tempers are slowly boiling up.
Biography: Uther's life is truly one of sheer luck, born to a small serf family in the region of Provadistne. His family was raising on the side purple cabbage crops, soon it proved a highly profitable business but alas it would not last as the local Count had ordered his arrest for theft(and myriad smaller similar accusations, definitely not groundless). The Count was willing to make him an example by hanging him for this illegal profiteering business, it did not came to pass for Lady Fate herself had intervened saving his life as mountain trolls had interrupted the execution enabling his escape alongside the destruction of his village.

The havoc that wrecked the province by the mountain trolls proved a perfect opportunity for Uther to prove his mantel in leadership by fighting off both the Count's authorities(since he was an ineffective ruler) and the mountain trolls; defeating both in the process with a great personal losses. Being recognized of value of leading a successful defense against invading savage creatures and a peasant revolt can grant a man an ambiguous reputation to say the least; instead of getting hanged he was awarded by given apprenticeship as a imperial clerk in the capital by the Empress herself.

It took many years for Uther to climb up the imperial bureaucracy's ladder granted both ennoblement and great status within the palace itself. For the last two decades he has influenced the usher of a "Tranquil Age" mostly peaceful and economic growth that would soon be over, fear looms in the shadows over the Regency Council he oversees.

RP Example: I have none unfortunately, since this is a new account
#SeizeTheThrone

Have some ideas to kickstart real drama if you are interested

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Skarten wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Hmm, I'm thinking of a minotaur or beastman that is angry of the Terran empire's mistreatment of beastmen and tries to go all independent warlord or bandit, don't know how far I'll go.

My Idea is to be a human ruler of an sub-state in Terra who wants to take the opportunity to leave the empire.

Maybe be an ally?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm

The aim for my character would be mostly trying to solve a possible "succession crisis" since there would be other contenders on the throne over lord Jonathan XIV, to many resolving the issue is straightforward but apparently the is not overtly the case.

Just few days before before the new Emperor(Jonathan ofc) is crowned, his enemies assassinate the Lord-Regent and it is revealed Jonathan is indeed a Daemon worshipper. Naturally he denies but still leads to war over the throne. Hope you find this proposal of interest.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Skarten wrote:My Idea is to be a human ruler of an sub-state in Terra who wants to take the opportunity to leave the empire.

Maybe be an ally?

Sounds like a good Idea. Seeing the lack of possible allies, every faction on our side helps

Third French Commune
Attaché

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Third French Commune » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 pm

I was thinking of becoming a (formerly) very powerful general (still has a reasonable amount of troops) who could either be swayed by a faction or fabricate a claim himself.
Homosexual and proud.

Pro: Communism, Anarchism, Free Speech, Democracy, Liberty, Equality, Devolution, Confederation, Human Rights.
Anti: Capitalism, Fascism, Censorship, Dictatorship, Centralisation, Authoritarianism, Hierarchy, Central Government, Slavery.

Hobbies: NationStates, Sims 3, Mount and Blade Warband, Reading about Politics. Just ask me.

Old nations include:
The Transhumanist Commune

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:59 pm

How are orks viewed, and do they have any societies of note?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Third French Commune
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Third French Commune » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Also, do vampires exist?
Homosexual and proud.

Pro: Communism, Anarchism, Free Speech, Democracy, Liberty, Equality, Devolution, Confederation, Human Rights.
Anti: Capitalism, Fascism, Censorship, Dictatorship, Centralisation, Authoritarianism, Hierarchy, Central Government, Slavery.

Hobbies: NationStates, Sims 3, Mount and Blade Warband, Reading about Politics. Just ask me.

Old nations include:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Joohan wrote:How are orks viewed, and do they have any societies of note?

Orkz always win for green is best!

Third French Commune wrote:Also, do vampires exist?

Vampires are allowed, but are considered dangerous. Most of the Empire merely fears/loathes them, though the more fanatical/religious of them (especially the House Carnifex) views their very existence as heretical and Daemonic, and so purge vampires with extreme prejudice. A vampire noble is unheard of.
-Quoted from the OP when asked about vampires

Third French Commune
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Third French Commune » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Vampires are allowed, but are considered dangerous. Most of the Empire merely fears/loathes them, though the more fanatical/religious of them (especially the House Carnifex) views their very existence as heretical and Daemonic, and so purge vampires with extreme prejudice. A vampire noble is unheard of.

Yeah, I was going to delete that when I read it, but you replied too early.
Homosexual and proud.

Old nations include:

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:

The warhammer vibe here is pretty pronounced...

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Tag. Seems pretty interesting.

I’ll probably do my usual “good martial, low intrigue.” kind of character. Are you looking for more characters that are landed or are unlanded characters okay?
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Tag, are landed knights alright?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Third French Commune
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Third French Commune » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:30 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: General Liecsturn von Draconia-Sterpol
Sex: Male
Race: "Mixed" Race. As in, takes abilities from dragonborn, vampires and humans. Mostly the latter two, but still carries an immense strength from dragonborn. His very rare race are known as the Draconians, named from the old land of Draconia.
Appearance: Image
Personality: Aggressive, Cunning, Dominant, Intimidating, Violent, Determined, Stalwart, Stubborn. He will often take tactics which make no sense to anyone else, but are carefully calculated. His combat style is one of overpowering, not speed. His way of war is often one known for its brutality and ruthless nature; he is feared by many as the bringer of death, like his father. He has no respect for those who are born into wealth and power, only those who truly show competence.
Skills: Battle strategy, combat, exceptional strength, intimidation, cunning
House: Head of the von Draconia-Sterpol house, one of military generals and a military general.
Loyalties: Has no loyalities but to himself
Biography: (Pre-Bio Note: Despite his mixed race, the Empire recruited him due to his exceptional combat and tactical ability, along with his noble heritage of the same.)

Born to the old, powerful yet small house of Draconia-Sterpol, he grew up to a military education, sparring with his brother in long and hard duels, some which could even last for hours. His brother was his greatest friend and he still is, however, his brother, at one point, almost died on the battlefield during a war a long time ago. His brother told him to leave him, and so he did. He still does not know whether his brother is still alive or not, but he fears the worst. Anyway, back to Liecsturn. After training hard and long during his childhood (of which he remembers little of), he, as is customary, fought the Draconia-Persnacht's (their rival house) heir to the death, and so he did, and won, but took a devestating blow to the head, leading to him losing many of his childhood memories. After this, he got accepted by the Emperess as a commander, following his father's request and her assessment. He soon proved himself to be a worthy asset, even becoming a war advisor to the Empress, due to his amazing combat skills and great head for tactics. He fought several wars for many years, earning both the respect and fear of many people in the Empire. After the death of the Empress and the Empire, he rounded up his soldiers, and got ready to find someone worthy of the throne. However, he may declare himself a military dictator if he is discontent with all candidates.

RP Example:
https://www.nationstates.net/region=the ... #p33907563
https://www.nationstates.net/page=displ ... #p33840835
https://www.nationstates.net/page=displ ... tart=26275 (The World Capitalist Confederation ones are mine. From an old nation. Will provide more if needed)
#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Third French Commune on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homosexual and proud.

Old nations include:

Third French Commune
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Third French Commune » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 pm

NOTE TO ALL: I will be moving to The World Capitalist Confederation to centralise all my forum activity.
Homosexual and proud.

Old nations include:

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Moved here.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:43 pm

I'll be reviewing your apps/questions soon. Please give me a moment. I have no general preference for who people app as, but the more Lords/Ladies, the merrier the beginning is going to be since a lot of the early plot is likely to revolve around the meeting at Imperial City.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:44 pm

again, what kind of orcs are there?

How are they viewed by society?

Are their any prominent features of the ocrs in terra I should be aware of?

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm

The V O I D wrote:I'll be reviewing your apps/questions soon. Please give me a moment. I have no general preference for who people app as, but the more Lords/Ladies, the merrier the beginning is going to be since a lot of the early plot is likely to revolve around the meeting at Imperial City.

Will the general be allowed to attend? Despite not being a lord, he is a high-ranking officer and was appointed directly by the former Empress.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Joohan wrote:again, what kind of orcs are there?

Generally, orcs are similar to most other fantasy orcs - giants with varying shades of green skin. Little variation other than that.

Imperial society views “greenskins” in much the same way as they view most other non-human races: generally inferior unless they prove otherwise.

The former Dreadlands on the southwestern edge of the continent are the most populated by Orcs.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Joohan wrote:again, what kind of orcs are there?

Generally, orcs are similar to most other fantasy orcs - giants with varying shades of green skin. Little variation other than that.

Imperial society views “greenskins” in much the same way as they view most other non-human races: generally inferior unless they prove otherwise.

The former Dreadlands on the southwestern edge of the continent are the most populated by Orcs.

thank you

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse