NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of the NPO

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Draganisia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Draganisia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:30 pm

On second thought nevermind.

Forgot that it is impossible to reason with those set on your destruction even if they claim they don't want that.
Last edited by Draganisia on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zizou
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Zizou » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Draganisia wrote:On second thought nevermind.

Forgot that it is impossible to reason with those set on your destruction even if they claim they don't want that.

We do want an overthrow of the NPO... Where did anyone claim that we didn't? Our motto basically translates to "The NPO must be destroyed."
Last edited by Zizou on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zizou Vytherov-Skollvaldr
LTN in The Black Hawks
Meishu of the former Red Sun Army
Parxland wrote:It might somehow give me STDs through the computer screen with how often you hop between different groups of people.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:01 pm

Draganisia wrote:Forgot that it is impossible to reason with those set on your destruction even if they claim they don't want that.

Seeing as how pointing fingers at us and contradicting your own side's rhetoric is your idea of reasoning with us, you'll find it impossible to reason with anyone.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:05 am

I believe the statement was very clear.

If anyone has an issue with it they can contact me directly.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 am

East Durthang wrote:Kostrorleauny's actions do not align with the values of the Order and we do not condone what he sought to do in our fellow GCRs. Expressing intention and formulating ties to coup other GCRs in direct violation of regional law set down by the Emperor is not what we expect from or desire in members of the New Pacific Order. Kostrorleauny has thus been permanently banished from the Pacific.

As someone who betrayed “the order” and “directly violated the law of the emperor” according to y’all, will “the order” and the emperor keep Kostror around in other facets of “the order” including those also controlled by ED?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Brain Expansion Land
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brain Expansion Land » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:54 am

How hasn't Kostor been deleted for acting with DOS players?

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:56 am

Not that I believe it's 100% honest. A member starts talking about couping a GCR shortly after several NPOers were attempting it? No better way for the NPO to prove it's "changing".
Last edited by Armaros on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:02 am

Brain Expansion Land wrote:How hasn't Kostor been deleted for acting with DOS players?

Because there is no indication of actual activity taking place with said DoS on or offsite besides communication, which isn't against the rules (just discouraged).

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:20 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
East Durthang wrote:Kostrorleauny's actions do not align with the values of the Order and we do not condone what he sought to do in our fellow GCRs. Expressing intention and formulating ties to coup other GCRs in direct violation of regional law set down by the Emperor is not what we expect from or desire in members of the New Pacific Order. Kostrorleauny has thus been permanently banished from the Pacific.

As someone who betrayed “the order” and “directly violated the law of the emperor” according to y’all, will “the order” and the emperor keep Kostror around in other facets of “the order” including those also controlled by ED?

As this is the NSGP forum, we are discussing NS-related issues within this topic. When game administration deems it necessary to monitor and enforce NS rulings on other games that are OOC in relation to NS we will discuss it. As the events discussed here are specific to NS and NS-related game mechanics I fail to see any reason for your question. Unless you are seeking to punish players OOC-ly for completely IC activities. Is that your goal?
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Th Empire of Wymondham
Attaché

Founded: Dec 07, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Th Empire of Wymondham » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 am

Personally I thought attempting to undermine other GCRs was how you progress in the NPO
Unless stated otherwise my views are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NSToday or the Osiran Government
NSToday PR Director and Osiris Vizier of FA

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:26 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Draganisia wrote:Yea don't expect the NPO to change its core culture just because some like you don't like it's history.

The truth is no one's history is completely clean.

Especially when looking at Raider and Invader regions such as The Black Hawks and Osiris.

Ah yes, TBH which has one GCR coup attempt ~7 years ago & Osiris which has 0 GCR coup attempts, as compared to the NPO which had one in the last 2 years and many many before that.
Much sordid history to be had.

What if Souls had also groomed someone to coup TSP, supported them infiltrating, and strategized about committing espionage?

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:31 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Ah yes, TBH which has one GCR coup attempt ~7 years ago & Osiris which has 0 GCR coup attempts, as compared to the NPO which had one in the last 2 years and many many before that.
Much sordid history to be had.

What if Souls had also groomed someone to coup TSP, supported them infiltrating, and strategized about committing espionage?

I like how this NPO dude was talking about couping your home region and instead of saying anything about that you come in spreading some kind of bullshit about Souls which you have provided absolutely zero evidence for. Keep it up dude.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:51 am

I hope Kost finds a new regional home that will treat him with respect and dignity, and show him there's a better way to get ahead in this game than engaging in subversive and destructive activities. That's what he needs -- not to be booted as a scapegoat for the NPO's PR campaign.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:34 am

Heh I deleted my response and then Cormac deleted the post I was responding to.

High five for rethinking our posts :D
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:49 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:I hope Kost finds a new regional home that will treat him with respect and dignity, and show him there's a better way to get ahead in this game than engaging in subversive and destructive activities. That's what he needs -- not to be booted as a scapegoat for the NPO's PR campaign.

You know this makes no sense, right? Of course you do.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 am

“Something something planned coup something something our allies...”

Where have I heard this before? Aren’t planning coups something that occurs on the daily in the NPO? Or maybe perhaps the NPO actually learned from their mistakes. You guys figured you’d expose this guy for collaborating with a DOS player before he exposed you for hiding him, just as you did Block. In that case, well done. It’s a step in the right direction, but there are still many miles to go.
Field Commander of Antifa
Citizen of the New Pacific Order

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:44 am

Ballpit wrote:“Something something planned coup something something our allies...”

Where have I heard this before? Aren’t planning coups something that occurs on the daily in the NPO? Or maybe perhaps the NPO actually learned from their mistakes. You guys figured you’d expose this guy for collaborating with a DOS player before he exposed you for hiding him, just as you did Block. In that case, well done. It’s a step in the right direction, but there are still many miles to go.

To clarify, at the time of the conversation, the player in question was not DoS. It seems clear to me in the original statement but has resulted in some confusion. The use of the DoS moniker was meant to convey identity without explicitly doing so. It was a descriptor and not meant to state that Kostro had undertaken in anything relating to conspiracy with a known DoS player at the time of the conversation as some have read it to mean.

Regardless, these regrettable actions are the result of active discussions by a member of the NPO with the aim of staging a coup in a fellow GCR at some future point. If we had not acted, been lenient, or otherwise addressed this issue differently and the logs were to have surfaced later in another regional government then the community would undoubtedly have depicted this as more of the same. While it is possibly that Kostro simply got caught up in the moment, going forward this type of activity is unacceptable by a member of the Order.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:52 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I hope Kost finds a new regional home that will treat him with respect and dignity, and show him there's a better way to get ahead in this game than engaging in subversive and destructive activities. That's what he needs -- not to be booted as a scapegoat for the NPO's PR campaign.

You know this makes no sense, right? Of course you do.

It makes total sense to say I hope he finds a region that will encourage him to do better, rather than just throwing him out like yesterday's garbage.

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 am

Pierconium wrote: this type of activity is unacceptable by a member of the Order.

If it’s unacceptable then why was the emperor-elect involved in the 2015 Lazarus Coup? There is photographic evidence (which I don’t possess on my current device) of one “East Durthang” being an endorsee. Care to explain? Or has he “reformed” just like the NPO?

Edit: wait NVM. You meant that communicating with DOS players is the unacceptable part. The coup part is a rite of passage for NPOers.

Noted.
Last edited by Ballpit on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:32 am

Ballpit wrote:
Pierconium wrote: this type of activity is unacceptable by a member of the Order.

If it’s unacceptable then why was the emperor-elect involved in the 2015 Lazarus Coup? There is photographic evidence (which I don’t possess on my current device) of one “East Durthang” being an endorsee. Care to explain? Or has he “reformed” just like the NPO?

Edit: wait NVM. You meant that communicating with DOS players is the unacceptable part. The coup part is a rite of passage for NPOers.

Noted.

No.

The Emperor-Select was part of a group of nations endorsing the Delegate nation during the events of 2015 but was not party to the planning of those events. This is a different situation. The nation in question sought to initate a coup.

No one has ever stated that nations taking part in sanctioned operations of the NPO under orders from the Emperor are subject to removal.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:50 am

Pierconium wrote:
Ballpit wrote:

Noted.

No.

The Emperor-Select was part of a group of nations endorsing the Delegate nation during the events of 2015 but was not party to the planning of those events. This is a different situation. The nation in question sought to initate a coup.

No one has ever stated that nations taking part in sanctioned operations of the NPO under orders from the Emperor are subject to removal.

Ah, okay. So the new Emperor-Select happily obliged in the coup. If he had no qualms about doing so, where’s the promised change in government?

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am

Ballpit wrote:
Pierconium wrote:No.

Ah, okay. So the new Emperor-Select happily obliged in the coup. If he had no qualms about doing so, where’s the promised change in government?

So the Emperor-Select took part in a military operation three years ago as an endorser and you are saying what exactly? This is equivalent to stating that every nation that took part in a raid is automatically complicit in whatever means those planning the raid took. I’m fairly certain a not insignificant number of game players would think differently about that.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 am

Pierconium wrote:
Ballpit wrote:

So the Emperor-Select took part in a military operation three years ago as an endorser and you are saying what exactly? This is equivalent to stating that every nation that took part in a raid is automatically complicit in whatever means those planning the raid took. I’m fairly certain a not insignificant number of game players would think differently about that.

Uhhh actually it was FOUR years ago, it’s 2019 now.

But it sounds like it would be easier on you guys if NSGP didn’t have such a good memory.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am

Ballpit wrote:
Pierconium wrote:So the Emperor-Select took part in a military operation three years ago as an endorser and you are saying what exactly? This is equivalent to stating that every nation that took part in a raid is automatically complicit in whatever means those planning the raid took. I’m fairly certain a not insignificant number of game players would think differently about that.

But it sounds like it would be easier on you guys if NSGP didn’t have such a good memory.

3.5 years but whatever. Your semantic arguments aside, you failed to address the point.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Ballpit
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballpit » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am

Pierconium wrote:
Ballpit wrote:

3.5 years but whatever. Your semantic arguments aside, you failed to address the point.

My point is, how can the NPO expect NSGP to trust the new Emperor when we don’t know much about his lengthy service, other than his participation in the subversion and coup of a fellow GCR that would otherwise be considered an “ally”?

Pointing out his participation in it was of course, merely an example. How can the NPO be trusted with a long history of shying away from the truth?

How much is left to uncover, I wonder? What else remains unknown?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay