NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Congressman Jason Samara
@JSam8

If ISIS is defeated the is right to withdraw from Syria, we should not be the policeman of the world. However we should ensure that our withdraw does not add to the instability of the region and make the situation worse. In sure I agree with the goals but want to ensure the methods we take to achieve the goal are sound.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Amaras's Office, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

"Of course, Senator. May I ask what your intent is for this would-be meeting with Senator Amaras?" He inquired.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:58 pm

USS Owen B.K. Shrub, Persian Gulf

He had not fallen overboard, so that was a good start.

In truth, Reed was not certain what the response to the speech would be. It was natural to assume it would be positive, but he was much too guarded to do that after the experiences of the first half-year of his Presidency. For the time he was on the carrier, at least, he was still isolated from whatever reactions were being put out, and for that, he was thankful.

He took a seat in the temporary cabin that had been provided for him, and took a drink of water, looking over at his guest.

"Looks like the die is cast now, Edgar, we measured twice, and that's the cut. I suppose now there's nothing left to do but hope and pray that it all works out all right."

Hope and pray indeed.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Dentali wrote:Congressman Jason Samara
@JSam8

If ISIS is defeated the is right to withdraw from Syria, we should not be the policeman of the world. However we should ensure that our withdraw does not add to the instability of the region and make the situation worse. In sure I agree with the goals but want to ensure the methods we take to achieve the goal are sound.

Julie Mondale
@NotThatMondale

Might want to reread your tweet Congressman, because last time I heard, I thought you expected elected officials to proofread first. This is yet another example of the political sideshows and hypocrisy that the Democratic Party shows, even among the ranks of its fresh-faced members.

Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Marlowe Campaign Press Conference

The Teragram Ballroom
Los Angeles
California

Scotty finished answering a couple questions regarding his platform and a couple more personality-based ones, nothing too difficult. Emilio nodded, checking the time as Scotty continued.

"Any more questions?"
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Joh Stansky
@GiveJohaGo!

At times like these, I like to remember certain lyrics of Edwin Starr: “War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!” Congratulations on the President for making the correct move.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

The Teragram Ballroom
Los Angeles
California

Scotty finished answering a couple questions regarding his platform and a couple more personality-based ones, nothing too difficult. Emilio nodded, checking the time as Scotty continued.

"Any more questions?"

"Hi my name is Julia Hart Reporter for KLTA 5, recently a former Stanford University Student was sentenced to prison for just 6 months following a sexual assault. Do you believe we need toughen our sex crime sentences?"

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Congressman Samara's Office

Capital Hill
Washington
District of Columbia

Eleanor popped a third mint as she awaited the Congressman's response to her question about who he was looking to head the proposed criminal justice bill.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Of course, Senator. May I ask what your intent is for this would-be meeting with Senator Amaras?" He inquired.

"I'm here regarding some legislation I have written." Kramer replied.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Dentali wrote:

The Teragram Ballroom
Los Angeles
California

"Any more questions?"

"Hi my name is Julia Hart Reporter for KLTA 5, recently a former Stanford University Student was sentenced to prison for just 6 months following a sexual assault. Do you believe we need toughen our sex crime sentences?"

Scotty listened, nodding as she spoke.

"I do not know the specifics of that case in particular, but yes, we need to strengthen our sexual assault and rape criminal sentencing. I have been a vocal advocate for these changes, and as I stated before, I remain committed to helping the LAPD create its first, fully dedicated sexual crimes task force to not only increase the time served by rapists and assaulters but to increase reporting and convictions in the first place."

He paused.

"Thank you Ms. Hart, any other questions?"

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Sanabel wrote:Schlang's House, Jersey City, New Jersey

"This gal sounds like a class act. How do you know her, C-Dog?"

Augusta, Maine

“We both worked on the Blood campaign, she was a criminal justice reform advocate. We’ve been friends for a while.” She responded. “We both had aspirations, she didn’t get as far as I did but she’s deserving of it. Definitely someone to consider.”
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Dentali wrote:

Scotty listened, nodding as she spoke.

"I do not know the specifics of that case in particular, but yes, we need to strengthen our sexual assault and rape criminal sentencing. I have been a vocal advocate for these changes, and as I stated before, I remain committed to helping the LAPD create its first, fully dedicated sexual crimes task force to not only increase the time served by rapists and assaulters but to increase reporting and convictions in the first place."

He paused.

"Thank you Ms. Hart, any other questions?"

"Yes, on its current trajectory L.A. is projected to have a deficit of over $200 million, how big a problem is the deficit and how will you shrink it as governor?"

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Schlang's House, Jersey City, New Jersey

"Welp, she sounds great C-Dog. Thanks for the help. Now let's hope I fuckin win this so I can get on over to Iowa."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
"What the President has done is said we will abandon our allies all while ISIS still exists. Assad is still free to gas his own people and get airstrikes from Russia and Iran. It is a sad disaster. And it is even sadder that the Democrats and the Progressives don't believe in fighting for what's right."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
Regarding the withdrawal of American troops from the Middle East I support the actions of the President.

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
For too long the United States has been forced into foreign entanglements in the pursuit of the flawed policy of nation building. As a result brave Americans are sent to die on foreign soil leaving their mothers sonless and their children fatherless.

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
I hope I am joined in praying for the safe return of America's heroes back into our homes and into our communities.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

"Could you disclose the subject, or is it confidential?" The secretary inquired.
Male.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Could you disclose the subject, or is it confidential?" The secretary inquired.

"My apologies Sir, I have brought the bill with me in order to persuade Senator Amaras to sponsor it." Kramer replied politely.

Kramer went over the secretary's question in his mind before speaking again.

"I'm truly sorry Sir, my bill is focused on the issue of environment protections."
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:57 pm

"Welp, she sounds great C-Dog. Thanks for the help. Now let's hope I fuckin win this so I can get on over to Iowa."

Augusta, Maine

Patton glaced up at the clock.

“I think you’ll pull it out Schlang, shouldn’t be anything too bad. In regards to Iowa, well, just know I might be making quite a few visits myself. Frankly though, I think its a little too early to talk on that matter, hmm?” She said.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:00 pm

While the secretary's professional demeanor had been largely impeccable to that point, he was still a staffer in the office to learn to reach the top level of business professionalism, not because he had attained it, and he thus briefly showed surprise at Kramer's response before quickly recovering.

"I'll let him know you've arrived, Senator."

A few moments later, he returned.

"Right this way, Senator," he offered, gesturing onward.
Male.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Prolieum wrote:

While the secretary's professional demeanor had been largely impeccable to that point, he was still a staffer in the office to learn to reach the top level of business professionalism, not because he had attained it, and he thus briefly showed surprise at Kramer's response before quickly recovering.

"I'll let him know you've arrived, Senator."

A few moments later, he returned.

"Right this way, Senator," he offered, gesturing onward.

"Of course Sir." Kramer said as he walked in the direction the secretary was gesturing towards.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Schlang's House, Jersey City, New Jersey

"Ain't too early if we wanna win. I'll see ya on the trail, I'm gonna demolish you 8) " he laughed.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:07 pm

The distance was short. A few steps beyond the entranceway, the staff area was plainly visible, a number of similarly professionally dressed men, and a few women, at work at set-together desks, the area resembling a company's workspace more than a Congressional office, which was likely the point. At the far end of the room, a solid glass wall with a door in it, all transparent, beyond which sat Peter Amaras at his desk.

"Right through that door, Senator," the secretary helpfully informed, then returned to his own desk.
Male.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:08 pm

"Ain't too early if we wanna win. I'll see ya on the trail, I'm gonna demolish you 8) " he laughed.

Augusta, Maine

Patton smiled at that.

“We’ll see.” She promised, before hanging up. Now it was back to Robert. It had probably felt like ages in that bedroom, and she felt a slight tinge of guilt before shrugging and making her way back in.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Hotchkiss 2017 Campaign Headquarters, Trenton, New Jersey

Hotchkiss's campaign headquarters was a rather dreary place. Not dilapidated-the paint on the walls was fresh, and the arrangement of the room was tasteful, well-lit, efficient laid-out, yet cozy. A long table on one side offered a small variety of appetizers, bowls of salad, Hors d'oeuvre, and a projector shone onto a screen on the far side, a fairly good image with seating for the watchers, though most viewing it were seated around the round table in the room's centre, with a pair of workers at the rows of monitors on the room's flanks, trawling for news.

The dreariness was not the fault of the building or room, but rather came from the various persons assembled in it. There was little excess energy between them, or visible excitement, and gave a feeling of internal weather that was decidedly overcast. Part of the problem may have been in the absence of youth among the collected. The group was already a small one, largely senior advisers without the typical crowd of excitable interns or enthused supporters that she expected Schlang, Stansky, and Soberman had in their own "watch parties." Hotchkiss had thought such parties frivolous and best and ridiculous at worst, and all the more so when she hardly had been in a race. Whether her opinion was a valid or not, the limited slate of invites had left the sixty-something Governor near to the room's median age, and a rare second X chromosome in a room quite well stocked with white men, her Chief of Staff one of the only other exceptions.

Her own results had been declared very early, and got some light applause for the room, not that it was a surprise. No one of any significance had decided to take a shot at her, and while she doubted that refraining from doing so was out of love, and while she knew well that the votes that were coming in for her did not come from any great enthusiasm, she would settle for the shrugging resignation that her part of the voting base had for her.

The Democratic race was, obviously, a much tenser affair, that had her craving a cigarette even as she operated in her own low-energy state. When they finally called for Schlang, with the margin on-screen, she did not bother to react. When Stansky came on to concede-whatever words he used, it was clear that a concession was what it was-she committed to raising an eyebrow. She would have expected him to contest the results, but as the hours rolled on into the late night and early morning, it became clear that the primary was over. She had her opponent.

It was probably the worse of the outcomes available to her, Schlang as an opponent. Realistically, he could, and should, find himself on the way to a prison before election day even came, but he would find a way to string out the courts long enough that they would have their contest, at the least, and with the legislature as intractable as it had been, he expected he would have no lack of ammunition to fire her way. Perhaps, however, a frontal assault would leave him blind to his opposite flank.

Fiddling with an entirely unappetizing carrot stick between her fingers, she looked across the table to Tom, her "Connection Coordinator", and saw agreement in his glance.

"Let's bring in Stansky."
Male.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Prolieum wrote:

The distance was short. A few steps beyond the entranceway, the staff area was plainly visible, a number of similarly professionally dressed men, and a few women, at work at set-together desks, the area resembling a company's workspace more than a Congressional office, which was likely the point. At the far end of the room, a solid glass wall with a door in it, all transparent, beyond which sat Peter Amaras at his desk.

"Right through that door, Senator," the secretary helpfully informed, then returned to his own desk.

"Thank you Sir." Kramer said to the secretary as he departed before walking over to the transparent door and knocking gently upon it.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse