NATION

PASSWORD

Your nation's largest city?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Your nation's largest city?

Postby Senestrum » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:15 am

This thread is quite simple. Merely post some information about your nations largest city, including pictures if you so wish.

The largest city in Senestrum, Eos, is a dense, sprawling city containing an incredibly large number of people. Some three billion people, half the nation's population, call it home. Bound in the north by the central mountain range, in the east by one of the highest mountain ranges in the world, and in the southwest by the ocean, it is essentially as large as it will ever be, and further development has been aimed at making it ever more urbanized to accommodate the massive population. The logistical lengths needed to support such an enormous city are absurd; massive nuclear desalination plants provide the vast amounts of water needed, while also providing much of the city's power. Despite being supported by the vast farms of the northern plains, demand for food is still so massive that the city is dotted with vertical farms; skyscrapers filled to the brim with floor after floor of growing areas providing fresh fish and produce to surrounding neighborhoods. In such a massive city, waste is an almost insurmountable problem, and so recycling is paramount.

A fairly unremarkable area of the city, showing only some of the wide variety of architectural styles present.

A small section of the coast, displaying the extreme level of urbanization present on the waterfront.

A view of the northern portion of the Pinnacle District, home to the tallest buildings in Senestrum. The extreme building height is possible only due to extremely sturdy bedrock, in the form of a massive granite slab less than a hundred meters below the ground.
Last edited by Senestrum on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:00 am

That would be the capital, Saurus City, consisting of 300 million inhabitants:

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Thevenin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thevenin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:02 am

The largest City is Hypatia, located in the district of Alexandria, in the northern Kepler region. It also functions as the Capital City, and houses the Thevenin National Council building. It is the 2nd oldest city in Thevenin, Kepler being the oldest and from where the region gained it's name. It is made up of 4 townships, and has a population of 10 million. It is the home of the Aelius Galenus medical college, the largest such school in the nation.

Below is a picture of the Thevenin National Council building with a statue of Generalissimo Phineas The Wanton on the left.

Last edited by Thevenin on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United Districts of 1
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 am

P'rotus is the largest city in the UD1. It's located in the western district on a peninsula. It has a population 10 million.
Please refer to me as The Kyoto Trade Union at all times in IC
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!
My name in cat= Aknò:ziˑn rnckxx zeˑx

Free United States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Free United States » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:19 am

The largest city in the Commonwealth is Osius City, located in the central-western province of Osius. Originally the feudal center of power, it is dominated by a large, modern cityscape of glass and steel skyscrapers, though retaining the marks of the past with several castles in the area. The financial capital of the country, it is sometimes called the "Western Capital" in relation to the real capitol of Meridian, located to the southeast.

Omniphasa
Attaché

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Omniphasa » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:21 am

The capital, and largest city in Omniphasa has to be Omnatu, meaning in Omniphasas secondary language 'Place of those who came from the Heavens'.
It has about 8.9 million citizens, but expanding massively, according to new architectural designs, allowing for self-sufficiency without having to buy anything.

Here in the background you see Omnatu. Infront is the more outskirts of it.
Since the people of Omniphasa are becoming quite spiritual and awakened to the Truth, they also begin to dress more freely because of the free abundance that is meant for All.
~ Grand Vizier Mehdi Khodadad of the Islamic Republic of Omniphasa

Maolandia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maolandia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:32 am

Our largest city is Marxingrad, Population 14.5 million.
- Central Committee- Chairman of Central Committee, Comrade Leb
- Discipline Commission- Chief Discipline Officer, Comrade Tin
- National People's Congress- Speaker of Congress, Comrade Bel
- People's Communes- Secretary of People's Commune, Comrade Farr
- Worker's Councils- Head Councilor, Comrade Leb
- Union of People's Cooperative- Secretary of UPC, Comrade Leb
- Supreme Court- Chief Justice, Comrade Wells
- Class Consciousness Inspector- Chief Inspector General, Comrade Engl
- People's Defense Commission- Chairman of PDC, Comrade Leb
- Industrial Sector Union- Chief of Union, Comrade Leb

Anogen Dys
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Anogen Dys » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 am

The capital and largest city in Anogen Dys is Incharge City (Erikha), located i nthe east of the country, a metropolis of over 8 million people.

It was founded in 1482 as Erikha, by Emperor Erik I, the first emperor of Anogen Dys. Between 10 Febuary and 29 March 1984, the Battle of Erikha, the climax of the Anogenese Civil War, was thought here. Inorev forces overthrew Emperor Yuri IV, and the Free Land was established on 4 April. Erikha was renamed Incharge City, after the country's new "National Director".

The city is located on the River Vehan, the country's longest river, and fishing has long been a mjor source of income for it's inhabitants.

Umbreria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbreria » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

Umbreria's capital city is the city of Providence, named as a reference to the religious beliefs of our people.
"The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction."

- Shylock, 'The Merchant of Venice', Act II, Scene I.

Star Trek America
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Star Trek America » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

That would be New Cairo with a population bordering on 36 million; it is the capital of the Federation as it was capital of the Empire before it.

Viva la Française

Zellatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zellatia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Zellton City with a grand population total of 115 million citizens living in Zellatia, with ancient walls surrounding the city walls. Originally the city walls were seperated as they surrounded different cities, but as of 150 years ago, the populations got so great that the walls were shifted to surround all of the cities, which evenutally combined into the capital, also is Zellton City. Each district of the city used to be a different city, with the exception of the consular, economic, and imperial districts, which sprang up relatively recently. The city has lost chunks of the population over the years, as during its height it contained 150 million, but it always recovers. The city is magnificent, and only has a light smog cloud, that on a particularly windy day, blows away.

Jurassic Park Remnant
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jurassic Park Remnant » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:21 pm

We do not have cities per se, but the Jurassic Council meets in the ruins of the Visitor Center in the Humans' former amusement park on Isla Nublar.

The Council of the Dinosaurs on Isla Sorna meets in the Site B Operations Center on the south of the island.

Icesun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Icesun » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:26 pm

The Capital City Ireneus Honorius, also the largest city on Icesun.
Population currently stands at 1.8 million (population growing).
Eco: -3.50, Social: -4.05
Icesun
Founder of The Midwestern Rim
Factbook [Under Construction]
[1][2][3][4][[5]]
Member of the Stonewall Alliance

Henders Island
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Henders Island » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 pm

hendersii: it's also our only city
It's composed of four airships from Prevania linked to each other with walkways, and armed with saltwater guns for defence against the native life below it on the island.

Greckan Tribes
Secretary

Founded: Oct 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greckan Tribes » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Grecka-capital

population: 2,000,000 people
jobs: 1,950,000
buildings: 3,500,000
Last edited by Greckan Tribes on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Almighty, Great Protector, Grand Sovereign, Son of God, the Undefeated Warrior, the Tireless Aggressor, Uniter of the Tribes, King of all Grecka, Great Lord of all Tribes, Commander-n-Chief of the Tribal Armies, The Neverending Protector of Grecka's Sovereignty, The Great God of Gods, The Powerful Warrior of the Sun, The Grand Imperator, Almight Chairman, The Iron Chancellor, Great Lord Fry

We have a dictator but we are not a dictatorship because dictatorship implies that the Great Lord Fry has faults

Mid Lothian
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mid Lothian » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:42 pm

With a population of over 10 million, that would be Edinburgh - which is also our capital as well.

Central Edinburgh.

The City of Edinburgh - both the Edinburgh Stock Exchange and Bank of Mid Lothian are based here.

Edinburgh Docklands - in the 1980s, this area underwent massive regeneration, turning it from a derelict dockyards to a major financial centre.

Edinburgh at night
Please note that Mid Lothian is based on fantasy. Any references to anything/one/where that exists is completely coincidential.
Frequently used abbreviations: HoS = Head of State; HoG = Head of Government; ML = Mid Lothian; KSS - Kate Stephens-Smith.
Fancy an embassy in ML? Click me for details. (PS - I'll return the favour.)
I am usually rewriting stuff about Mid Lothian - just because it's true today isn't necessarily true tomorrow.

Warning - Full-time Grammar Nazi at work. You have been warned. (I guess that's due to my mum being an English teacher. Also, don't use masculine words to describe me - my name is Rebecca, which is clearly a feminine name.)

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Largest by population: Cuerak (3.08 billion)
Largest by area: Darkaan (35,971 sq mi)
Last edited by Maraque on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seculartopia
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seculartopia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Seculartopia City, population 1.5 Billion.

:P
Last edited by Seculartopia on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOL....Google Chrome doesnt support the Google Toolbar
|Seculartopia Encyclopedia|
|Ask Seculartopia A Question|

Alliances- International Secular Coalition-AMTF-Comintern Founding Member-Nuclear Arms Assembly

Ifreann Awesomeness
Rhodmire wrote:4/5 for being bold enough to put up what looks like something made from MS Paint.
That takes balls, and you've got them.

All was dark when the armies surrounded the town. There was little bloodshed as they swept in, and they quickly took control. "Success," said a communicator, "a base has been established."

OOC:There. Now, we'll wait for UK to catch up.

^EPIC RP GODMOD FAIL!!

Civics Quiz
You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %
Average score for this quiz during August: 75.6%

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Our largest city, and glorious capital, is Perineum, in Ani Province, near the twin cities of Levator and Sphincter. Natives of Perineum (as well as the champion Ringball team of Perineum University (P.U.)) are colloquially known as Taints. Perineum is also where the Finals of the Annual National Farting Contest are held.
Last edited by Coccygia on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Stuffed Taxidermists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stuffed Taxidermists » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Thaplace City is my capital Population 10 million of my people, but about 500,000 million of my puppets people live there too.
Last edited by Stuffed Taxidermists on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cartfartium wrote:Winwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwcakewinwinwinwinwinwin.

Lyndiana wrote:No! NO!! BAD Vanilla Ice! You spit that thing out RIGHT NOW!
Clicky
Slavbada (Leader):N/A
Vichy Slavbada: N/A
Wiki
National Factbook
Embassy Program
Defcon: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
RP Population: 950,000,000

Demen
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Our largest out of planet colony is Distaria:Image

Our largest inner-planet colony is City 12: Image

The large building in the middle is the Demenise spire, which is the tallest building on Calia(Demenise home world).
Last edited by Demen on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The New Gaula Reich
Diplomat

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Gaula Reich » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:26 pm

following the Great Reunion, Gaulapolis, our capital. The population is approximative 72.4 million. It looks much like a city that foreigners call "Paris". Most of the population lives north of the River Seinen, and on the River Seinen there is a Kreigsmarine base, and an island called "Isle auf Polis", in which there is a Wehrmacht base. The Gaulapolis Metro handles 58 million passengers per day. "Palace auf Premeir" is in the Opera District. The Reichstag is in Trocadalen. "Reichscourten" is in Das Halles and Auf Breinen. The legendary Gaulapolis Cave system is in either Champwurst, or Larrinen. The Legendary Gaulapolis Subterranean Cave System is in Place auf Bastellen, Parc auf Lancharm, Bellenville, Place auf Canal Premeir Martin, and Das Ville. many people live not indoors, but rather atop roofs. It is believed that the PSR is housed in Gaulapolis.

a military parade

there is a rumor that there are 50 million robots in the city.
under capitalism, man exploits man, under communism, the exact opposite is true.
Embassy
Conoga wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Where my massive armada consisting of anime characters, the Indian Empire, catgirls, and succubi train.

Mine's bigger.
Complete map of The Fifth Reich's Claims in Europe and surrounding nations, other territories in the Pacific Ocean, and South America.
1 April 2011, Best April Fools Day evar!

Selathorn
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Selathorn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:26 pm

The Haven is our largest city with a massive 75 million people living in it. Unlike most cities, it's built out more then up, with plenty of green space, but is also self-contained and very self-sufficient.

A view of the Haven, near Lake Polaris, a small waterbody inside the city.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:30 pm

The Holy Imperial Capital of Symphonia is also the largest city. Symphony, with nearly 100 million people packed into the city limits itself, is a sprawing metropolis that serves as the center of financial and trading wealth for the Holy Empire of Symphonia. It also serves as the religous center of Symphonia, holding the largest cathedral in Symphonia within the Excelis District. The Imperial Palace is also nearby, housing the majority of the Imperial government within its massive walls.

Downtown district of Terra Imperiale, holding replicas of famous world icons.

Inside the Cathedral of The Wings, the west hall
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Valencia at over 415 million
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage
Military Size: 46.2 Million (1%)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information