NATION

PASSWORD

Of Desert Lionesses and Sand Raptors (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:24 pm

When Razia mentions that Able Sailor Rasha Qadir likes popsicles, immediatly Pavel and Anax look at each other with a mischevious glint in their eyes, but as the conversation between Amana and the Sultana follows, the spark dissapears.
"If we had been alone with my Alphas, says the Emperor, you can be sure that at least one of us would have made a naughty joke about that. Anyway, Sultana, this Saltah was delicious, continues Anax as he pushes his now empty plate in front of him, followed by his wife and friends. Once again, your cooks know their jobs, he finishes with a large smile.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:08 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:When Razia mentions that Able Sailor Rasha Qadir likes popsicles, immediatly Pavel and Anax look at each other with a mischevious glint in their eyes, but as the conversation between Amana and the Sultana follows, the spark dissapears.
"If we had been alone with my Alphas, says the Emperor, you can be sure that at least one of us would have made a naughty joke about that. Anyway, Sultana, this Saltah was delicious, continues Anax as he pushes his now empty plate in front of him, followed by his wife and friends. Once again, your cooks know their jobs, he finishes with a large smile.

"I am sure, that they will welcome the compliment.", the Sultana said with a small smile, agreeing with the compliment. "They surely know their stuff... better then me, if I am to be honest."
There was a small cough, which disguised a laugh, coming from the Grand Vizier, who, for his troubles, received a glare. While the Sultana's lack of skill as an orator was well known (to the point of announcements of her presence at an occasion including whether or not it would include a speech of hers or not), her lack of skill as a cook was not so much known.
She was good at baking, though.
"Seconds?", Khan Adil asked pleasantly, "I know, that I will take some!"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:14 pm

"Only a small bit, replies Anna to Adil's question. The last thing I want is to eat too much, and feel tired afterwards during the concert.
-Likewise, add Pavel, Alicia and Anax.
Although the glare sent by the Sultana to her Grand Vizier was not lost to any of the Scarlet Eagleans, they knew better than to comment about it. Although Alicia was very tempted at a moment to make a sarcastic remark about not putting yourself at odds with your boss, in addirion of your guests.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:32 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Only a small bit, replies Anna to Adil's question. The last thing I want is to eat too much, and feel tired afterwards during the concert.
-Likewise, add Pavel, Alicia and Anax.
Although the glare sent by the Sultana to her Grand Vizier was not lost to any of the Scarlet Eagleans, they knew better than to comment about it. Although Alicia was very tempted at a moment to make a sarcastic remark about not putting yourself at odds with your boss, in addirion of your guests.

The Handmaiden nodded responsible nodded and collected the plates, including the one of Adil, who asked her for a normal-sized second portion.
She nodded again and was off to fetch everything.
"The concert will be interesting.", the Sultana remarked, "I don't know the specifics, but I know, that the TBA's Big Band planned a few little surprises with their singers and songs. I also heard, that you already met some of the HGA's youngest generation of singers. The Cherries were delighted to hear, that you liked their song."
Aware, that they resisted any sort of remark, the Grand Vizier smiled.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:26 pm

"You can be proud of the Cherries, says the Empress, I'm sure they'll be one of the best groups of Handmaidens this Palace has ever seen.
-As for us liking their song, continues the Emperor, I don't see why we wouldn't, since their accent was good, and it happens to be the marching song of one of the Rapid Action Tactical Battalions of our Personal Brigade. That would have been the same if they had sung Panzerlied, which is the song of the 5th RATB. I'll have to tell tou the story behind this unit,it is a special and unusual one.
-So, Sultana, do you know by any chance when people are going to interact with us at the concert? asks Pavel. Before, or maybe during the entract, if there's one?"
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:48 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"You can be proud of the Cherries, says the Empress, I'm sure they'll be one of the best groups of Handmaidens this Palace has ever seen.
-As for us liking their song, continues the Emperor, I don't see why we wouldn't, since their accent was good, and it happens to be the marching song of one of the Rapid Action Tactical Battalions of our Personal Brigade. That would have been the same if they had sung Panzerlied, which is the song of the 5th RATB. I'll have to tell tou the story behind this unit,it is a special and unusual one.
-So, Sultana, do you know by any chance when people are going to interact with us at the concert? asks Pavel. Before, or maybe during the entract, if there's one?"

The Sultana did not mention, that songs like that were mostly used to teaching a language - not the Panzerlied, a butchery of such a beautiful language such as German, but the Song of the Onions.
The reason was the arrival of second helpings and the fact, that she had another question to answer.
She was proud of both the Cherries and of every child of her Ilkhanate, though.
"The concert will have three segments.", the Grand Vizier replied, "Before the first part, there will be some time between your planned arrival, with announcer, of course, to mingle with people. During both Entr'actes, you will have the chance as well. After it, same." He let a beat pass. "I know, that some people want to have a few words with you, and maybe others want to speak with you as well." He let a beat pass as a Handmaiden placed a fresh bowl in front of him. "Thank you, my dear. In any case..." He smiled slightly. "The question you must answer yourself is, though... who do you want to speak to?"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:41 pm

"Sorry to dissapoint you, Grand Vizier, replies Alicia with a small smirk. Tonight, we plan to let people come to us, rather than going directly to contact. This way, we have more time to adapt to our interlocutors.
-Indeed, continues Anaximander, since not everyone tonight is thrilled to see us.
And no Pavel, continues the Emperor as he turns his gaze to his faithful bodyguard, I see you coming with your question if we should take our stab vests. I don't have to remind you that the cloaked daggers mentioned by Damir are metaphorical, and should something happen to us,the perpetrators would find their necks facing a Tabardariyya axe faster than they can blink. Understood?", to which the male Colonel replies with a simple nod before resuming eating, just like his colleagues.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Sorry to dissapoint you, Grand Vizier, replies Alicia with a small smirk. Tonight, we plan to let people come to us, rather than going directly to contact. This way, we have more time to adapt to our interlocutors.
-Indeed, continues Anaximander, since not everyone tonight is thrilled to see us.
And no Pavel, continues the Emperor as he turns his gaze to his faithful bodyguard, I see you coming with your question if we should take our stab vests. I don't have to remind you that the cloaked daggers mentioned by Damir are metaphorical, and should something happen to us,the perpetrators would find their necks facing a Tabardariyya axe faster than they can blink. Understood?", to which the male Colonel replies with a simple nod before resuming eating, just like his colleagues.

The Grand Vizier, spoon in hand, laughed, while the other Kyrenaians smiled.
"Very good answer, Young Emperor!", he said and grinned, "Indeed very good - both parts!" He put his spoon into the stew, swirling a bit to have something nice on it. "Although, I must admit, that the first part is a bit of a new answer to me. Usually, around these parts, people of higher standing wait for others to come to them as a show of their power - 'You come to me because you want something from me', if you will. That means both perceived power and actual power... as well as situational power."
"But what about people literally running into each other?", Amana asked with a raised eyebrow, "Wouldn't that break the system?"
"Very much correct. Hence why the Sultana doesn't tour the room during balls.", the Grand Vizier spoke, "Even her dance partners come to her, not to mention the nibbles."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:19 pm

"What you said, couldn't be more true, Grand Vizier, says Anaximander, and I also had it in mind, but we thought it was obvious for anyone here, so that's why we didn't mention it. However, I'm sure that tonight, we'll be among the youngest people in the room, and that is a fact that some people may try to use to their advantage.
-Which can explain why, continues Anna, a small part of us will tonight be in soldier mode, thinking from where the threat may come. And what's this story about nibbles? adds the Empress with a raised eyebrow to Razia.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:01 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"What you said, couldn't be more true, Grand Vizier, says Anaximander, and I also had it in mind, but we thought it was obvious for anyone here, so that's why we didn't mention it. However, I'm sure that tonight, we'll be among the youngest people in the room, and that is a fact that some people may try to use to their advantage.
-Which can explain why, continues Anna, a small part of us will tonight be in soldier mode, thinking from where the threat may come. And what's this story about nibbles? adds the Empress with a raised eyebrow to Razia.

"Amongst the youngest, most certainly.", the Sultana admitted to Anaximander with a small smile, "At least from what the ID says. Some of our court can be a bit childish at times..."
"Case in point...", Adil said and raised his hand a bit with a grin - the way he held his hand could also be interpreted as him pointing to the Sultana, which caused a round of laughter, especially as the Sultana looked at him with a smile, that would make sharks run for their lives. Adil hurried to his own defense: "I meant myself."
The Sultana nodded, then turned to Anna: "As for the nibbles, that is an old story. Basically, I was in a few delightful conversations, but didn't have time to eat and was getting a bit parched. So, I asked a Handmaiden, whether or not she could grab me a small plate and bring it... hence the saying, 'The Sultana is so powerful, the food comes to her, not the other way around.'"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:54 pm

When Adil makes his remark about the Sultana, the four Americans join.the laughter, with Pavel saying: "Smart move, Khan", as the nobleman corrects himself.
"Aah, this kind of nibble, says Anna with a surprised tone. I don't know why,but I was thinking about this kind, she adds as she points to her neck, in the space between her neckerchief and her neck. Anyway, it is a very good saying, especially when you have such delicious food, she finishes as she points to her now empty plate.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:When Adil makes his remark about the Sultana, the four Americans join.the laughter, with Pavel saying: "Smart move, Khan", as the nobleman corrects himself.
"Aah, this kind of nibble, says Anna with a surprised tone. I don't know why,but I was thinking about this kind, she adds as she points to her neck, in the space between her neckerchief and her neck. Anyway, it is a very good saying, especially when you have such delicious food, she finishes as she points to her now empty plate.

"Oh, when I was your age, I often wore high collars.", the Sultana said with a smile, "Dschafar was a very good kisser, so I know, what you mean... still, it was just the 'normal' kind of nibbles."
The last plates, emptied by now, were taken away and dessert came, basket filled with what looked like fruits, but they were, in fact, marzipan confections made to look like fruit, painted in the colours and with a bit of flavour from the fruits they depicted included, making them delicious little treats.
"Like there.", the Sultana said and took one, which looked like a date. "We should be careful, ladies, otherwise, we will only get fat and it will go all into the wrong places."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:21 am

"Meh, don't worry Sultana, replies Alicia as she picks one treat, looking like a raspberry. Our line of work, and the training that goes with it, help us reduce that risk.
-Indeed, continues the Empress as she picks a strawberry, only to put it into her husband's mouth, before taking one again for herself, a small piece of pineapple. Ddon't be surprised when you'll see me tomorrow doing a 200 meter -carry, with my husband on my back. Since you need to rest honey, it'll be good for both of us, she adds to Anaximander.
- I couldn't agree more with you, replies the Emperor as he kisses his wife quickly on the lips, making Pavel mutter "Get a room already", causing the Imperial couple to stick both of their tongues at him, causing Alicia in turn to chuckle a bit.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:26 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Meh, don't worry Sultana, replies Alicia as she picks one treat, looking like a raspberry. Our line of work, and the training that goes with it, help us reduce that risk.
-Indeed, continues the Empress as she picks a strawberry, only to put it into her husband's mouth, before taking one again for herself, a small piece of pineapple. Ddon't be surprised when you'll see me tomorrow doing a 200 meter -carry, with my husband on my back. Since you need to rest honey, it'll be good for both of us, she adds to Anaximander.
- I couldn't agree more with you, replies the Emperor as he kisses his wife quickly on the lips, making Pavel mutter "Get a room already", causing the Imperial couple to stick both of their tongues at him, causing Alicia in turn to chuckle a bit.

"Oh, better avoid the risk then to work it off.", the Sultana said and took the next piece, this time a strawberry. Amana took a piece as well, an apple. "Allows one to work on the figure instead of correcting."
Her tone revealed, that she was speaking from experience.
"In any case...", Adil asked, looking to Pavel and Anax, "...aren't you two invited to the TBA's Literature Club tomorrow? I know, that the lads are looking forward to it and the broadcast."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 pm

"Indeed we are, replies Pavel to Adil as he picks a date, before eating it. The subject will be The Lord of the Rings. Can't say I have read it before.
-Although Yuri will accompany us, he hasn't read it either, so neither of us three may have something relevant to answer, but we shall see how it goes. But you got me intrigued, what's this story about a broadcast? Are there going to be television cameras or what?
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:15 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Indeed we are, replies Pavel to Adil as he picks a date, before eating it. The subject will be The Lord of the Rings. Can't say I have read it before.
-Although Yuri will accompany us, he hasn't read it either, so neither of us three may have something relevant to answer, but we shall see how it goes. But you got me intrigued, what's this story about a broadcast? Are there going to be television cameras or what?

"That one's going to be fun... have you at least watched the movies?", Amana asked Pavel.
Meanwhile, Adil replied to Anaximander: "Not TV, but stream. The TBA is rightfully proud of its Literature Club and they started to broadcast their discussions a few years ago, once a month, via Internet. They are quite fun to watch!" He picked a candy and added, before he popped it into his mouth: "They work together with the IT-Club to get that show on the road. Even with a jingle, commercial breaks and so on... looks quite professional!"
Then, he popped the candy into his mouth with a smile.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:49 pm

"No, not a single one, replies Pavel to Amana. We've always been more interested in Star Wars. But we know some of the memes behind the franchise, like the famous My precious, from Gollum, or They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard.. That's all we'll have as arguments. It's thinner than a paper sheet, I know, but it's a start.
-Then I'll be sure to let my Squadron know about it, so that they watch it, replies Anaximander as he picks a litchi and pops it into his mouth before continuing. A question just crossed my mind, what would have happened if we had come disguised, for example me as Sauron and Pavel and Yuri as Nazguls?
- I don't think doing this would have helped you appear less ridiculous than you'll already be for not knowing anything about the topic at hand,replies Alicia with a bit of sarcasm.
-I would remark to you, Alicia, answers the Emperor, that we'll be doing adult things, unlike you who's going to play an elaborated version of My Little Pony". This sentence causes Pavel and Anna to chuckle at the female's Morozov, who replies with a simple "Touché."
-Joke aside, Anax, what do you think we should wear tomorrow? asks Pavel to his friend.
-Let's see...I think our Service Uniform with a plate carrier over it, and you taking your MP7, would be enough. After all, One does not simply walk into Mordor, finishes the Emperor with a malicious smirk.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"No, not a single one, replies Pavel to Amana. We've always been more interested in Star Wars. But we know some of the memes behind the franchise, like the famous My precious, from Gollum, or They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard.. That's all we'll have as arguments. It's thinner than a paper sheet, I know, but it's a start.
-Then I'll be sure to let my Squadron know about it, so that they watch it, replies Anaximander as he picks a litchi and pops it into his mouth before continuing. A question just crossed my mind, what would have happened if we had come disguised, for example me as Sauron and Pavel and Yuri as Nazguls?
- I don't think doing this would have helped you appear less ridiculous than you'll already be for not knowing anything about the topic at hand,replies Alicia with a bit of sarcasm.
-I would remark to you, Alicia, answers the Emperor, that we'll be doing adult things, unlike you who's going to play an elaborated version of My Little Pony". This sentence causes Pavel and Anna to chuckle at the female's Morozov, who replies with a simple "Touché."
-Joke aside, Anax, what do you think we should wear tomorrow? asks Pavel to his friend.
-Let's see...I think our Service Uniform with a plate carrier over it, and you taking your MP7, would be enough. After all, One does not simply walk into Mordor, finishes the Emperor with a malicious smirk.

The male Kyrenaians laughed at that.
"Mordor is a kindergarten compared to the TBA's Literature Club!", Adil said with a smile, "But you will need none of that, believe me. The only thing capable of harming you there would be words and the only thing able to protect you from that would be earplugs!" He reached for the bowl closest to him. "If you want my recommendation, a dark Informal Suit or, if everything else fails, indeed the service uniforms. Maybe you two could even get your hands on the uniforms of the TBA... but that's for the lads to decide."
A confectionary in his hand, he popped it into his mouth.
"I would recommend something along those lines as well.", al-Zahir added, "Simply for the image you are going to project. If you get there all armed and armoured, you are going to be left to the wayside, while the boys have all the fun discussing Tolkien's work. But if you at least look approachable, they are going to be able to integrate you easier into the conversation and discussion, even if you have no knowledge of the subject matter... which I don't have either."
"Maybe you could draw parallels to Star Wars from what you hear during the discussion.", Adil proposed, then grinned, "I am sure, that you will find a good opportunity and enough things to talk about."

Amana, meanwhile, reaches over to Alicia.
"Don't worry, it won't be My little Pony. No pegasi and unicorns, instead a horde of mounted lassies with nothing better to do then to care for their equines.", she explained for both women, "Don't get me wrong, I really respect them and their skills, especially since Aurelia's team can make me into a porcupine from half a kilometre away from the backs of their horses galloping past, but horses are not for little Amanas."
The Sultana raised an eyebrow: "Fell off, eh?"
"Quite often.", the football-playing Princess grumbled.
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:58 am

"Then Service Uniforms it will be, replies Anaximander, because none of us packed Business suits. Anyway, there's indeed no need to arrive looking like yo're going to fight Smaug. The only thing that may look unsettling may be our pistols holsters on our thighs, but I think we'll switch to shoulder holsters and hide them underneath our Scarlet Rangers black leather jackets. What? There's not only your Naval Aviators who can wear cool stuff, you know, adds the Emperor with a smirk.
-You're right, continues Pavel, maybe we'll find something to draw a parallel from Star Wars."

"Don't worry, replies Alicia, at least you have something else to blossom. About their skills with a bow, we ask something similar to the Mounted Troops of the Imperial Guard, which is to be able to shoot a target at 250 meters with their M14 rifle while riding. And trust me, at this game, Anna is one of the best I know.
-Oh, it's nothing, answers the Empress with a small blush.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:13 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Then Service Uniforms it will be, replies Anaximander, because none of us packed Business suits. Anyway, there's indeed no need to arrive looking like yo're going to fight Smaug. The only thing that may look unsettling may be our pistols holsters on our thighs, but I think we'll switch to shoulder holsters and hide them underneath our Scarlet Rangers black leather jackets. What? There's not only your Naval Aviators who can wear cool stuff, you know, adds the Emperor with a smirk.
-You're right, continues Pavel, maybe we'll find something to draw a parallel from Star Wars."

"Don't worry, replies Alicia, at least you have something else to blossom. About their skills with a bow, we ask something similar to the Mounted Troops of the Imperial Guard, which is to be able to shoot a target at 250 meters with their M14 rifle while riding. And trust me, at this game, Anna is one of the best I know.
-Oh, it's nothing, answers the Empress with a small blush.

At the first remark, about not only Naval Aviators being able to wear cool stuff, both Kyrenaian men giggled or snorted in amusement as well.
"The boys will of course be wearing school uniforms.", Adil commented still smiling, "Which will not be the iconic sailor suit the HGA's girls will be wearing while your wives are with them, but... actually, you will see, I think." He let a beat pass, nodding. "Indeed, though, a little tip on how to impress the lads, draw parallels to works you know - or completely different takes on the same situation. I am sure, that you won't be looking as bad as you fear, but also will have a lot of fun!"

"Oh, the usual distance for the contests of the horsearchery teams is 300 metres, but Aurelia trains her team to 400.", Razia remarked with a bit of pride in her voice - after all, it was not every day that she got to brag a bit about her Granddaughter and her Academy to foreign guests. Most were usually just interested in the boring parts, "That raises a question, though, Anna - can you ride a horse?"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm

"We've already seen a bit of it with your nephew a few hours ago, replies Anaximander to al-Zahir. And I don't doubt that it will be a lot of fun, continues the Emperor as he picks a piece of apple and puts it in his mouth. By the way, I completely forgot to ask what was this dessert's name."

"That's some professionalism, replies Alicia to Razia. You can be proud of your grandaughter, Sultana, adds the female Morozov, not saying that the instructors of the Alphas during their training had them doing similar things, always trying harder than the others.
-Of course I can! exclaims Anna in answer to the question. Many people consider I was born with a natural talent for it, and I tend to think it's true, since I was the one who always came first each time we had to learn a new thing. That's why I helped Anax, because he had some trouble at first, but with some hard work, he managed it.
-And it was the contrary for aviation, continues the Emperor as he turns too to the Sultana. I had a natural talent for it, and I helped Anna, who worked hard to get to her actual level. To give you a comparison, it's like Jimmy Hendricks and Eric Clapton. The firdt was a great guitarist naturally, he didn't have to work much to get to his level, while the second had to work very hard to get it.
Anyway, may we please have some tea?"
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:34 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"We've already seen a bit of it with your nephew a few hours ago, replies Anaximander to al-Zahir. And I don't doubt that it will be a lot of fun, continues the Emperor as he picks a piece of apple and puts it in his mouth. By the way, I completely forgot to ask what was this dessert's name."

"That's some professionalism, replies Alicia to Razia. You can be proud of your grandaughter, Sultana, adds the female Morozov, not saying that the instructors of the Alphas during their training had them doing similar things, always trying harder than the others.
-Of course I can! exclaims Anna in answer to the question. Many people consider I was born with a natural talent for it, and I tend to think it's true, since I was the one who always came first each time we had to learn a new thing. That's why I helped Anax, because he had some trouble at first, but with some hard work, he managed it.
-And it was the contrary for aviation, continues the Emperor as he turns too to the Sultana. I had a natural talent for it, and I helped Anna, who worked hard to get to her actual level. To give you a comparison, it's like Jimmy Hendricks and Eric Clapton. The firdt was a great guitarist naturally, he didn't have to work much to get to his level, while the second had to work very hard to get it.
Anyway, may we please have some tea?"

"We call it alfakihat murzibani, or alfakihat for short.", Adil explained, "The latter simply means 'fruit' in most dictionaries, but if you as a fruit merchant, if he has alfakihat, he'll laugh at you, as that is exclusively the sweetened fruits in different variations. Normal fruits go by fakiha."
When he also asked for tea, he would note, that the corresponding Handmaiden was one step ahead, already pouring tea for everyone.
"Aurelia, too, has a natural talent for any sort of animal, really.", the Sultana said with a smile, "Must be the Selkie-Blood in her. She could calm a raging Sand Wyvern - large and ferocious beasts, who could eat her and her horse in one bite!" She smiled slightly. "Of course, we never tried that and to be honest, I wouldn't want to. In any case, that natural talent especially comes forth with Aldhiyb and Fánaí... I believe, you met both already?"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:01 pm

"Interesting, answers Pavel. It would be problematic indeed. Thank you, he adds with a bow of the head to the Handmaiden serving him tea, as well as his compatriots.
-Uh, to calm this sort of beast, I would rather rely on my M320 40mm grenade launcher, or on an AT4 antitank rocket launcher, simply replies Anaximander as he takes a sip of his tea. And yes,we met Aldhyib, bit we only saw her horse from afar. I wonder how the wolfie would have interacted with Gopnik and Cairo.
-Those are the two Appalachian Wolfdogs that are attached to the Alphas, explains Anna. As you know, we domesticated this special breed of wolves around 500 years ago. Gopnik is under the care of Yuri and Patricia, and Cairo under the care of Patrick and Alexandra. Although we advised Yuri and Paty to not take Gopnik, since we know Sandwolves have a tendency to be territorial, and none of us would want.to create a bloodbath just because a dog handler couldn't keep his beast on a leash, no?" finishes the Empress with a raised eyebrow.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:22 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Interesting, answers Pavel. It would be problematic indeed. Thank you, he adds with a bow of the head to the Handmaiden serving him tea, as well as his compatriots.
-Uh, to calm this sort of beast, I would rather rely on my M320 40mm grenade launcher, or on an AT4 antitank rocket launcher, simply replies Anaximander as he takes a sip of his tea. And yes,we met Aldhyib, bit we only saw her horse from afar. I wonder how the wolfie would have interacted with Gopnik and Cairo.
-Those are the two Appalachian Wolfdogs that are attached to the Alphas, explains Anna. As you know, we domesticated this special breed of wolves around 500 years ago. Gopnik is under the care of Yuri and Patricia, and Cairo under the care of Patrick and Alexandra. Although we advised Yuri and Paty to not take Gopnik, since we know Sandwolves have a tendency to be territorial, and none of us would want.to create a bloodbath just because a dog handler couldn't keep his beast on a leash, no?" finishes the Empress with a raised eyebrow.

Thanking the Handmaiden with a bow of her head, the Sultana replied: "Thank you for that. Pets are most enjoyed when all of their organs are, where they are supposed to be... I would not try to guesstimate who would win such a clash."
She let a beat pass.
"And amongst us, I would much rather face a Sand Wyvern down with a good rifle and a better marksman as well, but I also remember old legends, in which such terrible beasts were lulled to sleep by sweet song.", she added and shrugged, "Granted, I am a bit out of practice, but I would manage. I did manage to sing quite active children to sleep, which wouldn't want to go to sleep. In any case..." She smiled at Anna. "...I am sure, that you will meet the equine lad in question tomorrow."
"And quite a few other equine lads as well.", Adil said and added, quite proudly: "Many of them are from Jabal."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:09 am

"Indeed. And humans too, replies Anaximander with a neutral tone, heavily hinting at what would have happened to the poor owner of the creature responsible for their Wolfdog demise. Anyway, we're counting on you two to make us proud, adds the Emperor to his wife and her bodyguard. Show them that the Imperial Guard Cavalry has some guts to sell! he says with a smirk.
-You bet we'll do, replies Aliciawith a matching smile and a wink, mirrored by Anna.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates