NATION

PASSWORD

A Million Miles-A Dungeons and Dragons RP (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Tagged.
I was just a bit confused on this though, is this an RP with light dnd elements to set the tone and ground the characters or is this more of a forum rpg with dice rolls and such?
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:21 am

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Tagged.
I was just a bit confused on this though, is this an RP with light dnd elements to set the tone and ground the characters or is this more of a forum rpg with dice rolls and such?

The former. We’re not gonna be doing all the fancy dice-stuff because that will take a while.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 am

Name: Torac
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 148 pounds
Appearance: tanned skin, blue eyes, light stubble. Rugged. Eyes twinkle with wry humour.

Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral good. When under pressure or frustrated veers toward chaotic good.
Class: Rogue Scout

Biography:

Born to a middle class family that lived in a prosperous, yet dull market town Torac was beguiled from a young age of tales told by his father (a former soldier and sailor) set on far flung lands and in distant times. Despite attending a respectable school his wanderlust and short attention span made him unsuitable for scholarly pursuits and he soon discovered that he would much rather be seeking out fabled items and places rather than reading about them in a text book. Despite this he has an understanding of history and appreciates the value of learning and will often seek out sages for their knowledge and wisdom.

As a an adolescent Torac could be found exploring some local ruined temple, old caves or tangled forest in search of treasure and secrets.

These days Torac is a treasure hunter/scout/courier/procurement agent for hire by turns. Smart, worldly wise and physically fit Telsor is often clad in a soft brown leather jacket and dark green traveling cloak. His clothes are both durable and versatile.

Although a 'rogue' Torac isn't the bad sort. He won't accept commissions from those he knows to be bad, he'll never undertake an action that disadvantages the poor or innocent and his word is known as being ironclad.

Preferring to rely on intelligence, dexterity and endurance to get his work done Torac is not a warrior but can handle himself well enough. He carries a long sword which he is capable of using. If deprived of this he has an understanding of practical unarmed combat that he can put to good use. For ranged combat he relies on a cross bow which he uses effectively and efficiently.

Torac possesses good fortune as well as a sixth sense that whilst not consistent has on occasion saved his bacon.

Personality:

Quietly confident, intelligent and with a wry sense of humour Torac is at ease whether learning the qualities of an obscure object from Bartholomew the sage, discussing skull ball results at the local tavern or negotiating the finer points of a contract with a senior member of the merchant’s guild at a reputable coffee house.

Versatile and durable Torac is at home in both the city and the wilderness and mixes just as easily with tradesman as he does with rangers and barbarians.

Torac is never truly settled - physically or socially. Too long in Port Brigstowe and he longs for the wilderness - a little too much time spent with merchants ignites a burning desire to gamble at a dockside tavern whilst an extended period of time seeking fabled treasures creates a thirst for civilisation.

Strength: Athletic and toned. Able to carry, pull or push small but heavy objects for short distances.
Dexterity: Light on feet, able to often hit small moving targets. Nimble and able to jump from roof top to top with ease.
Constitution: Can take a few hits before being knocked unconscious
Intelligence: Smart. Has a decent understanding of history, geography, psychology and humanities. Able to solve most puzzles quickly.
Wisdom: Reads people and situations fairly well. Gets hunches if something isn’t right.
Charisma: Knows the right thing to say to most people. Pleasant conversationalist and makes small talk with ease.
Skills: Athletics, insight, stealth (I see that athletics is a strength related skill but if you’ll allow it I’m hoping to have it as dexterity driven).
Cantrips: N/a
Spells: N/a
Non-magical attacks: Competent with sword, cross bow and dagger. Proficient at a practical form of unarmed combat.
Items: Studded leather armour, travelling cloak, rapier, cross bow and twenty bolts, dagger (in boot), money pouch with a few silver coins, theives tools, rope and grapple.

* re equipment will Torac have to purchase stuff like armour and weapon separately?
Last edited by Allied Wessex on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Allied Wessex wrote:Name: Torac
Appearance: tanned skin, blue eyes, light stubble. Rugged. Eyes twinkle with wry humour.

Alignment: Neutral good. When under pressure or frustrated veers toward chaotic good.

Biography:

Born to a middle class family that lived in a prosperous, yet dull market town Torac was beguiled from a young age of tales told by his father (a former soldier and sailor) set on far flung lands and in distant times. Despite attending a respectable school his wanderlust and short attention span made him unsuitable for scholarly pursuits and he soon discovered that he would much rather be seeking out fabled items and places rather than reading about them in a text book. Despite this he has an understanding of history and appreciates the value of learning and will often seek out sages for their knowledge and wisdom.

As a an adolescent Torac could be found exploring some local ruined temple, old caves or tangled forest in search of treasure and secrets.

These days Torac is a treasure hunter/scout/courier/procurement agent for hire by turns. Smart, worldly wise and physically fit Telsor is often clad in a soft brown leather jacket and dark green traveling cloak. His clothes are both durable and versatile.

Although a 'rogue' Torac isn't the bad sort. He won't accept commissions from those he knows to be bad, he'll never undertake an action that disadvantages the poor or innocent and his word is known as being ironclad.

Preferring to rely on intelligence, dexterity and endurance to get his work done Torac is not a warrior but can handle himself well enough. He carries a long sword which he is capable of using. If deprived of this he has an understanding of practical unarmed combat that he can put to good use. For ranged combat he relies on a cross bow which he uses effectively and efficiently.

Torac possesses good fortune as well as a sixth sense that whilst not consistent has on occasion saved his bacon.

Personality:

Quietly confident, intelligent and with a wry sense of humour Torac is at ease whether learning the qualities of an obscure object from Bartholomew the sage, discussing skull ball results at the local tavern or negotiating the finer points of a contract with a senior member of the merchant’s guild at a reputable coffee house.

Versatile and durable Torac is at home in both the city and the wilderness and mixes just as easily with tradesman as he does with rangers and barbarians.

Torac is never truly settled - physically or socially. Too long in Port Brigstowe and he longs for the wilderness - a little too much time spent with merchants ignites a burning desire to gamble at a dockside tavern whilst an extended period of time seeking fabled treasures creates a thirst for civilisation.

Strength: Athletic and toned. Able to carry, pull or push small but heavy objects for short distances.
Dexterity: Light on feet, able to often hit small moving targets. Nimble and able to jump from roof top to top with ease.
Intelligence: Smart. Has a decent understanding of history, geography, psychology and humanities. Able to solve most puzzles quickly.
Wisdom: Reads people and situations fairly well. Gets hunches if something isn’t right.
Charisma: Knows the right thing to say to most people. Pleasant conversationalist and makes small talk with ease.
Skills: Athletics, insight, stealth (I see that athletics is a strength related skill but if you’ll allow it I’m hoping to have it as dexterity driven).
Items: Thieves tools, rope and grapple.

* re equipment will Torac have to purchase stuff like armour and weapon separately?

If armor and weapons are part of your starting equipment, then you don’t have to worry about buying it. You can list it here then. But later you can purchase them separately at a blacksmith’s shop.

What are his two best skills?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm trying to work on my app, but I keep getting writers' block and I've been busy with other things. I'll try to finish it soon.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Allied Wessex wrote:Name: Torac

Biography:

Preferring to rely on intelligence, dexterity and endurance to get his work done Torac is not a warrior but can handle himself well enough. He carries a rapier which he is capable of using. If deprived of this he has an understanding of practical unarmed combat that he can put to good use. For ranged combat he relies on a cross bow which he uses effectively and efficiently.

Personality:

Items: Studded leather armour, travelling cloak, rapier, cross bow and twenty bolts, dagger (in boot), money pouch with a few silver coins, theives tools, rope and grapple.

If armor and weapons are part of your starting equipment, then you don’t have to worry about buying it. You can list it here then. But later you can purchase them separately at a blacksmith’s shop.

What are his two best skills?

Ah cool - I've extended Torac's list of starting equpment - hopefully okay but let me know if you need any changes.

I'd say his two best skills were Athletics and insight.

I've also changed long sword to rapier - I didn't realise that the long sword was a two handed weapon - doh!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:26 pm

Foxfound wrote:I'm trying to work on my app, but I keep getting writers' block and I've been busy with other things. I'll try to finish it soon.

Take your time! No need to rush.

As a general note for everyone, I may add something to the App, in order to better accommodate non-Magical characters. People whose Apps have already been accepted need not change anything, it's just something that might help if you want to add non-Magical attacks as Monks, Rangers, etc. People whose Apps are also currently WIPs do not need to change anything. I'll accept your Apps as you finish them. It's just in the future I'd like to make things more organized. Thank ya'll for your patience! The IC should be up next week, this month will be a bit hectic since my spring semester starts week after next.
-Alan Jackson

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Tag, and trying to figure out which one of my already existing D&D characters to adapt to this.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:45 pm

I have made a couple edits in the OP to clarify some things about your characters:

1.) You can only use six spells a day, but you can obviously learn more spells as time goes on. Obviously you won’t learn a new spell everyday, but as you accomplish new feats you’ll be pointed to opportunities to learn new spells.

2.) I added a section for character apps for non-Magical characters, so if you run a Monk or a Ranger or someone who does not use Magical powers, now you can specify your attacks for your class here! Once again, if you’re already Apping you don’t need to make any changes. You can if it helps you though.

3.) It’s been brought to my attention that Nuri, you have your cantrips and your spells backwards. Please make a quick fix of your App! Thank you! :3

4.) Your new first co-OP, Bycrest, will help me to enforce dah rulez and the finer details of D&D. I’ll probably name a second co-OP soon.
-Alan Jackson

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Luminesa wrote:I have made a couple edits in the OP to clarify some things about your characters:

1.) You can only use six spells a day, but you can obviously learn more spells as time goes on. Obviously you won’t learn a new spell everyday, but as you accomplish new feats you’ll be pointed to opportunities to learn new spells.

2.) I added a section for character apps for non-Magical characters, so if you run a Monk or a Ranger or someone who does not use Magical powers, now you can specify your attacks for your class here! Once again, if you’re already Apping you don’t need to make any changes. You can if it helps you though.

3.) It’s been brought to my attention that Nuri, you have your cantrips and your spells backwards. Please make a quick fix of your App! Thank you! :3

4.) Your new first co-OP, Bycrest, will help me to enforce dah rulez and the finer details of D&D. I’ll probably name a second co-OP soon.

Minor note, the only classes that don't get spellcasting at all are Barbarian and Monk. Rangers get spell eventually and Fighter and Rouge can get spells if they pick a specific subclass.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Name: Arnaud Mitarashi
Height: 1.80m
Weight: 72 Kg
Appearance:
Minus the giant mark at the forehead.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Monk
Biography:

The biological parents of the man currently known as Arnaud are unknown. Left inside a boat that was departing for Ao when he was a baby, the captain of the ship decided to take him through the trip to the Kingdom, in the hopes of giving him a home and a family among the calm and contemplative citizens of the country they were heading to.

However, a merchant ship offering a boy for free like that raised suspicions. They could't guarantee the origins of the child, or even explain how he ended up in a ship like that. All the boy had was the name given to him by the owner and captain of the ship: Arnaud. As they walked the city trying to find a place for him to stay, one of the citizens told them about the monasteries, with the closest one being Komorebi.

The tense, post-war atmosphere seemed to invade the peaceful monasteries as well, as the Masters of Komorebi were afraid of being accused of protecting mages: persecution and accusations of being involved in murders across the lands fitted extremely well with their secrecy and neutrality. However, one master decided to take care of the young boy: Haru Mitarashi, known for his habit of not taking apprentices, made an exception. Years passed, and the orphan boy developed into a prodigy of Mitarashi's particular style of fighting.

But, his life would drastically change: his master's death, along with another tragic event, would lead to his departure from the temple, initiating his travels across the continent, in the hopes of evolving his mind and putting his lessons into practice.

Personality:

Calm, gentle, contemplative and usually introspective, the figure of Arnaud is usually quiet and perceptive of his surroundings, trying to understand through books and practice the different habits and mannerisms of people all over the continent, as a way to make his adaptation to the world outside Ao a less painful experience. He also possesses the habit of meditation.
Strength: Reasonably strong, given his physical training at the monastery. (12)
Dexterity: Years of training in Martial Arts made him a really fast guy, with excellent reflexes. (16)
Constitution: Won't get sick easily; Someone with a normal health. (10)
Intelligence: Average intelligence, can read in Common and Aonese. (10)
Wisdom: Books and constant study of the Komorebi philosophy made him a wise man, knowledgeable in the use of Ki and in questions of society. (13)
Charisma: Years of living in the monastery didn't make him the most charismatic man in the world. (8)
Skills: Acrobatics, Insight, Perception
Cantrips: Non-existent; What he can use is specific sets of ki-empowered moves from his particular style.
Spells: Non-existent.
Items: An oak quarterstaff, explorer's pack, white prayer beads, a fur coat and a set of robes. He also owns a white owl, named Snow Petal.
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:32 pm

> Snow-Petal
I LOVE IT!

What say ye, co-OP?
-Alan Jackson

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Luminesa wrote:> Snow-Petal
I LOVE IT!

What say ye, co-OP?

Everything looks fine to me.

RP Sample

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:43 pm

Name: Roric Ludan
Height: 5'09"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Appearance:

Race: Wood Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Ranger
Biography: Roric grew up in a somewhat divided family. His father, Varic, was a bounty hunter but his mother, Sana, never approved of the dangerous lifestyle. She always claimed that Varic was setting a bad example for Roric and his twin sister, Rina, but it was actually the opposite. Roric and Rina idealized their father and wanted to follow in his footsteps. Varic knew how to deal with the dangers of both the seedy underworld of the city and the wilderness. Because their father knew their mother would never official bounty hunter training, he would sneak the twins out at night and train them. This went on for some years until their mother eventually found out about the secret training, by that time Roric and Rina were already fairly well trained. Not wanting to tear her family apart and figuring it was good for her children to know how to defend themselves, she let the training continue.

Eventually the twins grew up to adulthood and left their home in search for a life . Varic had retire from the bounty hunter business but still had some contacts from the last crew he ran with and he pointed his children in their direction. Both of the siblings had their mind set on being a bounty hunter like their father so they set out to the city where their father would go to meet his crew. The twins managed to impress their father's crew and were welcomed in. They all ran jobs together for years until greed got to Rina's head. While the twins were always pretty equal in skills and abilities, Rina thought that Roric was just a little better. This lead her to believe that he would eventually become the leader of their bounty hunter group and take the bigger cuts or worse, kick her out.

One day, when the two of them were out hunting a score by themselves, Rina put a plan into action. While trying to sneak into the targets house, Rina set off an alarm on purpose to get her brother captured. She escaped easily, leaving Roric to die, and claimed leadership of the crew. Of course, Roric survived and now he wants revenge on his sister.
Personality: Roric is actually a very carefree and laidback for what he's been through. He's sarcastic and witty and jokes around no matter the situation. When he puts his mask on however, he becomes a completely different person. Roric becomes deadly serious and intimidating. He uses his mask as a persona for when he's hunting down bounties and to hide the fact that he isn't dead.
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 10
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 15
Skills: Stealth, Insight, Persuasion
Cantrips: N/A
Spells: Hail of Thorns, Ensnaring Strike, Fog Cloud, Snare, Flame Arrows, Lightning Arrow
Non-Magical Attacks: N/A
Items: Longbow and arrows, 2 short swords, his mask, wolf pelt cloak, dagger
Last edited by Bycrest on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RP Sample

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:43 am

Luminesa wrote:I have made a couple edits in the OP to clarify some things about your characters:

In terms of non-magical attacks I see Torac as being competent with sword, cross bow and dagger. As well as this I'd also like for him to be proficient at a practical form of unarmed combat - not Bruce Lee but able to put something like Krav Maga to god use if someone wants to get in to a push and shove with him. I'm not sure if this is the type of thing you meant but I've added them to my original app.

Welcome Bycrest!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:54 am

Bycrest wrote:
Luminesa wrote:> Snow-Petal
I LOVE IT!

What say ye, co-OP?

Everything looks fine to me.

Goob!

Irhk you are accepted! :3
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:57 am

Allied Wessex wrote:

In terms of non-magical attacks I see Torac as being competent with sword, cross bow and dagger. As well as this I'd also like for him to be proficient at a practical form of unarmed combat - not Bruce Lee but able to put something like Krav Maga to god use if someone wants to get in to a push and shove with him. I'm not sure if this is the type of thing you meant but I've added them to my original app.

Welcome Bycrest!

I should also add that Rogue is a class, but not Rogue “Scout”.
-Alan Jackson

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 am

Scout's a Roguish Archetype from Xanathat's Guide to Everything, off the top of my head.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:55 am

I followed the class link in the original post.

If you click on rogue it talks about the scout archetype - this may refer to something that can happen at higher levels but I wanted to give a flavour of the type of ‘rogue’ Torac is.
Last edited by Allied Wessex on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Yeah, Roguish archetypes are unlocked at level 3, a la Paladin Oaths, Warlock Pacts, and so forth.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:04 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Yeah, Roguish archetypes are unlocked at level 3, a la Paladin Oaths, Warlock Pacts, and so forth.

Cool - it’s been some time since I’ve gamed so I’m on a learning curve!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:07 am

I regularly DM for a group so I got to know all these things! :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:15 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:I regularly DM for a group so I got to know all these things! :P

I shall watch and learn!

Luminesa- is Torac good to go?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Scout's a Roguish Archetype from Xanathat's Guide to Everything, off the top of my head.

Thank you for the tip! :3
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

Allied Wessex wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:I regularly DM for a group so I got to know all these things! :P

I shall watch and learn!

Luminesa- is Torac good to go?

Yup!
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse