NATION

PASSWORD

Overwatch thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Expansion team you're most interested in this season?

Atlanta Reign
No votes
Paris Eternal
25%
Toronto Defiant
No votes
Washington Judgement
No votes
Chengdu Hunters
50%
Guangzhou Charge
No votes
Hangzhou Spark
25%
Vancouver Titans
No votes

Total votes : 4

Autumns
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Autumns » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Widow, as a ballerina, should have gotten Sugar Plum Fairy skin. Idk about Mercy skin, but she has so many cute ones already.

I hate to double post but screw it, it's been 15 days, goddamnit
Last edited by Autumns on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRANSGIRL♀__LOVEWHOYOUARE~

If you are reading this, just know that you're loved <3
Political Compass | 8values | 16personalities
She/her, yuri aficionado, trans-ace. Always advance, never retreat. If the situation demands it, make a tactical 180-degree turn and continue advancing.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Autumns wrote:I hate to double post but screw it, it's been 15 days, goddamnit

Yeah. I haven't really been jazzed about the Christmas event this year. Didn't like any of the skins. I've been more into the LoL Christmas event.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Autumns
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Autumns » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:32 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Autumns wrote:I hate to double post but screw it, it's been 15 days, goddamnit

Yeah. I haven't really been jazzed about the Christmas event this year. Didn't like any of the skins. I've been more into the LoL Christmas event.

Yeah, not as good as last year's. What did LoL do? I haven't followed it very closely as of late.

typo edit
Last edited by Autumns on Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/her, yuri aficionado, trans-ace. Always advance, never retreat. If the situation demands it, make a tactical 180-degree turn and continue advancing.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 am

Autumns wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yeah. I haven't really been jazzed about the Christmas event this year. Didn't like any of the skins. I've been more into the LoL Christmas event.

Yeah, not as good as last year's. What did LoL do? I haven't followed it very closely as of late.

typo edit

Brought Nexus Blitz back. I don't like Nexus Blitz that much, but they give out these tokens for every daily quest. I've opened like 6 chests since it began with the keys I forged with them.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Autumns
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Autumns » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:18 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Autumns wrote:Yeah, not as good as last year's. What did LoL do? I haven't followed it very closely as of late.

typo edit

Brought Nexus Blitz back. I don't like Nexus Blitz that much, but they give out these tokens for every daily quest. I've opened like 6 chests since it began with the keys I forged with them.

ooh nice

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:22 am

I bought the Rime skin for Sombra, because I really wanted that since last year but didn't get the chance to.

Along with that, I have opened and gotten Reinhardt, Junkrat, 2 of Soldier 76 skins, and 2 of Lucio skins (including this year's). No Fairy Mercy yet...
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Mercy is ducking fit and the best character .o other options ok s ᨚࠉ̆缀Țن儀ऋ considereed
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:18 am

So i was drunk with that post. But really now that i think about it my original point still stands.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Batavia
Senator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:43 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Mercy is ducking fit and the best character .o other options ok s ᨚࠉ̆缀Țن儀ऋ considereed

The Huskar Social Union wrote:So i was drunk with that post. But really now that i think about it my original point still stands.

I can see that
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:49 am

Finally climbed to Plat!

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/ ... Star-11387

For me, this is a greater achievement, after being called a "low and brain-dead Silver" for so many times.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Batavia
Senator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 am

Valentine Z wrote:Finally climbed to Plat!

For me, this is a greater achievement, after being called a "low and brain-dead Silver" for so many times.

Didn't know you were a Sombra main
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:53 am

The Batavia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Mercy is ducking fit and the best character .o other options ok s ᨚࠉ̆缀Țن儀ऋ considereed

The Huskar Social Union wrote:So i was drunk with that post. But really now that i think about it my original point still stands.

I can see that

She really is.

Also i have no fucking clue how typed something in what seems to be chinese.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:16 pm

The Batavia wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Finally climbed to Plat!

Didn't know you were a Sombra main

I only mained her a season back or so. Everyone back then got too peeved whenever I picked her.

"Sombra, we are not playing QP!" Is the typical response. Wtf, man...

And thus I played Sombra many, many, many hours on QP, to get the mechanics down and her ability kit. All it takes now is a good team that would utilize my hacks and EMPs.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:She really is.

Also i have no fucking clue how typed something in what seems to be chinese.

And Hindi, it seems like.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Blizzard's server decided to screw with me (and some other people)... again.

Competitive at Junkertown, I wasn't doing so hot as DPS already... that's bad enough. Along the way, I experienced some lag (people teleporting and being thrown across the screen). "Shit, my connection is acting up!" I thought... turns out, everyone in both the enemy and my team experienced it.

Then come this mass disconnection at 2nd round, where AFAIK, all 12 of us freaking lost connection at once! I spammed the "Rejoin Match" button for so many times, and nope, it didn't work. Should I quit the game and rejoin? And so I did!

I lost 50 SR and I got banned for 10 minutes... AND I lost Endo Lvl 3 to 2... fml, I thought.

On the bright side, knowing my flaws as a DPS, I can practice once again in QP. Plat is way harder, that's for sure.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eglaecia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 am

I haven't been playing much recently but man there are so many under level 50s in the placement matches i had.
Catholique, Intégraliste, Distributiste | Catechism of Pope St. Pius X | Rerum Novarum | On Integralism
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church."
Great British Unionist and Celtic Cultural Revivalist
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be."

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 am

I’m a Torbjorn main, but I’m trying to branch out to other characters, and I occasionally play as Mei, Lucio or Junkrat.

With Lucio, do my teammates heal automatically if I’m close enough to them, and switch the Sonic Amplifier to the healing mode, or do I blast them to heal. I was confused at first because I shot some of my teammates with it, thinking that it would heal them. If that is useless, then I made a fool of myself.
1 John 1:9

Autumns
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Autumns » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 am

Nordengrund wrote:I’m a Torbjorn main, but I’m trying to branch out to other characters, and I occasionally play as Mei, Lucio or Junkrat.

With Lucio, do my teammates heal automatically if I’m close enough to them, and switch the Sonic Amplifier to the healing mode, or do I blast them to heal. I was confused at first because I shot some of my teammates with it, thinking that it would heal them. If that is useless, then I made a fool of myself.

Shooting does damage, not healing. Lucio is an AoE healer with a 15m radius, iirc.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:35 am

Autumns wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:I’m a Torbjorn main, but I’m trying to branch out to other characters, and I occasionally play as Mei, Lucio or Junkrat.

Shooting does damage, not healing. Lucio is an AoE healer with a 15m radius, iirc.

I know it does damage on enemies, but I don’t believe it affects team mates at all unless there is an option to allow that.
1 John 1:9

Lechites
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lechites » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Autumns wrote:Shooting does damage, not healing. Lucio is an AoE healer with a 15m radius, iirc.

I know it does damage on enemies, but I don’t believe it affects team mates at all unless there is an option to allow that.

There is no friendly fire in the game for any character not named Ana.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Hey, a fellow Torb main. So there's at least 2 of us out there.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:03 am

New PTR is out, and seems like Reaper gets a buff, while Brigitte and D.Va gets a nerf.

Armor damage reduction is also reduced from 5 to 3. For Brigitte, the rally's armor will no longer be permanent, and D.Va's matrix downtime is longer.

Source: https://blizztrack.com/patch_notes/overwatch_ptr
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:10 pm

This Reaper buff is a fucking nightmare. Asshole so much as shoots the air near you, and he gets half his health back.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Autumns
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Autumns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:This Reaper buff is a fucking nightmare. Asshole so much as shoots the air near you, and he gets half his health back.

He's still pretty easy to pick off if you have a ranged hero (Ana, McCree, Ashe, Widow, Junkrat, etc.) as he can't get close enough to shoot you. Since you play a lot of Torbjorn, you might want to see if one of your teammates can counter Reaper with one of these.

Possibly Mercy, Ana, Orisa, Zarya, Junkrat (if you can play him), Widow? Using the Orisa shield to protect Orisa, Mercy (who is dmg-boosting Orisa while Ana is healing), and Widow so they have less of a risk of being killed by an attacker. Widow uses a mine to alert her to flankers while the rest of your team watches out for enemy team.

If Reaper shows up, have Widow, Zarya, or you kill him. Maybe have Ana sleep so the Widow can get an easy headshot. You can place a trap in a doorway to wherever you are hiding so he gets caught. If Reaper wants to get you, your death passive will likely kill him, assuming you got at least some damage in. It does 300 dmg, iirc. The Reaper buff hasn't really affected how much he is played in my games, so this is purely theoretical. And, of course, it depends on the enemy team composition.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 am

...So turns out Soldier:76 is gay. Can't say I saw that one coming.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Lechites
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lechites » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:...So turns out Soldier:76 is gay. Can't say I saw that one coming.

Eh, doesn't it point more to being Bi?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction