NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC/INTEREST/MULTIVERSE] Super Smash Bros. Infinite

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Waluigi 4 Smash?

YES DADDY SAKURAI
68%
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
6%
piranha plant is better lol
26%

Total votes : 34

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

[OOC/INTEREST/MULTIVERSE] Super Smash Bros. Infinite

Postby Gurori » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:03 am

Welcome to Super Smash Bros.

If you don't know what Super Smash Bros. is, then you've probably been living under a rock. Super Smash Bros. is a series of crossover fighting video games published by Nintendo and created by Masahiro Sakurai, who has also directed every game in the series.

The concept is quite simple. Originally, it featured only Nintendo characters such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox and Pikachu. It has since expanded to the point of even welcoming third-party characters like Solid Snake, Bayonetta and even Mario's greatest rival, Sonic the Hedgehog.

But in this roleplay, you can apply as any character you want, including OCs!

You may create factions, just make sure to apply for them first.

Almost items are disabled, Smash Balls are the only exception but they are incredibly rare. Yep, we're doing Fox-Only, Final Destination, No Items!

I decided to come up with an explanation behind Final Smashes which have been altered for this roleplay, an explanation which also serves as lore.

We've discovered some kind of energy, which we've named "SMASH". SMASH can only be obtained by shattering concentrated spheres of the stuff, which we've named "Smash Balls". When somebody absorbs this SMASH into their body, they are able to boost their abilities for a short period of time, which burns through the SMASH they've accumulated, once there's no more SMASH, the boost ends.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to study Smash Balls extensively, as they're quite rare.

I aim for this roleplay to be primarily sandbox, with separate stories that eventually combine into a single, grander tale.

This roleplay does not take place in the same "universe" as the games so to speak, I want to reinvent the concept of Smash Bros here, to make it more like a traditional multiverse roleplay.
The Rules

• Godmodding, Metagaming and the usual stuff is of course, not allowed.
  • NationStates' Rules apply here, per the norm. So be nice and keep it PG-13.
  • Incredibly powerful characters like Goku cannot be used unless I trust you with such power.
  • No, you may not use Master Hand, Crazy Hand or the like.
  • Fun is mandatory.
Links & Information

IC Thread

Discord

OP: Gurori
Co-OP(s): Mundeo
Helper(s): None
Note: Helpers are people who have authority over the roleplay but not to the extent of the OP or Co-OP. They cannot accept applications.
Application Forms
Remove everything in parenthesis, AKA: ()

CHARACTER
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150](Insert Name Here)[/size][/align]
[floatright]Insert Image Here. If larger than 400x800, place into a spoiler. If you have more than one image, put them all into a spoiler.[/floatright]
[b]Series of Origin:[/b] (For Series' taking place in a Multiverse, specify which one)

[spoiler=Abilities][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Techniques](Not movesets, literally every technique the character knows.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Potential Weaknesses][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Final Smash][/spoiler]

[b]#SmashBrosInfinite[/b][/box]

FACTION
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150](Insert Name Here)[/size][/align]
[floatright]Insert Logo Here. If larger than 400x800, place into a spoiler.[/floatright]

[b]Leader:[/b] Attach accepted application link to the leader' name.

[b]Members:[/b] Attach accepted application links to the members' names.

[b]#SmashBrosInfinite[/b][/box]
Last edited by Gurori on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Friendly Bump
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:31 pm

TAG
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Amatrastu

Series of Origin: Okami

Celestial Brush - 13 Brush Techniques that Ammy can wield - Inferno, Blizzard, Bloom, Vine, Water Lily, (three plant techniques, count as one) Veil of Mist, Catwalk, Power Slash, Cherry Bomb, Sunrise, Thunderstorm, Crescent, Waterspout, Galestorm

Neutral/Jab - a dash depending on what direction Ammy is facing

Smashes
Up B - Thunderstorm - summons lightning
Down B - Cherry Bomb - summons up to 3 bombs that explode after a short period of time
Side B - A powerful smack with Waterspout - send the opponent across the stage

All tilts are variants of the dash attack, depending on how hard the tilt is, the dash will be weaker or stronger

Shield is the Solar Flare (fire powers), (in the picture) when timed perfectly, it deflects all attacks and does fire damage to the attacker

Taunts (unsure whether to add the obvious taunts from the game...)
Up Taunt - Ammy does a fake attack with Thunder Strike, the most powerful Glaive in the game, it can summon lightning and does lightning damage
Down Taunt - Ammy starts throwing the Solar Flare around but doesn't hit anybody
Side Taunts - Ammy twirls the Tundra Beads (ice powers) above her head

Aerials
Down - Ammy delivers a powerful blow with Power Slash
Up - Ammy freezes whoever she hits with Blizzard
Side - Ammy blows people away from her with Galestorm
Neutral - Ammy burns people with Inferno

Grab - Ammy grabs people in her mouth and then throws them across the stage

staying in water for long periods of time, fire, lightning, poison

Rising Sun/Okami Amaterasu - Ammy becomes her ultimate form for one minute exactly. In this form, she is invulnerable to all attacks (or basically invulnerable), and anyone she hits will be either KO'd or significantly damaged, depending on their health.

#SmashBrosInfinite
Last edited by Skylus on Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:13 pm

So we can app as any character from a video game so long as it's on a Nintendo device, right?
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:14 pm

The Palmetto wrote:So we can app as any character from a video game so long as it's on a Nintendo device, right?
yes
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Skylus wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:So we can app as any character from a video game so long as it's on a Nintendo device, right?
yes

Does that mean Darth Vader is game since the force unleashed was on wii?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:25 pm

DIO and 『THE WORLD』

Series of Origin: Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (playable in Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS)

Vampirism:
Superhuman characteristics, conditional immortality, regeneration, and body control. Notable abilities include firing lasers from his eyes, and freezing foes by evaporating the blood in their body.

『THE WORLD』
Grants flight and time stop.

All of DIOS Smash attacks are powerful blows from THE WORLD, while his tilts/aerials are done by himself. His multi-hit jab is done by THE WORLD.

Specials:
Neutral B: Summons THE WORLD and sends him forward, similar to Rosalina and Luma.

Side B: Throws a volley of knives forward.

Up B: DIO seemingly teleports out of the way, due to briefly stopping time.

Down B: DIO charges forward. If he makes contact with an opponent, he pins them down and drains their blood, healing him in the process.

THE WORLD only has a range of 10m, and any damage done to THE WORLD is reflected into him. However, THE WORLD can only be seen and damaged by another Stand User. DIO will also disintegrate in direct sunlight.

A ROAD ROLLER FOR YOU:
DIO uses THE WORLD to stop time. He fires two volleys of knives at his foe before unstopping time. He then crushes his opponent with a road roller.

#SmashBrosInfinite
Last edited by Mundeo on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Clarcia wrote:
Skylus wrote: yes

Does that mean Darth Vader is game since the force unleashed was on wii?

literally anyone that has ever been on ANY Nintendo consoles, handheld or other wise my friend. Go crazy.
App as someone from Shrek, or South Park, or even Halo. The sky is (almost) the limit.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Even Anime Characters if they have games on a Nintendo system.

Hell, you could even apply for SHREK.
Last edited by Gurori on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:38 pm

Gurori wrote:

What about my anime character?
Have at you!

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Gurori wrote:

What about my anime character?

『ACCEPTED』

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Skylus wrote:
Amatrastu

Series of Origin: Okami

Celestial Brush - 13 Brush Techniques that Ammy can wield - Inferno, Blizzard, Bloom, Vine, Water Lily, (three plant techniques, count as one) Veil of Mist, Catwalk, Power Slash, Cherry Bomb, Sunrise, Thunderstorm, Crescent, Waterspout, Galestorm

Neutral/Jab - a dash depending on what direction Ammy is facing

Smashes
Up B - Thunderstorm - summons lightning
Down B - Cherry Bomb - summons up to 3 bombs that explode after a short period of time
Side B - A powerful smack with Waterspout - send the opponent across the stage

All tilts are variants of the dash attack, depending on how hard the tilt is, the dash will be weaker or stronger

Shield is the Solar Flare (fire powers), (in the picture) when timed perfectly, it deflects all attacks and does fire damage to the attacker

Taunts (unsure whether to add the obvious taunts from the game...)
Up Taunt - Ammy does a fake attack with Thunder Strike, the most powerful Glaive in the game, it can summon lightning and does lightning damage
Down Taunt - Ammy starts throwing the Solar Flare around but doesn't hit anybody
Side Taunts - Ammy twirls the Tundra Beads (ice powers) above her head

Aerials
Down - Ammy delivers a powerful blow with Power Slash
Up - Ammy freezes whoever she hits with Blizzard
Side - Ammy blows people away from her with Galestorm
Neutral - Ammy burns people with Inferno

Grab - Ammy grabs people in her mouth and then throws them across the stage

staying in water for long periods of time, fire, lightning, poison

Rising Sun/Okami Amaterasu - Ammy becomes her ultimate form for one minute exactly. In this form, she is invulnerable to all attacks (or basically invulnerable), and anyone she hits will be either KO'd or significantly damaged, depending on their health.

#SmashBrosInfinite

Accepted

On an unrelated note, I plan on having an elaborate explanation to why Sonic would need to get a Smash Ball (or fill up the Final Smash meter) to use his Final Smash, even if he had the Chaos Emeralds.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:06 pm

FINNAH BOUTTA SMASH DAT MOTHERFUCKING TAG BUTTON!
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 pm

King K. Rool

Series of Origin: Donkey Kong Country

K. Rool can hit hard with his attacks, he has an entire army at his command, multiple attack vessels and all the time in the world.

Neutral - Blunderbuss - Fires an iron ball from his gun. The button can be held to suck the iron ball (or opponents) back in.
Up B - Propellerpack - Rises up into the air wearing a propeller, damaging any opponents caught in the attack.
Down B - Gut Check - Counter attack with his belly. Cannot be used continuously, and does not protect from behind.
Side B - Crownerang - Throw's his crown like it's a boomerang. Can't be thrown again until it is picked up.

Can't run very fast, therefore, K Rool's attacks are slow.

Blast-O-Matic - K. Rool charges forward. he then fires the Blast-O-Matic from his fortress, striking any fighters he hit with his first attack. This blast completely destroys Donkey Kong Island dealing serious damage and launching fighters.

#SmashBrosInfinite

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Man, I just got this damn game. Can you wait until I unlock the other characters?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Turmenista wrote:Man, I just got this damn game. Can you wait until I unlock the other characters?

You can literally apply as almost any character you want, as long as they appeared on a Nintendo console :lol:
Have at you!

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:24 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Turmenista wrote:Man, I just got this damn game. Can you wait until I unlock the other characters?

You can literally apply as almost any character you want, as long as they appeared on a Nintendo console :lol:

AND it includes ports!

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Godzilla, the King of Monsters

Series of Origin: (For Series' taking place in a Multiverse, specify which one) Godzilla

Massive radioactive dinosaur, he's big, strong, and knows kung-fu

he steps, kicks, stomps, punches, claws, bites, and breathes among others

He's a big lumbering monster and is limited in where and what he can access by such. He is also a wandering beast, not a driven combatant unless drawn to a site by radiation. Therefore, he is unlikely to be drawn into a fight unless provoked, making him rather avoidable. Stealth is also an issue for Godzilla, as one can literally see him from a mile away.

Instead of a traditional final smash, each time Godzilla enacts his final smash he will evolve into a more powerful iteration of Godzilla, as he will originate as the original 50 meter creature from the 1954 film while potentially ending at the legendary Godzilla from the 2014 movie.

#SmashBrosInfinite
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Skylus wrote:
Mundeo wrote:You can literally apply as almost any character you want, as long as they appeared on a Nintendo console :lol:

AND it includes ports!

Then I have a perfect idea.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:37 pm

tag?
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Barack Obama

Series of Origin: Shaq-Fu
President: Obama is the American President, giving him the combined strength and power of his predecessors, and due to this, regeneration and super strength/speed. As a black person, he has the ability to give people the n word pass and say the n word himself.

Neutral: Obama punches his opponent

Specials:
Neutral B: Obama fires a pistol at his enemy

Side B: Obama smacks his opponent with the Constitution, which is burning, thus dealing fire damage

Up B: Obama uses his shotgun, a spread attack

Down B: Obama plays golf, hitting the target in the face with a golf ball

After his term ends, Obama will cease being president and lose his prowess in combat and associated powers

Obama summons a drone strike to attack his enemies, though the press ignores civilian casualities and gives him a Nobel Peace Prize anyways

#SmashBrosInfinite
Last edited by The Palmetto on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Matt

Series of Origin: Nintendo

Mii Trainer: As a Mii, Matt is regarded as the champion of many sports, including swordplay and boxing, and, as a trainer, is incredibly skilled in a variety of sports aside from the aforementioned two.

Specials:

Neutral B (Hold): Matt suddenly assumes his boxing outfit and winds up for a punch. After a certain amount of time, he can resume regular movement, or release the punch at max power to deal max damage and shatter shields.

Side B: Matt assumes a bowling ball and rolls it in the direction he's facing.

Up B: After leaping up into the air, Matt assumes skydiving gear and pulls a parachute, allowing him to glide safely to the ground.

Down B: Assuming his sword fighting gear, Matt parries the incoming attack with a swing of his purple sword, dealing more damage than the enemy would've inflicted on him.

Mat is very good in every Wii sport except Cycling and Tennis. As a Mii, he is also very light and does not have as much raw power as a large character would.

Dunk Mode: Charging forward and dealing a powerful set of punches with his boxing gloves, followed by a series of slashes with his foam sword, Matt sends the enemy airborne. He follows this, however, with an ominous finisher, as a large basketball hoop appears and he leaps up, dunking the ball (and anyone caught in the Final Smash) in the hoop to finish them off.

#SmashBrosInfinite
Last edited by Turmenista on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Toon Link

click the link, takes you to the game box art
Series of Origin: Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker)

The Power Glove can lift (according to the scale) Class 5 objects.
The Master Sword has been restored to its full power by now, along with doing double damage, it can provide a very dim light source if needed.
The Mirror Shield can reflect light on to various sources and also protects the owner against basically anything (in the Zelda world, anyway)
The Fire and Ice rods do - what else - set things on fire/freeze things
The Deku Leaf can send Link to various heights if he's above a wind gust. He can also use the Deku Leaf to send air in the direction he swings the Leaf.
The Hookshot latches onto wooden objects and pulls you up to them. Also helps with crossing large gaps.

up B - upwards sword slash
Down B - bombs
Side B- side sword slash
neutral - sword slash

aerial down - sword slam
aerial up - sword jab
aerial side - fire/ice rods (depending on what side you're facing)

grab - hookshot

taunts -
up taunt - windwaker
down taunt - sword pose
side taunts - fake attacks

fire, ice, can't swim very well, does not like heights that much

Triforce of Courage - Link pulls the opponent into a trap with his Hookshot, then attacks them with the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage, this move does a great amount of damage and usually KO's whoever it hits.

#SmashBrosInfinite
Last edited by Skylus on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse