NATION

PASSWORD

Essays of the Carbon Pen

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:
So then the NPO is just terrible at picking Senators, by picking inactive and incompetent people. Got it.

Are you contributing to the NPO war effort beyond making quips like these? Genuine question.

Nope, but I consider my role important.

Although, don't let Milo ignoring my point distract you from the fact that the NPO does, in fact, choose inactive and incompetent Senators
Last edited by The Tri State Area and Maine on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 pm

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:Although, don't let Milo ignoring my point distract you from the fact that the NPO does, in fact, choose inactive and incompetent Senators

By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:Although, don't let Milo ignoring my point distract you from the fact that the NPO does, in fact, choose inactive and incompetent Senators

You said that Feux was incompetent and Svec was inactive. The NPO made Svec and Feux Senators. This means that the NPO chooses incompetent and inactive Senators. How am I wrong?

As to Milo, go ahead and do that. Doesn't change anything, though.

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:Are you contributing to the NPO war effort beyond making quips like these? Genuine question.

Nope, but I consider my role important.

Although, don't let Milo ignoring my point distract you from the fact that the NPO does, in fact, choose inactive and incompetent Senators

I ignored your point because you are wrong, and your point misses the point.

Want me to waste my time addressing it?

...also, before you say "Milo, you're pro-NPO!" I'm not pro-NPO, but I've probably done more to destabilize the Pacific than you or any of the other NPO Delenda Est people ever will. :roll:

NPO Delenda Est

EDIT: I deleted my post to re-post it with fewer edits but then you ninjad my repost. Response upcoming.
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishmonger4Lyfe | AKA Milograd, Vanquisher of Vegans | NPO Delenda Est
Region: Azhukali | I co-founded, and then completely abandoned II Wiki | Discord: #NSSanctuary
Former NPO Senator of Getting The Region in Trouble
Eternal Delegate-Hero of The South Pacific and Somewhat-Forgiven Chairman-Traitorlord in Lazarus
Former II Roleplaying Mentor
Author of a bunch of SC resolutions (not an accomplishment), one GA resolution (would be an accomplishment, except Douria did all the work), and an issue about suicide-by-train (I'm very proud of this)
LAZARUSDEATH - My first RP since 2012

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:Image

You said that Feux was incompetent and Svec was inactive. The NPO made Svec and Feux Senators. This means that the NPO chooses incompetent and inactive Senators. How am I wrong?

As to Milo, go ahead and do that. Doesn't change anything, though.

Feux wasn't doing his job. This is hardly able to be construed as "incompetent". Do not lie and make up words I did not say, it just makes you look like a fool.
Svez was inactive for IRL reasons.

In the beginning when they were chosen, they did their jobs both before and after being promoted.

Of course, due to double standards (and the recent trend of APC virtue signaling), the NPO cannot have the luxury of allowing people's IRL to take precedence or not being able to micromanage every single person's move. Meanwhile every other region with a functional government has no problem whatsoever with no burnout, people working in perfect cohesion as a single hive-minded unit, and with absolutely no difficulty in shuffling jobs around on a lark.
Unholy cosmic frost!

Milozoldyck
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Milozoldyck » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Milozoldyck wrote:
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:don't let Milo ignoring my point distract you from the fact that the NPO does, in fact, choose inactive and incompetent Senators

I ignored your point because you are wrong, and your point misses the point.

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:As to Milo, go ahead and do that. Doesn't change anything, though.

Of the two senators you cited in your post, Feux was clearly the one you meant to suggest was incompetent.

If Feux is incompetent, then Lazarus and Osiris are incompetent for letting him pose a serious threat to them.

e: NPO Delenda Est
Last edited by Milozoldyck on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishmonger4Lyfe | AKA Milograd, Vanquisher of Vegans | NPO Delenda Est
Region: Azhukali | I co-founded, and then completely abandoned II Wiki | Discord: #NSSanctuary
Former NPO Senator of Getting The Region in Trouble
Eternal Delegate-Hero of The South Pacific and Somewhat-Forgiven Chairman-Traitorlord in Lazarus
Former II Roleplaying Mentor
Author of a bunch of SC resolutions (not an accomplishment), one GA resolution (would be an accomplishment, except Douria did all the work), and an issue about suicide-by-train (I'm very proud of this)
LAZARUSDEATH - My first RP since 2012

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 am

Milozoldyck wrote:
Milozoldyck wrote:I ignored your point because you are wrong, and your point misses the point.

The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:As to Milo, go ahead and do that. Doesn't change anything, though.

Of the two senators you cited in your post, Feux was clearly the one you meant to suggest was incompetent.

If Feux is incompetent, then Lazarus and Osiris are incompetent for letting him pose a serious threat to them.

I didn't suggest he was incompetent. Jar did.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:20 am

Milozoldyck wrote:

I said nothing of sort. You did.
Unholy cosmic frost!

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:29 am

Feux was competent enough to infiltrate Lazarus and Osiris, but not competent enough to accomplish his goals in either region. So I'd say it's a mixed bag.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:11 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:

I said nothing of sort. You did.

Jar Wattinree wrote:and the other (Feux) hardly doing his job.

Sounds incompetent to me.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Alkasia wrote:Why the secrecy? Stand by your writing. It's not even like you're saying anything wildly controversial.

Going to second this and also can't be bothered to actually read things by puppets anymore....

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:30 pm

You didn't resign in protest five years ago, Cormac. You were thrown out of TP by Feux for leaking a joke he that he'd made in the regional chat (a laughable waste of an opportunity to leak, although it's not like you were given much else to work with). Rewriting history in order to make yourself the star of this show won't confuse the memories of the people who were present at the time. Avakael: you were one of a few dozen dispensable auxiliaries who showed up well after the NLO affair had taken off and wanted to get a thumb in the pie if it succeeded. Following its failure you and the rest of these nameless mercenaries predictably scattered. You were a small part of a mundane component of the coup d'état paradigm and it's no surprise that Lazarus thought little of your involvement or simply forgot about you altogether. Everybody and their uncle "participated" in the NLO coup. Only a few people were of the cabal that was privy to everything leading up to the affair.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:38 pm

A mean old man wrote:You didn't resign in protest five years ago, Cormac. You were thrown out of TP by Feux for leaking a joke he that he'd made in the regional chat (a laughable waste of an opportunity to leak, although it's not like you were given much else to work with). Rewriting history in order to make yourself the star of this show won't confuse the memories of the people who were present at the time. Avakael: you were one of a few dozen dispensable auxiliaries who showed up well after the NLO affair had taken off and wanted to get a thumb in the pie if it succeeded. Following its failure you and the rest of these nameless mercenaries predictably scattered. You were a small part of a mundane component of the coup d'état paradigm and it's no surprise that Lazarus thought little of your involvement or simply forgot about you altogether. Everybody and their uncle "participated" in the NLO coup. Only a few people were of the cabal that was privy to everything leading up to the affair.

Rip, oh well.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:04 am

A mean old man wrote:You didn't resign in protest five years ago, Cormac. You were thrown out of TP by Feux for leaking a joke he that he'd made in the regional chat (a laughable waste of an opportunity to leak, although it's not like you were given much else to work with). Rewriting history in order to make yourself the star of this show won't confuse the memories of the people who were present at the time.

Uh, none of that is true. I resigned from the NPO and I didn't leak Feux's coup plot -- which was discussed in a smaller chat that included Emperor Krulltopia and Senator Gaspo, not the main regional chat -- until months later. The logs were posted here in September 2013. I resigned from the NPO in March 2013, shortly after Senator Gaspo asked me to deploy stealth troops to support Feux in Lazarus, because I didn't want to carry out his orders. Everything the NPO has done since I posted those logs in September 2013 has completely vindicated all of my decisions in regard to the NPO. Time and again, you and others in the NPO have proven me right and made everyone who criticized my choices then look ridiculous. Congratulations for that.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Uh, none of that is true. I resigned from the NPO and I didn't leak Feux's coup plot -- which was discussed in a smaller chat that included Emperor Krulltopia and Senator Gaspo, not the main regional chat -- until months later. The logs were posted here in September 2013. I resigned from the NPO in March 2013, shortly after Senator Gaspo asked me to deploy stealth troops to support Feux in Lazarus, because I didn't want to carry out his orders. Everything the NPO has done since I posted those logs in September 2013 has completely vindicated all of my decisions in regard to the NPO. Time and again, you and others in the NPO have proven me right and made everyone who criticized my choices then look ridiculous. Congratulations for that.

*Squints*.

Are you really referencing that old thing? Did you go back and read through it? That thread was far too little, posted way too late, followed by you being dog piled by everyone who knew the truth of the affair - that you had been ejected from TP in disgrace for being caught in a pointless leak and that we were making necessary preparations to deal with a threat that would have sent Lazarus the way of Balder at the time - into the eternal grasp of the imperialist insurgency. No. Everyone saw through you then and they see through you now.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:38 pm

A mean old man wrote: we were making necessary preparations to deal with a threat that would have sent Lazarus the way of Balder at the time

As opposed to making it the NPO controlled Defender haven that was the PRL.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 pm

A mean old man wrote:we were making necessary preparations to deal with a threat that would have sent Lazarus the way of Balder at the time - into the eternal grasp of the imperialist insurgency.

This is a complete misrepresentation of the reality of life in Lazarus prior to the September 2013 coup and purges. Viktoria Gryfynn served as Delegate of Lazarus over two non-consecutive periods, for a cumulative total of 624 days. During that time, she respected and upheld the traditions of Lazarus as a neutral democracy. She made no attempts to move it in what might be described as an imperialist direction. Her two periods ruling Lazarus culminated in peaceful transitions without any purges or extra-constitutional shenanigans, including handing over power to Feux at the end of her second Delegacy.

Gryfynn's honourable behaviour was a far cry from Feux ending his Delegacy with an NPO senator - you - announcing the expulsion of the NPO's enemies from Lazarus, followed by the extra-constitutional transformation of Lazarus from a neutral democracy into a Defender-Francoist dictatorship.

There was no 'imperialist insurgency' threatening Lazarus. If Gryfynn had planned, as Kaisern of The New Inquisition, to use Lazarus for TNI's purposes or even seize it permanently, she could have attempted this. Instead she respected the laws, traditions and sovereignty of Lazarus as Delegate.

To the extent that Gryfynn took steps to defend Lazarus in the course of 2013, it was precisely because she became aware that the New Pacific Order and its defender friends were plotting a coup. Not an unrealistic fear, when we now all know that coup came to fruition. If Gryfynn wanted to use or seize Lazarus for TNI, why didn't she do so when she was Delegate? Instead Gryfynn spoke up and acted not to turn Lazarus 'imperialist', but only later to resist Feux's attempts at entrenching Lazarus as a puppet of the New Pacific Order. Her actions were appropriate responses to the NPO plotting a coup of Lazarus.

As for your remarks about Balder, we are a sovereign and independent region governed by native leaders. Some of those native leaders also happen to be senior members of imperialist regions, including me, but that doesn't make their role in Balder any less valid. Balder "at the time" of the Lazarus coup was a democratic region where choices about its direction were vested in the native community as a whole, as is also the case today. Lazarus in 2013 had a different native community and a longer history compared to Balder in 2013. Political decisions in Balder reflected the wishes of Balder's community.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:[...]There was no 'imperialist insurgency' threatening Lazarus. If Gryfynn had planned, as Kaisern of The New Inquisition, to use Lazarus for TNI's purposes or even seize it permanently, she could have attempted this. Instead she respected the laws, traditions and sovereignty of Lazarus as Delegate.[...]
Pretty much Lazarus had a political tradition that even continued with various defacto coup d'etats, which pretty much avoided major purges, until the PRL came along. I'd say what makes the PRL interesting nowadays is that a lot of the issues people had with Gryfynn were personality conflicts or R&D politics based, with most who worked to get rid of Gryfynn totally oblivious to who was really working behind the scenes to get rid of her. Those same forces then continued to manipulate Lazarus, till Kazmr pushed them out for a time with the HRL, before they came back to the surface during the CU.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 pm

A mean old man wrote:that you had been ejected from TP in disgrace for being caught in a pointless leak

I was not ejected from the Pacific. I left. Only you and your ilk are pathetic enough to stick around the NPO waiting to be purged over and over again.

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:51 pm

I hate to agree with Onder - and believe me, anyone who knows my history in NS knows I hate to agree with Onder - but he's right, mostly.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay