NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Statement from the New Pacific Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:10 am

Jakker wrote:It's fun to watch NPO admit their mistakes.

Better than TBH, this will all be classed as 'training' if they don't do anything worthwhile :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Jakker wrote:It's fun to watch NPO admit their mistakes.

Better than TBH, this will all be classed as 'training' if they don't do anything worthwhile :P

Dude, I know you're old, but confusing us with the LKE about something that happened a month ago is a bit much ;)

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 am

That was quick. Is the NPO still attempting to talk themselves out of this?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Dude, I know you're old, but confusing us with the LKE about something that happened a month ago is a bit much ;)

You're right, my bad. Keep getting confused between raiders and impys.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:50 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Dude, I know you're old, but confusing us with the LKE about something that happened a month ago is a bit much ;)

You're right, my bad. Keep getting confused between raiders and impys.

It's fine, just don't confuse us honest raiders with them knockoff versions again :p
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008

Postby Aenglaland » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 am

Well that was a short war. Funny how I remember reading somewhere "this war will drag on for a long time" and thinking "yeah, nah", but I never expected to be right.
Last edited by Aenglaland on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Aenglaland wrote:Well that was a short war. Funny how I remember reading somewhere "this war will drag on for a long time" and thinking "yeah, nah", but I never expected to be right.

I mean, this is the NPO withdrawing their one declaration. You have to remember that plenty of regions made declarations of their own.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Raionitu wrote:I mean, this is the NPO withdrawing their one declaration. You have to remember that plenty of regions made declarations of their own.

And some of them were pretty funny too.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:56 pm

And while the NPO doesn't recognize a state of war with any region it doesn't mean other regions aren't still at war with them.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008

Postby Aenglaland » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Raionitu wrote:I mean, this is the NPO withdrawing their one declaration. You have to remember that plenty of regions made declarations of their own.

I'm well aware of this, but it's just a matter of time until the NPO takes this same approach with other regions. We all know what happens in the end, really. It's like a cycle, like a bad movie and series of cheap reboots. No matter how fancy producers try to make them, you already know the plot wasn't that good in the first place.
Drop Your Pants wrote:And some of them were pretty funny too.

True :lol:
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:36 pm

The NPO continues to be outstanding at damage control. If only it didn't have to be.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sargon Reman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Under copyright by Mingulay Isle ;)
Last edited by Sargon Reman on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Author of SC Resolution #265, #281...and #288.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Your attempt at a false equivalency fails from the first item you quoted. I actually signed the document in question, which was a main issue with the other post you are attempting to compare this with. Normal conventions of diplomatic correspondence were adhered to and clearly stated from the outset. Is there a certain part of the statement that you could not comprehend?
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Pierconium wrote:

Your attempt at a false equivalency fails from the first item you quoted. I actually signed the document in question, which was a main issue with the other post you are attempting to compare this with. Normal conventions of diplomatic correspondence were adhered to and clearly stated from the outset. Is there a certain part of the statement that you could not comprehend?

Yes, you signed it, and said you signed it on behalf of the Emperor. The Emperor didn't sign it. For all we know, he didn't approve it. The idea that your only problem with Osiris' declaration of war was that the Chairman of the Council of Guardians didn't sign it is just a case of you moving the goalposts to try to save face. It was clear you were questioning whether he spoke for the Pharaoh, and that would have been the case had he signed it or not. Similarly, I'm questioning whether you speak for the Emperor. Anyone, even a former Emperor who's past his prime, can say they signed it on his behalf.

Where is the new Emperor these days anyway? He's been pretty quiet.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Your attempt at a false equivalency fails from the first item you quoted. I actually signed the document in question, which was a main issue with the other post you are attempting to compare this with. Normal conventions of diplomatic correspondence were adhered to and clearly stated from the outset. Is there a certain part of the statement that you could not comprehend?

Yes, you signed it, and said you signed it on behalf of the Emperor. The Emperor didn't sign it. For all we know, he didn't approve it. The idea that your only problem with Osiris' declaration of war was that the Chairman of the Council of Guardians didn't sign it is just a case of you moving the goalposts to try to save face. It was clear you were questioning whether he spoke for the Pharaoh, and that would have been the case had he signed it or not. Similarly, I'm questioning whether you speak for the Emperor, because the Emperor didn't sign this.

I can't possibly fathom why Lord of Darkness wouldn't want to participate in this forum.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Your attempt at a false equivalency fails from the first item you quoted. I actually signed the document in question, which was a main issue with the other post you are attempting to compare this with. Normal conventions of diplomatic correspondence were adhered to and clearly stated from the outset. Is there a certain part of the statement that you could not comprehend?

Yes, you signed it, and said you signed it on behalf of the Emperor. The Emperor didn't sign it. For all we know, he didn't approve it. The idea that your only problem with Osiris' declaration of war was that the Chairman of the Council of Guardians didn't sign it is just a case of you moving the goalposts to try to save face. It was clear you were questioning whether he spoke for the Pharaoh, and that would have been the case had he signed it or not. Similarly, I'm questioning whether you speak for the Emperor. Anyone, even a former Emperor who's past his prime, can say they signed it on his behalf.

No, you are incorrect, as usual. I was very clear in my queries, public and private, that the lack of a signature was the issue. You having a problem with it now is immaterial as the issue has long been resolved. I asked for clarification and was met with a vague halfassed response that could not verify the statement. Whether that was meant as a jest or a stalling tactic we will never actually know, but I accepted the answer once it came. Maybe you should learn how to let go and move on about things that don’t actually concern you? Just a thought.

If anyone in this community actually thinks that I would make a signed statement on behalf of the Emperor of the NPO under false pretences they obviously know very little about the history of the Pacific. Luckily for us, you will likely never have the opportunity to know what the inner structure of the Senate is like or the designation of workload. The Emperor is busy with internal restructuring and has had several direct private conversations with other heads of state. My delegation to making public statements on NSGP is a very minor part of what the Senate is currently undertaking.

But sure, keep trying to claim I don’t have the authority to speak for the NPO. That only shows your complete lack of a grasp on reality or wilful ignorance. Keep tilting...
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Pierconium wrote:But sure, keep trying to claim I don’t have the authority to speak for the NPO. That only shows your complete lack of a grasp on reality or wilful ignorance. Keep tilting...

I'm sure you do have authority to speak for the NPO, just as Mghnb had authority to speak for Osiris. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

In any event, re: the NPO's surrender -- I guess The Black Hawks were too much for the mighty NPO. As Feux was fond of saying: "Sad and weak."

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:55 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pierconium wrote:But sure, keep trying to claim I don’t have the authority to speak for the NPO. That only shows your complete lack of a grasp on reality or wilful ignorance. Keep tilting...

I'm sure you do have authority to speak for the NPO, just as Mghnb had authority to speak for Osiris. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

In any event, re: the NPO's surrender -- I guess The Black Hawks were too much for the mighty NPO. As Feux was fond of saying: "Sad and weak."

Elmer, we both know who wins the hypocrisy game here, give it a rest. I asked for clarification because of (incorrect) information that I had been given and a clear answer was not forthcoming. It is not the same thing at all. You harping on it and saying it is so doesn’t change anything. You moaning about a lack of NSGP posting by the Emperor doesn’t mean he is inactive, it just means he has other things he is doing and I am here as his representative, which is how our government works. We do not answer to you and are not obligated to do things as you wish them done.

The realpolitik of the DoW was admittedly problematic and that is one of the reasons for the withdrawal.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I'm sure you do have authority to speak for the NPO, just as Mghnb had authority to speak for Osiris. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Elmer, we both know who wins the hypocrisy game here, give it a rest. I asked for clarification because of (incorrect) information that I had been given and a clear answer was not forthcoming. It is not the same thing at all. You harping on it and saying it is so doesn’t change anything. You moaning about a lack of NSGP posting by the Emperor doesn’t mean he is inactive, it just means he has other things he is doing and I am here as his representative, which is how our government works. We do not answer to you and are not obligated to do things as you wish them done.

The realpolitik of the DoW was admittedly problematic and that is one of the reasons for the withdrawal.

Because copy-pasting an official statement is just sooooo much work required :blush:
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:09 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:I'm sure you do have authority to speak for the NPO, just as Mghnb had authority to speak for Osiris. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Cormac harping on it and saying it is the same thing doesn't make it the same thing. The reality of it being the same thing, however, means Cormac only needs to point it out. You say "moaning" about a lack of NSGP posting by the leader of your government is invalid because the leader of your government is otherwise preoccupied, and you are here as his representative, which is how the NPO government works.

That exactly mirrors how your "moaning" about a lack of NSGP posting by the leader of Osiris' government was invalid, because the leader of our government was otherwise preoccupied, and Mghnb was there as her representative, which is how Osiris' government works.

Who wins the hypocrisy game here again, Buzz?
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Arkadia Universalis
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Arkadia Universalis » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am

Pierconium wrote:
If anyone in this community actually thinks that I would make a signed statement on behalf of the Emperor of the NPO under false pretences they obviously know very little about the history of the Pacific.

With all due respect - did you or did you not do *exactly* that to the CyberNations New Pacific Order? I suppose your statement still stands, since this was a different community and technically doesn’t concern the history of the NationStates region known as the Pacific. However, to say that this particular action is below you would be incorrect, wouldn’t it?
“In the name of the Hather, the Son, and the Bowler Spirit, I bless thee.” - Pope Hatrick I

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:20 am

Arkadia Universalis wrote:
Pierconium wrote:
If anyone in this community actually thinks that I would make a signed statement on behalf of the Emperor of the NPO under false pretences they obviously know very little about the history of the Pacific.

With all due respect - did you or did you not do *exactly* that to the CyberNations New Pacific Order? I suppose your statement still stands, since this was a different community and technically doesn’t concern the history of the NationStates region known as the Pacific. However, to say that this particular action is below you would be incorrect, wouldn’t it?

No, that is not what happened at all. You are grossly mistaken and if you have taken the revisionist kool-aid on the topic so be it - but it does not change the facts of what occurred in that situation. I took over as rightful and legitimate Emperor and was myself couped. That has been verified multiple times. So no, just no.

Edit: Have you actually read that link? It states that I was Emperor when I made the official statements and that I was later couped. What are you even talking about? Reading comprehension...
Last edited by Pierconium on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 am

Yokiria wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Elmer, we both know who wins the hypocrisy game here, give it a rest. I asked for clarification because of (incorrect) information that I had been given and a clear answer was not forthcoming. It is not the same thing at all. You harping on it and saying it is so doesn’t change anything. You moaning about a lack of NSGP posting by the Emperor doesn’t mean he is inactive, it just means he has other things he is doing and I am here as his representative, which is how our government works. We do not answer to you and are not obligated to do things as you wish them done.

Cormac harping on it and saying it is the same thing doesn't make it the same thing. The reality of it being the same thing, however, means Cormac only needs to point it out. You say "moaning" about a lack of NSGP posting by the leader of your government is invalid because the leader of your government is otherwise preoccupied, and you are here as his representative, which is how the NPO government works.

That exactly mirrors how your "moaning" about a lack of NSGP posting by the leader of Osiris' government was invalid, because the leader of our government was otherwise preoccupied, and Mghnb was there as her representative, which is how Osiris' government works.

Who wins the hypocrisy game here again, Buzz?

Again, no. I was told that the post might not be legitimate because it did not have a signature so I asked a question and was given a vague response. How is that the same as what has occurred here? Is there a signature? Yes. Have you or Cormac been told by a trustworthy source that I do not have the authority to make this statement? I’m going to say no. Did you after receiving this hypothetical information make a reasonable request for clarification that was met with a vague response? No. At no point did I comment on a lack of posts from the Osiris Delegate.

It isn’t the same thing. I’m not going to entertain that it is because it isn’t.

As far as Elmer is concerned, he knows I mean more than just this one item.
Last edited by Pierconium on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:57 am

You could probably change your sig from Tyrant to Janitor at this point.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay