NATION

PASSWORD

Díencup I — Hosted in the Golden Throne [GD]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 pm

FINAL MATCH
BROUGHT TO YOU BY MONTANA INC: WHITE LIKE SNOW...YEA...DEFINITELY SNOW...NOT COCAI—

Palmyrion 2–1 Morrdh
Last edited by The Macabees on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:21 pm

UPVFC Defeats Morrdh 2-1 to Grab DienCup I Championship Title
Jennifer Dimasalang | 15 December 2018, 9:10 AM PST

Match Highlights:
  • Magtibay (34:56) and Katigbak (100:43) seal the deal for Palmyrion
  • Morridane team the only team to break Palmyrion's defense for 1 goal
  • Graduating roster thankful for their very first international championship title

Kort Kaster, Fedala, The Golden Throne | In perhaps the most spectacular and breathtaking match of the tournament, Palmyrion steams through the Morridane ranks to grab the DienCup I championship title - undefeated. However, the Morridanes were able to break through the defenses of the University of Palmyrion Varsity Football Club (known as the Maroon Strikers) to answer Magtibay's opening goal with the sole Morridane goal of the match on the second half, with a 1-1 tie at the end of regulation time. Katigbak, however, managed to seal the deal for Palmyrion with a goal at 10:43 of the extra time match.

"The Maroon Strikers have triumphed over the odds to secure a championship title not only for UP, but also for the entirety of the Royal Commonwealth. As their coach, I am very proud of our team. This is truly the spirit of Atin 'To." head coach Caballero said during a post-match interview. "The game may have gone well into overtime, but the extra 15 minutes was all worth it. Palmyrion is now gaining visibility in the international scene after three decades of being just another relatively reclusive trade partner." he added.

While UP students were at their plentiest during the match, they were not the sole fans of the UP Varsity Football Club; fans from all over the world expressed their admiration for the emergent underdog team representing Palmyrion. "Maybe next time I may want to study in the University of Palmyrion, and maybe get to cheer for them as a UP student. It's sad though, that this is most likely their last appearance in DienCup, but as a student cheering for them in the PCAL, I would be very ecstatic at the prospect. UP Fight!" a Morridane fan in the match said - and he is correct about this being UPVFC's last DienCup appearance.

For the ten graduating players of UPVFC, the future holds a high degree of uncertainty - but there are talks of them of either joining the Palmyrian national football team, or forming a certain "Katipunan FC" with their Ateneo Lu-Bruska (ALB) counterparts.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Previous

Return to NS Sports