NATION

PASSWORD

World Bowl 36/XXXVI Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Roster Information of the Banija Serpent Eagles

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my Scorers: Yes
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes(please specify the injury and the amount of time my players will miss)
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes(please specify the injury and the amount of time my players will miss)
Godmod Other Events: Yes
Style Modifier: +5

Team Nickname: Serpent Eagles
Best World Bowl Finish: 4th place in World Bowl XXIX, World Bowl XXX, and World Bowl XXXI

Official Depth Chart for the 36th World Bowl

The rosters is drawn both from the Banijan Girdiron Football League and our NSCF teams.

Starters are underlined. Listed in the order of the depth chart.

Offense

Quarterbacks
Isaka Jawara. #5. 24 years old. Starter for the University of Loyola-Istria in NSCF 17, NSCF 18, and NSCF 19. NSCF 17 Champion, NSCF 17 & NSCF 19 Offensive Player of the Year, NSCF 18 Most Outstanding Player.
Ousman Kinte. #12. 27 years old. Starter in the Banijan Gridiron Football League.
Slawomir Kovach. #9. 41 years old. Former 2 year starter for Northern Moravica in NSCF 12 & 13, as well as starter for World Bowl 28.

Halfbacks
Justice Greenspan. #25. 31 years old. Starter for Loyola-Istria in NSCF 14 and NSCF 17. Team's feature back.
Beluchi Okparro. #20. 21 years old. Starter at Northern Moravica University.
Fakebba Njie. #21. 33 years old. Power back. He plays fullback in goal to go situations.
George Isa. #28. 31 years old. Specialty is pass blocking.

Wide Receivers.
Tijan Kujabi. #10, 27 years old. 6'1, 220 pounds. Runs a 4.39 40 yard dash.
Dobromir Margolin. #17, 27 years old. 6'3, 220 pounds. #1 receiver at Northern Moravica for NSCF 17 & NSCF 18.
Kieran Kweo Atkison. #11, 21 years old. 6'1", 205 lb. Starter at Richardson University in Ranoria.
Jamang Colley. #84, 32 years old. 6'5, 229 pounds.
Joyner McEben. #13, 29 years old. 5'11, 190 pounds.

Tight Ends.
Christos Cosse. #81, 39 years old. NSCF 14 Offensive Player of the Year. Always the #1 receiver in the red zone.
Bona Debaleko. #89, 33 years old.
Isaiah Crowbedor. #85, 27 years old. Blocking Tight end.

Left Tackle.
Ediresa Kinte. #69, 32 years old.
Atasaone Bafana. #65, 26 years old. NSCF 18 Starter for Northern Moravica.

Left Guard.
Amare Demissie #60, 29 years old. Starter at Loyola-Istria in NSCF 17.
Jalang Sebowa. #64, 27 years old.

Center.
Kamara Jobe. #50. 28 years old.
Babou Taal. #57. 26 years old.

Right Guard.
Ediresa Kinte. #63, 27 years old.
Agu Oby. #61. 29 years old.
Obi Chima. #68. 31 years old.

Right Tackle.
Yacobe Melesse. #73, 30 years old. NSCF 17 starter for Northern Moravia as a senior.
Gitonga Touray. #71, 27 years old.

Defense 4-3.

Left Defensive End.
Elias Mulu.. #91, 28 years old. NSCF 17 Starter for Northern Moravica.
Kwame Kgame. #96, 31 years old.

Right Defensive End.
Okorie Madou. #90, 27 years old.
Chibuzo Oby. #93, 31 years old.

Defensive Tackle.
Musa Janneh. #99, 30 years old.
Auguste Denin. #95, 29 years old.
Chukwama Kouyaté. #92, 21 years old.
Henri Konan. #98, 29 years old.

Left Outside Linebacker.
Jabril Uste #55, 28 years old.
Ontiretse Motshidisi, #40, 23 years old. NSCF 19 starter for Northern Moravica.

Middle Linebacker.
Aloysius Kabuye #54, 26 years old. NSCF 17 & 18 starter for Loyola-Istria.
Malana Touré. #56, 28 years old.
Manlafi Madukwe. #47, 27 years old.

Right Outside Linebacker.
David Franklin. #41, 35 years old. NSCF 14 starter for Loyola-Istria. World Bowl XXXI starter .Captain.
Cycnus Boulos. #52, 26 years old. NSCF 17 & 18 starter for Loyola-Istria.

Cornerbacks.
Yonas Azikiwe. #22, 30 years old. NSCF 17 starter for Northern Moravica.
Ayele Zelalem #31, 30 years old. NSCF 17 starter for Northern Moravica..
Zelalem Oromo. #39, 30 years old. NSCF 17 starter for Loyola-Istria.
Amadi Chikere. #24, 23 years old.
Chydi Jel. #25. 26 years old.

Strong Safety.
Gidada Shale. #27, 30 years old. NSCF 17 starter for Northern Moravica.
Posta Balana. #26, 29 years old.

Free Safety.
Obi Benti. #20, 31 years old. NSCF 17 starter for Loyola-Istria.
Saikou Ngombia. #19, 22 years old.

Special Teams.

Yes, my backup center is the long snapper and my backup quarterback is the holder for field goals, just to be clear. My punter does normal kickoffs while my kicker does onside kicks. Lastly, my kicker is my backup punter and my punter is my backup kicker, just in case you RP an injury to one.

Kick/Punt Returner.
Tijan Kujabi. #10, 27 years old. 6'1, 220 pounds. Runs a 4.39 40 yard dash.
Joyner McEben. #13, 25 years old. 5'11, 190 pounds.
Saikou Ngombia. #19, 22 years old.

Kicker.
Chioma Uchie #3, 27 years old. Maximum range is somewhere between 50 and 55 yards.

Punter.
Ares Siska #2. 40 years old. Starter for Loyola-Istria in NSCF 14. Missed game-tying field goal on the final play of regulation in World Bowl XXX semifinal.

Head Coach: Alastair Jobs. 65 years old. The head coach at the University of Loyola-Istria for 20 seasons, until hired to the national team by Daniachew. Daniachew himself coached Banija in 4 World Bowls, and went to the semifinals in World Bowl 29, World Bowl 30, and World Bowl 31. The legend was made head of the Banijan Gridiron Football Association, and hired Alastair Jobs to coach the national team. He coached Loyola-Istria to the NSCF 14 and NSCF 17 championships. This is his second cycle at the helm, as he looks for redemption after an extremely disappointing group stage finish in World Bowl XXXV.

Offensive Coordinator & Assistant HEad Coach: Jeremiah Johnson, 58 years old. HE is a great offensive coordinator for Alastair Jobs, who is looking to run a pass happy spread offense system. A firm believer in the system, the team almsot rarely lines up under center- somewhere between 80 and 85% of their snaps are taken from either the pistol or shotgun formation. While he's added some run-option and RPO concepts to the offense, especially out of the pistol, the core of this offense remains the same- spread em out and attack the defense.

Defensive Coordinator: Techomir Sendula. 43 years old. Played outside linebacker during his career. NSCF 12 starter for Northern Moravica; Starter for World Bowls 29-31 and 34; second string linebacker for World Bowl 35. He was brought onside by Alastair Jobs for the position after firing his World Bowl XXXV defensive coordinator. While this is his first ever coaching job, his depth of playing experience is seen as a major asset for this team, and while there are expected to be growing pains on the defensive side of the ball, he is certainly expected to improve throughout the tournament.

Special Teams Coordinator/Strength & Conditioning Coach: Iyoas Motuma. 34 years old.

The national stadium, the Stadium of the Restoration, sits 91,835. It is the country's largest soccer & 3rd largest gridiron stadium, and, of course, it is the national stadium for both sports. On the stadium's site, in 1835, the Banijan monarchy was restored at this site in Banija's first declaration of independence from the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. When the RBSA was formed, it was the obvious site to build the national stadium. The original facility sat 69,000, and was then, as it is now, Banija's largest soccer stadium. It was home to the Banijan national soccer and gridiron teams, and hosted plenty of international tournaments, including the Finals of a World Bowl and a Baptism of Fire. However, the ageing facility needed to be rebuilt so that one could fit the WCC's 80,000 seater minimum requirement to host a World Cup opening match.

The bid from AEP, an architectural firm from Siovanija & Teusland, won the bid to build a new Stadium of the Restoration on the same site. The brand new stadium's capacity, according to the bid, is a nod to Banija's history, of the year that made the site famous in 1835. It has a retractable natural grass surface, used for soccer, and a retractable articifial turf surface, used for gridiron football and during ceremonies like coronations. There are no gaps between the stands, while the South Stand is a single tier, designed to amplify crowd noise. The stadium contains 35 suites, 1 of which is always reserved for RBSA executives, and the second always received for His Majesty, the Kabaka.

Matchday 1: Banija v. Monsa
Matchday 2: Frenline Delpha v. Banija
Matchday 3: Banija v. Taeshan
Matchday 4: Vangaziland v. Banija
Matchday 5: Banija v. One Jamaica
Matchday 6: Monsa v. Banija
Matchday 7: Banija v. Frenline Delpha
Matchday 8: Taeshan v. Banija
Matchday 9: Banija v. Vangaziland
Matchday 10: One Jamaica v. Banija
Last edited by Banija on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Banija opens World Bowl XXXVI with big time victory over Monsa

Dobromir Margolin(#17) celebrates his touchdown reception in 40-0 blowout victory over Monsa to start World Bowl XXXVI

EAGLEBURY, KO-OREN- "Victory." That was the single word that Alastair Jobs uttered at the World Bowl XXXVI media days for Group F. The question asked to him, of course, was one that is asked to most coaches in most sports when they embark a season or tournament- what are your expectations? Everyone, of course, wants to win a championship, but not everyone is capable of doing so. Everyone, before the games are played, thinks they can though. It's hard to win those- Alastair Jobs knows how hard it is, winning not one, but two NSCF titles during his time coaching his alma mater, the University of Loyola-Istria. But here's the thing about that word- what does it mean? Is that winning a World title, something that seems like a stretch for a team ranked 21st and firmly in pot 3? Or is that just getting back to the knockout stages? Ambition and ambiguity at the same time, all loaded into that single word.

Banijans, of course, are always excited for gridiron, and will always have sky high expectations. Look at the way the country's college football programs have thrived. Loyola-Istria has been to three NSCF title games, and won two of them, in NSCF 14 and NSCF 17, while losing the final of NSCF 18 in an upset loss to Mar Sara Tech of Valanora. Northern Moravica, on the other hand, have five conference titles, and are the defending champions, finally overcoming their archrivals Loyola and then triumphing in the title game against Richardson. But that consistency- both schools dominating the Celestia conference, both schools having titles, means Banijans are used to seeing their teams win on the international stage in this sport.

And then, of course, you have to look at the history of the Serpent Eagles. While this is growing further in distant memory, many Banijan fans remember the three straight semifinal appearances that led to three straight 4th place finishes in this tournament. Always so close, and yet, no cigar. Alastair Jobs, in his press conference, talked about putting that behind the team. "THat is the legacy of this program- however, this team, as with every team, is different. It is time for all of us to put that behind us. That pain is no longer here, it is no longer fresh- we need to move on. I'm not gonna talk about it from here on out- it doesn't make sense. Let's talk about this teams' chance to win a championship. "

And with that, he steadfastly refused to take questions on the legacy of those teams, how those teams effect this team, and however else. That said, we'll take a look at this season's team. This year, Alastair Jobs is lined up with his own protege- none other than superstar quarterback Isaka Jawara. One of the NSCF all-time greats, he put up all kinds of numbers in college. He won a NSCF championship, he won two offensive player of the year awards, he's won a Most Outstanding Player award- heck, the only thing he didn't do was win a Celestia Conference title in his three years as the starting quarterback.

It is a combination that has Alastair Jobs excited- not the least because he recruited Isaka to Loyola, and coached him for two seasons before taking over this team. "Isaka Jawara has a great skillset, and this is something I recognized when I saw him out of high school." Said the head coach when asked about the subject. "I knew he was going to be great- if, of course, he applied himself, which he did. His talent is amazing. He can move with his feet, and he can make any throw. The offenses that they've had in Istria have been absolutely spectacular, always at the top of the NSCF, and that is in no small part due to Isaka. So much talent there, and he makes all of his teammates better."

"His knowledge of the playbook here is key." Continued Alastair Jobs. "He used this playbook in college- the learning curve is so much smaller for Isaka Jawara than it is for most quarterbacks taking over their national teams, and that is a huge advantage for this squad. Now, of course, there are still adjustments- playing at this level is much different than playing in college. The game is so much faster- the defenses are so much faster at this level, than they are in college. Whether he'll succeed or not at this level, which I know for sure that he will, will be answered in his head. Can he read a defense? Can he respond to adversity? Does he know when to slide- something important at this level as injuries are quite possible? Can he make those important pre-snap reads? All questions we'll find out the answer to, but answers that I know are surely a yes."

Expressing confidence in his quarterback, evidently, was key. In Banija's opening game of World Bowl XXXVI, they traveled to Ko-oren to take on Monsa, who are taking part in their first ever World Bowl. Monsa, of course, was overmatched- the Banijans were not going to let up on their opponents. The final score in this game was 40-0, and it was an absolute clinic on both sides of the football. They, of course, shut out Monsa, and forced Stafford into 3 interceptions. He, of course, ended up getting benched after the game for his own poor performance.

But the offense was clicking too. They had five scoring drives out of five first half drives- many of them thanks to isaka Jawara. Jawara had a 1st quarter touchdown pass to Margolin, a first quarter touchdown pass to Greenspan, and a touchdown pass in the second quarter to Cosse. Add in two field goals in the 2nd quarter, and they had a 27-0 lead at halftime. They slowed down, of course, in the second half, but the defense never did, ensuring that the Banijans would have a shutout victory in their first World Bowl game.

In their second game, it is another opponent that the Banijans will be favored against- an unranked Frenline Delpha, a former fierce regional sporting rival, a product before Banijan moved from United Valhaven to Atlantian Oceania. We're going to be looking for Isaka Jawara to take more big steps, to make more progress both in this offense and getting used to professional, before they play the big one on Matchday 3- facing down the World Bowl XXXIV champions, Taeshan.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Interlude and Introduction to Dereliction

Emmanuel Jones was in his apartment near Victory Square, when he heard the phone ring. Jones wasn't in his typical military uniform, as he was dressed in something more casual. Rather than something a general would wear, he was dressed in a white shirt and an open bottom light pink jacket with jeans. He put on his watch and went over to his cell phone, which was charging in his kitchen. Naturally, he answered it, where he received a call from a military officer, telling him about Keller's return to Main Nation Ministry. "She has just exited the plane, as we speak. Want me to send the car over?" "Go ahead, make sure you go easy on her. I been to Kuronami myself and the place seemed pleasant. But she may had some trouble fitting in."
"On it, sir." the officer hanged up, where Jones noticed the snapshot on his table next to his medal. Looking at the picture frame, he smiled a bit, remembering the trip to the carnival. That was when there was a knock on his door. Answering the door, he was surprised to see Xavier Sorrento standing at the doorway. "Xavier? Why are you here?"
"I'm here, because I realized you didn't answer that post-it note I left for."

Xavier Sorrento was what many in Main Nation Ministry would describe as "legally rich". He is the creator and producers of many reality shows that was often showed to the public, including the show DoubleThink. To describe DoubleThink, take a diverse cast of contestants and dump them in a house isolated from the rest of the world for several months and congratulations, you know the basis of DoubleThink. He wasn't afraid to come up with new ideas that can literally harm contestants, though the viewers in Main Nation Ministry enjoyed it. To show he was supportive of the Leader, he made several donations to the Ministry of Science and several other public programs.

Jones wasn't fond of Sorrento, however, since he believe he tended to focus on money and fame a bit too much. "I got your post-it note and the decision I made was final. I'm going to be an assistant coach this year." Jones said. "Jones. You're the general of Main Nation Ministry. You're like what? Late 20's? I'm mid-30's and hardly qualified to be the general." "That's because the public wants someone who isn't going to start a war for the sake of ratings. Everyone prefers to see you as the reality show guru." Jones said, where he tried to shut the door. "Actually, Jones. I'm running SportsLife and I'm planning on having full coverage of this year's World Bowl. No one wants to see their favorite coach who is now an assistant coach." Xavier said, having his foot at the door.
"It's just going to be once." Jones managed to get the door closed, making him let out a sigh of relief. "Well, someone thinks I'm doing dereliction for not being a main coach. I guess I ought to show the nation my best, anyways." Jones thought to himself.

The Familiar Stranger: Slice of Life

The car stopped in front of the Leader, as Keller let herself out. "Well, if it isn't dearest Harrington! You look a bit more softer, hadn't you?" The Leader was teasing Keller, though she immediately looked annoyed. "You're lucky that you didn't send me to somewhere to deliberately kill me. All of that just because I spilled some water on you?" Keller said, a bit aggressive as the Leader had her follow him, as they walked towards a concealed building with the location being deliberately unknown. "What do you want from me now?"
"Well, Keller. I figure that seeing how much you proved yourself to be worthy of being a perfect individual to serve their nation. I decided that I shall give you the duty of helping others in need."
"So, I'm a paramedic or something?"
"No, you imbecile. I'm putting you in special operations. It's just like the movies. You get a codename. You get a partner. You just your own gadgets and gizmos, unlike the crap you make in the shed behind your house."
"I'm a pro at making stuff, Leader."

"Well, look here. I'm just doing this, but I'm think you're best suited for being an agent. Now you don't want to complain, because everyone knows what happens to deserters, don't you." The Leader had a malicious grin on his face, where Keller took a bit of a glare at him. "Why are you doing this?" "Why? Because I feel like you deserve some pride for your nation. Seeing how you been out of the region for a couple of days. Ta-ta." The Leader said, letting some soldiers escort Keller into the building while he returned to the government building.

"You got the C4?"
"Yep, time to blow up this ship to give this crew a nice burial at sea."
"I like how you think, recruit. Ha ha.."

"Daddy, I made a little rocket ship! I'm good at a knife, so I know how to carve it well!"

"Did he get mauled by something?! Call a medic! We shouldn't have let him alone near the bushes! And take his badge, too!"

"You assigned her to the special operations?!" Jones said, horrified at the Leader in his office. "Why not? She'll survive." "How can you act so calm at this?! I know she's the daughter of a former general with crimes against humanity, but-"
"Unlicensed crimes against humanity, Jones."
"I can't believe you're so cold like this!"
"Say that one more time, Jones." The Leader said to Jones, where he pronounced it in a way that had Jones know he was saying treason. "I...It's a decision I guess was necessary." Jones gave up in defeat. "Now, it's best you head home for the evening. It's getting late, isn't it?" The Leader commanded Jones, as he waited for Jones to leave the office.

"Finally." The Leader sighed, where he went over to a bookcase in the room, where pulling a copy of "Legislation LXXXIV" on the bookshelf, the bookshelf acted as a secret passage, revealing a pod-like elevator. Entering the elevator, the Leader exited to enter his private penthouse that was made for the leader of Main Nation Ministry. Walking over to the kitchen and making himself a cup of noodles, he went over to his bedroom to watch some good old violence from one of the reality shows in the nation. "The daily grind." The Leader thought, as he changed into an uniform that were more like pajamas, but were designed to be simple casual wear. Lying on the bed with his cup of noodles, he simply rested up for tomorrow.

"I feel like I'm about to walk back into Hawthrone again.." a soldier said, getting an assault rifle ready, as he was about to enter the arch. After Danny discovered the walkway, he let loose his words to a patrolling unit nearby, where he alerted officials from the Ministry of Science and some scientists from the Northwest. A quarantine perimeter was set up, despite the lack of memetic hazards so far. How the walkway and portal appeared was unknown, but all that was known was that it could be dangerous. "Alright, the rifle cam is on. Commencing the expedition!" the soldier, taking a step into the arch. In a flash, he found himself hearing an alarm and feeling a wave of heat. A burst of flames shot past him, but it did no damage. The soldier saw what was in front of him. The place he was in looked like a dark hallway with some dim lights. A rusted alarm was near the ceiling, letting out an ear-piercing sound.

As the soldier started to walk through the hallway, he briefly stopped. He found himself in the woods for a moment, but he found himself back in the hallway. A visual hallucination. Keep pressing on. As the soldier headed deeply, the alarm started to fade away, giving him relief. In front of him looked like mist or some fog. Was he reaching another portal? He looked down on the ground to see he was now on some road. Why though? "Mission control. I think I need to turn back. I'm getting claustrophobic. I know it's silly, but it feels hot and I think there is a lack of air." the soldier radioed to mission control. "Operative, the oxygen should be working as we speak." "I know about the oxygen, but I feel like there is something in here that is controlling the air quality! It feels like being in the center of the earth."
"Operative, we gotten approval for you to head back. Our equipment is starting to fail." the mission control said, where the soldier started to fast walk the other way. He didn't want to be in here, much longer. He needed some actual air.

Arriving back at the portal, he arrived back in the forest in another flash. "Mission control, I'm out." the soldier said. He was lucky to still be alive. There is going to send another soldier in there to find out what was inside, but at least it was better than entering the Hawthrone portal. Then, the soldier felt a presence behind him. "Operative, there is an identified entity that has just emerged from the portal!" the mission control alerted the soldier, where he immediately around with his gun. "What.. What the?"
"Is this outside? I didn't realize the trees here would be lively." Out from the portal, a brunette woman stood in front of the portal. She seemed to look relatively unfazed at what was happening, though she seemed easy-doing to realize what was happening. Even with a man pointing a gun directly at her face, she didn't seem troubled. "Identify yourself!"
"Me? I'm just a tourist, silly. So, is this still the park reserve?"
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Ranorian Squad Suffers Embarrassing Defeat in Opener

Terry Grayson struggled, throwing an interception and just over a hundred yards on 19 passing attempts

Well, it was nice while it lasted. In this gridiron season, we had the Richardson Governors and the Cold Hill Buffalo in the playoffs. And then we have this. The Ranorian National Team, which has been generally horrible and an embarrassment to the country, even when Derek McNair came on for one season before starting only a few games and withdrawing after a minor injury, realizing that it wasn't worth jeopardizing his promising, young career for this team. What was at first thought as an exciting finish to the now much extended football season in Ranoria, with the collegiate and professional domestic teams playing around the same time, followed by the NSCF, and then the World Bowl, has been revealed as a painful way for football fans to remind themselves that it isn't always sunny. So,unfortunately, this is the only gridiron football Ranoria is going to get until the RFL season kicks off with an exciting matchup between two historically great teams in the Richardson Fenrirs and the Pittsburgh Ironmen. So, that said, let's get on with it, shall we?

While having such a top heavy, and generally cellar level, roster made sure that everyone's expectations were low for the much less exciting, and televised, Ranorian National Team, a 21-3 loss is still absolutely embarrassing. Despite young, up and comer coach Alex Reinhard's insistence that the offense would feature exciting passing concepts that most Ranorian teams didn't run professionally, QB Terry Grayson passed only 19 times, with four attempts in the first quarter and seven in the fourth. He finished the outing going a poor 10/19, managing just 101 yards and an interception on passing plays. To be fair, the offensive line play was horrific, allowing Grayson to be sacked five times and hit another four throughout the contest, but 101 yards on 19 attempts is just unacceptable production from the quarterback position.

Ranorian TE Johnny Farmer stands up after catching a 21 yard pass...the longest offensive play of the game for Ranoria

Meanwhile, with the passing game being utterly stagnant, Lisander's defense was able to shut down runner Henry Johnson, who carried the ball 28 times for 104 yards on the day. While he still churned out triple figures, it was below his standards and under four yards a carry. It didn't help that the receiving core was utterly incapable of getting open or hauling in a contested catch, as most of the offense's passing attack ran through 6'6" phenom Johnny Farmer, who reeled in six catches for seventy two yards on the day. Farmer was dominant in the NSCF, winning an Offensive Player of the Year award and a Most Outstanding Player Award in his final two seasons, making him undoubtedly one of the best players that competition has ever scene. He is a two time all pro in the RFL, but here, it will be difficult to match his production, with a wide receiver room that tallied three catches for twenty nine yards on the day. The only other reception came from fellow Richardson tight end Joey Giordano, with a five yard gain to show for it. Coach Reinhard will have to find a way to use Farmer to create opportunities for other players, as the dominant tight end can create them for himself.

Defensive End Justin Kearse leaving the field after the blowout loss

Defensively, the team played well, despite the offense's inability to sustain drives and pair of turnovers. (An interception thrown by Terry Grayson and a fumble by wide reciever Mario Terrin on his lone reception) Justin Kearse managed four tackles and a sack, while defensive tackle Kevin Gerhart proved to be a force with three tackles of his own, two for a loss. But despite only allowing 21 points when Lisander dominated time of possession by a startling 39:03 to 20:57 margin, this team can't win games if the offense can't do its share. We expected some bumps, as QB Terry Grayson has struggled before when running a modern playbook, but he will have to learn quickly if Ranoria is to gain any respect in this tournament.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

The Transmondian Commonwealth
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Transmondian Commonwealth » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:52 am

(OOC: text wall incoming! The length of this kind of got away from me because I had a lot of worldbuilding and we had a couple of days to write.)

Some people thought the Transmondians were demons, but those people had been outvoted. The otherworldly visitors had miraculous medicines that seemed to be able to cure any illness, and they brought gifts of clothes, books, and tools. In the end, practicality and curiosity won out over spiritual paranoia, and the Massachusetts that Gabriel Langley knew became a state of the Commonwealth. They called his world the Dark Countries, and they seemed to think it was terribly primitive. The way they talked about it reminded him of the way white people talked about the Indians.

Gabriel was 11 when the referendum took place -- old enough to know what was happening, but too young to vote. His parents had voted against it, but when the referendum passed and the apocalypse didn't come, they got on with their lives. Many things went on the same way they always had, but there were new things too. The Transmondians opened a school, a clothing store, and a hardware store in Kennebunk. They invited Gabriel to come to the school, and he was curious about it, but his parents had misgivings. They were still wary of the Transmondians.

One day a man from the school asked Gabriel if he'd like to join their football team, and Gabriel answered, "What's football?"

The man from the school explained that it was a game and described the basics of how it was played, but he said it would be easier to understand if Gabriel just gave it a try. Learn by doing. Since it was just a game and not anything to do with mysterious otherworldly science, Gabriel didn't think his parents would be too upset if he tried it. So he did. And he liked it. And he turned out to be good at it.

As the years went by, the school was expanded. The selection and quality of goods in the hardware store improved -- even though it had been exceptional right from the start. Motorized vehicles, hovercraft, and helicopters appeared from time to time, though most people still found them strange and frightening. Solar panels and electric lights were installed on some buildings. People who had been to Portland, Portsmouth, or Boston brought home unusual products that nobody had ever seen before. The football team got better equipment and they were able to put together different teams for different age groups. They started an annual tournament where they played teams from nearby towns -- Ogunquit, Wells, etc. They paid Gabriel to coach the younger teams, so that he wouldn't have to quit football when he grew up and needed to earn a living. By this time, he had become quite friendly with the men who led the league.

Gabriel was helping his parents in their shop one afternoon when he heard the soft hum of the mail car. He thought nothing of it. He practically never got any mail, but he knew there was a mail man who drove through town once a week delivering letters and packages from other cities or other worlds. The mail car looked like it was sculpted from some sort of mysterious jewel, and it glided over the streets floating about a foot off the ground, with no need for horses or wheels. The man who drove it was tall and blond, and he said he was from some place called Hovercraft Maine, which was known for such vehicles.

It was a surprise when the hovercraft stopped in front of the Langley family store, and Gabriel saw the mail man walking up to the door. "Good afternoon," he said.

"Good afternoon," said the mail man. "How are you?" He handed Gabriel a letter.

"I'm fine," Gabriel answered, "but I wasn't expecting mail. Can you tell me what it is?"

"It's a letter," said the mail man. "You'll have to open it if you want to know what it's about."

"Can you help me read it, though? I can't read."

"You can too read," said the mail man. "You just have to work at it a little."

That was true. Gabriel could read a little. He just didn't like to because it was a slow and laborious process. He tore open the letter, and held it out to the mail man. "Can you take a look at tell me what it's about? It will take me so long to read it myself."

"All right," the mail man said. He took the letter and skimmed it. "It's an invitation to play in a football tournament. It's in some place called Ko-Oren, and they'll pay all your expenses." He grinned. "You should do it. It'll be a good experience."

"Where's Ko-Oren?"

"I never heard of it before, but you should go. Broaden your horizons. It'll be fun. You must be into football to get an invitation like this. Go play some football."

"I do like football..." Gabriel said as he took the letter back.

There was a crack and a bright flash, and a van appeared out of nowhere in the middle of road. A woman who was out for a walk screamed and ran away yelling something about demons and a Transmondian invasion. The van was moving when it materialized, but it quickly came to a stop.

Gabriel Langley and his parents were impressed. Vehicles that could jump between worlds without a fixed portal were cutting-edge technology, not just a rarity in the Dark Countries, but truly cutting-edge even in the Home States or high-tech worlds. The Langleys had never seen one before. Gabriel came to the curb with his luggage. The men in the van climbed out to greet him and help him with his bags. They loaded the luggage, everyone exchanged introductions, Gabriel hugged his parents good-bye, and then he got in the van. It departed as abruptly as it had arrived, with the same crack and the same flash of light. And then they were driving down the grandest, busiest, most futuristic city street that Gabriel had ever seen in his life. Their sudden arrival had startled some locals, but Gabriel didn't notice because he was too busy gaping at the towering buildings, the beautifully paved street, and the number of cars. He'd never seen so many cars in one place. When he did notice the people, he mostly noticed how clean and sporty-looking their clothes were, and how much their faces and skin colors varied. There were a few familiar buildings mixed in among the strange skyscrapers, and Gabriel came to the startling realization that they were still in Kennebunk. "Welcome to the Black Countries," said the man sitting next to him. They drove through the city for a while -- and it was a city in this world, even if it had only been a small town in the Dark Countries -- and then they came to a paved ramp that went up onto a highway.

Gabriel had never seen a highway before, and he thought it was nothing short of terrifying as they accelerated and merged into traffic. "Where are we going?" he asked nervously.

"We're taking you down to Winchester for training camp," said the man sitting next to him. "Didn't you read the information packet?"

"I looked at it, but I'm not very good at reading. When you say we're going to Winchester...?"

"We're going to Winchester, Massachusetts, here in the Black Countries. You'll meet the rest of the team, train together for a couple weeks, and then you go to Ko-Oren."

The ride to Winchester was nerve-wracking, and training camp was a bewildering experience filled with unfamiliar faces, strange accents, bizarre foods, and modern devices that Gabriel didn't know how to use. Some of his teammates were equally confused.

The Black Countries were called that because there was an unusually large and influential population of black people in North America. The American South had broken away into a separate country called the Confederate States of America, which was then taken over by a slave uprising with Yankee backing, and became one of New England's trading partners. Gabriel found this strange and confusing, and he had to fight the urge to stare when he encountered black people. Some of his teammates, particularly those from the Slave States, found it offensive. They went on racist tirades that left Gabriel wondering what they were so angry about. When the coaches heard it, they admonished them not to say such things when they were traveling abroad because it would damage the Commonwealth's reputation. Gabriel thought this was reasonable travel advice, but the players from the Slave States were up in arms about it, saying their freedom of speech was being trampled. The Slave States were one of the few places that the Commonwealth had occupied against the wishes of the local people, and they were widely reputed to be the most socially unpleasant world in the Commonwealth, even if others were poorer or more primitive.

The Liberated Reich had also been conquered by force, but many people there had welcomed the Transmondians as liberators. Herman Jones, a talented young quarterback from Liberated Vermont, said that all his neighbors had been eager to tear down the swastikas and eagles and replace them with the national symbols of New England. He remembered people dancing in the streets on the day Montpelier was liberated, waving pine tree flags, or pine boughs if they didn't have a flag, and burning piles of Nazi regalia. The bill that changed the name of the place from "the Hitler States" to "the Liberated Reich" passed easily. There were still some pro-Nazi people that resented the liberation, but, like the people in the Dark Countries who thought the Transmondians were demons, they got outvoted.

Carl Blanchard Reich was one of the pro-Nazi people, and Jones thought he was a jerk. The other Carl Blanchard, from the Coal States, also thought his doppelganger's Nazism was obnoxious. It was strange to watch the Blanchards argue. They looked like identical twins, but they had completely different accents and mannerisms and they both were utterly disgusted with each other. The coaches urged them to put their differences aside, and when they were playing football, they did; but off the field, it was still obvious that the Blanchards didn't like each other.

In spite of everyone's differences, the football field was a place they could find common ground. They all liked the game and they all wanted the team to do well at the World Bowl. The rules of the game were mostly the same from one world to the next -- at least for the worlds they were from -- and the practice drills were familiar to everyone.

The time in training camp seemed to fly by. The players had not yet gotten over the culture shock of coming to the Black States, and already it was time to leave for Ko-Oren. The coaches reminded them one last time not to be racist assholes and handed out packets of travel advice. Gabriel Langley looked at the packet despondently. All the letters seemed to blur together on the page. He leafed through it to see how long it was and concluded that it was more than he could read. He would just have to be polite and hope for the best. Being a big handsome guy and being polite was usually enough to make people like him.

The Surbourneshire Square Stadium was an impressive structure. Most of the Yankee players had never seen anything like it, and even the men that had seen large stadia before were not accustomed to playing in a venue of this size. The team from Velestria was intimidating too. They had the look of seasoned professionals; and the Yankees, who had only been playing together for a short time, were not confident they could match that level of professionalism.

Tyng tried to convince them that they could win anyway, and he sounded like he was serious about it. He was from a world of incredible wealth and technological wonders where there were cities on the moon and motorized vehicles had been around since the 15th century -- people who knew what genetic engineering was might have been surprised that he wasn't genetically engineered, coming from such a high-tech world -- and yet he still cared about this team of backworld hicks, still saw potential in them. When he told them, "You can do this!" he put real feeling into it.

They went charging onto the field eager to prove him right, and to make other people believe in them like he did. The offense was surprisingly effective. An early touchdown by George Leroy set the tone for the game. He celebrated by pumping his arms in the air, high-fiving teammates, and spouting nationalist slogans with a vaguely socialist ring. The players like Langley who came from worlds that had never heard of Karl Marx did not entirely understand what the slogans were about, but they understood the score, and they understood the people standing and cheering in the stands -- or groaning if they had been rooting for the Velestrians.

The crowd didn't seem to have a strong preference for one team or the other. Some fans were decked out in New England's red, white, and green while others were proudly displaying Velestria's team colors, and a lot of locals had come to the game in ordinary street clothes or Greencaster Godspeed jerseys. This wasn't Wilderness Stadium, the 100,000 seat monstrosity with portals to all the major worlds that was the pride and joy of the Yankee sports world. But they weren't playing in Velestria either.

Jones was impressively accurate with his throws, making life easier for the guys catching his passes. Josh Merrimack still managed to ruin one offensive drive with a boneheaded fumble, but that was just a minor hiccup in what was otherwise an offensive romp. Langley had his time to shine when, with the score tied at 17-17, he slipped out of the Velestrian defenders' reach and ran the ball down to the endzone to put New England back on top. They remained on top for the rest of the game, and the Velestrian fans had plenty to groan about in the 2nd half as New England widened their lead.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:41 am

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ABANHFLEFT
National American football team

Abanhfleft returns to the World Bowl after getting beaten by Newmanistan in the competition's 34rd edition for another shot at lifting that elusive trophy. The team went through a lot of challenges before finally lifting that coveted trophy, up to and including losing team members and staff in the crash of Air Abanhfleft Flight 5116 as well as being once swept aside by The United States of Saints, an unranked team at the time of that particular competition but is now nowhere to be found once again. Consistency is the key, they say, and Abanhfleft has been a little bit consistent these past few competitions; consistently losing, that is. The warriors of Abanhfleft will hope to buck that trend and regain both the crown and top spot this time.

BASIC INFORMATION
Name of nation
: Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Demonym: Fleftic
Official history: This will be Abanhfleft's eighth time playing the World Bowl after the disaster that was the crash of Air Abanhfleft Flight 5116 in Electrum. This is Abanhfleft's eleventh time participating in the World Bowl overall.
Team colors: Blue, orange, and green
Style modifier: +2. Abanhfleft has adopted a new, more conservative attacking style of play under new coach Marius Magnussen.

HOME STADIUM
The Amado Isauro-Imponte Garden in Kammala, Garufaloe Province, home of the Garufaloe Cobras of the FNLAF, will be playing host to the Fleftic national gridiron team's home matches. It has an official capacity of 51,000 people, but attendance regularly exceeds that figure thanks to a rabid fanbase, and people preferring to stand up or sit on the stairs whenever capacity is filled.

OFFENSE - BACKS AND RECEIVERS
Key
: (Shirt number, height, weight in pounds, age, starter or not)

Quarterback - Harrison Aumann (#7, 6'2", 205, 30, Starter)
Quarterback - Chadwick Ramirez (#29, 5'11", 200, 29)
Quarterback - Danny Villavicencio (#24, 6'3", 190, 28)
Fullback - Von Colone (#2, 6'0, 212, 31, Starter)
Fullback - Sylvester Slattery (#12, 5'8", 170, 34)
Tailback - Dimitri Faure (#18, 5'5", 179, 34, Starter)
Tailback - Virgilio Evans (#75, 5'9", 189, 26)
Wide Receiver - Jeremy Lacazette (#51, 6'1", 209, 28, Starter)
Wide Receiver - Saddam Hussain (#4, 6'0, 230, 31, Starter)
Wide Receiver - Denis Nguyen (#5, 5'7", 175, 28)
Wide Receiver - Jefferey Rencher (#9, 5'11, 199, 28)
Tight End - Oren Makkabi (#47, 5'10", 188, 33, Starter)
Tight End - Arnold Wood (#44, 5'11", 203, 32)
Tight End - Lewis Hilton (#5, 6'0", 227, 33)

OFFENSE - LINEMEN
Center - Francisco Dalangin (#89, 5'6", 165, 35, Starter)
Center - Reynaldo Merlino (#97, 5'8", 240, 32)
Center - Dillon Mancha (#14, 6'3, 223, 27)
Offensive Guard - Chuck Naylor (#76, 5'9", 209, 36, Starter)
Offensive Guard - Hoyt Baumgardner (#85, 6'6", 229, 30, Starter)
Offensive Guard - Kent Hertz (#25, 6'1", 234, 32)
Offensive Guard - Dexter Bayliss (#34, 6'3", 225, 29)
Offensive Tackle - Rudolph Gomez (#24, 5'9, 210, 33, Starter)
Offensive Tackle - Otto Roseborough (#96, 6'2", 222, 33, Starter)
Offensive Tackle - Emil Cleland (#41, 5'9", 192, 26)
Offensive Tackle - Sheldon Lybrand (#56, 5'7", 218, 31)

DEFENSE - BACKS AND LINEBACKERS
Middle Linebacker - Eduardo Knuckles (#4, 5'9", 225, 31, Starter)
Middle Linebacker - Sydney Granato (#68, 6'2", 240, 31)
Outside Linebacker - Yaropolk Feofiliyev (#4, 6'4", 255, 36, Starter)
Outside Linebacker - Ali Abdullah Latif (#8, 5'11", 214, 36, Starter)
Outside Linebacker - Damien Tocci (#13, 5'6", 177, 26)
Outside Linebacker - Grant Teller (#8, 6'4". 243, 29)
Cornerback - Minh Duong (#86, 5'7", 201, 29, Starter)
Cornerback - Talib Wahhad (#15, 6'3", 222, 33, Starter)
Cornerback - Lon Penaloza (#51, 5'11", 201, 27)
Cornerback - Rene Thomas (#25, 5'11", 210, 30)
Safety - Marcelo Chia (#32, 5'9", 18, 30, Starter)
Safety - Kris O'Hagan (#17, 6'1", 242, 27, Starter)
Safety - Andre Alexander (#65, 5'9", 207, 32)
Safety - Anselmo Bagauisan (#81, 5'5", 170, 26)

DEFENSE - LINEMEN
Defensive Tackle - Farrell Watley (#57, 5'7", 217, 34, Starter)
Defensive Tackle - Ray Verrier (#20, 5'8", 200, 32, Starter)
Defensive Tackle - Cyrus Farrell (#27, 5'11", 210, 30)
Defensive Tackle - Aurelio Oropeza (#9, 6'0", 206, 29)
Defensive End - Edmundo Smead (#18, 5'9, 198, 27, Starter)
Defensive End - Vaughn Welker (#26, 5'7", 208, 29, Starter)
Defensive End - Domenic Rickerson (#99, 5'7", 198, 28)
Defensive End - Morgan Winn (#6, 5'7", 175, 29)

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker - Cleveland Hyneman (#36, 5'10", 156, 31, Kickoff specialist)
Holder - Harrison Aumann
Punter - Uziel Ehud (#65, 5'8", 175, 35)
Returner - Talib Wahhad

RP Permissions
Anything except killing is fair game.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Trans-Dniesters
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trans-Dniesters » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:46 am

THE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED SOCIALIST STATES OF PRIDNESTROVIA
NATIONAL GRIDIRON FOOTBALL TEAM

Gridiron football, or as the morally corrupt Westerners call it, American football, has little to no interest at all in the United Socialist States, at least before the Pridnestrovian Republic decided to try its hand in the game. The properly European sports of association football (or in Pridnestrovia, real football) and rugby union are by far and large the most popular sports in the United Socialist States (along with the ironically very American sport of basketball, but that's another story for another time), but by no means does that mean that President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko is not going to take advantage of an opportunity to win an international trophy for Pridnestrovia when the President Field Marshal learned that there will be a new World Bowl about to occur in the nation of Newmanistan, who has managed to defeat both Pridnestrovia and Abanhfleft on their way to losing the 34th World Bowl against Taeshan. President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko presents the Pridnestrovian national gridiron football team, and a new and glorious gridiron league is now up and running in Pridnestrovia! Truly, gridiron football has done wonders and marvels for the Pridnestrovian Republic!

BASIC INFORMATION
Name of nation: The Democratic People's Republic of the United Socialist States of Pridnestrovia
Demonym: Pridnestrovian
Team colors: Green and red
Style modifier: +5 (President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko wants the team to utilize the attack-hardest doctrine that he has developed in his spare time while ruling glorious Pridnestrovia)
Head coach: Emil Matarescu-Blavatsky (64 y/o, Pridnestrovia)
Assistant coach: Robert Bimbach (61 y/o, Pridnestrovia)
Offensive coach: Tom Fadlac (47 y/o, Abanhfleft)
Defensive coach: Chris Yonkers (59 y/o, Abanhfleft)

STARTERS
OFFENSE

Quaterback: Stan Serban (#23, 6'4", 236, 31)
Fullback: Denis Sokolov (#2, 6'1", 229, 34)
Tailback: Nazariy Zelenko (#25, 5'8", 208, 33)
Wide Receiver: Valentyn Sevyk (#4, 5'11", 212, 28)
Wide Receiver: Vyacheslav Kozel (#5, 6'0", 217, 31)
Tight End: Guntram Rosenfeld (#6, 6'4", 222, 32)
Center: Dinu Iliescu (#7, 6'1", 200, 33)
Offensive Guard: Kajetan Paszek (#8, 5'9", 200, 32)
Offensive Guard: Pavel Widmer (#30, 6'0", 235, 25)
Offensive Tackle: Karsten Wedekind (#10, 6'0", 214, 29)
Offensive Tackle: Edvin Orban (#33, 6'3", 230, 31)

DEFENSE
Middle Linebacker: Valeri Fyodorov (#34, 6'4", 263, 27)
Outside Linebacker: Yuri Yakovlev (#13, 6'4", 230, 29)
Outside Linebacker: Nikita Fyodorov (#14, 6'2", 224, 31)
Cornerback: Miron Kedzierski (#15, 6'3", 215, 32)
Cornerback: Anatoli Sevyk (#16, 6'1", 202, 33)
Safety: Cezary Gomulka (#17, 5'10", 203, 31)
Safety: Jaropelk Stolarz (#18. 5'9", 223, 28)
Defensive Tackle: Eyüp Karga (#19, 6'2", 211, 31)
Defensive Tackle: Hieronymus Saller (#20, 6'4", 240, 30)
Defensive End: Wolf Wetterman (#21, 5'8", 199, 31)
Defensive End: Serhan Küçük (#22, 5'10", 200, 32)

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker: Wislaw Sokoloff (#94, 5'7", 192, 28)
Holder: Hieronymus Saller
Punter: Petar Stefanovich (#99, 5'8", 195, 31)
Returner: Iosef Petrov

RESERVES
OFFENSE

Quarterback: Yefrem Yakovlev (#1, 6'3", 245, 34)
Fullback: Rolan Bogomolov (#24, 5'9", 227, 31)
Tailback: Fedor Vladimirov (#70, 6'2", 249, 25)
Wide Receiver: Cemil Aslan (#26, 5'10", 202, 32)
Wide Receiver: Gerald Svango (#27, 5'9", 211, 28)
Tight End: Karekin Davidyan (#28, 6'0", 224, 29)
Center: Miron Kozlov (#29, 5'7", 202, 31)
Offensive Guard: Ruslan Karageorgiyev (#95, 6'4", 309, 27)
Offensive Guard: Wlodzimierz Jedynak (#31, 6'2", 252, 28)
Offensive Tackle: Agoston Jo (#32, 5'9", 194, 30)
Offensive Tackle: Demetrius Schöpf (#79, 6'2", 303, 23)

DEFENSE
Middle Linebacker: Attila Marely (#71, 6'5", 339, 24)
Outside Linebacker: Todor Bazenkov (#91, 5'9", 301, 23)
Outside Linebacker: Tunç Demir (#36, 5'11", 230, 28)
Cornerback: Iordan Krastev (#37, 5'11", 222, 31)
Cornerback: Oleksiy Budny (#38, 6'0", 231, 29)
Safety: Pylyp Stasiuk (#39, 6'4", 260, 28)
Safety: Petko Stanev (#40, 6'1", 224, 29)
Defensive Tackle: Roman Alkaev (#41, 5'9", 229, 30)
Defensive Tackle: Filip Mihajlovic (#42, 5'8", 204, 31)
Defensive End: Lazar Romanov (#43, 5'7", 201, 30)
Defensive End: Kornel Bures (#44, 6'1", 220, 33)

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker: Emil Viktorov (#45, 5'8", 175, 30)
Holder: Pylyp Stasiuk
Punter: Gergely Faragó (#90, 5'9", 177, 27)
Returner: Nazariy Zelenko

RP PERMISSIONS
Anything except killing my players, staff and President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko is okay.
The Democratic People's Republic of the United Socialist States of Pridnestrovia
Leader: President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko

Abanhfleft's post-Soviet dictatorship
Rushmore's a good place, да.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Sporting World

World Bowl XXXVI: Free Republics win first game with Katakin Maier as head coach 47-3
by: Debra LaFleur

The new Free Republics National Football Team made a great first impression in their lopsided 47 to 3 victory over Seraxinbourgh. Coming off of a surprising NEFL championship with the Gontamo Night Owls, Katakin Maier was named the national team coach, reportedly at the request of junior consul Scarlett Nicholls. Maier immediately brought her coaching staff from the Night Owls along with her and a star studded roster of NEFL all stars, carefully selected for their suitability to a Gontamo-style system.

While many NEFL teams are currently scrambling to install the Gontamo offensive and defensive schemes, there is no quarterback who knows this system better than the incomparable Dania Sandberg. Dania was a record-breaking high school quarterback in Nessex, where all high school sports are fully integrated and open to all regardless of gender, who was the #1 ranked women's college football recruit before she decided to go straight to the pros after receiving an offer from coach Maier to join the Night Owls. In her first season of professional football, she was named the MVP after leading the NEFL in rushing yards, rushing touchdowns and quarterback rating.

After winning the opening coin toss at Dixon Light Stadium in Petrograd, the Free Republics elected to receive. Edward King's kickoff went for a touchback. Seraxinbourgh came onto the field with only a single defensive lineman, apparently confusing the Flexbone with a spread formation. Sandberg wasted no time in handing the ball off to fullback Makharbi Barsukov, who charged up the middle for an easy 27 yard gain on the opening play. After the Republican offensive line easily took the opposing defensive lineman and linebackers out of the play, the fullback was into the secondary, where it took 3 defensive backs to bring him down. Seraxinbourgh's coach immediately realized his mistake and brought a defensive line onto the field for the next play and all subsequent plays. While the 253-pound starting fullback for the Free Republics would not pull off any more runs like that one over the remainder of the game, the Republicans would continue to find success on the ground all game long.

The Republicans had gone into the game with the idea that they were going to run the option until Seraxinbourgh's defense proved that they could stop it. Since Seraxinbourgh's defense never proved that they could stop the run, Sandberg did not throw a single pass all game long. The opening drive would culminate after 6 minutes with Sandberg keeping it herself and running into the end zone from 13 yards out for a touchdown.

On their opening drive, Seraxinbourgh needed to prove that they could hang with the Free Republics. Instead, Pasi Pappila charged into the backfield on their first play of the game, strip-sacked Johnny Davies and fell on the ball. This set up a Park Han touchdown that put the Republicans up 14-0. Davies would find some success on his second drive, completing a couple long passes to Barry Brown that took his team into field goal range but then he would force a bad throw to Brown in the end zone and would be picked off by Tranquillo Romani. Romani would take a knee in the end zone for a touchback and the Republicans would drive downfield but a holding penalty would stall their drive deep in the Seraxinbourgh side of the field, setting up a Takehiko Susui field goal.

As the first quarter came to a close, the rout was already on and the crowd at Dixon Light Stadium was full of loud, rowdy fans who had probably had too much Dixon Light. By the time this one was over, Dania Sandberg, Makharbi Barsukov, Park Han and Jonas Hetland had all run for touchdowns for the Republicans and Susui had 4 field goals. The defense had secured 7 turnovers on the day, including a Hanna Ostrowska interception return for a touchdown. Seraxinbourgh would score a garbage time field goal after the Republican starters had all left the game but by then the outcome of the game had not been in any doubt for a couple hours.

Next up for the Republicans is a home game against Newmanistan at Gem of the Oceans Stadium in Republica. This will be the last international sports contest held at the Gem of the Oceans Stadium before the Summer Olympics and will be a much more difficult test for a new-look Republican team that comes into this World Bowl expecting to bring the World Bowl title back to football's homeland (OOC: The Free Republics ICly claim to have invented gridiron but their claim is not widely accepted outside of the Free Republics) for the first time ever.

Debra LaFleur is Sporting World's new international football correspondent. Debra recently graduated from the University of Nejax where she majored in journalism and was a backup quarterback for the Lady Horns women's college football team. While she was expected to start for the Lady Horns last year, she was injured in the first quarter of the season opener and lost her job to true freshman Paige May, who went on to win the Sporting World MVP award for women's college football.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:16 pm

World Bowl 36/XXXVI @ Ko-oren
MD2 Scores

Group A
Kytler Peninsula 26–14 Xanneria
Skundi 0–20 Equestrian States
Ko-oren 20–20 Main Nation Ministry (38–33 OT)

Group A                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Equestrian States 2 2 0 42 10 +32
2 Ko-oren 2 2 0 47 33 +14
3 Kytler Peninsula 2 1 1 26 23 +3
4 Main Nation Ministry 2 1 1 52 54 −2
5 Skundi 2 0 2 16 39 −23
6 Xanneria 2 0 2 24 48 −24

Group B
Castleon 17–9 Saint Dennis
North Quadana 0–19 Northwest Kalactin
Velstrania 16–19 Cosumar

Group B                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Cosumar 2 2 0 49 16 +33
2 Velstrania 2 1 1 57 29 +28
3 Castleon 2 1 1 27 50 −23
4 Saint Dennis 2 1 1 16 20 −4
5 Northwest Kalactin 2 1 1 22 7 +15
6 North Quadana 2 0 2 0 49 −49

Group C
Micronistan 0–10 Ranoria
Krytenia 0–13 Lisander
Drawkland 30–10 Abanhfleft

Group C                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Drawkland 2 2 0 47 10 +37
2 Lisander 2 2 0 34 3 +31
3 Abanhfleft 2 1 1 43 30 +13
4 Ranoria 2 1 1 13 21 −8
5 Micronistan 2 0 2 0 27 −27
6 Krytenia 2 0 2 0 46 −46

Group D
A Rosa 10–31 New England
Monarch Republic 6–6 Velestria (12–9 OT)
Allamunnic States 13–3 Alpine Union

Group D                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 New England 2 2 0 79 33 +46
2 Allamunnic States 2 2 0 53 13 +40
3 Alpine Union 2 1 1 6 13 −7
4 Monarch Republic 2 1 1 12 12 0
5 Velestria 2 0 2 32 60 −28
6 A Rosa 2 0 2 20 71 −51

Group E
Bendicion 10–43 Holy Marsh
Pambudia 7–10 South Covello
Trans-Dniesters 40–17 Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Group E                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 South Covello 2 2 0 50 10 +40
2 Trans-Dniesters 2 2 0 75 44 +31
3 Holy Marsh 2 1 1 46 50 −4
4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 1 1 41 46 −5
5 Pambudia 2 0 2 13 34 −21
6 Bendicion 2 0 2 37 78 −41

Group F
One Jamaica 10–17 Monsa
Frenline Delpha 14–41 Banija
Taeshan 9–10 Vangaziland

Group F                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Banija 2 2 0 81 14 +67
2 Vangaziland 2 2 0 43 15 +28
3 Taeshan 2 1 1 29 10 +19
4 Monsa 2 1 1 17 50 −33
5 One Jamaica 2 0 2 10 37 −27
6 Frenline Delpha 2 0 2 20 74 −54

Group G
Seraxinbourgh 3–10 The Greater Nordics
Qingland 10–27 Jebslund
Free Republics 51–20 Newmanistan

Group G                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Free Republics 2 2 0 98 23 +75
2 The Greater Nordics 2 2 0 30 16 +14
3 Jebslund 2 1 1 40 30 +10
4 Newmanistan 2 1 1 38 54 −16
5 Qingland 2 0 2 13 45 −32
6 Seraxinbourgh 2 0 2 6 57 −51
Last edited by Ko-oren on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Parts of the bid that didn't make it: Stadiums
The Ko-orenite Gridiron Association went through heaps and heaps of bid proposals before finally settling on the one they submitted to the World Bowl committee. In the final bid, there are 10 host stadiums for 7 groups: there are three pairs of stadiums that host a single group, because those stadiums are close together. Group A uses two stadiums in Schemerdrecht, Group G uses two stadiums in Mayara, and Group C uses two stadiums that are close together, in Eaglebury and Llandy (Mawryshire).

In the penultimate version, there were only 7 stadiums, one for each group, but it would prioritise either the Admirals or the 65ers in Schemerdrecht, and the same went for the Mayara teams (Wolves and Destroyers). As in, one stadium's field would be ploughed up by ceaseless play for weeks on end, and the other stadium's field would be all good to go - which means both teams would likely have some different conditions to start their season with.

In the version before that, all 12 stadiums used by the 12 teams in the professional Gridiron League would be used, but that meant that some groups would have to travel between remote cities, especially in the northeast, and that some groups would play in some pretty small venues. Nothing wrong with that, it would've brought some exciting stuff to a place like Launott. Actually, that's one of only two stadiums passed up by the final bid. The second stadium is the home of the Sterrenwolde Dragonflies, but that city is so close to Schemerdrecht that it was a bit pointless to give Sterrenwolde its own group.

But those are just tiny changes compared to a monster first draft for the bid.

The KGL, the Ko-orenite Gridiron League, has 12 teams, all with their own stadium. However, all 12 teams are forced to play one single regular season game away from home. These 12 'home away from home' venues are always the same set, with the Mawryshire Centaurs always playing in Penstead, the Mayara Wolves always playing in Maethoru, etcetera. And all of those 12 'rural' venues were worked into an early version of the bid. Seven groups, divided across three to four different venues, ranging from the 54.000 seating Orange Bowl to Woomera Ground in the town of Tarrashall seating 7500, depending on how close people sit together... on the hills, in absence of even bleachers on three of the four sides of the ground. It's picturesque, definitely, but is it worthy of staging a battle between, say, the Allamunnic States and the Alpine Union?

Notes from Operations from MD1 and 2
Our nation, even though it's participated a lot, and domestic sports are very well planned and conducted, is pretty new to hosting international tournaments. Tourism has always been a big industry for us, but sticking thousands of foreign fans into just a few cities is a challenge regardless.

It's a good thing that Llandy and Eaglebury share hosting duties for Group C, for instance, as the sheer number of visitors would have filled up every single hotel and AO-BnB (Atlantian Oceanian Beds and Breakfasts) in either one of those cities.

Maybe we should have reconsidered Group B, however. Aevanna isn't the largest city and it's also not in the most touristic of areas - and every single room is booked. Not just Aevanna, but also nearby Altiora and Egevea. Thank god those two towns are close by otherwise we would've needed to create some festival-style tent village around the outskirts of Aevanna. Which is a place that can get pretty nasty-cold around this time of year. It's a good thing that so far, Group B's fans haven't shown up in the same numbers as some of the other groups...

It has provided a few problems: referees are staying with players of the Aerellen Explosions, because there weren't enough rooms available. Another option would be to fly them into Aevanna just before every single game, but that's just a bit of a foolish solution and not very Ko-orenite (environmentally unfriendly).

In the other 6 groups, things have gone quite a bit better. It was a great call putting Group D in Greencaster: as it turns out, that's the most popular group and Greencaster is probably the only city that can comfortably allow so many visitors to stay. Group G's numerous fans are staying in the large number of large and small towns around Mayara, so that's no big deal either.

No electricity issues either, and the floodlights kicked in as expected. Not that we expected anything odd, but you'll always see that those things work perfectly 340 out of 365 days, and then fail on the remaining 25 days where you need them most.

Fans in various places are also a bit ticked off about the lack of alcoholic options in bars, but hey, it's not our fault they didn't check our alcohol policies beforehand.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:02 pm

HC Tyler Delaney was pleased with his team's performance on their debut in this incarnation, the first game of any Kytlerian team in fact since the Kytlerian Isolation - holding the hosts Ko-oren to single figures in a 9-0 loss.

"We knew that our goal was to just hang in there, shorten the game, see if we could snatch a scoring drive or two and restrict them - we certainly got the restriction part right, they just stepped up when they needed to and they got enough," he told reporters after that game. "But this was never the game we had to win to meet our objectives, just a bonus we hoped we could find. We have plenty of other opportunities to win that we can be judged by, more winnable games than this."

The first of those came against Xanneria, an offensive-minded team who can put up points in bunches with a well-balanced attack led by QB Vic Reese, but had defensive question marks. They have a far bigger player pool than the Kytlerians could ever dream of - gridiron is a higher-priority sport here, and the country is far more populous - but their aggressive ethos (one their soccer team also seems to share) can burn them once in a while. The first of those came on the second play from scrimmage in the game, a second-and-4 after a useful kickoff return to the 32 from Lucky Lyman and then Reese picking up six on a first-down slant to Vyshawn Johnson.

Head coach Myron Bluff tried a bluff, lining up in a tight I-formation with 22 personnel only to dial up a play-action vertical strike out of it. Presumably this play got scripted as a potential touchdown against a defense that faces a ton of rushing looks in practice against the Kytlerian wishbone offense. And indeed it produced a touchdown. The Kytlerians dropped into a shell with eight men in zone coverage, and Reese forced a downfield strike to Shaun Gomez despite the attention of two Kytlerian DBs. Top corner Adam Douglas jumped in for the pick at the Kytlerian 36 and had nothing but green grass ahead for 64 yards and the first scoring play in the new era of Kytlerian international sport.

Xanneria would strike back quickly, to be fair, with an impressive nine-play, 84-yard drive following a holding penalty on the kickoff return. Gomez capped it off with the 16-yard score score on a skinny post route that burned safety Jack Marshall, and it was 7-7 after less than seven minutes of play, and before the Kytlerians had touched the ball on offense.

The game would slow down considerably when that happened, as the Kytlerians milked the play clock and called run after run. The drive would stall out with a field goal after Peter Hoogenboom - one of the two "SBs" in the Kytlerian offense, a term deliberately coined to stand for a multitude of different things - fumbled on third down near the line-to-gain only for right tackle Thomas Murphy to fall on it, but that drive took up the rest of the quarter and then some, and the vanilla 4-3 defense of the Maroons seemed to struggle. QB Turpres Izorigor was 0-for-0 on the drive, though he did throw a play-action pass that fell incomplete but drew a defensive holding call on Van Vander Blue holding off the sizable receiver Alex Benschop, a TE-type body operating out wide.

When the Maroons went three-and-out on their next offensive possession, the weary defense was ripe for the picking, and seven straight run plays finally led to a big one, José Sepulveda breaking two tired tackles with his physicality to go 32 yards for the score. 17-7 would remain the score at the halftime interval, and the Kytlerians would add another three points to the margin on an eight-minute opening drive of the second half.

Xanneria needed a touchdown to stay in touch, and they got one, Reese again attacking the safeties for the score as Brian Hakk found the soft spot up the seam in the Kytlerian zone coverage; the 29-yard strike capped off an eight-play, 74-yard drive that left them only 20-14 down at the end of the third quarter. That would be as good as it got for the Maroons, though, as the Kytlerians produced another methodical, clock-chewing, run-heavy drive that ended with a field goal. By the end of that drive, only 6:34 remained on the clock, even though there had been just three drives in the entire half, and when the next drive was shorter, it was because Lyman muffed the kickoff and backup linebacker Martijn de Bruijne snaffled it at the bottom of the resultant pile. Nothing but a second field goal came of that, but the Xannerian resistance effectively ended there, the Maroons left red-faced and feeling blue with the 26-14 final score.

"I think our defense matched up well with their offense for the most part," a delighted Delaney said after the game. "They got a couple of plays against the zone where the safeties didn't have the range to handle the assignments and they found the gap in between, but apart from those two touchdowns I thought Peter (Watkins) and Murphy (Whyte) did a great job keeping a lid on the seam and the underneath routes that they run a lot of. They were our best players for sure, and I was delighted that one of the backup linebackers made a play on special teams. All of our inside linebackers need to be able to be plugged in to that coverage role, and that takes awareness, it takes instincts, and those instincts also make them good on special teams as we saw right there."

Izorigor only completed three passes all game - though he also added 53 yards from seven carries himself, and was one of four Kytlerians to rush for over 50 yards - and told reporters that he wished he had more opportunities to throw. "I think it was more of a running game for us today because partly we wanted to show we could get points doing what we do best, what we're all about, but also their defense isn't one to sell out to stop the run - they play a more wide-open style in Xanneria generally, the scouting report made that clear, and so the game plan from our perspective was always to hit the running lanes until they proved they could close them, and they never once proved they could close them. I've no doubt that other teams are going to do that better, and I want to show everyone that if they sell out to stop the run I can make them regret that."

Next up, the top-ranked team in this comparatively soft group, Main Nation Ministry. (Ko-oren were given a top seed as hosts, despite being ranked slightly below Main Nation Ministry in the latest world rankings.) The proudly militaristic nation have an aggressive ethos on both sides of the ball, and Delaney has said that turnovers are his big concern. "They throw themselves in on defense in particular - our scouts told us they actually refer to the linebackers as "line-breakers," which I think says everything you need to know about what their mentality is, you'd expect - a country like that, to play like that on the field I think. They don't just have a defense that stops scoring, they want to score themselves on every play, and so I think our first responsibility is to not give them those chances and the second is to take advantage and use their aggression against them with the misdirection and option plays we have, the play-action pass if they stack the box, but protecting the ball is paramount against this team."
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Keller Harrington was brought in a training area outside of the special operations headquarters, where she was bought to an empty wooden building about 3 stories tall. "Welcome, recruit. To actual hell. How's your first day as an agent so far?" a drill sergeant said, as she escorted her to the building. "You do realize I didn't volunteer here by myself, right?" Keller said, where the drill sergeant simply smiled. "That's the enthusiasm I like to hear!" the drill sergeant replied, as she took her to a small table where several weapons and gadgets were lined up for the taking. "Agent. This here will be your training. You are to follow my instructions, otherwise you would most likely be critically injured to the point of being put out of your mercy. Do you understand?"
"Yes. Charming."
"Alright, you will be holed up in that building, where I will train some men to open fire at you with paintballs that will come in the speed of an average bullet. These grenades here are actually paint bombs made to resemble white phosphorus grenades. Both you and some of my men will have these. The weapons you will be given are these. You will have a paintball gun shaped as a MP9 with a martyrdom function. This is to eliminate scavengers, but you can remote activate the self-destruct and use it as an advantage. The scope here has been switched with a radar that will detect my men, so you have a head start. The other weapon you will have is this paintbrush, but prevent that this is a combat knife. Just stab someone with the brush, not the pointy end, and they are down."

"And what do your men have?"
"My men? You will be fearing off against 4 of my men. They will be equipped with not paintballs, but plastic bullets. They will have MK46's with plastic ammunition. They also have the gun attachments of "flashers". Imagine a reusable flash bang that comes in a form of something that looks like a flashlight. The rules are simple. If you get injured to the point of being unable to play, you're out. You incapacitate my men with whatever necessary, your training will get you qualified."
"Well, I guess I'm ready."
"Not so fast. Usually we give our agents a codename. You know the kinds. Your last name, some random star constellation, your pick. So pick a name that you have the others call you. Do you understand?" the sergeant said.
Keller Harrington paused a bit in thought. Even though, she can just have everyone call her Harrington, she felt that something was preventing her from using her choice. She stood there with a moment to think over her decision. The Leader is probably take her off, eventually. Will he? I think I have decided."
"I wish to be referred to as Agent Dragon. If that's possible."

Agent Dragon: Training

Keller prepped up before the squad invaded the building by hiding up in the top story of the building. The inside was completely empty, meaning there was no obstacles to cover behind, but there was still some corners to hide at. To signal the arrival of the squad, they made themselves a "welcoming party" by planting a charge at one of the supports for the building. With a simple press of the detonator, the front of the place came tumbling down near Keller as she stay kept herself hidden. Now, they were entering the building. Keller checked the radar where the scope should be, which detected that they were already at the 2nd floor. Keller saw this as an opportunity to exit her hiding spot and tiptoe over to where the anteroom to the stairs were. Getting out her rifle, she activated the self-destruct function and tossed it towards the stairs, before going behind a corner to brace the impact.

Several flashes erupted, before an explosion of red paint showered the stairwell. "I'm out! I'm out, also!" the yells of two men were heard, as Keller had gotten rid of half the squad. The sounds of gunshots came next, as the floor below Keller started to reveal bullet holes. They knew she was up there, so they were planning on getting her to come down. Running to the stairwell, Keller got out one of the grenades he had and tossed it as he made it to the landing before the 2nd floor. "Grenade!" a soldier said, before it let out another explosion of paint. As usual, someone yelled that they were down, but there was only squad member left. Getting out her paintbrush, she approached the anteroom letting out of the stairwell, where she was suddenly slammed in the face with a butt of a machine gun. "Why do I feel like this has happened before?" Keller thought, as she found herself scrawled on the floor with the gun's muzzle at her face. "I got you, now! Your option is to surrender, you hear?" the soldier demanded, as Keller gripped her paintbrush. She immediately rolled away and using some thinking, she used the paint brush as a throwing knife, tossing it directly at the knee of the soldier. The soldier was confused at first, until he realized he needed to stay in-character and prevented to be in pain, while firing away at his gun. Keller immediately got up and managed to grab the brush, before putting it directly against the neck of the soldier.

"Well. Did I win?" Keller tried not to act snide, but seeing how she managed to win, she couldn't help, but feel the effects of victory.

At the infirmary, Keller was getting examined for any injuries during training, when a man in a lab coat arrived with a clipboard. "Ms. Keller Harrington?" the scientist said, where Keller replied that her name was Agent Dragon. "Right. Right.. You hadn't met me, but I'm a scientist from the Northwest. I'm here, because seeing how Richard Grendel managed to avert the cascade, I couldn't help but explore several opportunities that I believe will this nation." "Richard, yes." Keller couldn't help, but smile at the thought of Richard. How he was now happy to be back home to a normal family. Not unlike what has occurred back in the Northwest. "What does this got to do with me."

"As you may be aware of Richard's little..monster inside of him, even after I found him ripping off the jaw of some washed-up cult leader, I knew there was still good within him, even if he wasn't under his own control at the time."
"What are you saying?"
"We extracted this parasite-like entity from Richard. You see, he was made as a vessel, so it can hibernate and grow. Now, vessels has the abilities of many powers. What I want to do is determine, if it's possible to perfectly maintain this parasite in a non-vessel body."
"What does this got to do with me?"
"Well, you see Keller. You form a bond with Richard, after you broke him out from the orphanage, as we call it. We tested it on the prisoners and some soldiers, however these...had horrible results."
"The parasite inside didn't take it too kindly to be in a body that they didn't realize belong to them?"
"Yes, now we kept Richard's parasite in a containment canister. What we trying to do is see what power we can obtain from having a successful result. I know how it sounds. Sounds insane to have something inside of you that wants to kill everything around it. But, there is ways to harvest this to defend us from the threats of the supernatural. You know what they say. Fire with fire."

Keller wanted to say something. A simple disapproval. However, she remembered about the Leader. What would he do? Naturally, he force her to do the ordeal, anyways. It wasn't like she had a choice. If the Leader said no, he probably knew that she would die out on the field, powerless and weak. Everything he hated and wanted Keller to be. She wanted to say no. "Just say it. Come on." Keller was thinking, but she chose the obvious. "Alright, I let you go through with it." Keller said, knowing she probably done something horrible to herself.

"I never ask for a funeral! No! I don't care what you have to say, both of them are dead and now you just have to be the so-called herald of bad news to tell me I'm cursed!"

"Alright, Keller. Daddy is going to tell you what to do when an A-Bomb hits. You duck and cover, even though it will do no good. You just got to have hope even when you know you're going to die. There are times where life might seem unfair, but I recommend you stay optimum.

"Jones! You dropped this photo, where we were out training by the beach. You need to put this in somewhere where you don't forget it, you know."

Agent Dragon: The Harbinger of Destruction

"Is this a good idea? I know you have a permit, but what would the Leader thinks that the girl is going to have something inside her that could backfire horribly." handler Jasper Soderman who was going to give Keller her first mission tomorrow said, as he looked through the window to see Keller sitting at a chair, where a doctor in a hazmat suit gets a syringe ready to inject the parasite into Keller. "The bond might help. The Leader doesn't seem to mind about her death, but I'm making sure she doesn't die in the process." Steinberg remarked, as he watched the parasite being transferred from the containment canister and enter the syringe. "We are now beginning the experiment. The parasite is to be injected at the nape, then we watch for results and hope for the best." the doctor in the hazmat suit said, radioing Steinberg.

Keller felt the back of her neck let in the parasite. Was she to expect pain? Would she explode in gore and blood? Will her brain rot, so she can be under the control of some entity that seeks to bring harm? No, she only felt her heart beat faster than usual. A sense of power began to enter her mind. Her hair felt like it was cooking under the sun, even though she was inside a room. Was the parasite exploring inside her mind? If so, it can tell that there was something familiar about this girl. Keller felt her mind start to get cloudy, as she seemed to appear to be succumbing to the parasite. She sat up briefly, as she started to feel something enter the rest of his body.
"What is this...feeling?"
"Keller, I mean Agent Dragon? You're alright? Please confirm!" Steinberg said at an intercom to let Keller hear him. "Yeah.. I just. I need some water or something." Keller said, before her mind cleared up. Her heart rate decreased. All of the signs of distress faded away. Did the parasite exit her body? Steinberg and Soderman looked in amazement, as Keller seemed to have gotten the parasite under control. "Thank the many moons, this child has been spared." Steinberg said, though he wondered if he should have someone observe Keller for results. "I think we can have one of our best agents examine her, while both of them are doing the same mission." Soderman said, almost as if he read Steinberg's mind. "Are you telepathic?"
"No? What made you think that?"

Demiurge: The Return

She walked down the road on the outskirts of Main Nation Ministry. A single bird flew above her as she looked at it annoyed. Annoyed at the fact that they were destroying the beauty of the world. Or the multi-verse as she would know. To her, humanity was nothing more than a mess that was made as a mistake to reality. For many years, they were supposed to face their damnation years ago, but they never did. To all of humanity, they are guilty and of Main Nation Ministry, they are to be executed. However, she must not get in the way of what she has planned. The lead of the book at the Fishburger joint was just a waste of time. Though, she wishes she simply blown the guy up, rather than suffocate him. Now, she was after someone that was related to the man. She saw him running to his home, his mouth full of a sandwich from the local food shack. Her next target was here.

The man with the sandwich saw the Demiurge and simply said, "What do you want?"
The Demiurge replied by plunging a knife deep into his throat and forcing him to bled out.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Three Yards in a Cloud of Dust

Runner Henry Johnson helped his team secure a win and get back to .500 with a solid game

This game started slow and, admittedly, that didn’t change much throughout. The Ranorian defense was nothing short of stellar after kicking the ball away to start, allowing a measly total of 37 yards in the first half while the offense continued to display its struggles from the week prior, only mustering 51 of their own. That said, in the second half, we saw a brief flash of what this offense was promised to be when, pinned deep, the Ranorian offense mounted an explosive, long drive. After a three yard run by Johnson to get them to the seven yard line, they took advantage of QB Terry Grayson’s athleticism, rolling him out of the pocket on a play action pass and firing a deep pass to veteran Ricardo Jackson, who hauled it in at the thirty and took it all the way to the forty one yard line, a 35 yard gain and the biggest play this offense has had this season. Grayson would finish the contest with a much improved line of 17/27 for 191 yards, and the drive would eventually end in a chip shot field goal.

But that wasn’t the end of it. Micronistan mounted perhaps their most impressive drive of the game by either side, marching 72 yards in 7 plays, pushing themselves inside the five with their passing attack. But when they dropped back once again, there was nothing there, as even the coverage deficient Ranorian defenders were able to hold their own in the compressed red zone, and Justin Kearse got his second sack of the season, stripping the ball and taking it away. The big play kept the lead in Ranoria’s favor, but a punt by each side led to the team kneeling to get out of the half with a 3-0 lead.

Justin Kearse after securing a second quarter strip sack.

The third quarter saw Ranoria score the only touchdown of the game, an eleven yard rumble from Henry Johnson that was set up by a twenty seven yard reception from Johnny Farmer, who had six catches for an even nineyty yards kn the day. After that, it was a nothing but defense and running out the clock, with Ranoria’s defensive line racking up three fourth quarter sacks and Henry Johnson breaking the hundred yard mark for the second straight week, finishing this contest with 27 totes for 118 yards and his team’s only touchdown of the year so far.

While it wasn’t pretty by any stretch, the defense exceeded expectations by pitching a shutout, and the offense at least managed to put up a respectable yardage total with 350, with 41 rushing yards coming from RB Carlson Katterfield and QB Trey Grayson, even if the point totals didn’t quite match up.

And now, back at 1-1, it’s important to note that we still have yet to really see just who this Ranorian team is. And with plenty of room to grow, that identity may be elusive as we I’ve further along.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Transmondian Commonwealth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:03 am

In the early days of transmondian travel, everything was trial and error. Even when you had the apparatus to open a portal all rigged up, finding another world to link it to was a matter of dumb luck. The scientists would calibrate their apparatus, try to open a portal, change the settings a little, try again, over and over and over. It was like throwing a grappling hook in the dark and pulling on the rope to see if they had hit anything. And then when you finally managed to get a portal open, there was no way to predict what you would find on the other side. The first visitors to other worlds never knew if they would be met by bewildered Wampanoags that had never seen a white man before, gun-toting Acadians yelling, "Get off my lawn!" in French, shell-shocked victims of a Nazi occupation, American nationalists that thought the notion of an independent New England was treasonous, Vikings, Quechua-speaking alpaca farmers, Algonquin industrialists, British monarchists, towering mechanized megalopolises, howling wilderness, radioactive rubble, lush vineyards, or frozen wasteland.

It was dangerous walking into another world with absolutely no idea what you would find.

In time, though, scientists began to recognize patterns and gain a better understanding of the relationships between the various worlds. There was such a thing as distance between worlds. It was measured in rowleys, with one rowley being defined as the distance between the Home Countries and the Nuclear Countries. By measuring the distances between several pairs of worlds, it was possible to model their relative positions and construct a model of the multiverse. The direction from the Home Countries to the Nuclear Countries was defined as "north" and all the other directions in transmondian space were defined in relation to that. There was no relationship between transmondian directions and geographic directions. Transmondian "north" and "south" had nothing to with the Earth's poles, and "up" and "down" had nothing to do with the Earth's gravitational pull. The distance between two worlds determined how much energy it took to open a portal between them, and the direction of travel gave you a rough idea of what would be different. Closer worlds usually had more in common than distant ones, but not always. There were strings of worlds that wrapped around in curling patterns, where all the worlds in the string would have some particular bit of history in common, even the ones that were far from each other at opposite ends of the string.

Understanding these things made it easier to guess where new worlds might be found, and also to guess which ones would be worth visiting. It still wasn't an exact science, though. One team of explorers had been trampled by dinosaurs in what they thought was going to be a fairly ordinary Spanish-colonized version of Connecticut.

Len Cady (Dowd) was in the business of mapping the multiverse and studying the relationships between worlds. His particular specialty was the study of irregular worlds -- worlds where the placement and shape of the continents did not match the Home Countries, or where the cultures seemed to have no correlation to the ones in the Home Countries. In the course of his research he found himself in Ko-Oren. Much of his time was spent poring over local maps and opening and closing portals to one world after another so he could test how far away they were and triangulate Atlantian Oceania's position in the multiverse. He had previously done a series of similar experiments in Esportiva.

Len thought the work he did was important. He felt like he was making a valuable contribution to society. Sometimes it was interesting too. He got to see different places, meet different people. But sometimes it got repetitive. Sometimes after opening and closing portals to several different worlds -- open, close, record the distance and coordinates, open, close, record the distance and coordinates, rinse, lather, repeat, for hours at a time -- his eyes started to glaze over. When he got burned out like that, he sometimes lost his place and forgot which world he was even testing. And when that happened, he knew it was time to take a break. It was good to go out and look around anyway. You never knew when you might stumble across something that gave you a better understanding of the world. Sometimes it was something obvious like a history book that told you what had happened differently in the local history. Other times it was something more subtle, like a person's accent that reminded you of something you heard in another world.

Len had been feeling a bit burned out lately, getting into that mood where his eyes glazed over, and he decided that going to one of the World Bowl games being played in nearby Greencaster would be the perfect way to unwind. He invited a local guy that he had befriended and they went to the game together. He wasn't sure what to expect. He didn't know much about the worlds that the team had been fielded from, or the program that had brought them here. Conveniently, even though New England often had multiple "national" sports teams in the same sport, they still had a standard national uniform for each sport -- so the World Bowl football team was using the same jersey design as the Patriots of the Dowd States, and Len already had a Patriots jersey from his own world. The fact that it had the name Halsey on it rather than anyone that was playing in the World Bowl...well, that was mildly unfortunate, but there wasn't much to be done about it.

(Note: the design of the jerseys is NOT one used by the RL New England Patriots. It is red, white, and green.)

Some of the Yankee players looked like they had stepped out of the 1950s, all fresh-scrubbed, bright-eyed, clean-cut, and lily white. Others looked like they had just rolled off their friend's couch, thrown on a football jersey, and taken to the field still all rumpled and disheveled. Len sort of felt like he was watching a very good high school or college team go up against professionals. There was something sort of unpolished and not-quite-professional about the New England team, but what they lacked in polish, they made up for in hustle. They really knew how to hustle the ball down the field, and they looked like they were having a great time doing it. Len liked that. It made him feel good about his country, and about his work, seeing how connecting the different worlds had brought these men a great new experience that they never would have had otherwise.

After two games, two wins, and a total of 79 points scored in those two games, New England's offense was looking pretty damn good. The defense didn't stand out so much, but the team still was making a respectable showing and was currently leading group D. The toughest games of the group stage, against Allamunnic States and Alpine Union, were yet to come; but at least the team had proven that they knew how to put points on the board.

Good for them, Len thought. He came home from the game in a good mood, ready to get back to work.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Vangaziland National Football

QUARTERBACK: #10 - Dan Bundison - 5'10 - 185 lbs (pocket passer)
HALFBACK: #25 - Devon Hanssen - 5'11 - 215 lbs (power back)
FULLBACK: #40 - Taye Poconos - 5'11 - 220 lbs
LEFT TACKLE: #76 - Kent Isaakssen - 6'3 - 295 lbs
LEFT GUARD: #75 - Milo Horvak - 6'4 - 300 lbs
CENTER: #65 - Charles Quarter - 6'3 - 305 lbs
RIGHT GUARD: #72 - Mag Villjon-- 6'3 - 290 lbs
RIGHT TACKLE: #60 - Max Vanderberg - 6'5- 295 lbs
TIGHT END: #88 - Fred Loxingsen - 225 lbs
1st OPTION WR: #84 - Parker Vangaard - 6'2 - 200 lbs (hands)
2nd OPTION WR: #15 - Erik Bergum - 6'0 - 175 lbs (speed)
3rd OPTION WR: #80 Benny Banks - SR - 6'2 - 205 lbs (hands)

STRONG SAFETY: #34 - Chris Ingebritson - 6'1 - 210 lbs
FREE SAFETY: #38 - Karver Price - 6'1 - 194 lbs
DEFENSIVE END: #90 - Winton Cathcart - 6'3 - 300 lbs
DEFENSIVE TACKLE: #91 - Tomas Lillegard- 6'4 - 300 lbs
DEFENSIVE TACKLE: #92 - Devino Hutch - 6'6 - 304 lbs
DEFENSIVE END: #99 - Matt Ivarssen - 6'4 - 290 lbs
LINEBACKER: #54 -Richmond Tiller - 6'3 - 240 lbs
LINEBACKER: #57 - Taylor Barnacles - 6'5 - 250 lbs
CORNERBACK: #32 - Dan Skaar - 6'2 - 202 lbs
CORNERBACK: #22 - Amante Ellison- 6'1 - 200 lbs
CORNERBACK: #21 - Earnell Gordonsen - 6'0 - 190 lbs

KICKER: #7 - Alena Jarosova - SR - 5'4 - 130 lbs
PUNTER: #3 - Antonio Herrera - 5'9 - 170 lbs
LONG SNAPPER: #62 - Randall Lawford - 6'1 285 lbs
HOLDER: #4 - Josh Depzman - 5'10 - 178 lbs (pocket passer) (backup QB)
PUNT RETURNER: #82 - Matty Julius - 6'2 - 209 lbs
KICK RETURNER: #15 - Erik Bergum - 6'0 - 175 lbs (speed)

Head Coach: Kenton Tillford
Assistant Coach: Gavin Wicks
Defensive Coordinator: Mike Waterhouse
Quarterback Coach: Ray Butchingson

Common Formations
Offense: Shotgun, I-Formation
Defense: 4-3, Nickel

Style mod: +3
RP Permissions
Choose my scorers: N
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod Injuries to my players: N
Suspend my players: N
Godmod suspension events: N

Godmod other events:
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Trans-Dniesters
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trans-Dniesters » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 am

Приднестровская Гридиронная Суперлига
PRIDNESTROVIA AT THE WORLD BOWL

WORLD BOWL XXXVI GROUP STAGE RECAP

Hello there, friends, comrades, and fellow fans in gridiron. The World Bowl is upon us once again, and as I prepare yet another recap of the recently concluded third season of the Pridnestrovian Gridiron Super League, let me tide you over with some looks into Pridnestrovia's progress through World Bowl XXXVI. But before we get into that, let me give you Pridnestrovians out there a bit of a trigger warning: the Ko-orenite authorities refer to our beloved nation as "Trans-Dniesters". Yes, that is most definitely not our nation's name at all. I don't know how Ko-oren associated "Trans-Dniesters" with Pridnestrovia and used that name to refer to us instead of Pridnestrovia, which has been used by other tournament organizers without fail for many years now. Maybe that's the Ko-orenite way to refer to Pridnestrovia. I don't know. Let's just continue on and recap Pridnestrovia at the World Bowl.

World Bowl XXXVI Group Stage Matchday One
Bendicion          0  7 10 10  27
Pridnestrovia 7 7 14 7 35

So up first, the Red Army went up against the nation of Bendicion. I honestly can't remember off the top of my head whether we have played against them before, but I think it stands to reason that maybe we have. Or maybe we haven't. Like I said, I don't really know. Let's just get back to the game itself. Pretty spectacular opening drive for the Pridnestrovians, although we got lucky on a holding call against a Bendicionian (is that the right term?) linebacker that turned a 3rd and 9 into a fresh set of downs that eventually got Gerald Svango into the end zone. The same thing happened in the second quarter, except there was no holding call to advance Pridnestrovia on a third and long; no, Stan Serban did that himself, and it was Vyacheslav Kozel who scored Pridnestrovia's second touchdown. Pridnestrovia then scored two touchdowns in the third quarter, Kozel scoring his second touchdown early and Guntram Rosenfeld scoring on a two-yard rush. Cezary Gomulka then picked off a pass from the Bendicion quarterback and ran it for fifteen yards for the first Pridnestrovian pick-six of the tournament. The defense needs a little work though; three touchdowns (two of them in the second half) is simply not acceptable for a team of our caliber. Let's hope that the defense improves for the second game.

World Bowl XXXVI Group Stage Matchday Two
Pridnestrovia     10 10 10 10  40
Quebec 3 7 0 7 17

Ah, now this is much better from the Red Army, both offensively and defensively. And to think that it was against the Royal Kingdom of Quebec, one of the names in multiverse gridiron. And to keep them to only two touchdowns and a single field goal is an achievement in and of itself, but to then score four touchdowns and four field goals against them... Now that's a game of football, baby! (To quote my good friend Dara Keane from Gaelic Gamers) Stan Serban was pretty much a quarterback maestro in this game, so much so that he was able to afford Yefrem Yakovlev time to get on the field and actually have a touchdown scoring drive of his own. Sure, it might be a garbage time touchdown but it's still a touchdown worthy of a stat sheet. Fantasy football fans must be very, very happy right now.

So that does it for the recap of Pridnestrovia at the World Bowl for now. Up next we will have a PGSL Season 3 recap ready, along with maybe a recap of PGSL teams in the Champions' Bowl, where unless you have been living under a rock in a cave you know that Sheriff Tiraspol won. Not really my bet for winning the Champions' Bowl but it's still a Pridnestrovian team which took home the trophy, so I guess I'm proud. That's all I will be saying for now. Tune in next time, and as always, До свидания.
The Democratic People's Republic of the United Socialist States of Pridnestrovia
Leader: President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko

Abanhfleft's post-Soviet dictatorship
Rushmore's a good place, да.

Monarch Republic
Envoy

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarch Republic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:10 am

The National team of the Monarch Republic has spent the last few days training on all areas of football.The head coach has decided to invite the New England team to a exhibition game after hearing word of the strong offensce they have.
Defense training for the national team of the Monarch Republic has been tough as players are supposed to:Anlysze the opposing offense,recognize the opposing offense's play,and go for all crucial offensive positions.
Offense training has been practically the same. There is hope in the Monarch Republic that this national team wins it all.

Also:Who is playing the Monarch Republic next?

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 am

Banijans dominate former regional rivals Frenline Delpha before they turn to the group's best side- Taeshan

Tijan Kujabi celebrates a touchdown reception on the opening drive of Banija's game against Frenline Delpha

EAGLEBURY, KO-OREN- The Serpent Eagles were coming into this tournament with a renewed focus. Group stage exits in both World Bowl XXXIV and World Bowl XXXV, with the former tournament on home soil nonetheless, left a bitter taste in the mouths of many Banijan fans. A nation that is used to seeing its teams compete in this sport on the international stage- from the success of Northern Moravica & Loyola-Istria in the NSCF, to the trio of World Bowl semifinal appearances all those years ago, the lack of success in this tournament was painful, and concerning. Why couldn't the Banijans hold their own among the world's best anymore? It vexed the gridiron football community in Banija for years. Was it the team? Was it the coach? Did they think too much of themselves, and this was how things would naturally be?

Right now, in World Bowl XXXVI, things have been different. They've only played two games, granted, but this team has looked stellar. After a 40-0 victory over an unranked Monsa side to start the tournament, they took it to another lower ranked side, Frenline Delpha. Let's not overreact here- on paper, the Banijan matchup against both Monsa and Frenline Delpha is overwhelmingly in the favor of the Banijans. Still, coming out and playing complete games against both opponents, both on the defensive and offensive sides of the football, is absolutely an encouraging factor for the Serpent Eagles.

IT wasn't perfect, of course- the special teams for the Banijans was pretty damn bad. But let's dive right into the football game, shall we? The game's opening drive was an offensive clinic by the Banijans. The opening kickoff return was to their own 27 yard line- not great, but not bad field position either. It took them just six plays to go the length of the field. A 9 yard run by Greenspan, an 11 yard pass by Jawara to Margolin, a 7 yard pass to Cosse, a 12 yard run by Jawara, a 13 yard run on an option by Greenspan, and then a 21 yard touchdown pass to Tijan Kujabi. Just big chunks of yardage for the offense, and very quickly, it was 7-0.

On the opposite end, Frenline Delpha returned the opening kickoff to their own 40, giving themselves excellent field position. However, the defense held strongly, forcing a three and out, and making Frenline Delpha punt. An excellent kick pinned the Serpent Eagles at their own 7 yard line, putting their backs against the wall as they needed some more offense. However, they were going to be slow and methodical this time- not gaining huge chunks of yardage like on the last drive, but moving the ball efficiently. A 15 play drive, that went 93 yards and took 7:47 off the clock, ended in a 6 yard touchdown plunge on a first and goal play by Justice Greenspan to give the Banijans a 14-0 lead over their former regional rivals. The offense went 3/3 on third down on that drive- converting a 3rd and 3, a 3rd and 1, and a 3 & inches, being extremely efficient on 3rd and short.

Another good kickoff return by Frenline Delpha gave them good field position at their own 42 yard line. However, after a 9 yard run on 1st down, they were stuffed on second down, bringing a third and one. They ran a play-action bootleg, but the Frenline Delpha quarterback was chased down by a chasing Jabril Uste, who forced a fumble that was recovered by Elias Mulu. The Serpent Eagles drove into the red zone, but were forced to settle for three points, leaving them with a 17-0 lead after a dominating first quarter against Frenline Delpha. They ended up scoring one more touchdown in the second quarter, leaving them with a 24-0 halftime lead, meaning six straight quarters of dominating football by this team- albeit, all over lesser opponents, of course.

We talked about how the special teams struggled- consistently giving up great field position all game long. Frenline Delpha returned the opening kickoff of the second half 97 yards, all the way for a touchdown, to put his team right back into the game coming out of the locker room, making the score 24-7. Then, the Frenline Delpha coach made a gutsy playcall- a surprise onside kick. Down three possessions, of course, against a much higher ranked opponent who was on fire- what was there to lose? He called it, and the front guy on the line for the Banijans muffed it, and it was recovered by Frenline Delpha. All of a sudden, they had life.

The Banijan defense held- their offense was not moving the ball against the Banijans. On the ensuing possesion, the Banijans hit yet another field goal, and made the score 27-7. After a three and out by Frenline Delpha, there was a few first downs, and then, after a holding penalty, the Banijans were forced to punt. This is where things got interesting. Frenline Delpha's punt returner received the ball at his own 14 yard line. He made a man miss, and ran up the near sideline. Getting a few key blocks along the way, he was gone. 86 yard punt return for a touchdown, and that gave Frenline Delpha their second special teams touchdown of the game so far.

The score was 27-14, and would remain that way heading into the fourth quarter. Isaka Jawara, at the beginning of the fourth quarter, led a 10 play, 71 yard drive, that took 5:49 off the clock, and that ended in a 13 yard touchdown pass from him to Christos Cosse, to give the Banijans a 34-14 lead. This was, essentially, the dagger. 8 minutes left and down 20 points, particularly when your offense couldn't move the ball? But the nail in the coffin was on Frenline Delpha's next possesion. Yonas Azikiwe jumped a curl route, and intercepted a pass, and returned it 35 yards to house.

41-14 with just under 8 minutes left, and that finished as the final score. Alastair Jobs was not happy about the special teams performance. "This was an awful special teams performance- one that, if repeated, will seriously endanger our hopes and dreams as a squad. Two returned touchdowns in the same quarter? Who has heard of something like that? And the onside kick- you always have to be prepared. If we keep giving up field position above the 35 yard line, all time time, it's going to mean trouble when we play Taeshan. They're too good to squander that kind of field position- there's a lot we have to work on."

He complimented both the offense and the defense, however, for responding to tough circumstances. "We lost the field position battle pretty badly- something that we're going to have to fix. But our offense moved the ball consistently throughout the duration of the game, and our defense did the same thing. We have a tough game upcoming next week- Taeshan is an extremely tough opponent. They only allowed 10 points against Vangaziland, a game that they lost by a single point. That defense is the best we've faced so far, and that is going to be a test for our offense. There will be growing pains against a defense that fast, a defense so stout at the line of scrimmage. But make no question about it- our boys will be ready."

And that is certainly true. Taeshan's offense hasn't exactly lit it up, scoring a 20-0 victory on matchday 1, followed by a 10-9 loss to Vangaziland on matchday 2. But their defense is ferocious- there's a reason they won the World Bowl on Banijan soil. That's going to be a strength vs. strength matchup- can the Banijans, on offense, establish what they want? What a test for the offensive line- if they can give Jawara enough time, and Greenspan enough holes, Banija's skill players are as good as anybody's. But they need blocking. That will be tough against one of the best fronts in the multiverse.

Who will win? It's hard to say. Taeshan, coming off of a loss, is going to be more motivated than ever. The Banijans are excited for this test, but even after a loss- maybe especially after a loss- Taeshan are a dangerous side. We expect the Banijan offense to put some points up, but ultimately, Taeshan to prevail in what will likely be a close game. We predict a 24-21 victory for Taeshan, to hand the Banijans their first loss of World Bowl XXXVI.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 am

Vangaziland Royals Start 2-0

"Heck of a start by our guys... And gal", Coach Kenton Tillford said after a pause. "This season is all about development. We can start reaching that next level soon. We've got a few new players to develop. Winning these first two games shows we are on the right track for the future."

The Royals started the season with a big game against Frenline Delpha. "I remember when F.D. was one of the dominant sporting regions in the multiverse", said Vangaziland's new HB Devaughn Hanssen. This is the first season for the Royals without Filip Skog. Hanssen is more of a power back than the outgoing running back. Team faithfuls hope Devaughn will be the spark the Royals need to progress. "We'll give them a fair match", the power back added.

The Royals threw an interception on their first drive. Bundison threw a pick on the 2nd down around the 50 yard line. The team had shown pace, especially on the ground. The Vannish stepped up things for the second drive. Hanssen picked up 37 yards before running out of bounds. Several good blocks set the running back up for success. The run moved the Royals into the red zone. FB Taye Poconos followed up with a short gain. This set the ball up well. Many expected another run.

Bundison faked a handoff before sending a bullet towards TE Fred Loxingsen. The big 6'4 target brought down the pass and fell over his defender into the end zone.

Not every Vannish drive would end in a touchdown. Bundison seemed to have trouble converting on 3rd down. This set up field goal attempt after field goal attempt. Enter Alena Jamisova. She is a recent graduate of the University of Auster. UA had a better season than they have in their NSCF past. There is a real chance Auster and Imperial Military Academy may end up ranking 1-2 in their conference. A strong team from Ceniesis Naval Academy stands in their way.

Jamisova showed her pedigree with a strong performance. She would tally 4 field goals. Her longest one was 43 yards. The wind was in her favor for the long kick. "It feels good to start in the World Bowl", Alena said. "This competition is home to the best gridiron players in the world. I'm proud to be the only Vannish woman on this team."

Vangaziland is known for famous female athletes. Sarah Overson was integral to Vangaziland's first IBC championship. Jessica Franssen dominates the world of motorsports. "I may not be running on the field and making tackles", Jamisova said. "I still have an important role."

The Royals would score two other touchdowns. The second would come through the air midway through the 3rd quarter. Bundison connected with newcomer Benny Banks for a 21 yard touchdown pass. A play action call gave Banks enough time to get a slight jump on his defender. He reached up high, leaping to make the catch. He came down hard in the end zone before rising to his feet with his arms outstretched.

The team's third touchdown came on the ground. After two short gains, Devaughn Hanssen broke a 35 yard touchdown run. Once again timely blocking led to points on the board. The HB also broke a big tackle while steaming through the left corner of the line. The HB Blast play worked perfectly.

"I love what I'm seeing away from the ball", Coach Tillford said about his team. "There is a lot of heart out there. Tonight's performance was spirted."

Hanssen finished the game with 109 rushing yards. QB Dan Bundison totaled 295 yards on 20 for 28 passing. The team had one running touchdown and two in the air.

"We have what it takes to win now", Bundison said after the first game. "We just need to stay on top of things. Play our style. Push the tempo. We'll go game by game."

The second Royals game turned out to be a major defensive performance. The Royals faced the toughest team in the conference. The Fighting Falcons are ranked #4 in the league.

"Let's get 'em, baby", Bundison said before the game. "Fate is on our side."

Bundison was true to his word. The entire game was a battle for the Vannish offense. Hanssen picked up 98 yards of hard fought real estate on the ground. Bundison had a tougher night in the air, totaling 230 yards on 16 for 25 passing. The highlight for the Vangazi came with Bundison's 49 yard touchdown pass. The team's speediest receiver Erik Bergum found himself in space after a quick burst of speed. Fred Loxingsen hit his defender with a stern block.

Vangaziland and Taeshan fought that entire match. The game was a showcase for the Vannish defense. They stifled one of the top 5 teams in the multiverse. It all came down to the last play. Vangaziland was down 9-7. They had not scored since the early 2nd quarter. Alena Jamisova had the game in her hands, err feet.

A rare dropped Benny Banks pass put the Royals onto 4th down. The wind was against Jamisova at 5 mph. She caught the ball with all her foot. The ball started to curve as it approached the goalpost. It luckily ran out of time before it could slide outside of the uprights. The ball barely missed the goalpost as it sailed into the net.

The team was ecstatic. Time expired as the kick went up. It was a do or die play. Alena showed she has what it takes.

"I'm excited about what Alena can mean for this team", said Coach Kenton Tillford. "We'll need production from special teams just as much as we do from our defensive and offensive units."

The Vangaziland Royals will face One Jamaica on Matchday 3.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:26 am

"Dedicated to the study of sport from a multidisciplinary perspective." Such is the innocuous description of the Margaret Institute at the University of Zube. Behind that innocent description lies one of the most famous - infamous? - research hubs in the multiverse.

In regions where sport is an obsession - like the Rushmore region in which the Kytlerian nation resides - there is colossal public interest in research into sport. But the Margaret Institute has led the way in researching many of the unexpected phenomena around sporting competition, including and especially its cultural elements. (It's baked right into its name; "Margaret" is the famous goddess of random numbers worshipped in the ex-nation of Snub Nose 38, and long since established as an international sporting icon.) The depth of research strength here has been extensively tapped into by Kytlerian sports teams - in fact, the Kytlerian Isolation was directly responsible for the Margaret Institute laying off 10% of its near-1,100 employees - and this has once again been the case, with three staff members providing specific research for the Kytlerian gridiron team at World Bowl XXXVI. (It has been suggested that the team's reinvented triple-option offense, having used a more wide-open, passing-heavy attack in the past, was the product of this research. Head coach Tyler Delaney has insisted it was his idea, and certainly the unusual terminology that has been implemented around it was his.)

One of those staff members - Park Ha-Jun - has shown a particular interest in the Main Nation Ministry team who are the strongest on-paper opponents the Kytlerians face in their group after their surge to the semi-finals at the last World Bowl. "They are an unusual nation in the sports world in that they are best known for other things," he told a journalist for the Zube Daily Times. "Particularly their military, and their involvement in international relations more broadly. Most sporting nations are ultimately known for sports. This one isn't." The national interest in gridiron "makes sense for this kind of country," he added. In the same way that Kytlerian gridiron is, at this point, largely really Varnian gridiron? "There is certainly a correlation in that regard," he says, nervously. "But," he cautions, "Main Nation Ministry are a lot, lot further along this path than Varn has ever been. Certainly the World Assembly would never consider an independent Varn, should one occur, to be a Psychotic Dictatorship. In any case, mliitaries very often hold strict body type requirements that can be constraining for gridiron teams, although in a militaristic nation that loves gridiron maybe the sport is a refuge for those who don't meet such requirements, a different form of service."
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Transmondian Commonwealth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:32 am

Monarch Republic wrote:The National team of the Monarch Republic has spent the last few days training on all areas of football.The head coach has decided to invite the New England team to a exhibition game after hearing word of the strong offensce they have.
Defense training for the national team of the Monarch Republic has been tough as players are supposed to:Anlysze the opposing offense,recognize the opposing offense's play,and go for all crucial offensive positions.
Offense training has been practically the same. There is hope in the Monarch Republic that this national team wins it all.

The Commonwealth's World Bowl team doesn't have time for an exhibition game until after the World Bowl, but they don't mind meeting the Monarch players for a bit of shared practice.

They'd be open to visiting the Monarch Republic for a full exhibition game at a later date after the end of the World Bowl, if that's something your people want. If interested, you'll want to meet with team staff while they are in Greencaster. Phone contact between worlds is pretty dicey, so you won't be able to just grab a phone and call them up at an office in the Home States.

New England.

The schedule is in the OP:

MD1 - 13th - 1 v 6, 2 v 5, 3 v 4
MD2 - 14th - 6 v 4, 5 v 3, 1 v 2
MD3 - 15th - 2 v 6, 3 v 1, 4 v 5
MD4 - 16th - 6 v 5, 1 v 4, 2 v 3
MD5 - 17th - 3 v 6, 4 v 2, 5 v 1
Break - 18th
MD6 - 19th - day 1 reversed
MD7 - 20th - day 2 reversed
MD8 - 21st - day 3 reversed
MD9 - 22nd - day 4 reversed
MD10 - 23rd - day 5 reversed

The numbers refer to the order the nations are listed in the group draw:

1: Allamunnic States
2: Alpine Union
3: Velestria
4: Transmodian Commonwealth of New England
5: Monarch Republic
6: A Rosa

So 5 means you. On Matchday 3, it has 4 v 5. Look back over at the group draw and see who is 4th.

Monarch Republic
Envoy

Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarch Republic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am

The Transmondian Commonwealth wrote:
Monarch Republic wrote:The National team of the Monarch Republic has spent the last few days training on all areas of football.The head coach has decided to invite the New England team to a exhibition game after hearing word of the strong offensce they have.

The Commonwealth's World Bowl team doesn't have time for an exhibition game until after the World Bowl, but they don't mind meeting the Monarch players for a bit of shared practice.

They'd be open to visiting the Monarch Republic for a full exhibition game at a later date after the end of the World Bowl, if that's something your people want. If interested, you'll want to meet with team staff while they are in Greencaster. Phone contact between worlds is pretty dicey, so you won't be able to just grab a phone and call them up at an office in the Home States.

New England.

The schedule is in the OP:

MD1 - 13th - 1 v 6, 2 v 5, 3 v 4
MD2 - 14th - 6 v 4, 5 v 3, 1 v 2
MD3 - 15th - 2 v 6, 3 v 1, 4 v 5
MD4 - 16th - 6 v 5, 1 v 4, 2 v 3
MD5 - 17th - 3 v 6, 4 v 2, 5 v 1
Break - 18th
MD6 - 19th - day 1 reversed
MD7 - 20th - day 2 reversed
MD8 - 21st - day 3 reversed
MD9 - 22nd - day 4 reversed
MD10 - 23rd - day 5 reversed

The numbers refer to the order the nations are listed in the group draw:

1: Allamunnic States
2: Alpine Union
3: Velestria
4: Transmodian Commonwealth of New England
5: Monarch Republic
6: A Rosa

So 5 means you. On Matchday 3, it has 4 v 5. Look back over at the group draw and see who is 4th.

It looks like my teams training will come in very handy.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 am

Sporting World

World Bowl XXXVI: Free Republics take over game in 4th quarter, beat Newmanistan 51-20
by: Debra LaFleur

A capacity crowd of 101,208 at the Gem of the Oceans Stadium watched the Free Republics convincingly defeat World Bowl XXXIV runner-up Newmanistan in a rare group stage battle between two of the elite nations in international football. While the game was competitive early on and Newmanistan actually led 13 to 10 at the half, Katakin Maier's side took over late and left no doubt that they are the better team and the early favorite to win this year's World Bowl.

The game started with Newmanistan's offense marching down the field against the new Republican defense. Newmanistan quarterback Alex Nelligan converted on third and long twice in a row by finding tight end Clyde Sanders across the middle of the field. This set Newmanistan up near midfield. A long touchdown run by Cameron Hall was called back on a holding penalty by Michael Janssen but Nelligan would keep the drive alive regardless on a slant to Kevin Ambroziak. Ambroziak had lots of room for yards after the catch and ended up being tackled a yard short of the first down, setting up 2nd and 1. Rudolph Hicks would pick up the first down and Newmanistan continued moving down the field. A few plays later, Nelligan found Sanders in the end zone for what appeared to be a touchdown but the officials called offensive pass interference and Newmanistan was ultimately forced to settle for a field goal after Tranquillo Romani knocked a pass out of Chris Culver's hands in the end zone on 3rd and goal.

The opening Republican drive of the game saw Dania Sandberg attempt to run the option. Unfortunately, Newmanistan appeared to have studied the film of the Seraxinbourgh game and was expecting it. They stuffed the Republican offense on 2 straight plays before getting a hand on Sandberg's pitch to Jonas Hetland on 3rd down to force a fumble. Keith Koening scooped up the ball and was in the end zone for a touchdown. Newmanistan had a 10-0 lead.

On the very first play of the next drive, Sandberg faked a handoff to Makharbi Barsukov and rolled out to the left side. However, rather than running or pitching to Park Han, she lobbed one deep for Marianna Szep who had run right by Taeshawn Gilles rather than attempting to block him. Szep would catch the ball in the open field and score an easy touchdown to make the score 10-7.

After this early excitement, the game turned into a defensive battle for the remainder of the first half with Newmanistan putting up another field goal with 33 seconds left on the clock in the second quarter after Alex Dale sacked Nelligan on 3rd and goal. Down 13-7, the Free Republics got the ball back after having struggled to do much of anything on offense in the first half. They came out in their regular formation. However, instead of running the triple option, Sandberg dropped back to throw and the slotbacks were running routes as if they were wide receivers. Sandberg would find Park Han open underneath Szep's route, allowing the slotback to pick up a few extra yards before stepping out of bounds with 25 seconds to go. On the next play, Sandberg would find Wang Pan on a post route right in the middle of the field. A timeout followed and the Free Republics were out of timeouts with the ball at the Newmanistan 42 and 19 seconds left. On the next play, Sandberg found Park Han but the slotback was tackled in bounds at the 36, forcing the Republicans to rush to the line and spike it with just 2 seconds remaining. That brought Takehiko Susui in for a long field goal attempt. Susui's kick was long enough but ended up hitting the right goalpost. It somehow bounced through and the Free Republics had cut the Newmanistan lead in half going into the second half.

Having proven their ability to throw the ball consistently, the Republican offense found running room in the second half. The opening drive of the second half saw them throw the ball 3 times, all completions including a screen to 3rd slotback Rita Alaja that went for a 17 yard gain. It also saw the Republican offense run the ball 7 times including a 23-yard run by Sandberg that gave them a 17 to 13 lead. Newmanistan would answer right back as Chris Culver would return Susui's ensuing kickoff for a touchdown, shocking the crowd and putting the visitors back up by a 20 to 17 margin.

A big run by Republican backup fullback Yuan Chien would set up a field goal that tied the game at 20 and a fumble by Anthony Padula would set up a second Republican field goal that put the home team up 23 to 20 after 3 quarters.

In the fourth quarter, this game would get away from Newmanistan. They were driving and about to take the lead again when Pasi Pappila jumped a route and picked off Nelligan's pass in the end zone. Pappila found plenty of running room along the sideline and would make Cameron Hall miss a tackle en route to the end zone and a 30 to 20 Republican lead. After a Newmanistan 3 and out, Sandberg dropped back to pass on the very first play of the drive but, finding nobody open, decided to scramble. Inexplicably, there was nobody spying her and she soon broke into the Newmanistan secondary where the Republican receivers and slot backs turned into blockers. She only had to beat linebacker Harvey Bishop and she did, making him miss en route to an 83 yard touchdown run that put the Free Republics up 37 to 20. The Republican offense would pile on as Park Han added a 47 yard touchdown run and would catch a 39 yard touchdown from Sandberg. The final was 51 to 20 in favor of the Free Republics as the home team scored 4 touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

Next on the schedule for the Free Republics is a visit to 1-1 Jebslund which is coming off of a 27 to 10 victory over Qingland. Jebslund also has a 20 to 13 overtime loss to The Greater Nordics. They are ranked 32nd in the current World Bowl rankings and were a 4-6 team last season.

Debra LaFleur is Sporting World's new international football correspondent. Debra recently graduated from the University of Nejax where she majored in journalism and was a backup quarterback for the Lady Horns women's college football team. While she was expected to start for the Lady Horns last year, she was injured in the first quarter of the season opener and lost her job to true freshman Paige May, who went on to win the Sporting World MVP award for women's college football.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Monsa
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsa » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:51 am

Monsa get's back on it's feet

After that embarrassing 40-0 loss to Banija, it appears that the National Football Team got back on its feet with a 17-10 win over One Jamaica. With the win, the team moves into 4th position in the group. Coach Stanley Kidd said that his team will stick with the New Lineup against One Jamaica. To look at the group as a whole, it's only certain in the minds of many that the Banijans are now 2-0 with a Point Difference of +67. However, the best point difference falls to the free republic with a whopping +75.

As Monsa looks onwards to the next game, they look to face Frenline Delpha who has the worst Point Differnce in the group.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:00 pm

World Bowl 36/XXXVI @ Ko-oren
MD3 Scores

Group A
Main Nation Ministry 34–0 Kytler Peninsula
Equestrian States 0–17 Ko-oren
Xanneria 32–10 Skundi

Group A                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Ko-oren 3 3 0 64 33 +31
2 Main Nation Ministry 3 2 1 86 54 +32
3 Equestrian States 3 2 1 42 27 +15
4 Kytler Peninsula 3 1 2 26 57 −31
5 Xanneria 3 1 2 56 58 −2
6 Skundi 3 0 3 26 71 −45

Group B
Cosumar 23–3 Castleon
Northwest Kalactin 0–3 Velstrania
Saint Dennis 23–0 North Quadana

Group B                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Cosumar 3 3 0 72 19 +53
2 Velstrania 3 2 1 60 29 +31
3 Saint Dennis 3 2 1 39 20 +19
4 Northwest Kalactin 3 1 2 22 10 +12
5 Castleon 3 1 2 30 73 −43
6 North Quadana 3 0 3 0 72 −72

Group C
Abanhfleft 36–3 Micronistan
Lisander 12–30 Drawkland
Ranoria 3–3 Krytenia (9–3 OT)

Group C                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Drawkland 3 3 0 77 22 +55
2 Lisander 3 2 1 46 33 +13
3 Abanhfleft 3 2 1 79 33 +46
4 Ranoria 3 2 1 22 24 −2
5 Krytenia 3 0 3 3 55 −52
6 Micronistan 3 0 3 3 63 −60

Group D
Alpine Union 12–7 A Rosa
Velestria 9–0 Allamunnic States
New England 44–13 Monarch Republic

Group D                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 New England 3 3 0 123 46 +77
2 Allamunnic States 3 2 1 53 22 +31
3 Alpine Union 3 2 1 18 20 −2
4 Monarch Republic 3 1 2 25 56 −31
5 Velestria 3 1 2 41 60 −19
6 A Rosa 3 0 3 27 83 −56

Group E
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 54–0 Bendicion
South Covello 7–14 Trans-DniestersPridnestrovia
Holy Marsh 43–3 Pambudia

Group E                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Pridnestrovia 3 3 0 89 51 +38
2 South Covello 3 2 1 57 24 +33
3 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 2 1 95 46 +49
4 Holy Marsh 3 2 1 89 53 +36
5 Pambudia 3 0 3 16 77 −61
6 Bendicion 3 0 3 37 132 −95

Group F
Vangaziland 34–10 One Jamaica
Banija 3–33 Taeshan
Monsa 19–0 Frenline Delpha

Group F                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Vangaziland 3 3 0 77 25 +52
2 Taeshan 3 2 1 62 13 +49
3 Banija 3 2 1 84 47 +37
4 Monsa 3 2 1 36 50 −14
5 One Jamaica 3 0 3 20 71 −51
6 Frenline Delpha 3 0 3 20 93 −73

Group G
Newmanistan 37–6 Seraxinbourgh
Jebslund 14–31 Free Republics
The Greater Nordics 43–0 Qingland

Group G                     Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Free Republics 3 3 0 129 37 +92
2 The Greater Nordics 3 3 0 73 16 +57
3 Newmanistan 3 2 1 75 60 +15
4 Jebslund 3 1 2 54 61 −7
5 Qingland 3 0 3 13 88 −75
6 Seraxinbourgh 3 0 3 12 94 −82
Last edited by Ko-oren on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports