NATION

PASSWORD

Le Champion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Does Leblanc get any money?

0 dollars (money is for champion only)
43%
A number meant to cause further injury (ex 1 dollar)
9%
X dollars, the EXACT amount needed for the healthcare treatment (technical compensation, that's all that's owned)
21%
1 million dollars
3%
1-4 million dollars
9%
5 million dollars (50% of all winnings)
8%
>5 million dollars
No votes
10 million dollars
6%

Total votes : 86

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Heloin wrote:Why would I visit her in the hospital?

*shrug*

Why would I, as a person, have entered the competition? I view it as a character I'm playing.

The character I was playing also was willing to let a person commit suicide in front of them so I assume that character is a bit of a hard ass.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
In part because you didn’t think to refuse and in part because,

As Calvin Candie might say in a thick accent:

“It’s a custom here in this game... that upon the completion of the finals and the winner being decided that the two par-tays... SHAKE HANDS. It’s a gesture of goodwill.”

Needlessly to say the conversation went south with her so you left with no handshake

Well I'd of just walked over to her mangled body at the bottom of the death Yu-Gi-Oh thing. and shouted "Good Game" as they carted her off, and be done with it.

but by the time the floating platform would be lowered (so you can reach ground level safely) she would already have been carted away by the ambulance you know?

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 pm

As I said before, my character has already been established as a selfish prick, so I can't exactly deviate from that. She made her choice. She knew the risks. She brought this on herself, so she gets nothing. Additionally, I would sue the organizers for the full 2 billion dollars and then some, even if it means the French taxpayer has to foot the bill. Boo hoo.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 pm

Heloin wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:*shrug*

Why would I, as a person, have entered the competition? I view it as a character I'm playing.

The character I was playing also was willing to let a person commit suicide in front of them so I assume that character is a bit of a hard ass.

I'm sure that she would insist it was "attempted murder"

personally I'd say it was assisted killing (not quite murder since murder has to be illegal) since there was no declaration of an absolute determination to die, just a willingness to (depending on your actions)

assisted suicide would be "I want to die, 100% and right now. Kill me."

That's not QUITE how it went down
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:50 pm

New Bremerton wrote:As I said before, my character has already been established as a selfish prick, so I can't exactly deviate from that. She made her choice. She knew the risks. She brought this on herself, so she gets nothing. Additionally, I would sue the organizers for the full 2 billion dollars and then some, even if it means the French taxpayer has to foot the bill. Boo hoo.

the game is hosted internationally and by five cities/governments (I think it was Italy, Turkey, Austria, and Germany)

Leblanc just happens to be French

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:Well I'd of just walked over to her mangled body at the bottom of the death Yu-Gi-Oh thing. and shouted "Good Game" as they carted her off, and be done with it.

but by the time the floating platform would be lowered (so you can reach ground level safely) she would already have been carted away by the ambulance you know?

I'd send a get well card, with five dollars in it like grandparents across the world all seem to do.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I'd send a get well card, with five dollars in it like grandparents across the world all seem to do.

my grandparents never do that

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Its nice to see that for this hypothetical, the poll is pretty split up right now

I like that

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:02 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:The character I was playing also was willing to let a person commit suicide in front of them so I assume that character is a bit of a hard ass.

personally I'd say it was assisted killing (not quite murder since murder has to be illegal) since there was no declaration of an absolute determination to die, just a willingness to (depending on your actions)

Of course the person who fell off a floating platform would not call it attempted suicide. By the same merit you wouldn't go around telling people you attempted to kill or assisted in the attempted suicide of another person. This is more like someone jumping in front of my car and blaming me for it.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Of course the person who fell off a floating platform would not call it attempted suicide. By the same merit you wouldn't go around telling people you attempted to kill or assisted in the attempted suicide of another person. This is more like someone jumping in front of my car and blaming me for it.

well, if you were driving on the way to work, and someone stood to block you. You stopped the car and yelled, "What the hell?" And they said, "Go another way. I'm standing here. If you want to go on this road you'll have to kill me."

And you ran them down.

You saw them, had plenty of time to move the car another way, heard the warning, but decided "Screw You" and ran them down.

It would clearly be killing and not assisted suicide. The law would treat it as such, but even if we removed the law from the equation, its philosophically equivalent.

Even if they had said, "I'm willing to die to stop you from going to work driving in this particular road..." its irrelevant.

The key test is, if there is Inaction, does the person die? If the final cause of death is your action, then its assisted killing.

The only exception to this is if its euthanasia, which this isn't.

you're correct in that its not murder though because that would require actual criminality (the law in the OP allows for you to kill)
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 am

I really haven't changed my mind. That money is going to fund the various leftwing revolutionary movements in the hopes that this weird hellworld can be changed for the better.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am

Caracasus wrote:I really haven't changed my mind. That money is going to fund the various leftwing revolutionary movements in the hopes that this weird hellworld can be changed for the better.

Aye

So she gets nothing then?

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:
Maybe a million... or two. Then I will lecture her about how asinine and dumb she was for manipulating me.

so what you're saying is that her pride did her in twice?

Yep. Pride is a hurtful thing in excess. If she is prideful enough to insult me, then she would be the one that is going to the depths of the underworld.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Caracasus wrote:I really haven't changed my mind. That money is going to fund the various leftwing revolutionary movements in the hopes that this weird hellworld can be changed for the better.

Aye

So she gets nothing then?

Oh no, I'm fairly sure she'd make an excellent talking piece for underground media networks, highlighting the barbarity and bloodthrirstiness of the ruling classes.

But money? No.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:16 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:Of course the person who fell off a floating platform would not call it attempted suicide. By the same merit you wouldn't go around telling people you attempted to kill or assisted in the attempted suicide of another person. This is more like someone jumping in front of my car and blaming me for it.

well, if you were driving on the way to work, and someone stood to block you. You stopped the car and yelled, "What the hell?" And they said, "Go another way. I'm standing here. If you want to go on this road you'll have to kill me."

And you ran them down.

It would clearly be killing and not assisted suicide. The law would treat it as such, but even if we removed the law from the equation, its philosophically equivalent.

The key test is, if there is Inaction, does the person die? If the final cause of death is your action, then its assisted killing.

I meant to say that the protagonist here would see it that way. It doesn't really matter the technical. The kind of person described for the OP to work would never consider what they've done anything more then a suicidal person jumping in front of there winning move.

you're correct in that its not murder though because that would require actual criminality (the law in the OP allows for you to kill)

No.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:16 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
so what you're saying is that her pride did her in twice?

Yep. Pride is a hurtful thing in excess. If she is prideful enough to insult me, then she would be the one that is going to the depths of the underworld.

not sure about this but I think 1 USD is more than the 1 unit that was payed by the Ancient Greeks at funerals?

not sure how inflation factors or modern currency values factor in

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

not sure about this but I think 1 USD is more than the 1 unit that was payed by the Ancient Greeks at funerals?

You can't really put bills over the eyes as well as coins.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

And you ran them down.

I meant to say that the protagonist here would see it that way. It doesn't really matter the technical. The kind of person described for the OP to work would never consider what they've done anything more then a suicidal person jumping in front of there winning move.

No.

I don't think so.

The previous OP gave plenty of flexibility for you to be yourself (except for some restricted actions)

I could see a completely kind-hearted and honourable person participating in the tournament for the said reasons and making it to the finals

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:18 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

You can't really put bills over the eyes as well as coins.

Also, isn't this technically AFTER they are dead?

she's not dead

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:I meant to say that the protagonist here would see it that way. It doesn't really matter the technical. The kind of person described for the OP to work would never consider what they've done anything more then a suicidal person jumping in front of there winning move.

No.

I don't think so.

The previous OP gave plenty of flexibility for you to be yourself (except for some restricted actions)

I could see a completely kind-hearted and honourable person participating in the tournament for the said reasons and making it to the finals

I'm still not giving her any money and going think of her as having a death wish.

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:You can't really put bills over the eyes as well as coins.

she's not dead

I'm being preemptive.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I don't think so.

I'm still not giving her any money and going think of her as having a death wish.

Infected Mushroom wrote:

she's not dead

I'm being preemptive.

I mean, its ultimately up to you.

But from where I'm standing, this approach is bit insensitive.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:21 am

Givrn that she is mentally fine, her sister cannot apologize on her behalf.

I might consider it, but not right now.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The National Salvation Front for Russia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The National Salvation Front for Russia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 am

Wait a minute, her sister is also French and presumably the same age.

Well then, the answer is simple. Donate a cool million and date the sister. You know what they say about the French...
Last edited by The National Salvation Front for Russia on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Nationalist
Christian Democrat & Regionalist
Мы спасeм Россию!

Cлужить России - To Serve Russia
I support the Community for Democracy and Rights of Nations

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:42 am

The National Salvation Front for Russia wrote:Wait a minute, her sister is also French and presumably the same age.

Well then, the answer is simple. Donate a cool million and date the sister. You know what they say about the French...

what do they say about the French?

The National Salvation Front for Russia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The National Salvation Front for Russia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:44 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:what do they say about the French?

It's a joke. French people are supposed to be romantic and excellent lovers.

Haven't you consumed enough media to pick up on the obvious stereotype?
Russian Nationalist
Christian Democrat & Regionalist
Мы спасeм Россию!

Cлужить России - To Serve Russia
I support the Community for Democracy and Rights of Nations

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General