NATION

PASSWORD

ICE attempts to deport American born citizen

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am

Telconi wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Citizenship is a right and we should not deport people beacuse "you are no longer being productive".

Because the ruling party gets to decide what is and isn't productive. This can turn into tyranny very fast.

I disagree with your idea very much.

By that logic we shouldn't have any punishments at all.

What?

How is having citizenship be a right not allowing any punishments at all?

I do not understand.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am

Kollin wrote:Why are people acting like this is a new thing. American citizens getting deported by our immigration system has been happening for almost 2 decades at least.

It's not a Trump thing, it's just an incompetent government thing. This is what happens when you have 57 immigration courts in a nation of 320 million with over 10 million illegal immigrants, a back log of 500,000 cases and judges who can get fired for not meeting quota.

Trump going all gung-ho on expelling all the young strong bad hombres hardly helps matters.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

Telconi wrote:
By that logic we shouldn't have any punishments at all.

What?

I do not understand.

Punishments are literally the deprivation of rights. There are no criminal punishments that don't violate a right someone otherwise holds.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 am

Telconi wrote:
What?

I do not understand.

Punishments are literally the deprivation of rights. There are no criminal punishments that don't violate a right someone otherwise holds.

Yes. But a prisoner who is also a United States citizen still counts as a United States citizen.

They just have all there other rights removed except for that one.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am

Telconi wrote:

Yes. But a prisoner who is also a United States citizen still counts as a United States citizen.

And a stateless person isn't in a jail cell. They still have all their rights, except for that one.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am

Telconi wrote:
What?

I do not understand.

Well if you're fine with depriving someone of citizenship rights for a crime committed then I guess depriving them of their right to bear arms for the same is OK too.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Dogmeat
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 am

Telconi wrote:

And as a prisoner of the United States, you still have certain rights. Light the right against cruel and unusual punishment.
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am

Telconi wrote:

And a stateless person isn't in a jail cell. They still have all their rights, except for that one.

And that means we should deport US citizens and make them become stateless beacuse?

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am

Vassenor wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Well if you're fine with depriving someone of citizenship rights for a crime committed then I guess depriving them of their right to bear arms for the same is OK too.

Okay, and?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am

Telconi wrote:

And that means we should deport US citizens and make them become stateless beacuse?

It doesn't.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:51 am

Telconi wrote:
What?

I do not understand.

Civil rights and unalienable rights are very different things.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:52 am

Vassenor wrote:
Telconi wrote:

I don’t recall any right that protects them from being thrown into jail. Note that jail, ain’t prison. Jail holds a individual until a certain point, then they get tried in court, moved to a prison, or deported. Jail is hardly the issue, and there isn’t a right against deportation either, last time I checked. I don’t think the guy should’ve been deported, but I think its silly to say it deprives ones rights.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:53 am

Saiwania wrote:The person in question looks foreign enough, so ICE should get no blame in trying to deport him. I'd agree to a settlement though. The purpose of a lawsuit is to get compensation for damages. Its not to get rich or to be able to live in the lap of luxury or any of that nonsense, even though this is sometimes the new effect of certain cases.

This man should perhaps get up to $100,000 at most. A few years' worth of wages that his previous job would've gotten him. Enough to give him plenty of time to find a new job but not enough to retire on the spot.

God, you're a dedicated troll.
Signatures are so 2014.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:53 am

South Ccanda wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Civil rights and unalienable rights are very different things.

Sure, but I would presume 'unalienable' rights would be the more sacrosanct ones, and yet those are the ones often violated by criminal punishment.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:When Brown tried to tell officers he was born in Philadelphia, one guard sang to him the theme of the 1990s sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air," where actor Will Smith raps about being "born and raised" in West Philadelphia.

That is actually hilarious.

Also as for the rest of it, sucks for this guy to have his identity mistaken. ICE should do better diligence.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:59 am

Telconi wrote:

It doesn't.

Ok?

Well, seeing how prisoners are counted by the sensus,most people in an american prison are citizens of the US and, zed prisoners did not lose there citizenship at any time during there imprisonment, prisoners are citizens.

Just citizens that went thru the process of a fair trial and had every other right revoked excpt there citizenship right.

As the US is a member of the UN, they have a duty to not add to stateless person population.

The US should not and can not thankfully deport US citizens.

Despite this recent ICE mistake.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Telconi wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:Civil rights and unalienable rights are very different things.

Sure, but I would presume 'unalienable' rights would be the more sacrosanct ones, and yet those are the ones often violated by criminal punishment.

Okay, so lets play devils advocate. where should we send them> Venezuela? Russia? How about North Korea?
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Telconi wrote:
It doesn't.

Ok?

Well, seeing how prisoners are counted by the sensus,most people in an american prison are citizens of the US and, zed prisoners did not lose there citizenship at any time during there imprisonment, prisoners are citizens.

Just citizens that went thru the process of a fair trial and had every other right revoked excpt there citizenship right.

As the US is a member of the UN, they have a duty to not add to stateless person population.

Yes, I know how prison works.

The operative point is that deportation and revokation of citizenship, what is functionally modern day exile, is no more a violation of one's rights, or potentially abused, than any other punishment we have.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Telconi wrote:
Ok?

The operative point is that deportation and revokation of citizenship, what is functionally modern day exile, is no more a violation of one's rights, or potentially abused, than any other punishment we have.

Even then, don’t you think its a tad excessive, not to mention exspensive to deport someone who is hardly worth it? I think its better spent on deporting illegal immigrants and those who dare break the law via nation border and etc.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Even then, don’t you think its a tad excessive, not to mention exspensive to deport someone who is hardly worth it? I think its better spent on deporting illegal immigrants and those who dare break the law via nation border and etc.

I think deportation is a pretty rediculous punishment, but I just think people who pretend it's categorically worse than other punishments we utilize are equally rediculous. I mean, we literally put people in cement boxes until they die. Shit, this country killed a man by passing electricity through his body just yesterday.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Citizenship is a right and we should not deport people beacuse "you are no longer being productive".

Because the ruling party gets to decide what is and isn't productive. This can turn into tyranny very fast.

I disagree with your idea very much.

If it was up to Trump, he would deport that 60% of Americans who disapprove of him and retain only his loyal fanbase and a few undecided people, turning America into the Beverely Hillbillies and making America a 5th world country

You mean rich people with loads of money that don’t fit in? Because that’s what Beverley Hillbillies is about
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
Well, not under current law, no. I agree. Under current US law, the US isn't allowed to make its own citizens Stateless. But it should. If society is better off without a parasitic individual in its borders sucking up limited resources and contributing to public nuisances and menacing our communities, we should be able to eject him. We need to move away from this notion that citizenship within a community is a right, it's not. The community should be able to eject you when you're no longer being productive.

hell, why deport the pot smoker when we can just kill them? deportation costs hundreds of dollars, but a 9mm bullet is just 15 cents a round!

Completely agree, glad someone sees what's important.

Unless you're being sarcastic.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Purgatio wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:hell, why deport the pot smoker when we can just kill them? deportation costs hundreds of dollars, but a 9mm bullet is just 15 cents a round!

Are you perhaps, from the Philippines....? I’m pretty sure you would support the Philippine President for his, “this will be your last Christmas, drugged peeps,” talk...
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

Are you perhaps, from the Philippines....?

Singapore, as I've mentioned above.

I don't agree with what's happening in the Philippines because extra-judicial death squads have no regulations and have a high propensity to kill perfectly innocent people. I don't have an issue with an institutionalised justice system, with checks and balances, making liberal use of the death penalty against drug criminals convicted in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt. Let's not conflate the two.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Are you perhaps, from the Philippines....?

Singapore, as I've mentioned above.

I don't agree with what's happening in the Philippines because extra-judicial death squads have no regulations and have a high propensity to kill perfectly innocent people. I don't have an issue with an institutionalised justice system, with checks and balances, making liberal use of the death penalty against drug criminals convicted in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt. Let's not conflate the two.

*shrugs*

Fair enough, although I rather hope that more youthful and more naive individuals don’t get the executed
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General