NATION

PASSWORD

ICE attempts to deport American born citizen

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Novus America wrote:
What regular police force? There is no “regular US police force”.

I'm kind of curious what you mean by this.

Methinks he means there's no federal police agency, which is kind of half-true. The Federal government has dozens of agencies for specific enforcement, and the FBI tracks crimes that happen across state lines.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Novus America wrote:
What regular police force? There is no “regular US police force”.

I'm kind of curious what you mean by this.

Regular policing in the US is done at the municipal and county level mostly. So there are literally thousands of regular police forces, none of which can be required to enforce federal law.

Different federal agencies have specialized forces to enforce particular areas of law.
So there is no singular regular police force to do what ICE does.

The US is a Union of 50 partially sovereign states (and some territories) with a wide degree of autonomy, and most of the states grant a great degree of autonomy to cities and counties.

It functions more like (a more functional) EU than a single unitary state.

And there are approximately 18,000 police forces in the US.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Kaggeceria
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaggeceria » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:55 am

Shame. They're wasting time on him when they could be deporting actual illegal immigrante.
The Kaggecerian Realm (PMT)
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe
NSG's only Jewish Nazi with the spookiest flag

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:08 am

Kaggeceria wrote:Shame. They're wasting time on him when they could be deporting actual illegal immigrante.

This is the US we are talking about, thus their efficiency at actually doing things can be compared to using men on threadmills to power cities.

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:57 am

I find it really funny how conservative americans voted for Trump because Hillary would abuse state powers and ruin the economy with new taxes. Then Trump introduced taxes through tariffs and started rounding up people, from immigrants to citizens.

Abolishing ICE won't solve the problem. It's the Republican cronies in charge that you need to abolish.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 am

This is a clusterfuck on all accounts. Sure, if the man did something wrong, maybe slap him with a light fine, since... Unless he's smoking weed and driving or endangering lives, breaking that law shouldn't land you in deportation.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 am

-Ocelot- wrote:I find it really funny how conservative americans voted for Trump because Hillary would abuse state powers and ruin the economy with new taxes. Then Trump introduced taxes through tariffs and started rounding up people, from immigrants to citizens.

Abolishing ICE won't solve the problem. It's the Republican cronies in charge that you need to abolish.

Here's an even better idea: Abolish both the Democrats and Republicans and proclaim the American State under Jim Mattis.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:08 am

Kaggeceria wrote:Shame. They're wasting time on him when they could be deporting actual illegal immigrants.

No "there but for the grace of the God-Emperor go I"? No recognition that strict maximalist unforgiving interpretations of laws already on the books always makes for abuse and corruption? Nothing about "they're arresting anyone who looks foreign enough" that makes you go "what's next? who's next?"

For the way I see it, this is an avalanche of Know-Nothing shit, and now it's rolling fucking downhill.

Arayas
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arayas » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:17 am

Imagine if the NPCs that say abolish ice treated invaders with the same level of collectivized guilt as they do ICE. But that would require a working brain.
“Fascism was born to inspire a faith not of the Right (which at bottom aspires to conserve everything, even injustice) or of the Left (which at bottom aspires to destroy everything, even goodness), but a collective, integral, national faith.”— José Antonio Primo de Rivera

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:22 am

Arayas wrote:Imagine if the NPCs that say abolish ice treated invaders with the same level of collectivized guilt as they do ICE. But that would require a working brain.

Listen, as much as I love memes, we don't deal in memes here in NSG, but rather in proper arguments (i.e. not going "lol fuken npc").

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 am

Arayas wrote:Imagine if the NPCs that say abolish ice treated invaders with the same level of collectivized guilt as they do ICE. But that would require a working brain.

I'm sorry but you're a bit late to the party, Summer ended ~2 months ago.

Please refrain from posting until Friday, June 21st, 2019.
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 am

Here's a thought that hasn't had its season in a mad long while (I begin to feel me age as I type this): this sort of shit is the natural result of immigrants becoming social pariahs, everywhere -- even in my country -- in the Philippines, not particularly known for fucking xenophobia -- people now talk about the influx of Chinese workers as if they're footsoldiers for the People's Liberation Army. The consequence of turning from "eh, these migrants are here to work and live and meh as long as they don't do shit I won't mind" to "OHSHITFOREIGNERSTHEYGONNAKILLUSAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"!

Now why don't we people stop with that shit? It's gone ridiculous, and I for one am having a tiresome time irl telling my fellow compatriots to lay off the meth.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:25 am

Imagine if you come up from your bunker and see that the world ain't trying to kill you, how about it?

Nation Tracker
Secretary

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nation Tracker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:32 am

Valrifell wrote:A government agency that relies on the cooperation of people that can't get people to cooperate with it is fucking abysmally pointless.

By that standard, we should also abolish the IRS.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:54 am

Saiwania wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:My lord you're despicable. "Looks foreign enough"?

If most people in my country were Black for example, and I was one of the only Whites; it'd be understandable that I could be deported in that scenario. This guy doesn't even look like your typical African American. He looks like he's from the Caribbean. By looks alone though, you wouldn't be able to tell where he's from. No idea if he has any specific accent when speaking.

Trump unlike any President before him, has the gall to actually bring about a secured border via physical force. This is worthy of much praise.

Jesus what the fuck? No, that's not acceptable, that's never acceptable! Abuse of power, especially to sate a private dicktastic sadistic whim is never, ever acceptable!

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:58 am

Yeah they made a mistake but don't expect to shed a tear that a criminal almost got kicked out of the US. That's what I call a harmless administrative error, at best. I really don't get what all the fuss is about.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:59 am

Purgatio wrote:Yeah they made a mistake but don't expect to shed a tear that a criminal almost got kicked out of the US. That's what I call a harmless administrative error, at best. I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

Because it's generally accepted that you can't deport actual citizens.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:59 am

Vassenor wrote:
Purgatio wrote:Yeah they made a mistake but don't expect to shed a tear that a criminal almost got kicked out of the US. That's what I call a harmless administrative error, at best. I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

Like I said, harmless administrative error. It's an error, yes, but no one got hurt, who cares.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:01 am

Duhon wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
If most people in my country were Black for example, and I was one of the only Whites; it'd be understandable that I could be deported in that scenario. This guy doesn't even look like your typical African American. He looks like he's from the Caribbean. By looks alone though, you wouldn't be able to tell where he's from. No idea if he has any specific accent when speaking.

Trump unlike any President before him, has the gall to actually bring about a secured border via physical force. This is worthy of much praise.

Jesus what the fuck? No, that's not acceptable, that's never acceptable! Abuse of power, especially to sate a private dicktastic sadistic whim is never, ever acceptable!

You're talking to the person who nearly had a panic attack and actually threw a tantrum over the very idea that black people could have eye colors that weren't brown or hazel.

You're not going to convince him that behavior similar to the stuff he's presenting isn't acceptable.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:03 am

Saiwania wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:My lord you're despicable. "Looks foreign enough"?

I live in Singapore, where 75% of the population is Chinese. If tomorrow the Singapore police rounded up every Malay, Indian and Caucasian they found and booted them out of the country, would that be okay?

Because last I checked, under the Rome Statute that's a little something called ethnic cleansing

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 am

Almost getting deported to a place you've never been to your entire life is not "harmless". Sure, it didn't happen here, but what's to stop an agency at the vanguard of the Trump administration's efforts to rid itself of all illegal immigrants whatever their status from abusing its power, if those in power are so willing to tar ALL immigrants as potential criminals, as invaders on the make?

Zealots are not known for their moderation.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 am

Duhon wrote:

Almost getting deported to a place you've never been to your entire life is not "harmless". Sure, it didn't happen here, but what's to stop an agency at the vanguard of the Trump administration's efforts to rid itself of all illegal immigrants whatever their status from abusing its power, if those in power are so willing to tar ALL immigrants as potential criminals, as invaders on the make?

It's harmless because the guy's still a criminal, he broke the law while he was on parole. Talk about squandering a second chance handed to you by society. So yeah, sorry, I'm really not gonna shed a tear.

Now, if ICE was going around arresting random Hispanic-Americans who did nothing wrong for no other reason than their race, and then mistakenly trying to deport them, then I'd be concerned. But sorry, I'm not going to feel sorry that a criminal almost got deported, I just can't bring it in me to shed a tear for this guy even if I tried.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:11 am

Purgatio wrote:
Duhon wrote:

It's harmless because the guy's still a criminal, he broke the law while he was on parole. Talk about squandering a second chance handed to you by society. So yeah, sorry, I'm really not gonna shed a tear.

Now, if ICE was going around arresting random Hispanic-Americans who did nothing wrong for no other reason than their race, and then mistakenly trying to deport them, then I'd be concerned. But sorry, I'm not going to feel sorry that a criminal almost got deported, I just can't bring it in me to shed a tear for this guy even if I tried.

Or we could just, you know, leave Penal Transportation in the 19th century where it belongs.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:13 am

Purgatio wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Like I said, harmless administrative error. It's an error, yes, but no one got hurt, who cares.

The dude lost his job and suffered psychological stress as a result of his detention, I’d hardly say that this was harmless.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:13 am

Vassenor wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

Or we could just, you know, leave Penal Transportation in the 19th century where it belongs.

I don't wanna derail the thread but - I'm genuinely curious, what exactly is so wrong about penal transportation?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General