NATION

PASSWORD

#MeToo Becomes #LeaveMeAlone

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:36 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Byzconia wrote:Was away for a day and came back to see this thread blown up. Caught up on what I could, but couldn't read all of it. From what I saw, most of the arguments for why #MeToo sucks are apparently coming from self-professed "socially awkward" guys who struggle with talking to women. Color me surprised.

Sure, if you wanna be a bigot and bunch up the societal assholes (the self-declared "nice guys") with those who have genuine disadvantages when it comes to social interactions (and I don't just mean autism, I mean people with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder, people with pronounced lisps and stutters, etc)...

This is another good example of how the feminist narrative and its movement don't give a single fuck about men, their experience, or their circumstance, and how the framework is only concerned with women's experiences (Which, as i've pointed out, necessarily results in misandrist sexism, the dehumanization of men, etc.) The diversity of men is entirely ignored because they simply do not give a single fuck, since it (In a very blunt and short-term sense) gets in the way of what women want to acknowledge that. The anger and fury at men being people with their own perspective and experiences rather than NPCs they can command to do whatever they want is at times palpable.

The feminist ideology also causes dysfunctional understanding of reality in the adherent because of its impulsive framing of things as womens issues, again, without due consideration given to mens circumstance.

In this case, the issue of courting, virgin shaming, and so on, and womens refusal to do their share of the courting-work and the impact this has on men and their wellbeing. Socially disabled, inept and awkward women can simply not participate and will have a far easier time of it then men who refuse to participate. The men getting catcalled and dealing with awkward and inappropriate social situations from women exist in far less numbers as a consequence.

But because feminists impulsively view any disparity as the fault of the mens mindsets and behaviors and disadvantaging women, they see a situation like women getting catcalled more and then up and decide its due to some plot by men to fuck them over. After all, its bad, and anything bad has to be sourced in men and their behavior.

Whereas the reality is that the feminist movement fucked up the sexual revolution as a result of their self-centered and gynocentric framework (believing that all they needed to do was fix womens experience of it and mens would work itself out) and left men stuck in a bind (A great example of how the trickle down equality shit feminists believe is a nonsense, and stems from the impulse to believe that womens wellbeing is the center of the universe and defines everything about it.) and now they're demonizing MGTOW and the MRM who could actually fix the issue and do what feminists failed to do.

This is all a natural consequence of feminists and their big fuck up on the topic. They looked at two abusive partners and up and decided one of them was being abusive, then escalated the level of abuse from one partner while minimizing it in the other. MRAs being "One-sided" is a consequence of feminism and its misframing of the issues and the dynamics behind sexism.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:This is another good example of how the feminist narrative and its movement don't give a single fuck about men, their experience, or their circumstance, and how the framework is only concerned with women's experiences (Which, as i've pointed out, necessarily results in misandrist sexism, the dehumanization of men, etc.) The diversity of men is entirely ignored because they simply do not give a single fuck, since it (In a very blunt and short-term sense) gets in the way of what women want to acknowledge that. The anger and fury at men being people with their own perspective and experiences rather than NPCs they can command to do whatever they want is at times palpable.
In fariness, #metoo was never really about men or women and the witchhunt (perceived or real) is just excessive mission creep, at least according to Tarana Burke:

"This is a movement about the 1 in 4 girls and the 1 in 6 boys who are sexually abused every year and who carry those wounds into adulthood."

You could argue that's going to affect men more than women since men are more often reported as perps of sexual abuse of children. I'd argue that anything that makes people more aware of sexual abuse of children will probably mean more women will be reported in proportion to the number of men (and it would help as soon as the press stop framing pretty teachers as "having sex" with 13 year olds whilst framing male teachers as abusers. That disparity has to be stopped as the crap it is. Female teachers right now are the Catholic Priesthood of the past).

So yeah, I get why she thinks it's unrecognisable to her when it's been hijacked by pretty Hollywood types for other purposes, so it's perhaps inevitable that Wall Street Types and everyone else thinks they know what it's about and have this distorted picture.

But then again, whose fault is that really: the people who hijacked it, or the person who is trying to reclaim it :?:
Last edited by Hirota on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:11 am

Byzconia wrote:"Frame men." And there it is. You literally can't even talk about this without showing that you automatically assume that all of those women are lying.

I don't automatically assume all women are liars. That's a projection of your beliefs anymore than what I consider #MeToo to be is anymore a projection of mine.

Please, tell me, what exactly do these women have to gain from false accusations? Getting famous?

Lots of things.

You know who's not afraid of being accused of rape? Men who aren't rapists.

So being cautious and avoiding unnecessary risks is covering up for being a rapist now? Excellent.

Like I've already said, false accusations do happen, but at the rate you're suggesting? Absurd.

Ah, you're one of those "I acknowledge things happen but they're so insignificant it's not worth taking seriously" feminists.

I am a man.

And that somehow is supposed to make your opinions less shit because you have a penis?

The only people opposed to #MeToo are misogynists who're pissed off that it's not 1950 anymore women are finally standing up for themselves.

I'm amused you think this is an inspirational women standing up to Evil White Men (TM). But then again it's probably not that surprising.

The only dangerous ones here are the men who won't keep it in their fucking pants.

I'm liking the irony of this statement.
Last edited by Costa Fierro on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:51 am

Byzconia wrote:
"Frame men." And there it is. You literally can't even talk about this without showing that you automatically assume that all of those women are lying.

All? No. Some? Yes.

Please, tell me, what exactly do these women have to gain from false accusations?

Plenty of things, but lashing out to feel powerful by harming others is not necessarily about "gaining" anything other than a buzz from your predatory behavior.

Did the International Feminist Conspiracy^TM send out a memo to hundreds of different women to start accusing various men?

Prejudice and bias isn't a conspiracy. Racism isn't a conspiracy. Sexism isn't a conspiracy. Feminist misandry isn't a conspiracy. If you think people accusing feminists of sexism are necessarily accusing them of conscious and deliberate malice then that speaks volumes about you and why you're probably someone who thinks in a sexist way, you've never bothered to consider feminist bias and prejudice as possible and reflexively dismiss criticism of feminists as accusations of conspiracy, thus never self-reflecting.

You know who's not afraid of being accused of rape? Men who aren't rapists.

Oh look, it's a trite, flippant and vitriolic attack on men voicing their concerns about feminism and the way its harming them, driving them out of the conversation with abusive rhetoric and making it clear there's no point engaging with you because you'll come out with these kind of nonsense attacks. (Like, say, the CEOs who have decided to just withdraw rather than engage because you've made it clear you're not interested in conversation, only assertion of abusive dogma.).

Know who else is afraid?
Plenty of normal men who've seen the way false accusations ruin lives. How about minority men? Feminist campus witch hunts disproportionately impact minorities, you know. Not that white men don't also have cause for concern.

Maybe if women were held accountable for rape more often they'd start being afraid of false accusations too, you ever think of that?

I've worked with several women, been alone with several women. Never once been accused of raping anyone, nor would such an accusation get very far.

Me too. How do you know it wouldn't get very far? It has for plenty of men and ruined their lives.

Like I've already said, false accusations do happen, but at the rate you're suggesting? Absurd.

2-10% of accusations reported to the police are false. Ones that don't report to the police are probably even higher. In many cases, a woman rapist accuses their victim to seize the initiative.

A) I am a man.

You're a feminist.

B) Horseshit. The only people opposed to #MeToo are misogynists who're pissed off that it's not 1950 anymore women are finally standing up for themselves. The only dangerous ones here are the men who won't keep it in their fucking pants.

What about women perpetrators? Curious that you ignored them here, almost like you're utilizing a sexist framework.

Other than that, this is once again merely abusing your critics instead of engaging with them and gaslighting everyone over their intentions. Courts have routinely ruled that the feminist demands about rape on campus violate due process rights of the accused. Are human rights a 1950s thing? Is violating peoples due process not dangerous?

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/opinio ... 255570002/

You don't engage with reality, merely feminist paranoid lies about their critics and how they are secretly evil. For someone throwing out the "Conspiracy" accusation, you're sure fond of it yourself. No, our criticism is what we say it is and rooted in that, and if you can't honestly engage with it and have to resort to accusing people of being secretly part of a plot to hurt women, that speaks volumes about the kind of movement you're in and the coherency of its arguments. You're no better than someone who screams "You just hate jesus!" in response to criticism of theocracy, that's the level you and your peers operate at.

Meanwhile the rest of us deal with shit like due process violations and criticism of your hate movement and its push to violate legislatively guaranteed human rights. While you go around throwing out abusive lies about your critics intent and refusing to deal with the evidence they show you, we deal with actual evidence of your movements misconduct and don't comment on your intent, you are projecting your own flaws on to us. Not everyone thinks like feminists do, sorry to break it to you.

The reason you've come out with such abusive tactics is that feminism is a hate movement that doesn't actually engage with its critics, because the only way feminists can keep believing in feminism is if they mentally shut down and resort to logical fallacies and tribalism to insulate the adherent from evidence against their nonsense, just like you are doing here. So there's constant buzz phrases circulated between feminists that these people *think* is a coherent argument, but boils down to "You're evil and I don't have to listen to you or engage with your evidence!" over and over. You're like if someone said "The only reason someone would push the lie about global warming is that they hate america and want china to win.".
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 am

Bombadil wrote:
Making heavily distorted statements that Pelosi is supporting the oppression of black males directly doesn't super help the conversation.

(Quoting to continue the chain on politicians and sexism.)

How about Gilibrand and open sexism against men?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/com ... /?sort=top

"It's an equality movement."

Peterson is right about one thing. Women are not suited for physical aggression and so most times use psychological abuse when they want to lash out. All the gaslighting and insincere advancing of sexism while using sophistry and word games to gaslight their victims and all that by denying they are fucking with the lights right in front of them and then vitriolically vilifying and abusing them for pointing it out?

That's what a system of women oppressing others looks like. You have to accept its pointless to engage with these people compared to pointing out to others what they are doing and that they need to help us stop them. These people are not reachable with words because they are intent on using words as weapons.

Or Clinton and her "primary victims" comment about war?

On the topic of rape hysteria and feminists making it clear men shouldn't associate with women anymore, how about Gilibrand posting shit like "The future is female" and having the record of inviting proven false accusers to the state of the union? (Mattress girl.)

Or how about that speaker at the womens march who raped and tortured a man and got applause for saying women going to prison is unfair because its a system built by/for men and how harrowing her experience was being locked up? (She was not mistreated. Merely imprisoned.).

Trump is abnormal and that's the point. Political antipathy and hatred of men is the norm. Acting like "Grab em by the pussy" is indicative of anything is ridiculous given the shitstorm it caused compared to the routine, normalized, and entrenched political misandry men put up with.

Tell me, were "Grab em by the pussy" shirts sold en masse? Was it touted as an empowering message for men to take to heart? How about mugs, did they put mugs out there saying "They're rapists, they're criminals, and some I assume are good people" like happened with male tears and so on?

Trumps election comes down to him being a fucking molotov cocktail thrown into the establishment specifically because he's everything they aren't. At least, that was the idea. Feminist misandry? it's just what they are, it's what our society is.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 am, edited 12 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 am

I do believe I got skipped. Curse you, last post of the page.

Galloism wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Right.. yeah I went and read up on it by googling 'Title IX racist'.. I mean it's not like Title IX is aimed at oppressing black males, it seems a poor side effect of racism and note..

But a number of academics and lawyers, among them a group of feminist Harvard law professors (including Gertner) who released a public letter in August calling for reform, have cited reasons Title IX policies should concern progressives, too: that overly broad definitions of misconduct, encompassing most drunken encounters, threaten to erode distinctions between consensual and nonconsensual sex; that anecdotal evidence (there’s little hard data available) suggests men of color are disproportionately punished; that a conservative administration could co-opt the campus-rape debate to further its own aims; or that perceptions of bias could trigger a backlash casting women as liars.

..and overall Title IX was aimed at addressing this..

Federal statistics compiled by the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network show that only 310 out of 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to the police. Just 11 of those are referred for prosecution, and just seven lead to felony convictions. Even if the criminal-justice system pursued sexual-assault allegations more aggressively, college victims would still have to face the accused on campus as investigations and prosecutions drag on for months, or even years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/maga ... le-ix.html

Making heavily distorted statements that Pelosi is supporting the oppression of black males directly doesn't super help the conversation.

Oh no, it's not direct. It's just an obvious consequence of the Obama-era policy, pretty well known, and I'm sure she's just super ignorant about it.

To be clear, I'm not saying she hates black men and is directly trying to oppress them.

She just doesn't care compared to the agenda to strip due process from administrative hearings held by these quasi-governmental agencies we call "universities". It's not malicious, probably. It's deliberate indifference to the oppression the policy is causing, and an attempt to continue it regardless of who it hurts.

Which is pretty much a lot more consequential than being horrible on tape. The being horrible on tape is, in fact, horrible, but not caring that you're denying men in general and black men in particular an education on the basis of their gender and race is definitely worse.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Kaggeceria wrote:Jesus fucking Christ. What draconian bullshit.

Yes. It's absolutely wrong that anyone ever thought that this is the way law ought to work.

You can think the anti-rape portion of the feminist movement for pushing hard to reverse the burden of proof. (or, more accurately, the anti-rape of women portion. no one cares about men who are raped.)

What was that Vassenor? No one says they want guilty until proven innocent? How did it get in the law they pushed then, and as far back as 1975 at that?

Vassenor wrote:
New Tryphalia wrote:
She said "believe." Belief isn't a skeptical, rational consideration or openness to something. It's a blind acceptance on faith, without any evidentiary support for such a conclusion whatsoever.

You mean like the belief that feminists want rape accused to be treated as guilty until proven innocent?

Better start believing, Vassenor.
Last edited by Galloism on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Liriena wrote:Bunch of bourgeois men learning the wrong lesson from #MeToo. How shocking.

As avoiding women means they don't harass them either. In the end game, the goal of reducing sexual harassment seems to be reached but the methods are not as desired.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Occasionally this thing called work intrudes most rudely on my full time occupation of correcting people who are wrong on the Internet.

However, I mean, if I was to list out the sexist bullshit and laws put forward by make politicians I'd probably break NSG, and I'd be really surprised if there weren't 'grab 'em by the pussy' t-shirts.

However I'll probably get back on this tomorrow.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Liriena wrote:Bunch of bourgeois men learning the wrong lesson from #MeToo. How shocking.

As avoiding women means they don't harass them either. In the end game, the goal of reducing sexual harassment seems to be reached but the methods are not as desired.

Ironic, eh?

#MeToo is achieving results, but the wrong ones.

Not to mention is also particularly affects men like me who is particularly vulnerable to being accused over a misunderstanding or misplaced comment.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Bombadil wrote:Occasionally this thing called work intrudes most rudely on my full time occupation of correcting people who are wrong on the Internet.

However, I mean, if I was to list out the sexist bullshit and laws put forward by make politicians I'd probably break NSG, and I'd be really surprised if there weren't 'grab 'em by the pussy' t-shirts.

However I'll probably get back on this tomorrow.

And if you went the anti-trans military thing, that would have been a lot better than saying bad things on tape.

I'll agree with you that such things are horrible, and on par with trying to deny people education based on their sex and race (like Pelosi and a number of other parties are so horribly criminally indifferent to), but that wasn't the example you used. Use better examples.
Last edited by Galloism on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:09 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:As avoiding women means they don't harass them either. In the end game, the goal of reducing sexual harassment seems to be reached but the methods are not as desired.

Ironic, eh?

#MeToo is achieving results, but the wrong ones.

Not to mention is also particularly affects men like me who is particularly vulnerable to being accused over a misunderstanding or misplaced comment.

Have you considered going to the MRM and asking for help with your situation? We've helped a lot of men with troubles here come to terms with things.
Ostro.MOV

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Byzconia wrote:
"Frame men." And there it is. You literally can't even talk about this without showing that you automatically assume that all of those women are lying.

Please, tell me, what exactly do these women have to gain from false accusations? Getting famous? How many of Bill Cosby's accusers can you name without Google? For that matter, they get threatened, harassed, insulted. Yeah, sure seems like they have a lot to gain. Not to mention the sheer scope of it all. Did the International Feminist Conspiracy^TM send out a memo to hundreds of different women to start accusing various men?

You know who's not afraid of being accused of rape? Men who aren't rapists. I've worked with several women, been alone with several women. Never once been accused of raping anyone, nor would such an accusation get very far.

A) I am a man.

B) Horseshit. The only people opposed to #MeToo are misogynists who're pissed off that it's not 1950 anymore women are finally standing up for themselves. The only dangerous ones here are the men who won't keep it in their fucking pants.

Money, attention, revenge, to quiet the voices in their heads? This happens. We know it does, we've watched it happen. We watched Tawana Brawley get a free education from donors and jewelry from celebrites, we watched Wanetta Gibson take in 1.5 million dollars after she stole 5 years of Brian Banks life and derailed his career. When Emmet Till was lynched we watched Carolyn Bryantz give sworn testimony that this murdered child harassed and attacked her. Are you confused about why a person would do something awful or about whether or not women are people?

Why would an accusation against you not get far if the idea is "believe women?" If you had consensual sex with a woman what possible evidence could you provide that you didn't rape her? The people who aren't worried about false accusations are the same people who walk in lightning storms, don't get struck, and insist it's safe.

#Metoo is a terrible movement that gives too much power to the court of public opinion. People should feel comfortable sharing their experiences and seeking support but when that becomes "assume guilt" and people's lives and livelihoods are being effected by accusations they can't possibly defend against it's a real problem.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Byzconia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzconia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Byzconia wrote:Was away for a day and came back to see this thread blown up. Caught up on what I could, but couldn't read all of it. From what I saw, most of the arguments for why #MeToo sucks are apparently coming from self-professed "socially awkward" guys who struggle with talking to women. Color me surprised.

Sure, if you wanna be a bigot and bunch up the societal assholes (the self-declared "nice guys") with those who have genuine disadvantages when it comes to social interactions (and I don't just mean autism, I mean people with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder, people with pronounced lisps and stutters, etc)...

What--what does that have to do with what I said? Grasping at straws a bit, bub.
Democratic Socialist Republic of Byzconia: a post-colonial Francophone African nation currently undergoing authoritarian backsliding, set in a world where the Eastern Bloc liberalized rather than collapsing.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Byzconia wrote:

What--what does that have to do with what I said? Grasping at straws a bit, bub.

The phrase "self-professed "socially awkward" guys who struggle with talking to women" that you typed made no visible or clear distinction between the stereotypical "nice guy" (i.e. those who think they are entitled to sexual favours just for being nice to women) and the men with genuine conditions, may it be mental (including developmental) or physical that impact their social interactions.

Make a distinction next time, will ya?

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm

I have always treated women this way. Until I knew I could trust them, I never went anywhere I was alone with them. All it takes is an accurate description of a car or house and a man can be charged with rape.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Prunasia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prunasia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:39 pm

As much as I support the idea of women who have been raped and or sexually harassed coming out to speak about their experiences, I absolutely despise the role the public that it has taken as the informal jury.

Byzconia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzconia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:This is another good example of how the feminist narrative and its movement don't give a single fuck about men, their experience, or their circumstance, and how the framework is only concerned with women's experiences (Which, as i've pointed out, necessarily results in misandrist sexism, the dehumanization of men, etc.) The diversity of men is entirely ignored because they simply do not give a single fuck, since it (In a very blunt and short-term sense) gets in the way of what women want to acknowledge that. The anger and fury at men being people with their own perspective and experiences rather than NPCs they can command to do whatever they want is at times palpable.

This is literally a rant about nothing. "Wahh, feminists are the cause of all of my problems!" bell hooks has literally been writing for years about how sexism and misogyny contribute to the oppression of men by other men, but who needs nuance and complexity when you can bitch about your made-up boogeyman, am I right?

The feminist ideology also causes dysfunctional understanding of reality in the adherent because of its impulsive framing of things as womens issues, again, without due consideration given to mens circumstance.

Literally not what feminism is.

In this case, the issue of courting, virgin shaming, and so on, and womens refusal to do their share of the courting-work and the impact this has on men and their wellbeing.

Oh my god. :rofl: Do their share of "courting-work?" So, you're pissed off that women don't just randomly walk up to you and hit on you? Sorry, bud, but even women were to do this, you definitely wouldn't be at the top of the list (women like confident men, not babies who whine about "virgin-shaming" and "courting"--the minute you open your mouth they'd turn right around). Just go talk to women, it's not that goddamned hard. You don't even have to flirt with them, just have a normal conversation like you would with a man. Jesus.

Socially disabled, inept and awkward women can simply not participate and will have a far easier time of it then men who refuse to participate. The men getting catcalled and dealing with awkward and inappropriate social situations from women exist in far less numbers as a consequence.

Not sure what this is supposed to be about. Looks like a bunch of random garbage to me.

But because feminists impulsively view any disparity as the fault of the mens mindsets and behaviors and disadvantaging women, they see a situation like women getting catcalled more and then up and decide its due to some plot by men to fuck them over. After all, its bad, and anything bad has to be sourced in men and their behavior.

Again, what the hell are you even saying? That feminists think all men are evil because some men catcall women? No, they fucking don't. No well-regarded feminist has ever said anything like that.

*cue link to random blog where a crazy person makes this claim, followed by "THERE ARE NO WELL-REGARDED FEMINISTS, THEY ARE ALL STUPID AND CRAZY"*

Meanwhile, of course, ALL WOMEN hurt men's "wellbeing" by not doing their share in "courting-work" (Jesus, that's still fucking hilarious). Anyway, pot, meet kettle.

Whereas the reality is that the feminist movement fucked up the sexual revolution as a result of their self-centered and gynocentric framework (believing that all they needed to do was fix womens experience of it and mens would work itself out) and left men stuck in a bind (A great example of how the trickle down equality shit feminists believe is a nonsense, and stems from the impulse to believe that womens wellbeing is the center of the universe and defines everything about it.) and now they're demonizing MGTOW and the MRM who could actually fix the issue and do what feminists failed to do.

Lmao MGTOW, aka "guys who claim they're giving up on women who then congregate to bitch about women."

This is all a natural consequence of feminists and their big fuck up on the topic. They looked at two abusive partners and up and decided one of them was being abusive, then escalated the level of abuse from one partner while minimizing it in the other. MRAs being "One-sided" is a consequence of feminism and its misframing of the issues and the dynamics behind sexism.

Thank you for further illustrating my point that the main opponents of #MeToo are a bunch of whiny, pathetic incels who hate women because they won't sleep with them. I wonder how many people in this thread are just a couple of bad days away from becoming the next Elliot Rodger.

--Signed,

A Normy Cuck (me) :lol2:
Last edited by Byzconia on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Socialist Republic of Byzconia: a post-colonial Francophone African nation currently undergoing authoritarian backsliding, set in a world where the Eastern Bloc liberalized rather than collapsing.

Byzconia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzconia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:I don't automatically assume all women are liars. That's a projection of your beliefs anymore than what I consider #MeToo to be is anymore a projection of mine.

Keep telling yourself that.

Lots of things.

Like?

So being cautious and avoiding unnecessary risks is covering up for being a rapist now? Excellent.

Strawman.

Ah, you're one of those "I acknowledge things happen but they're so insignificant it's not worth taking seriously" feminists.

'Nother strawman.

And that somehow is supposed to make your opinions less shit because you have a penis?

You said, "you hate men." I was pointing out that, "No, I am a man." Anyway, you're right, it was a stupid thing to say.

What I should've said was: the idea that feminism=misandry is only held by people who have no idea what feminism is and can only see sexual relations in terms of a zero-sum competition.

I'm amused you think this is an inspirational women standing up to Evil White Men (TM). But then again it's probably not that surprising.

I literally never once mentioned skin color. Your persecution complex is showing.

The only dangerous ones here are the men who won't keep it in their fucking pants.

I'm liking the irony of this statement.

...I don't think you know what the word "irony" means.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Byzconia wrote:Keep telling yourself that.

I see you're going to be as pleasant as the other feminists I've dealt with.

Like?

What others have said here.

Strawman.

It's not when you say "the only people who should be worried are rapists".

'Nother strawman.

It's a rather apt description of the attitude many people like you have. Seen it before, and no doubt I'll see it again.

You said, "you hate men." I was pointing out that, "No, I am a man." Anyway, you're right, it was a stupid thing to say.

Men can hate other men and hate themselves.

What I should've said was: the idea that feminism=misandry is only held by people who have no idea what feminism is and can only see sexual relations in terms of a zero-sum competition.

Oh it's that sad excuse for a counterargument again. Golly gee, where have I seen that before?

I literally never once mentioned skin color. Your persecution complex is showing.

Come on, at least try. You've got a decent opinion in there, it just needs to be set free.

..I don't think you know what the word "irony" means.

I do. Should I explain to you? I mean I shouldn't have to, clearly someone as well versed on feminism as you would see the irony of telling men to regulate their sexual behaviour.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Kubrath
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kubrath » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 pm

If any of y'all are following the Jeffrey Epstein case, you'd understand why #MeToo exists and will keep going. There are Epsteins fucking everywhere in the upper echelons of power, be they public or private. If they're gonna isolate women, then women will end up doing the sensible thing and just do their own thing, as they already are by the way. With male fertility declining, and men becoming whinier and more insecure by the decade, I can really see women gaining the upper hand in the distant future, and frankly, I wouldn't mind.
Kubrath Embassy Program
If your commanders are surprised every time they lose a squad, they probably die several minutes into a campaign due to being critically over-gasped.

North Valinka: What kind of an oxymoron is "Libertarian Police State"?
Petroviya: It arrests law makers.

Phocidaea wrote:Maybe democracy isn't the way?

Of course democracy is the way, dammit! There is no such thing as too much democracy!

Fuckin' dictatorships.

Sociobiology wrote:This is the problem with trying to understand the universe with a brain evolved to find ripe fruit and scream defiance at the ape in the next tree.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Kubrath wrote:If any of y'all are following the Jeffrey Epstein case, you'd understand why #MeToo exists and will keep going. There are Epsteins fucking everywhere in the upper echelons of power, be they public or private. If they're gonna isolate women, then women will end up doing the sensible thing and just do their own thing, as they already are by the way. With male fertility declining, and men becoming whinier and more insecure by the decade, I can really see women gaining the upper hand in the distant future, and frankly, I wouldn't mind.

It's nice to get a taste of some gender studies bullshit.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 pm

Byzconia wrote:

This is literally a rant about nothing. "Wahh, feminists are the cause of all of my problems!" bell hooks has literally been writing for years about how sexism and misogyny contribute to the oppression of men by other men, but who needs nuance and complexity when you can bitch about your made-up boogeyman, am I right?

Literally not what feminism is.

In this case, the issue of courting, virgin shaming, and so on, and womens refusal to do their share of the courting-work and the impact this has on men and their wellbeing.

Oh my god. :rofl: Do their share of "courting-work?" So, you're pissed off that women don't just randomly walk up to you and hit on you? Sorry, bud, but even women were to do this, you definitely wouldn't be at the top of the list (women like confident men, not babies who whine about "virgin-shaming" and "courting"--the minute you open your mouth they'd turn right around). Just go talk to women, it's not that goddamned hard. You don't even have to flirt with them, just have a normal conversation like you would with a man. Jesus.

Socially disabled, inept and awkward women can simply not participate and will have a far easier time of it then men who refuse to participate. The men getting catcalled and dealing with awkward and inappropriate social situations from women exist in far less numbers as a consequence.

Not sure what this is supposed to be about. Looks like a bunch of random garbage to me.

Again, what the hell are you even saying? That feminists think all men are evil because some men catcall women? No, they fucking don't. No well-regarded feminist has ever said anything like that.

*cue link to random blog where a crazy person makes this claim, followed by "THERE ARE NO WELL-REGARDED FEMINISTS, THEY ARE ALL STUPID AND CRAZY"*

Meanwhile, of course, ALL WOMEN hurt men's "wellbeing" by not doing their share in "courting-work" (Jesus, that's still fucking hilarious). Anyway, pot, meet kettle.

Lmao MGTOW, aka "guys who claim they're giving up on women who then congregate to bitch about women."

Thank you for further illustrating my point that the main opponents of #MeToo are a bunch of whiny, pathetic incels who hate women because they won't sleep with them. I wonder how many people in this thread are just a couple of bad days away from becoming the next Elliot Rodger.

--Signed,

A Normy Cuck (me) :lol2:

Attack the posts, not the posters.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Sefy the Great
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sefy the Great » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Kubrath wrote:If any of y'all are following the Jeffrey Epstein case, you'd understand why #MeToo exists and will keep going. There are Epsteins fucking everywhere in the upper echelons of power, be they public or private. If they're gonna isolate women, then women will end up doing the sensible thing and just do their own thing, as they already are by the way. With male fertility declining, and men becoming whinier and more insecure by the decade, I can really see women gaining the upper hand in the distant future, and frankly, I wouldn't mind.

where did you get the idea that Male Fertility was declining?
A 12.7 civilization, according to this index.

Motto is "All shall be well, and all matter of things shall be well." but it didn't fit.
reworking history, please wait...

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 pm

Sefy the Great wrote:

where did you get the idea that Male Fertility was declining?

Male sperm counts have been declining in the West for a few years now. Doesn't mean that the majority of that post has any weight to it, it's mostly just the same crap I've seen elsewhere.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General