NATION

PASSWORD

Natural Disaster Rescue

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Linda Peterson
Civilian

Founded: Dec 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Natural Disaster Rescue

Postby Linda Peterson » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:31 am

Natural Disaster Rescue

This resolution attempts to improve current rescue techniques and regulations following natural disasters:

ACKNOWLEDGES that natural disasters claim the lives of tens of thousands of people worldwide every year.

DEFINES a natural disaster as a hurricane, tsunami or any other national-scale natural event that causes loss of life and extensive damage to property.

DECLARES that any nation that is the victim of a national disaster must provide adequate search and rescue operations and lifesaving personnel to the area of the disaster with 2 hours of receiving information of the event from either the local authorities or any citizen of the country.

INFORMS nations that of they do not, in any case, provide emergency shelter to citizens affected by a natural disaster, this should be considered a violation of international law and national leaders should be held fully accountable.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:43 am

Please reformat this according to the recommended style. Below are my constructive criticisms.

Questions:
1) What type of resolution is this?
2) What is its strength?
3) What if the nation itself is incapable of sending aid to their citizens?
4) How and why would the above inaction be a violation of international law?

Suggestions:
1) Remove the time frame,nations may be unable to take action within this timeframe.
2) Add details on the supplies given to the victims of the disaster.
3) The 2nd paragraph suggests that it is mandatory for citizens to give aid to the victims. I suggest that this be rephrased.
4) Do a redraft of this. It will look considerably better.

Edit:To submit a proposal,you are required to be in the World Assembly and have 2 endorsements.
Last edited by Pilipinas and Malaya on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Return to General Assembly