NATION

PASSWORD

Blueprint for Armageddon (WW2 Wargame, OOC Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 am

Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Deutsches Reich
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Aggressive Powers
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Reich, Whermacht, and an extensive collection of written material sitting in my library.
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2:
* Fanta was created so Coca-Cola could bypass a syrup ban on Germany and sell product locally.
* Hugo Boss helped design and supply uniforms for the Reich.
* Adolf was a dog lover. So much so in fact, that he not only passed sweeping animal rights laws in Germany, but also ordered the creation of a college for dogs so they could be taught to read and write.

(I choose these facts because lets face the truth, Nazi Germany is likely one of the most researched and discussed country topic in modern history and decided to choose some lesser known facts that may interest people. Also, posting this here as I did technically RSVP Germany on my original post)

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:51 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Country Claim

WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Reich, Whermacht, and an extensive collection of written material sitting in my library.
* Fanta was created so Coca-Cola could bypass a syrup ban on Germany and sell product locally.
* Adolf was a dog lover. So much so in fact, that he not only passed sweeping animal rights laws in Germany, but also ordered the creation of a college for dogs so they could be taught to read and write.

(I choose these facts because lets face the truth, Nazi Germany is likely one of the most researched and discussed country topic in modern history and decided to choose some lesser known facts that may interest people. Also, posting this here as I did technically RSVP Germany on my original post)

Germany has already been claimed, unfortunately. Would you be interested in another nation?
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:34 am

The IC thread is now up.

I declare this game to have begun.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Country Claim

Germany has already been claimed, unfortunately. Would you be interested in another nation?

In the future, if you are not going to let people tag rsvp in an RP while they wait for you to answer a simple question (as at the time it looked like the nation in question was reserved as a NPC) you might want to mention that as it kinda sucks tagging before work only to come home and see it given away to someone else.

Have a good RP.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Germany has already been claimed, unfortunately. Would you be interested in another nation?

In the future, if you are not going to let people tag rsvp in an RP while they wait for you to answer a simple question (as at the time it looked like the nation in question was reserved as a NPC) you might want to mention that as it kinda sucks tagging before work only to come home and see it given away to someone else.

Have a good RP.

Thanks, you too.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelent » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: The Kingdom of Yugoslavia
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Isolationist Neutral
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Yugoslavia
THREE THINGS YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IN WW2: I intend for there to be dramatic political upheaval in this Yugoslavia earlier on, and have Marshal Tito seize power from the Monarchy, so I will leave my facts Partisan related.
- In order to receive military aid from the West, Tito had to organise the Partisans from a loose network of guerrillas into regiments.
- Tito narrowly survived a German bombing raid on their headquarters, saved by the fact his dog jumped on him and absorbed shrapnel heading towards him.
- The Communist Partisans became the most powerful opposition force to Nazi Germany in WW2, overtaking the Royalist Chetniks.

Accepted and welcome!

Lunas Legion wrote:Also, quick question Fin, what's the situation regarding naval construction?

All naval construction projects which are ongoing as of July 1939 are ongoing and will finish at their OTL finish date.

You can start new construction in the IC, for simplicity, at OTL construction lengths for each vessel. If some problems pop up, you can call on me to make a decision. I didn't want to put any hard limit on how many turns each type of ship takes to build because, well, it's different for each country.

How about construction in general, like how do we go about that in the IC, since theres no template for it. Do we need a template for everything in this rp or no?
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Zelent wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Accepted and welcome!

All naval construction projects which are ongoing as of July 1939 are ongoing and will finish at their OTL finish date.

You can start new construction in the IC, for simplicity, at OTL construction lengths for each vessel. If some problems pop up, you can call on me to make a decision. I didn't want to put any hard limit on how many turns each type of ship takes to build because, well, it's different for each country.

How about construction in general, like how do we go about that in the IC, since theres no template for it. Do we need a template for everything in this rp or no?

No no, there is no template for construction, it would put too much of a workload which I am frankly not ready to deal with for now. You can go through with construction, starting or shifting military production, constructing divisions, etc. in more or less the same way as it is dealt with in standard nation RPs - without specific limits or regulations besides, obviously, realism, and not going overboard.

Which is far from a perfect system and it's probably something I should have thought about earlier, maybe actually introduced mechanics on it - but it's too late to change now. Something to keep mind for another time. :)

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Hmm, Finland, so aside from battle plans/tech/espionage, everything else goes in the IC? Can we make secret TG deals, or should those be via IC telegrams?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:15 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm, Finland, so aside from battle plans/tech/espionage, everything else goes in the IC? Can we make secret TG deals, or should those be via IC telegrams?

Of course, if you don't want the other players to see your plans, you can discuss matters and make deals in TG.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:05 am

Puertollano, the turn starts in July, not January.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am

Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Protecting Power
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Country and During World War Two
  • While the United Kingdom declared war on Nazi Germany, Nazi Germany had never declared war on the United Kingdom

• The slogan, 'Keep Calm and Carry on' was made and posted on poster by the British Government at the onset of the war and despite being widely produced was rarely ever publicized

• The Royal Navy was the largest navy at the onset of the war and dwarfed the German Navy by a large degree
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Yo Kisi.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Kisinger wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
DIPLOMATIC ALIGNMENT: Protecting Power
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: Country and During World War Two
  • While the United Kingdom declared war on Nazi Germany, Nazi Germany had never declared war on the United Kingdom

• The slogan, 'Keep Calm and Carry on' was made and posted on poster by the British Government at the onset of the war and despite being widely produced was rarely ever publicized

• The Royal Navy was the largest navy at the onset of the war and dwarfed the German Navy by a large degree

Accepted and welcome!

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Puertollano, the turn starts in July, not January.

O, sorry.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Yo Kisi.

Eyyy Lunas
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Less than 24 hours left to submit any plans you might have.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm

Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Republic of Finland
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... rld_War_II
  • Finnish submarines of the Vetehimen class served as a prototype for the extremely successful Type VII German submarine class.
  • The Finnish Civil Guard's standard issue M/28 Mosin was considered superior to the Finnish Army's own M/27 Mosin.
  • A significant amount of Estonians fought in the Finnish military to avoid allying with the Germans, and took part in many crucial battles in both the Winter and Continuation Wars.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Riysa wrote:Country Claim

COUNTRY NAME: Republic of Finland
WIKIPEDIA PAGE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... rld_War_II
  • Finnish submarines of the Vetehimen class served as a prototype for the extremely successful Type VII German submarine class.
  • The Finnish Civil Guard's standard issue M/28 Mosin was considered superior to the Finnish Army's own M/27 Mosin.
  • A significant amount of Estonians fought in the Finnish military to avoid allying with the Germans, and took part in many crucial battles in both the Winter and Continuation Wars.

Accepted and welcome!

The next turn update will be up tomorrow.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 am

The next turn has been posted.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Zelent, war plans need to be sent to me through TG, not posted in the IC.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse