NATION

PASSWORD

SUPPORT MY PROPOSAL HIV Research Institute

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Novo Ecijano
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

SUPPORT MY PROPOSAL HIV Research Institute

Postby Novo Ecijano » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:18 am

Whereas, As a members of the World Assembly we are called to strengthen diplomatic ties with each other through economic, social, and poltical support
Whereas, As a global leader it is our moral duty to uphold and to work as a humble servants for the world and for the humanity
Whereas, Sexuality is the sacred worth gift from the heavenly host in which between two heterosexuals and homosexuals can share the love intimately with each other
Whereas, We recognized the risks that can kill and hurt the humanity and in our nation as a whole
Whereas, HIV/AIDS destroy the sole objectives of love and intimacy with each and every member of the society.
And this the CALL that we must do something for PREVENTION rather than CURE
Wherefore, I am calling my colleague states for an immediate call for establishment of a research body that will give solution to this ongoing problem.

Capercom
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Capercom » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:04 am

If you're able to change the title of this topic, I would remove the "Support My Proposal" and instead insert "[DRAFT]" so it reads "[DRAFT] HIV Research Institute"

That would be more in line with commonly used formatting and acknowledges an open discussion about your drafted Proposal!
From the Desk of:
Nuky Bristow
Capercom World Assembly
Ambassador

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:08 am

OOC
Illegal for Branding.
Illegal for 'No Operative Clause'.

GenSec is discussing whether HIV & AIDS count as RL References, but those are probably legal.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 am

"Why specifically HIV?" asks Inan, acting ambassador for Essu Beti in Iksana's absence. "Why does that disease deserve more attention than typhus, or the flu, or lepto?"

"And why should we only work as "humble servants" for humanity?" grumbles Muru, the elven intern. "I haven't heard of HIV, so I assume it's a human-only disease from one of those mostly human countries?"
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Novo Ecijano wrote:Whereas, As a members of the World Assembly we are called to strengthen diplomatic ties with each other through economic, social, and poltical support
Whereas, As a global leader it is our moral duty to uphold and to work as a humble servants for the world and for the humanity
Whereas, Sexuality is the sacred worth gift from the heavenly host in which between two heterosexuals and homosexuals can share the love intimately with each other
Whereas, We recognized the risks that can kill and hurt the humanity and in our nation as a whole
Whereas, HIV/AIDS destroy the sole objectives of love and intimacy with each and every member of the society.
And this the CALL that we must do something for PREVENTION rather than CURE
Wherefore, I am calling my colleague states for an immediate call for establishment of a research body that will give solution to this ongoing problem.

This is not a proposal. This is a mini blog entry.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:24 am

Bears Armed wrote:OOC
GenSec is discussing whether HIV & AIDS count as RL References, but those are probably legal.

Update: GenSec is currently 2:0 for accepting the names of diseases that exist in RL as okay (They'd fit within the 'general scientific terms' exemption), as long as they're not ones named after RL people (e.g. Asperger, Bell, Parkinson).
EDIT: And not if they're named after RL places, either, of course: e.g. 'Influenza' legal, 'Spanish Flu' illegal.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Capercom
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Capercom » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:09 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:OOC

Update: GenSec is currently 2:0 for accepting the names of diseases that exist in RL as okay (They'd fit within the 'general scientific terms' exemption), as long as they're not ones named after RL people (e.g. Asperger, Bell, Parkinson).
EDIT: And not if they're named after RL places, either, of course: e.g. 'Influenza' legal, 'Spanish Flu' illegal.

OOC: Interesting development! I think that's a logical progression for GenSec to make as diseases are an integral part of developing a national health plan. Prohibiting names of people or places also makes logical sense too. It doesn't hinder legislation but also doesn't alter game play.
Last edited by Capercom on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly