NATION

PASSWORD

MT/PMT Open/Intro the 11 City States

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Peoples Cities
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

MT/PMT Open/Intro the 11 City States

Postby Peoples Cities » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Confederacy of Peoples Cities
Orensbell City State

Edward Irons coughed and wheezed as he was helped along the large cavernous hallway of the government complex. Shiny marble floors and columns lined the way towards the assembly chamber.

"My old bones aren't what they use to be... cough... cough" he spluttered "Get me a wheelchair" he snapped at one of his aides. Edward turned to face out one of the floor to ceiling windows that lined one side of the corridor. Outside he could see the large security wall that sealed in the government complex, beyond that were the sterile and imposing stone buildings that were said to be able to withstand nuclear explosions. The kind of buildings that gave a sense of permanence. Hovering over the city in the sky was a large blimp that broadcast a large projection of Edward giving one of his charismatic speeches in his younger years. Anyone in the city would be able to look up and see it.

Edwards assistants helped him to a sofa next to the large windows while they waited for the wheelchair to arrive. He would keep the city assembly waiting, as they had waited on him for the last 58 years, maybe even waiting for him to die. 'screw them, I will see to my 90th birthday, maybe even my 100th birthday'

"Can I get you some water, a drink?" asked one of the assistants. Edward looked at the young man and though for a moment before replying

"A glass of spring water, make sure there is also something for me to drink at the podium in the assembly hall also" he said in a demanding tone, 'no need for manners with these nobodies, no need for manners with anyone'

The assistant nodded and left to do as he was asked just as the other assistant arrived with the wheelchair.

"About time, they are waiting for me" Edward needed help to get off the sofa before he slumped into the wheelchair and was wheeled quickly towards the large double wooden doors that led into the assembly hall,It was the rear entrance door that was close to the podium. 100 of the representatives of the Orensbell city assembly waited patiently inside. No one would dare talk while they waited, everyone was watched and everything was recorded, people suspected bugging equipment was placed under certain seats, instead the assembly chamber was silent.

Edward stood up out of the wheelchair and waited for the assistant to open the door for him as he stepped up onto the stage and towards the podium, as soon as the assembly representatives saw him they all stood to give a thunderous standing ovation, cheering and applause as if they were in some trance before a god like being

"HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH!" erupted the chamber. Edward reached the podium and savored the applause for a moment before he gestured for them to quieten down. The assembly chamber was just as cavernous as the marble hallways outside with a large vaulted ceiling containing grand crystal chandeliers. Behind Edward on the back of a stage was a large portrait of the dictator himself.

"Thank you for the warm welcome my dear friends" he said in his aged, raspy voice "We have come a long way from the bloodbath we emerged from in 1960, but we must not look back, but instead look forward!.... cough... cough..." Edward looked around for the glass of water he has specifically asked for but couldn't see it 'fucking useless shit!' he thought as he tried to clear his throat
"... We must double all efforts to rid our society of those who would stand in our way.... cough.... cough.... I..... Will now.... cough..... Hand the podium over to my dear friend Greg Marsden" Edward abruptly ended his speech prematurely and sat down, where there was some water on a small side table beside his chair.

Greg looked surprised at this, he was the 58 year old leader of the dreaded Polity Control Agency, which acted as the security and police force charged with maintaining the totalitarian state to keep the Edward Irons in complete control of the 11 city states. Greg got off his chair and stepped up to the podium, a kind of smug look over his face with the reassurance that the dictator would only be forced to give him more powers and responsibility as his health declined.

"Thank you my dear, great leader!" Said Greg, with that the 100 members of the city assembly once again jumped to their feet to give a standing ovation of applause and cheering before settling down

"I can assure everyone here and for those watching this at home, that all eleven city states are firmly loyal to you my dear great leader!" said Greg who went on to heap further praise on Edward Irons who was still trying to contain his fits of coughing in between the gulps of his glass of spring water....
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Orensbell City State

As the sun began to rise over the sterile concrete, steel and glass sky scrapers of the city and the sunlight streamed over the high security wall of the city, the public loud speakers began to spring to life with calming and soothing meditative music. Large projector screens on some of the largest public buildings also began to play triumphant music as the Polity News Agency logo appeared to give today's good morning announcement after the hymn of the polities played.

The large blimp that was a constant feature in the sky also began to project an image on its side of the latest Edward Irons speech, at the Assembly gathering the other day. However it seemed to only show the cheering and applause of the city assembly members, and all image of Edwards coughing has edited out to give the appearance that there were no health concerns at all.

In one of the central apartment towers that looked down over the botanical gardens, the residents stirred awake. Lara was in her late 20's and had lived within the wall's of the city state her whole life. She turned over in her bed and opened her eyes slowly 'another day', sitting up she looked out the window at the skyscrapers bathed in the sunlight outside 'wow the weather looks beautiful today'

The apartment had a sleek, modern design and it was clear the state spared no expense on the housing in the dictators capital city state. Marble bathrooms, fancy light fittings, well lit, balconies and guaranteed running water and power 24/7. It was a different story for the sprawling suburbs outside the city walls. After her morning shower, Lara went into the living room, turning on the larger floor to ceiling TV that was fixed into the wall.

'Good morning dear citizens!' beamed the handsome news caster who had dashing good looks and a charming charisma about him 'It's another lovely day in paradise, no matter which city state you are in'
Lara stepped into the kitchen and pulled out some government rationed breakfast food, looking up occasionally at the TV screen

'Yesterday our great, dear leader Edward Irons addressed the Orensbell city assembly. He was cheers and applauded for his visionary ideals and for the monumental political work he had done over the last 58 years to ensure a great life for all of us loyal citizens, oh great, dear leader we love you eternally!'

Lara ate her breakfast of yogurt and fruit before heading back into the bathroom to brush her teeth then into the walk in wardrobe which contained the strictly regulated fashion of snug fitting jump suits, trench coats and mao style shirts and pants available in dark blue, black or dark brown. Large grabbed out a black overall jump suit and zipped it up to her neck then fixed a small pin on the chest that contained a portrait of Edward Irons before leaving her apartment and locking the front door with her thumb print. Her neighbors were also leaving for their jobs, all wearing similar clothes to her.

The elevator ride from the 28th floor down to the lobby was done in silent, despite being full of neighbors who kept their heads down and avoided eye contact with each other. The entrance lobby contained more marble with a portrait of Edward Irons dominating an entire wall with the words "LOYALTY IS LIFE!" at the base of the portrait.

As she stepped outside the sound of the soothing meditation music filled the air, it blared out of the loud speakers that were fixed intermittently above the traffic lights and street lamps. Banners of the Orensbell city state and the flag of the Confederacy of Peoples Cities also adorned street lamps. Portraits of Edward Irons were also fixed to the entrance of most buildings. Lara crossed the street into the botanical garden park where a small group were doing a morning fitness routine, it was a nice walk to work, which was directly across from the park.

The entrance of the building contained, engraved above the door "POLITY CONTROL AGENCY = PEACE AND ORDER FOR ALL"
Lara entered the went through the x-ray screening before scanning her thumb print to continue to the elevators up to her office on the 13th floor. She made her way to the desk without even saying hi or looking at any of her colleagues who were busy at their cubicles with head phones on staring at their computer screens. Lara reached her cubicle and signed into the computer. Immediately it displayed CCTV footage that showed a small neighborhood beyond the walls. She put on her head phones and when she enlarged a specific CCTV footage screen she was fed real-time sounds that were being picked up from the CCTV camera, able to listen to the sounds of the neighborhood and look out for any suspicious activity. It would be a long day.......
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Orensbell City State
Government Complex

Edward Iron's lay among the silk sheets of his extra large king sized bed in the sumptuous bedroom near the top of the complex. He was feeling particularly weak today and didn't want to leave his room. 'just a slight illness, maybe its the flu' "Cough! Cough!" One of the dictators assistants went over to the bed.

"My leader, are you alright?"

"I'm fine you idiot! Go and make yourself useful and get me Mr Marsden here at once!"

"He is already on his way sir"

"Yeah? Well piss off anyway, I don't want to see your face for the rest of the day" spat the shitty old man. The aide simply nodded and backed out of the room fearfully, leaving the old dictator to stew in his depressive mood.

10 minutes later

Greg Marsden the chief of the Polity Control Agency entered the large bedroom and walked up to the extra large king size bed, giving a respectful bow before Edward Irons "My leader, how may I be of service?"

"I need to speak with all the Polity Executives at once. I had an awful dream last night that I was betrayed and I can't stop thinking about it, I need to see all the leadership at once!" snapped Edward

Greg simply nodded and got on the phone to arrange a special video conference. All the leaders of each of the 11 cities would be in attendance quickly. Greg Marsden took down the minutes of meeting

"In attendance is Chief Executive of the Polity Consortium: Edward Irons,
Executive of the Orensbell Polity: Miles Anderson,
Executive of the Erins Port Polity: John Armstrong,
Executive of the Flavonia Polity: Yuri Belkov,
Executive of the Auria Polity: Mark Strong,
Executive of the Fernia Polity: Nina Swan,
Executive of the Parnua Polity: Harold Monk,
Executive of the Garden Port Polity: Brian Green,
Executive of the Rahna Polity: Ricard Mores,
Executive of the Laurelia Polity: Leanne Dawes,
Executive of the Marin Polity: George Kurr,
Executive of the Kaans Port Polity: Jim Sakz
and lastly myself, Director of the Polity Control Agency, Greg Marsden"

"Good!" Snapped Edward "Now I have summoned you all for a special video conference of all the polity leaders because I am fearing that loyalty in some area's of the government is starting to fail, particularly as I advance in age and my health is not what it once was.... Cough, Cough Cough!"

Miles Anderson the polity chief of Orensbell who was present in person turned to Edward "My dear leader, our loyalty is unwavering"

"I do not question your loyalty Miles.... Cough! I am concerned that there are those who may wish to take advantage of my age, that would try and form some sort of succession plan behind my back... Cough!"

'Perhaps the succession is something we should discuss now..... perhaps' spoke up the 78yo Erins Port Executive John Armstrong

"I have no intention of dying, I have at least another 5 to 10 years in me" spat Edward "Should anything happen to me before then, the Polity Consortium can begin a period of collective rule until the next Mass Congress elections, any talk of a succession is premature in any case" Edward wheezed and held his chest with his right hand, his breathing labored and difficult looking.

"Was there anything we can do to put your mind at ease?" Asked Miles

"You can start by ridding yourself of any who show even the slightest act of disloyalty" Edward turned to Greg "I want the Polity Control Agency to begin a new offensive campaign against those who would undermine the consortium and our system, this should include a new round of arrests and publicized trials to ensure the public knows who is firmly in control"

"You mean another purge?" Said Miles, a slight quiver in his voice

"Exactly.... All of you need to provide me with a list of names of those who you would deem suspect, who must be arrested and interrogated.... All disloyal traitors must be weeded out"

All of the polity chiefs nodded, but looked uneasy. Greg also looked concerned and was not sure if Edwards advanced aged was leading to a sort of dangerous senility that could bring down the system, perhaps the time to put in a new succession plan was becoming necessary.....
Last edited by Peoples Cities on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Orensbell
Polity Control Agency Offices

Lara held the headphones on her ears as she listened in on a public bugging device located in a neighborhood outside the walls. She also viewed the CCTV footage of a meeting on a park bench. The two individuals were dressed in the dark blue coverall/boiler suit style clothing that was more common for citizens outside the security walls. 'hmmm something suspicious' Lara leaned in to get a closer look and expanded the CCTV footage, a slight exchange of something in their handshake 'I best make a note of that' Lara increased the resolution on the two individual faces which used high tech facial recognition technology to bring up the citizen files of both the individuals.

Name: Logan Laws
Address: Unit 76, Block 34, Leader Street, Park District.

Name: George Maris
Address: Unit 9, Block 12, Castle Street, Park District.

Lara viewed the information before typing up the note 'Viewed two suspect individuals meeting at a park bench in the Park District, possibly exchanged suspicious material and disguised it as a hand shake, Recommending follow up observation'

With that Lara logged off and removed the headphones before exiting the office, signing out with a thumb print in the front foyer and stepping out onto the street. The sun was beginning to set, she would have two more hours before the 10pm curfew required everyone to be off the streets. She could head straight home, watch TV and make dinner or go for a walk around the block or spend some time in the botanic gardens a bit, though would that be viewed as suspicious? Lara crossed the botanic garden park towards her apartment block, a quiet night in would probably be best....
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Orensbell
Government Complex

Doctors fussed around the aged dictator who seemed to constantly be in low energy with bouts of coughing fits.

"I think someone might be trying to kill me" he said in his rasping voice

"Supreme Leader, the blood tests came back and there were no anomalies, a few organs were functioning outside normal range, but we will repeat the blood work in a few months time. Bed rest will help though"

"Bullshit! this must be poison, I need to find out who is to blame for this"

"There was no poison in your system" replied the doctor, quite frightened at the paranoid delusions of this mad man

"Get out!" yelled Edward, the doctors quickly packed up their equipment and vacated the room hastily

Edward rubbed his wrinkled forehead and pushed back his thinning grey hair between his fingers, leaving back into his fluffed up pillows on his king sized bed he began to drift off to sleep.....

........................................................................................................

Orensbell
Polity Control Agency Offices

Lara viewed more CCTV footage of the suspect individuals she had spied earlier, no further suspicious activity could be gleamed from spying on them now, they were both working at their jobs 'hmmmm' she was unsure of what to make of it, perhaps some in person observation was needed, a spy. she wrote in more more notes 'recommend on the ground agent to gain intelligence on suspect individuals, to spy in person for any further suspicious activity', in the meantime she considered applying for a permit to leave the security walls and venture out beyond the wall, there was something about these individuals that were calling to her. They were mysterious, handsome even....
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:08 am

The offices of the State Department of the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions were not quite as ornate or palatial as the Presidential Residence a few blocks over, but they still exuded a sort of semi-regal majesty. This was appropriate for the most active branch of the federal Atlantian government, which dealt with all foreign interactions that didn’t involve live ordnance. From within the walls of the office complex Secretary of State Pierce Olsen coordinated the diplomatic strategy of Atlantian ambassadors and emissaries across the globe. Right now the Secretary was looking out the window of his office, admiring the impressive noonday view of Cumberland.

His desk intercom buzzed. “Mister Secretary, Deputy Secretary Towns is here for his meeting.”

Pierce Olsen pressed a button and spoke. “Excellent. Send him in, Naomi. Before you do, ask him what he wants to drink. Bring me the usual.”

”Of course, sir.”

A moment later, the door to the office opened. Pierce’s personal secretary Naomi led the way, her dark skin pleasingly contrasted by the white blouse and blue skirt she wore. She had a pleasingly curved figure that filled out both items of clothing nicely. Her heels clicked on the tiled floor, the sounds suddenly muted when they stepped onto the carpet of his office. She held the door for the man who followed in behind her, then let herself out and closed it behind her. The click of her heels faded away as she crossed to the other side of the waiting room to begin fixing their drinks.

“She’s quite a beauty,” Deputy Secretary Alexander Towns said appreciatively as he strode towards the desk. Pierce half-rose from his seat to shake the man’s hand and then indicated where he could sit.

“Wish I could get her in one of those bunny suits Jim has the girls wearing over at the Residence,” Pierce said wistfully, “But I suppose that’s the perks of being at the tip top. Anyway, this is about the proposal you sent in yesterday, right? Just what exactly does this ‘Confederacy of Peoples Cities’ have that makes it worth the hassle?”

“For one, market potential. It’s an isolated country, which means it’s got few trading partners. Which means there’s nobody competing to answer the demands they’ve got.”

“What are those demands?”

“It’s all a bit guesswork at this point, but our analysts think there’d be opportunities for the medical and luxury sectors, as well as agriculture and weapons. And a chance to secure a new source of coal and a few other minerals. Could be a very rewarding relationship.”

“If they’re open to it,” Pierce cautioned. “I wouldn’t start increasing your stock portfolio just yet.”

There was a single knock at the door, and then Naomi entered with a small tray. Two short glasses sat on the tray, partially filled with rich-looking liquid. The secretary tottered over on her heels and bent at the waist to offer Alexander his drink, and a generous view of her cleavage. Then she minced over to Pierce and lowered the tray to allow him to grab his drink. The Secretary reached over with his free hand and gave her ample behind a quick squeeze and then a smack, sending her on her way out of the room.

“And, by all accounts,” Alexander continued, “It’s a totalitarian society. Full social control by the government. Which means there will doubtless be a few people looking to start new somewhere else.”

“And you think that somewhere could be here?” Pierce thought it over. Atlantian immigration policy was fairly open, because the economy relied on being able to exploit immigrant labor. Immigrants from a society like this would also be used to keeping their heads down and obeying the law, which was just the sort of people the Confederacy preferred. “It still sounds like a long shot. But, Alex, I’ll sign off on it. Borrow a few personnel to work up a plan for how to get in contact, and give me your recommendations for who to send over there if they bite.”

DIPLOMATIC MESSAGE
NO ENCRYPTION
TO SUPREME LEADER EDWARD IRONS

On behalf of the government of the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions, I send greetings and salutations. My government has determined that our two nations would benefit from a closer working relationship. We would like to send an ambassador to your country, in order to work out ways in which our two nations can establish a mutually beneficial working relationship. --Secretary of State Pierce Olsen
The Confederation of Atlantian Dominions
My nation can be referred to as "the Atlantian Dominions" or "Atlantia"
Continuity currently undergoing major reconstruction - please stand by

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 pm

DIPLOMATIC MESSAGE
NO ENCRYPTION
TO SUPREME LEADER EDWARD IRONS
On behalf of the government of the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions, I send greetings and salutations. My government has determined that our two nations would benefit from a closer working relationship. We would like to send an ambassador to your country, in order to work out ways in which our two nations can establish a mutually beneficial working relationship. --Secretary of State Pierce Olsen

Edward wheezed and coughed over the note, his health no better then a week ago "So there are outsiders looking to do business eh? What do you make of it" said Edward to this second in command, looking over in Greg Marsden's direction

"I think allowing their ambassador in the country for a meeting would provide us with some opportunities, in any case, hearing what they have to say would be interesting" replied Greg, Edward had already taken four days to think over the message, with no sense of urgency in dealing with the matter. Greg had already noted that the Supreme Leaders responsibilities were piling up from neglect already, not just because of physical health problems but mental health also, particularly with his advanced age.

"Formulate an adequate response for me and send it off, lets see what they have to say for themselves. Be ready to receive their ambassador at the airport should be still be open for a visit" said Edward sharply before another fit of coughing began

Greg nodded and left the room and headed down to his office within the walled government complex from which he ran the Polity Control Agency. Since Edwards health decline he had ordered Greg move his office from the PCA offices in the center of Orensbell, to the government complex so we was always on call for the old fart, 'the soon her died the better' thought Greg, a thought he was careful to never outwardly express. He may be a senile grumpy old man, but he was still the absolute leader... for now.

To: Secretary of State Pierce Olsen
RE: Ambassadorial Visit

The Supreme Leader would welcome your ambassador to Orensbell at your own leisure and is looking forward to discussing opportunities that may arise from those talks and extended greater diplomatic links which may open up into economic ties. We can provide all expense paid visit from the moment your ambassador lands at the airport. Accommodation can also be provided in the Government complex in Orensbell while you are in the country. Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Regards
G. Marsden
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 am

Peoples Cities wrote:.....................................................

To: Secretary of State Pierce Olsen
RE: Ambassadorial Visit

The Supreme Leader would welcome your ambassador to Orensbell at your own leisure and is looking forward to discussing opportunities that may arise from those talks and extended greater diplomatic links which may open up into economic ties. We can provide all expense paid visit from the moment your ambassador lands at the airport. Accommodation can also be provided in the Government complex in Orensbell while you are in the country. Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Regards
G. Marsden

“We are now beginning our descent.”

Ambassador Logan Reynold looked up from the documents in his lap at the sound of the co-pilots voice over the plane intercom. A quick glance out the window confirmed that the small government jet was indeed over land now, approaching the city that he could make out in the distance. The flight had been uneventful, which had given him plenty of time to go over the sparse information that the State Department had collected on this Confederacy of Peoples Cities. Most of it was economic data, projections of what kinds of goods and services the Cities might want and what they could offer for them in trade.

A small yawn drifted over from the other side of the aisle, where Logan’s personal secretary Danielle was waking up from her nap. Like just about every woman who worked for an Atlantian in a position of power, she was beautiful and wore clothes designed to accentuate that beauty. Her role wouldn’t really start until the plane touched down and the meetings began, which was why she’d been allowed to doze off without some sort of reprimand from the ambassador. Like Logan, Danielle also looked out the window to take in the scenery below.

The Atlantian jet followed whatever instructions the airport control tower sent, making a calm approach to the airport and then touching down wherever indicated. Once the plane was on the ground and taxiing to the point where its passengers could disembark, Logan got up and walked to the back of the plane to make sure his suit and hair looked immaculate. He smoothed out the handful of wrinkles that had set in during the flight and ran a comb through short black hair that, thankfully, was not yet showing signs of grey. Once he was done, Danielle took his place to do the same checks on her clothing and make sure none of her makeup needed touching up or re-doing.

The documents went into a briefcase which Logan handed to Danielle. She and the plane’s lone stewardess, a blonde bombshell in a short, tight uniform, would also handle the two pieces of luggage which the diplomatic team brought with them. Logan’s hands would be free to do whatever handshaking and other diplomatic greetings would be required once they were off the plane.

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Orensbell International Airport

The Airport was eerily empty and devoid of any other planes due to the extreme isolation of the country, there were no commercial airlines operating and travel in and out of the country was virtually prohibited unless with express permission from the government. Greeting of the international visitors was to be handled by Greg Marsden the Political Control Agency chief, seeing as the Supreme leader was still not in full health to be out and about.

Greg waiting with the welcoming committee which were a group of loyal conscripts waving miniature flags of the Orensbell Polity as well as Atlantean flags and flags of the Confederacy. As the Atlantian plane touched down Greg moved forward to be the first one to greet the guests.

"Greetings and Welcome to the Orensbell Polity, I've been sent by our Supreme Leader to receive you and will escort you to the government complex, please right this way" said Greg, extending a hand to shake the hand of his counterpart before escorting them to a motorcade to zip them across the city.

The motorcade had to drive along the outer security wall before passing through a checkpoint and gateway to the inner city. The roads were very wide but there were hardly any vehicles using them. The people walking the streets wore dystopic looking coveralls in a very limited selection of colours. The buildings were very tall, glass, steel and concrete adorned with portraits of Edward Irons and propaganda, absolutely no advertisements were seen except government announcements and other propaganda slogans.

Eventually the motorcade entered another security wall that would lead in to the walled government complex.

"I hope you had a nice trip in your plane" said Greg "Our Supreme Leader is eager to hear your diplomatic proposals"

As the motorcade arrived before the imposing concrete government complex, Greg disembarked and opened the car door so his Atlantean guests could exit also. He then turned skyward to view the large blimp projecting an image of Edward Irons along its side, looking over the city like some kind of omnipotent god.

"Please right this way...." Greg led them up the stone steps and into the entrance hall which was a sumptuous marble hall with a large statue of Edward Irons at the back and Orensbell flags draped down the columns. The Supreme Leader Edward was waiting with his assistants. He hobbled over, gripping his walking stick.

"Welcome friends, I am happy to receive you in my home, please, right this way"

Edward led the group into a side room that looked like a type of lounge with comfortable sofa's, gold rimmed coffee table, crystal light fittings and hunting trophies and stuffed game mounted on the walls.

"Please take a seat" said Edward in his old rasping voice, indicating at the sofa's before sitting down himself. Greg Marsden took a seat next to the Supreme Leader.

"Shall we start with what proposals you have?" asked Greg
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Peoples Cities wrote:"Shall we start with what proposals you have?" asked Greg

Ambassador Logan Reynold took a seat on the sofa, his secretary Danielle sitting nearby. Logan introduced himself and her before beginning. Danielle produced a pair of documents from the briefcase she carried. Logan took one and handed the other to Greg Marsden.

“This is a summary of what I’m proposing,” the ambassador began. “At the very least, the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions and the Confederacy of Peoples Cities would benefit from an exchange of embassies. This would permit more efficient and direct communications between our governments.”

“If your government is willing, we would also be interested in opening our mutual borders – not physical, obviously, but enabling our citizens to travel between Atlantia and the Cities for work or leisure. This would enable not just a government-level exchange but also private business to flourish.”

“In the realm of business,” Logan continued. “My office has identified a few possible areas where our two nations could conduct commerce. Atlantian corporations can provide high-quality goods in a number of areas, including weapons, medicines, and luxury items. We also have a large and thriving agricultural sector which is always looking for export partners.”

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Ambassador Logan Reynold took a seat on the sofa, his secretary Danielle sitting nearby. Logan introduced himself and her before beginning. Danielle produced a pair of documents from the briefcase she carried. Logan took one and handed the other to Greg Marsden.

“This is a summary of what I’m proposing,” the ambassador began. “At the very least, the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions and the Confederacy of Peoples Cities would benefit from an exchange of embassies. This would permit more efficient and direct communications between our governments.”

Greg grabbed the document and quickly scanned it's contents before passing it on to the Supreme Leader, who's faded eyesight would have trouble making out the writing...

“If your government is willing, we would also be interested in opening our mutual borders – not physical, obviously, but enabling our citizens to travel between Atlantia and the Cities for work or leisure. This would enable not just a government-level exchange but also private business to flourish.”

“In the realm of business,” Logan continued. “My office has identified a few possible areas where our two nations could conduct commerce. Atlantian corporations can provide high-quality goods in a number of areas, including weapons, medicines, and luxury items. We also have a large and thriving agricultural sector which is always looking for export partners.”

"An Embassy exchange would be a good first step, we would agree to" said Edward "As for open borders, this is something we can allow for specially approved Atlantian citizens, and likewise our most loyal citizens with express permission can be allowed to leave the country to travel to Atlantia on specific business purposes... as for the commercial contacts" Edward turned to Greg Marsden before facing his guests once again "We would be most interested in the Weapons, Medicines and Luxury Items, but I wish to know more about the corporations providing these services" Edward looked to Greg to continue his thought

"Our economic system is completely controlled by the state, we don't have private enterprise or corporations, but we are not totally opposed to opening up the economy somewhat, so long as its understood that the state comes first and has the ultimate power in the country" said Greg.

Edward nodded "Yes well perhaps your corporations can come to some beneficial agreements with our State Arms Company and the Health Ministry for the weapons and medicine, and perhaps we can allow your luxury items provider some freedom within the Peoples Cities" said Edward

"Something along these lines?" finished Greg turning back to their foreign guests
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:52 am

Peoples Cities wrote:"An Embassy exchange would be a good first step, we would agree to" said Edward "As for open borders, this is something we can allow for specially approved Atlantian citizens, and likewise our most loyal citizens with express permission can be allowed to leave the country to travel to Atlantia on specific business purposes... as for the commercial contacts" Edward turned to Greg Marsden before facing his guests once again "We would be most interested in the Weapons, Medicines and Luxury Items, but I wish to know more about the corporations providing these services" Edward looked to Greg to continue his thought

"Our economic system is completely controlled by the state, we don't have private enterprise or corporations, but we are not totally opposed to opening up the economy somewhat, so long as its understood that the state comes first and has the ultimate power in the country" said Greg.

Edward nodded "Yes well perhaps your corporations can come to some beneficial agreements with our State Arms Company and the Health Ministry for the weapons and medicine, and perhaps we can allow your luxury items provider some freedom within the Peoples Cities" said Edward

"Something along these lines?" finished Greg turning back to their foreign guests

The Atlantian ambassador nodded as he listened to the response to his offer. His secretary jotted down notes on a small pad, keeping track of the major points in the conversation that Logan would want to refer back to in the future. She wrote down CLOSED SYSTEM, underlined it, and circled it once. The Peoples Cities were clearly very concerned with maintaining an iron grip on the inner workings of their society.

“The embassy is the easiest of the initiatives, and certainly the best place to start,” Logan replied. “Once we have more codified and official channels for diplomatic communication, that will help sort out the issues with the other ideas.”

“In terms of opening borders to movement, for example,” he continued. “Of course your government would have final say on approval of the entry of any Atlantians, or travel outside by your own people. Our private sector has many close connections of a more informal nature between business and government. We can make your preferences regarding the ways business is conducted in your nation known to the various executives. I’m sure they can accommodate your needs, whether it’s for sales of product or negotiating rights to domestic production.”

“Arms manufacturing and medicine are both dominated by fairly large conglomerates. As for luxury goods, that’s a bit more of a crowded sector. Cars, clothing, various accessories and other designer products...perhaps initially those sales could occur within Atlantia, by those members of your citizenry who are approved to travel abroad.” The unspoken assumption was that this would primarily be members of the government, with hefty expense accounts to match. “And then depending on what suits your tastes, expansion could occur at a later point.”

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Edward smiled and nodded at the Atlantian ambassador

"Establishing embassies is a good start, forward us the relevant application forms for an embassy in the Atlantian Dominions and we will promptly set one up. We are quite isolated in terms of diplomacy and so do not have any foreign embassies on our soil, yours would be the first. But it shouldn't be do hard for us to establish an embassy district here in the capital" said Edward

“In terms of opening borders to movement, for example,” he continued. “Of course your government would have final say on approval of the entry of any Atlantians, or travel outside by your own people. Our private sector has many close connections of a more informal nature between business and government. We can make your preferences regarding the ways business is conducted in your nation known to the various executives. I’m sure they can accommodate your needs, whether it’s for sales of product or negotiating rights to domestic production.”

"We can establish a program that would allow a certain number of migrant workers to travel to Atlantia on one year visa's"

“Arms manufacturing and medicine are both dominated by fairly large conglomerates. As for luxury goods, that’s a bit more of a crowded sector. Cars, clothing, various accessories and other designer products...perhaps initially those sales could occur within Atlantia, by those members of your citizenry who are approved to travel abroad.” The unspoken assumption was that this would primarily be members of the government, with hefty expense accounts to match. “And then depending on what suits your tastes, expansion could occur at a later point.”

"Our Health ministry would be interested in purchasing medicines from your companies and as for Arms manufacturing, we might be interested in purchasing some of your weapons to upgrade our own armed forces. With the luxury goods, there is a small market here in the capital, but I like the idea of this area expanding, my first priority as Supreme Leader is to provide a good life for my people" with that Edward suddenly had a fit of coughing "Excuse me, my health is not what it once was..... I suppose at the age of 88 i'm becoming quite advanced in age, poorer health is to be expected"

Greg Marsden then spoke up "Did you have any questions or anything we can further clarify, or anything you would like see or do while your here on your visit?"
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Peoples Cities wrote:"Establishing embassies is a good start, forward us the relevant application forms for an embassy in the Atlantian Dominions and we will promptly set one up. We are quite isolated in terms of diplomacy and so do not have any foreign embassies on our soil, yours would be the first. But it shouldn't be do hard for us to establish an embassy district here in the capital" said Edward.

Logan Reynold nodded. “Of course. I brought some of the relevant information and paperwork with me.” He turned to his secretary Danielle who produced a manila folder from the briefcase that sat in her lap. She handed the folder to Logan who in turn handed it over to his hosts. Inside were a handful of forms and other pieces of information regarding embassy protocols, along with the means of contacting the relevant office within the State Department to work out location and other specifics. “As for our embassy here, we could easily set up in an office in an existing structure if necessary, at least initially.”
Peoples Cities wrote:"We can establish a program that would allow a certain number of migrant workers to travel to Atlantia on one year visa's."

The proposal for migrant workers was unexpected, but Logan concealed his excitement. This sort of arrangement would suit Atlantian business interests perfectly. Temporary workers, no doubt used to rather draconian control, would mean more profits for their employers. And if any of them overstayed their visas, they would prove useful whether they were caught and extradited or sank into the sea of working poor that oiled the gears of Atlantian agriculture and manufacturing.

“A guest worker system is an excellent idea,” the ambassador replied. “And we would be prepared to reciprocate, if there is a demand for particular types of skilled worker here in the Cities.”
Peoples Cities wrote:"Our Health ministry would be interested in purchasing medicines from your companies and as for Arms manufacturing, we might be interested in purchasing some of your weapons to upgrade our own armed forces. With the luxury goods, there is a small market here in the capital, but I like the idea of this area expanding, my first priority as Supreme Leader is to provide a good life for my people" with that Edward suddenly had a fit of coughing "Excuse me, my health is not what it once was..... I suppose at the age of 88 i'm becoming quite advanced in age, poorer health is to be expected."

“My government will be happy to come to a deal authorizing arms acquisition,” Logan said. “And if there is specific technical or training knowledge required, our military has a sizeable pool of skilled and experienced advisors who can assist your soldiers in honing their craft.”

“As for the medical and luxury sectors, in those areas my government will play a less direct role. The various CEOs and such will have their proposals for agreements and deals. Once we have established protocols for movement between our countries their representatives can come to pitch those proposals to you in person, and my job, or the job of whoever is appointed ambassador, will primarily be to make sure they continue to abide by any Atlantian regulations regarding foreign dealings and to smooth out any bumps in the road.”

As the Supreme Leader lapsed into another coughing fit, Danielle made a small scribble in her notepad. The man’s weak health was worth noting down. While the other man in the room, Marsden, seemed equally keen on maintaining this new relationship, the sudden death of anyone titled “Supreme Leader” usually meant quite a bit of disruption. The best way to make sure it didn’t hurt these new economic opportunities was to be prepared for it well in advance.
Peoples Cities wrote:Greg Marsden then spoke up "Did you have any questions or anything we can further clarify, or anything you would like see or do while your here on your visit?"

"I have no clarifying questions, you've made everything perfectly clear. The minute details can be handled by our respective diplomatic administrative staff."

Logan made a sort of noncommittal gesture. "Certainly we would be honored to see whatever parts of your country you want to show us," he said.

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Significance Intelligence Services underground HQ, Unknown co-ordinates, Significance

Knock, Knock, Knock

"Come in"

A small man with round spectacles entered the room the small glass room, carrying a large file. He walked over and placed the file on the metal desk sat sideways to the door in the rooms centre, before stepping aside for his boss to continue looking through the glass straight ahead of him at the large monitor that mapped all current activities for the S.I.S. The small man then spoke.

"Good news sir, reports are in that Edward Irons, dictator of The Confederacy of Peoples Cities, is rapidly degenerating, he may not have long to live. Now is the perfect time to strike, and the government has given us the go ahead for the Operation Democracy"

The man's boss smiled as he stretched in his metal chair.

"Excellent news. Jenkins, prepare insertion teams for the operation, and remember, this operation is code black classified, we don't want anyone to even suspect us. If people knew what we were up to, there would be outrage, and the government doesn't want that. I want only the best for this"

Jenkins nodded.

"Of course sir, right away sir"

As Jenkins went to exit, his boss called to him.

"Oh and Jenkins, bring me a bacon sandwich while you're at it, and some black coffee, I'm starving"

Jenkins smiled.

"Of course Boss. Anything for you Boss"

And then promptly left the room to see to his duties.
Last edited by Significance on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Greg Marsden accepted the folder containing the relevant forms for establishing embassies "excellent" he said tucking the paperwork back into the folder and hand it over to an assistant who promptly took it, filing it away in a silver briefcase.

As Edward Irons was near choking, Greg looked slightly concerned but managed a non threatening smile back to the visitors as if blocking out Edwards coughing fit.

"I have no clarifying questions, you've made everything perfectly clear. The minute details can be handled by our respective diplomatic administrative staff."

Logan made a sort of noncommittal gesture. "Certainly we would be honored to see whatever parts of your country you want to show us," he said.

Edward spoke up in a rasping voice "I'm afraid Im largely bound to the government complex, but Mr Marsden here is perfectly capable of playing host to other parts of the city, or country"

"Yes, I could take you to a property that you can view over as a potential embassy spot perhaps?"
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Peoples Cities wrote:Edward spoke up in a rasping voice "I'm afraid Im largely bound to the government complex, but Mr Marsden here is perfectly capable of playing host to other parts of the city, or country"

"Yes, I could take you to a property that you can view over as a potential embassy spot perhaps?"

"That would be excellent," Logan Reynold replied. He stood, his secretary Danielle following suit, once Greg Marsden indicated they would be leaving the room. "Thank you for taking the time to meet with us," he said to Irons as the man continued to cough. "I think I can speak for President Gilmore when I say this relationship promises to be one of great mutual benefit for our two nations." The ambassador was prepared to extend a hand to shake, but if the Supreme Leader seemed too occupied with battling his own failing body, Logan settled for a simple nod of the head and a very quick and short bow from the waist as a means of formal goodbye. Danielle copied the ambassador, her own short bow combining with the unbuttoned buttons at the top of her shirt to reveal a bit of cleavage to the men in the room.

The two Atlantians followed Greg Marsden. Once they were out of the room and out of earshot of anyone else, Logan leaned in towards the man. "A shame to see a man's health deteriorate like that," he said in a low voice. "What exactly is wrong with him?

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Greg led the Altantian guests out of the room

The two Atlantians followed Greg Marsden. Once they were out of the room and out of earshot of anyone else, Logan leaned in towards the man. "A shame to see a man's health deteriorate like that," he said in a low voice. "What exactly is wrong with him?

Greg looked around, weary of the many bug's planted all over the government complex "We are a secretive state and I can not disclose or discuss the personal health of our supreme leader, I hope you understand, but please right this way"

They walked down the large cavernous hallways towards the front entrance and out the doors where a black electric vehicle waited to transport them
"After you" gestured Greg, for his guests to enter the back seat of the car first followed by Greg sitting opposite them

"Take us to 85 Garden Avenue" he ordered to the driver, who nodded his head before driving on "We can talk in greater detail about a very many things once we reach the property"

The car drove down the wide avenues, buildings inside the city walls were quite large, towering glass, steel and concrete structures. There was no advertisements anywhere, just large propaganda bill boards and large screens displaying footage the latest Edward Irons speech or archive footage of happy citizens dancing to some hymns. Eventually the car stopped outside a small 4 story building with an ornate stone masonry facing, wedged between two 30 story office and apartment buildings.

"Here it is" spoke Greg as a bodyguard in the front passenger seat stepped out and opened the door for the Atlantians and Greg who was the last to get out "Wait in the car" he said to the guard. Greg opened the front glass door of the building. Currently it was empty except for some boxes containing computer equipment and listening devices

"This building was being used by the Polity Control Agency, but we have since relocated, perhaps it can now serve as a temporary embassy or consulate" said Greg. The first floor was quite a large room with wooden floors, toward the back was the elevator and staircase leading to the upper floors, more office space on the second and third floor with four apartments on the fourth floor and a rooftop garden.

"You inquired about the health of our Supreme Leader before we left the government complex, the truth is he is in fast deteriorating health, a lung condition is all I have managed to ascertain, only his personal physicians know the full extent of his condition. He is increasingly loosing his mental capacity too, the meeting we just had was the most lucid I've seen him in a while" Greg sighed

"His increasing senility has only made his paranoia even worse, even now he has plans for another round of purges" Greg looked nervous, should he be divulging too much to his guests? But it may be his only chance to secure crucial support for his next move "He may be senile and old but he is still very dangerous, an early retirement and a peaceful transition is the best option but in any case, Edward Irons won't be around for much longer, I hope for Atltantian support and a continuation of the agreements we have already made in a post-Edward Irons world...." Greg waited for the Atltantian's response to these revelations
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:26 am

Peoples Cities wrote:Greg looked around, weary of the many bug's planted all over the government complex "We are a secretive state and I can not disclose or discuss the personal health of our supreme leader, I hope you understand, but please right this way"

They walked down the large cavernous hallways towards the front entrance and out the doors where a black electric vehicle waited to transport them
"After you" gestured Greg, for his guests to enter the back seat of the car first followed by Greg sitting opposite them

"Take us to 85 Garden Avenue" he ordered to the driver, who nodded his head before driving on "We can talk in greater detail about a very many things once we reach the property"

Logan Reynold nodded, quickly understanding what the implications of the man’s words were. It had been perhaps a foolish decision to even broach the subject while still in the government complex, and he regretted his rashness. Atlantian politics were not the usual den of vipers, mostly because the amount of true power that any federal official outside the military could wield was so low that the stakes weren’t high enough to merit cutthroat tactics. But it made sense that a government running a place like this would have listening devices planted everywhere. It was something to note for when the embassy was established.

Peoples Cities wrote:The car drove down the wide avenues, buildings inside the city walls were quite large, towering glass, steel and concrete structures. There was no advertisements anywhere, just large propaganda bill boards and large screens displaying footage the latest Edward Irons speech or archive footage of happy citizens dancing to some hymns. Eventually the car stopped outside a small 4 story building with an ornate stone masonry facing, wedged between two 30 story office and apartment buildings.

"Here it is" spoke Greg as a bodyguard in the front passenger seat stepped out and opened the door for the Atlantians and Greg who was the last to get out "Wait in the car" he said to the guard. Greg opened the front glass door of the building. Currently it was empty except for some boxes containing computer equipment and listening devices

"This building was being used by the Polity Control Agency, but we have since relocated, perhaps it can now serve as a temporary embassy or consulate" said Greg. The first floor was quite a large room with wooden floors, toward the back was the elevator and staircase leading to the upper floors, more office space on the second and third floor with four apartments on the fourth floor and a rooftop garden.

Logan indicated that his secretary Danielle should also wait in the car, then followed Greg into the structure. It seemed quite odd, sticking out like a sore thumb between its two much larger neighbors. He wondered idly why it had not been demolished to make room for another slab of block housing.

“This is an impressive space,” Logan commented as he followed Greg through the building. “I think it would make a fine location.”

Peoples Cities wrote:"You inquired about the health of our Supreme Leader before we left the government complex, the truth is he is in fast deteriorating health, a lung condition is all I have managed to ascertain, only his personal physicians know the full extent of his condition. He is increasingly loosing his mental capacity too, the meeting we just had was the most lucid I've seen him in a while" Greg sighed

"His increasing senility has only made his paranoia even worse, even now he has plans for another round of purges" Greg looked nervous, should he be divulging too much to his guests? But it may be his only chance to secure crucial support for his next move "He may be senile and old but he is still very dangerous, an early retirement and a peaceful transition is the best option but in any case, Edward Irons won't be around for much longer, I hope for Atltantian support and a continuation of the agreements we have already made in a post-Edward Irons world...." Greg waited for the Atltantian's response to these revelations

Some of what Greg told Logan, the Atlantian had already puzzled out himself. It was obvious that the Supreme Leader was in ill health. His condition might be curable in an Atlantian hospital, especially one of the more expensive institutions favored by the upper crust. A feeble, going-senile leader, and a paranoid one as well, did not make for a stable long-term partner. Normally this would be something to be cleared through the Secretary of State, maybe even the President, back in Atlantia, but Logan had been given a wide discretion in his dealings here…

“I feel confident saying that my government will continue to support the agreements we’ve made here for the long-term,” Logan replied. “A mere change in leadership, assuming it brings no serious readjustments of your foreign policy, would not be sufficient for us to retreat from our commitments.”

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm

“I feel confident saying that my government will continue to support the agreements we’ve made here for the long-term,” Logan replied. “A mere change in leadership, assuming it brings no serious readjustments of your foreign policy, would not be sufficient for us to retreat from our commitments.”

Greg smiled at this. "Excellent. In the meantime is there anything else you wish to know or anything I can assist with. If you intend of staying here the upper floor apartments have running water and electricity and basic furnishings should you wish to stay here, otherwise there is accommodation back at the government complex"

...................................................................................................

Meanwhile back at the government complex

Edward Irons shuffled over to the large floor to ceiling windows of his sumptuous bedroom and looked into the sky at the large blimp that broadcast his image on its side, looking down over the city.

One of his assistants entered the room "Sir is there anything I can be of service with?" asked the assistant

The mere question and presence of this person annoyed Edward who turned and gave a menacing stare "I need to be left alone, now get out! Cough.... cough" rasped the old man, he then gripped his chest as a tight pain wrenched inside of him, his left arm feeling weak and numb. His eyes widened as he knew what was happening to him "Get..... my.... doctors!... get Greg!" Edward stumbled back and fell against the window as his assistant rushed up to him screaming for someone to help.....
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Peoples Cities wrote:Greg smiled at this. "Excellent. In the meantime is there anything else you wish to know or anything I can assist with. If you intend of staying here the upper floor apartments have running water and electricity and basic furnishings should you wish to stay here, otherwise there is accommodation back at the government complex"

“I think we will return to the government complex,” Ambassador Logan Reynold answered. “And I will need to contact my government to inform them of the success of our negotiations.” He had a secure satellite phone with which to contact the State Department in Cumberland, but Logan reckoned that it was best to be direct with Greg Marsden in order to make that call somewhere with a minimum amount of listening devices. The Secretary of State needed to be informed that the initial discussions had been so fruitful. Figuring out how to make the government aware of the potentially entrapping agreement he had made regarding the post-Irons succession was a bigger problem.

Peoples Cities
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Cities » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Greg nodded, "very well, let us return to the government complex"
The small group made their way out of the building and back to the vehicle parked outside, ready and waiting to take them through the city and back to the walled government complex.

Meanwhile back at the complex

There was panic as people rushed around trying to stabilize the supreme leader who had suffered a debilitating heart attack, he seemed to have fallen into some kind of comber. Executive Miles Anderson of the Orensbell polity was one of the first officials to the scene.

"Where is Greg? He should be here" Miles was a bit tetchy with everything going on

"He's still with the Atlantean's"

"Well why hasn't he been contacted yet, this is an emergency! We need the Polity Control Agency chief here at once!"

"Ofcourse Executive Anderson" the aides acted quickly pulling out the phone and contacting Greg who recieved the call while in the car on the way back.

Taking the call in the car with the Atlantean's Greg was careful not to show much emotion, keeping a calm and composed "Yes.... We are returning to the complex and will be there shortly..." is all he said before hanging up. He remained emotionless even after receiving the call but inside was filled with a kind of relief and joy that finally the old bastard was on his death bed.

Before long the vehicle sped into the walled complex and Greg ordered some guards to escort the Atlantean's to their sleeping quarters "These people will take you to you rooms, now if you excuse me I have some urgent matters to attend too"

With that Greg quickly made his way through the cavernous hallways and rooms and up a few flights of marble stairs to where the supreme leader was laying, on his large bed surrounded by doctors, officials and medical equipment that was keeping him alive

"How is he?" asked Greg

Miles Anderson replied promptly "He is in a stabilized condition but has fallen into a kind of comber and can't be waked"

Greg snorted at this, we should let the old man die, he thought to himself "Well, this is a perilous situation, but I'm sure the supreme leader would not want to live as a vegetable, perhaps we should start preparing for the worst" replied Greg

Miles let out a slight gasp "The supreme leader left instructions that should he ever be incapacitated he was to be kept alive as long as possible and revived and rehabilitated"

"Well is there any hope he will wake from this?" asked Greg

"We are not sure" replied one of the doctors

"Right..... Well as chief of the Polity Control Agency and second in command I will take command and rule in the supreme leaders stead while he is incapacitated. As far as the rest of the country knows, our dear supreme leader is in perfect health. There is no need to make any of this public"

"Of course chief" replied Miles.

Secretly Greg was overjoyed that finally the end was in sight and soon he would be in complete control of the country with no paranoid, grumpy old bastard hanging around, though there was still the possibility he would wake from his comber and recover. Already the doctors were making plans for a heart transplant operations, an operation that Greg would have to sabotage somehow.
FT Parak Star Nation
MT Republic of Rinpek

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Peoples Cities wrote:Greg nodded, "very well, let us return to the government complex"
The small group made their way out of the building and back to the vehicle parked outside, ready and waiting to take them through the city and back to the walled government complex.

Before long the vehicle sped into the walled complex and Greg ordered some guards to escort the Atlantean's to their sleeping quarters "These people will take you to you rooms, now if you excuse me I have some urgent matters to attend too"

Logan Reynold could tell something was up as they returned to the government complex. The place was more active than the last time they had been here, where everything had been done with a subdued air. Now people were frantic-looking people rushing around, some of whom looked like medical personnel. Their guide Greg Marsden seemed on edge as well. He was trying a bit too hard to control whatever emotions he wanted hidden and Logan could see him holding back as the Policy Control Agency chief handed the two Atlantians off and made his exit.

The Atlantian ambassador knew better than to say anything, however. These people clearly preferred to keep their business private, and so if he got any answer at all it was likely to be the smoke and mirrors official line instead of the truth. Asking awkward or unwanted questions could also jeopardize the new relationship he had come here to build between the two nations.

So instead Logan followed the guards up the lavish quarters the government had provided them. They were spacious and luxurious, a grade above even the best hotels in Atlantia. Logan stripped out of the upper layers of his suit, rolling the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows and kicking off his shoes. His personal secretary Danielle didn't remove any of her own clothing, despite her attire being far tighter and likely uncomfortable than the ambassador's. Like almost every woman employed by a man in the Atlantian Dominions, her dress was controlled by her employer every moment she was in his sight. Danielle had been Logan's secretary long enough to know he would make it clear when she was permitted to take off the short skirt and tight blouse, though the lingerie she was wearing underneath - chosen by Logan and presented to her without any chance for her input or protest - wasn't any more casual or comfortable.

"Dial up the home office," he told her, reclining on one of the beds while he gave Danielle her marching orders. "I'll need to report to Pierce. And I'll have a drink, the usual. There's bound to be a minbar in here somewhere."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents