NATION

PASSWORD

I Wish I Wasn't in Dixie: Across the Way (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dalria
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalria » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:46 pm

Jack - March 17th, 1962

Jack chuckled, "resume" he muttered under his breath before starting up, "ma'am I have quite the resume. I served as a patriot with the Irish Republican Army since I was a teenager. I went on to serve with a private military outfit in Africa to protect Belgian and English mineral assets on the Gold Coast and shortly after was contact by the Angelo-French forces to serve in the conflict with the Soviets. I fought for nearly one year on the Eastern front, deep in Soviet territory. I soon left the conflict in the east and fled to this great land of opportunity in the Americas; ending up in the ranks as a mercenary for the Imperial States, serving in the Pacific theater. After that conflict ended, I found work where I could whether it collecting debts or protecting certain individuals such as yourself".

Jack swiveled his head around the room, "there ain't no lad in here that is more qualified than I am sir and madam, I can promise. With that being said; a monthly stipend of $1500 with expenses covered for a duration no less than three months and room for an extended contract upon exceptional work. I think that is a fair deal!" Jack spit in his hand and reached out to Edwin.
Last edited by Dalria on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:01 am

Nell & Edwin Choate

Edwin stared at Jack's spit covered palm, with some sanitary qualms, and then looked over at Nell who was giving him the look to go on.

"Ah, yes indeed. We have a deal," he replied. He then took the Irishman's hand and shook.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:32 am

From the moment Alister had pulled out the revolver Alister was already getting flashbacks. Back in the late 30's when the massacre at Smolensk had forced the Allied forces into a retreat, Alister and what remained of his company were stuck out in the Russian woods, no food, no medicine and still a long, long way to Minsk so when they came across a small Russian village... they really had no other choice but to abandon their Morales and raid the place for anything they had that could help them get back to Minsk, Alister could recall with perfect clarity the looks of pure disgust on the Russian's faces as he kept his rifle trained on them. Yet this man was potentially not even human anymore and so if he did indeed pose a threat Alister would have no hesitation in pulling the trigger.

A grimace passed over Alister's face as he said in a monotone voice "Now I need you to do something rather simple for me, I need you to remember where you were 10 years ago because I happen to recall seeing a face just like yours in small obscure town called Laggards Burrow and well if you were indeed in that town then you'll understand that I really need to know what you were doing there and what you are doing here in this complex."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

A Job Offer From The Mob

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 am

Sean Rockwell opened the door and let the mobster in, keeping his gun pointed at the man. "What do you want?" The gunslinger asked the mobster as he pressed the revolver to the man's chest. "If my boss can't pay the commission their cut, his boss is going to send a bunch of guys to make an example of him. We've been shaking people down for their cash, pocket watches, and jewelry, but I don't think it will be enough. Unfortunately, my boss doesn't have enough guys to go toe to toe with the boys from New York." The mobster said to Sean Rockwell as he tossed him a bag of coins and pocket watches. "Tell "The Carpenter" that I will help him deal with Don Giovanni's men if he gives up Nelson Andrews." Sean Rockwell said to the Mobster, the man simply nodding and leaving.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Refugee Apartment Complex #12-Formerly Sunnygrove Apartments
Apartment Corridor
Time: 8:24 am.

Nelson's let out a deep sigh as he somewhat started to remember the voice despite it being over a decade ago. He spoke up with confidence saying "I wasn't even originally supposed to go towards that place, but instead Mexico city yet fate stopped us all near it". Nelson turned to face the man before saying "I was investigating the occult presence in Mexico at the time, and as it turns out the town was flushed with it, and ultimately it took one blood moon to end most of it". Nelson decided to lean back against the wall before finishing the mans questions. "I am here because the same thing that was going on in Laggards Burrow is going on here, but in fact is a lot worse so what did you want to know?".
Last edited by Benuty on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 am

Alister was somewhat taken a back by this man's response, if this man were indeed a Columbian occult investigator it could lead to any attempt for Alister to leave Columbia being dashed for attacking a member of the government, yet Alister had met many a man in his travels across Columbia who claimed to be a member of the imperial government. Yet there was a part of what this man said about the events of Laggards Burrow happening once more that truly concerned Alister.

Alister made sure to keep his thoughts off his face and then spoke up once more " I believe that inspectors are meant have some kind of identification on them, we wouldn't want anyone intimidating them now would we."

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Apartment Corridor
Time: 8:25 am.

Nelson's mind flushed with memories of what occurred in Laggards Burrow a somewhat dreadful little town overflowing with all kinds of occultic activity. Everything from the anarchist warlord Papa Jack to the Acolyte Jessica Dunn who engaged with him at various dinner parties on the subject of death, and immortality. Their final meeting was somewhat less civil as he personally lead the attack on her mansion to put an end to her little cult chapter stationed in the town. A lot of good people died that day, and the mansion went up in flames as he put several bullets in her. Moving through his pockets he pulled out the official ID of an Imperial Bureau of Investigations member...flashing it before the man even if it didn't do Nelson much good anymore these days.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:16 pm

"Did Sean Rockwell agree to my generous proposal, Milos?" Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to the mobster who was sent to hire the local gunslinger. "He will fight for us if we help him bag Nelson Andrews." Milos said to Luca Soprano. "Sean Rockwell on my payroll and an IBI Agent eliminated. It looks like Christmas has come early for us. If our luck holds up, we will own this town. Sure, I will still have to pay the commission its cut, but we won't be taking orders from Giovanni anymore." Luca Soprano said to Milos before dismissing him for the day.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dalria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalria » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Jack - March 17th, 1962

Jack was overjoyed as their hands met. It was years since he had a steady job; debt collecting and convoy protection only got you so far in this world. These two seemed important; this would give Jack a greater sense of meaning than the doped up state he had been in for the last few weeks since he arrived in Oklahoma. He nodded at the man, "I shall return!" the Irish boy danced off. He gathered his bandoleer and other gear and suited up. Jack made his way back to the dining area, now suited as a proper mercenary and took up next his new employers.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:04 am

Nell & Edwin Choate

When Jack pranced off to get his mercenary gear, Edwin looked flummoxed. Nell spoke to him.

"Quite an honest fellow. Maybe a little strange, but aren't we all?"

Mrs. Walcott could be seen in the background, kissing a handkerchief repeatedly and adjusting her hat for when she'd next see Nelson. Meanwhile, Jim Derby was hanging a spoon off his nose to impress Miss Bartoll, who had returned to her breakfast from wiping Mrs. Babcock's tears. Mr. Herrick was not amused.

"Anyway," continued Nell, "I like him."

"Yes, yes, he seems to be quite swell," replied Edwin somewhat curtly, sitting down.

Once Jack returned, Nell kindly acknowledged him. "Ah, I see you have gotten your things together. Dear Jack, how professional!"

She then got to work on the first phase of her plan to protect their expats.

"I shall write a list to present to the Outpost command. I can only hope that our connections shell prevail in this case, but we must have confidence!" From her handbag, she pulled out a pen and stationary. "Let's see..." She wrote the name of all the expatriates down. "Alright everyone, if you have not received a letter please check your name here. If this Outpost plan is the only way to return everyone to New England, we can't offer guarantees but will do our utmost to remedy the situation. Please inform and mark here if you would like us to make a case."

She passed around the stationary. Trusting the Choates, quite a few of the expats marked it such as the Wentworths and Babcocks. The young Jim Derby and Ellie Bartoll didn't mark it, revealing that they already received them. The Herricks hesitated, and didn't mark it either. Mrs. Walcott passed it up with a lipsticked smile. "My dear, I believe I've already found my calling here."

Nell gave her a doubting glance, and then continued once the paper was back in her hand. "Thank you all. Now we shall do all we can."

Edwin nodded meekly, well-acquainted with his wife's diplomatic tact. "Indeed."

The group then continued as they were. The Babcocks seemed to have recuperated, and were now eating, if wearily. Everyone seemed to be doing alright at present, and now waited for what was to come next.
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 am, edited 7 times in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Alister was in utter shock, this man was truly an imperial investigator who he had just held a gun to and had actively threatened, yet this also confirmed what this man had been saying about the events of Laggards Burrow happening once more. Good God Alister needed to get out of this city fast.

He shakily put his gun back into his revolver and said "Sir I am well and truly sorry, you can never be too careful these days the occult lurks around every corner and the town of Laggards Burrow was a beacon to it, but before I take my leave I believe you said something about some sort of the events that occurred a decade ago happening again do you mean to say that the cult of death is coming to this very city?" Alister shuddered at the mere though of it, the pale ghoul like figures who haunted the graveyards of any settlement they inhabited, Alister could remember when they first tried to ensnare him in their web, their offer sounded so innocent and genuine as if they simply wished to free the poor denizens of the Earth Alister had almost been swayed yet something had seemed so inherently wrong about the world they desired to create leading Alister to turn away from them. If this organisation had the chance to bring about this cruel vision in Oklahoma city then Alister needed to get out of dodge fast.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Apartment Corridor
Time: 8:27 am.

Nelson spoke up "Its quite alright, you aren't the first person to point a gun at me, and you probably won't be the last. Ever since I destroyed the cults chapter in Laggards Burrow, and started purging mexico of any occult influence I have practically become a target of every major criminal, and occult group. As for whether the 'order of death' they are already here probably within some of the ritzier areas of the city. They like to hide out among the rich sections since their wealthy patrons can afford to build places for the cult to hide out in. Its probably why none of the local Columbian elite were forced into the refugee districts".

Nelson started walking, and motioned for the man to come with him to a quieter area before speaking up. "Every ten years the moon turns red because of some powerful disturbance in the realm of men, and the cult known as the order uses it to amplify their powers. Ten years ago the cult tried to complete a ritual that would have ended our world by introducing their 'god' into our reality. The cult worships death, and believes this 'god' will enlighten them, and allow them to live forever, but first they needed ten volunteers to willingly become 'avatars' in order to complete the ritual. A group of people, and I stopped the tenth avatar, and destroyed the cult before the ritual could be complete, but the cult still has other chapters, and nine other avatars left over".

Nelsons face became somewhat grimaced "It seems that someone is picking up the work, and is trying to rush to get what they need to resurrect the 'tenth avatar' in time for the blood moon. All the bad shit thats been happening with over half of humanity dead...its all the fault of this cult for messing in affairs of life, and death. The dead are meant to pass on, and be reborn, but the cult doesn't want to die, and instead live forever. So now all these ghouls running amok are souls who died, but couldn't leave, and are tormented by it. Unlike the previous risings this time anyone who dies comes back as a ghoul, so if the cult wins...humanity loses for good, and I intend on stopping it".

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Sean Rockwell Meets Luca Soprano

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 pm

"You "The Carpenter"? I expected you to be fatter." Sean Rockwell asked Luca Soprano. "I get that a lot. Milos tells me you want me to give up an Imperial Occult Inspector. Nelson Andrews, was it? The sooner you get rid of him, the sooner I can branch out. You must understand that I did not become a businessman by being an idiot. I can see the writing on the wall: real estate, like the stagecoach, is a dying industry. In order to keep my men loyal, I need to get a new source of income. Chianti? I found it in my room. Must have belonged to a booze hound." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to Sean Rockwell as he poured two glasses of Chianti, offering one to Sean Rockwell. "A drink of Italian booze is as good as any." Sean Rockwell said to Luca Soprano. "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship." Luca said before the two men drank the Chianti.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:18 am

Alistair nearly fell backwards out of pure shock from what this man was saying, it all meant that the catastrophies of this world and the death of half of mankind had not been brought on by the coming day of judgement but had instead been done by the hands of man, and to think that his time on the eastern front had crushed his faith in mankind, the mere fact that human beings like him would not only end the lives of half their race but then keep their souls trapped on this earth in tormented and warped forms... It was almost too much to bear.

It was a cherry on the cake that these twisted creatures that masqueraded as human beings were coming to inflict their foul tortures upon himself and all these people around him, not only were cultists coming but the living embodiment of their dark gods themselves. It was as if misery followed Alistair wherever he went.

He buried his head in his hands and muttered a few words vaguely similar to "but what... Why... How could god?"

To Alistair it seemed as if all hope in the world was gone for but a few moments, yet then a very different emotion filled Alistair; anger, perhaps these people had not only caused the increase in ghouls yet perhaps it was they who brought about the ghouls in the first place, if that were true then his entrapment in this country and even the events at Smolensk was all down to them.

Alistair took control of himself once more and said "thank you sir for this... Information I think now that I must retire to my room, but I do hope we meet again." With that Alistair began slowly walking back to his room to contemplate everything he'd been told.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:47 pm

March 17th, 1962
Oklahoma City--Downtown District
Outpost-12 Testing & Processing Center
Noontime

Despite some much needed persuasion the entire group of letter bearers from refugee district #01 had finally gathered at the lobby of the testing and processing center. Along the way they saw that despite the overbearing presence of military, fortifications, sentries, trenches, and more the downtown district had some civilian life still occurring. Despite the frequent questioning the steward, a very tall man with moorish complexion was fairly quiet. Where his voice lacked his door knocking was quite loud enough for most of the people to get some idea of who he was. The most observant of the letter bearers could potentially see a tiny scar on his throat. Whether as a result of an injury or a deliberate punishment would remain unknown since the man was a stoic.

The guards for the refugee district seemed to recognize the man since they let him, and the crowd of oddball characters, and others following him leave without molestation. It was a short, but cramped ride in a ridiculously large motor carriage that the driver called a "bus". Apparently had the crisis not occurred the first set of buses were going to be released nationwide, but it appears only the military have them for now. After a few minutes the crowd was at the tram (or trolley depending on where you were from), and it took a ten minute ride to get to the facility. Along the way the passengers could see how radically different downtown looked, and as a result many started to have an incredibly somber look on their face. When they arrived at the incredibly large complex the outside was in decent condition, and the inside was an assortment of amazing colors.

The steward held up his hand to the group, and told the secretary in a whisper the next appointment group was here. She was one of a few secretaries who maintained the lobby with its rainbow of colors, and somewhat minimalist furniture designed for comfort, and utility rather than fashion. This place certainly wouldn't win any awards in the fashion magazines they peddled across Columbia, but a woman in a plain yet still somewhat elegantly made white dress came forward. At first look it seems like this was the most exciting thing for her all day, and with that she spoke up. "I, want to personally welcome everyone of you lucky individuals to our testing & processing center of Outpost-12, does anyone have any questions?".

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:33 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate

The ride over to the facility was easy enough for the Choates, though not without some mental difficulty. They said see you soon, but not goodbye, to their countrymen who hadn't received letters and got willingly onto the bus with those who had. However, they did not enjoy the ride in this cramped vehicle. Furthermore, seeing the downtown in such a disarray did dishearten the couple to a degree; yet, they did not let this plunge their moods. After all, this was not their native city nor native land, and they had a plan to leave it.

In the colorful lobby of the facility (which Nell indeed thought was designed with a rather poor sense of fashion), the Choates were standing across from the white-clad woman, holding each others arms while bodyguard Jack was assumedly by their side. Nell was ready to carry out the next phase of her plan, or at least to make an attempt.

"I have one. Who is in charge here?" asked Nell determinedly. "We would like to have a word..."

Mr. Herrick, who had also received a letter with his wife, thought of another matter to bring up to the woman before them and disrupted Nell question. "Miss, may I ask for my wife's sake when the airships are coming? We'd hate to wait long..." Nell shot him a glare, thinking he might ruin her plan's chances. While Mr. Herrick was not easily cowed, he also knew of Nell's determination, and so he ceased his query hesitantly. "...though it would be best that you address Mrs. Choate here first."

"It's important that you do," added Edwin. "My wife and I are representatives of New England in this country, with my title being Consul General of the Columbian Mid-West, and we must speak to your superiors imperatively."
Last edited by Biscaria on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:04 pm

March 17th, 1962
Outpost-12 Testing & Processing Center [Lobby]
12:05 pm

The lady simply smiled at the couple, and looked at the lady in front of him "Mrs. Choate, I am very aware of your unfortunate situation, and we are doing everything in our power to handle it. I know the military has been somewhat harsh to the people in this city, but if you will simply wait everyone here will get their chance to speak with my supervisor. It is customary that my supervisor addresses every single one of you while administering the test we perform. I must say though, several of you are very lucky because someone in the highest levels of our organization pulled strings for you in order to get those letters. Once everyone has asked their questions you will all have time to voice your complaints, requests, and questions to my boss personally".

The lady pressed a button, and behind her on a noticeably empty bulletin board popped up an image containing an update map of the current situation in North America. There were x marks all over the place to represent cities which had been wiped out by the perspective militaries of the north american nations. The New England portion of the map had a few x marks in places such as Montpelier, Vermont, and Bridgeport, Connecticut among a few others. There were also a season of dots representing cities in active combat with a lot of them centered strangely in Massachusetts. Every single nation had a black color representing areas completely devoid of human life or overrun by the occult.

In Columbia the situation was particularly distressing as Arizona, and New Mexico are just gone. Large portions of the five states of texas are either gone or under severe duress, and California is hanging on by using Mexico as bridge to the empire. Oklahoma City is in a particularly distressing situation as it is almost encircled by the black color. If true it would explain why the military are so intent on defending the place no matter the cost of civil rights. The lady spoke up "with the civilian government in Montgomery suspended we effectively are the only form of it left outside of the military, and the Emperor himself, so we really are trying our best here" she said sighing heavily before looking to see if the crowd had any other questions.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate

"Hmph, I see... very well..." Nell then studied the map board, distressed at the fighting shown in her native land. She still had her plan together, but she wasn't sure if some of those she wished to save would come back to anything. Nell knew of the occult's activeness in the region for a while, and already knew of what Nelson Andrews had told, but she was somewhat shocked to see open fighting so extensively displayed. Boston, for example, was portrayed as something of a war zone just as that Andrews fellow had said. She wondered if old Asenath Goldthwait was part of the fighting; she swore she didn't see any marks on her old home, despite a few surrounding places possessing them. The [X] marks distressed her as well, thinking briefly about the terrible death toll they implicated, though she took some small relief in the confirmation that Hartford was extant. She had confidence that her father was still with them. In the end, she decided not to speak out anymore to this woman as she did not wish to reveal her managed distress.

Edwin, also distressed, took her lead though he couldn't resist letting out one statement in response to the map. "I hope mother's alright..."

Meanwhile, Mr. Herrick resumed his previous question, shielding his easily-distressed wife's eyes from the map board. "Mr. Samuel Herrick here, also of New England. When are the airships coming?"
Last edited by Biscaria on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dalria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:43 am

Jack - March 17th, 1962

Jack moved along with his new employers steadily. Seeing as he prevailed in his attempt to barter a decent paying contract, he would do whatever it took to continue this prosperous situation. Although a seemingly naive bunch, the Choate's seemed like good people, better people than the usual crowd that Jack would find himself with. As the group entered the crowded vehicle, Jack uneasily eyed the crowd, observant of all around him. He made sure to take a seat across from the couple, tipping his hat towards them as a sign of acknowledgement.

When the three exited the transportation, Jack made his way behind the couple as they held arms and moseyed over to the white-clad woman. He watched the confrontation but kept his mouth shut, he continually examined the area. Such a large crowd in such a dangerous world, he didn't wish to stay here long and hoped they'd move the three of them out as fast as possible. He did stop his hawk-scan to overlook the map that the officials had pulled up on the board. So many places gone, desolated and plagued with death. He spotted many places he had done work in and thanked that he was now in the safety of this city. The thank didn't last long as he knew that it wouldn't be safe for much longer and that the comfort of the city would be lost to them soon if they didn't act quickly.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Alistair had to be practically dragged out of the building in order for him to be sent to this testing and processing facility, Alistair had no intention of spending the rest of his years in one of these outposts he'd much rather be making his way across Columbia back to the east coast where he could hopefully find some way of passage back to the Anglo-French union. Alistair was however rather impressed by the somewhat buzzing civilian district of Oklahoma city, throughout his travels across America all he had found was desolate city after desolate city, a complete absence of Human life yet here mankind persisted, however from the information he had received it was not likely to persist for much longer.

And as their kind host continued answering questions from the New Englander couple it seemed as if his information was confirmed further, the entire city was surrounded by eldritch forces meaning that his idea of escaping the city and makking his way to the east coast was out of the picture yet that still made the idea of waiting the apocolypse out in an armoured bunker no more appeling. Yet one thing didn't make sense to Alistair, why him? Surely the job of a government should be to protect it's own citizens not some gaggle of random travalers from across the world.

when the women finished answering the New Englander couple's questions Alistair decided to speak up with his own question "Excuse me miss but why are we here, half of us aren't even Columbian citizens so why exactly have you lot gone out of your way to make sure we're all here rather than making an effort to protect your own citizens?"

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:39 pm

March 17th, 1962
12:08 pm

The lady in the white dressed didn't wait long to answer the man enquiring about the Zeppelins. "You must understand sir that with the collapse of civilian authority, the Zeppelins for this region are exclusively under our control, and not only that, but it takes time as they have to keep tabs on our supply facilities. Currently our Zeppelin in this region will be here within a few days once it connects with a supply facility up in the mountains of western virginia". It became quite clear that the crowd was going to have a lot of questions, but one question from a gentlemen with a particularly english accent stuck out to her. "Sir, you must understand quite a few of you here merely are at the pleasure of someone at the highest levels of our organization".

The lady in white started to move closer to the crowd "The answer to your question is the fact that collapse is simply inevitable, and we are doing our best to ensure a portion of is preserved for the inevitable end-game scenario. The civilian government is disbanded, and someone at the highest levels of our organization simply insisted quite a few of you receive the precious letters people in this city are pining for. I cannot divine the reasons for this, but the one of the national directors clearly thought that their was something special about quite a few of you to interfere in our lottery process. The military is merely here to keep order, and try to fight the various beings, and factions that are against us, but it is a losing battle. Once Columbia goes the rest of North America goes, and eventually the world will follow suit".

The lady breathed a sigh of relief, and said "However we here at the 'Humanity Outpost Program' are here to preserve the species against all ills both man made, and horrors of untold imagination. We aren't merely a few bunkers across the disparate nations of the world, but have been explicitly funded by nearly all world governments in order to ensure humanity survives. Outpost-12 is one of our more experimental models being a fully fledged city with enough capacity to house 300,000 people. Currently there are 30,000 people from all over the southwest transitioning to the outpost. Outpost-12 is like all other outposts self sufficient with enough supplies to feed for centuries, and enough men, and arms for a global war, but war isn't what humanity needs right now".

The lady in white asked the people in the crowd the question "what does humanity need right now?". It wasn't long before Nelson spoke up in a harsh voice "to survive, while otherworldly things run amok on our planet?". The lady in white turned sharply, and her face displayed serious anger before laughing "You would know a lot about otherworldly affairs wouldn't you Mr. Andrews. I don't know why for the life of me the director shows interests in you after that debacle in Mexico, but rest assured some of our best are working on how to handle, contain, and destroy the outside threats. After those things have had their fun cleaning up the planet, we will wait a few decades, and repopulate a brand new world one not haunted by the mistakes of the past".

The lady laughed before saying "your people had their chance to take the fight against the true enemy Andrews, and you bought humanity ten good years with that scandal in Laggards Burrow. I suppose the director wanted you in the project so when you are old, and nearing death you can see how to truly rebuild this dying world of ours." Nelsons face was full of dissappointment before the lady spoke up again "Regardless, once all of you are accepted into the outpost program, we aren't going to force you to go to Outpost-12. You won't be the only people we have relocated to their homelands, but with the global system collapsing we cannot make any definitive promises." The lady pressed a button on the table "So does anyone have any questions before you go meet this facilities director for testing, and don't worry he will answer everyones questions in due time".

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:58 pm

The bus ride had been a bit cramped, yet still comfortable for his standards, though downtown had changed a lot since the military took over, as the efforts spared in maintenance were clearly going to more important efforts. The processing centre was practically a different world, though it's lobby's decorations vibrant palette and style clashed greatly with the occupant's clothes. Among them, James recognised a few familiar faces from the apartments, but he didn't really know them. He would have time though, assuming they could get to the outpost before the unholy abominations that they were informed of broke through.

Catching glimpses of the complex map that had been set before them, he started to doubt the once potent and well-oiled Columbian war machine, in which he placed his trust and patriotic pride. The papers didn't speak of such defeats, and only rumours talked about the dreadful situation. Atticus made his way from the back of the crowd to examine the map better, before raising his voice to ask a question.

"Excuse me madam, but what will be the restrictions on baggage?" It was a simple question, but he knew that the secretary probably wouldn't be able to answer his greater doubts. "Also, will the outposts follow this colour palette? It seems rather ... unorthodox."

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm

March 17th, 1962
12:10 pm

The lady looked at the man who just spoke up in regards to baggage, and other things. "You will be permitted to bring up to one suitcase per person since the outposts have spent the last thirty years gathering supplies for the comfort of its residents. The food as an example will be so much better than what the military has been giving out to those in need at the refugee districts. As for the color scheme admittedly it is odd, but the facility director believes a contrast to the currently grim situation is needed. The outposts in general follow a more balanced color scheme that isn't clashing to the eyes, but then again they aren't worried about being overrun by unholy things so they can afford to be picky".

The lady smiled, and hoped people would ask a few more questions before the next part of the procedure began. "Once everyone is done with their questions, you will all step into the elevators before me". These elevators were different, and had thick glass walls, and strange hose like appendages out the side. "Once inside, for the safety of the testing crew, you will have to be split into groups, and decontaminated before you reassemble below. Disease is not a thing we can afford to be spreading even with our abundance of medical aid these days...things simply aren't what they used to be".
Last edited by Benuty on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Nell & Edwin Choate

Edwin took in the woman's words and looked at the elevators. He glanced over at Jack and remembered the spit and handshake, and then looked over at the elevators again. "Disinfection. That's probably for the best."

Nell looked at Edwin concernedly. "Really, Edwin? Those things in the elevators look like they're more primed to defile than clean."

"I don't think the good woman would lie about the matter... things really aren't what they used to be. After all, we have recently been forced to live in something of a hole."

"Hmm, I suppose you're right..." Nell looked around and spotted some sketchy looking men in the crowd and quickly turned back to Edwin before anyone would notice her stare, and then whispered to him. "...though from the looks of it, some here were likely in a hole long before."
Last edited by Biscaria on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:49 am

"You blue bloods are all the same. "Oh, why do I have to eat in the presence of the poor instead of attending some plantation owner's ball?" "Why is the safe zone in the poor part of town?" Shut the Hell up, Old Money! The world is currently going to Hell in a hand basket and if the map is accurate, going further down the drain, but instead of being glad that you get to live in safety while the rest of the world burns, you whine because your previous living conditions weren't Masque of The Red Death. Sure, I may be part of the Crème De Le Crème, but unlike you or your wife, I wasn't born with the silver spoon in my mouth. It doesn't matter what you were before things went belly up. You are stuck in here with us now, so stop with the fake tears and the staged gnashing of teeth." Luca "The Carpenter" Soprano said to Edwin Choate, his voice seething with rage.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse