NATION

PASSWORD

12 dead in Thousand Oaks, Ca bar

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:37 am

Crysuko wrote:
Puldania wrote:Universal Armament would be fine if everyone was responsible. Of course, that's too much to ask for in America.

Universal armament in America would be a bloodbath, if you think gun crime and mass shootings are a problem now then that would catalyse is tenfold.

Bullshit. Crime is currently trending down while gun ownership and carry is up. No reason to assume that these trends would change.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Don't forget the "gunshow loophole" fiasco.

Since I don't follow the gun world; what are these two?

The "gun-show loophole" is the fact that private sellers at gun shows are not required to perform background checks. The gun grabbers try to misinform lie to people that this means no one, including FFL dealers are not required to.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am

Big Jim P wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Since I don't follow the gun world; what are these two?

The "gun-show loophole" is the fact that private sellers at gun shows are not required to perform background checks. The gun grabbers try to misinform lie to people that this means no one, including FFL dealers are not required to.

Ok. Pardon my confusion.

So basically private sellers at gun shows are not required to do this.

The FFL people still do and people are saying they don't?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:50 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

Ok. Pardon my confusion.

So basically private sellers at gun shows are not required to do this.

The FFL people still do and people are saying they don't?

The gun grabbers say the FFLs don't. One of their lies to promote their infringement attempts.
Hail Satan!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:53 am

Since the thread has moved beyond the specific incident into a more general ... is discussion the right word? Anyway, gun control seems to be the topic now and we have a thread on that, right here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=439114 (what does "gunnening" even mean?). This thread is locked.

There's been a good deal of baiting and flaming and general bad behavior here. You can do better.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Return to General