NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 am

Marco

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will cocked the "flare gun" for effect and said "All right pal, I'm sure you just missed the electric perimeter fence and the private property signs. I don't give a fuck about your medicine, we ain't marching to a point on the river either miles away from here or near any actual threat that you may have percieved. Now for the love of god SOMEONE CHECK HIS WRIST!"

''You heard him Notebook!'' Marco exclaimed towards Lucas. ''Grow a spine and prove you're a hardback by examining Dr Auschwitz here.'' He added the last part rather insensitively, having never met a foreigner before and remembering the old war films his stepfather watched.

No one would miss Lucas if something wrong were to happen, no one except Monty but with him and Donny she'd get over some creepy nerd soon enough. But this was now just getting ridiculous - some mad German doctor popping up all alone in the middle of the Ghostwoods, talking about wendigos? What in Sam Hill was going on here? This had to be some kind of practical joke but it was unnerving him somewhat, not that he'd make it obvious to everyone.

He didn't expect Will to get even more pissed at the stranger than himself and it was really starting to feel personal between those two folks who had never even previously met, or so he assumed for the better. Neither did he expect the Denson kid to take the time to rebuff the crazy stranger's claims with his own - what was this a pseudo-history debate?

Damn Denson, didn't know you the motorcycle rebel actually cared about your family name. But... what if this quack is actually on to something? This place ain't right, I can feel it in the damn air.

''You said you had a partner, Doc?'' he asked the German. ''Well then where the hell is he, huh? I don't buy he'd just leave you alone, especially if ya'll were hunting f*****g wendigo or whatever. And if you're your short on you're chill pills then you'd be a god damned fool to venture into a forest without expecting to lose em.''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 am

Evan

Evan was a little annoyed at having to leave his shotgun in his truck. And now they were faced with a schizophrenic who had popped up out of nowhere, which was surprising. Evan said,"Everyone, let's try an' stay calm. We don't want a fight, right? How 'bout we take 'im with us, an' drop him off in th' mornin'?"
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan

Evan was a little annoyed at having to leave his shotgun in his truck. And now they were faced with a schizophrenic who had popped up out of nowhere, which was surprising. Evan said,"Everyone, let's try an' stay calm. We don't want a fight, right? How 'bout we take 'im with us, an' drop him off in th' mornin'?"

''Take em with us? I ain't eating the s***t outta his lying ass, neither should you hillbilly,'' responded Marco.

''Just like this place itself this guy don't feel right, ya get me? If the ghost of Old Man Johnson just appeared I'd doubt you'd have us dine at his family cabin.''

He could barely stand Lucas being around, like hell he'd be okay just rolling rolling over for some new creepy loner they just met.

We should shoot him. With that gun of his Will should deal with this freak and we'd be in the right since he's some trespassing weirdo claiming to be a doctor. He's trouble, no doubt about it.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:59 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan

''Take em with us? I ain't eating the s***t outta his lying ass, neither should you hillbilly,'' responded Marco.

''Just like this place itself this guy don't feel right, ya get me? If the ghost of Old Man Johnson just appeared I'd doubt you'd have us dine at his family cabin.''

He could barely stand Lucas being around, like hell he'd be okay just rolling rolling over for some new creepy loner they just met.

We should shoot him. With that gun of his Will should kill this freak and we'd be in the right since he's some trespassing weirdo claiming to be a doctor. He's trouble, no doubt about it.

Evan
Evan said,"I'm more'n a hillbilly. Anyway, we should be calm 'bout this, an' not jump ta conclusions. We should try an' figger out th' truth."
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:12 am

Monty
"Will, what's up with the wrists?" Monty asked urgently wanting to know what was going. He called it a 'special disease' going around these parts. She moved away from Don towards the supposed doctor a slight frown on her face. She wanted to say more, say something to Evan, but this took precedent. If worse came to worse- though for the time being someone had to step forward so Will felt in control.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:26 am

Harbertia wrote:Monty
"Will, what's up with the wrists?" Monty asked wanting to know what was going. He called it a 'special disease' going around these parts. She moved away from Don towards the supposed doctor a slight frown on her face. She wanted to say more, say something to Evan, but this took precedent. If worse came to worse- though for the time being someone had to step forward so Will felt in control.

Monty what the actual f**k are you doing? A look of panic flushed across his face that he quickly tried to suppress.

Marco had purposely tried to goad Lucas to approach the stranger when he found his own legs refused to move any further to him. He wanted to step forward and pull Monty back before she did anything stupid but found he could do nothing more than continue to stand in place, keeping Will's bear spray aimed ahead and trying to make it look like he was keeping guard over the rest of the group.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:30 am

Monty looked back keeping the supposed doctor in her peripheral, and extended her hand towards Marco, glancing slightly at the spray can to indicate what she desired. Glancing back at the supposed doctor, and then to Marco again. She didn't want to say much at this time.
Tomorrow is made today.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:33 am

Will sighed and said "I'll fucking explain more later, it's complicated as shit and if this fellah has what YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE CHECKING HIM FOR we'd be dead before I finished. Now is someone actually going to check Fritz's fucking wrist over here or are you just going to stand around and talk about the god damn atmosphere?"

As Will finished his sentence, a haunting cry came out of the woods, carrying on the breeze. Like a soft wail, the temperature itself seemed to drop in response to the noise. Will looked around quickly "Shit. We don't have time for this. Either someone checks him now or we just say he's tresspassing and deal with him the normal way. Either or, we got about 2 minutes to clear out."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:37 am

Harbertia wrote:Monty looked back keeping the supposed doctor in her peripheral, and extended her hand towards Marco, glancing slightly at the spray can to indicate what she desired. Glancing back at the supposed doctor, and then to Marco again. She didn't want to say much at this time.

It took Marco a few seconds before he realized what Monty was gesturing him for. Wordlessly he exhaled a small sigh and passed the can to her, feeling somewhat relieved at not having to take immediate action himself in this tense unexpected situation. Did she think he was a coward for not stepping up himself? The thought stirred some inner turmoil. Is that why she stepped forward instead of Lucas? Was she on to him?

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will sighed and said "I'll fucking explain more later, it's complicated as shit and if this fellah has what YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE CHECKING HIM FOR we'd be dead before I finished. Now is someone actually going to check Fritz's fucking wrist over here or are you just going to stand around and talk about the god damn atmosphere?"

As Will finished his sentence, a haunting cry came out of the woods, carrying on the breeze. Like a soft wail, the temperature itself seemed to drop in response to the noise. Will looked around quickly "Shit. We don't have time for this. Either someone checks him now or we just say he's tresspassing and deal with him the normal way. Either or, we got about 2 minutes to clear out."

''I...'' he didn't know what to do or say but felt embarrassed about his indecision.

He had given the can to Monty so did that mean she would now be the one to check this self-proclaimed doctor in the woods?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:30 am

Monty was by now approaching the stranger whose wrists where held out. She reached up so as to grasp his right arm from below with a serious glare into the stranger's eyes. Her eyes shiny from the watering prior- her face bold though appearing had a slight desperate air. Her grasp was strong- not harmful but certainly not gentile- restrictive as she broke her stare to gaze upon the stranger's right wrist and rotate it quickly to see the top and the veins. The wail still on her mind, along with Will's urgency. There was some scaring but to her it wasn't important to note; "There's nothing Will." she said letting the man's wrists fall and taking a step back. "Can we go now?"
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:01 am

(sorry, fell asleep and just woke up)
"Well, for one, I do not like being called Dr. Auschwitz. And, about my colleague, he went to see his mother because she got sick. And, Fräulein, or miss, thank you for being the only one who had enough guts to examine my wrist even though there is nothing. Anyways, where are you guys going?"
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:09 am

Monty quickly raised her hand up beside her as if to signal 'stop' but she was still holding the can of spray; "Don't- don't try to get friendly with us."
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 am

"Ok, ok. I just wanted to know where you guys were going. As, I'm lost and I can't remember the layout of the land. I only remember where I came from before I meet you!" he points in the direction you were walking in
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 am

New Tussia wrote:(sorry, fell asleep and just woke up)
"Well, for one, I do not like being called Dr. Auschwitz. And, about my colleague, he went to see his mother because she got sick. And, Fräulein, or miss, thank you for being the only one who had enough guts to examine my wrist even though there is nothing. Anyways, where are you guys going?"

''Don't buy into him, Denson,'' Marco asserted aggressively. ''I don't know what disease you're talking about but this guy is shady.''

''He says his so called colleague left to see his mother? What just up and left him in the middle of the woods on a house call? He must think we've got s**t for brains. He's a trespasser up to no good!''

Quelling his prior embarrassment he took another bated breath and stepped forth alongside Monty, actually using her presence for his own support and found he was getting less scared now that it was clear they were in a dominant position over the odd German. He glanced over at Monty's hand to see it was fine from touching that weirdo's wrists and thought about holding out his own for her like Donny had done but couldn't go through with it.

Clenching his fists he looked back at the stranger.

''Tell me Doc,'' he added the prefix sarcastically. ''You say you came from our direction before us? How long you been out here?''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:28 am

Will kept the gun out even if he stopped training it on the German. Another shrill cry pierced the night. Looking over his shoulders every once and a while he said "All right, we debate this later. Right now we got other things to do. Monty, walk with Fritz here and keep that spray at the ready. We'll get him to the clinic or the sheriffs, whichever he prefers, and then we'll roast some smores a good distance away from here. I'll answer any questions you guys have later, but for the moment, we need to get heading back." Will pointed the flare gun back at the German, and gesturing in the direction the group came from said "All right, hop two Fritz. Get walking."

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:30 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
New Tussia wrote:(sorry, fell asleep and just woke up)

''Don't buy into him, Denson,'' Marco asserted aggressively. ''I don't know what disease you're talking about but this guy is shady.''

''He says his so called colleague left to see his mother? What just up and left him in the middle of the woods on a house call? He must think we've got s**t for brains. He's a trespasser up to no good!''

Quelling his prior embarrassment he took another bated breath and stepped forth alongside Monty, actually using her presence for his own support and found he was getting less scared now that it was clear they were in a dominant position over the odd German. He glanced over at Monty's hand to see it was fine from touching that weirdo's wrists and thought about holding out his own for her like Donny had done but couldn't go through with it.

Clenching his fists he looked back at the stranger.

''Tell me Doc,'' he added the prefix sarcastically. ''Where did you even come from, was it from our direction before we got here?''

"If you paid attention to what I had said earlier; I had a Schizophrenic attack before I came here and I regained my senses and I was near some stream and saw some... strange monster across it. Well, I think. Anyways, about where I came from, I came from some stream that if I remember correctly is the direction you were walking before I stumbled upon you.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:33 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will kept the gun out even if he stopped training it on the German. Another shrill cry pierced the night. Looking over his shoulders every once and a while he said "All right, we debate this later. Right now we got other things to do. Monty, walk with Fritz here and keep that spray at the ready. We'll get him to the clinic or the sheriffs, whichever he prefers, and then we'll roast some smores a good distance away from here. I'll answer any questions you guys have later, but for the moment, we need to get heading back." Will pointed the flare gun back at the German, and gesturing in the direction the group came from said "All right, hop two Fritz. Get walking."

"I'm getting my f#cking medicine whether you like it or not! The clinic can't help me as they don't have the right ty-" the shrill cry processes "please tell me that it's my imagination!"

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:41 am

Will sighed and said "And now you've pissed me off Hansel. Get your ass moving now, and act like you didn't hear that noise. You've got five seconds before either I knock you out and drag you out of here, or you start walking in that direction. I've got little patience for excuse makers and trespassers, and you've exhausted both reserves."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:45 am

''Try anything funny, just try and I'll break yer face for it,'' claimed Marco to the Doctor, letting out a snickering smile.

That shrill in the air was rather ominous in its timing and he didn't like this situation one bit. So much for trying to hitch Carl and Monty but at the very least he was spared from an unpleasant trek into these unwelcoming ghostwoods. It seemed almost serendipitous really - like they were about to enter the belly of the beast but were now suddenly backing off just as they reach its jaws.

Without warning another strange shrill resonated across the trees.

What the hell is that sound? Wolves? Bears?

No - something about that sound was inherently insidious. He felt his back hairs raising at the thought that just maybe it was the sound of the ghostwoods itself, openly declaring its malicious intent.

''Denson, Dorian, ya'll are hearing that right?'' He was instantly nervous once again, taking a step back from Monty and staring into the dark godless sky.

''Its the wind ain't it?''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:56 am

"Well, I guess I'll be going with you guys. But, that sound is not the wind; it's not an animal, and it certainly is not human. It... could be what I saw near that stream. Or river. Or whatever you call it."

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:03 am

Monty
"Shut up!" she said taking hold of the man's arm and forcefully guiding him towards the camp, and saying to Marco, "Grab his other arm and let's go! Damn fool-" her cool having faded, "Evan- your truck- get the door open!" She shot a glance towards Will, in it her frustration like his own was evident- but also that she didn't care what they did with this stranger but only Will would have seen that as she turned to Don hoping he'd understand in her expression something.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:10 am

"Whoa! What the f*ck are you guys doing!" he begins to struggle as he's panicking

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:10 am

Will grabbed the mans other arm and began force marching him with Monty, turning to the rest and saying "Move now. The thing that made that noise is very strong, very angry, and very likely to kill you if we don't start moving now. Just walk like you don't know it exists and keep moving towards the camp, and whatever you do do not stop moving until we are off my family's land. And if I say run... run like your life depends on it, because it definintly will. Now go!"

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:11 am

"OK, ok... jesus." he stops struggling

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Marco

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Will grabbed the mans other arm and began force marching him with Monty, turning to the rest and saying "Move now. The thing that made that noise is very strong, very angry, and very likely to kill you if we don't start moving now. Just walk like you don't know it exists and keep moving towards the camp, and whatever you do do not stop moving until we are off my family's land. And if I say run... run like your life depends on it, because it definintly will. Now go!"

''That thing? Its gonna kill us? You Densons been keeping some wild animal here like it were a zoo? I need answers here Will!''

He started fast-walking with them back to where Carl, Evan and Monty had left their vehicles. The adrenaline was still active and he was ready to sprint ahead if need be. However he didn't want to leave Captain Marvel behind who could only go so fast on his little legs. His puppy didn't like being carried but it might soon become necessary.

Why the hell did Will have no issue with them venturing into the Ghostwoods if he knew there was some dangerous creature waiting for them? Was there an enemy in every corner? First he thought he'd need to worry about that psycho Lucas, then some totally-not-evil german sounding schizophrenic so-called 'doctor' arrived in the middle of nowhere and just when they were trying to wrap their mind around it everyone could suddenly hear the shrilling of some unseen beast that wanted them dead.

Although Monty had asked him to grab the Doctor's other arm beside her he was too distracted with the shrills to respond immediately to her request, prompting Will to do it for him. Once again he was relieved not to be hindered in movement and allowed to move as he pleased in the event that something really was going to chase them.

''Donny man, you got an idea what's goin on?''

Back at the campfire he never could have guessed how quickly things would escalate from simple ghost stories.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse