NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/1 slot open PC for adoption)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:16 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Yeah, we can't remove them now without retconning Will's latest post and that would cause unnecessary confusion, making the best of the current IC flow seems like the ideal option.

I want to post- and I guess I should. I had messaged The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune but he already logged off- so I've got only my feelings and New Tussia's app to go on.

At first I thought she'd find something, but after looking at the man's year of birth I realized it wouldn't be that- so- where I to post everything would be defused I think.... I think.

So- should I post?

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Lucas can still examine the Doctor's wrist since nobody else seems to have - unless Monty stepping forward armed with the bear spray is going to do it first.

Well.... that's the thing I had intended Monty to- for reasons- again she has reasons. So- without word from Will's player - and only the Doc's application- as stated above I know nothing will be found; and wonder if I should post that- I kind of want to give Codagh a chance to be involved- he can't help not being online right now- but.....

Edit: I mean the wrist is extended out right now to be examined.

Way I see it, someone has to check the Doc's wrist now - more or less in the present moment established - going even a single post now without checking it will make it look like the Doc's just holding out his wrist for a while and no one is checking it despite Will's words. Monty has already made the gesture to check, I think that action is locked now.

Yes - I'm afraid Lucas cannot check his wrist after all - Monty is already ahead of him with the spray, approaching the Doc, her actions seem set in stone - to check his wrist.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am

Harbertia wrote:I want to post- and I guess I should. I had messaged The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune but he already logged off- so I've got only my feelings and New Tussia's app to go on.

At first I thought she'd find something, but after looking at the man's year of birth I realized it wouldn't be that- so- where I to post everything would be defused I think.... I think.

So- should I post?

Well.... that's the thing I had intended Monty to- for reasons- again she has reasons. So- without word from Will's player - and only the Doc's application- as stated above I know nothing will be found; and wonder if I should post that- I kind of want to give Codagh a chance to be involved- he can't help not being online right now- but.....

Edit: I mean the wrist is extended out right now to be examined.

Way I see it, someone has to check the Doc's wrist now - more or less in the present moment established - going even a single post now without checking it will make it look like the Doc's just holding out his wrist for a while and no one is checking it despite Will's words. Monty has already made the gesture to check, I think that action is locked now.

Yes - I'm afraid Lucas cannot check his wrist after all - Monty is already ahead of him with the spray, approaching the Doc, her actions seem set in stone - to check his wrist.

I'll get the post up- but it'll leave us wondering- what happens next? I mean- this is odd even with out paranormal elements. Would you give this man a lift into town? We'll be left wondering what to do.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 am

Harbertia wrote:

I'll get the post up- but it'll leave us wondering- what happens next? I mean- this is odd even with out paranormal elements. Would you give this man a lift into town? We'll be left wondering what to do.

Marco's against it, Evan seems for it, Will probably doesn't want to leave a stranger in his family land, the majority will probably favor taking the strange Doc with them.

If so then will they complete their trek through the ghostwoods or go back to the campsite where they left their vehicles? Will seems to have taken the lead, it will be interesting to see if Donny will be inclined to agree or disagree with his decision.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:02 am

Harbertia wrote:I'll get the post up- but it'll leave us wondering- what happens next? I mean- this is odd even with out paranormal elements. Would you give this man a lift into town? We'll be left wondering what to do.

Marco's against it, Evan seems for it, Will probably doesn't want to leave a stranger in his family land, the majority will probably favor taking the strange Doc with them.

If so then will they complete their trek through the ghostwoods or go back to the campsite where they left their vehicles? Will seems to have taken the lead, it will be interesting to see if Donny will be inclined to agree or disagree with his decision.

I know that there are at least three cars. Monty's, Carl's, and Evan's.

A 1984 Chevy Scottsdale, a Ford del Rey, and the the Strumvitner family's truck which- isn't in the best of shapes due to it's heavy use and age. ... yeah her family really needs a new car. The only person then with good room is Carl with the Ford del Rey. I don't think we want the guy jumping out of the back of a truck and running off again if we go the route of taking him into town and thus packing up camp despite having been planning this camping trip for so long.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am

Harbertia wrote:

I know that there are at least three cars. Monty's, Carl's, and Evan's.

A 1984 Chevy Scottsdale, a Ford del Rey, and the the Strumvitner family's truck which- isn't in the best of shapes due to it's heavy use and age. ... yeah her family really needs a new car. The only person then with good room is Carl with the Ford del Rey. I don't think we want the guy jumping out of the back of a truck and running off again if we go the route of taking him into town and thus packing up camp despite having been planning this camping trip for so long.

But, he knows where his medicine is and if you would take him to get it; he'd be a could help.
Also, he knows a lot more about the land but his schizophrenia attack is keeping it locked up.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 am

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I know that there are at least three cars. Monty's, Carl's, and Evan's.

But, he knows where his medicine is and if you would take him to get it; he'd be a could help.
Also, he knows a lot more about the land but his schizophrenia attack is keeping it locked up.

hmh Our character still don't know that. They still don't know who or what the persons is and doubt him even while he tells truths. Evan so far is the best hope for reaching a point of cooperation.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:13 am

the direction you where walking

... ok... I'm creeped again.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:12 am

Didn't really anticipate for this...
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:17 am

I propose our characters march him to Evan's truck, if anyone is gonna monitor this man it should be Evan- I think it's important we know where we are marching the man.

New Tussia wrote:Didn't really anticipate for this...

Neither did I- it's thrilling.

Though out of curiosity- what where you expecting? I know I became oblivious to where it might go as soon as we met the man so close to the stream. The question of what to do and it seems it's been decided- we're going back to camp, abandoning camp, and getting back to town- looks like we'll have to come back latter- when it's daylight- to gather our things. ... woah... the condition of our camp site when we return in daylight could be telling indeed.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 am

Harbertia wrote:I propose our characters march him to Evan's truck, if anyone is gonna monitor this man it should be Evan- I think it's important we know where we are marching the man.

New Tussia wrote:Didn't really anticipate for this...

Though out of curiosity- what where you expecting? I know I became oblivious to where it might go as soon as we met the man so close to the stream. The question of what to do and it seems it's been decided- we're going back to camp, getting into town, and abandoning camp- looks like we'll have to come back latter- when it's daylight- to gather our things. ... woah... the condition of our camp site when we return in daylight could be telling indeed.

What I'm kinda thinking is that the Zombie Indians are drawn to him and want him alive because he's a descendent of their medicine man.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:20 am

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I propose our characters march him to Evan's truck, if anyone is gonna monitor this man it should be Evan- I think it's important we know where we are marching the man.

Though out of curiosity- what where you expecting? I know I became oblivious to where it might go as soon as we met the man so close to the stream. The question of what to do and it seems it's been decided- we're going back to camp, getting into town, and abandoning camp- looks like we'll have to come back latter- when it's daylight- to gather our things. ... woah... the condition of our camp site when we return in daylight could be telling indeed.

What I'm kinda thinking is that the Zombie Indians are drawn to him and want him alive because he's a descendent of their medicine man.

And, possibly the beast. But, it'll probably want him dead.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 am

Well... on a personal bright side- at least Monty doesn't have to reward anyone for completing the dare :lol:
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:26 am

Harbertia wrote:Well... on a personal bright side- at least Monty doesn't have to reward anyone for completing the dare :lol:

Fuck. But this is a SHTF situation. Everybody, pile in, gtfo, and dump the schizo at the nearest hospital, and wait till light comes. If worse comes to worse, you can hole up at the Dorian's place till sun comes up.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 am

Well; I had not thought of basically getting kicked out of the RP temporarily.... :( :( :(

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:35 am

New Tussia wrote:Well; I had not thought of basically getting kicked out of the RP temporarily.... :( :( :(

It is a slight issue that has arrisen. With your character being centered around that forest by working at a clinic well... we'd have to come up with something for them to be doing....

can I suggest perhaps- making a 2nd character? Say we used this doctor as a plot devise latter but for now plan to say, contact someone-

idk... at the time I accepted the character as I didn't have anything planned and figured 'an interesting encounter' might give us direction. and it has... but now we have your character and we must consider what to do with them.

Turn them into a side character while working with you to create a new main?

Give him a special side plot where as an adult he gets involved in what's going on in a higher level of understanding then the gang? One where he knows more yet might find himself having to advice them if any of them go- crazy.

Do we work with you to create a main and.... hmm.....
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:37 am

Harbertia wrote:
New Tussia wrote:Well; I had not thought of basically getting kicked out of the RP temporarily.... :( :( :(

It is a slight issue that has arrisen. With your character being centered around that forest by working at a clinic well... we'd have to come up with something for them to be doing....

can I suggest perhaps- making a 2nd character? Say we used this doctor as a plot devise latter but for now plan to say, contact someone-

idk... at the time I accepted the character as I didn't have anything planned and figured 'an interesting encounter' might give us direction. and it has... but now we have your character and we must consider what to do with them.

Give him a special side plot where as an adult he gets involved in what's going on in a higher level of understanding then the gang? One where he knows more yet might find himself having to advice them if any of them go- crazy.

Ok, Imma work on another character just in case.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:45 am

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:It is a slight issue that has arrisen. With your character being centered around that forest by working at a clinic well... we'd have to come up with something for them to be doing....

Ok, Imma work on another character just in case.

Sounds good, perhaps by a stroke of fortune your current character will find a place.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:50 am

Character Name: Mikhail Yuriev
About the Character: At 21 one years old; he's a native of the town. His Great-Grandpa was Russian and Great-Grandma German. His dad eventually became an alcoholic and beat him. His dad was arrested Mikhail was 9. He was friends with most of the group until he had to move away to Chicago at 14 due to family issues. There, he started causing trouble and hanging out with the wrong people. He joined a gang and dropped out of high school at 17. He was in the gang until a drug deal went wrong and was shot in the knee which gave him a permanent limp. He realized that he wasted his whole future. He started night school. He started to make amends with people and was pardoned from his crimes which came at a surprise.

He came back to the town not to long ago to collect inheritance from his mom who had died from an overdose. Now, he's thinking of moving back. Because of paranoia, he always carries some kind of gun, knife, and even on some occasions a machete.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:55 am

New Tussia wrote:

Just some small notes here for accuracy sake, this is the wrong area for the term medicine man, that's a cherokee term who only had a presence in the south of the state, not in the panhandle where we said we were. Not that it matter because the tribe we were saying occupies the territory we are in are Shawnee Exiles. Also, as man who is handling that part of the story, I can confirm that there currently aren't any zombies wandering the woods.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am

Toyed with the idea of Marco getting kidnapped by forest dwelling hillbillies after being mistaken for Will (motorcycle attire) and needing to be rescued somewhere down the storyline. Thoughts? Too dark? Edit: Or too dumb? Is it workable?

But back to topic - Currently we're walking back so:

1. Is it a long walk?

2. Are we all gonna leave and go home after dropping the Doc off?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:01 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Toyed with the idea of Marco getting kidnapped by forest dwelling hillbillies after being mistaken for Will (motorcycle attire) and needing to be rescued somewhere down the storyline. Thoughts? Too dark? Edit: Or too dumb? Is it workable?

1. Is it a long walk?

I think we did say we were a few miles in when we met the Doc, so a couple of minutes at least. After that I don't know.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:14 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Toyed with the idea of Marco getting kidnapped by forest dwelling hillbillies after being mistaken for Will (motorcycle attire) and needing to be rescued somewhere down the storyline. Thoughts? Too dark? Edit: Or too dumb? Is it workable?

1. Is it a long walk?

I think we did say we were a few miles in when we met the Doc, so a couple of minutes at least. After that I don't know.

I think we were not 'a few miles'... the walk would only be one mile (15 minutes) and really when Doc showed up we had only just started to move....

Though he menions the stream which you said was the boundry - the property line. So- I propose that we had a time skip happen and that not all of us realized it. Whcih means we've walked 15 minutes to the edge of the Ghostwoods and encountered this guy- meaning that before we left the guy put his gun away.

So- yeah that works- we walked 15 minutes.

I honestly was posting as if we had only just started to walk away from camp- even imagined us still in the light of the camp fire. I appear to have been wrong about that.

We would't be at the stream if we didn't travel for 15 minutes.

Longer then I though we had moved for sure- but that's where we are so let's not question it.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:16 am

Harbertia wrote:
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:

I think we were not 'a few miles'... the walk would only be one mile (15 minutes) and really when Doc showed up we had only just started to move....

Though he menions the stream which you said was the boundry - the property line. So- I propose that we had a time skip happen and that not all of us realized it. Whcih means we've walked 15 minutes to the edge of the Ghostwoods and encountered this guy- meaning that before we left the guy put his gun away.

I honestly was posting as if we had only just started to walk away from camp- even imagined us still in the light of the camp fire. I appear to have been wrong about that.

Longer then I though we had moved for sure- but that's where we are so let's not question it.

What do you think of my character?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:23 am

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I think we were not 'a few miles'... the walk would only be one mile (15 minutes) and really when Doc showed up we had only just started to move....

What do you think of my character?

You think him and Marco have any association?
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:26 am

Harbertia wrote:
New Tussia wrote:What do you think of my character?

You think him and Marco have any association?

Marco was in a gang during high school as stated in his bio but I never thought it would ever be relevant so never came up with the details on his current affiliation after he dropped out and worked at the scrapyard.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse